[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dumbing of Age - When are they gonna nerf Ruth's st.mk

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 507
Thread images: 62

File: 1490069702792[1].png (330KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1490069702792[1].png
330KB, 1000x333px
What the fuck, every time I pick Recycling Bins I can't do shit against this move! The priority and hit box is crazy, I can't punish it with even EX Can Spit, and the damage and knockback is fucked. I'd pick Billie, but she gets destroyed by Ruth's taunt? Jesus Christ, Willis has no fucking clue how to balance a roster.

Paging Patreanon.
>>
Can we just MOVE ON?
>>
File: 2015-11-05-strength.png (387KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-11-05-strength.png
387KB, 1000x333px
>>90947486
>nerfing Ruth st.mk
>when Joyce st.hp exists
>>
>>90947486
>>90948351
what the fuck is going on? Like seriously, should I even try to catch up?
>>
>>90947486
Did she just throw a recycling bin at herself?
>>
File: 5635736.gif (515KB, 400x308px) Image search: [Google]
5635736.gif
515KB, 400x308px
>>90948351
Oh yeah, that's realistic.
>>
File: pixely.png (461KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
pixely.png
461KB, 1000x333px
Scene change!

Oh fun! Today we have an indictment of valid skepticism and the justice system, followed by some playful banter.
>>
>>90948645
>>90948645
>implying realism in Willis's slice-of-life realistic university drama

What are you, anon? Some kind of bigot? Don't you think a five foot girl who weighs about a hundred pounds can't send a six-fotr-plus man who probably weighs more than twice what she does flying with a single punch?

Do we need to get out the Amazi-Girl building vaulting strips for some "corrective education" again?
>>
>>90948755

Hhh. So we're doing the "always believe accusations of rape" thing now, huh?

This is one of those annoying cases where this technically isn't a big problem now, but is GOING to be a big problem once our culture actually gets around to trusting rape victims more often. There probably WILL be a noticeable trend in false accusations once that happens, but if you try to address the problem NOW you just look like a self-centered asshole. It's aggravating.
>>
>>90948755
Yes, girl whom I don't know. I will completely accept your unverified word that someone who can't even be clearly identified in this photo is indeed a date rapist.

Hey, remember when Samantha Bee accused a guy of being a neo-Nazi on national television? He was young and bald, so he was a skinhead... only it turned out he had cancer and was going through chemotherapy?

I don't see any problem with publicly identifying someone as a bad person without any evidence whatsoever!

Now, obviously we know that Ryan is an attempted rapist scumbag and he is in fact guilty. However, if we didn't have that knowledge, like these two people... all there is is a photo where you apparently can't even identify the guy except for knowing that he has a scar.
>>
File: JoyceCast.png (69KB, 192x333px) Image search: [Google]
JoyceCast.png
69KB, 192x333px
>>90948351
>anon doesn't know it was already nerfed
>>
>>90948970
It amazes me that they couldn't even be assed to provide any context to the picture. Even if they wanted to avoid linking him to Robin for fear of legal trouble, they could have at least mentioned when he roofied Joyce and given a general description to back up the blurry photo.
>>
>>90948755
>Becky pushing Joyce to tease Walky about cartoon
This diversion seems like it could be ...more enjoyable than the alternatives, but I imagine it'll segue back into drama in two shakes of a Joyce-a-roo's tail.

Joyce-a-roo? Seriously?
>>
>>90948970
Yeah, there's no way to tell if "share the pic of this person, they're a rapist" is legit or if it's a breakup revenge or bullying scenario.

Same goes for all sorts of "spread the image of this person" things. I've heard of people who went under victim/witness protection or were trying to shake an extremely violent, abusive ex off their tail whose covers were blown because the people after them shared their pic with a "concerned for their safety, please help" message, retards shared it, someone recognised them and contacted the baddies etc. You never really know what the situation is.
>>
>>90949524
There's also plenty of tales of 'this person did something wrong, sic 'em!' like the guy who was trying to take pictures of a Darth Vader mannequin/standee for his kids. They liked Star Wars, so he thought they'd get a hoot out of it.

A woman in the store thought he was taking pictures of children, took his picture and put it on facebook as a potential child predator.

To her credit, she took it down and apologized vociferously when she realized just how badly she'd fucked up, but the point is the same: these two people only have a blurry photo and a vague description "dudebro with a scar" and the word of some random young woman that hey, this guy is totally a rapist, so share this photo that doesn't even have a good image of him. There's no possible way that it could backfire.

Out of universe, we know Ryan is a shitty person. He even has his own identical minions like a fucking 60s supervillain.

In universe? He fits a vague description that probably a lot of other guys do. Cut yourself shaving? Rapist! Old childhood injury? Rapist! Take a particularly hard hit in sports? Rapist!

This is begging for a huge lawsuit if Ryan ever gets outed. Defamation of character is good. They had no evidence and they identified him a a rapist.

Eyewitness testimony? From a drunk girl who responds to any hint of intimacy with aggression? (shouting at boys, freaking out about the concept, getting Mike to hit Joe)? How about Sarah, the misanthrope who struck another girl in public for talking to Joyce? How about the blood tests for drug residue that they didn't do?

It really pisses me off, since everything Willis has written in this plot only makes it easier for an attempted rapist to get away with what he did and this social media campaign against Ryan only plays into this narrative that Ryan is being targeted by Joyce and her friends for putting the moves on her. It's bullshit, but it's bullshit he can sell because of all their shitty behaviour.
>>
>>90948755
Well.... it's a scene change. Guess we'll see where it goes? Cause I got nothing else to say bout it.
>>
>>90948755
Sal, those are background characters. They won't exist anymore after this strip. Why u gotta waste your time?
>>
>>90950008
>To her credit, she took it down and apologized vociferously
Did she pay him at all? Apologies aren't worth anything.
>>
>>90948755
Willis, please don't drag this rapist conflict out for another 5 or something years ffs.
>>
>>90948755
>Picking on Walky

Come on, that's a low blow.
>>
>>90951406
No no see! It's okay to do that right now! Until he gets his grades back up!
>>
>>90951406
Not really, he's a kind of a dick and this is the most low-level teasing ever.
>>
File: AmberTriggered.png (72KB, 1600x1743px) Image search: [Google]
AmberTriggered.png
72KB, 1600x1743px
>>90948755
>tfw you have no buxom christian lasses to playfully argue about cartoons with
>>
>>90949524
>>90948755

Something Positive did basically this plot, loads better. Random dude college student agreed to have a picture taken to help the women's issue group on campus, turned out to be a "POTENTIAL RAPIST" ad campaign, and he couldn't get out of it because he signed a waiver.

...guess I'm saying Willis has a knack for borrowing and re-tooling stuff from other web cartoonist friends & peers. He's even doing the trans issues and used girl-type robots in Shortpacked.
>>
>>90950008
And "Joyce and friends calling the cops first" is just never an option because ever adult in the DOA-verse is either evil or inept.
>>
>>90953472
This entire plot line is them making the worst possible choice at every opportunity, while Willis tries use it to make political points. Like I said, it just pisses me off because every decision they've made has been the wrong one, for the wrong reasons. Some of them are understandable, i.e. Joyce afraid of being pulled out of college. Some of them, like spreading an unidentifiable photo of some guy with a scar, are retarded and actually damaging to their cause.

If Willis actually wanted to do something feminist with this plot, he should have had Joyce go to the cops. Answer the questions, show it as not enjoyable, because it's not. It's uncomfortable and unpleasant... and necessary.

You can play the privilege card by having Ryan skate on these charges, because his parents are well-connected and bury it. Fuck, even say there's not enough evidence to do anything (even though Willis has said Ryan use rohypnol on Joyce and that stays in your bloodstream for like 3 days after being dosed).

Then you can call that shit back. Maybe Ryan attempts to, or actually does rape another girl. Give Joyce agency. Have her convince the victim to go to the police, even though she knows it's not a fun thing. This time, though, between Joyce's earlier report and the new victim's testimony, Ryan gets buried.

There, you've got a perfect plotline with a good theme. "Privilege sucks and scumbags can use it to skate free when they shouldn't, but report the crime anyways. Even if you don't get justice, you can help the next person bury these fuckers. If you don't do anything, these shitbags will just keep getting away with it and NOBODY gets justice."

Instead, we've got 'durr the system won't help you, the authorities won't help you - vigilante justice is the only way to get revenge, so start spreading rumours, folks!"
>>
So there's no way Willis drags this Joyce and the Rapist conflict further right? Like we're gonna get more focus on it now? Maybe next story arch? It's just the fact his face is now out there or whatever it makes him hiding much harder.
>>
>>90954350
>So there's no way Willis drags this Joyce and the Rapist conflict further right?
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
wait what the fuck
ruth is still the RA?!
>>
This comic is so bad that if I were a millionaire I'd find it just to give mentally ill kids and outlet that normalizes the kind of mental illnesses that stop them from reproducing, so they can quietly go extinct.
>>
>>90955897
Yep. Grandpa Clint came in and threw a G.I. Joe toy at Puddin Head and declared that they forget the whole sordid affair ever happened.
>>
>>90955801
Yeah I know. Wishful thinking.
>>
>>90948755
Mob Hunting a criminal based on a vague idea of what they might look like? Looks like we're gonna do it leddit!

Knowing willis I wouldn't even be fucking surprised if that's what actually happens
>>
>>90948645
He was just in a car collision.
>>
>>90956951
I've been in a few car accidents, and I don't remember my body acting like it was 1/10th of my original mass afterwards.
>>
I hate his fucking fanbase so much.

Noooo Ruth is a cute lesbian with depression, and depression is sexy and acceptable, that means her rampant abuse is so relatable! I hope she and Billie scissor some more in between drinking themselves to death.

I fucking hate every single one of them. I hope they all fucking die.
>>
>>90957025
if anything he's have a little adrenaline going

but no, a single punch launches him through the air

from a person who has most likely never thrown a punch before
>>
>>90957606
>from a person who has most likely never thrown a punch before
She has definitely punched in the strip, she punched Joe during their date. They were probably not real "try to knock a motherfucker out" punches, though.

My headcanon for Joyce is that she's pretty violent (and strong). Like she learned how to deal with handsy boys to keep safe. She's gotten physical (nerd fighting and intimidation) with Walky a few times.
>>
>>90957986
Even if Joyce is unusually strong for her build, the backwards dive by Toedad would make the most theatrical pro-wrestler blush.
>>
File: 1466973166047.png (55KB, 217x190px)
1466973166047.png
55KB, 217x190px
>>90957986
>a 90 pound girl can send a full grown man flying several feet with a single punch
yeah, ok anon
>>
>>90958184
>>90958274
Oh, I wasn't trying to say that she's strong enough to punch someone like in that one strip. Sorry about the confusion.
>>
>>90957552
Cause most of them are also depressed 18-20 somethings who use their mental illnesses to excuse being shitty and unpleasant human beings.
>>
File: To Report or Not to Report.png (3MB, 2088x1665px) Image search: [Google]
To Report or Not to Report.png
3MB, 2088x1665px
>>90955801
>>90954350
>>90954234
>>90953472
>>90953401
>>90950580
>>90950008
>>90949524
>>90948755
The relevant strips for context.

1:
Dorothy says to report.

2:
Dorothy says to take Joyce to hospital.
Joyce says no.
Dorothy starts to say why she should take her to the hospital.

3:
Dorothy says to report.
Joyce says no.
Billie says no.
Sarah says no hospital.
Sarah says they'll report in the morning.

4:
NPC says he'll report Ryan if he shows up again.

5:
Sarah is glad to have Dorothy for explaining things to Joyce and the police.
(Dorothy is glad Joyce is alive, but she seems far less concerned than she should.)

6:
Sal says not to report.
Sal pokes holes in the idea of reporting.
Billie says it was Sarah's idea to go home.

7:
Dorothy says colleges don't care about sexual assault.
Sal says cops are bad.
Sal says cops won't help.
Billie wants to drop the whole thing.

8:
Dorothy says to report.
Sarah says it's okay to report. She doesn't mind getting in trouble for beating Ryan with a baseball bat.
Joyce says no.

9:
Sal is glad they aren't reporting.
Sarah gives up.
Billie gives up.

10:
Joyce wants to go to the beach, dropping the subject entirely for the next few years.
>>
>>90959267
I can't wait for Joyce to get tagged back in at the very end to lay the finishing blow on Ryan after trying her best to not give a shit. I'm gonna be so disgusted.
>>
>>90959267
Of all the things wrong with these comics, it's Walky in #5 that bugs me the most.

Spiders don't give a fuck about your Nachitos. You'd have to be worrying about flies and cockroaches long before the spiders gave a flying fuck about your mess.
>>
>>90959267
I'd forgotten Billy's retarded reasoning in this.

>if you report him and get sent home by parents concerned for your safety, he wins!
>therefore, if you don't report him and let him keep preying on other girls until a bunch of 18 year olds track him down with no usable evidence against him, he'll lose!
>>
>>90960709
Totally right. I'm almost positive that his goal wasn't "let's see how many girls I can get to quit or be pulled from school"

I'm pretty sure his goal was and still is vagina, and that's about it.
>>
>blurry photo
>vague description
How many strips until Willis uses a deus-ex-machina to catch the guy?
>>
>>90961186
Either too many to be interesting or too few to even dream of being satisfying.
>>
>>90960842
"Ha, Joyce didn't go home because of you, you bastard! You don't get to hold that over her! What do you think of that?"

"I didn't even remember her name. The only reason I remember her at all was because of the glass she slashed me with. Meanwhile, in the time it took you Scooby-Doo rejects to track me down, I raped 3 other women."

"...what?"

"Let me tell you something though, for the first week I was shitting myself in that hospital bed, expecting the cops to walk through the door. I thought I was cooked. I shouldn't have used rohypnol, since it stays in the bloodstream way too long. You had my face, my injuries, the tox report. I figured I was done like dinner. But, guess what? No police came knocking. That was when I knew I was safe, that you all decided to bury it. So I stayed off campus, switched to letting a few birds drink more than they thought they did and plucked myself a few feathers. I mean, you seriously told that crazy bitch not to come forward because it'd give me power over her or something? Hooooly shit. Well, I and my wet dick thank you very much."

