[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Home on the range

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 1490318422887.jpg (299KB, 1000x1409px) Image search: [Google]
1490318422887.jpg
299KB, 1000x1409px
Silly question coming from someone who hasn't seen it yet, but how can a movie about barnyard animals reclaiming their home, animated by Disney, possibly be so bad?... I mean you'd expect it to be mediocre and a waste of talent, but why's it got the amount of infamy it does?
>>
>>91003942
Aside from just being really bad, it's also helped kill off Disney's traditional animation department.
>>
Alameda Slim was the best part of the movie.
>>
>>91003942
It wasn't bad, just really weak and a waste.

>>91004251
It was already dying, even if there was a runaway hit it wouldn't have saved it
>>
>>91003942
Home on the Range level/summon in Kingdom Hearts when?
>>
I don't know, I used to like it as a kid
>>
>>91004279
Pretty much this
The latinoamerican version is somehow liked because some VAs worked on it
That and the famous mexican slangs used on the 00's
>>
>>91003942
At least it had sexy cows.
>>
It's a big victim of executive meddling. They wanted it to have some stakes, but the execs nixed any real danger. Then they decided to make it a farce and a spoof, and the execs said it was impossible to take seriously (which was the point ).

Eisner pushed it into a bland mush, not outrageous enough to be hilarious, not deep enough to be moving.
>>
>>91005066
It had the one trait that is most dangerous for any piece of media to have.
Being utter meh.
>>
If it were from the 70's or was some straight-to-DVD thing it probably wouldn't have such a reputation. It's by no means poorly executed, it's just that no one in their right mind would try to say a story about three opinionated old ladies having to come to terms with living together would be a good idea for a Disney Feature movie.
>>
>>91003942
>why's it got the amount of infamy it does?
People went in expecting "Disney Quality" and it played like a not terribly well made Saturday Morning Cartoon.

If I'd seen it on cable and not known it was a Disney flick I'd have just gotten bored and flipped the channel thinking it was mediocre and not worth the watch; but I went with some friends to see it in the fucking THEATER and was frankly insulted and angry that I'd wasted time and money on it. Basically this should have been released as a direct-to-video but they got greedy.
>>
it's really boring and underwhelming but I sure fucking love the art style
>>
It's the absolute worst kind of bad: boringly bad. It's not such a fucking wreck that you can laugh at it's failures and it's not such a janky wreck that you can try to find the charm in its various faults. It's just like two hours of your life wasted when you watch it.
>>
>>91003942
See >>91005066
It hurt the villain the most. He was suppose to be a cow thief that sold beef on the illegal black market but the suits thought it was too dark for a kids movie.
So they decided that he should want to use animals to take over the capital but the suits said he wasn't a threat.

Idiotic suits.
>>
>>91006261
It's even dumber than that.

They didn't have him sell the cattle as beef because they were talking about a promotional deal with McDonald's.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.