[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Genndy said in an interview that he considered not including

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 242
Thread images: 36

File: 4021706-4097278905-Aku_I.png (392KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4021706-4097278905-Aku_I.png
392KB, 1024x768px
Genndy said in an interview that he considered not including Aku in season 5 or change his voice and/or design entirely because he felt no one could ever replace Mako, but instead chose to use Baldwin as a replacement, still arguing Mako could never be replaced.
Now, imagine that Genndy had gone through with his idea of either scratching Aku from the new season or changing his voice and design. How would this have been explained in-universe?
>>
>>90957346
>Genndy scrapping the main villain from the fucking show

I don't believe you.
>>
>>90957346
>After 50 years Aku got sick of Jack's shit and went in a journey to find himself
>Aku went through a wardrobe change after seeing Jack grow a beard
>>
>>90957346
To be fair, he got the best replacement he could
>>
>>90957346
Do you mean some anon typed it out and you believed it?
>>
>>90957379
http://www.theverge.com/2017/3/10/14881920/samurai-jack-season-five-genndy-tartakovsky-cartoon-network-adult-swim

>For a while, I thought we should reimagine Aku with a different voice, perhaps even use a different character.

He was just considering it for a little bit before concluding what a terrible idea it was.
>>
>>90957419
this

i wish he'd use more of a faint japanese accent rather than eastern european but his voice fits the character
>>
>>90957419

False. This random anon did a way better job, and if a random anon can do this good of a job then he could've found a better voice actor to do the actual part for S5:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0mywAY55PjS
>>
>>90957431
See
>>90957435
>>
File: 1490179418007.gif (303KB, 765x551px) Image search: [Google]
1490179418007.gif
303KB, 765x551px
>>90957346

Nothing would replace Mako, but it's better having someone who tries to recreate the magic of what made the show good than scrapping it off for top tier edgy shit
>>
>>90957545
That's even worse than Baldwin, though.
>>
>>90957602

It's significantly better than Baldwin if you take those penises out of your ears.
>>
>>90957545
>This random anon did a way better job
He didn't. He really, really didn't.

Why do I feel like people say this shit just because it's a fellow anon who can do a little bit of a voice, and that's all why they need to declare him the best ever?
>>
I think the best solution would be keep Baldwin as Aku but come up with some reason for Aku sounding different. Like have a flashback of Jack fighting him and he punches Aku in the throat and that's their explanation for the voice difference.

As is I'm still pretty fine with it though.
>>
File: Giygas.jpg (609KB, 4050x3550px) Image search: [Google]
Giygas.jpg
609KB, 4050x3550px
I think a good idea would be to give Aku the Gygas treatment

you know, Aku becoming so powerful that he starts losing his own councioussnes
>>
>>90957643

It's so much better than Baldwin it's not even close. I probably wouldn't have been so disappointed in Baldwin's work in the second episode if I hadn't heard that anon in that thread beforehand and realized how much closer to a Mako voice we could've had.
>>
>>90957672
I still want to see Aku go full primal force on Jack after learning he lost his sword.
>>
>>90957346
We should could Baldwin some slack.
No one can replace Mako, he's trying but he's obviously not Mako and there is no one out there, who could do it better.
>>
Why do people fucking hate the new voice actor?
He's good enough and the character is still as great in terms of personality.
It's very hard to replicate Mako's voice and at least they provided something good.
Be glad season 5 is actually great and not a shitty-reboot/downgrade.
>>
>>90957688
>It's so much worse than Baldwin it's not even close.
ftfy

Baldwin actually has deepness to his voice, unlike that guy. He sounds more like Jack's father than Aku.
>>
>>90957346
shouldn't have
>>
File: Time to DIE SAMURAAAAI.png (71KB, 1319x231px) Image search: [Google]
Time to DIE SAMURAAAAI.png
71KB, 1319x231px
>>90957718
>>
>>90957379
At that point it would be a reboot, not a sequel series.
>>
>>90957631

Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>90957857
Yeah, I saw that. Still gives me a raging erection.
>>
>>90957346
Baldwin is good. I don't think comparing him to Mako is fair, and we should judge him on his own merits.
>>
>>90957346
>aku still destroyed the time portals.
>jack is still the way he is portrayed.
>the scene with the sisters worshiping the carved statue of aku would make more sense since they are trying to use magic to resurrect aku by using jacks death to resurrect him magically.
>the guy on the horse is still aku but he's in the underworld instead of using mind fuckery to break jack.
>>
>>90957545
Anon would still have to work with voice directors and be subject to what the voice director and shit like that wants. The end result probably wouldn't resemble the vocaroo.
>>
>>90957800
OP here, I personally like Baldwin. I think people here give him too much crap because he doesn't sound like he used to.
Well, no fucking shit. Did Aku sound depressed at any point in the series beforehand? He was at worst grumpy that he couldn't kill Jack. Baldwin has to voice a new emotional state for Aku for which he has no reference, and neither do the fans so they think it's completely the fault of the voice actor that the character sounds off, despite the fact that the character is supposed to feel "off" in the only scene he's been in.
>>
>>90957878

No man, he said you got dicks in your ears bro. It muffles things.....
>>
>>90957858
They could have just explained his redesign by evolving him into a different entity or something. He's been siphoning energy from not only earth but planets all over the galaxy. He's like level 51 now so he can turn into Super Aku or something. With a difference appearance and voice.
>>
>>90957780
This, even Big Dick Genndy said it upfront years earlier that no one could replace Mako.
>>
>>90957379
Eh it could have worked but the ending would lack closure and I'd imagine that the entire season would be about Jack recovering his will to continue his mission and resuming his never ending journey. No Aku, but rather his minions and other characters.
>>
>>90957346
I had an idea that Aku started just having weird incarnations/avatars like some Asian gods do. Like "This isn't Aku but it's also Aku." It could be a cool way to work in different designs and shit but it would probably confuse the issue.
>>
>>90957346

