[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who'd win?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 13

File: Mugen_Afro_Samurai_Jack_Kenshin.png (361KB, 750x421px) Image search: [Google]
Mugen_Afro_Samurai_Jack_Kenshin.png
361KB, 750x421px
Who'd win?
>>
>>90929886
Jetstream Sam
>>
>>90929886
Is this left v right or top v bottom?
>>
>>90929958
I'd pay to see Jack fight Sam, to be honest.
>>
>>90929994
Free for all.
>>
>>90929886
>Mugen
dude wouldn't even touch the other three
>>
>>90930042
>>90929886
Kenshin and Jack agree to work together, since they're the only two who you can guarantee don't want to fight at all.

Either of them could probably beat Afro alone, though Afro goes for the kill with no mercy, which makes it a bit dicey.
>>
>>90930042
It would end up being Jack vs Afro. Kenshin and Mugen would get completely rekt
>>
>>90929886
Mugen would be the first to go for sure.
>>
>>90929886
Yes.
>>
>>90930151
Kenshin literally does some japanese mumbo jumbo transformation where he can't be cut by swords. he does it against Shishio
>>
>>90930112
>Kenshin and Jack agree to work together, since they're the only two who you can guarantee don't want to fight at all.
Motherfucking this.

Afro and Mugen both go for the kill immediately and one kills the other. Jack and Kenshin subdue the other with a little bit of trouble, then become friends.

>>90929958
Oh man, if he or Raiden were thrown into this, shit would be so cool.
>>
>>90930043
Yeah Mugen is heavily outmatched here.

>>90929886
Replace Mugen with Shichika.
>>
>>90929886
Isn't Kenshin the fastest of them because of shounen powers? Even with the reverse blade, it would still be difficult to keep up with.
>>
>>90929886
>Have sword that can only cut evil
>goes up against three good guys

Jack is at a disadvantage.
>>
>>90930553
Kenshin can't deflect gunfire. Jack and Afro have pulled it off
>>
If it's Hitokiri Kenshin he wins. If not, it'd end at a standstill due to Kenshin and Jack being pacifists.
>>
>>90930598
ehhh I'd argue that Afro and Mugen are not "good" in how the sword would define it? Like it didnt harm Jack but he's a pure good noble fucker. and Mugen and Afro....debateable honestly.
>>
>>90930598
A sword that cannot be used by evil against good. It can still be used by Jack to damage non evil people, objects, etc.

This misconception needs to be stamped out. Help me out and spread the word, anon.
>>
>>90930598

People need to stop misinterpreting this.

Jack's sword isn't "Can only cut evil"
It's that evil can't use the sword to harm good.
Ergo, a failsafe to protect the sword wielder from Aku trying to use it against them.
>>
>Never beat Jin
>Kariya didn't even take him seriously
>almost lost to the Chinese sword guy
Mugen would be the first one out
>>
Mugen is self taught and his style is completely unrefined. If Jin and Mugen's final bosses were switched Mugen would have gotten his shit stomped. And if Mugen and Jin did end up fighting to the death Jin would have iced him 2bh famalam,

mugen SHIT tier
>>
What if we used movie kenshin. He seems to be more grounded and on the level of the others.

Though he can't jump good.
>>
File: yahiko.jpg (14KB, 270x310px) Image search: [Google]
yahiko.jpg
14KB, 270x310px
>>90930791
Mugen vs. Yahiko during the Enishi arc, who wins? Yahiko is still using his lame wooden bokken sword in the fight because he never uses anything else.

You think Yahiko would beat his ass? That would be pretty embarrassing.
>>
>>90930665
Well Mugen did suggest they should rape Fuu. You could take it as a joke since he said it almost mockingly, but he's really not all that noble.
>>
>>90930940
Assuming the bokken is unbreakable? Yahiko can take him down.
>>
>>90932243
Given that Yahiko fought and defeated opponents on at least two occasions that I'm pretty sure would slaughter Mugen, I'm gonna agree.
>>
>>90930769
>>90930791
He also got his ass handed to him twice by the blind assassin Sara. Only reason he won the 2nd fight was because she gave him the win.
>>
File: thats bullshit but i believe it.png (94KB, 228x220px) Image search: [Google]
thats bullshit but i believe it.png
94KB, 228x220px
>>90930188
>japanese mumbo jumbo transformation where he can't be cut by swords
That sounds like bullshit but tell me more.
>>
File: political compass.png (15KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
political compass.png
15KB, 400x400px
>>90929886
is this a political compas?
>>
I dind't watch his series much but isn't Kenshin some kind of anime sword wizard?

