[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, anon. How do we get this show to come back?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: Specspidey05_large.jpg (185KB, 535x1023px) Image search: [Google]
Specspidey05_large.jpg
185KB, 535x1023px
Okay, anon. How do we get this show to come back?
>>
Disney unbuys marvel
This and earths mighties heroes
>>
>>90958551
Friendly reminder that this was originally intended to be in canon with EMH, but Marvel replaced Keaton's lines with Drake Bells.
>>
>>90958618
I can't believe I forgot this and now I'm triggered again.
>>
>>90958843
I will never not be upset about it.
>>
>>90958490
So was this version of Spider-Man actually any good?

I watched everything from the 90s onward and missed Spectacular Spider-Man.

I didn't think the modern show was that bad but according to everyone this was the best animated series.
>>
2008-2012 where the bests years for super heroes cartoons.
>>
>>90959112
It's great, I was hoping we'd get to see Peter grow and graduate high school, but Marvel only gave it two seasons before pulling the plug because they wanted to do Ultimate.
>>
File: 1455217857742.jpg (25KB, 526x399px) Image search: [Google]
1455217857742.jpg
25KB, 526x399px
>>90958618
>>
>>90959305
>Marvel only gave it two seasons before pulling the plug because they wanted to do Ultimate.

Is that why everyone hates Ultimate?
I'm going have to watch Spectacular Spider-Man eventually.
>>
>>90959325
They even had the voice actors for Jonah Jameson and Betty Brant migrate over to EMH, but Marvel replaced them as well. Honestly, Marvel could have had an equivalent to DC's TAS if they just stuck with it. But noooooo, gotta shill for toys.
>>
>>90959471
>Is that why everyone hates Ultimate?

It helped us hate it, but it wasn't the only problem by far.

Ultimate was never able to take anything seriously, because it always felt the need to shove in random 4th wall breaking moments, to explain what shouldn't have been explained in the first place. This resulted in a lot of emotion being drained from the show, take this scene for example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab4Z7QJyi4w

Let's not forget that the show was basically designed to shill toys. Iron Spider shows up in the second episode, I shit you not.
>>
>>90958490
This was by far my favorite show of all time and hated that Gwen ended up with Harry.

This, until Star Vs came along.
>>
File: kingping-romita-189138.jpg (32KB, 655x412px) Image search: [Google]
kingping-romita-189138.jpg
32KB, 655x412px
We're off topic, gentlemen. We need to find a way to get the point across to Sony and Marvel that if they were to revive this show, there would be a shit ton of people willing to watch.
>>
>>90958618
canon is exaggeration, but yeah the replacement was a huge kick in the balls
ditto getting judy jetson's actress back then dubbing over her with Tiffany (and i love Tiffany)
>>90959112
it's not only the best-written, most intelligent spider-man series, possibly superhero series of all time, but it's such a love-letter to the romita era without falling on its face being goofy and lame like brave and the bold. His troubles feel REAL. this guy has actual problems in his life, and every episode you will feel what it's like trying to survive being peter parker. When he gets emotional, wants to quit, gets into romantic entanglements... you goddamn believe every second of it.
>>90959305
that's not exactly true, it's more like the deal with sony ended
it's for the best in a way because sony also mistreated the show. sony's infamous for suing other aspects of sony, and this was no different.. they werent allowed to do what they planned with the show (re-edit groups of episodes into movies with new footage added) because the rights to the concept of doing-a-movie were tied up with.. the movies.
>>
>>90959729
it's not gonna happen, it's a legal nightmare
best case scenario we convince disney to hire weisman again but this time DONT fuck him over. then he quietly arranges for all the same actors and writers to get on the show and they just make it a soft continuation
>>
File: Capture.png (54KB, 820x522px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
54KB, 820x522px
>>90960827
>sony's infamous for suing other aspects of sony
>>
>>90960877
>best case scenario we convince disney to hire weisman again but this time DONT fuck him over. then he quietly arranges for all the same actors and writers to get on the show and they just make it a soft continuation

I'm okay with this outcome.
>>
The show was too good for this world. Poor scheduling and the hiatus killed it. By the time they brought it to Disney XD, it was too late. Everyone had seen the end of season 2 online, and it didn't get the views it needed. Plus, the whole merger deal was a huge factor. But seriously, watch it. You may be put off by the animation at first, but it works. It's simple, but allows for spectacular fight scenes. Also, I'm pretty sure this was the best Green Goblin we're ever gonna get. Also, the 3 way battle in the Opera house was fucking amazing.
>>
>>90960877
Pretty much the only real answer.

Or Marvel lets Greg finish the show as a comic.
>>
>>90958618
>>90958843
>>90959325
>>90959492
No, it wasn't. They just wanted the voice actors back as a nod to SSM. That's it. Of course, Loeb, in a misplaced sense of synergy, had Keaton and Norris dubbed over with Drake Bell and JK Simmons. They didn't have Betty in USM, so they left her alone.
>>
File: 1458460579365.png (175KB, 484x684px) Image search: [Google]
1458460579365.png
175KB, 484x684px
>>90958618
>>
>>90961964
They can't. Sony still has the rights to the show itself. Marvel would have to make a deal with Sony, and I'm sure they're not interested in doing that. Also, Greg is in YJ anyway.

>>90962396
See >>90962347
>>
>>90958490
The second MAU would have been kino.
>Spectacular Spiderman
>Wolverine and the X-Men
>Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes

Disney was a mistake.
>>
>>90963333
See >>90962347

I don't even think Yost and Fine considered WatX to tie-in to EMH after the latter was cancelled, since Nick Fury and Wendigo were different from what each show did.
>>
>>90963591
So many people would have associated the three in the same universe that they would probably just accepted it.

Regardless, they should totally continue Spectacular. Even if it's in the way >>90960877 said.
>>
>>90963673
>So many people would have associated the three in the same universe that they would probably just accepted it.

That's not how producers work. Besides, Weisman already had specific ideas for the rest of the Marvel Universe in SSM.

For instance, the Fantastic Four are the only other heroes around alongside Spidey, but are still obscure. Tony Stark hasn't had his fateful trip yet. Hank Pym has just discovered what would be known as Pym Particles. Captain America is still frozen, but Uncle Ben was a fan of his as a boy. The only planned crossovers would be with Johnny Storm, the X-Men, and Hulk.

Most of it isn't in play because Sony didn't have the rights to the Marvel Universe, but still very different from what EMH established.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.