[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

G.O.A.T. Fucking based. Is he, dare I say, /our/ guy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: RCO003_1490175576.jpg (507KB, 1041x1600px) Image search: [Google]
RCO003_1490175576.jpg
507KB, 1041x1600px
G.O.A.T. Fucking based. Is he, dare I say, /our/ guy?
>>
>>91009404
Yes, but more importantly

Was he a draw?
>>
>>91009517
Yes but Romanetty isn't
>>
>>91009404
Superman broke reality with a single punch and then fixed it in this arc. That shit plus the whole "I can sing you out of the multiverse" was hilarious.

Shit, the guy is op as hell and that is just great! Not being sarcastic at all, it's amazing!
>>
Superman is for everyone.
>>
File: clark's death star.jpg (256KB, 2048x1325px) Image search: [Google]
clark's death star.jpg
256KB, 2048x1325px
>>
Jurgens is a boring writer
>>
He's not really back until the trunks are too
>>
>>91011924

Jurgen's isn't the only writer - and with DC (or Marble) the writers are more like journeymen than they are architects
>>
>>91009903
>Superman broke reality with a single punch

I've realized that the best thing about Reborn is Superman didn't break reality with a punch, he broke it with love. Some not-so-mysterious reality bender decided to take away Superman's marriage to Lois Lane when the nu52 started. But Lois and Clark's love was so strong that the parts of them that loved each other broke off and reformed as Superdad and Lois-mom. They come back with now with a kid, and Mxy messes with them, but his meddling just results in the two parts of Superman and Lois recombining and bringing their marriage and kid into the new canon.

In short, an all powerful being tried to steal Lois and Clark's marriage, but their love was so strong it broke the Universe in order to bring the marriage back. So fuck you, Spider-man.
>>
>>91009404
I love Superman and am way out of the loop.
Hate to be that guy, but can someone sum up what's going on with Supes lately and whether or not this series is worth buying?
>>
>>91016151
NEVER MIND, DIDN'T SEE >>91016141

FUCK ME THAT SOUNDS PRETTY GOOD.
>>
>>91016141
>all powerful being

So this being DiDio, according to some, what does it actually really mean for the future, five - ten years down the line.
>>
>>91016151

The specific story being talked about here is a four-issue arc:

Superman 018 (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
http://www39.zippyshare.com/v/SaPJRwNU/file.html

Action Comics 975 (2017) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
http://www24.zippyshare.com/v/flPTwIzv/file.html

Superman 019 (2017) (2 covers) (digital) (Minutemen-Drunk Monk)
http://www73.zippyshare.com/v/vVz8fmd7/file.html

Action Comics 976 (2017) (webrip) (two covers) (The Last Kryptonian-DCP)
http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/cthsHZKl/file.html

But the entire run since Rebirth has been pretty universally praised as good to great, with a few loud (Superbro-loving) exception.
>>
>>91012620
Is that supposed to be a shield reference?
>>
>>91016214

No clue what you mean.

It just means that often editors and/or others set up stories (in the case of DC Rebirth, all the editors and writers are meeting with Johns regularly to go over stories with him, not that he's vetoing things right and left, but there's over arching stories they have to include or fit in, and they are told that, and there are things that they aren't allowed to cover and they aren't necessarily told any more than they need to. Some of it, I'm sure, they are making up as they go along, but not all of that is 100% in his hands.

In the case of Jurgen's, he wrote the Convergence two-parter that sold well enough to lead to the 8 issue limited Lois & Clark mini-series, that was the basis for some of what they are doing with Superman Rebirth, so it makes perfect sense to have him write the stories on one of the books, plus he's proven in the past he can do the stories on a bi-weekly schedule.

I personally don't find him totally unappealing but I agree, once they get past this first block of stories, I'd like to see someone else take over Action.
>>
>>91012620
Depends on the character. Superman is one of those characters where everything is decided by the editors and hence we've been left with shit stories.
>>
I only stuck around for the first month or two of Rebirth, can someone catch me up on the Superman developments?
>>
>>91017582
Mysterious Clark appeared and creeped, then a multiverse story, then >>91016202 which you should read
>>
>>91017582

Superman is genuinely good. You should definitely go and pick those up. The issues you were pointed to is the only cross over.
>>
>>91016176

Damian's been around for a decade now, and we're getting some of his best stories. Jonno has a bright future ahead
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.