BALLS DEEP
>>
>>90958276
That sounds like something Aku would do if he ever got bored.
>>
>>90957346
This was probably the inception of the Daughters of Aku. A group of insane cultists worshiping a long gone evil makes more sense when the evil isn't alive and well and taking therapy lessons with himself.
>>
>>90958402
Agreed, this is probably where the idea spawned from. Aku is no longer actively chasing Jack but his followers are just acting on his old orders or what they think he wants. Hell imagine if Aku had somehow regressed to his mindless forest self in those 50 years and that reveal was made in the climax had they not gone with the current route.
>>
>>90957545
Laugh and accent are cool. Rest sucks.
>>
File: 1489894805645.jpg (23KB, 721x489px) Image search: [Google]
1489894805645.jpg
23KB, 721x489px
>>90957545
>see-oh
...I guess Aku *would* pronounce it that way...
>>
>>90958402
>>90958501
The whole joke is that they're treating Aku like this almighty deity and trying to get him to show himself to them again even though he's insane and his minions can just call him up.
>>
>>90958582
That's what it became (which honestly is just as good if not a better idea), but we were just throwing theories of how it would have been had they not gotten Aku a new VA.
>>
>>90957346
I honestly thought the big reveal was going to be Aku's been dead for a long time, but Jack is still stuck in the future.
>>
>>90957545
First, thats you, and second, you suck.
>>
>>90957857

Best thing is, it's realistic

Aku despite being funny, is still a major threat and WILL be serious if he has to,

We seen him do it before and he's not like other villains who give a fucking speech, Aku gets shit done
>>
>>90958582
Aku is a Deity
He is just weaker because he is only an inch of his former self before Odin Ra and Vashu ganged banged his dark boipussy
>>
>>90958684

It's not me. I'm abnormally monotone and my roommates at college made fun of me when I tried to do an impression of someone else because I'd end up just sounding exactly like myself still.
>>
>>90958276

Aku kind of does that being a shape shifter

And just recently where he's talking to himself
>>
>>90958852
Yes, exactly my point.
>>
>>90958402
>>90958582
>>90958846

>Aku decides to """Dissappear""

>Cultists think killing Jack themselves would bring Aku back

>He's still there, his plan was to "wait it out" after destroying the time portals but that's not working

This is funny honestly
>>
>>90958836
One thing I'd change is to have him laugh as he flies towards Jack, imagine a giant black cloud of Aku locusts all laughing in unison as they fly towards Jack, savoring the end of his 50 years of being harassed by the Samurai.
>>
>>90958923

You can't possibly think the guy who did that Aku impression sounded monotone.
>>
>>90958944
Don't forget
>He likely doesn't even remember ever visiting them because it was probably just another routine visit for him.
>>
How do the Daughters of Aku not know where he is? Its not like people dont visit him all of the time. In fact they could just go to one of the mega cities and ask someone
>>
>>90959221
They're retarded secluded cultists that aren't aware that Aku is a modern god and just think he'll magically appear one day before them if they please him instead of just doing the normal thing and scheduling a meeting with him while paying an appropriate tribute.
>>
>>90959221
It'd defeat the point of hiding if anyone could just find out where he is. Surely there's a vetting process and the weird cult is excluded.
>>
>>90959312
literal shit-people got an appointment with him

i think devoted assassins would be on the guest list
>>
>>90959477
They're just going overboard with their offering. Shit people made a shit statue of Aku while they're trying to offer the head of his greatest adversary. I'm sure that if they had just become devoted craftswomen that made great sculptures of his greatness he would be pleased enough.
>>
>>90957379
I thought it was gonna be that way, like he already broke Jack to a point where he wouldn't be bothered show up anymore.
>>
They could have just said he went into hibernation somewhere the Samurai couldn't get to him while waiting for Jack to get old and die, then comes back in a different form when he wakes up.
>>
>>90960223

Whose to say the beginning of episode 2 wasn't Aku waking up from a 50 year sleep
>>
File: aku2.jpg (54KB, 252x252px) Image search: [Google]
aku2.jpg
54KB, 252x252px
Regarding Baldwin, we've never actually heard him do many lines in the sort of tone Mako's Aku usually spoke in. No laughing and no bombastic gloating. You can hear a little bit of that in his lines from FusionFall, and he sounds better there. Maybe it'll turn out alright. Genndy apparently thought he was the best replacement of those he auditioned.

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/voice-compare/Samurai-Jack/Aku/
>>
>>90957857
Doesn't make much sense because Aku can teleport.

There is no need to spend an entire episode to go somewhere.
>>
>>90959477
The shut people were inhabitants of some planet that were trying to please and be subjugated to Aku. It was an embassy matter, this is why they needed an audience with Aku.

It's like the people from the niggas of thewater planet on the pilot,and the moths of the star wars episode.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (25KB, 259x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
25KB, 259x200px
>>90957545
I'm surprised these samples are still floating around.

>>90957688
That's a touch too kind. Baldwin's more of a professional than I am and I've not had any legit practice with Aku until roughly a few hours before I made that attempt. I don't have a static natural register since I've been consistently miming other voices I'm familiar with for roughly half my life. I excel at more eccentric vocalizations and iconic peaks. Trying to match Mako exactly would require time and dedication to a low tone in a really humid environment for me over an extended period of time.

