[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tropes you hate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 9

File: tumblr_nhtck1jTKr1qd5hy5o1_540.gif (899KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nhtck1jTKr1qd5hy5o1_540.gif
899KB, 540x304px
When they do cheap jokes like
"Gee Clark, you sure are a super guy"
or
"Hey Clark, you look good in red and blue!"
That kind of bullshit
>>
>be the fastest guy alive
>everyones faster though
>>
>>90940083
"I lied to protect you!"
>>
>>90940136
>Sure, my dad, your dad, all my friends, your fiancee, and both of my arch-enemies already know, if if YOU knew you'd be in danger!
>>
>"My name is John Doe. And this is my story"

>"Oh hero, I love you! I know who you are and I'm willing to make it work"
>"No...No I can't...I need to be Spider-Man Begins: The Quest For Peace...All by myself..."

>"GO ON, GET OUT OF HERE YOU DUMB ANIMAL/ALIEN/MYTHOLOGICAL CREATURE/MONSTER! I DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE! I NEVER WANTED YOU! GO ON! JUST LEAVE! I'M NOT CRYING FUCK YOU FAGGOT!"

>A woman spends an entire story arch attracted to a super hero not only kisses him, but outright fucks him. Sometimes multiple times.
>Doesn't pick on the fact that the other civilian guy she's been hanging around the entire time is also that super hero (Essentially getting cucked by himself until that point) until he finally kisses her in the end and walks off to go be a broody fuck.

>That animal and/or baby is clearly speaking fluent English.
>It's never made clear if the humans/adults involved can actually understand them or not.
>>
>>90940279
There was no reason to keep the secret from Iris for so long. If Joe found out, Iris might as well of too.
That stuff with Spivot was bull, she found out and wanted to be with him. She's a police officer, she's more capable in combat than Cisco and Caitlin at the time or Iris and was as capable as Joe. She'd be fine. If it was me I'd definitely reveal my identity to her.
Large part of the breakup is because he's gonna end up with Iris, but then that just makes it a waste of time.
>>
>>90940443
then everyone lying to Wally like it was a game
>>
>>90940402
>>That animal and/or baby is clearly speaking fluent English.
>>It's never made clear if the humans/adults involved can actually understand them or not.

that always pissed me off about family guy. they can hear brian just fine but never acknowledge stewie speaking, except for brian who can have full conversations with him.
>>
>character dies
>other characters treat it like it has any sort of weight
Unless your name is Uncle Ben or Thomas and Martha Wayne, you're coming back.
>>
I'll get it out of the way now...
>I-IF YOU KILL HIM YOU'LL BE AS BAD AS HE IS
>>
>no one says ANYTHING to ANYONE
>"i don't understand"
>"why is this happening ?"
>how did that happened ?
>>
>>90940592
as well
>*Technobabble*
>"In english please?"
>>
The misunderstanding where said misunderstanding happens, they spend an amount of time apart, sad, then shit brings them back together.
>>
>>90940443
>>90940478
CW drama
>>
>>90940443
>she found out and wanted to be with him
She had a nice ass, that alone would be reason to keep her
>>
File: 1038.gif (1MB, 200x150px) Image search: [Google]
1038.gif
1MB, 200x150px
>reference to character's comic book name/costume is made
>"That's so lame"
>>
File: frog-1.jpg (37KB, 678x381px) Image search: [Google]
frog-1.jpg
37KB, 678x381px
>cartoon character goes to the toilet
>He doesn't smell the toilet paper after wiping
>>
>>90940048
>Shitty little sibling
>Always a pain in the ass
>Never gets any form of punishment
>>
>>90940048
>Young Professor X checks his hairline
>>
>>90940572
In the beginning of the show (when he was evil and not a faggot) it was made very clear that no one could understand him
I guess things change though
>>
File: 1488259983707.png (392KB, 479x477px) Image search: [Google]
1488259983707.png
392KB, 479x477px
>>90945813
>older brother and younger sister
>they get along pretty nicely
>too nicely
>>
>>90940648
What's wrong with that? Jargon that others can't understand and might need to be reworded isn't exactly unrealistic.
>>
>>90941836
Has anyone ever called out the CW writers in person on their manufactured drama bullshit?
>>
>>90944839
It's an American thing. They really really don't like to smell their poo.
>>
>>90945923
I like this one
>>
>>90944204
A million times this. You'd think that after superheroes became a billion dollar commodity in the movie business for a decade now they would've gotten the "Lol we're embarrassed of the source material" gags out of their systems by now.

