[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is it possible that Mabel is such a horrible character? Why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 274
Thread images: 81

File: The_Time_Traveler_Pig.png (900KB, 801x599px) Image search: [Google]
The_Time_Traveler_Pig.png
900KB, 801x599px
How is it possible that Mabel is such a horrible character? Why gravity falls has such bad characters (beside Uncla Stan the only good character)? And why are there fucking morons who think Gravity Falls is better than Gumball?
>>
>And why are there fucking morons who think Gravity Falls is better than Gumball?

Enough with your shilling already.
>>
>>90995102
>How is it possible that Mabel is such a horrible character?
Because Alex Hersch as a huge boner for his sister. He can't portray Mabel ever being wrong because then his sister would be wrong.

>Why gravity falls has such bad characters (beside Uncla Stan the only good character)?
Most of the side characters were good, though. Robbie, Tambry, Thompson, Bill, the giant head with the arm sticking out of it, the sheriffs, Mermando, Tad Strange.

And why are there fucking morons who think Gravity Falls is better than Gumball?
I have no idea, but I've never watched Gumball.
>>
>>90995234
Bill the dude almost defeated by a robot built with random parts in the midst of apocalypsis by a bunch of normal people. Totally a god
>>
>>90995307
How he was defeated (read: how the story is written) is irrelevant to the quality of the character.
>>
>>90995102
because the creator self inserted himself as dipper and his sister as mabel. Like that's where he got their character designs. He couldn't write his sister aka mabel ever being wrong and it fucked her character
>>
File: Star_Butterfly.jpg (28KB, 250x451px) Image search: [Google]
Star_Butterfly.jpg
28KB, 250x451px
Mabel's time as come and gone. No there's a new quirky star girl.
>>
If you watch the series assuming that Mabel is secretly in love with her brother, does it check out?
>>
>Base the main characters on yourself and a loved one.
>The main protagonist is an either spineless or stupid loser in a constant state of suffering, while the deuteragonist makes several important accomplishments and is quickly liked by anybody important who's not a villain.

I guess Nefcy and Hirsch have something in common after all.
>>
>>90995347
what is good about Bill ? the dude is pure hype, a dude with a cool design and a cool voice, the end. He was supposed to be a being an all-powerful being who was going to fuck us all and he almost did nothing
>>
>>90995501
I still think having Weirdmageddon be stuck in a bubble for its entirety was a bad writing idea
>>
>>90995383

Mabel is probably the worst character ever created in the history of mankind. In the other hand Star is qt, I love Star !
>>
>>90995383
I like to think Star's suffering is partially to make up for Mabel getting away with every thing.
>>
>>90995102
Mabel looks like she's about to make Waddles squeal like a pig
>>
I hear a lot of /co/'s thoughts on Mabel, but what are their thoughts on Dipper?
>>
>>90995681
is shit, there is nothing special about him
>>
>>90995681
Boring and bland, just like a lot of protagonists.
>>
>>90995681
Dipper's Cheeks
>>
>>90995924
you cheeky bastard
>>
>>90995102
2/10 made reply
>>
>>90995681
He is great. There aren't many smart characters that aren't walking stereo types.
>>
>>90996278
I wish there were more smart characters who were types of walking stereos.
>>
>>90995528
This. I dont care if it's explained off somewhere in the book it serves no purpose to needless force status quo like that since there would be season 3 and it doesnt make sense. Why the weirdness is even concentrated in Gravity Falls is underdeveloped in the show.
I know that its best to keep certain things a mystery but Gravity Falls did not find the right balance, because the nature of the town in the end isnt a mystery but a glanced over side note.
Twin Peaks did it better by explaining why demons are constrained to that area and hint towards it being an explanation for why there's so much suffering in this area. Lynch and Frost successfully served both practical plot related purposes and thematic purposes. Hacksh just comes off as lazy and incompetent.
>>
>>90996278
He isnt a poindexter BK kids club stereotype but he does fit the stereotype of being awkward, nervous, and scrawny. Overall he's bland, gets minimal character development, and is basically a plot device so interesting things can happen around him.
>>
>>90995234
>Most of the side characters were good, though. Robbie, Tambry, Thompson, Bill, the giant head with the arm sticking out of it, the sheriffs, Mermando, Tad Strange.
Most of those hardly qualify as characters.
>>
>>90995307
The whole point of Bill's "death" was to prove he was just another god wannabe you see in fiction.
>>
>>90996655
I agree
>>
Never watched this show, why do people hate her? Is she another Lisa Simpson?

People say she's a cunt but can I have an example?
>>
>>90997376
She's a self-centered, co-dependent, narcissist who abuses her brother by guilt tripping him into sacrificing his happiness and never once returns the favorw
>>
>>90996308
Underrated post.
>>
>>90997376

She's selfish and no one calls her out on it.
>>
File: 1490155042486.gif (1MB, 1258x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1490155042486.gif
1MB, 1258x1000px
>>90997376
They don't they just hope by posting these threads everyday people will post Pinecest art and they're always right people do. They can't get enough of that incest action.
>>
>>90995102
Are you the weird Gumball fag who would come into /sug/ sometimes and try to start some retarded fandom war?
>>
File: 1489888117021.jpg (740KB, 1400x1790px) Image search: [Google]
1489888117021.jpg
740KB, 1400x1790px
Daily reminder best girl would have gotten more screen time if season 3 happened.
>>
>>91002582
literally no proof of that at all.
>>
>>91002075
>being this new
>>
>>91003400
Theres an entire unfinished plotline surrounding her with the painting and the related symbol. It's an objective fact that she would have gotten more screentime, at least one episode.
>>
>>91003822
>objective fact