>>90958684
Nope. Different anon entirely. I'd know because I have the trips to prove it. Also, I'm more into self-deprecation as opposed to autofellatio if you catch my drift.
>>
>>90961687
Mako's own family considered Baldwin's performance faithful to their fathers which is pretty high praise.
>>
>>90961779
Nigga, it's AKU.
The Master of Hams
The Shogun of Flamboyance
The Deliverer of Drawn-out Gags
>>
>>90957545

You better be shilling anon, if not, go to a doctor, you're going deaf
>>
>>90957346
>changing his voice and design
He should've given Aku a rong framing moustache to fit Jack's beard.
>>
File: t. not aku.gif (808KB, 381x362px) Image search: [Google]
t. not aku.gif
808KB, 381x362px
>>90962249
To be fair, that anon's using a clip I made that had a certain context in a different thread. Luckily, it's still archived.
>>90723508
>>
>>90957346
what if jack killed him but Aku also closed all the portals?

That way Jack would have actually saved the world but not his family.
>>
>>90959221
>aku cant find jack
>yet cultists can
>but cultists cant find aku despite everyone knowing where he is
>>
Would Brian Doyle-Murray (K'nuckles and Flying Dutchman) have made a good Aku?
>>
>>90958276
that actually makes a lot of sense to me
>>
>>90957857
It's basically the Minions of Set
>>
File: akuisonaroll.png (362KB, 850x431px) Image search: [Google]
akuisonaroll.png
362KB, 850x431px
>>90957857
>>90958836
We're definitely getting Aku fucking shit up at some point.
>>
>>90962653
Aku probably filed a restraining order against the matriarch.
>>
>>90962728
If Aku was a pirate god this season, sure.
>>
>>90958881
Yeah but take it to the next level where he's changing personas. Possibly even treating them as different aspects of himself
>>
>>90962728
depends how good his accent is
>>
File: sadku.png (175KB, 552x383px) Image search: [Google]
sadku.png
175KB, 552x383px
>implying this isnt the best Aku

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V7jPzXg7eg
>>
imagine this as the ending
>jack finds a reason to live again
>like one of the aku girls
>but then everyone he loves dies all in a row and he is devistated
>gets absorbed by aku so that the weapon of the gods is fused with pure evil
>goes straight up end of evangelion
>aku is defeated by jack realizing that he can still go on, even if those he cared about are gone
>he accepts he can never go back to the past but will do his part to make a better future
I see no reason why to depressed minds wouldn't share similar thoughts
>>
>>90957346
Something about Aku mutating slowly back into his original form, but I'm not sure how that would work since he's shown no indication since his original incarnation to when Jack finds him in the future.

Two more forms of bullshitting would be to suggest during Jack's wandering someone else tried to take Aku down and did a similar mystic poison arrow thing, mutating his personality further.
Alternatively they could say Aku has been absorbing other creatures over time to bulk himself for his fight with Jack or the gods and that changed him.

Personally I hate all of these ideas. I know, I know, I know we have no choice but the grandeur of Mako Aku not getting a proper conclusion will never sit with me no matter what alternative we go for.
>>
Binge watching S1-4 I can say that Aku's power to see Jack isn't consistent at all and Aku isn't even necessarily the greatest being on Earth. He calls himself Earth's master but there are still things that are above him.

If it makes you feel better we can pretend that in Jack's world you could say that there are areas that are more/less under his control. He displays the ability to see Jack in areas he has more control over.

Also keep in mind that Aku has been literally running from Jack this whole time. After 50 years he's probably gotten so paranoid and sick of Jack that he hopes he's fucking dead.
>>
>>90957545
Kill yourself
>>
Not having Aku at all would have felt too weird. I miss Mako, but I'm glad he's still in the show.
>>
Everyone seems to be having fun with this. Is it too late for me to start from season 1? Should I just watch the highligt episodes or marthon all 5 seasons?
>>
>>90966211
Watch the first season at least, that will give you a feel for the show. "Jack and the Traveling Creatures" may for important for the story later but who knows. "The Birth of Evil" episodes are some backstory but were kind meh. The other seasons/episodes can be watched basically randomly, watch or skip whatever you want. Season 5 seems to be a continuous story so far so watch that in order.
>>
>>90964869
i don't think there is anything above aku except the gods, and any weapons forged by the gods
>>
>>90966211
Go out of your way to watch the episode "Jack and the Haunted House". That episode is really, really good and my favorite.
>>
File: 1488537435620.gif (4MB, 490x476px) Image search: [Google]
1488537435620.gif
4MB, 490x476px
>>90966211
a) watch all the episodes you pussy
b) pick one of the various watch lists posted here on this very imageboard
c) just watch the premiere movie and the birth of evil, you might miss a few references
>>
>>90966332
>>90966361

episode in question https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY2QHNzvDn8
>>
>>90959221
If they do know where Aku is, I'm guessing they're afraid of being dismissed. We've all seen how Aku treats most of his visitants; he either kills them or just plain despises them. They want to make a good impression to their god, so not until they serve him Jack's head on a plate will they appear before him.
>>
>>90957671
That's what Genndy was originally planning.
>>
>>90959221
Aku's castle teleports, I'm not sure who but I imagine he has a secretary or advisers who determine who sees him and when.

Which is why I was concerned when they let literal shit people into his personal domain in season 5. They had nothing to offer him, not material or amusement. They built a statue of shit. Why would Aku need a statue of shit?

Maybe whoever handles things retired and the new person fucked up or it was a prank. It's a shame he's too depressed to check, because someone should be fired for that. As in literally set on fire.