"......."
>>
>>90961833
And then Sal murders him in cold blood and Amazi-Girl takes the fall.
>>
>>90956256
>throw toy

Ah. So they're a couple now
>>
>>90957552
Well... You must hate us too then. Sniffing this like cocaine
>>
File: 1464966924885.jpg (23KB, 181x333px) Image search: [Google]
1464966924885.jpg
23KB, 181x333px
>>90961833
10/10
Too perfect for Williy World
>>
>>90958274
Joyce is also super dense, but somehow still fluffy to the touch.
Toedad neck is super thick and that's why he could survive the blow with only a broken jaw.
>>
>>90961833
This is some Adrian Veidt shit. What a fitting ending to a bunch of quasi-well-meaning idiots completely failing to do the right thing.

Too bad it would never happen.
>>
>>90948755
This isn't justice! This a fucking witch hunt. The only reason Willis' retard fanbase accepts this is because they KNOW he's an attempted racist. But the real world isn't black and white. Most time when this shit happens, we don't know all the facts. Obviously, as a man, I have very negative feelings toward this kind of attitude in rape cases. There are many real life stories of men being accused of rape, having there lives ruin and even sent to prison, only to later have the woman recant her statement as false. Like, a woman calling a man her rapist is literally the worst thing that can happen to a man (in regard to an innocent man). Fuck, even situations where the there is clearly proof that sex between the two parties was consentual, the guy can still have his name dangerous through the mud by witch hunts like this. It pisses me off so much that Willis tackles a serious issue (rape) like someone very inmature.
>>
>>90962930
The problem is that there are way, way more cases of actual rape than there are reported to police, for a variety of reasons. Over a fourth of women will get raped sometime in their lives. And many of them don't report it, so the rates are probably much higher than that. This is why it's so, so important to take rape accusations seriously, because it often requires a LOT of courage. And women who come forward about this stuff are often shut down by "not all men" comments or degrading remarks that imply she was "asking for it."

HOWEVER, there is more to it than that. Men get raped and don't report it very often. I don't know the statistics on that, but they aren't pretty.

I'm not sure on the percentage of false rape accusations, but they're definitely lower than the percentage of truthful ones.

And a second HOWEVER, I totally understand what you mean. My uncle spent 7 years in prison and missed a lot of his granddaughter's early childhood because of a teenager who falsely accused him of statutory rape. Not a single person in my family believes he did it. But he did the time anyway. For something he didn't do. And that sucks.

There's no genuinely good solution to this issue. To be this critical of rape accusations makes it harder and harder for people to speak up about getting raped.

>It pisses me off so much that Willis tackles a serious issue (rape) like someone very inmature.
Precisely. This is a situation with a lot of nuance and sensitive details. It's being handled very poorly, but to Willis's credit, it actually makes sense after all the horrible decisions that have been made up to this point.

It logically follows after the immense stupidity of deciding not to report and running after Ryan at the rally. But that particular nonsense should not have happened. They should have reported it. But this is exactly what a group of 18- and 19-year-olds would do after everything they've done so far. (to be continued)
>>
>>90963230
>there are way, way more cases of actual rape than there are reported to police,
Prove that any amount of rapes happened but were never legally declared.
>>
>>90963230
>>90962930
After they made those idiotic decisions, this is totally what they would do, in terms of the ridiculous witch hunt.

We don't even know if Ryan goes to that school.

On my end, when I was threatened with rape by someone I thought to be my friend, I did not intend to report it. It was just text messages, and I didn't think it was incriminating enough to bother with. I was just going to talk to my friends and figure out what to do from there.

Well, I eventually e-mailed a professor and ended up mentioning it because I was not going to go to class after staying up all night because of that crap. Guess who showed up at my door! The police! And guess where they also went afterward! The guy's room!

You know who called me? His girlfriend! Who wanted to know why the police showed up!

It only got messier from there, and my friends didn't take me seriously when I talked about how scared I was and how upsetting it was. It got brushed off. The more I got brushed up, the more upset I got. I ended up practically begging people to listen to me and stand up for me. These were my friends. The friends that used to stand up for me no matter what. People will draw lines in the sand when it comes to anything related to rape. There is no good way to deal with it. There just isn't.

>>90963360
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=rate+of+unreported+rapes

https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system

https://www.nij.gov/topics/crime/rape-sexual-violence/pages/rape-notification.aspx

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2014/12/09/the-truth-about-a-viral-graphic-on-rape-statistics/?utm_term=.e7c61cdb857b

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/21/rape-study-report-america-us_n_4310765.html

https://www.bjs.gov/index.cfm?ty=tp&tid=317
>>
Oh, HERE'S the Dumbing of Age thread.

Hey, OP, next time you make one of these, put "doag" somewhere in your post. It doesn't even have to be "doag" alone; you can pretend you typoed "dog".

>>90948755
Well, at least I didn't miss anything with this shit.
>>
>>90963530
Yeah, I usually don't make these, but there was no thread up. I didn't put /doag/ because I thought /---g/ was usually for generals and I didn't want to cause any weird general thread 4chan issues.
>>
>>90963480
None of those links mean anything to your claim.
There is no way to track the amount that happened but were never reported.
You cannot realistically prove any rapes that truly happened without a legal conviction.
Self reported statistics can be completely fabricated, or be from those who veiw staring the wrong direction as rape.
>>
>>90963648
Nah, there are very few issues regarding /doag/, at least as a general thread. We haven't hit full autism level yet thanks to how Willis updates once a day, giving us a steady new stream of content to complain about rather than obsessively reexamining old shit. Plus, we generally only have one thread at a time.

Basically, we're in the clear until we start making fan-characters unironically. THEN we'll want to take a break.
>>
File: suspenders.png (350KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
suspenders.png
350KB, 1000x333px
Tonight, we get a little update on how Walky's doing with his calculus conundrum.

This strip kinda reminded me of their It's Walky! dynamic. I don't think I dislike this one, but that's probably just the nostalgia talking.
>>
>>90963824
Those are suspenders? It looks like a vertically striped shirt.
>>
>>90963824
Reminder that that guy's fucking Walky's sister.
>>
>>90963824
>more copy paste panels
>>
>>90963824
This almost feels like a strip is missing.

I mean, the cartoon talk introduced in the last one isn't so important that it *had* to be seen, but it seems weird to introduce it and then go directly to this. The first couple panels could've been Walky looking over at Jason from where he, Joyce and Becky are standing and working himself up to go over instead of just him slowly sliding into frame.
>>
>>90963824
that's a lot of copy/paste for a whole lot of nothing
But I do agree that at least it sets up a dynamic between the two out of the gate. I still find it hard to believe that Walky can even put clothing on in the morning, much less approach a teacher for help with math work, at least with the way that Walky's been presented in the comic thus far. But whatever.

Meanwhile, in the comments section for >>90948755:
>So we’re all agreed green-haired lady and beige-eyed dude are the best characters, yes?
>Now we just gotta pressure willis into giving them names in the tags
>If enough of us get together, we can make them the stars of the next Patreon bonus strip. After that it’s only a matter of time before the Slipshine…

>no no the tan hoodie guy doesn’t say outright that he’s gonna play devil’s advocate, he argues and argues and when it’s clear he’s lost only then does he say “well i was just playing devil’s advocate jeez you feminazis are so defensive”
>At which point someone tells him ‘Nobody gave a shit what the Devil, thought, we asked what YOU thought, jackass’. And then boot to the head.

Which reminds me, that discussion we had the other day about the use of physical violence as an immediate response to harmful speech and alternative opinions was top notch.
>>
>>90963924
Oh Jesus, I forgot about that. I guess it says something about the pacing that I forgot about an entire plot thread like that.
>>
>>90963924
>Reminder that that guy's fucking Walky's sister.
It's past tense fucked. She can't stand him anymore. Well, even more than she couldn't stand him at the time.
>>
>>90963824
Does anyone else see certain
>implications
In Walky and Sal being the ones having
trouble with the academic aspects of college?
>>
>>90963994
>Which reminds me, that discussion we had the other day about the use of physical violence as an immediate response to harmful speech and alternative opinions was top notch
It sure was, but it also got your Patreanon here a 24 hour ban for off-topic posting, so, y'know, just FYI. Mods don't like anything that even smells a little bit like /pol/, so keep that in mind.
>>
>>90948645
Reality bleedthrough from It's Walky! Joyce.
>>
>>90964104
>Only Walky and Sal have issues
>Joyce is acing her classes despite any holes in her home schooling
>Even Becky, who was even more clamped down, has said that she could probably ace Dina's science quizzes

Pretty problematic imo.

(Also, I would still love for Joyce to rub it in Walky's face that she's better than him at math.)
>>
>>90963824
Why don't his suspenders connect to his pants.
>>
>>90956951
>>90957606
>>90958184
>>90958274
Something to consider is that he was literally hanging halfway out of his car when it careened off a highway, apparently throwing him out of the car and without any extreme injuries. Becky was inside the car at the time and it appeared to have rolled at least once, landing on its side. Similarly, Becky managed to exit the car without any extreme injuries either.
>>
>>90964377
Because Willis is stupid? It's that way in the character model sheet too.
>>
>>90948593

No
>>
>>90963230

>Over a fourth of women will get raped sometime in their lives

Isn't this a bullshit statistic?
>>
>>90948755
>Joyce-a-roo
Becky saying Joyce's name with an exaggerated Japanese accent seems a bit insensitive to her Japanese girlfriend
>>
>>90964504
It's only bullshit if you're implying eye-rape isn't real rape, anon. You'd be implying that words can't literally rape women too.

I don't think that you'd imply such silly things.
>>
>>90964504
Just looked it up. It seems to vary by year. It looks like it's lowered to 1 in 5 women, rather than 1 in 4.

In 2000, it was actually 30% of women.
>>
>>90964635

Doubtless I'll have to go back to the reeducation camp.

>>90964637

The issue is that that's likely a fabricated statistic by nutcase feminists and likely uses a contorted definition of "rape"
>>
>>90963981
I kinda have to agree. This is a weird juxtaposition from where Walky was last strip to where he is in this one.
>>
>>90964677
Yeah, the Department of Justice seems like they'd really be into fake statistics.
>>
>>90963824
I wonder if Mr. Bowtie is gonna let it slip that he fucked Walky's sis. And then watch Walky not give a shit.
>>
>>90964832

Sauce on that, m8
>>
>>90963230
Me >>90962930
Don't get me wrong. I'm totally agree that there are more actual rape cases than false. But, I would genuinely like to see the stats comparing false rape charges and false murder or whatever other bing type of crime stats. Mainly because just want to point out what we can all agree on, which is that this isn't the way to handle it. The reason I choose to focus on this and not what this anon >>90963480 here had to deal with is because, knowing willis' terrible writing, he is going to make vigilante justice the way this gets solved, ending in a hand wave of the police being on the girls side. Realistically, Ryan would have got away with this in the real world. Joyce's immature friends told her to avoid the police, preventing them from doing her job. I understand that not all police can be kind to this sort of thing. But this was a big incident at a party that if brought up right then and their, would have had plenty of witnesses to back up her story. Literally the worst thing was the underage drinking and only 2 (?) Of her friends participated. Joyce herself could be tested and seen she had not consumed alcohal and had roofies in her blood stream.

Man, I feel like I'm rambling be cause this is serious shit that pisses me off, but agin. It's because I know willis' writing style.
>>
>>90950008

In the end Ryan WILL eventually get punished despite all the logical ways he could get away scott free because Willis Wills It. He cares nothing about logic or reason.
>>
>>90964832

Yeah I still don't believe that.

Are we talking "rape" or just sexual misconduct/harrassment? Because there's a big difference which mentally-stunted SJWs won't notice.
>>
>>90964156
I'm amazed we all didn't eat a ban for that.

>>90963994
Despite attempting to make Jason look stuffy and uptight with his design, he'd probably look pretty stylish, if a bit hipster, in that getup IRL.
>>
>>90964961
If he just wants to see Ryan punished then he could have just gone with lasting physical impairment from Sarah's home run derby.

>>90964205
The walls are thin and Soggies wait in the cracks.
>>
>>90964877
>I wonder if Mr. Bowtie is gonna let it slip that he fucked Walky's sis.
Why would that ever come up in any potential conversation they might have? Unless Bowtie saved a picture of him fucking Sal on his phone and that image comes up whenever Sal calls, which she will do when Bowtie is in the bathroom and Walky is by the phone.
>>
>>90964877
It is late, and I glanced at your post and thought it said "Mr. Bowie." Adding David Bowie to this comic would vastly improve it.

>>90964996

>Rape
>Forced sexual intercourse including both psychological coercion as well as physical force. Forced sexual intercourse means vaginal, anal or oral penetration by the offender (s). This category also includes incidents where the penetration is from a foreign object such as a bottle. Includes attempted rapes, male as well as female victims, and both heterosexual and same sex rape. Attempted rape includes verbal threats of rape.

>Sexual assault
>A wide range of victimizations, separate from rape or attempted rape. These crimes include attacks or attempted attacks generally involving unwanted sexual contact between victim and offender. Sexual assaults may or may not involve force and include such things as grabbing or fondling. Sexual assault also includes verbal threats.

>Violence
>Rape, sexual assault, personal robbery or assault. This category includes both attempted and completed crimes. It does not include purse snatching and pocket picking. Murder is not measured by the NCVS because of an inability to question the victim. Completed violence - The sum of all completed rapes, sexual assaults, robberies, and assaults. See individual crime types for definition of completed crimes.

>Attempted/threatened violence
>The unsuccessful attempt of rape, sexual assault, personal robbery or assault. Includes attempted attacks or sexual assaults by means of verbal threats. See individual crime types for definition of attempted crimes.

Most of their statistics are regarding college-age people.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/cv14.pdf
Here's some useful stuff, and it includes data on other crimes, too. >>90964936
>>
>>90948755
>Some random dick denies the credibility of the rape as a symbol of how all guys are rape apologists.
>>
File: Farting of age.jpg (95KB, 641x333px) Image search: [Google]
Farting of age.jpg
95KB, 641x333px
>>90963824
>>
>>90965440

That's all interesting info but where does it address that 1 in 4 women are going to get raped?
>>
>>90964832
It's not "fake statistics" if the definition is skewed. In many places it's legally impossible for a man to be raped by a woman because their legal definition of rape specifies penetration.
>>
>>90965808
Still sorting through various documents but found this:
>In 1994-98, the rate of rape or sexual assault victimization for females living in urban areas (5.1 per 1,000) was higher than the rate for females in suburban (3.9 per 1,000) and rural (3.9 per 1,000) areas. In 2005-10 this pattern reversed, and the rate of sexual violence for females in rural areas (3.0 per 1,000) was higher than the rate of sexual violence for females in urban (2.2 per 1,000) and suburban (1.8 per 1,000) areas.

https://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fvsv9410.pdf

Doesn't seem to be consistent with the other documents, though.