Completely ignoring all the other crap GF pulled that "would totally get more screen time if it had a season 3". Jesus you people never cease to crack me up.
>>
>>91003822
Also it doesn't sound much like an objective fact since you're so passionate about it. Maybe you should look up what "objective fact" means.
>>
>>90997927
She did once, if only once
>>
>>90995102
Mabel's worst girl
>>
>>91005390

She might be worst girl but i'd still cum on her braces.
>>
I never realised just how terrible these kids are because everyone was busy obsessing over the msytery parts of the show when it aired

and we all know the mystery shit meant absolutely nothing at the end of the show, and the only thing that actually happens in the show is Dipper drooling over Wendy or Mabel drooling over a random boy, I will never rewatch it
>>
>>90995234
bill was only good for 1 season, anon
same applies to most of them, actually
>>
>>90995102
>How is it possible that Mabel is such a horrible character?
She's a 12 years old girl to begin with. Then there's sugar overdose, delusions and overall stupidity.
>>
I marathoned the show when it was close to ending and thus didn't dabble in discussions with fans throughout. The impression of Mabel I got was that she could be rather unfair to Dipper sometimes, but I generally didn't find her too bad because she always felt like she got the unimportant B plots most of the time while Dipper was still the real star unraveling all the mystery stuff, which is what I was most interested in.

I did end up not enjoying the incest vibes, apparently Dipper X Mabel is the fanbase's favorite ship? I usually like incest, but not when I feel there are better options and I came to like Dipper X Pacifica instead. I wonder why its development was suddenly stopped after Northwest Manor Mystery. I just found out that a post-series Journal has a page where Dipper lets it slip out that he likes her, so it feels like wasted buildup and potential to me.
>>
>>91006021

>you will never see pacifica turn from spoiled rich bitch into a fun, adventure loving shorts-wearing tomboy

That being said I wouldn't mind seeing a drawfag doing thiat.
>>
A big problem is that they tried to act like Dipper and Mabel were two sides of the same coin and both equally the main protagonists while they really weren't
>>
>>91006111
>adventure loving shorts-wearing tomboy

Eh, I want her to retain her femininity while joining in on adventures
>>
>the "mabel is a horrible character" meme

im so sorry you plebs cant appreciate a character that doesnt change
>>
>>90995175
t. someone who doesn't know what "shill" means.
>>
>>91006166
>im so sorry you plebs cant appreciate a character that doesnt change

If she's a deeply flawed character and a supposed protagonist, then no I can't appreciate that she doesn't change
>>
>>91006131

You can never get rid of that, even if she's wearing shorts and doing manly adventures, she'd still be quite feminine and hot. Would be a delicious blending of flavors, my dude.
>>
File: 1460933754418.gif (148KB, 616x527px) Image search: [Google]
1460933754418.gif
148KB, 616x527px
>>91006021
>apparently Dipper X Mabel is the fanbase's favorite ship?

Not according to the fanfic and fanart count it's not.
>>
>>91006625
Oh boy, seriously?

I guess I can see the appeal in a crazy sort of way, them being enemies and all.
>>
>>91004148
>you're so passionate about it
Youre projecting, Im not. Even this poster >>91002582 aint me
There is literally an unresolved plotline in the show that would have to be concluded in a second season
>>91004095
>Completely ignoring all the other crap GF pulled that "would totally get more screen time if it had a season 3"
What did you mean by this? What an incoherent sentence. GF cut a lot of things so yes, a lot of things would get more screen time.

Are you two ESLs misinterpreting "more screentime" for "most screentime" or "more than any other girl"?
>>
Anyone else get a weird. "incesty vibe" from the twins?
>>
>>91006084
Wow. Is Bojack, dare I say, /our horse/?
>>
>>91007075
A lot of people
>>
>>91006672
Well fujoshits are just particularly prolific and dedicated generally and it's not like there's not plenty of Pinecest (that's Dipper X Mabel) and Padippica or Dipcifica (Dipper X Pacifica). It also depends where you are /co/ is a constant war between Pinescest, Padippica, and Wendip, reddit like Padippica. I wouldn't be surprised if casuals never noticed any possibilities outside of Wendip. Then there's Japans strange love of Mabel X Bill.

But despite the conspiracy theories here I don't think you were supposed to think the twins wanted to boink each other and the ship stuff wasn't a big focus. The creator seems confused by Pacifica's great popularity and her two "redemption" episodes were about throwing her strange fanbase a bone apparently, maybe.
>>
>>91007075
why the fuck this ship exits
>>
>>91006995
>ESLs misinterpreting
>Screentime

Since when did screen time become a compound word?
>>
>>90995102
>Gravity Falls vs Gumbal
I like both shows for different reasons
I wouldn't really compare them
>>
>>91007075
This takes me back.
>>
File: 1480513045303.jpg (31KB, 735x541px) Image search: [Google]
1480513045303.jpg
31KB, 735x541px
>>91009970
>>91010133
*screen time*
*you're*

If there was a third season one make a fair estimate that all the unresolved plot lines would be resolved. A fourth season was never planned and there's no reason to assume they'd leave even more unsolved with that extra time. I really dont understand why you simply refuse to believe a main character would not have another appearance if there was a third season.
Just because it's often misused doesn't make it a "buzzword", you projected on to my post by claiming I was passionate about the subject. I see no problem with my use of literal, in contrast to a plotline that's conclusion could be debated or be written off as simply unsatisfying. I dont have to justify either of those last two things because your comment on them were non arguments by the way.
>>
>>91010439
*one could
>>
>>90997376
She doesn't ever change. In Love God, she plays matchmaker with Robbie's relationship, and it fucks the group dynamic and she learns not to do that.
Then, in Roadside Attraction, she does that with Dipper, and then Dipper hurts Candy's feelings and Mabel blames Dipper.