But nope, there it is again in Logan, of all places.
>>
>>90940579
Did Mar-Vell ever come back? I never really followed cosmic Marvel.
>>
>>90940279
What pisses me off even more is that ALL HIS ARCHNEMESIS ALREADY KNEW WHO HE WAS. DO YOU REALLY THINK REVERSE FLASH AND CAPTAIN COLD WOULDN'T TARGET THE WOMAN YOU LOVE JUST BECAUSE -SHE- DIDN'T KNOW YOU WERE THE FLASH WHILE THEY DID?
>>
>>90945979
When has that happened outside of anime?
>>
>>90944204
On that note people referring to characters while avoiding their silly comic names
>the green guy
>the guy with the hammer

GotG was kinda awesome about that, not only did they use most of the names constantly, but they also didn't shy away from the accuser and destroyer titles, and Quill was actually trying to get people to call him by his codename as a characterization point.
>>
File: Phoning it in.webm (3MB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Phoning it in.webm
3MB, 500x280px
>>90940615
>The whole show hinges on misunderstandings
Into the trash it goes
>>
>>90946653
Yes, he was ressurected during the Chaos War but killed by the Grim Reaper in the same event.

Outside of that sometimes he gets visited in the Realm of the Dead, once Thanos resurrected him just to have a chat and killed him again.
>>
>>90946014
Not him but there has to be a less cliché and annoying way to go about that than "English please!?!"
>>
>>90946833
What a dick.
>>
File: no seriously.gif (726KB, 446x251px) Image search: [Google]
no seriously.gif
726KB, 446x251px
>It's a "(((hero))) refuses to kill irredeemable multi-genocidal bad guy AND goes out his way to save his life, prevent others from killing him, prevent the law from killing him, save him from deadly accidents of the villain's own doing and generally make sure nothing happens to him until he brutally murder-rape-kill dozens of innocents again. But henchmen are free game, the hero repeatedly brutally maims them for life, throw them out of airplanes, leave them to die in explosions and warehouse fires, etc." episode
>>
>Alien royalty
>They all speak with posh British accents
>>
>>90946943
>prevent the law from killing him
I've never seen that happened. Was there ever a story where Batman broke the Joker out of death row so he wouldn't get lethal injected or something?
>>
>>90946943
It's the hechmen's own damn fault for not being popular enough.
They should take a page from 24 and man up.
>>
>>90946975
Yes, as Joker had been condemned for a crime he didn't commit.
Hackneyed drama.
>>
>>90940048

What does Agent Carter have to do with Clark Kent
>>
File: 1488099597267.gif (2MB, 325x244px) Image search: [Google]
1488099597267.gif
2MB, 325x244px
>>90946804
>explodes after a dickpunch
>>
>>90940048
Not quite the same thing, but the Superdickery-themed episode of Brave & The Bold where Lois cuts off Jimmy, who's about to say Superman's become a dick was incredibly on-the-nose but I still laughed. Probably because the whole episode was extremely blatant with referencing all those old covers and stories, particularly ones where Superman just fucks with Jimmy.
>>
>character lies down to go to sleep
>falls asleep immediately without crying or anything

Are these writers from Pluto or something?
>>
>>90947697
Anon, is there something you want to talk about,
>>
>>90940048
>200 thugs dead on the floor
>about to kill the evil mastermind
>STOP! If you kill him you will be like him!
>Ok
>>
>>90946943
>every thread devolves into "the no kill trope sucksss"
>criticism fails to realize the meta reasons for it and generally showcases tiresome, utilitarian viewpoints and strawmen over and over again
Sure hate this one trope
>>
>>90940648
>>90946014

But half the time the jargon isn't that fucking complicated.

>In english please
is a shitty fucking phrase all it would take is a secondary character going like "oh, so you mean it's just like *insert lowest common denominator equivalent here*" rather than have the nerdy guy explain something and then re-explain it for dumbasses.

You could use it as a moment to show the secondary character learning something and improving their relationship with the explainer, lighten the dialogue load on the explaining actor and give them a reason to still use the smarter dialogue in the first place.

