[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

‘The Pro’ Hooks Movie Deal At Paramount

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: pg01.jpg (1MB, 1280x1969px) Image search: [Google]
pg01.jpg
1MB, 1280x1969px
A lot going on at Paramount Pictures, but they are still making deals. The studio has picked up rights to The Pro, a graphic novel by Garth Ennis, Amanda Conner and Jimmy Palmiotti. Erwin Stoff of 3 Arts is producing and Zoe McCarthy has been hired to write the screenplay. She is best known for her script Bitches On A Boat.

The graphic novel writers and illustrators all have stuff going on in Hollywood. Palmiotti’s graphic novel Painkiller Jane has just attached Jessica Chastain, and he is currently writing the comic Harley Quinn along with Conner for DC Comics. Ennis is producing the AMC series Preacher, based on the graphic novel series he created with Steve Dillon.

First published in 2002, The Pro is in its eighth printing with Image Comics and Paperfilms. The logline: A prostitute who wakes up one day with superhero powers and is asked to join the League of Honor to help curb her anti-heroic behavior. The film puts a humorous twist on the superhero genre.

Ennis is repped by Ken Levin; Palmiotti and Conner are repped by Lenny Beckerman of Lotus Entertainment. McCarthy is repped by 3 Arts and attorneys Lev Ginsburg and Grace Kallis.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/graphic-novel-the-pro-hooks-movie-deal-at-paramount-1202049040/
>>
How much are they going to adapt?
>>
I feel like we haven't had enough cape films to go deconstruction and parody.
>>
>>90959307
i thought the animated pilot was pretty ok. is the movie gona be animated or live action?
>>
I don't really see an R-rated superhero film not about Deadpool or Wolverine working out...
>>
>>90959564
R rated comedies do fine assuming the cast is decent, I doubt the budget will even be that huge for it.
>>
>ennis will get his comics IP on the big screen before morrison

kek
>>
>>90959307
I can see the studios renaming it Superhoe
>>
Is it weird that I don't give a shit?
It's not like The Pro was amazingly bad or good, it was just kinda okay and mostly forgettable.
>>
>>90959307
Personally I think this was one of Garth Ennis's weaker works. Still I could see why a studio would go for this rather than his other comics where his self insert rants about superheroes.
>>
>>90963438
The Ho is one of The Pro's nemesis.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.