Earlier in the same episode, as they're about to leave, she grabs his personal box from under his bed, and accidentally dumps out the contents, revealing pictures of Wendy.
Mabel, the person who has a scrapbook section dedicated to her failed romances, with numerous pictures of her ex-crushes, completely understands Dipper's feelings and HAHAHA just kidding, she shits on him for it and tells him to get over her already
>>
So, new Dipper/Mabel clothes swap pic: https://68.media.tumblr.com/e434747565653c3dba46599e9f24bd53/tumblr_inline_omz8oxU4dS1r3hceb_540.png
>>
So, how would the show change if the twins were both boys or both girls?
>>
>>90995383
At least Mabel isn't a cuck
>>
>>90995102

more important, would you have watched the show if Mabel was the smart one and Dipper the dumbass one?
>>
>>91011426
That would be weird. Their personalities would otherwise be unchanged, right?
>>
File: mabel's back.png (159KB, 497x600px) Image search: [Google]
mabel's back.png
159KB, 497x600px
>>90995102
>hating Mabel

Shit taste
>>
File: reverse mabel.jpg (88KB, 800x977px) Image search: [Google]
reverse mabel.jpg
88KB, 800x977px
>>91012596
>>
>>91011426
good point
>>
File: pines twins.png (226KB, 276x571px) Image search: [Google]
pines twins.png
226KB, 276x571px
>>91009911
because it is cute.
>>
File: tumblr_omug6tgcCy1toizwko2_400.png (107KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omug6tgcCy1toizwko2_400.png
107KB, 400x500px
>>91012626
>>
File: 1452119980998.png (682KB, 900x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1452119980998.png
682KB, 900x1078px
>>91012765
That's fucking adorable anon.
>>
File: 1485480458355.jpg (189KB, 742x538px) Image search: [Google]
1485480458355.jpg
189KB, 742x538px
>>91012787

We'll always have Reverse Mabel's inappropriately sexy legs.
>>
>>91012901
Is there any AU where Mabel's an antagonist but has her canon personality?
>>
There's no point in comparing Gumball and Gravity Falls. They're two completely different shows and people like them both for different reasons. If anything, Gravity Falls reminds me more of Scooby Doo: Mystery Incorporated as weird as that may sound.

I think Dipper is a really good character, who actually grows as a character throughout the series. Only problem is that he feels any guilt for leaving Mabel, who was nothing more than selfish.
>>
>>90995102
>Implying Gumball wasn't an insuferable cunt in S3 & 4.
>>
>>91012935
Some Reverse Pines stuff has them maintain general personality traits, but it was mostly older works.
>>
>>91010439
You can't call someone out on their English when you clearly have issues with it. What sort of mental gymnastics are you trying to pull? Stop shilling m8, you're going with hypothetical situations which can't be argued for or against so what you're saying is pointless since it can never be proven either way.

Again I'm going to stress this, if you're going to call out someones English then you should be able to at least spell out your sentences correctly. You can't use memes to defend your stance when you were the one who called other anons out on their English. What you're doing is asinine and you're argument is invalid.
>>
>>91010439
Back to /pol/ with you.
>>
>>90995102
She was neither on the giving nor receiving end of any vore.
>>
>>91013458
That sucks
>>
File: 1463359708371.jpg (34KB, 300x317px) Image search: [Google]
1463359708371.jpg
34KB, 300x317px
>>90995102
Okay so I was thinking of actually giving this show a chance because of this Bill cosplayer I met who said good things about it. But apparently you guys seem to hate it in the same way you hated Korra and you treat this Mabel character like she's the Uber-Satan of animated characters.

Why ?
What did she do ?
Did she seriously ruin the show single-handedly ?

I want to understand why is this character hated just as much (if not more) than the likes of Lisa Simpson.
>>
>>91015581
The shows worth watching. Mabel is just a character that always fucks up but never gets called out for it, or develops from it.

The show is still pretty good, especially season 1.
>>
>>91015581
Season 1 and the first half of Season 2 were really excellent. But the second half of Season 2 was really showing the showrunner's hard burnout and it took a sharp nosedip in quality. Most of the hate comes from the finale which retroactively ruined the show for many people. It was really quite bad for many reasons, one of which being that it absolutely destroyed Mabel's character and is the source of most of the anti-Mabel disgust.

I'd recommend that you watch it, all the way through season 1, and until the halfway point of season 2, when Grunkle Stan's mystery gets solved. It's not that the solution to his plotline is responsible for the series getting bad, it's just a handy coincidental marker for when the series started to plunge. After that whole thing gets solved stop watching and just enjoy what you had.
>>
>>91015581
Watch the show and decide for yourself. Don' let these retards dissuade you it's a great show.
>>
File: 1460816499232.png (177KB, 404x420px) Image search: [Google]
1460816499232.png
177KB, 404x420px
Don't be too hard on Mabel. She'll realize the mistakes she did sooner or later and learn from them.
>>
>>91015581
There's some truth to the Mabel hate but a lot of it is based on /co/ removing context or inserting their own interpretations into the show.

Just try a few episodes out and see if you like it
>>
I never hated her, really, she gave the show a little of comedy, and even if at the darkest Gravity Falls wasn't even that dark anyway, she made the show a little more light-hearted.

HOWEVER, in the finale Mabel left such a bad taste in my mouth. Really? Are you going to guilt trip your brother into being your friend (for a character that literally never had a problem making friends) over he becoming the next Galactic Detective? That's literally Dipper's dream, hell, the fact that Dipper acts like it's all cool and he always cared more about Mabel is what pissed me the most.