Otherwise after like the second time that happens, the smart character would never explain anything properly ever again, they'd jus say their shit as dumb as they can all the time because they're hanging around morons who never learn anything because the show is assuming there are new viewers that are stupid and haven't watched the show from the beginning.
>>
>Okay no more lying guise
>Character lies in the very same episode
>"I only did it to protect you"
>Other character gets mad and storms off
>Cycle repeats
>>
>>90940136
>>90940279
on the flip side ...

>secret identity
>everyone know it/figures it out
>>
>>90947046
But 24 died...
>>
>>90948111
>secret identity
>Not everyone has figured it out

In this season of arrow 2 average joes were able to figure out who the green arrow was, but the general population of star city still hasn't been able to put 2 and 2 together for over 5 years.
>>
>ghosts
>people being possessed
>objects that move on their own
>shit like words suddenly appearing on the wall or blood leaking from the faucet
>"creepy" children
>>
>>90947989
>"the no kill trope sucksss"

The no kill trope is fine as long as everyone gets the same treatment. A hero that doesn't kill is fine, a hero that ocasionally kills when te situation requires it is also fine, a hero that kills grunts but doesn't kill the boss is retarded.
>>
>>90946607
ok but in Logan it was really more of a story element.
>>
>>90946943
This. I hate how the henchmen are always treated as disposable. They're people too.
>>
>villain "loves" (i.e. has an unhealthy obsession with) another character
That just makes the villain too pathetic for me.
>>
>>90944839
>He doesn't smell the toilet paper after wiping
what the fuck
>>
>>90940402
>That animal and/or baby is clearly speaking fluent English.
>It's never made clear if the humans/adults involved can actually understand them or not.

Can Jon and other humans understand Garfield?
>>
>>90945979
You been watchin' too many of them Cambodian paper lantern shows, son.
>>
>>90946607
I don't recall what they said in Logan, but I think that reaction really has changed.

The first X-Men movie changed the costumes to be more "badass" black leather and constantly made fun of the code names and comic stuff.

Newer cape movies like the Marvel stuff openly embraces all of that. I think in the early days of the cape movie boom the creators felt like they had to be very tongue-in-cheek and ironic, but now realize audiences love it sincerely.
>>
>>90940648
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_x9lSQ1SFLE
>>
>>90946975
I think anon means guys like Batman will even prevent the cops/FBI from shooting criminals. It's happened a lot.
>>
File: mook.png (3MB, 1024x2304px) Image search: [Google]
mook.png
3MB, 1024x2304px
>>90948303
Your post reminded me of this.
>>
>>90946804
well let's be clear about this. Misunderstandings for drama are a pain in the ass, misunderstandings for comedy can be hilarious
>>
>>90948165
>a hero that kills grunts but doesn't kill the boss is retarded.

Who exactly are you referring to here? The guys who don't kill like Spidey or Bats don't kill anyone, but they do beat on henchmen and bosses alike. They're pretty consistent in their no-kill ethos.

I can't think of a character who mows down grunts but won't touch the bosses.
>>
>>90946804
Just read Bakuman and every bit of drama in the manga could have been solved if the characters talked to each other instead of being edgy faggots.

Frustrating as fuck to read when you don't work in manga logic
>>
>>90940048
>Girlfriend gets in the way of the hero doing his goddamn job.
>Girlfriend whines that the hero kept a secret from her
>Hero mopes around because his bitch is bitching.
>>
File: 1475248939351.jpg (245KB, 1044x770px) Image search: [Google]
1475248939351.jpg
245KB, 1044x770px
>"Hey, person in the past, what's your name?"
>"Historical figure!"
>>
>>90949546
Even worse:

>is back in time, talks to some random person or kid
>says famous quote
>moments after the MC leaves, someone else comes up
>"Hey, [historical figure who said that quote], who was that?"

or

>is back in time, talks to some random person or kid
>mentions some concept or idea, or makes an analogy to something
>moments after the MC leaves, someone else comes up
>"Hey, [historical figure who invented that concept/idea], who was that?"

I hate that shit.
>>
>>90949806
I don't get what you even mean.
>>
>>90951782
The idea is that the main character gives the historical figure the idea/the quote he is famous for.
Like say the main character talks to Thomas Edison about a light bulb. But we don't know who the main character is talking to until a random character comes to give us the "big reveal"
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.