[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: Clarkkent-secretorigin.jpg (36KB, 288x379px) Image search: [Google]
Clarkkent-secretorigin.jpg
36KB, 288x379px
Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent.
>>
Looks like a pussy, i'll bet i could beat his ass
>>
Agreed
>>
>>90992443
This is correct
>>
>>90992443
Wrong, Clark Kent is a mask of Superman. Superman is who he is, the alien from another world.
>>
>>90992443
so is Superman Clark's Persona?
>>
>>90992587
Yup,
>>
>>90992443
Neither Clark Kent nor Superman are masks. That would imly one or the other isn't real, just an act. They're just two different sides of Kal-El. That's why when he's with people like Lois he behaves like a fusion of both instead of one or the other.
>>
>>90992443
Clark is superman, he just has a public clark persona
>>
This doesn't make any sense, Superman doesn't even wear glasses.
>>
Superman is an honest person
Parts of both Superman and Clark are who he truly is.
There is some obscure middle ground between the two that is the true him.
A selfless person who was born on Krypton and raised in Smallville.
Who was taught by Jon and Jor on how to do good.

There is a bit of his true self in all of it.
>>
Why does Clark always act like a doormat in his secret identity life?
>>
>>90992443
I think unlike Bats there isn't a mask for Clark. Superman is him acting like he's in authority while Clark is him acting like he's demure. In reality the only true Clark is somewhere in the middle. We see that around Lois, Ma, Pa, and with his endgame relationship with Bats.
>>
>>90993274
its probably relaxing compared to being the guy the entire world depends on
>>
>>90992443

Technically, Superman is NOT a MASK. So >>90992542 is demonstrably incorrect

>>90992567
This is also demonstrably incorrect. Clark Kent is Clark Kent. Superman WEARS NO MASK. You are, however, correct in stating that Superman is an alien, albeit from a dead world.
>>
>>90992443
You know, one of the things I liked from Morrison's Action Comics is that Clark ditched the suit and tie for a more comfortable but equally concealing out. That was one of the parts I'd like to see passed on.

Oh Superbro. They fucked you up so bad.
>>
>>90993274
Because he finds it amusing.
>>
>>90992443
I'm a marvelfag and haven't really read any Superman. What are the best ones?
>>
>>90993312
Well, he's a refugee, and as Clark, he's american to the bone.
>>
>>90992542
Clark kent can't be superman. He's not important enough to be superman. It's totally inconcievable.
>>
>>90992567

Quentin, please stop peddling this.
>>
File: 31465123535.png (909KB, 1511x1414px) Image search: [Google]
31465123535.png
909KB, 1511x1414px
>>90993542
Here you go, mate.

After reading all of this, start with the recent 'Superman' and 'Action Comics' runs and you'll be posting in Superman threads with the best of em.
>>
>>90992443
Totally.

But like Grant Morrison's explanation. Him being Kal-El thinking he's Clark Kent pretending to be Superman.
>>
>>90992567
Pre-Crisis yes.

Post-Crisis no.
>>
>>90992443
>Superman is a mask for downhome farmboy Clark Kent.

it depends on the writter.
>>
>>90992443
Byrne pls
>>
>>90992623

This. This nuance is very important for Superman, Batman, and Spider-Man.

I will say in Clark's case, Clark is closer to the truth than Kal.
>>
File: 1668.png (229KB, 520x331px) Image search: [Google]
1668.png
229KB, 520x331px
>>90992443
>>90992567
Wrong Jamie Lee Curtis is the persona of Clark Kent
>>
>>90994195
Thanks, man.
>>
Now, a staple of the superhero mythology is, there's the superhero and there's the alter ego. Batman is actually Bruce Wayne, Spider-Man is actually Peter Parker. When that character wakes up in the morning, he's Peter Parker. He has to put on a costume to become Spider-Man. And it is in that characteristic Superman stands alone. Superman didn't become Superman.

Superman was born Superman. When Superman wakes up in the morning, he's Superman. His alter ego is Clark Kent. His outfit with the big red "S", that's the blanket he was wrapped in as a baby when the Kents found him. Those are his clothes. What Kent wears - the glasses, the business suit - that's the costume. That's the costume Superman wears to blend in with us.

Clark Kent is how Superman views us. And what are the characteristics of Clark Kent. He's weak... he's unsure of himself... he's a coward. Clark Kent is Superman's critique on the whole human race.
>>
>>90994877
Fuck off Bill you dirty casual
>>
Shut up Bill, you're dead twice over.
>>
>>90993587

He was raised here for almost the entirety of his - that doesn't change his alien status, or if you prefer refugee status.

We're not really disagreeing anon.
>>
>>90994877
This is literally the most retarded bullshit Tarantino ever wrote and is nothing more than an example of how he views himself and his shitty self. With self loathing and disdain.
>>
>>90995075
Depends on the version. Pre crisis Superman had Super memory, and had great honor for Kryptonian heritage and a longing for it. Superman is just a farmboy was started after Superman was rebooted.
>>
Superman is the mask in the sense he's not really Clark. He's Clark doing his best to be the symbol he thinks people deserve and he purposefully hides parts of himself because he believes that it's what people need of him. But he also does that as Clark.
>>90995249
It works if you view it as Bill's interpretation.
Bill whom is a sociopathic monster, Bill who unironically says "This hurts me more than it hurts you" to a woman whose friends and lover he just murdered and beat her to death, Bill who spreads mayo with a butcher knife. Bill is Lex Luthor so it works that he'd have a cynical opinion of why Superman would ever stoop to being a lowly human and that only reason of course would be to mock humans. To be a genius among retards and beat his gimp arm on his chest and then when they look away say "lol they really think I'm retarded"
Y'know that works for Bill, so hopefully that was the reason Quentin did it, but who knows.
>>
>>90992641

Superman is a public person as is Clark Kent, so you are demonstrably not correct

>>90993620
Everyone is important, anon.
>>
>>90992443
superman doesn't wear a mask you idiot
you're probably thinking of the flash
>>
>>90992443
Nah. They're one and the same, he's as much Superman as he's Clark Kent.
This mask meme needs to die.
>>
>>90994877
JUST SO EVERYONE UNDERSTANDS Quentin is telling a lie here. See Bill is the villain of the piece. In Bill's eyes Kiddo can't be normal, she's not like the rest. Not like the cowards. He see's himself as Superman. When Bill wakes up he's Bill. He's a warrior, a killer, and not a coward. He's wrong of course, Kiddo can become a person. A normal person who loves her child. Hell Bill can too, he cares for his daughter. So in the end all this shows isn't what Superman is but what Bill is.

He even has characteristics of Luthor. He thinks he owns others to the point that nobodies life matters but his. This shows up constantly in the more heinous of Luthor schemes where he kills his employees.

So don't be mad at Quentin, at least for this. Instead be pretty impressed that he understood Superman well enough to tell a complete lie.
>>
>>90992443
I always thought bumbling reporter Clark Kent was the mask, and Superman was just smallville Clark.
>>
>>90992443
no, "clumsy nerd reporter clark kent" is a mask for "superman" is a mask for "downhome famrboy clark kent" who will later learn he is also "kal el last son of krypton"
>>
>>90992443

Look at this inceptionist over here!!!!
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.