Can you imagine you're at work, someone lets in a hobo who just up and offers you his shit?
>>
>>90967566
the shit people are really important, they handle all the shit
really helps when you have hundreds of megacities
>>
>>90957346
honestly the new guy, Baldwin, is fucking terrible imo.
>>
>>90967644
Now I'm just imagining their people happily swimming through hundreds of sewers soaking up feces, until they gather somewhere that smells fouler than every backed up public bathroom and portajohn combined.
>>
>>90957419

I bet Frank Welker could have pulled off a more accurate Aku.
>>
>>90957857
So more or less like that episode where Aku stole his sword?
>>
>>90957857
How does Aku not know that Jack lost his sword though? He used to monitor him 24/7.
Even if he stopped giving a shit, shouldn't one of his countless minions and agents inform him about that?
>>
>>90957346
Why not just say Aku's voice gradually changed? After all, it has been 50 years. He's been living for milennia, and maybe his old age is beginning to catch up with him.
>>
>>90958402
Jack considering suicide also makes more sense when Aku is no more and there's no way home.
>>
>>90970472
Most probably don't realize how important the sword is to Jack and Aku
>>
>>90970472
He presumably just kills anyone who figures out he lost the sword, like he did to Scatman Johnson. Remember that he took out the phone to call Aku and tell him, but Jack destroyed the phone before he could.
>>
>>90970693
I'm pretty sure Aku would want to keep the fact that Jack's sword is that can kill him a secret. With the general discontent with his regiment there'd be quite a few people who would try to get it and kill Aku with it.
>>
>>90957545
>>90957602

That's awful.
>>
>>90957780
I thought Baldwin did alright. No despute mako is irreplaceable. Baldwin did decent im sure he'll get better in later episodes.
>>
File: 1488208592210.png (321KB, 371x470px) Image search: [Google]
1488208592210.png
321KB, 371x470px
>>90957545
>>90961965
This guy sucks. Stop sucking his cock.
>>
>>90957545
Just because a person can do a voice doesn't mean they can still act.

People need to stop thinking VA is a walk in the park.
>>
>scrapping a character because their VA died
I'll never understand this at all. Why should a character be retired just because the actor can no longer do the role?
>>
>>90971446
Mako is no ordinary run of the mill voice actor.
>>
>>90971446
The issue is that Mako nailed a role that's hard to do in the first place. Mako owns that the fucking role. The guy they got is apparently the next best thing and he's not even close.
>>90970680
Eh, Jack has friends in this world and without Aku perpetuating his evil, peace has a chance. Jack would probably be content to help people rebuild.
>>
>>90957545
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
Could Keone Young have done a better job at doing Aku's voice?
>>
>>90971608
Is there any audio of him going over the top. Because he atleast sounds like an Asian stereotype but can he hold that when he's taking it to the next level?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HBZyOG-dKk
>>
>>90961687
Let's face it, Baldwin's the closest anyone will get to Mako suddenly bursting from his grave while laughing maniacally
>>90971712
>Is there any audio of him going over the top
Nigga he was ducking Uncle from jackie Chan adventures
>>
>>90971744
I did not know that. If he can do his Uncle inflection with his Old Master voice then eh can do it.
>>
>>90963875
That fucking zipper noise with the katana unsheathing got me
>>
They should have got James Hong. He may not sound like Mako, but he would have brought his own energy to the character which I think would have worked.

And for people who ask "how would they have explained the change in the series" remember, Aku is a shapeshifter. And he could change his voice if he wanted to. Maybe he just got bored and decide to change himself to spice things up?
>>
Samurai jack without aku would fucking suck.
On a related note.
Im trying to make a samurai jack unofficial ost until the real one comes out.Gonna try to make them as clean as i can but audacity can do so much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSPHRyXCXEE
>>
>>90957346
Good, we have a Jack thread up. Why is it that when Jack fought Aku in the ocean, he just dissipated? Is it because Aku can only be defeated under the proper conditions? What are those conditions?
>>
>>90957545
this is actually a great point of comparison

this anon nails the accent but his delivery is all fucked so it doesn't sound like aku

baldwin's voice isn't perfect but his delivery is spot on so it's very immediately recognizable as the same character despite not sounding as similar

it's literally the difference between an amateur soundalike and a pro
>>
>>90957545
thats more mojo jojo than aku.
>>
>>90972953
This
>>
>>90972948
Bump
>>
>>90971608
>>90971744
>>90971770

No Sab Shimono was Uncle.

also Keone Young voiced the Emperor when he's young and Sab was the Emperor when he's older.
>>
>>90971446
Cartoon characters are their voices.
>>
>>90971446
Why not? Japan does it all the time.
>>
>>90972953

>delivery

What is that supposed to mean in this context? How can you get accent right but delivery wrong?
>>
File: aku_wallpaper_by_jamesvaughnn.jpg (43KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
aku_wallpaper_by_jamesvaughnn.jpg
43KB, 800x500px
>>90957937
I know. It wouldn't be my first Rodeo.

>>90972953
I don't exactly have a script in front of me. Also, no real experience in practicing Aku. I'd need a few days to watch the series and practice.

>>90971437
This. Honestly, trying to nail the acting part of any pre-established character and maintain the range is only easy after you've gone through the hellish work of memorizing the particular range of the voice. It is NOT easy.

My attempt at Miming Mako is weak simply because these are pretty much my first attempts at reaching for a character who is vastly out of my normal range and specifically because I've not heard enough material and practiced any longer than 45 minutes to get that result.

>>90975468
Basically, I was lazy when "delivering" the lines to match the tone of Aku's dictation.

In all truth, the real problem is that I've only recently started/attempting to Mime Aku's voice. Before this, the locals where I came from always wanted me to imitate other voices of individuals they knew that were in my vocal range.

A common one they knew from television was Mojo Jojo, which annoyingly stuck around as a party trick that people constantly requested, but I've been trying to phase it out because it emerges often in my other impressions if I'm not too focused.

Another Anon called me out on sounding close to Mojo on my delivery because for the past 15 years, Ive been asked to do that voice more often than anybody else, so if I'm not 100 percent focused, my 'mojo delivery' slips out, which is usually a result of my subconsciously knowing I'm doing an animated villain voice - If I'm mostly unfamiliar with the villain's personality and tone. Think of it as an "accidental default".