Just eat it up and grow up, you are holding your brother back, you little, retarded, annoying, whiny, needy, fucking cunt.
>>
>>90995102
>screamball
>good
Remember that cringe scene where Hirsch referenced the annoying Ocarina of Time fairy? Imagine that in every scene of every episode. That's Referenceball.
>>
File: orifice face.jpg (101KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
orifice face.jpg
101KB, 1920x1080px
>>91015581
>I want to understand why is this character hated just as much (if not more) than the likes of Lisa Simpson.
Alright, so basically,

>Apocalypse happens
>Everybody in terror, people are dying (or at least getting petrified) at a horrifying rate
>One guy gets the orifices on his face swapped randomly (see picture and remember he's screaming throughout this process)

>Meanwhile Mabel is in her own fantasy dreamland bubble where she's not just protected, she's actually having the time of her life
>Dipper risks everything to try and save her from her 'prison' just to find out that she's living in luxury and in no real danger whatsoever
>She refuses to leave her private heaven bubble even as everyone she knows is suffering in agony just outside
>When dipper tries to get her to leave she lashes out hardcore, turns her world against him, and replaces him with a "better brother" who's more charismatic and cool

>The whole plotline is finally resolved when Dipper promises to sacrifice everything, to screw over his future prospects with an apprenticeship so he can coddle his sister because she was scared she might have to grow up
>Mabel finally decides to leave the bubble now that she's gotten exactly what she wants and this is seen as a good thing, Mabel never faces any sort of consequence or compromise whatsoever
>>
>>91006021
>I wonder why its development was suddenly stopped after Northwest Manor Mystery.

Because the cutoff point for Gravity Falls isn't the end of Season One. It's the episode right after NMM: Not What He Seems.

That is the last good episode. And the reason for that is because it was the last episode Hirsch made before he decided he was sick of working at Disney and needed this show to end fast. So everything after Ford returns is just trying to tie everything up and get it all over with, and it's the point where everything goes to shit.
>>
File: [laughter stops].jpg (33KB, 720x447px) Image search: [Google]
[laughter stops].jpg
33KB, 720x447px
>>91015941
What the fuck ?
Is this real ?
Who the fuck wrote this shit ? That sounds awful.
>>
File: 1480710730144.jpg (43KB, 299x722px) Image search: [Google]
1480710730144.jpg
43KB, 299x722px
>>91015941
>no cool uncle to go on adventures for dipper
>no pacifica for dipper
>no wendy for dipper
>didn't even get a chance to betray Mabel at the end

Fucking why, Alex, why
>>
>>91015907
I thought his dream was going to a technical college and starting a ghost hunting show
>>
>>91013410
>doesn't know what shill means
>you're argument is invalid.
>still has nothing to say
>>
>>91016039
Apparently his dream is babysitting his sister forever.
>>
>>91015861
>this meme again
>>
File: tumblr_mm47lfRSgC1rg7xfqo1_540.jpg (175KB, 530x533px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mm47lfRSgC1rg7xfqo1_540.jpg
175KB, 530x533px
>>91009911
Because their love is pure.
>>
>>91016021
Also, said apocalypse is (arguably) all her fault
>>
File: tumblr_nf1pf1tOVq1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (397KB, 598x448px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nf1pf1tOVq1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
397KB, 598x448px
>>91009911
cuz the best part of waking up is pinecest in your cup.

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOQk_pWmisA
>>
>>91010787
Cute, and totally believable.
>linking to sfw pics
>>
>>91015581
It's just that the shittier things Mabel has done with fewer consequences were at the end of the series. She became less of a co-lead and worse of a person, but up until 2B she was fine.

If you watch it, just skip Roadside Attraction. It interrupts the main plot, there's little humor in it, no lore, and it's easily Mabel's worst episode.

>>91016021
It's not entirely honest
>When dipper tries to get her to leave she lashes out hardcore, turns her world against him, and replaces him with a "better brother" who's more charismatic and cool
Dippy-fresh existed, yes, the but the world turns against Dipper after Mabel loses control of her bubble-powers
she was immediately placed in the bubble world before the statues-apocalypse-suffering thing, so she likely doesn't even know about how bad it is
The rest is pretty accurate
>>
File: alexTwit.png (300KB, 577x360px) Image search: [Google]
alexTwit.png
300KB, 577x360px
>>91015941
>>91016021
>>91016035
>>91015809
>the hate comes from the finale which retroactively ruined the show

Alex couldn't handle that 4chan & tumblr figured out his 'big twist' during season one. He actually went out of his way to create and leak a fake screenshot.

Remember when we thought there might actually be lore?
Remember when we thought the symbol wheel might actually mean something?
We loved the show, and many anons loved Mabel, but the ending was like finding a dead rat at the bottom of the punch bowl.
I miss old /gfg/. /CryingSpaceRocks/ and /BlondMabelWithMagic/ just isn't the same.

>>91017101
On the one hand, there are a couple hints the bubble has mind-control/hypnosis properties, but they did a piss poor job of making that clear.
On the other hand, after a summer of surviving giant robots, man eating monsters, Gideon, ghosts, interdimensional demons, and seeing Dipper summon zombies by mistake...
she still chooses to trade away her great uncle's ominously glowing science artifact in order to get her way.
>>
>>90995102
This thread again...
>>
>>90995102
>why are there fucking morons who think Gravity Falls is better than Gumball?

'Cuz GF has plot, better characters and it is not based on "lol muh rundom"
>>
>>91013327
Kek /10
>>
>>91017243
>Remember when we thought there might actually be lore?