There are a lot of statistics that emphasize how little rape actually gets reported. They estimate that only about 33% of rape gets reported to the police. Therefore, we can use that number to extrapolate some ideas. I have no intention of doing so, but someone else can.

>>90966133
See
>>90965440
>Rape
>Forced sexual intercourse including both psychological coercion as well as physical force. Forced sexual intercourse means vaginal, anal or oral penetration by the offender (s). This category also includes incidents where the penetration is from a foreign object such as a bottle. Includes attempted rapes, male as well as female victims, and both heterosexual and same sex rape. Attempted rape includes verbal threats of rape.

It can be objects, too. So someone could theoretically be sticking stuff up dudes' butts or riding their faces.
>>
>>90966133
Caribbean country-dweller here, can confirm
>>
>>90966177
>There are a lot of statistics that emphasize how little rape actually gets reported
There's a few things wrong with that, bud.

>not reported
So that means these statistics were likely gotten from self-reported surveys from "mostly college age women" as you said earlier

>rape
Since the "non-reported rapes" never went through official channels, the definition of what was a rape was left up to the person who answered the survey
>>
>>90965158
>Look, I'm really not sure you're getting this at all. How about I fuck you then not call so you're motivated to study hard and succeed on your own like that Sal woman who is always sitting near you?
>>
>>90966568
>the definition of what was a rape was left up to the person who answered the survey
You cannot assume this without reading the surveys in question; most sociological stuff defines its terms alright.
>>
>>90966797
If sociologist soft-science schmucks have learned anything in the past election cycle, I hope that it is that PEOPLE LIE ON SURVEYS.

Surveys are about as valid as lie-detector tests. Can they sometimes reveal a truth, or at least point to an explanation? Sure. Should they ever be used to inform legal decisions or honest discourse? No.
>>
When you discuss real-world serious topics like this in a work of fiction, you have a responsibility to portray them in a reasonably realistic and mature way.

Rape on college campuses is a real and wideapread problem. I don't take issue with Willis making it a factor in this comic about college.

I don't take issue with him making it one of the longer-running plotlines, because it's one of the more important ones and deserves more time to develop than most.

I don't take issue with him having Joyce not report the incident right away. Even though objectively it might have ended the plotline quicker, it makes sense from a statistically realistic standpoint (if you accept the fact that many rapes/attempted rapes go unreported, I know that not everyone here does) AND from a character perspective. That party was still one of the very first shocking things to happen to Joyce at college, one of the first things that started to break her innocent and sheltered worldview.

I don't even take (much issue with the Amazi-Girl smackdown at the DeSanto rally. Given the pre-established presence of a vigilante fighter on campus, it makes sense that she'd want to do her best to get evidence of Ryan and take him down if possible when they coincidentally happened to be in the same place at the same time.

What I do take issue with is how, now that they have a decent amount of evidence and leads (a first name, a picture, a fairly unique defining characteristic, and even potentially an employer), that the main characters are relying on social media and word-of-mouth to catch him instead of taking what they have to the police and having everyone involved testify. That's the responsible and frankly probably more effective thing to do, but Willis is going to continue pandering to the idea that vigilante justice and social media is infinitely more effective than the useless patriarchal authorities could ever be.

He's not just a shit writer, he's creating an irresponsible social model
>>
>>90962348
You fucking people are the biggest goddamned retards on the face of the planet.

You steal content from a guy who has literally not done a single thing to you for the purpose of coming back here over and over just to endless complain about it. The only way it could be any worse is if the writer wasn't a retarded manchild with a sycophantic fanbase of cocksuckers.

Everything about this comic and everyone who reads it are fucking insane.
>>
>>90967195
> Responsibility
Lol no. Freedom works like this:
Writers write what they want.
If it sucks, no one buys it.
>>
>>90969157

Hide the thread and move on, autist.
>>
>>90969157
you're the one who wrote a whole paragraph about it faggot
>>
>>90969157

>The only way it could be any worse is if the writer wasn't a retarded manchild with a sycophantic fanbase of cocksucker.

But he is a retarded manchild with a sycophantic fanbase of cocksuckers. So...
>>
>>90969157
Go to bed Cerberus
>>
>>90963824
>My girlfriend wants me to ask for help in math
This is the most embarrassing thing I think I've ever seen someone say.
>>
>>90969157
>becomes the very thing you hate

You probably should look at the mirror and check yourself, silly ass. I was just making an innocent comment. Fuck
>>
>>90964817
I think it really shows how much Willis scrambles for punchlines. That was all just throwaway lead in so the last strip could "be funny."
>>
>>90957552
Willis doesn't just fetishize LGBT issues for cheap internet cred and praise, he does it with mental health issues as well. Hence why Ruth and Amber are packaged as Quirky for their violent and self-destructive tendencies.
>>
>>90969157
>group of anons shoot the shit about a terrible comic they all probably liked at one point for some reason
>t. spurg shows up to tell us our way of community is wrong and we're the retards
>t. Spurg writes over a paragraph of complaints when he could just hid the thread

Sure buddy.
>>
>>90964156
Then why the hell does /pol/ get away with so much shitposting round here?
>>
>>90966177
Well you have to distinguish between the rate of rapes (how many people are raped in a given year); which seems to be what the cited document is talking about, and the stock of rapes (how many people in the population have been raped sometime in their life) which is where the oft-cited 1-in-4 or 1-in-5 figure comes from.
>>
>>90972244
>My surrogate-mom wants me to ask for help in math
>>
>>90974855
>My surrogate-mom-with-benefits wants me to ask for help in math
ftfy
>>
>>90964936
The figures vary a lot, from 2 to 30% if you filter out the studies that are obviously full of shit the consensus seems to be its around 5%. Not great but less than the rate for a lot of other crimes
>>
>>90974890
Truth. I kinda think of Dorothy as Walky's nanny.
>>
>>90964156

Why the hell would they ban for that? It's perfectly on-topic considering the comic and the views it and its readers espouse.

Seems like an excuse.
>>
>>90974890
>My surrogate mom/sibling-analogue with benefits wants me to ask for help in math

Double fixed.

Walky has some pretty extensive, if low-key, issues when it comes to his family.

>>90972719
How about Dina, who he refuses to clarify her obviously being on the autism spectrum?
>>
>>90962930
>This a fucking witch hunt
It's only a "witch hunt" if there aren't any witches.
>>
>>90962930
You sound like a rapist, Anon.
>>
>>90962930
>This isn't justice! This a fucking witch hunt. The only reason Willis' retard fanbase accepts this is because they KNOW he's an attempted racist.
And so do the characters pushing that the hardest.
>>
>>90976935
What do you call a hunt involving actual witches then?
>>
File: 1455342057108.png (150KB, 600x771px) Image search: [Google]
1455342057108.png
150KB, 600x771px
>>90977050
Divine judgement?
>>
>>90977434
Does Carla float like a duck?
>>
>>90977592
>implying Carla isn't the corrupt cardinal, grown fat on the selling of indulgences, tithes, and confiscation of property, leading the witch hunt so that she might gain more wealth
>>
>>90963230
>Over a fourth of women will get raped sometime in their lives.
It's more like 1/16.
>>
>>90966568
>Since the "non-reported rapes" never went through official channels, the definition of what was a rape was left up to the person who answered the survey
Worse, it's usually left up to the people who created the survey. Who, in terms of surveys about rape, are often hardcore feminists with an agenda.

Who will then happily class things such as consensual sex people later regretted, or consensual sex people had when they were drunk, or sex which happened with no clear, verbal consent all as rape. They will go through survey answers from people who don't consider themselves to have been raped, and class them as having been raped according to their definition of the terms.

This is exactly how they got the "1 in 4".
>>
>>90962930
>an attempted racist
How does that work?
>>
>>90978031
Worse still, the oft repeated "1 in 4" statistic makes more women question if they are a part of that sizable minority.

Might make some change a past encounter from the "mistake" category to the "rape" category in their subconscious.
>>
>>90978092
He was trying to burn down the African-American Methodist church but torched the regular Methodist church instead, now everyone thinks he's just an edgy atheist instead of a white supremacist.
>>
>>90977816
Man, they're citing their shit at least. Step up.
>>
>>90978092
Lol, I meant Rapist
>>
>>90964104
>>90974855
>>90974890
>>90976775
It's a huge bummer for me that Walky can't take a more personally motivated angle on figuring out this stuff. I get that he's a manchild who doesn't know how to work hard, but if this turns out that he just relies on his hardworking girlfriend/surrogate sister/surrogate mother and never really learns any work ethic I'll be disappointed.
>>
>>90979374
I don't know if he even meant to imply it, but I really think the idea that Walky is using Dorothy to help fill the void in his life when his sister was sent away and is trying to vicariously recapture their closeness as kids through his and Dorothy's love of cartoons.

Really though, Sal and Walky need more screentime together that doesn't revolve around Sal's relationship with their parents.
>>
File: 2012-03-12-sshh[1].png (268KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-03-12-sshh[1].png
268KB, 1000x333px
>>90979671
Yeah, Dorothy is basically Walky's third sister figure, since Billie is basically a sister to him as well.

>Really though, Sal and Walky need more screentime together that doesn't revolve around Sal's relationship with their parents.
Yeah, Walky has paid lip service to the idea that he wants to be closer with Sal, but it hasn't panned out at all. Although to be fair the last time he tried, she shut him out pretty bad.

He has basically rekindled his friendship with Billie, though.
>>
>>90979903
I wouldn't go as far as to say he's rekindled his friendship with Billie, it's more that she's being less openly hostile and dismissive of him. Both of them, especially Billie, have a long way to go before you could say they're friends again.

You'd think Walky's trouble with math would be a natural point for Sal and Walky to reconnect.
>>
>>90974890
>>90975716
>>90979903
>mother
>nanny
>sister
>lover
So we can agree that Walky's tryst with Dotty is both kinky as fuck and doomed to fail, right?

It might take a decade, but I'll bet good futures money that DoA Walky still ends up with Joyce.
>>
>>90980053
It's not kinky as fuck because all that shit is either subtextual or low-key. If you want it to be kinky as fuck you're gonna have to write or draw it yourself then link it to us.

Billie/Walky would be a better endgame. Joyce better plays off Joe, Jacob (from what little we've got from them), and Sarah.
>>
>>90980053
Willis is too fucking vanilla to go full MD/LB so it isn't really kinky.

I bet Joe being tied down while Roz rode him was really out there to him,
>>
File: joycevssal.png (788KB, 700x875px) Image search: [Google]
joycevssal.png
788KB, 700x875px
>>90948351
>Joyce flooring a dude twice her size
I thought they didn't have superpowers in this universe. Not that I'm complaining, it's still pretty hot.
>>
>>90980337
Seriously how did his art actually get worse over time? This looks pretty alright.

Unless this is fanart cause image search found jack shit.
>>
>>90980620

>Effort = Time
>Time = Money
>Money = Transformers
>>
>>90980620
Nah, it's a Willy original, but it probably took him the better part of a week to draw and polish back in 2002 or whenever.

It's current year now. Ain't nobody got time for that.
>>
>>90980620
It was a limited Edition print Willis made to go with the story arc back in 2002.
>>
>>90980337
>Hair looks like hair with slight detail and nice colours while still being simplified
>Eyes look like eyes
>Decent, if blocky, hands
>Small proportions, while not being full on shortstacks
>Not a single gumline in sight

Would this Willis hate the current Willis?
>>
>>90980725
Would that mean More Effort = More Transformers?
>>
>>90981245

It means he's reached a point where he can produce a large amount of a crappy product in a short amount of time for more profit than he's ever made before.

His buffer isn't really impressive. He shits out these comics with minimal effort and brags about it.
>>
>>90980337
Which universe did Joyce have superpowers in, and is that series worth reading?
>>
>>90981310
Yeah, Howard Taylor maintains his buffer while putting out a better quality product while Jeph Jacques matches on his output while only spending two or three hours a day working.
>>
>>90981541
At least Willis can update every day. What's Jeph's excuse?
>>
>>90981839
His stab wounds act up when the weather changes.
>>
>>90972244
>>90974855
>>90974890
>>90975716
>>90976775
>>90979374
>>90979671
>>90979903
>>90979980
>>90980053
>>90980140
>>90980208
Don't forget: Walky is a characterization of David Willis' own childishness, while Dorothy is a representation of the kind of person that Willis seeks to become.

Which means that Willis wants to grow up and fuck his inner child.
>>
>>90981532
it's walky. I think that is being rehosted by willis on another sight right now but it can probably be found easy enough. I didn't read too much of it but I know early on it looks really shitty and it can still be melodramatic even when it improves,
>>
>>90982045
http://itswalky.com/
He's been reuploading higher-resolution copies of the old It's Walky strips for some time now.
>>
>>90982272
Nice. It's probably not going to be too great, but I'll save this for later.
>>
>>90981996
>Which means that Willis wants to grow up and fuck his inner child.

Alright, point me in the direction of a westaboo fujoshi with poor taste who works for cheap.
>>
>>90982342
We've come to find that "It's Walky" suffers from being a creation of David Willis, but comes at a time when Willis was not afraid to be uncomfortable. He was willing to write stories that actually affected his characters, up to and including actually killing characters off. He also knew when to separate comedic antics from terse drama and not shove in a punchline at the last minute.

Again, it's not the greatest thing you'll ever read, but it shows the potential for mastery that Willis once held. Now he's comfortable in his niche.
>>
File: Faggot Living Church.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Faggot Living Church.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>>90969157
>>
>>90978260
>he's just an edgy atheist instead of a white supremacist.

Has he filmed himself shoving a banana up his ass?
>>
>>90982657
Yeah, but in a not gay kind of way.
>>
>>90981532
"It's Walky!"

> is that series worth reading?
Kinda... And that's me saying it as someone who read it and loved it back in it's hey-day. It picks up from Willis' first webcomic "Roomies" (Which is basically proto-Dumbing of Age) where Joyce was a 1-dimensional yandere joke. Moving into It's Walky, she's an amnesiac and over the course of the comic goes through a roller-coaster of character development. If you can force yourself through the first half or so, the art gets a lot better. Joe joining the cast also marks the point where the story geta a lot more interesting, too.
>>
>>90983100
>proto-Dumbing of Age
I'd say it's more like a PG-rated DOA, since it was intended to be in a college newspaper and I doubt he could touch on the topics that he's unfortunately chosen to tackle in the modern DOA. I haven't read "Roomies", though, so I don't actually know how deep it gets.

