[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do people want her as Captain Marvel? I mean say what you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 6

File: NotCap.jpg (101KB, 430x515px) Image search: [Google]
NotCap.jpg
101KB, 430x515px
Why do people want her as Captain Marvel?
I mean say what you will about Carol but her being Captain Marvel makes sense, she actually knew Mar-Vell, and she has ties with the Kree.
Monica has no connection whatsoever with the Kree or Mar-Vell.
>>
because she's been in better comics than Carol
>>
>>90971295
It's definitely not because of her skin color.
>>
>>90971295
Because she's not a fascist
>>
Because she was actually Captain Marvel at one point and is a superior character to Carol.
>>
>>90971461
>>Superior
Please she was mildly entertaining in a few D list team books.
>>
>>90971295
contrarianism. lets them present themselves as anti-tumblr and also possessing the moral highground so they can post more >really makes you think threads

none of them actually give a shit as shown by the lack of OC created/requested/commissioned
>>
>>90971295
>Not OP but useful power set(as a shield agent spy)
>Characterization still not yet tainted(Rogued and raped)
>POC/Woman so the MCU doesn't have to try so hard and racebend

So Much win in one character
>>
>>90971501
>Main Avengers
>D list
ok
>>
Let's be honest here had she gotten this push instead of Carol people would be just complaining about her and talking about how Carol should've been Cap.
>>
>>90971295
Because she was good in Nextwave, which is one more good thing than Carol was in.
>>
>>90971633
...I mean you aren't wrong.

Back in the day, /co/ was actually looking forward to reading Carol when she became Captain. Then we fell off after the first arc dragged on for too long and quickly became bored.
>>
>>90971659
Marvel Diva's Monica > Nextwave Monica
>>
>>90971539
>Not OP
Are you fucking kidding? Monica is insanely OP. She can blow up planets and go toe-to-toe with omnipotent reality warpers.
>>
Because Nextwave.
It's a pretty good reason, let's be honest.
>>
I want Monica.in as spectrum not cap marvel
>>
>>90972404
But she's not a cunt about like Carol is so that is a plus in my book. And Carol is OP too since she can go Binary still and rekt planets herself. This is the one time I'd fully prefer they Blacked a character instead of giving us the white version really.
>>
>>90971501
>Leader of the Avengers
>First Secret Wars
Yeah, D list team books
>>
>>90973819
Spectrum is a really cool superhero name. One of my favorites.
>>
>>90971295
She's a great character, and she wasn't a cunt who enjoyed killing villains slowly
Also, apparently the movie won't have anything to do with Mar-Vell anyway, the only reason they're using Carol is because they need a Wonder Woman and they're pusing her HARD (Because she's a white woman and Marvel is fake diverse, they would be pushing Monica if they really wanted those POC points)
>>
>>90973819
You'll probably get Monica as her new superhero name: SASSY BLACK SIDEKICK in the MCU
>>
>>90973819
this... the only thing I have to complain about her is that she is so fucking underrated
>>
>>90972252
Marvel Divas was incredible mediocre.

Never read Heralds, though.
>>
>>90973863
She can only go Binary with outside help though.
>>
>>90974001
Will Genis-Vell show up to snipe the name?
>>
Why do you keep making the same thread for a character only maybe a dozen people like? She was good in one comic run and isn't worthy of the title Captain. Just leave her as Photon and bring her up anytime Kingpin needs to make fun of a c-lister
>>
>>90974969
We need all of Marv's stupid gay kids in the MCU.
>>
>>90976343
So do Kree reproduce through cloning or something?
Seems like they would die out after a generation.
>>
Nextwave.
>>
>>90976343
>Marv comes back.
>Finds out all of his kinds are homosexuals and/or fuckups.
>And Carol has dragged his name through the mud.
>Immediately gets cancer again
>>
>>90971295

Part contrarianism, part the fact that when Marvel tries to push a character they unintentionally warp aspects of their personality.

Like how when Carol started Civil War 2, she was fine, but by the end of it she ended up using a planetary defense system to minority report street mooks (which is pretty fucking Orwellian for a marvel comic, even if the quality of the writing wasn't), made Tony fucking Stark the reasonable one in a Civil War comic, executed heroes left right and center for being cheeky at her or for protesting said overuse of antiapocalypse device, AND she feels no fucking guilt whatsoever for any of these actions, saying as much at the end.

Then in a different bit of the overall story, she's protesting hostile actions towards alien refugees, and lack of compassion towards fellow victims of a mutual enemy.