I guess it ends like Kenshin>Jack>Afro>Mugen
>>
>>90934771
I think Jack's durability feats sort of dwarf Kenshin's. I know more about Kenshin than I do Jack; enough to know a hail of bullets from a fully automatic weapon would definitely kill him, as would impact upon atmospheric reentry.

Kenshin has some insane feats, but nothing like that. Amakakeru Ryu no Hirameki is insane with its consecutive strikes and creating a vacuum to draw the opponent in and shit like that, and Kenshin is extremely clever, but from what I've heard Jack dwarfs him in raw strength and even speed if he can shrug off a steady flow of bullets.
>>
>>90930151
Kenshin can literally move at speeds not seen by the human eye.
>>
>>90935002
Pretty sure Afro and jack can as well.
>>
>>90930791
They did fight to the death. Their swords gave out before either of them did.

I think, it's been a while since I saw Samurai Champloo.
>>
Kenshin > Jack > Afro > Mugen

Mugen would be out first, the other three are more skilled and Afro can take a fucking beating and still make the kill. Kenshin is the most bullshit, his speed is super human, and another sword user isn't going to best him unless they break swords against their body.
>>
>>90936370
What the hell killed him anyways? Cholera? Some bullshit disease?
>>
>>90930769
>almost lost to the Chinese sword guy
And Jin lost to the Chinese sword guy if I remembering correctly.
>>
>>90936415
Apparently it's never confirmed what it is, but it's similar to leprosy.
>>
>>90929886
Afro, Mugen, and Jack are just men. Kenshin has actual superpowers.
>>
>>90936541
Jack regularly fights giant monsters and multiple gunmen.
>>
>>90936370
Kenshin can't do shit against gunfire. Jack has had no problem deflecting bullets from machine guns. Plus there's that whole "kill 6 bounty hunters before a single drop of water" thing.

https://youtu.be/91EBPNFTj34?t=49s
>>
>>90929886
I know one side or the other of this debate will be influenced by the hype train, but the fact is Jack literally was trained by every available master in his time. He's not just a Samurai, he's a ninja, a master marksman and a shaolin mystical monk with heightened senses, spiritual mastery, superhuman leg power and recently virtually eternal youth.

He was trained to kill a demon. Unless the opponent can regenerate or is seemingly impervious to physical harm like Set's minions or the Guardian respectively he's not going down easy.

I'd say Afro is the only one who comes close to a similar background in that he knew he was going to fight something or someone who was seemingly supernatural but persisted anyway. Then again how he managed to actually prove a threat to Justice is unclear, I don't think the Number Two necessarily gave him the ability to harm the Number One, just the right to.
>>
>>90936637
But going by OP's image, this isn't Jack with his gun. Jack can deflect bullets but that doesn't do jackshit against any of the opponents here.
>>
>>90936541
But can he jump good?
>>
>>90936696
If we're talking about speed then that makes a difference. Kenshin is fast but he can't deflect bullets.
>>
>>90929886
Kenshin is crazy fast. That might be enough to win against the other 3. Otherwise, Jack.
>>
>>90936718
Afro can slice bullets in midair, does that make him the winner?
>>
>>90936732
Handgun or machinegun fire?
>>
>>90936748
Two revolvers and he took a piercing blow straight in the center of his head.
>>
Remember that time Mugen learned how to fire off fuckhuge DBZ blasts?
>>
Kuma would fuck the whole selection of.
>>
Remember, everyone but Jack got laid.
>>
>>90936782

Well, i can say atleast that the feats are kind of hard to match up since im hearing from one side that Kenshin is crazy fast and the other tells me he's not fast enough to not get shot

I still say Kenshin>Jack>Afro>Mugen

Mostly becouse of anime powers
>>
>>90936541
Mugen used ki shit one time
>>
>>90936916
Both Kenshin and Jack have drama powers out of this world.
>>
>>90935002
>>90930188
Kenshin literally can't keep up with his own swordman style because of his lack of muscles
>>
>>90936817
Shut up, Jinno! Your game sucked so hard it was pulled off of the shelves and they had to issue refunds.

The soundtrack was all right though. So was Gun Daniels. And having Brother 3 acts as your Ninja-Ninja was cool.
>>
>>90936916
Kenshin literally disappears and reenacts Bleach chapter with the nope I am behind you bullshit. Didn't Kenshin beat a Gatling gun too?

