[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

THOR

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_5642.jpg (636KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5642.jpg
636KB, 1249x1920px
NEVER!

EVER!

They'll just replace Thor with Jane when this comes to pass.
>>
>>90968513
>NEVER!
>EVER!

What are you? A child?
>>
>>90968513
If it sells more books then what's the problem?
>>
>>90968545
No he just really likes the Marvel vs Capcom 3 soundtrack
>>
>>90968571

Isn't Unworthy selling more than Whor?
>>
>>90968747
not really, It is beating her by 4k but is only up to its 4th chapter while Whor is on her 16th. At that rate it will drop below her in a few months. Plus I bet this whole turning down the hammer thing will hurt sales.
>>
>>90968767
>At that rate it will drop below her in a few months.
I thought it was a mini that ended yesterday.
>>
>>90968767
>people don't want to buy a comic that aggressively shits on the popular character

wow.
>>
>>90968571
>>90968767
Isn't unworthy supposed to be a miniseries?
>>
>>90968783
>>90968793
Was it? I had assumed it was an ongoing.
>>
>>90968783
It was
>>
File: All-black.jpg (601KB, 845x1200px) Image search: [Google]
All-black.jpg
601KB, 845x1200px
>>90968513

Well, well, look who's black... black again....
>>
>>90969459
Negrosword? how the fuck did that get past the editor
>>
>>90968803
nope, mini, just ended
really shit ending
>>
>>90971605
Gor was right
>>
>>90968513
When he comes back they can just give Jane the other hammer and have her take back her own name and be something like

"JANE THE THUNDERER"

Culd Be Gud
>>
>>90972594
would she then be the only female superhero to use her own name?

people couldnt even complain

>waaaaaah why isnt she thor any more
>what you think she needs to hide behind the title of a man to be a hero?
>>
>>90972594

Jane as a superbeing is a shitty idea and it needs to go away.

It was completely insane to just create a new female Thor-substitute WHILE THEY HAD ANGELA HANDY.
>>
>>90972667
>you think she needs to hide behind the title of a man to be a hero?

Well, that's where we are now.
>>
I may be asking this a little late, but whose idea was Jane Fosthor anyway - and how do the women respond to it?
>>
>>90968513
Wait, is Whor still going?
>>
>>90972594
>>90972667
Yeah, I think most people assumed that the idea was to Thunderstike her. But a lot of Thunderstrike attempts have been weirdly aborted midstream over the years so who knows?

>>90973066
I realize this is a weak defense and I don't know that I totally mean i as such, but I do think Jane as Thoractually kinda makes sense if you look at it from the perspective of a metanarrative, particularly in the context of the intended end point of the character (the first time they gave her one, not necessarily the one in mind at her creation). The idea of someone who cracked under the pressure of godhood the first time she tried it out who has recognition (deserved or not) simply because she was there from the beginning being the one who is now worthy... It's an interesting inversion of the romance comics dynamics of early Thor comics (if not necessarily the intervening years). It's a valid premise for a deconstruction. Doesn't mean I necessarily like it (the comic didn't grab me so I haven't really read it), but I think I get what they're going for. It's clumsy, but there is a conceptual framework there in a broad sense even if the particulars are not entirely satisfying. Of course, what I'm basically saying that it works better for me with the idea of what Jane represents than who the character actually is and... well, I don't let Geoff Johns get away with that shit.

As for Angela, I agree that she has not been deployed the way I would have liked. To deliberately misconstrue what you said, I think she can do better than being a female Thor figure, but yeah, she does occupy similar conceptual space and that is certainly an obstacle she has to overcome.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.