If Marvel had chosen Monica for this role, I guarantee she'd be torturing Spiderman for shits and giggles for 20 percent of the story, and preaching letting go of your hatred and anger for the rest of it. There's no fucking consistency.
>>
>>90980421
but carol was legally right, and her position was the correct course of action in cw2
>>
Black bitch or blonde bitch? I choose the original Captain Marvel, Mar-Vell.
>>
>>90971295
>I mean say what you will about Carol but her being Captain Marvel makes sense, she actually knew Mar-Vell, and she has ties with the Kree.
So if someone knew Captain Smith, it would make more sense that they used Captain Smith's name?

Ok, but seriously now, she used the name first, led the Avengers and wasn't that bad at it, and most important was leader of Nextwave. Carol's best moment was when she was a part of Rogue's power set.

I wouldn't want her to be Captain Marvel, though. There was one in Marvel, and he's dead... for now.
>>
>>90971295
You know she was in the Avengers...
>>
>>90981237
>>So if someone knew Captain Smith, it would make more sense that they used Captain Smith's name?

That's a real dumb analogy.
>>
>>90980421
Will she somehow get contained in a cell with a glass window?
>>
>>90981237
>>She used name first
No Mar-Vell used the name first, she only had it simply so marvel could keep the trademark, it makes more since for the character who worked with original Captain Marvel to use the name not the character who has absolutely no ties to him.

Hell if DC got a new Batman would you rather Tim Drake, Jason Todd or Dick Grayson E.I people who actually knew him take the mantle or someone who has never meet Bruce Wayne and has absolutely no connection to him?
>>
>>90982133
If this is a Marvel, then the character would just operate and meet the older one later, with them fighting at first.
>>
>>90982462

>the character would just operate and meet the older one later, with them fighting at first.

Has that happened with any of them? Cap gave the shield to Bucky and Sam. Tony gave Riri Iron Man shit. Odinson just wanted to know WHO the new girl is. Cho and Banner are friends. Clint and Kate are. It was a big deal when Kamala met Carol. Peter and Miles are friends.
>>
>>90982512
Power Man and Power Man, Spider-Woman and Spider-Woman, most Spider-Man because "You're the clone around here" USAgent started as a bad guy who fought against Captain America.
>>
Because they are SJW cunts that have fully been brainwashed.
>>
File: tumblr_n9605uRaVB1sp1wslo1_1280.jpg (99KB, 730x732px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9605uRaVB1sp1wslo1_1280.jpg
99KB, 730x732px
>>90976343
>>90979889
He's bisexual at worst. He's only shown interest in women, aside from the one woman who can turn into a guy.
>>
>>90973927
reminds me of rectum

Pulsar seems better
>>
>>90983074
What about "Black Marvel"?
>>
>>90982984
Still a fuckup, though.
>>
>>90982133
Why the fuck would I want Jason as Batman? I'd rather it go to some schmuck than have them trying to justify him wanting the role.
>>
>>90982984
>Moondragon was a rapist who forced Thor to be her lover
>Wiccan may have subconsciously wished Teddy into existence and/or forced him to love him without realizing it

I think the Vell kids have a type
>>
>>90983869
Moondragon isn't his kid, though. Otherwise
>Phyla is into bestiality
would need to mention incest as well
>>
>>90983976
I think the person meant that they are attracted to relationships they are powerless in.
>>
File: cosmic love.jpg (81KB, 872x281px) Image search: [Google]
cosmic love.jpg
81KB, 872x281px
>>90983869
Moondragon is just thirsty for Cosmic power. Always.
>>
>>90984035
That was such a fun subplot and Moondragon was really in it, just full on intensity all the time. Also when fucking Ghost Rider shows up. That dinner party arc is one of my favourite fucking things in comics ever.
>>
>>90984035
Does being bald make telepathy stronger?
>>
>>90984010
Abusive partners who may be mind controlling them
>>
>>90971295
>Why do people want her as Captain Marvel?
Because if we're gonna force the WW issue for diversity points we might as well go all in.

As a bonus she's not the writing equivalent of a trainwreck.
>>
>>90971295
better character and not a lesbian
>>
File: Batman_Beyond_soundtrack[1].png (354KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Batman_Beyond_soundtrack[1].png
354KB, 500x500px
>>90982133
>>
>>90982133
When I said "she used it first", I meant in relation to Carol.
And I would rather no one else become a "new Batman", except for maybe a short arc. There's only one Goddamn Batman and his name is... well actually I think no one figured out who he is, but anyway, you get the point.

>>90982512
I think he was talking about the classic Marvel way, not NuMarvel shit.

>>90982629
Rick Jones Hulk vs Gray Hulk.