Personally, I don't mind criticism simply because I prefer to know truthfully whether or not my attempts at replicating a voice sound authentic or not to be more than a simple, useless party trick.
>>
File: Aku.gif (305KB, 500x700px) Image search: [Google]
Aku.gif
305KB, 500x700px
Mojo is second nature to me at this point and I'm sick of it. Also, because the tone of Mojo's hits a distinct low point that's easy for me to hold, I can manage evil laughs with ease. Even difficult laughs like Aku and Brian Fury are things I can do on command, but that's not exactly something that there's demand for.

Heroic-sounding teen range is something I can do, but I seriously despise it because extremely limiting. It's a common and popular field but highlights the types of things I really am not interested in (because I have range and pitch control that makes my voice sound nothing like my physical appearance, making it somehow more prized judging by how many people are taken aback by it.

Basically, imagine Danny Glover putting out a voice like Bart Simpson if you turned your back on a busy street. He's not the person you'd suspect because he looks nothing like the person, but the moment you'd know, you'd want to cash in on it as a producer. The rest of his vocal range/ability would be beneath your interest.
>>
>>90972948
>Is it because Aku can only be defeated under the proper conditions?
Not really, he just seemed to decide to leave before Jack got another strike.
>>
>>90957545
Sound less like Aku and more like Iroh (maybe you should bother Nick in case they want to do another Avatar show).
Only laugh make sound like Aku.
>>
>>90977297
What the fuck did you just do to my eyes
>>
>>90977297
>*Timing of aku's diction. (not tone.)
>>
>>90961965
You're embarrassing yourself. You sound like pretentious gutter trash
>>
>>90979621
Can't cook anything up without someone adding in some salt.
>>
>>90977297
>>90977801
>putting literally everything in spoilers
>>
>>90971281
I think he's talking about the portals that Aku summons to spy on Jack. Only the Shaolin monks were really able to hide from it.
>>
>>90979726
I have a script to disable spoilers because people do this kind of faggotry 24/7
>>
Just ignore the previous faggot and his failed attempts. This is how it's done. And I didn't need a long ass list of spoilers either.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RMewtbRxPQ
>>
>>90977801

Why do you have to put everything in spoilers?
>>
>>90981889
I'm not sure if that trip is from those times but as I recall it's an old courtesy. Basically it means skip my post if you don't care or highlight and read if it's really that important to you.
It's an abuse of the function obviously, but like sage and quoting these things change from their original intention.
>>
File: cool shitpost, bro.png (290KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
cool shitpost, bro.png
290KB, 300x300px
>>90982037
>I'm not sure if that trip is from those times but as I recall it's an old courtesy.

It astonishes me that somebody actually remembers this. Although, I was originally doing it in this thread in order to draw attention to when I was posting vocaroo links in previous threads in order to preserve the illusion that I was only speaking "In Character" and the spoilered text was "OOC chatter".

That said, I was also too lazy to turn off the script that auto-spoilered my text.

>>90978558
>>90979621
>>90979726
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PwTTHkwbRK
>>
>>90970472
Remember Jacks mask? That's probably why he had it.
>>
>>90957346
Lol he never fucking said that.
>>
>>90986961
Literally five posts further down and you're proven wrong: >>90957435
>>
Honestly, how I would have handled it would have been to have Aku dead when Season 5 began. Like the big battle happened sometime between the end of the 2013 comic run and beginning of S5. Would have helped with the theme of a stagnation of the hero's journey.

Maybe a few flashbacks detailing what happened, but never really showing the battle.

Turns out killing Aku didn't magically give Jack a way back to the past, didn't fix the future, and there are still people who worship Aku (the Daughters of Aku for example) and are adamant about killing Jack

Sure, it would have made the season seem a bit more hopeless and nihilistic, but having a hero dealing with the "what now" aspect after their journey should have ended would have been a great approach.
>>
>>90962653
Aku knows exactly where Jack is. See those fucking beetles that go after him. He doesn't even want to look at him by now.
>>
File: Homestuck_The_End.gif (5KB, 650x450px) Image search: [Google]
Homestuck_The_End.gif
5KB, 650x450px
>>90987332
That would just make the whole thing feel like an epilogue, with everything climactic happening off-screen. People hate shit like that.

Turn him back into the primal evil that he started as, if you must, but don't resolve the driving conflict of the series off-screen.
>>
>>90957346

Baldwin has done an admirable job with Aku thus far, and any objections to him at this point is simply sentimentality, which I completely understand. But it wouldn't justify removing such an integral character.
>>
>>90957346
They should've gotten someone else to voice him that actually sounds like Aku, and not just getting the guy everyone accepts as Mako's replacement for some reason
>>
>>90957346
Non-english anons.

How close are your Aku dubbing to Mako?
>>
File: 1489898478365.png (134KB, 724x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489898478365.png
134KB, 724x508px
>>90987975
that's what I thought too. Random mediocre-or-worse voice clips in this thread aside, you can find swathes of people on youtube who do character impressions. Open the casting call up and surely somebody would have come along who could do the perfect Mako aku voice.

Now I get why when they're directing, they would want to go with "established, professional voice actor" and not "random person who can do an impression", and in most situations that would probably be the right call, but this is a special case. The character is already well established, and the previous actor MADE the character, 100%.