I always thought it was weird people made such a big deal about lore. It's like, everything in the show is about the Pines family and their immediate problems. It's not like a fantasy series with a bunch of background details or anything.
>>
File: I dreamed a dream of gfg.png (164KB, 682x1030px) Image search: [Google]
I dreamed a dream of gfg.png
164KB, 682x1030px
>>91017243
I miss it too anon
>>
File: deepestLore.png (50KB, 938x278px) Image search: [Google]
deepestLore.png
50KB, 938x278px
>>91017372
>It's not like a fantasy series with a bunch of background details or anything.
They went out of their way to design the totem pole using Kolus, a figure known for imitating his brother (the Thunderbird).
When /gfg/ spotted this, Hirsch went out of his way to record this https://soundcloud.com/shmebulock/soos-reacts

We weren't sure if they had swapped names, so we were calling them 5tan and 6tan in the threads. We had hopes the series could deliver more. We were so wrong.
>>
>>91017467
The thing is there WAS a lot of hints and shit, but only in regards to Stan's twin existing.

Everything else was just so much wind in the trees.
>>
>>91017243
>>91017467
If that hack used the time he spent misdirecting fans writing maybe he wouldn't be so shit at it.
>>
>>91017243
>/BlondMabelWithMagic/
surely you jest
>>
>>91017524
>surely you jest
surely I do. Star is a deeper character that recognizes jealousy and clinginess as being bad things
>>
File: 1379016649748.jpg (20KB, 273x272px) Image search: [Google]
1379016649748.jpg
20KB, 273x272px
>>91017545
ah cool no qualms there
>>
>>91017479
Yeah, that was always the real mystery.

fans just made up a lot of shit
>>
>>91017788
The real mystery was the friends they made along the way
>>
>>91016041
You called an anon out on their English then you use a meme and say you shouldn't call people out on on their English. Seriously how does your mind work?
>>
File: tumblr_myejucJhHh1rg7xfqo1_1280.png (182KB, 438x554px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_myejucJhHh1rg7xfqo1_1280.png
182KB, 438x554px
>>91009911
>>
File: padippica.jpg (67KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
padippica.jpg
67KB, 640x640px
>>91006021
>I came to like Dipper X Pacifica instead. I wonder why its development was suddenly stopped after Northwest Manor Mystery. I just found out that a post-series Journal has a page where Dipper lets it slip out that he likes her, so it feels like wasted buildup and potential to me.

Wasted potential is right
>>
Time is not going to be especially kind to this show, its episodes, or its fanbase at all. As we move farther and farther away from the finale, what Gravity Falls was will seemingly be forever foreshadowed by the vitriol over what was horrifically mishandled, what was never done, and exactly what shall never be.
>>
>>91021608
It's only been a year since it ended, though, and people have been saying stuff like this since shortly after the finale
>>
File: gravity falls unicorn.jpg (104KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
gravity falls unicorn.jpg
104KB, 1280x720px
>finally an episode where Mabel can learn how much of a selfish cunt she is
>"lol no she's totally pure of heart and everyone else is the jerk :^)"
>>
>>91021675
Friendly reminder that the unicorn was fucking right, if unintentionally.
>>
Alex Hirsch is a bitter fuck who was "ditched" by his sister so he turned Mabel into an insufferable cunt but his self-insert sticks around her anyway because that's what Hirsch wants to do irl with his real sister.

It's sad but hilarious that a man pining for his twin sister's cunt actually made a cartoon about it. That's why they're called Pines. Dipper Pines, in verb form. Lmao.
>>
>>91021608
no one else gives it shit like /co/ though not even close we're an anomaly a stray insignificant point of data
>>
File: 1488158218896.png (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1488158218896.png
52KB, 250x250px
>>90995102
Is "fucking morons who think *INSERT-SHOW-HERE* is better than Gumball?" the new "fucking morons who think *INSERT-SHOW-HERE* is better than SU?"
>>
File: storyGuy04.jpg (93KB, 500x563px) Image search: [Google]
storyGuy04.jpg
93KB, 500x563px
>>91021608
>Time is not going to be especially kind to this show
Given that Star Vs is chugging along with lore & romance, and Steven Universe keeps going,

Hirsch & GF are gonna be remembered as the weakest link
and the one that bailed early because "being an adult & running a show are hard work!"
>>
>>91021608
How the fuck would that happen? As time goes on the exact opposite will occur because as we move away from the autistic screeching of fans who didn't get their headcanons fulfilled any stigma surrounding it will dissipate and you'll be left with the show as is. The show itself will endure, but the forums filled with essay length diatribes on Mable being shit and the million incorrect fan theories will not impact future watchers as discussion of the show fades away.
>>
>>91015957
>everything after Ford returns is just trying to tie everything up and get it all over with, and it's the point where everything goes to shit
Changing the formula by bringing and focusing on an unfun character fucking up all the established dynamics does that.
>>
>>91025687
Ford was pretty plain for somebody who got so much buildup, and he barely interacted with anybody other than Dipper, Stan, or Ford.
>>
>>91025794
Ford was a mistake, plain and simple.
>>
>>91025794
Bill*, not Ford.
>>
>>91021954
>Alex Hirsch is a bitter fuck who was "ditched" by his sister so he turned Mabel into an insufferable cunt but his self-insert sticks around her anyway because that's what Hirsch wants to do irl with his real sister
This makes so much sense.
>>
>>91025794
>A supposedly large part of the finale is Dipper choosing between Ford and Mabel.
>Ford and Mabel have maybe three interactions in the entire season, all under 30 seconds, and none of them are related to Dipper.
>>
>>91022567
But Mabel will still be shit and finale will still be 100% pure refined nonsense. I don't see how time could possibly redeem it beyond "Meh, nothing to be worked up about this shitty cartoon".
>>
>>91021675
>MABEL IS THE BEST PERSON I KNOW OF DONT YOU SEE!?

Appalling.
>>
>>91025867
And if you think that both of those things are terrible that's fine and I'll even agree that Mable is flawed and the finale is disappointing. However, I think that a lot of the hatred is a result of fans spending so much time analyzing the show and building up ideas in their mind that could not be lived up to. The post I was responding to seemed to think that this would somehow stay with the show, but I think that without all of the exaggerated fandom hatred it's not as bad in reality or at least not as obvious to someone who just wants to watch the show rather than spend weeks picking it apart.