But yeah, "Roomies" leads into "It's Walky", which then leads into both "Joyce and Walky" (which itself leads into "It's Pregnancy") and "Shortpacked". "Dumbing of Age" is a pseudo-reboot; it takes place in college just as "Roomies" did, but it strives to avoid replicating the other universe of Willis comics, or the "Walkyverse" as it's called.

Speaking of which, we still don't have a name for the Dumbing of Age universe.
>>
>>90966797

Flipside is maybe the survey defines it even worse than the respondents would.

> Did he ever ask for sex again after you said no once?
>>
>>90983459
Everyone on the comic's comments section calls it the Dumbiverse.
>>
>>90983497
I'm surprised Willis isn't against it because it implies the universe is Dumb.

"Dumbiverse" it is, then.
>>
File: 1490242595270.png (360KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1490242595270.png
360KB, 1000x333px
>>90963824
>>
>>90964936
I'm pretty sure I remember part of the reason was Sarah was worried about being the black kid who just hit the white kid with a baseball bat. Which is honestly kind of understandable.
>>
File: I can smash to this.jpg (37KB, 465x346px) Image search: [Google]
I can smash to this.jpg
37KB, 465x346px
>>90983642
generic british guy stirring the pot?
>>
>>90964936
>Realistically, Ryan would have got away with this in the real world.
If the events in the comic unfolded in a real-world scenario, then Ryan would be comatose if not permanently brain damaged.
>>
>>90983642
>not editing Jason to have a massive bulge
>not editing Walky to have a tiny erection
>>
>>90976775
Though honestly it's refreshing that at least he didn't make her another damn asexual+autism stereotype. Still pisses me off whenever people in the comments are "oh well maybe she's grey ace demisexual helicopter" jesus fucking christ people please just accept that people don't have to be neurotypical to have an average sex drive.
>>
File: YeahISeeYou.gif (989KB, 250x195px) Image search: [Google]
YeahISeeYou.gif
989KB, 250x195px
>>90983642
Wait a minute...
Sal has trouble in math, hair goes curly
Walky has trouble in math hair goes curly

Sal gets help from Danny
Walky gets help from Dorothy

Sal gets frustrated during tutoring with Jason and bones him
Walky gets frustrated during tutoring with Jason and bones him!?
>>
>>90983743
>Sarah clobbers Ryan with the bat
>in the commotion Ryan manages to stumble off
>barely conscious, Ryan falls into a ditch where he succumbs to his head injury
>Joyce and co. swear themselves to silence, not knowing Ryan is already dead
>Ryan gets listed as a missing person, his frat, the DeSanto campaign, and the university all come together for a massive search campaign
>Joyce is forced to admit the truth but can offer no proof, just shaky eyewitness testimony
>keeps Sarah's attack a secret to prevent anything bad from happening to her
>campus split on whether to believe Joyce, she receives harassment and support in equal measure
>Ryan's corpse is found with obvious trauma
>everyone thinks Amazi-Girl did it
>>
>>90983789
Does Dina have to have autism? You can have zero social skills without being on the spectrum.
>>
>>90983747
Pretty sure Walky's dick is canonically bigger than Jason's little wrinkly pinky
>>
>>90984055
I don't actually give a shit if she's autistic or not. And I get that the asexual people in the comments want representation. But there are less problematic places they could be looking for it.
>>
>>90984086
Yeah you think bazinga man would've killed that meme dead already but I guess not.
>>
>>90964104
Not only that, remember, their hairs both afro'd after they got bad test scores.

And Willis was even like "I get that it's problematic but since I did it to Sal it'd be even more problematic not to do it to Walky" - why not just not fucking do it in the first place? I get that he wanted to do the hair thing with her fucked up relationship with her parents but he could have had her hair end like that from something more reasonably physical to cause it.
>>
>>90983789
It's like they're unable to get the concept of someone not pursuing relationships or sex having a normal sex drive. Even if she did want to fuck everyone in the cast Becky is one of the few people who don't infantilize her.
>>
>>90984028
>the DeSanto campaign
I doubt they'd get involved, as it was more or less implied that Ryan was a temp hire for the midnight rally that happened at midnight for no reason.

But yeah, Ryan being clocked twice upside the head with a baseball bat and visibly dripping blood should have sent him to a hospital, not Out Of The Story Until Needed For Dramatic Effect.
>>
>>90984371
He was stated to be an intern.
>>
>>90980053

DOA is truly the UN of Mental Illnesses
>>
>people actually read this shit and care where the plot goes
You know this makes you worse than Willis, right?
>>
File: 2016-06-09-frieda.png (410KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-06-09-frieda.png
410KB, 1000x333px
>>90984495
Yes, but I think this strip tries to imply the interns are just local hires.

Or Willis doesn't know how to elaborate on details like that? I don't really care enough to argue about it. All I know is that Willis thinks unimportant details are more necessary than logical plot progressions.
>>
>>90984139
>"I get that it's problematic but since I did it to Sal it'd be even more problematic not to do it to Walky"
It's more problematic that he did do it to Walky, because at least Sal's hair is naturally like that, while Walky's is naturally straight at anything except the shortest lengths. You could argue the Sal version was bad, but I think it was just a decent twist on hair going wild when a bad thing happens. It becomes bad when the logic falls apart, which is what happens with Walky.

He should've just had it stand on end for Walky, like he'd do if that was a thing he did with straight hair.
>>
File: 1467273489602.jpg (103KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1467273489602.jpg
103KB, 1000x1000px
>>90980337

That's, actually not bad. I actually like Sal's expression

So the universe with super powers looks more realistic than the universe that ostensibly is supposed to be realistic

Willis was still a shitty human being
>>
>>90981214

Even current Willis would hate current Willis
>>
File: Thats kind of hot.jpg (8KB, 196x143px) Image search: [Google]
Thats kind of hot.jpg
8KB, 196x143px
>>90981996
>Willis wants to grow up and fuck his inner child.
>>
File: DavidWillisShortpacked.png (13KB, 256x248px) Image search: [Google]
DavidWillisShortpacked.png
13KB, 256x248px
>>90984713
kek
>>
I don't know if any anons are still on about rape statistics, but the 1 in 4 thing is only true if you combine all cases of rape and classify them as a single crime. In same states, it's like saying that one in four women will have sex after having two beers, because that is her being raped by the literal definition of law. When they talk about "massive under-reporting" it's usually that a lot of women don't call the police on their boyfriends after having consensual sex that could legally be construed as sex.

There are cases of women not reporting rape, or there are cases where people have sex and the woman may not have been clear if she really intended it to happen. But actual incidents of rape where a woman is drugged or incidents where violence is involved is pretty rare. Absolutely, 1 in 4 women have not had roofies slipped in their drinks at the bar. Rohypnol would be a booming drug trade crushing opiods by light years if that were true.
>>
>>90980337
>Back in a time when Willis' characters could actually achieve non-default facial expressions that didn't look like twisted faces of agony writhing in the perpetual Hell he's created for them
>A time when they had hands that weren't wracked with boneitis
>A time when their eyes were still in their sockets and not shrivelled into black beads floating an inch in front of their face
>A time before the soft tissue of their noses decomposed like a rotting corpse, leaving only a hole and the bone covered by skin
>>
>>90984015
We can hope
>>
>>90981996
It's telling that his ideal life situation is being a quirky college lady with his current and Enlightened middle-aged dude mind.
>>
>>90984963
I think the thread's tapered off of the subject for now, but worry not. Rapin' Ryan is still out there, so we're not done with the topic for good.

Not by a long shot.
>>
>>90983657
I remember it as someone accusing her of having that motivation, and she said it was untrue. I agree that it would be understandable, though.

>>90984157
Before I realized I was pretty much never sexually attracted to people, I tried to go out with guys, and they always worried about ~corrupting~ me. So I got rejected by people who would have otherwise been compatible with me. But they thought that I was corruptible when I was 18 and 19. It's BS, and I'm at my happiest when I'm being treated on the same level as other people.

>>90984606
>Or Willis doesn't know how to elaborate on details like that?
Willis is allergic to doing research that doesn't involve drawing backgrounds at IU.

>>90984963
In my research, rape and sexual assault were defined pretty consistently. The majority of the surveys I looked at were designed by government organizations, so the definitions seemed close across the board.

Rape is categorized as a violent crime, according to the Bureau of Justice. And they define sexual assault as a broader term than rape. Sexual assault can include harassment--verbal and physical--while rape is forced penetration.

I would guess that nearly every woman is verbally harassed in her life. Way higher than 1 in 4. It really depends on if we're talking about rape, sexual assault, etc.

>>90985644
He probably enjoyed the lack of accountability he had when he was cruising around college.
>>
>>90985644
The fact that he wants to be Dorothy in the first place is somewhat unsettling.

But Willis has said that every character in DoA represents some aspect of himself. Amber is his anger, Ruth/Billie are his alcoholism, Joyce is his sexual/religious frustrations, Ethan is his joy of fandom, etc. Danny is how Willis sees himself in the Roomies era, and has said that he very much dislikes the kind of person Danny is, similar in a way to how he initially created Mary as his dream girl only to realize he didn't actually like girls with her personality.

So when Dorothy breaks up with Danny to fuck Walky, while Danny goes and fucks Amber only to end up gay for Ethan, you have Willis' aspirations breaking up with Willis' past to go fuck Willis' childishness, while Willis' past self-image goes to fuck Willis' anger issues, then stand around to be buttfucked by Willis' fandom love. Meanwhile, Willis' alcoholism is fucking itself because it's so sloshed it's seeing double.
>>
Has willis had his Jeph Jacques style bad ally moment yet? If not what do you think it will be and how do you think he'll lose it?
>>
>>90985882
>Amber is his anger, Ruth/Billie are his alcoholism, Joyce is his sexual/religious frustrations, Ethan is his joy of fandom, etc. Danny is how Willis sees himself in the Roomies era, and has said that he very much dislikes the kind of person Danny is, similar in a way to how he initially created Mary as his dream girl only to realize he didn't actually like girls with her personality.
>So when Dorothy breaks up with Danny to fuck Walky, while Danny goes and fucks Amber only to end up gay for Ethan, you have Willis' aspirations breaking up with Willis' past to go fuck Willis' childishness, while Willis' past self-image goes to fuck Willis' anger issues, then stand around to be buttfucked by Willis' fandom love. Meanwhile, Willis' alcoholism is fucking itself because it's so sloshed it's seeing double.
This is absolutely worthy of the psychology section of the Doc. Adding it now.
>>
>>90986023
You're welcome.
I just wish Willis had made a full list of which characters apply to what traits.

Which reminds me, Mike is supposedly representative of what Willis wishes to say to others but never has the courage to actually vocalize. So I guess his desire to speak freely and without consequence also wants to bone his love of fandom.

Actually, that kind of makes sense.
>>
>>90985871
>I would guess that nearly every woman is verbally harassed in her life
As is every man.
>The majority of the surveys I looked at were designed by government organizations, so the definitions seemed close across the board
Man, the states can't even agree on an age of consent, do you honestly think there is some golden, infallible definition of rape the government keeps in it's back pocket for fucking surveys run by third parties? How naive are you?
>>
>>90985882
Which does Carla represent and does he want to bone it
>>
>>90986149
It's pretty explicitly stated here on the Bureau of Justice's website. And it more or less matches with what the other studies I saw used as definitions.

>>90965440

>Rape

>Sexual assault
>A wide range of victimizations, separate from rape or attempted rape. These crimes include attacks or attempted attacks generally involving unwanted sexual contact between victim and offender. Sexual assaults may or may not involve force and include such things as grabbing or fondling. Sexual assault also includes verbal threats.

>Violence
>Rape, sexual assault, personal robbery or assault. This category includes both attempted and completed crimes. It does not include purse snatching and pocket picking. Murder is not measured by the NCVS because of an inability to question the victim. Completed violence - The sum of all completed rapes, sexual assaults, robberies, and assaults. See individual crime types for definition of completed crimes.

>Attempted/threatened violence
>The unsuccessful attempt of rape, sexual assault, personal robbery or assault. Includes attempted attacks or sexual assaults by means of verbal threats. See individual crime types for definition of attempted crimes.
>>
>>90986263
That's the problem. Like I said in >>90986023, he didn't give analogies to every character, so people like Sarah and Joe and Carla are unknown.

Though come to think of it, I'd almost chalk up Sarah as being a representation of Willis' avoidance of public spaces and of social settings, at least based on how he portrays her. As for Carla, I'm not sure what to make of her. I'm tempted to say that she's almost a Manic Pixie Dream Girl for Willis, with a dash of virtue signalling for the fuck of it.
>>
>>90986115
>>90986263
http://itswalky.tumblr.com/post/44925990876/whats-your-opinion-of-danny-your-comments-on-the

>I haven’t thought of Danny as an author avatar in quite some time at this point. I don’t think there’s much of me left in him, any more. He’s firmly become his own pile of traits which I don’t really identify with. I couldn’t point at any specific character as my current author avatar. They all take things from me on some level. Joyce is a collection of my sexual and religious insecurities. Ethan is the jerk part of me that interacts with fandom. Amber is my frustration and rage, Dina is my struggle to understand human interaction, Walky is my childishness, Ruth and Billie are my self-destructive tendencies and depression, and Mike says what I want to say but don’t.

>Some day, I hope I will be Dorothy. That is my end game. But I still have lots of stuff to work out first.

Summarized:
>Danny = Willis' past that he no longer identifies with
>Joyce = Willis' sexual and religious insecurities
>Ethan = Willis' fandom interactions
>Amber = Willis' frustrations and rage
>Dina = Willis' inabilities to understand human interactions
>Walky = Willis' childish tendencies
>Ruth (and Billis?) = Willis' self-destruction and depression
>Mike = Willis' repressed thoughts and comments
>Dorothy = Willis' ideal self he wishes to become

If you go down to page 29 on the Doc, you can see the theorizing I did and some other contributions to the ideas. I'm the long-winded one.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SNqEtHsg_a2zm0ryB0rG8CzTLEVitftj4kQZ_Kg-Hsg/edit?usp=sharing
>>
File: McHotShotpyramid.jpg (263KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
McHotShotpyramid.jpg
263KB, 900x675px
>>90986263
Carla represents his desire to fuck a Transformer, obviously.