They went with a "do your own thing and recapture the character in your best voice" direction, but I think this situation would have been better off with a "do a 1:1 impression of the original" approach.
>>
>>90957545
No.
>>
>implying a big bombastic hammy character like aku doesn't need somebody who knows how to fucking act behind the mic

proles, i tell ya
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Be9l6apuaJ

gimme (you)s i'm so good at voices you guys so good at them
>>
>>90957545
It sounds worse than Baldwin. Try again.
>>
Where can I watch the new series tho?
>>
>>90989483
Pretty good Cr1tikal. Now read out this Cr1tikal fanfic. https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11154817/1/Equestria-Gameplay-and-Commentary
>>
File: 1490043314964.png (279KB, 535x485px) Image search: [Google]
1490043314964.png
279KB, 535x485px
>>90957346
Not like he doesn't already have another form with a different voice. And it's Aku, doing things for shits and giggles is his M.O.
>>
>>90988259
People always say this, but I've NEVER seen any of these fabled impression videos.
>>
File: DieBun.png (75KB, 517x480px) Image search: [Google]
DieBun.png
75KB, 517x480px
>>90957545
you need to go
>>
File: Aku's form.png (523KB, 1024x1670px) Image search: [Google]
Aku's form.png
523KB, 1024x1670px
>>90990574
>>
>>90959221
Aku can probably find out where Jack is fairly easily, he's just not actively looking for him since he sees it as pointless since he can't defeat Jack. He's also kind of depressed that his last resort, waiting for Jack to die from old age, won't work because the time portal shenanigans essentially made Jack immortal. The Daughters of Aku on the other hand actively looked for Jack, as did the beetle robots.
>>
>>90988259
They did open up a casting call. Genndy said they did multiple auditions, and Greg's was the best one.

These imaginary Youtubers who can not only do an incredible Aku impression but also actually voice act didn't show up.
>>
>>90984031
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PwTTHkwbRK
>I'm a real voice actor, you guys!

Get that Xbox 360 headset mic bullshit out of here.
>>
If you consider part of this episode, it is possible that Aku when spying Jack and realizing that this one does not own sword, considers that Jack is pretending not to have the sword to attract him outside the palace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2ZQxEzqA5s
>>
File: 5339588-uncinh2015015-cov-46d48.jpg (152KB, 900x1366px) Image search: [Google]
5339588-uncinh2015015-cov-46d48.jpg
152KB, 900x1366px
>>90995219
>xbox 'anything'.
It's a mic built into my work laptop. Only useful for company calls over skype or other video chat services.
>Shitposting without providing own 'better' work.
>An anon above you provided a much better Aku without resorting to this level of peasantry.
If this is either this is salt or envy, it still makes you look silly at best and infantile at worst, because if you had any distinguishing voice control whatsoever, you'd be able to have an actual argument instead of shitting yourself for attention.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Cu3AtW49Nb
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0Y1W6G4WVli
>>
>>90995900
You're the whiniest bitch I've ever met, and I play console games online.
>>
>>90957346
>How would this have been explained in-universe?
Jack is actually Aku.
>>
>>90995791
Those underling with sneaker will never be not awesome.
>>
>>90995900
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1y4UzpiYJzm
>>
>>90995900
My ears
>>
Fandub when?
>>
>>90987975
>>90988259
I have heard Greg learned Voice acting with the guidance of Mako, so there is that.

>>90993666
>These imaginary Youtubers who can not only do an incredible Aku impression but also actually voice act didn't show up.
What are the odds?
>>
>>90961965
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>90995900
>>90996051
Really? All that lip up until now and you've got nothing to say to that?
>>
>>90986235
This is a really good point.
Also, after 50 years, Aku probably got bored of the "invincible samurai" channel.
>>
>>90996645
Especially since he just went "eh, fuck it, I'll just wait him out" and stopped paying attention.
>>
>>90996132
Greg literally just did an interview saying he never met Mako ever.
>>
>>90996689
>>90996689
So, were does that rumor come from?

also, link to the interview?
>>
>>90996934
Well, like many rumors, it just comes from people saying complete bullshit and people believe it and spread it
>>
>>90996934
https://dotandline.net/samurai-jack-greg-baldwin-new-aku-interview-mako-21ee0139bd34#.k399qe60t
>I never met him. It’s something interesting. The Internet will frequently say that I was Mako’s “understudy.” I never had the privilege of meeting the great man. I probably would never have been his understudy. And understudy of course is a theatrical convention where you’re sick and you can’t go on stage that night, then the understudy goes on. On stage, Mako and I would probably never be cast in the same roles. Which is the beauty of voice acting. So no, I never met him.
>>
>>90962728
I think if he had as long a time to work on the voice as Baldwin did then he would have had the voice near perfect. But he didn't, so nope.
>>
>>90957346
imagine an Aku, forever simply a shadow in the dark. We have plenty of talking villains, henchmen sent forth, some even trusted and recurring, but all in constant terror of their silent master.
Something like Usagi Yojimbo's Lord Hijiki (when Sakai remembers he exists)
>>
File: s4dTtBy.jpg (86KB, 384x313px) Image search: [Google]
s4dTtBy.jpg
86KB, 384x313px
>>90996051
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0PDcVBgbvwx
>>
>>90997562
>vowels
Not american, huh?
>>
>>90997562
>A ONE OR TWO THOUSAND DOLLAR MICROPHONE!

Can you really not tell the difference between a super fancy set up and a Blue Yeti?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xMwcudICTd

Now I'm going to go get another beer and maybe grab some yogurt while I'm at it. Either way I'm not going to help you shit this thread up anymore.
>>
>>90997562
Wait, someone called you out for acting full of yourself and not sounding very good so your insult is that they're ego over talent?

Kay.
>>
When I first saw the promos, I was under the impression they were going to make Aku a woman.
>>
File: DSC03803.png (577KB, 692x519px) Image search: [Google]
DSC03803.png
577KB, 692x519px
>>90998003
The only thing more annoying than trying to get British and American accents and voices spot-on is the people who can pick it out and call attention to it.
No. I'm native Uzbek and spent my teen years in UK learning English before coming anywhere stateside.

