[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best non-Renaissance Disney movie?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

What's the best non-Renaissance Disney movie?
>>
I'd say Jungle Book.
>>
Fantasia.
>>
>>90979212

The best of the first five movies is Fantasia (it's also the best film overall).
The best of the package films is The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad.
The best of the films from Cinderella to the The Jungle Book (the last one Walt actually worked on) is Alice in Wonderland.
The best of the first dark age films is The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh.
The best Renaissance film is Mulan.
The best film of the second dark age is Lilo & Stitch.
The best film of the neo-Renaissance is Frozen.

fight me
>>
>>90979525

What are the worst movies of each era?
>>
>>90979212
Lilo & Stitch, of course.
>>
File: golden age.png (753KB, 1086x319px) Image search: [Google]
golden age.png
753KB, 1086x319px
I really love the whole golden age and have trouble choosing a favorite between them, barring Dumbo. Nothing personal against Dumbo, it's just not on par with the other 4.
>>
>>90979572

Well, there are no bad films out of the first five, they're all masterpieces. I guess I'd say Snow White is less enjoyable than the others, but even then I love Snow White.

The worst package film is Saludos Amigos.
Again, there's not really a bad film from this time, but The Sword in the Stone is probably the weakest from 1950-1967.
The worst film of the first dark age is Oliver & Company (I actually liked The Black Cauldron).
The worst film of the Renaissance is Tarzan.
The worst film of the second dark age is Home on the Range (also the absolute worst film they ever made).
The worst film of the neo-Renaissance is Big Hero 6, but I still liked it.
>>
File: disney canon twentysixteen.jpg (751KB, 1000x900px) Image search: [Google]
disney canon twentysixteen.jpg
751KB, 1000x900px
>>90979572
Worst Golden Age (first five) is Dumbo
Worst package era is Saludos los Amigos
Worst Silver Age is The Sword in the Stone
Worst (first) Dark Age is The Black Cauldron
Worst Renaissance is Pocahontas
Worst Experimental Era (second dark age) is Chicken Little
Worst New Renaissance (so far) is Big Hero Six
>>
>>90979688
>implying Home on the Range is better than Chicken Little

This is incorrect. Home on the Range might suck in general and from a historical standpoint, but at least it's mildly tolerable and has a decent villain song. Chicken Little is just pure unapologetic garbage.
>>
>>90979791
>better than

Shit I meant to type "worse." My mistake.
>>
>>90979735
>Pocahontas worse than Dinosaur
>>
What are your bottom 10 Disney movies?
>>
>>90979861
They're not in rows according to era. Dinosaur is Experimental era. It's worse than Pocahontas, but still better than Chicken Little.
>>
>>90979212
>Bests
Fantasia
The Three Caballeros
Sleeping Beauty
The Great Mouse Detective
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
Lilo & Stitch
Wreck-It Ralph

>Worsts
Dumbo
Fun and Fancy Free
The Sword in the Stone
Tarzan
Chicken Little
Big Hero 6
>>
>>90979525
Best of the first five is Pinocchio
Best package film is The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
Best of the films from Cinderella to Jungle book is Sleeping Beauty
Best of the first dark age films is Oliver and Company
Best renaissance film is The Little Mermaid
Best film of the second dark age is Lilo and Stitch (although Treasure Planet is great and might have been the best if it weren't for B.E.N.)
Best film of the neo-Renaissance is Tangled
>>
>>90979525
>Best of the first five is Fantasia
>Best package film is The Adventures of Ichabod & Mr. Toad
>Best of the films from Cinderella to Jungle book is Sleeping Beauty
>Best of the first dark age films is The Great Mouse Detective
>Best renaissance film is Hercules
>Best film of the second dark age is Lilo and Stitch
>Best film of the neo-Renaissance is Zootopia
>>
>>90979239
Jungle Book is one of the worst. What the fuck is wrong with you? Even Aristocats is better than that shit.
>>
>>90979212
>>90979643

IMO All of Walt's pre-WWII films were the best he's done (in terms of art, animation, invention, etc)

Fantasia was best of those films. Ave Maria still moves me no matter how many times I
ve seen it
>>
>>90980036
He's willing to settle for the bear necessities.
>>
>>90979908
Sword in the Stone isn't a great film, but it's hardly one of the worst.
>>
By the way, this video about what makes the originals Disney films so greats is really good.
Of course I don't agrees with everything but I really recommend it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htwFCb4ndVw
>>
File: fantasia-aveamria.webm (3MB, 616x448px) Image search: [Google]
fantasia-aveamria.webm
3MB, 616x448px
>>90980049
>>
>>90980175
Most stuff in its era is pretty good so it's hard to pick a worst. Which movie from the silver age do you propose is worse than it?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.