She's his OC insert in place of his true husbando, Hot Shot.
>>
>>90986330
You really haven't actually read any of the replies to your posts, have you? I can't believe you're making me filter posts containing "bjs"
>>
>>90986392
As the guy who wrote the summary and who has been relatively obsessed with this aspect of DoA as a sort-of self therapy, I'll never get over the typo where I wrote Billie's name as "Billis".
>>
>>90986434
That website has the best, most concise definitions, and they are incredibly similar to the definitions posited in other surveys. I figured I'd give y'all the one that was the easiest to read.

When a survey like that is done by a government organization or academics, they do their best to ensure that survey-takers are aware of the guidelines and definitions so they can keep the results correlated across the board.

I studied psychology and sociology and understand the importance of a good study. I would wager that the wavering statistics (even the 1 in 4 women one, now that I've looked over these multiple studies) are in large part due to less professional surveys. After looking at all the surveys I looked through, I think this is the most helpful set of statistics (from your favorite site):

>In 1994-98, the rate of rape or sexual assault victimization for females living in urban areas (5.1 per 1,000) was higher than the rate for females in suburban (3.9 per 1,000) and rural (3.9 per 1,000) areas. In 2005-10 this pattern reversed, and the rate of sexual violence for females in rural areas (3.0 per 1,000) was higher than the rate of sexual violence for females in urban (2.2 per 1,000) and suburban (1.8 per 1,000) areas.

If you or anyone else wants to do the math on it, go ahead.
>>
>>90985871
>He probably enjoyed the lack of accountability he had when he was cruising around college.

Funny how he now wants LISTEN and BELIEVE. He's like a Baby Boomer, bragging about how good he had it while insisting no one else can ever have it that way again.
>>
>>90986645
You go on and on about these surveys, but don't address the efficacy of the process. Do you honestly think that because a definition was posted on a website that everyone taking and giving any survey posted to it followed that definition?

You're even losing your grip on the point yourself with your "most helpful set of statistics" there, which have nothing to do with rape, but instead are sexual assault statistics (and I'll take you at your word that they are reported assaults). Did you even read your own copypasta?
>>
>>90986853
Generally, when surveys are done--as in actual, legitimate studies--they aren't just posted online. These studies are generally done with a scientific process, not SurveyMonkey.

A lot of the statistics are not clearly stated in some of the reports, so that's why I'm rolling with the 2.2/1,000 and 1.8/1,000.

If we assume that the results are true in that 67% of rapes aren't reported (this is consistent across the board), then we should be able to do some multiplication to get an actual statistic.
>>
>>90986948
>If we assume that the results are true in that 67% of rapes aren't reported (this is consistent across the board)
I'm certain everyone's objection hinges on this little bullshit nugget, and I'm pretty positive that you would have explained that statistic by posting the BoJS copypasta again if I hadn't guessed it ahead of time.
>>
File: MY_MOM.png (353KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
MY_MOM.png
353KB, 1000x333px
So when Walky says "MY MOM" in this strip...

Is he referring to his fuck-mom Dorothy? Orrrrr....
>>
>>90987161

>using tvtropes speak

this enrages me more than any of willis's self-righteous narcissism
>>
>>90987161
This stripe is alright. I like the joke. Pretty on point.
>>
>>90987161
>https://www.rainn.org/statistics/criminal-justice-system
The only realistic panel is the 4th one.

I'd say the 3rd one is, but it's not even halfway through the semester yet. He can still skate by with a 90 if he tries really hard.
>>
>>90987161
I'm amazed willis' comment section hasn't picked up on the
>implications
Of Sal and Walky being the ones failing math.
>>
>>90987240
Well, at least it's not like they're trying to make the swim team. Willis is a little more subtle than that.
>>
>>90987161
>deadline for dropping a course without a penalty
>October
I'm gonna have to look this up, but I'm pretty sure Walky still has until November, even in this fucked up timeline where school begins the last week of August for some reason.

>David Walkerton, correct?
How did he know that? Is he assuming he's Sal's brother based on the color of their skin? That's racist.

>It's too late to course correct to an "A".
Not necessarily. It's still halfway through the semester, and in large lecture hall courses like this, the big grade-makers are the midterms and finals. If Walky aces his midterm, his final, and the rest of his homework, he should still be able to get an "A", even if it's a low "A".

Also, the password is "deadline".
>>
>>90987186
Thank you. I fucking hate when people use terms from TV Tropes when they're not on TV Tropes.
>>
>>90987161
>I'm a smart boy
>Adorkable
Fucking kill me.

I know he's been flunking quizzes, but I wouldn't have guessed those would be substantial enough to prevent getting an A. They seem like weekly deals, and those don't usually end up being that much of your grade each.

Jason is doing a really shitty job of TAing, though.

>>90987273
>How did he know that? Is he assuming he's Sal's brother based on the color of their skin? That's racist.
He has approached Walky before about his shitty grades.
>>
>>90987186
>>90987326
I don't frequent TV Tropes, so I'm not sure what Willis did wrong here. Pls explain.
>>
>>90987350
>He has approached Walky before about his shitty grades.
Got the strip?

Because I find that unlikely to happen, at least in a real-world setting.
>>
>>90987161
Walky, why do you want an A? You can't settle for a B? It's just as good..... kinda.
>>
File: 2015-09-27-admirably[1].png (354KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-09-27-admirably[1].png
354KB, 1000x333px
>>90987386

>>90987394
If he keeps being that annoying, I think he's just gonna get a big british D.
>>
>>90987161
I find it weird that all of a sudden he cares what his mom thinks of his grades. Like this thought didn't occur to him before Dorothy figured it out?
>>
>>90987426
Walky is THAT stupid.
>>
>>90987410
>Well I fucked your sister, might as well fuck you to...
>>
>>90987367
They think tvtropes invented "adorkable"
>>
>>90987367
Using the word "Adorkable", a term used on TV Tropes to refer to someone who's lovably nerdy. Using TV Tropes terms really rubs me the wrong way because people who do it just tend to have opinions on fiction and humor and speaking that I just hate.
>>
>>90987161
>>90987273
Okay, so here's the Indiana University calendar:
https://studentcentral.indiana.edu/calendar/official-calendar/index.html?term=4168&impDates=1

And the last day to drop courses with an "automatic W" [1], in a school year that begins on 22 August, is 23 October. As we've seen, we are only within the first week of October in the Dumbiverse, so even adjusting the dates to accommodate for the later class start would still allow Walky plenty of time to withdraw from the course.

[1] - "You’ll get a 'W' (withdrawn) on your transcript for any class you drop. Note that if your instructor gives you an F because you were found to have committed an act of academic misconduct, you’ll still get that F rather than an automatic W even if you withdraw before the automatic W deadline. Withdrawing from a class doesn’t protect you from the consequences of academic misconduct." (https://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/dropping-adding/late-drop-add.html)

>>90987410
Ah, thank you.
I still find this unbelievable, though. I don't think TA's know which students are which unless they're approached by them first. Did Walky ever make first contact with Jason, or whatever Bowtie Sam's name is?
>>
>>90987161
I like this strip a lot more then the last few days for some reason. Although "Adorkable" kinda sours it a little with how dumb a word that is.
>>
>>90987161
Spoiler alert

Mom sees the report card sighs and goes "Damn, and here I thought you- out of both of my children- would have been less of a dumb nigger"
>>
>>90987518

What kind of opinions?
>>
>>90987273
>>90987350

He's also been skipping class for weeks. I had courses back in college that would fail you on the spot if you missed the amount of time he has.
>>
>>90987548
You are partially wrong. His mom would forget that Sal even exists.
>>
>>90987548
"I even married one of the good ones."

Willis isn't that edgy though.
>>
>>90987515

Did they not? I never heard the term before it showed up there.
>>
>>90987515
>>90987518
Huh. I used to use that word in the mid-2000s, and I definitely hadn't heard of TV Tropes yet. I thought people just stopped using it because it was an old, 'lame' term.

Smells like autism to get upset over that.
>>
>>90987572
I dunno about weeks. All I've seen are days.
But regardless, he's in a lecture hall kind of course where attendance matters far less than actually turning in your homework on time.
>>
File: 2012-12-31-diddlin[1].png (383KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-31-diddlin[1].png
383KB, 1000x333px
>>90987522
>Did Walky ever make first contact with Jason, or whatever Bowtie Sam's name is?
There's this one.

>>90987572
He skipped twice, once by accident early on when he and Dorothy slept in, and once where he freaked out and ran around.
>>
>>90987223
>but it's not even halfway through the semester yet
It would have to be to be unable to drop without receiving a grade. Unless it's different wherever Willisland is.
>>
>>90987571
They are all about cliches. Using them in a really "cool" self-aware way, or obviously subverting them. Basically trying to be low-rent Joss Whedons.
>>
>>90987650
Ehh, it's not really "first contact". They aren't even talking.
But I suppose they're at least in the same frame as each other.
>>
>>90987650
>He skipped twice, once by accident early on when he and Dorothy slept in, and once where he freaked out and ran around.
He freaked out and ran around twice.

The first time, he said he was going to the bathroom. Then, he got caught by Becky and Dina who were having a smooch picnic.

The second time is the one where he used the Rapture excuse and hid with Amber and Ethan.

If Dina was with the group the second time, why wasn't she with them the first time?
>>
>>90987700
>>90987650
>>90987522
http://www.dumbingofage.com/tag/jason+walky/
>>
File: 2017-03-14-rapture[1].png (449KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-14-rapture[1].png
449KB, 1000x333px
>>90987731
>The second time is the one where he used the Rapture excuse and hid with Amber and Ethan.
Then he went to class. He didn't skip. That's today in the strip.
>>
File: 1489688414989.gif (358KB, 500x357px) Image search: [Google]
1489688414989.gif
358KB, 500x357px
Is it true that Jeph Jacques has basically rebooted his shitty comic by making it exactly the same, except with "New" Characters?
>>
>>90987761
Still no actual point of introduction between Jason and Walky before these newest strips.

So that's that, I guess.

>>90987820
From what I've heard, that might be the case. I haven't actually checked in a while, mostly because every time I drop into /qcg/ there's always some new character already balls deep in a plotline I don't actually care to read about.

I miss the days when all we wanted was Marten to fuck the tranny.
>>
>>90987820
Uh, no?

Jeph is doing QC. His other stuff is unrelated (Indie Tits, DORD, Alice Grove).

David Willis is unabashedly rebooting his stuff with the same characters.
>>
File: deadline.png (400KB, 1112x652px) Image search: [Google]
deadline.png
400KB, 1112x652px
>>90987273
Hey password anon, Patreanon here.

Sadly, Willis has taken the fun out of your password hunts since the latest Patreon page-format update makes it impossible to view a picture in full-res unless you view it in a new tab.

This forced Willy to start revealing the "passwords" on his Patreon a few days ago. So, yeah. I'll start titling my strip titles the "password" if y'all prefer, or I could just title them like I always have and leave it a mystery until the strip posts on the main site.

Let me know what you'd prefer, anons.
>>
>>90987858
>Jeph is doing QC
Yeah, but the focus is now on Clinton and instead of everyone getting a job at the coffee shop, they get one at the OTHER coffee shop.

Essentially an internal reboot, since he can't write anything else
>>
>>90987904
Either/or is fine. I've been slacking on finding the passwords recently thanks to school shit starting to pile up, so if you want to take that load off my face then be my guest.

Also
>$5,095 per month
Criminy.
>>
>>90987367

Besides what everyone else said, TVTropes is a massive fucking hugbox who hold Willis in almost as high regard as the posters on his site.

I tried debating why the whole Mary/Carla thing wasn't handled well. Might as well have been talking to gibbering apes.
>>
File: 1484287464312.png (280KB, 450x896px) Image search: [Google]
1484287464312.png
280KB, 450x896px
>>90987994
>mfw someone expressing that they "just want to study" triggers Willy sycophants irl
>>
>>90987904
>Walky has turned in poor quality work, and has skipped class
>It's too late to turn your final grade around to an A, you need to set your expectation a little lower
>WHAT A SHITHEAD, HOW DARE HE TELL HIM HE'S ALREADY FAILED AND SHOULD GIVE UP

Is Michelle working under the same "if you got a C+ then you're a failure" idea as Walky's mom?
>>
>>90987956
>$5,095 per month
>Criminy.
don't forget the pornbux he's getting from Slipshine
>>
>>90987628
Is this like, Moot getting buttmad about "I Can Has Cheezburger?" levels of autism?
>>
>>90987994
>>90988165
The actual reason is that they instituted a "no negativity" policy across the site. You literally cannot criticize anything.

>>90987905
I don't think Clinton has shown up in a while, it's just Black Faye, the autist, and buff retard.
>>
>>90987161
Isn't there a law or something preventing parents from seeing students grades unless the student themself decides to show them?
>>
>>90988208
What percent of the final grade do the assignments count for if less than a month of poor work keep you from getting an A?
>>
>>90987857
>Still no actual point of introduction between Jason and Walky before these newest strips.So that's that, I guess.
Eh, Jason met Sal, she talked Dorothy banging her idiot brother, he saw the names and connected the dots.
>>
>>90988403
Yes, assuming he's 18.
>>
>>90988403
>She asks to see his grades so she can be proud of him
>He immediatly crumples under pressure, falls to the ground, and begins crying about he got B
>>
>>90988403
Yep! It's a really serious legal offense. Look up FERPA if you want details.

It basically says you are the only one with the right to view your grades, unless it is someone academically relevant (your professor, your advisor, etc.) or you choose to show them.

It is super-duper illegal to show other people someone's grades without them agreeing to it.
>>
File: hqdefault[7].jpg (46KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[7].jpg
46KB, 480x360px
>>90987904
>resent
>here's why you've already failed. Don't even bother
Do these people care about words? It seems that any attitude other than sheer happiness makes you an asshole. And all he said was he's not getting an A, no need to jump to the other extreme.

>Teachers like this "ruin" people.
I'm not sure why ruin is in quotes. Is it some sort of ironic ruin? And professors don't ruin people, if that stops you you were broke to start with.
>>
>>90987628
>>90987515

To be fair, there's a 0% chance Willis is not referring to TVTropes, although he'd deny he was if confronted about it, because he's a weasel
>>
>>90988679
A lot of people use the term in regards to Manic Pixie Dream Girls, which was a concept before it found its way to TV Tropes.

"Adorkable" is often used in regards to Zooey Deschanel. Not that Willis would know that.
>>
>>90988483
Yeah, he's being incredibly tactful and gently letting Walky down.