>>90998093
Shitposting aside, You do have a solid radio performer voice. You should try doing podcasts. I'm not exactly the sort that pays much mind to the quality of the microphone. I just use whatever's available or being presented to me.
>>
>>90998449
>can't keep an accent together.
>I HAVE SOOOOOOO MUCH CONTROL OVER MY VOICE, YOU GUYS! THE PEOPLE SAYING I DON'T ARE FAKE NEWS!
>>
>>90957545
That's not particularly good at all, though
>>
>>90999087
The guy who said that was the guy who recorded it. He's in here continuing to not be very good and damn proud of it.
>>
>>90998253
...Does Aku technically have a gender?

I mean, obviously he's a guy, but like he isn't an actual male.
>>
>>90998449
Federalfag here.
You don't have an accent. You sound authentically american and I've just got a collection of audiobooks and case recordings. Career trade in general in linguistics has me constantly have audible on playback in my home.

Brits that feign American English occasionally flub "a" and "o" in areas if you try to listen really, really hard. Tom Holland crashed into "ă" in civil war on "big fan" but nailed the rest..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tjqtek3km5Q

I called you on your vowels because only stumble was "Microphone" and it sounded like a western californian surfer from the 90's, which is a very old instructed cheat used by some brits in early learning pre-2000's. that alone conflicted with the rest of the line since the rest of your O's were solid.

It's not rare for middle-easterners to have british-taught english, but I've never heard any before now that didn't sound like they were Apu from the simpsons at best. There's no twang or hint of accent and I was only under the impression you weren't American.

If you keep putting out clips, your register will become easily identifiable, but unless there's another anon that's got a career in linguistics, they're not going to be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>90999265
He's also been a woman before. Shapeshifter and all that. Since he's some weird evil muk he probably doesn't have an actual gender because I doubt whatever he is, if there are even more of them, reproduce by fucking.

I think he's just kind of whatever he wants to be.
>>
File: Well-Fuck-pvr5rv.jpg (28KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Well-Fuck-pvr5rv.jpg
28KB, 600x450px
>>90999265
Oh, boy. Here we go..
>>
>>90957379
He could probably make it work.
>Aku never shows up, not once
>whole season revolves around Jack dealing with the sisters and getting his mojo back
>final scene of final episode is Jack heading off to confront Aku, he says "I'm ready" and does the eye-opening thing
>ending is ambiguous as to whether or not he fails or succeeds and whether he decides to stay in the future with all his new friends or go back to the past to be with his old family
>>
>>90999380
Nah, not in a "omg aku is totes nonbinary lgbqtqteisbwo".

I just mean, he's a sentient being of pure evil.
>>
>>90999265
He has a gender, but not a sex.
>>
File: wulf.png (1MB, 1276x716px) Image search: [Google]
wulf.png
1MB, 1276x716px
>Jack goes through all this pain and turmoil over the course of 9 episodes.
>Finally gets his sword back and storms Aku's fortress.
>Kills thousands of robots, ayylmaos and human beings.
>Bursts into the throne room drenched in blood and oil.
>Aku left a note and peaced out of the galaxy 40 years ago out of boredom.
>>
>>90999439
That would be such a shitty cop-out. I'm glad they didn't do that.

I'm hoping, as interesting as they are, they don't spend too much time on the daughters of aku. We're here for Jack's story, not theirs.
>>
>>90957545

>vocaroo is posted in a thread and gets tons of positive replies about how dead on it is as an Aku impression
>same vocaroo is posted in this new thread a couple days later and gets tons of negative replies about how bad it is as an Aku impression

I'm now convinced most of you don't have thoughts of your own and will just absorb whatever opinion you see others posting.
>>
>>90999867
it's almost like there's a fuck ton of people on this website or something
>>
>>90999867
>They liked me in the other thread, you sheep!
>>
>>90972948
Aku just eludes being struck down and is used to knowing how simply because he has joker immunity/plot armor to keep the show running.
In-series, Jack is too often overly dramatic and too time-consuming in his efforts to deliver the killing blow and Aku's not dumb enough to give up the chance to escape.

>>90975468
Timing of speech pattern, specifically iconic peaks, valleys, stresses on consonants, vowels and vocabulary that is unique to a person or character.

>>90977977
I'm almost positive this is the same Anon that did the fifty shades of mojo.
I can hear Iroh in this if he dialed back on the rasp.

>>90989386
This is /co/ntrarian. What else did you expect?

>>90998607
>trying this hard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2phT-BwuZc0
>>
>>90999265
The shapeshifting master of darknessis obviously genderfluid.
>>
>>91000009

>me

It's not me (not me who did the voice anyway; it is me who posted the vocaroo here in this second thread because I realized after watching the second S5 episode that he did a way better job than Baldwin). The guy who did it sounds pretty self-deprecating and probably more likely to agree with the negative posts in this thread then the positive ones in the last thread.
>>
>>90999439
>>ending is ambiguous as to whether or not he fails or succeeds and whether he decides to stay in the future with all his new friends or go back to the past to be with his old family
If this happened it would be the greatest blue balling in animation history.
>>
I just finished S2 while catching up, is it supposed to be fucking awful? There were a few good episodes, but overall it was shitty compared to how consistently amazing and heartfelt I thought S1 was. Are S3 and S4 better?
>>
>>91000095
What's it like to be so full of shit?
>>
>>90999867
Funny that he called another anon better than himself at Aku without whining about it and some rando samefag anon keeps shitflinging without a clear reason for it.

