[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rebirth Confusion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: haljordan.jpg (2MB, 1800x2767px) Image search: [Google]
haljordan.jpg
2MB, 1800x2767px
Can someone please explain the timeline of Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps to me?

I never read the 52 and I am so confused.

>why is Sinestro so old? Is this book in the future? Is this occurring at the same time as the other Rebirth books?
>why did the Green Lantern corps disappear? Where did they go and why did so many of them die?
>What happened to Hal, why did he lose his ring and end up on that rock in #1? Why wasn't he taken with the other GLs

p-pls respond. also general Rebirth confusion thread for dummies like me.
>>
Oh gee, i dunno, maybe the answers can be found in the previous Green Lantern series WRITTEN BY THE SAME WRITER.

Or maybe i'm crazy, just guessing.
>>
>>91001040

Sinestro was old because he was pretending. They got lost in another comic that wasn't anything great. Hal was fucking around by himself because he didn't know where they went.
>>
Not OP, but I'm recently getting back into this.

Where can I read Brightest Day/Flashpoint?
>>
>>91001040

Read a book you fucking spoonfed failed abortion
>>
>>91001206
Thank you for actual help instead of a shitpost.
You are the kindest /co/mrade!

So it's not in the future, huh? Less confused now thanks again.
>>
>why is Sinestro so old? Is this book in the future? Is this occurring at the same time as the other Rebirth books?
Sinestro got drained in his solo book so EVS took artistic liberties to make him look old

It's around the same time as other Rebirth books

>why did the Green Lantern corps disappear? Where did they go and why did so many of them die?
They vanished for literally no reason in Lost Army and Edge of Oblivion books, no explanation has been given. They ended up in the universe that existed before ours and a bunch of them died because GL writers are hacks that use the corps as cannon fodder more than anything

>What happened to Hal, why did he lose his ring and end up on that rock in #1? Why wasn't he taken with the other GLs
He swapped his ring for Krona's gauntlet to play renegade for a while, the gauntlet started fucking up and Hal turned into pure will, he forged a new ring out of himself to use for focus. Hal wasn't taken with the other GLs because he didn't have a ring at the time, just the gauntlet
>>
Don't worry OP. I was confused too. I thought Rebirth was supposed to be a good jumping on point but the first issue of Hal and the GL is just confusing.
>>
>>91005009
It's because instead of ignoring the shitty parts from new 52 and jumping ahead to things people actually like, like every other Rebirth book did, Venditti decided to continue those plot lines then spend time getting to the good parts
>>
>>91005009
I can honestly say, without trolling or shitposting, that there is no good jumping on point for GL. It's an all-or-nothing proposition.
>>
>>91001040
>why is Sinestro so old?
He was left weakened and old at the end of the previous Sinestro run. One of the few things from it to carry over

>Is this book in the future?
No it's happening at the same time as the other rebirth books

>Why did the GLC disappear?
For many reasons that were never explained because the plot was dropped, everyone wearing a green lantern ring was whisked away to an alternate universe (to be specific, Relic's universe before it died). This was shown in the lost army run. It's also why Soranik had a yellow ring because sinestro's prophecy seeing yellow lantern warned him that greens would disappear and he swapped her ring out just before it happened. Overall this arc is better left forgotten because it was cut short and never really developed on.

Shortly before the GLs disappeared, Hal had decided that in order to mend the GL's reputation that was in shambles during his leadership, he'd fake going rogue, beat up Kilowog who was in on it and steal Krona's gauntlet. He thought that maybe all the bad rap would just be piled on him and that the GLs would get a clean slate. Unfortunately this plan backfired like shit because all GLs vanished (he didn't because he was wearing the gauntlet at the time).

DC YOUs hobo Hal run wasn't really that bad, give it a read along with Bunn's Sinestro. Ignore Lost Army.
>>
Would be nice to have an updated reading order list. I know we have one for Johns run.
>>
Remember how Simon was somehow both in the normal universe and in the Lost Army universe at the same time? Gotta love editorial fuck ups.
>>
>>91005823
also now he's a rookie GL again despite having been one for quite a while before Jessica showed up
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.