>>90988483
>they immediately ship him off to a Christian university in Tennessee and refuse to let him leave until he's valedictorian and top of his class in med school
>>
>>90988483
>Aww, looks like my little baby needs a change.
>>
>>90988711
Keep in mind that TVTropes was launched in 2004 and has been running in its current format for around a decade.
>>
>>90988711
Yeah, I'm not saying that it didn't exist, but I'm saying that Willis is referring to it.

He knows TVTropes loves him. TVTropes loves all sorts of shitty webcomics, like Misfile and Dominic Deegan
>>
>>90989044
>Dominic Deegan
There's another one of those webcomics I loved back in the day before the writer went full-retard
>>
>>90983460
So, as far as RAINN goes, they cite a 1 in 6 incidence and pull a lot from a 1998 DOJ survey (https://www.ncjrs.gov/pdffiles1/nij/183781.pdf), the questions of which can be found online. Spoilered since kinda off topic?
>[Female respondents only] Has a man or boy ever made you have sex by using force or threatening to harm you or someone close to you? Just so there is no mistake, by sex we mean putting a penis in your vagina.
>Has anyone, male or female, ever made you have oral sex by using force or threat of
force? Just so there is no mistake, by oral sex we mean that a man or boy put his penis in your mouth or someone, male or female, penetrated your vagina or anus with their mouth.
>Has anyone ever made you have anal sex by using force or threat of harm? Just so there is no mistake, by anal sex we mean that a man or boy put his penis in your anus.
>Has anyone, male or female, ever put fingers or objects in your vagina or anus against your will or by using force or threats?
>Has anyone, male or female, ever
attempted to make you have vaginal, oral, or anal sex against your will but intercourse or penetration did not occur?

Other surveys may be more lenient as far as the definition of coercion goes, and may also ask more specifically about drugs/alcohol in assault (which I'm pretty sure leads to a different legal definition than the forcible rape of the DOJ study). It's pretty pointless to speculate on those, though, since they're not what's being cited here.
>>
>>90984086
>representation
If the cross-universe sexuality rule follows, they should be getting it from Carla who they love already anyways.
>>
>>90989422
If the cross-sexuality rule follows, Carla is perfectly willing to engage in sexual activity without reciprocation.
>>
>>90989537
True, but Malaya's gonna get that Marcie puss-puss in this universe and there's no one else Carla is close to.
>>
>>90989612
I'm not going to lie, CarlaxAmber or CarlaxSal, all day, every day.
>>
File: like this but stupid.jpg (130KB, 1365x697px) Image search: [Google]
like this but stupid.jpg
130KB, 1365x697px
>>90989906
I can't see her with anyone really, given how much of an asshole she is. I could see some sort of stupid superhero teamup with Amber where she does the electronics and Amber programs them, though.
>>
>>90990010
She has this weirdly OOC strip with Amber right after Toedad where she's friendly and chatty.
>>
>>90980337
Man, look at that early 2000s CGI in the background.
>>
>>90986115
>Mike is supposedly representative of what Willis wishes to say to others but never has the courage to actually vocalize.

By his actions Mike implies Willis wishes to be able to treat people like shit, even going so far as to physically assault them under the attitude of being superior to them without any form of negative consequence
>>
>>90986263

Carla is basically Mike Lite with less violence. Just a desire to do whatever he wants no matter how others might find it annoying.

Would Willis like to bone Carla? Only in the sense that he's a textbook narcissist and would probably bone all of them because on one level or another they're all him.
>>
>>90986396

Please tellme that was a display at Botcon they did for the lulz, and not his personal display
>>
File: Facepalm Beast Megatrn 01.jpg (54KB, 750x600px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm Beast Megatrn 01.jpg
54KB, 750x600px
>>90987161

>> I'm a smart boy!

>>Indiana will fall into the sea!
>>
>>90991083
Oh god, what year am I in?
It has legit been at least 5 years since I saw a demotivational poster.
>>
>>90987904

>>Wow, he really IS just fuckin' awful

Can you truly blame Jason for having disdain for Walky and Sal? Especially after

>>90987410

Where he IS talking to them in a polite manner, only to get shit on.
>>
>>90988246

Well at least nothing lasts forever
>>
>>90991096

It was the only facepalm I had
>>
>>90966655
Mmmmmmm yes please!
>>
>>90982657
Is this a reference to something??
>>
>>90984055
She doesn't have to be autistic, but it's kind of obvious that's what Willis was going for.
>>
>>90987186
>using tvtropes speak
I feel like it's actually in character for walky here. Like I'd cringe if Billy or Joyce said it, but this is obviously a kid who spends a very large amount of his time watching cartoons and browsing cartoon-related sites like Tvtropes. He is a literal man-child, and I can see him not understanding why that saying shit like that doesn't make him cute anymore.
>>
>>90987522
>I still find this unbelievable, though. I don't think TA's know which students are which unless they're approached by them first. Did Walky ever make first contact with Jason, or whatever Bowtie Sam's name is?
Depends on the class size and how much they stand out. There were a few kids in my classes that, yeah, the teacher knew who they were even if they were never formally introduced. You do some stupid introduction game on the first day, you call on him a few times in class, you remember him.
>>
>>90987273
Not necessarily, but it's also not unrealistic for more than 10% of grades to have been given out by the end of the first half of the semester, even without the midterm. In a lot of my classes, we didn't have midterms, but 2 smaller tests plus a big final. You could easily have each test worth 20% of his grade, which would make failing one an automatic < A. Or maybe homework's 30% and he's done almost none of it. Some combination of those things wouldn't be out of line for a math class.
>>
>>90986948
>Generally, when surveys are done--as in actual, legitimate studies--they aren't just posted online. These studies are generally done with a scientific process, not SurveyMonkey.
Former chemistry education research assistant here, and yes, we did our surveys in Survey Monkey. If the survey's being given to a class, the teacher might just set something up and email them all a link or something.
>>
>>90992283
True, but again, this is a lecture-hall size of a classroom, not a classroom-size of a classroom. The only people with name recognition generally have to introduce themselves first.

>>90992318
I suppose. Still, I'm sure that there are some options to consider in order to get an "A" at this point in the game.

Also, I just realized that Walky says he's never been a disappointment on paper. What about report cards in high school? Or are we to believe he breezed through all of his classes then?
>>
>>90993061
>True, but again, this is a lecture-hall size of a classroom, not a classroom-size of a classroom. The only people with name recognition generally have to introduce themselves first.
Even in lecture halls, some kids just stand out

>Also, I just realized that Walky says he's never been a disappointment on paper. What about report cards in high school? Or are we to believe he breezed through all of his classes then?
That's what happened to me. Straight As in high school got me into a pretty decent college, where the difficulty ramped up exponentially compared to the classes I was taking before, and before I knew it, I'd flunked out.
>>
>>90993271
>some kids just stand out
But they're either smart kids or total jackasses.

Also, bummer about your college experience.

But I feel like Walky shouldn't have ALWAYS made it to the top of his class. Otherwise, he wouldn't be struggling in what I'm pretty sure is basic college calculus, which is on par with the AP mathematics courses I believe he claimed he took in high school. Plus, he has no reason to fear his mother's disappointment as a result, at least in the academic field.

Like, he's always been a good student, right? He might think that one low grade is forgivable, especially given his track record. Now, if we had some kind of exposition to show how his parents reacted to if/when he got a low score in a class, THEN we might have something to look to so that we can understand his fear. Hell, maybe an early scene in which Sal gets low grades and incurs Mother's disappointment, witnessed by Walky and traumatizing him thusly.

Wait, if Walky is so afraid of disappointing his mother, then why did he even skip class? Being in class is better than not going at all, even if you don't actually learn anything. Doesn't he want to keep up appearances?
>>
>Wait, if Walky is so afraid of disappointing his mother, then why did he even skip class? Being in class is better than not going at all, even if you don't actually learn anything. Doesn't he want to keep up appearances?

Personally, I figured I knew it all already, so why bother wasting my time in class? Like you said, this is basic shit that I already learned, right up until I was tested on it and forgot pretty much everything/realized I didn't know it as well as I thought.
>>
>>90993699
Yeah, but why skip? Just sleep or play on your phone.
>>
>>90987161
He'll get a B for Black and his evil parents will disown him.
>>
>>90991083
> I'm a smart boy!
I don't know why he didn't just say "I'm smart!"
>>
>>90993061
>Also, I just realized that Walky says he's never been a disappointment on paper. What about report cards in high school? Or are we to believe he breezed through all of his classes then?
That's more or less what he's said before.

>>90993271
>Even in lecture halls, some kids just stand out
He also drew dinosaurs on his notes.

>>90993588
>But I feel like Walky shouldn't have ALWAYS made it to the top of his class. Otherwise, he wouldn't be struggling in what I'm pretty sure is basic college calculus, which is on par with the AP mathematics courses I believe he claimed he took in high school.
Did he say he was in an AP class? Maybe it was just an honors class.

It's more likely that Willis has no idea how difficult and complex AP classes are. I'm a smartypants with a Master's degree, and I never took any AP classes. I was one spot away from my class's top 10%.

And anyway, does math really have anything to do with being a doctor or lawyer? If he fails this class or even just makes a B or C, shouldn't he still be fine?
>>
File: 2016-10-07-smalltalk[1].png (390KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-07-smalltalk[1].png
390KB, 1000x333px
>>90995423
>Did he say he was in an AP class? Maybe it was just an honors class.
This is where he describes his high school maths.
>>
>>90995705
Pre-calc, if I understood correctly from people that took it, wasn't that hard. Actual calculus was offered at my high school, so I can't imagine pre-calc was terribly difficult.
>>
>>90995705

I still can't grasp what the fuck Billie is on about here.

Willy's characters are always so salty, it bums me out man.
>>
>>90995813
In simple terms, Billie is associating Sarah (who got her roommate taken away because she was not coping well in college) with the people who got Ruth taken away to the mental hospital.

Sarah has also been super-rude to Billie since the very beginning, so Billie suddenly cares about that? It's dumb.
>>
>>90995864

Well I guess it's supposed to be a verbal backhand to Sarah but it's so clunky even Sarah doesn't know what she's on about.

In any case Billie's an alcoholic bitch, Ruth was a psycho alcoholic bitch who needed help, and Sarah's-Roommate was a depressed stoner bitch who needed help. So who care's what Billie thinks.

I mean, Sarah just wants to study
>>
File: 2012-08-13-dana.png (295KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-13-dana.png
295KB, 1000x333px
>>90995944
I've got time to kill before class. Here comes every strip under the "Dana" tag on DOA.com.
>>
File: 2012-08-14-networking.png (256KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-14-networking.png
256KB, 1000x333px
>>90996073
>>
File: 2012-08-15-carl.png (275KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-15-carl.png
275KB, 1000x333px
>>90996091
>>
File: 2012-08-17-movies.png (332KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-17-movies.png
332KB, 1000x333px
>>90996112
>>
File: 2012-08-20-bong.png (214KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-20-bong.png
214KB, 1000x333px
>>90996131
>>
File: 2012-08-22-choice.png (311KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-08-22-choice.png
311KB, 1000x333px
>>90996147
And that's it.
>>
>>90996175

I wouldn't have brought up my grades in that situation, tbqh. Would have just said I decided to act one day.

Feel bad for Sarah, desu, I mean she's an asshole like 90% of the rest of the cast but I feel like you can at least relate with the reasons she became an asshole.
>>
>>90992025

Yeah. The Amazing Athiest.

Look him up on Encyclopedia Dramatica
>>
>>90996287
Yeah, it comes off as self-serving when you mention how it's affecting you, simply because the reason was that she was allegedly concerned about Dana. She keeps telling people it was because she was concerned, but mentioning her grades kind of muddies the water.
>>
>>90997816

I mean, it could always be both and there are better tipping points than "shit this is affecting ME now!" but the girl was obviously not well.

I guess Sarah's just being honest which isn't the worst thing in the world.
>>
>>90996287
>>90997816
It's fine for it to be both. It's not Sarah's job to tank her grades while her roommate is having trouble. And often issues like that have impacts on others. Like if this was high school and we were talking about a kid's alcoholic father, it's completely fine for her to say that on top of the harm it's doing to him and his family, it's also making it hard for her to do well in school.

I think it's kinda lame for the friends to not at least say, hey we're gonna try and take Dana out so you can have some quiet time.

Although I don't know why these students (Sarah, Mary) can't just use the Library. They shouldn't *have* to, but they act like it's not even an option.
>>
>>90995423
>If he fails this class or even just makes a B or C, shouldn't he still be fine?
B is probably fine, a C would be difficult to explain to super competitive admissions (although if it's only one freshman year, it's probably also negligible).
>>
>>90995769
I took calc junior year, so Walky just looks full of himself to me.
>>
I wonder if Dana will ever come back at a moment that is most convenient for Sarah.

>Sarah! Hey, it's me, Dana! I just wanted to drop by and see you! I also wanted to thank you for getting me help. The doctors said that if I didn't get therapy soon I'd have gone into a fugue state and never left the space under our beds. Oh, hey Raidah. Nice boytoy you're groping there. Anyways, Sarah, I just wanted to thank you for caring about me when I didn't think anybody else did. Okay, bye!

And then Dana fucks off and Diglett's like "oh shit this bitch be fire" and throws Raidah away like the used tissue he sees her as, with her shouting to the heavens "I'll have my revenge!" like it's Street Fighter IV.
>>
>>90998151
>Although I don't know why these students (Sarah, Mary) can't just use the Library. They shouldn't *have* to, but they act like it's not even an option.
That's because Willis doesn't want to go to IU just to get reference pictures from inside the library, nor does he know anybody who can get such pictures for him.
>>
>>91000668
As much as I would love this, I feel like if she does come back she'll blame Sarah. Raidah has hinted (or outright stated) that is the case.

Sarah never really gets to be happy.
>>
File: Stares.png (112KB, 349x333px) Image search: [Google]
Stares.png
112KB, 349x333px
>>90996073
>saying "and dont look in this box its private" after asking a question about drugs that the other person poorly responds to
Who does this. Who actually does this. Why even be holding the private box in plain sight anyway?
>>
>>90988353

>The actual reason is that they instituted a "no negativity" policy across the site. You literally cannot criticize anything.

Learned this the hard way when I tried to put "Assigned Male" on the "So Bad, It's Horrible" page.

I'm a transphobic nazi, by the way.
>>
>>90998151
>>90998036
I'm saying that it's fine for it to be both, but she didn't need to mention that part. You're right that honesty isn't bad, but it seems like it was not a good idea to mention her personal reason.