I'd understand if he was being a poor sport, but the shitposting has more sodium than Aku anon so far.
>>
>>90957545
Your voice cracked way too many times and your delivery is trash.
>>
File: sweet thing.jpg (262KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
sweet thing.jpg
262KB, 1920x1080px
I didn't expect this show to make me feel like trash.
>>
>>91000314
Did you miss the part where you went on weird shouting rants because someone dogged your mic quality? You should look into getting therapy.
>>
File: BetterThanBaldwin.png (101KB, 1117x629px) Image search: [Google]
BetterThanBaldwin.png
101KB, 1117x629px
>>91000275

You're the full of shit one. You would be posting about how great a job he did if you saw it in the first thread instead of this one because you don't have thoughts of your own and just join in with whatever the other replies tell you to think.

Look at it, almost the same exact number of replies, all positive and shocked at how good he was in the first thread, and all negative and shitting on him as somehow worse than Baldwin's awful Mako impression in this thread. I don't think I believe in the concept of opinions anymore after seeing this happen. If I were an advertiser I would just go around making positive first posts on social media sites for my own products and negative first posts on sites for my competitors and it'd probably make everyone who followed start repeating the same manufactured view.
>>
>>90999867
Don't worry about it. I already know I barely put enough practice into it as-is and I still don't have the range committed to memory.

If they like or don't, It bothers me none. The constructive criticism's more important if I can use it to improve and I don't exactly benefit from crying over trolls and shitposters. I already pass as American, so that's a testament in itself to how few fucks I gave to people that said It'd never happen.

>>91000009
>vanity
I don't recall being born a dreamer, but don't let me stop you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M
>>
>>91000588
Just shut up you fucking idiot, why are you bothering to defend the guy so much if you aren't him. Did he tell you he'd suck your dick if you stood up for him? People are allowed to have their own opinion, and imo that was an extremely amateur attempt at an impression.
>>
>>91000692

I'm arguing about it because I'm annoyed everyone inexplicably started liking the Baldwin voice when it's terrible, to the point where you're now pretending to think it's better than an actual Mako sounding voice. I don't like your contrarian bullshit. You're not being honest desu.
>>
Will Episode 3 be good?
>>
>>91000000
>>
File: yI4CrhN.jpg.gif (2MB, 245x300px) Image search: [Google]
yI4CrhN.jpg.gif
2MB, 245x300px
>>91000586
You're getting your anons mixed up.
I have trips on for a reason.

Also, it's called "voice ACTING." Stress on the "acting" part.

This is important, as shown here:
>>90998449
Notice the tone?
>>90997562
Notice the surrendering shrug image I used?

At what point you expect me to be serious when I went through countless voices on this board for the fun of it did you think I was trying to be truly hostile?

I mean, if you believed I was legitimately hostile then I must have done a good job acting, which is contrary to what you're trying to prove. You're not giving yourself much room to goalpost out of this, either. I'm not framing that context, you literally spent much of this thread setting that up yourself.

Either way, I appreciate the fact that you participated in posting because I still got useful information out of it.
>>
File: riddle me wat.png (352KB, 493x574px) Image search: [Google]
riddle me wat.png
352KB, 493x574px
>>91000692
>imo that was an extremely amateur attempt at an impression.

But, I presented that fact already? Not sure why you're spending so much time on beating that horse it when I already personally mentioned that far in advance.
>>
>>91000355

>Episode based on Detective Noir themes

>Hah, can't wait to see how Jack and the Bot team up to rescue Lulu

>Episode goes full Noir, Jack kills the Bot who asks Jack to save Lulu yet falls on deaf hears since Jack has no idea what he's talking about, Lulu probably fucking died after Aku realized the bot canned it

I was in fucking shock when the episode ended.
>>
Dude, if you're trying to out-autism that Raven "voice actor" from months ago, you have a looong way to go.
>>
>>91000588
>How can different sets of anons have different opinions?! This must be the work of advertisers!
Jesus Christ.
>>
File: Screenshot_20170321-201557.png (180KB, 1080x574px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170321-201557.png
180KB, 1080x574px
>>90957379
>no sword to defeat aku
>no more time portals to go back in time to retrieve said sword
>no hope
The only logical thing now is for jack to confront aku, who is the only one who can create a time portal (that we know of) or of course, fucking end it all.
>>
>Jack killed Aku decades ago
>Aku used his final breath to destroy the last time portal
>The sword was destroyed after cutting Aku down
>Shadowy government keeps up the belief that Aku is still alive and try to kill Jack to keep the truth hidden
>The cult still exists
>>
File: Demongo-1.jpg (39KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Demongo-1.jpg
39KB, 1024x768px
>>90966457
The Demonic Force is just a soul eating demon, it doesn't even begin to compare to Aku's power.
>>
>>90957346
I'm glad he didn't. Baldwin isn't bad, but man a final season of Samurai Jack without Aku just wouldn't be the same.

Still, just shows how intertwined Mako was with the character that they even considered going down this route.
>>
>>90957672
>eventually Aku reverts back to the primordial black mass he was spawned from
>>
>>90957857
>it's like Jack vs. The Zombies
>except with blood
I can't fucking wait
>>
>>90959221
They live in a fucking cave where EXTRA THICC spends all day beating the crap out of them. I doubt they have a phone to just ring him up.
>>
>>91000355
50 years later. Lulu is fucking dead. Aku probably ate her when he heard of X9's failure.
>>
>>91000800
Jack turns into a giraffe
>>
>>91000800
Jack is going to brutally murder a bunch of teenage girls. Of course it's going to be good.
>>
Friendly reminder they've already addressed why Aku hasn't looked at Jack for the last 50 or so years. He's closed up his fire-monitor thingy and pretty much become a NEET.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQFLmFaduak
>>
>>
I kbow ot sucks that mako is dead from throat cancer but i can hear the aku resemblance when he shouts like how he shouted when he was talking about the time portals. We wont get a replacement for aku but baldwin isnt bad he cant perfect the voice.
Thread posts: 242
Thread images: 36

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.