I can understand thinking the finale is a clusterfuck after hyping it up for months before it airs, but for people like me who were able to watch it immediately it was not nearly as much of a letdown. I think time will be kind to the series.
>>
>>91021608
>what Gravity Falls was will seemingly be forever foreshadowed by the vitriol over what was horrifically mishandled, what was never done, and exactly what shall never be.

Dude get off the fucking internet, not everyone cares that much
>>
>>91010439
That meme and the way you speak reminds me of /pol/. Maybe you should go back.
>>
File: the jew.jpg (210KB, 612x380px) Image search: [Google]
the jew.jpg
210KB, 612x380px
>>91026609
It's two sides to two extremes, really.

Here on /co/, people wallow in the misery of how "bad" the last part of the season was, and it was pretty damn weak compared to the rest of the series and full of disappointment, but it wasn't a complete fucking shit show. It's downright insulting to say cartoons like Steven Universe or Adventure Time are better, because the production value of Gravity Falls was still on a whole other higher echelon.

At the same time, it does have major flaws that need to be discussed, and you'll NEVER hear those get touched upon without being downvoted or banned to oblivion on other places of the internet. Hirsch blocks anyone on his twitter for even a whiff of negativity, and surrounds himself with a cadre of yesmen and lickspittles who praise his every move, laugh at his every shitty Drumpf joke, and don't offer him any real insight into his faults as a cartoonist.
>>
So what was the deal with Mabel being obsessed with 80's flair?
>>
>>91028914
>>91028914
hipster
>>
>>90997376
She always puts her feelings first and Dipper is always expected to prioritize her happiness over his own.
>>
>>91028914
It's a cute quirk, like her oversized floppy disk shirt.
>>
File: 3.jpg (186KB, 856x1200px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
186KB, 856x1200px
>>91006672
>>
>>91032643
>Bill and Dipper
>Secretly care for each other

Really, anon?
>>
>>91032696

I didn't make the fucking thing and it's not about this show it's just a random fandom meme about fans shipping enemies more than friends in general (2 and 3).
>>
File: Spongebob.jpg (41KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Spongebob.jpg
41KB, 600x450px
>>91021608
>it's a /co/ spergs out and overreacts to disappointment episode
>>
>>91032643
Is that last one a joke about SasuSaku?
>>
>>90995585
Considering I find her annoying as fuck, I'll take whatever justification for her pain I can get.
>>
As a gumballfag myself even I can say this is bait.
>>
Gumball and Gravity Falls are two entirely different fucking shows. They're both good for their own reasons. Trying to compare them is foolish.
>>
File: 901v267vn2-30.jpg (168KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
901v267vn2-30.jpg
168KB, 1200x1200px
>>91035324
last one is Mabifica
>>
File: kjql3y-25q165tfdj.png (333KB, 798x500px) Image search: [Google]
kjql3y-25q165tfdj.png
333KB, 798x500px
>>91012626

The superior Mabel.
>>
File: Bite.gif (837KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bite.gif
837KB, 640x360px
>>90995102
>>
File: Doublepines.jpg (156KB, 843x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Doublepines.jpg
156KB, 843x1080px
>>91036601

Now we're getting somewhere...
>>
File: 2038y0pgja-dhse.jpg (52KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
2038y0pgja-dhse.jpg
52KB, 640x640px
>>91036424
>>
File: swap.jpg (89KB, 850x640px) Image search: [Google]
swap.jpg
89KB, 850x640px
>>91036681
>>
File: jump hug.gif (333KB, 500x312px) Image search: [Google]
jump hug.gif
333KB, 500x312px
Post Cute twins
'Cest is unnecessary. Just cute.
>>
File: AAAAAH.gif (217KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
AAAAAH.gif
217KB, 500x390px
>>
File: 1429069967323.gif (914KB, 450x277px) Image search: [Google]
1429069967323.gif
914KB, 450x277px
>>
File: 1432826815948.gif (452KB, 550x350px) Image search: [Google]
1432826815948.gif
452KB, 550x350px
>>
I hated Soos more than Mabel honestly.

Like I don't people that look like him. I just hate the whole "hurr nonthreatening dumb fat guy" trope because people like that are not fucking chill to be around in real life.
>>
>>91037463
>fem dipper
>Boy slut Mabel

Already 1000x better than the original
>>
>>91041427
I think that's just Mabel and Dipper in swapped clothes.
>>
>>91040603
Why was this deleted?
>>
>>91040603
I miss that nobody makes endearing interactions between Dipper and Mabel like this ever since the finale.
>>
>>91041089
Anon, which fat guy touched you in a no no place? You can tell us.
>>
>>91044914
>>91044339

What was it?
>>
>>91043541
>ywn have a true sister
To all those that do, bust one out in her mouth in memory of the rest of us.