There are also study rooms in the dorms. They totally could use those. Sarah did mention that sleeping was difficult, so that probably wouldn't have completely alleviated things.

>>91000784
The same reason Mary grabbed the box from Carla when Carla was building contraptions outside her room.
>>
>>91000783
I think it's more that everybody blames Sarah for ratting on Dana. But we've never actually seen what Dana was like after Sarah got her help. We've only seen whatever Raidah and Sarah say, and what they say are from their own perspectives and not a complete perspective of events.
>>
>>91001653
>>91001653
I think Dana probably still holds hard feelings on it. But she'll eventually realize it was best for her.
>>
>>91000668

That's half decent. It would be a nice subversion of expectations, it would put Sarah in a new light and possibly open up new plot hooks for her (people start thinking she's this miserable loner, but she helped Dana so maybe she can help them too, leading to her trying to balance her misanthropy and preference for alone time against trying to be a good person). But, you see, there's a couple flaws in this plan, anon.

1. it requires a parent other than Joyce's dad to not be Evil Incarnate
2. it requires authority figures (and mental health professionals) to be useful and capable

You see why these things prevent something like this from happening.
>>
File: 2012-09-19-absolve[1].png (313KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-19-absolve[1].png
313KB, 1000x333px
>>91000783
>Raidah has hinted (or outright stated) that is the case.
Figured I'd just post the strip.

>>91002573
>I think Dana probably still holds hard feelings on it. But she'll eventually realize it was best for her.
I hope this turns out to be the case.

I wonder if Dana will ever make a current day appearance or if she's just there to establish background between Raidah and Sarah and to be a case study of how Sarah acts.
>>
>>91003007
>I wonder if Dana will ever make a current day appearance or if she's just there to establish background between Raidah and Sarah and to be a case study of how Sarah acts.
Of course not. That would require an actual expansion of character roles and a more ambiguous definition of antagonism than Willis wants to make.
>>
>>90998151
>why these students (Sarah, Mary) can't just use the Library.
I want to see someone to find Mary living in the library like a hobo to get away from those crazy assholes.
>>
>>90996073

Willis in 2012:
Hmm, Dana's hair covers her face like Sierra. Let's try showing the eye through it...

Ugh, that looks fucking terrible. I won't do it ever again.
>>90996091
>>90996112
>>90996131
>>90996147
>>90996175

Willis in 2015
Effort and quality? Fuck it! Becky has a wandering hair bead from now on!
>>
File: SarahTheSoundOfSilence.png (23KB, 162x630px) Image search: [Google]
SarahTheSoundOfSilence.png
23KB, 162x630px
>>91002591
>1. it requires a parent other than Joyce's dad to not be Evil Incarnate

>>91003164
>a more ambiguous definition of antagonism than Willis wants to make.

Christ, this makes me worry that if she does come back, it'll turn out her dad was a Ross/Blaine-level monster. And then everyone will shit on Sarah, despite her having no way of knowing that and no way out.
>>
>>90998151
I dunno how it is at IU but at my college the library's usually packed as hell and it's hard to find somewhere

Not saying that it's an excuse or that Sarah and Mary aren't the kind of students that can study in a crowded area
>>
>>91003974
He's watched too many Chinese cartoons since 2012 and thought he could pull it off.
>>
File: 1462594378522.png (310KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
1462594378522.png
310KB, 1000x333px
>>91003974
Some of Willis' character designs like Becky are just shittier than others. You aren't going to see Joyce's eyes floating all over her face.

Everyone's noses look like crap nowadays, though.
>>
>>91004012
Take heart that if Willis does that then you can call him a racist for making his black cast member a villain.

>>91003847
Carla builds a microdrone with an attached directional speaker to follow Mary around and bother her throughout the day.
>>
File: Mary17.png (544KB, 685x1891px) Image search: [Google]
Mary17.png
544KB, 685x1891px
>>91004722
>The microdrones are a lot harder to swat than the mini-dirigibles Carla started out with. This is my life now.
>>
>>91004848
>It took a little convincing, but the Art department believes I'm creating a piece about the intrusion of technology on our daily lives. I've managed to focus the magnetron's emissions to a single direction without the risk of self-injury, but the power supply is too heavy to carry around for long. As always, the extending its range is a top priority.
>It's 11:45 on a Tuesday night, and I'm trying to weaponize a microwave. Jesus wept.
>>
>>91004710
I don't know why he insists on the black dots all the time.
>>
>>91004710
He's clearly devolving into some animu hybrid style from his 2000s art, and he's left the noses half and half. They have the shadow of western styles mixed with the anime shape.

It is not a good mix.
>>
>>91004848
>that pic
Oh, but I thought the SU autists insisted fusion wasn't a metaphor for sex, right? So then how can Peridot being against fusion be homophobic?
>>
>>91007328
also wasn't this episode supposed to be about Green Cunt being racist to Porl?

Or is it classist? I can't keep all the tools of oppression straight.
>>
>>91006938
It's a cartoonish way of showing shock.
>>
>>91008373
Umm.
DYERTC?
That's her character design, m8. It has nothing to do with situational shock.
>>
>>91008434
Are we talking about the same black dots?

Because I can see where I can be mistaken. You have the black dots that make up Becky's eyes, you have the black dots that are Joyce's eyes in the last panel, and then you have the black holes that make up character noses when displayed at a 3/4ths profile.

Seriously, Willis, if you're going to be this lazy, you can at least draw a second dot to imply that characters have more than one nostril.
>>
>>91008500
No one ITT was talking about that one panel where Joyce's eyes dilated to dots. Yeah, that panel is cartoonish shock.

All the criticism has been about Becky's constant floating eye-dots.
>>
>>91007328
Fusion is a metaphor for relationships. Only one fusion, and only in a specific episode, would really apply as a metaphor for sex.

>>91007834
Caste discrimination.

>>91008569
Actually I was referring to the nose dots.
>>
>>91008569
I got that before. I just figured it was the most obvious black dots. Becky's eyes are more like black cockroaches.

>>91008734
Oh hey, we were both wrong.
>>
>>91008734
>Only one fusion, and only in a specific episode, would really apply as a metaphor for sex
Which episode do you think that's true for? We Need to Talk? I think it's a good metaphor for sex in a bunch of eps, but I'm curious what you think.
>>
>>90964832
You're referencing a separate study, anon. A really shoddily done one at that.
>>
>>91008569
>>91008765
In the cyberpunk dystopia of DoA, Becky was born without eyes as a result of the radiation poisoning that also claimed her mother through cancer. Her "eyes" are actually a pair of neuro-linked, multispectrum cameras that serve as optical prostheses. The left "eye" is skull-mounted and hardwired while the right one is wireless and magnetically levitates opposite a subdermal plate, allowing Becky to reposition it and alter her field of vision to her needs.
>>
>>91008930
Alone Together. WNTT doesn't really fit the sex metaphor, especially not in context of the flashback. The Answer has elements of it.
>>
>>91009265
>AT
The only way that episode works as a sex metaphor is if regular gem fusion is a sex metaphor as well.

Just look at how the CGs initially reacted to Stevonnie. They know what's up.
>>
>>91009546
Garnet canon lolicon confirmed.
>>
>>90988891
>>90989044
>>90992251

Yeah but that doesnt mean that he's referring to it rather than, you know, it describing something that was already always part of the popular zeitgeist.

Adorkable is a thing, get over it.
>>
>>90987904
>TA actually approaches a student about their failing progress despite having no obligation to do so.
>keeps cool and professional despite constantly being yelled at by autistic maniacs
>Is still the bad guy because he isn't all smiles working what must be a shitty grad program
I guess dumbing of age is a realistic comic.
>>
>>91011530
What's worse is that Walky is physically accosting in him the last three panels, Jason could get Walky in a lot of trouble for that.
>>
>>91004848
>Ends up coocking her eggs and becoming sterile
STOP THIS MADNESS NOW
>>
>>91012096
Fuck. Meant for
>>91005631
>>
>>91011643
>Walky notices he grabbed his fetish, the suspenders
>looks at the Britmam, blushing
>SNAP
This would eventually lead to gay sex or an incest threesome.
>>
File: off.png (350KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
off.png
350KB, 1000x333px
Tonight...we...hrm.

Well, that spoiled the It's Walky! nostalgia pretty quickly.
>>
>>91012120
Carla knows neither restraint nor regret.
>>
>>91012320
>an actual blowjob joke
Jesus Christ, we were only joking.

Anyways, the password is "off", which is easy enough even without the new filename thing going on with Patreon.
>>
>>91012320
>A Beej

Well, he IS Sal's brother after all.
>>
>>91012320
Do it, Willis. Fucking do it. Don't be a goddamn pussy. Have Walky suck Jason's cock for a good grade only to get the Sal Special.
>>
>>91012320
>Walky's willing to suck a dick for a passing grade
I'm not even mad. I admire his conviction.
>>
>>91012320
>Walky offering a blowjob

Welp, there's the next Slipshine comic. This time something for the gay people.
>>
>>91012320
Jason doesn't immediately reject the idea....
>>
>>91012534
That means he's next to get hit with the Indiana gay ray!
>>
>>90983642
I never expected this edit to be so accurate.
>>
>>91012320
fucking do it willis
>>
>>91012534
>Very well, Mr. Walkerton, one "beej." No facial stubble, you will work the balls, and no spitting or pulling away. Are these terms acceptable?
>Can I...can I at least take in on the face?
>No promises.
>>
>>90983642
>>91012320
wow
anon should sue Willis for plagiarism
>>
>>91012320
>>91012407
>>91013005
Maybe he's watching us...
<.< >.> <.<
>>
>>91013266
I would be surprised he would ever come here. His legion of non-4chan patreon fans would crucify him
>>
>>91012320
So.... This the start of a new story arch? Also
>Book 6 kickstarter

Hoo boy....
>>
>>91013501
If I Gave You a Beej Right Now, Can We Skip All That? sounds exactly like the title to a DoA book.
>>
>>91013657
Book 7 title here we come!
>>
>>91013501
How much is he gonna raise this time? His Patreon has stayed pretty steady, I think.

I'll guess $65,000
>>
File: 2016-09-09-intern.png (416KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-09-intern.png
416KB, 1000x333px
>>91008500
>the black holes that make up character noses when displayed at a 3/4ths profile.
This is the comic where I couldn't take Willis' noses anymore.
>>
>>91013266
>>91013308
Someone made the same joke in the comments yesterday.

I will be bitterly disappointed if this doesn’t end up with Walky trading sex for grades. They fit together so well…

> Well, they’re gonna have sex for grades.
>>
>>91013731
I just wanna know what the title is gonna be. He'll hit that amount easy I bet.
>>
>>91012457
Just like the hair thing, it's more problematic if you do it to Sal and not Walky.
>>
>>91012457
I remember she fucked him, but what happened after that?
>>
>>91014110
She didn't get any special treatment. Basically, she fucked her TA for nothing.
>>
File: 2015-03-20-trousers[1].png (336KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-03-20-trousers[1].png
336KB, 1000x333px
>>91012320
Weird. I thought if anything, that sorta talk would lead into revealing the Sal affair.

Also, add him to the queer list, I guess.

It would be kinda fun to see Walky get G O B S M A C K E D by Jason's trouser snake.
>>
>>91014287
Yeah, nobody could ever find out about this affair.
>>
>>91014287
>size of a pint glass
Better limber up, Walky.
>>
>>91014712
If Sal can handle it so can he, he's a big boy.
>>
>>91012320
We're going dangerously close to a light-hearted story, so I predict we're going back to ryan or ruth next strip.
>>
>>91014287

So is Penny doing the exact same thing with HER students yet always succeeding and NEVER getting any karmic repercussions supposed to be Willis' idea of "Empowerment"?
>>
>>91012320
Do it Willis you fucking coward. Pull the beej trigger!
>>
Does anyone still post the pinups here? I haven't seen any of the newer ones.
>>
>>91016207
Would Bowtie get in more trouble if people found out about him fucking Walky and someone proved that Walky was retarded?
>>
File: problematic_discussion.png (113KB, 724x660px) Image search: [Google]
problematic_discussion.png
113KB, 724x660px
Hey guys, whatever you do, don't discuss the comic in the designated place for discussion about the comic.

Your differing opinions about Jason's teaching abilities, and Walky's culpability for his own problems, are tantamount to assault and probably rape too.
>>
>>91018291
For FUCK'S sake

"How dare people have different opinions and interpretations of characters than I do! I feel so stressed out that a public comments section isn't in full agreement with me!"

"Those non-paying people don't actually care about the comic like WE do, so they don't count."

Things like this actually make me want to donate to Willis's Patreon, just to respond with calm, rational comments about my own interpretations of DoA.

I used to joke to myself that I'd give these delicate little butterflies fainting spells and the vapours. Reading that make me think I wasn't even exaggerating. Half these people would die from apoplectic spasms in the first day.

Only problem is, I'd be giving Willis money. That's a really high hurdle to clear.

So, in conclusion:

For FUCK'S sake.
>>
>>91018291
Good lord.
>>
>>91018591
>>Things like this actually make me want to donate to Willis's Patreon, just to respond with calm, rational comments about my own interpretations of DoA.
You want to give Willis money just so he can ban you?
>>
>>91019096
You can only be banned from Patreon if your pledge is refused by the person you're supporting, effectively giving up money.

This is actually one more reason I've thought about it. We've seen how Willis reacts at the prospect of not making money, no matter the source, i.e. the infamous 'right-wing ads' incident.

So it leaves me curious to see the specific threshold where Willis chooses asspats over money, or if he'll try to spin it as taking money from some "rando" in exchange for the person getting 'slapped around' in his Patreon.
>>
>>91018291
I am amazed that nobody's dumping on willis for the whole "black kids offering sex for grades 'cause their the only ones failing" thing.
>>
>>91018291
I hate the site comments too, just for the opposite reasons of Cerb. Hanging out in the Patreon comments seems like it would be a special version of Hades for me.

Also, I would totally say something positive about the strip here, or something positive about the portrayals of abuse if they were good. (continued...)
>>
>>91020648 (...continued)
Like, for Jason, I think he's kinda being shitty in the tutoring aspect of his role for not just saying he'll help Walky, especially since Walky is clearly having trouble working up the courage to ask him. However, I think there's a lot of value to how he responds to Walky, because we see how little Walky personally gives a shit about any of this. Harder math doesn't benefit his major, he doesn't see value in learning it, doesn't seem to give a shit about learning at all, and has no personal goals or drive to do well. It's all based on how he wants to be perceived by loved ones.

