[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

valiant comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (19KB, 260x184px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
19KB, 260x184px
So I've been browsing /co/ for a few months now and I've noticed that you guys don't seem to talk about valiant comics and I was just wondering why?
>>
I liked Archer and Armstrong and to a lesser extent Ivar, Timewalker, but the Valiant universe doesn't otherwise seem like a fun place to hang out. The characters still seem like ultraviolent knock-off characters who peaked in the early 90s. If Fred Van Lente wrote the whole line I might be more interested but otherwise, hard pass.
>>
They are trying too hard to be a SJW-less Marvel.
>>
Quantum and Woody is pretty good and I read some Archer and Armstrong, Ivar and Eternal Warrior but lost interest in those after a while.

Overall I'd say that they're competent comic creators but don't tend to be particularly outstanding.
>>
>>91001871
It's shit.

If you want GOOD Superhero comics, make yours Marvel. Books like Ms Marvel, Gwenpool, Unstoppable Wasp, and Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur are a billion times better than edgy garbage like Archer and Armstrong or Ninjak

/thread
>>
>>91006037
you're joking right....
>>
>>91006141
No. Marvel is ushering in a new era of comix.

Valiant is just a edgier and shittier copycat of Marvel. Honestly, Disney should just buy them out and put Marvel in charge of them.
>>
File: 1477081822383.gif (3MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1477081822383.gif
3MB, 800x800px
>>91006037
bait
>>
>>91007434
It's not bait if it's True
>>
>>91001871
It's not controversial or rageworthy enough
>>
>>91001871
Lackluster creative teams, especially the artists.
Zero interest in jumping into a new connected universe with crossovers.
>>
All my interest died after the scandal of them stuffing ballot boxes.
>>
>>91008126
>Zero interest in jumping into a new connected universe with crossovers.
I'm the opposite: I love stuff like Invincible and Astro City; so I *should* be their target audience ... however:

>Lackluster creative teams, especially the artists
THIS.

I tried the new series when they had the first big launch a while back and they were all just blandly mediocre.
>>
File: X-O Manowar (2017) 001-016.jpg (3MB, 3975x3056px) Image search: [Google]
X-O Manowar (2017) 001-016.jpg
3MB, 3975x3056px
>>91008126
>Lackluster creative teams, especially the artists.
That was true at the beginning but not anymore, they have been getting better artist.
>>
>>91006037
(You)
>>
>>91001871
/co/ only reads dc and marvel.
>>
I tried a few of their books and was left unimpressed
Maybe if somebody storytimed their best stuff people could be persuaded
But I think as of now 99% of consumers don't care
>>
>>91001871
I'd never heard of it up until this point but I don't know how willing I am to get into something obscure as scans would likely be difficult to find.

Regardless, any suggested series, OP?

Also do they all exist in one universe?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.