>>91041089
>hurr nonthreatening dumb fat guy
I do have one of those , though, you just have shit luck. Fatties who learn to be charismatic to compensate for their appearance are awesome
>>
>>91045266
Short drabble about Dipper and Mabel hugging. Probably got deleted because it counts as a fic.
>>
>>91045266
>F6
>delete boards.4chan
>type desuarchive
If it wasn't archived before deletion, it was just a cute short fic
>>
>>91045357
I din't get why the mods delete those, honestly.
>>
>>90995102
for one thing, gravity falls IS better than gumball. gumball is a fucking meme.

mabel is cute
>>
>>91045412
>>91045357

Oh, okay
>>
File: mabel pounces.jpg (55KB, 743x1047px) Image search: [Google]
mabel pounces.jpg
55KB, 743x1047px
>>91040362
>>
File: mabel take two success.jpg (61KB, 743x1178px) Image search: [Google]
mabel take two success.jpg
61KB, 743x1178px
>>91047209
>>
File: that's not appropriate mabel.jpg (151KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
that's not appropriate mabel.jpg
151KB, 768x1024px
>>91047276
>>
File: hold my hand.jpg (182KB, 1218x1080px) Image search: [Google]
hold my hand.jpg
182KB, 1218x1080px
>>91047397
>>
>>
>>
No other cute pictures?
>>
File: 1450503138968.png (471KB, 675x600px) Image search: [Google]
1450503138968.png
471KB, 675x600px
>>91050595
Not him, but here's one. It's my only copy, don't lose it
>>
>>91050876
>>
>>91050876
Okay anon, I will keep it safe.
>>
File: Bigdad's Pacifica.jpg (199KB, 689x535px) Image search: [Google]
Bigdad's Pacifica.jpg
199KB, 689x535px
Since all recent Gravity Falls necrothreads need at least one of these, I'll just get it out of the way.
>>
>>
File: This triggers the co.png (304KB, 500x540px) Image search: [Google]
This triggers the co.png
304KB, 500x540px
>>
File: Bootlegger Pines.png (936KB, 893x726px) Image search: [Google]
Bootlegger Pines.png
936KB, 893x726px
>>
File: Bootlegger Comic.png (2MB, 512x6112px) Image search: [Google]
Bootlegger Comic.png
2MB, 512x6112px
>>
>>91051643
best au
>>
>>91051111

>>91051328
Bigdad always welcome
>>
I always disliked her, but fucking Weirdmaggeddon 2 made me hate her, and it sucks because I rewatched the series with some friends, and I noticed that Mabel triggers a lot of bad shit.

Because of her what happened to Dipper? He was fired from a summer job that he actually liked, was almost killed by a shape-shifting monster, had to see his crush date a guy that he hated, was possesed by a demon, almost lost his journal lots of times...

Just to name a few, yeah, she's a shit character, Dipper being bland is just a little better than her fucking selfishness
>>
>>
>>
>>91011337
She let her brother kiss Mermando in front of her
>>
>>91051603
>filename
I'm mad already
>>
File: 0ahy03489.gif (1023KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
0ahy03489.gif
1023KB, 500x281px
>>91051753
A lot of those things weren't her fault though...

I agree that the writers dropped the ball with Mabel towards the end though and ignored possibilities for her to grow and change and that was shitty.
>>
>>
>>91052086
What exactly is happening here?
>>
File: weuU2AQ.gif (923KB, 805x465px) Image search: [Google]
weuU2AQ.gif
923KB, 805x465px
>>
>>90995479
Reminds me of Joss Whedon in the second avengers movie, with that stupid ass romance subplot
>>
File: 52f.gif (401KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
52f.gif
401KB, 500x281px
>>
>>91052161
A drawfag made it based on a theory an anon had; If Dipper and Mabel had synchronized allergies, then they must have synchronized "other things."
>>
>>91052253
People who work creative type jobs almost universally hate themselves. Or even

>people almost universally hate themselves
>>
>>91051643
>>91051691
This is cool, is there more?
>>
>>91052405
Not really. The idea didn't take off in a big way like Monster or Reverse.

There's one or two pretty meh stories, and then no one touched it to my knowledge.
>>
File: bootlegger.png (158KB, 488x434px) Image search: [Google]
bootlegger.png
158KB, 488x434px
>>91052405
I remember that DP did a few more things and that there were a few fanfictions but that it didn't become a crazy popular international phenomenon like some of the other gravity falls aus did....
>>
>>91052447
That's too bad, the period really sells lovecraftian mystery.
>>
>>91015581
>single-handedly causing apocalypse

"why u hatin muh mabal?"
>>
>>91052276
O-oh
ok

So kind of like that Telepathic Orgasmic feedback loop shit that happened back in /gfg/
>>
>>91052276
>>91052651
That was a weird thing to take off. There are at least 3 fics about it that I know of. This is the only one I have a link for rn though.

https://conifertwins.tumblr.com/post/104192909976/on-my-mind-part-1
>>
File: ss+(2017-03-26+at+12.39.11).jpg (65KB, 717x763px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2017-03-26+at+12.39.11).jpg
65KB, 717x763px
>>
>>91052720
That's a rather promiscuous slogan for a girl her age to wear, isn't it?
>>
>>91052899
>>
File: 1347038754704.jpg (48KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1347038754704.jpg
48KB, 640x480px
>>91041089
>I hated Soos
>>
>>91052405
what the hell is the story behind that picture anyway
>>
>>91053975
Mabel is dead.
>>
>>91053975
As far as I know there's not background, just bad end
>>
>>91035324
To be fair everything wrong with Sasuke is Danzo and the Curse of Hatreds fault

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Curse_of_Hatred
>>
File: tumblr_ol2b3aXFkF1qio576o1_1280.jpg (234KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ol2b3aXFkF1qio576o1_1280.jpg
234KB, 500x667px
Reminder that Giffany did nothing wrong and Soos should have stayed with her.

>>91009911

Because they have terrible taste. Unfortunately, all the incestfags moved on to The Loud House instead of killing themselves like they should have.

>>91021675
>>91021691
>>91025876

You know, anytime I think of this episode, I can't help but think of the parallels with the Baby episode from Star Vs.

>both involve a silly funloving girl getting called out on their shit by a magical creature.

But while the Unicorn was revealed to just be bullshitting, erasing any need for Mabel to have an introspective moment, Baby was pretty much right, and Star knew it and just had to take it while Baby berated her. You ever see her feel guilty over the failings Baby pointed out, and start practicing her magic in earnest after Baby shat on her spell-casting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9qkCFsCbw8

I still like Mabel, but I have to admit they really dropped the ball with her towards the end of the series.