Even in that last bit, he has completely failed to be proactive about it. Sal mostly wants to prove that she's not useless to her family, and you can tell she cares because, after a little prodding from Joyce, she got on top of that and tried by any means necessary (and I mean that seriously, she got tutored a few times with no change, got frustrated, fucked Jason in the heat of the moment, that didn't help, studied on her own and did better and then finally got help from Danny) persistently to get that grade up. Meanwhile, Walky can't even stay consistent in his desire to go to class and get help. It doesn't help that he's played as such a punchline that he literally can't even read his textbook without struggling to get past the trademarks. That's where the attempts at comedic writing hurt the strip a lot.

If Walky was a more introspective person, he might see the value in Jason pointing out that he should think about what he wants, not exactly how he's disappointing mom (or girlfriend-mom). We're talking about his first years of relative freedom out of high school, and he seems to have no real goals for himself. Finding that out (and doing something about it) is way easier in October year one than it is in March year three.

Reducing that reaction all down to, "ug ug Jason abuse Walky, ug ug, shitlord" is not useful or interesting commentary on the strip.
>>
>>91020198
I would assume he handwaves the correlation of Sal and Walky's race and their grades as being coincidental, and that it's Sal being a reformed criminal and Walky being a manchild that result in their poor scores.
>>
>>91020198
the obvious answer would be that anyone who draws the conclusion that someone fails because of their race, is racist
however, we know willis would never give that answer and would instead pull something out of his ass, like making danny fail some unnamed course
>>
>>91020648
>>91020709
The thing is you have to take Jason's statements in the context of a continuous conversation. All he does is gently tell Walky it's too late for him to pull his grade up to an A before immediately laying out a tutoring session so he can catch up and master the coursework. There is no abuse, no mockery or denigration - if anything Jason is being more proactive and eager to help than most real life TAs - while Walky just has a freakout then offers to suck his dick for a good grade. In the real world Jason could have reported him for academic misconduct and assault.

>>91020998
I think it's more the "black kids immediately turn to prostitution at the first hardship" thing.
>>
I just realized that everybody's going to be lauding Willis for making Walky bisexual now, since he's open to giving a grown-ass man some head.
>>
>>91022419
He's clearly a straight, cis, white boy culturally appropriating blowing a dude.
>>
>>91021266
Cerb literally called Jason racist on the main site comments for his "I should think you'd be accustomed to disappointing your mum" comment.
>>
>>91017895
We're behind by quite a bit.

Collected here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPLf38VDiwnL4qk1aOyB2Tmmd0mg4j7GWqfjE1x-kis/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>91017895
No one has a slipshine account.
>>
>>91017353
I mean, no one's really called Jason on it either. I think it's more the general truth that if people as a whole like you you can get away with way more shit.
>>
>>91023149
Is Penny trading sex for grades or just sleeping with students?

>>91022518
Isn't the entire issue between Walky, Sal, and their parents the fact that Walky is "white" while Sal is "black?" Plus if Jason's dad in DoA is anything like his Walkyverse counterpart then Walky ain't got shit on Jason in the parents with unrealistic expectations department.
>>
>>91018291
Telling someone they can't get an A when it is literally impossible for them to do so is abuse now? Would it be better for the TA to lie to a student about grade distribution?
>>
>>91024548
In the real world Walky might be able to turn things around and make an A- if he really got on the ball and started acing his coursework and exams since the story is only five weeks in, but in the real world Walky would also be able to drop the class with a W instead of a grade at this point. It reads like Walky has been turning in zero coursework and the course has classwork taking up a large percentage of the final grade.
>>
>>91018291

>tan hoodie

Oh, the "this random person says another random person is a rapist without evidence, let's not support a witch hunt" guy is an asshole?

You know, Willy's fans are going to kill themselves eventually, they might as well get it over with.
>>
>>91024742
He can still totally get a B or even withdraw, as long as he tells his mother otherwise.

One of my roommates managed to skate through college for 5 years by dropping classes and lying about it. He dropped out eventually and was basically disowned.
>>
>>91025468
I don't know if IU offers it, but he might be able to use academic bankruptcy to clear the semester and raise his GPA at the cost of needing to take an additional semester.
>>
>>91011097

Nah he's referring to it. He's done it many times before and like it's been said before TVTropes is a hugbox almost as bad as his comments.

>>90988353

I think I might actually post the first review for Dumbing of Age and be scathing as fuck, just to see how salty they become.

I get 10 points whenever someone accuses me of being a sexist, racist, homophobe, or transphobe. Mentioning Trump is 20.
>>
>>91025922
The DoA YMMV page flips between actual criticism of the comic and being blatantly written by a fan.
>>
>>91025922
referred to tvtropes or said adorkable? My point is that tvtropes and him are referring to the same thing i.e. something that is *actually part of pop culture*
>>
>>91025922
Double points modifier in effect if you don't actually say anything sexist, racist, homophoic etc and just condemn the way the characters are written.

Extra points on top of that for saying how portraying a trans character as an irredeemable asshole is transphobic, literally bending the laws of the universe to give a lesbian a happy ending is infantilizing and denigrating, making the black characters all one shade of stereotype or another (Sarah is angry and violent, Sal is a criminal, Walky is the immature comic relief, they both get more stereotypically black when the do poorly at school, Jacob is seen as a sexual trophy) is racist...
>>
>>91026502

TVtropes. He's done plenty of shout outs to it and TVtropes loves sucking him off for being so progressive.

>actually part of pop culture

For internet-obsessed retards, maybe
>>
>>91026868
It predates TVTropes, but not Urban Dictionary. It's likely that TVT pulled it from UD.
>>
Like the art
Hate the comic
>>
>>91028721
But isn't the fact that you hate the comic mean you can't like the art? Also that's a first I ever heard of someone liking the art a lot.
>>
>>91029402
No? If you wrote an amazing essay in Comic Sans, people would still hate the fact that you used the worst font for your thesis.
>>
>>91029402
it's pleasant
probably my favorite art for a webcomic

it's the quintessential webcomic style
and I like it
and then I read the panels
and then I hate everyone
and this process repeats everytime I see it on /co/
>>
>>91025438
>>91018291
>i can't believe we aren't vilifying a character we know so little about we have to call him "tan hoodie"
There might be something in the water, but not where they expect.
>>
File: 328830_640.jpg (89KB, 640x495px) Image search: [Google]
328830_640.jpg
89KB, 640x495px
>>90991022
>Please tellme that was a display at Botcon they did for the lulz, and not his personal display
I really, really wish I could tell you that, anon.
>>
>>91031429
A decent exercise regime and diet, and Willis would look pretty good. A shorter haircut would help too.
>>
File: meandbumblebee.jpg (59KB, 600x541px) Image search: [Google]
meandbumblebee.jpg
59KB, 600x541px
>>91031636
It would help if he bought himself a goddamn razor and got rid of the perpetual teen-fuzz on his face too.
>>
>>91028721
How long have you been keeping up with it?
>>
>>91031636
>>91031961
>if he had a different body-type, face, hair, and took care of himself, he'd be more attractive
So basically if he wasn't David Willis then
>>
File: IMG_1537.jpg (303KB, 945x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1537.jpg
303KB, 945x353px
So we're all only reading this for Joyce, right?
>>
File: 1455340648445.jpg (70KB, 553x728px) Image search: [Google]
1455340648445.jpg
70KB, 553x728px
>>91032597
That's certainly one of the main reasons
Also, what hot new shit is this and where did you get it
>>
File: IMG_1534.jpg (74KB, 900x336px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1534.jpg
74KB, 900x336px
>>91032666
Not new. These were all made many long cold months ago.
>>
File: IMG_1536.jpg (312KB, 945x353px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1536.jpg
312KB, 945x353px
>>91032878
That's all I got that's still sfw
>>
>>91032878
This leads to them fucking, right?
>>
>>91032878
but from wheeeereeee
image search tells me nothing
>>
>>91032920
Not yet

>>91032947
I commissioned them. I don't remember from where- this was a while back. I'll check my email. It was rainbow-something. I'll look for their Tumblr.

Oh and here's the last pics:
http://www.imgur.com/a/AMn2R
>>
>>91032408
No, we're saying if he lost some weight and shaved regularly he'd be more attractive. Hell, he could probably get away with the shaving if he tanned a bit.
>>
>>91033208
>>91032947
Rainbow-Flyer. He's done the occasional piece for us.
>>
File: thankyou.png (165KB, 400x593px) Image search: [Google]
thankyou.png
165KB, 400x593px
>>91033208
>I commissioned them
>Oh and here's the last pics
Bless you, kind anon
>>
>>91012320
seems appropriate. walky did make some comment to danny about jacob being hot or whatever, so him liking dudes isnt entirely out of left field

unless hes just desperate for the grade
>>
File: 2015-07-24-jim.png (382KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2015-07-24-jim.png
382KB, 1000x333px
>>91033365
also, this
>>
>>91032906
>>91033208
>yellow-dress Joyce
The truly patrician choice. Well done.
>>
>>91033485
>Walky actually really wants to suck some dick and keeps offering to do so as "joke" and/or because he's "desperate"
>>
>>91033485
>Dina and Ethan are intrigued by the thought of Walky whoring himself out for pizza

>>91032906
Boner killing awkward sex talk Joyce is best Joyce.
>>
>>90974614
We don't know that; /pol/lacks could easily get bans and we'd never know because a /pol/ swarm is usually pretty large; it can lose individuals easily, but continue to shitpost.
>>
>>91033485
Walky, if you have to perform a service for it, it's no longer free pizza.

Jesus Christ. Are you failing your economics 101 class too?
>>
>>90977434

I want to stand at her side with my hammer ready.
>>
>>91033284
Right, right. Thank you- couldn't remember the name.

>>91033305
For sure. I'd commish more, but he's busy right now, and I don't know anyone else who'd be good for that kind of thing.

>>91033540
>>91033613
Truth.
>>
>>90977050

Nothing; witches are imaginary.
>>
>>90977050
a domestic goose chase
>>
>>91033674
>there are people who post on /pol/ ITT riiiighhhttt nowww
>woOOOoooOOOoOOOO
As long as everyone make an effort to keep things at least tangentially on topic, what the fuck's the difference
>>
>>91017939

I actually LOL'd.
>>
>>91025438
>witch hunt
You really don't understand words, do you?
>>
>>91034832
Are you saying because we, the omniscient observers, know that Ryan is guilty, that the imaginary people who inhabit Willy World are not entitled to skepticism?
>>
>>91034952
I must have missed where one of the imaginary people raged like a mong about a "witch hunt".
>>
>>91031636
>A decent exercise regime and diet, and Willis would look pretty good. A shorter haircut would help too.
he's married, why should he care how he looks to anyone other than his wife?
>>
>>91035351
hi, Maggie
>>
>>91033485
>Free Pizza

That can drive a person to do almost anything.
>>
>>91038041
You just had to bump the thread off page 10 with only 25 posts to bump limit and a little more than an hour to the new strip dropping?
>>
File: hmmm.png (203KB, 500x471px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
203KB, 500x471px
>>91033485
>>91038041
If you suck a dick to get it, is the pizza really free?
>>
>>91038090
Yeaaaah.... he fucked up.
>>
>>91038041
i mean, sure, but if youd suck a guys dick for pizza youre probably not straight
>>
>>90986396
>>91031429

Ah, Hotshot: The Autobot who would be Hot Rod had there not already been one.
>>
>>91038090
Fuck it, lets push it over the limit. Pick two characters who aren't in a relationship and try guess how a relationship with them would work out. Hard Mode: gay relationship. Nightmare Mode: Mary with anyone other than Carla. Dante Must Die Mode: Mike with anyone other than Mary or Carla.

>>91038150
Depends, are you starving?
>>
>>91038150
I guess that makes sense
>>
>>91035268

Or maybe you should lighten up next time you get triggered, amigo
>>
>>91038150
I feel it should be once again pointed out that Walky has been Willis's self-insert for his immature, impulsive side for a very long time and has repeatedly offered oral sex to strange men at the drop of a hat, as well as lusting over Jacob.

Just pointing those two facts out.

>What did he mean by this?
>>
>>91039453
Just because you repeatedly offer oral sex to other men and express a sexual attraction to a buff black man doesn't mean you're gay.
>>
>>91038213
I really feel sorry for all the kids whose favorite Transformers were the mold clones of more popular characters.
>>
File: Do It Faggot Donald.jpg (18KB, 312x361px) Image search: [Google]
Do It Faggot Donald.jpg
18KB, 312x361px
>>91025922
>I think I might actually post the first review for Dumbing of Age and be scathing as fuck, just to see how salty they become.
>>
>>91041724
I hope it's densely layered with troperspeak to the point that it's nigh impenetrable to readers.
>>
Well Patranons, idk what the hell you wanna do. Might just be worth holding out till this thread dies before we get tonights strip?
>>
>>91043116

Do that

saged
>>
>>91043116
Keep posting since we've only got thirteen more posts to autosage then let them start a new thread?
>>
>>91018291
>Don't discuss things in a way I hate!

People like Cerb are ruining this country
>>
>>91018291
Every fucking day cerb and the rest of Willis' dick sucking posse find ways to go full retard.
>>
is the thread dead yet
>>
>>91043116
Have the new thread be the new strip. Get this dead thread outta here
>>
>>91043985
>Didn't sage

WELL IT AIN'T GONNA DIE YET NOW!
>>
>>91018291
So I wonder if they think it's ok for a student to offer BJ's in exchange for a good grade.
>>
>Thread still isn't dead

Really rustles some jimmies
>>
>>91044320

Isn't that rape?
>>
Reminder that these last few strips make that conflict last scene with Walky trying to ditch class again a huge waste of time and a moot point.
>>
>>91044618
In the real world probably if it's without consent. But in a comic? Of course not! Cause it's funny! /s
>>
>>91044618
no? theyre 18 and its consensual
doing it for grades is a legal issue tho
>>
Dorthy's gonna be so proud that Walky isn't being a dumbass and getting help.
>>
new thread when
>>
>Bump limit hit

Finally. Patranon's go make a new thread with the juicy new content.
>>
Patreanon here.

New thread is up folks, but I'm not gonna cross-link it because that's what generals do, and we're not a general just trust me on this one.

You're big boys and gals. You know how to use the catalog.
>>
>>91038939

I'm not the one screeching "witch hunt", friendo.
>>
>>91049947

>screeching

Okay man, I wasn't just summarizing the situation and you weren't just overreacting cuz you're a bitch, we'll go with that
Thread posts: 507
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.