>>90984123
Maybe it's the other way around and Jean wears a red wig.
>>
File: 1344084272523.jpg (25KB, 500x625px) Image search: [Google]
1344084272523.jpg
25KB, 500x625px
>>90982133
>someone who has never meet Bruce Wayne and has absolutely no connection to him?
>>
>>90985080
>literally Bruce Wayne's son
>no connection to him
>>
>>90971501
>Please she was mildly entertaining
That's all it takes to be superior to Carol.
>>
Kill of Carol
Bring back Iron Man
Make this women Captain Marvel

I see nothing wrong here
>>
>>90971295
>she actually knew Mar-Vell, and she has ties with the Kree.

By that logical Phyla makes more sense as Captain Marvel because she is actually Mar-Vell's daughter.

>>90971345
It's not, Tumblr defends Carol over Monica as Captain Marvel.
>>
>>90984035
Heather's relationship with men was her always wanting that Cosmic power so you're right.

Only significant relationships that she had were Marlo and Phyla, both women.
>>
>>90985943
>It's not, Tumblr defends Carol over Monica as Captain Marvel.
In fact KSD got pretty butthurt about the insinuation that preference was being given to the white woman.

Then she recommended the comic she wrote were Carol literally absorbs Monica and uses her like a power up so that Carol get get all the credit for a victory.
>>
>>90985126
That was a retcon that happened years after the series ended.
>>
>>90986382

>Then she recommended the comic she wrote were Carol literally absorbs Monica and uses her like a power up so that Carol get get all the credit for a victory.

that's not what happens at all though? It's a skewed /co/ version because they hate Carol so much.
>>
>>90987341
>Monica and Carol can't hurt the monster
>Carol absorbs Monica in her energy form and destroys the monster (even though it should literally be the exact same amount of energy output Monica was already blasting?)
>Carol's reporter friend takes a picture of Carol having saved the day
>>
>>90987467
>Not knowing that 1+1=10
TEAMWORK
>>
>>90987528
>TEAMWORK
Where the blond woman gets all of the publicity and glory!
>>
>>90987602
She worked hard with a publicist for years to become well-liked while Monica was palling around with some goofballs. Should have put more effort into her social media presence.
>>
>>90987528
This is a good joke. You should go eat a cookie.
>>
>>90971295

she was and is a better captain marvel

plus the times she's appeared in comics have been far better then Carol
>>
File: Monica_Rambeau_(Earth-721).jpg (30KB, 382x505px) Image search: [Google]
Monica_Rambeau_(Earth-721).jpg
30KB, 382x505px
>>90971295

>Is not Carol
>Served as leader of the avengers
>Cooler powers
>Not Carol
>NEXTWAVE
>Is Not Carol
>Actually would fill the diversity quotta without coming off as token or pandering
>Is not Carol
>>
>>90988561

fucking Phylla Vell was a better Captain Marvel and we all know how that worked out
>>
>>90988595
>Turns into light
>While Carol Danvers can take in and shoot out all forms of energy as she pleases, make black holes, travel at FTL speeds unaided, and fly a fighter plane.
>>
>>90988595
This.
>>
>>90988772
Carol can't go FTL or make black holes without going Binary

Monica can change into all forms of radiation along the EM spectrum, and actually move at the speed of light on a consistent basis.
She's an energy being without human limits and can go toe to toe with Deities, Elders of the Universe, and Beyonders
>>
>>90989577
Carol holds back so she doesn't just kill everything
>>
So, in all honesty...
Do you guys really want people like Bendis, KSD or Spencer write Monica into a sudden A-lister overnight?
I know you have a weird, unexplainable boner for Monica Rambeau, but do you want her to become Captain Marvel and end up getting turned into a super perfect bitch who can make no mistakes and is loved by everyone despite being a colossal fuckup like Carol?

You saw how Marvel turned a faulty, fascist and yet insecure moron like Carol into a cookiecutter feminist hero who can't be wrong even if she ends up getting Rhodey killed out of sheer stupidity.
>>
>>90989606
She doesn't hold back. She literally just put Tony in a coma because she's too out of control to hold back

It's the whole Kree warrior thing
>>
>>90989676
After he attacked first and was not fighting at anywhere close to her peak output.
>>
>>90971633
Probably. But that's because characters that get pushed often get ruined.
>>
>>90989719
Because she wasn't Binary.
She needs to absorb a massive amount of energy to get to her peak levels.

She has a short temper and just murders everything when she loses control. Just ask the Brood.
But at her regular levels she's nowhere close to Binary and will still murder everything she can
>>
>>90989786
There is energy in all atoms. She could draw upon everything, ripping them to near-absolute zero husks and charge up to beat the fuck out out off all that exists, but she doesn't. Because she is a good guy.
>>
>>90989843
lol sure Carolfag
>>
>>90984424
>>90985080
Except he was mentored personally by Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>90989843
She doesn't do it because she can't, her powers don't work that way.
>>
>>90971539

Plus she is kind of a salty cunt in a funny way, she always makes me laugh.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.