[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

He's back? How do you feel about his return?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: nightwing-19-Javi-Fernandez.jpg (93KB, 495x752px) Image search: [Google]
nightwing-19-Javi-Fernandez.jpg
93KB, 495x752px
He's back?
How do you feel about his return?
>>
You know, I didn't think it would be him after they namedropped him in the last issue. Silly me.
>>
Pretty hyped, I love Morrison's run and Doctor Hurt is imo the creepiest Bat villian by far
>>
Why is he showing up in Nightwing? I know he shot him, but he was never really an antagonist for Dick.
>>
>>90960793
Because no one over on the bat books seems to want to use him and aside from Bruce Hurt is tied most to Dick
>>
>>90960793
he's being a caring "grandpa"
>>
File: 1486967344064.png (525KB, 592x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486967344064.png
525KB, 592x900px
>>90960793
because it's a "let's get nostalgic for Morrison" episode
>>
I have high hopes for this, but I'll always worry about Morrison's antagonists being used by other writers because of the Xorn clusterfuck and what Wood did with Sublime.
>>
>>90960793
Seeley likes Morrison

Grayson was like 90% his ideas, most of which were from Morrison
>>
>>90960608
Oh shiiiiiiiit I'm hyped. He's one of my favourite batman villains.
>>
>>90960793
Because Seeley is one of that rare breed of writer that actually utilizes Morrison concepts and characters.
>>
>>90961122
I get the feeling most other writers are just afraid of fucking it up when using Morrison characters or concepts. I mean Morrison sets a high bar.
>>
>>90960608
That is a really good cover
>>
>>90960885
I like those episodes
>>
>>90961250
Agreed but that is pretty dumb excuse to ignore something
>>
>>90960608
He was so wasted in convergence, I trust Seeley can return him to his former glory as one of the most effective and powerful batvillains.
>>
>>90961250
I think it's either that, an unwillingness to continue to shake up the status quo, or a genuine "not getting it".

I'unno if it's for the best or not in those cases. We do have some writers that use Morrison stuff, but poorly, such as Aaron and his big boner for Quentin Quire, using Oubliette in Original Sin, etc.,
>>
>>90961334
>He was so wasted in convergence
that was the one good thing though. batdad blowing up all those shitty morrison meme villains
>>
>>90960608
Every batboy should fight super Satan sometime.

I really hope we get a Dr. Hurt vs Lex Luther now that he's in the wide world of DCU.
>>
>>90961250
That might be part of it but creators are such egomaniacs that it can't be main reason.
>>
>>90961096
Morrison, WildStorm shit, Lewdness, fun was Seeley
Raw sex, New husbando, Super strucutred scripts was King

Great combo
>>
File: 1489613345509.jpg (121KB, 680x638px) Image search: [Google]
1489613345509.jpg
121KB, 680x638px
>>90961381
Sad!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.