>>91028914

Pandering to adults. If this show was made 10 years from now, Mabel would be obsessed with the 90s. If it was made 10 years ago, she'd be obsessed with the 70s.
>>
File: 1489634321847.png (50KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
1489634321847.png
50KB, 500x700px
>>91054474
Stay mad fag.
>>
>>91054653

I always will
>>
>>91054198
I wouldn't call Mabel being dead a "bad end" since that would actually be character development of some kind.
>>
File: dont cut.gif (115KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
dont cut.gif
115KB, 500x516px
Not the fucking pinecest thread again
>>
>>91054663
>autismo stays triggered
Way to state the obvious.
>>
>>91054774

god fucking fucking damn it

that's designed to "load" slowly on purpose you absolute motherfucker
>>
>>91054774

Noice.
>>
>>91037463
>>91010787
Any pics of Dipper dressed as Mabel, but Mabel staying the same?
>>
>>91052262
Talk about melodramatic
>>
>>91054774
>>91054912
Moringmark is a gift to all cartoon fandoms.
>>
File: Dipper vs. Wendy's weight.png (819KB, 800x1558px) Image search: [Google]
Dipper vs. Wendy's weight.png
819KB, 800x1558px
Would Wendy have still worked as a character if they made her closer to Dipper and Mabel's age?
>>
>>91057899
It would make Dipper look even more pathetic.

It could work, but without age I think she would be more grating in how great she is.
>>
>>91051603
Is this one of those roleswap AUs?
>>
>>91053975
I wrote a few ghost Mabel stories
>>
File: 1439264589425.png (714KB, 3912x4652px) Image search: [Google]
1439264589425.png
714KB, 3912x4652px
>>90995102
>why are there fucking morons who think Gravity Falls is better than Gumball?
Why are nowadays Gumballfags so retarded?
>>
File: IMG_3582.jpg (51KB, 294x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3582.jpg
51KB, 294x324px
>>91011337
>>
>>91058652
THICC
>>
It's no wonder Pinecest is so rampant when they didn't have any potential love interests for Mabel who didn't turn out to be evil or a one-dimensional weirdo.
>>
>>91011017
I don't think they'd be able to get away with the stuff they did to Dipper if he were a girl
>>
File: 1367648109116 by doublepines.jpg (610KB, 1500x2680px) Image search: [Google]
1367648109116 by doublepines.jpg
610KB, 1500x2680px
>>91002052
it's that time of day again
>>
>>91058775
They're fucking 12, shippers are just nutjobs 100% of the time.
>>
>>91054912
how do...do you do that?
>>
>>91059381
With a .gif?
>>
>>91006166
You know nothing about writing at all, holy shit.
>>
File: 1314906152371.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1314906152371.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>You know nothing about writing at all, holy shit.
>>
>>91060556
No actual argument, I see.
>>
>The Top 10 List on the same night Alex appeared on Letterman talked about adjectives to describe Donald Trump's hairstyle
>>
>>91060556
>>91060601
This argument was so shitty it turned me blind. What the fuck, retards? At least be mote entertaining about it sometimes.
>>
>>90996655
This exactly, they were literal running gags.
>>
So I finally watched this show. Fucking /co/, you all lied to me. Mabel is an okay character, and yeah she does some dumb shit, and it gets kinda annoying just once in the finale, in her dream world or whatever that was. But that's not nearly as bad as you all paint it. If anything, Stan's ridiculous behaviour in the last episode is what you should be mad about. What the fuck was that? Yes, his dumb brother was too much of an asshole to even talk to him after he got back to this world, and really it was all (literally, ALL of it) Stanford's fault in the first place, but that doesn't mean you can't hold his hand this one fucking time to save the world, and settle your personal issues later. And he's an adult man, and he knows what's at stake.
>>
>>91060844
We criticised Stan's bizzare characterisation. But the problem with Mabel is not what she does, it's what writing allows her to get away with.
>>
>>91060844
It's a Stan nearly gets his niece killed over a grammar correction episode.
>>
>>91060881
Honestly, I'd be fine with the whole "Mabel being the harbinger of the apocalypse" things, had it actually been addressed and gotten a solid conclusion, and I think most people would be, too.
>>
>>91060922
But there's nothing to address there. The apocalypse was the result of Ford's and Dipper's autism.
>>
>>91060922
Indeed. Mabel being seduced by Satan preying on her insecurities are fine. Mabel having those insecurities and entitlements heeded as a happy end is not.

Every time the show might look like it's about to call Mabel out or have her make sacrifices, it swerves into nonsense to avoid it.
>>
>>91060601
You didn't have one either.

It was literally ad hominem.
>>
>>91061574
I wasn't the guy you replied to.
>>
>>91055587
Seconded
>>
>>90995102
Gumball went to shit when they made gumball a selfish little shit.
>>
>>91061631
First part of my post is still right, then
>>
File: Girl Bipper.jpg (64KB, 600x685px) Image search: [Google]
Girl Bipper.jpg
64KB, 600x685px
>>91058872
>Girl Dipper in Sock Opera

Probably wouldn't be seen as acceptable.
>>
File: Girl Bipper 2.png (365KB, 385x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Girl Bipper 2.png
365KB, 385x1200px
>>91066449
>>
>>91060844
It's just a handful of people constantly pushing their Mabel hate meme.
>>
Did anyone buy the Funko Pops?
>>
File: 59e.jpg (163KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
59e.jpg
163KB, 1200x1000px
>>91041427
might have just switched outfits
>>
>>91067061
I'm saving up money specifically for them. It's either that, or I do like Grunkle Stan: I steal 'em.
>>
>>91060844
She caused the apocalypses.
Thread posts: 274
Thread images: 81

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.