Afro has the highest durability. He has taken a spike in the center of his skull and got back up to kill a regenerator. He isn't slow either, to kill that regenerator he had to slash him multiple times fast enough that there wasn't enough left for him to regen from.

Everyone but Mugen has crazy bullshit feats.
>>
>>90937014
Platinum should have done an Afro Samurai game, keep the soundtrack and that shit would have been a success.
>>
>>90937058
>Platinum
>success

I love them. I really do. But it's an outright coin flip with those guys.
>>
File: puUrdph.png (653KB, 1089x733px) Image search: [Google]
puUrdph.png
653KB, 1089x733px
All of OP is dead, everyone with a sword is dead. The future refused to change though.

He could take all four of them, together and wouldn't beat a sweat.
>>
Platinum is the best bet, when they want to do stylized action, they do it damn well. Flops hard though, I mean really hard when they fuck up.
>>
>>90937031
He did beat a guy with a gatling gun, but that was because his gun jammed. He didn't actually deflect the bullets head on like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt2UIoBIgDk
>>
>>90936729
Kenshin got rekt by a guy with a 19 century gatling gun.

Jack deflects lasers and bullets from an army of dudes firing at him with ease.

Jack couldn't kill Kenshin because his sword wouldn't hurt him but he'd break Kenshin's sword and just punch him into unconsciousness.
>>
What does Jack have over Mugen?
>>
>>90937134
That good but I don't think that is going to help him against Kenshin. Kenshin's speed is ridiculous.
>>
>>90934577
His "mumbo jumbo transfromation" doesn't make him immune to being cut he just becomes super fast.and most of his enemies are unable to land a hit which i guess is pretty much the same fucking thing...
>>
>>90937169
Literally everything.

The only thing Mugen is good at is not dying after getting his shit kicked in
>>
>>90937169
Jack's trained from all over the world. Mugen's lack of discipline is made clear in the last few eps.

Mugen also didn't manage to get good at senses against his blind opponent.
>>
>>90930598
Afro and Mugen aren't exactly good guys, and even Kenshin is morally ambiguous
>>
>>90930672
I'll try, but at some point it might get meaningless if it's chiefly to correct people in PL threads instead of informing new viewers of the show who are genuinely confused and need clarification.
>>
>>90937169
Mugen lost to a blind woman with a spear. Jack took on three blind archers, while blindfolded, who could fire hundreds of arrows in seconds and decimate entire armies of robots in minutes.

Jack has a bunch of ridiculous feats like that
>>
>>90937195
That's not completely correct either. He gets heightened perception and it makes it easier for him to dodge and counter things.
>>
>>90937095
Too bad his waifu couldn't.
>>
File: 1460305173763.jpg (105KB, 848x477px) Image search: [Google]
1460305173763.jpg
105KB, 848x477px
>>90937449
Remove your post this instant
>>
>>90929886
a conversation between afro and jack would be interesting
>>
>>90937142
>Jack couldn't kill Kenshin because his sword wouldn't hurt him
Stop this. Really. That's not how the sword works. It can't be used BY EVIL AGAINST GOOD. Thats it. Jack can use it to cut whatever he wants.
>>
Shishio > all
>so OP they had to give him a retarded 15-minute timer
>>
>>90937095

This.
>>
Samurai Jack>Afro Samurai>>Kenshin>>Mugen

People are underestimating Jack's speed feats (like his high end shit is pretty far out there) or overrating Kenshin's "now I'm behind you" trope.
>>
>>90929886
I don't know who the one on the top right is. Looks familiar though.
>>
>>90930598
I thought the deal with Jack's sword was "Cannot harm those pure of heart." If someone that was evil took the sword they could use it just fine as long as whatever they fight was not pure of heart. Like in that episode where Aku takes the sword, if he just fucked off with it and then used it on anyone but Jack it'd work just fine.

Now Kenshin may be the best out of the other three in OP's pic, I mean morals and shit not skill with a sword, but being a former manslayer I'd say he doesn't qualify as pure of heart. In this kind of fight really the only advantage this gives Jack, assuming we're talking about S1-4 Jack here, is that if anyone takes his sword it can't be used against him.

Also I haven't seen the show Kenshin is from since Toonami aired it. How is it, worth a rewatch?

>>90936696
>Jack can deflect bullets but that doesn't do jackshit against any of the opponents here.

If he can deflect bullets than that means Jack's speed and reaction time are the best out of the bunch. In a sword fight whoever lands the first strike usually wins. If you're the fastest you usually deal the first hit.
>>
>>90929886
Jack's basically a DBZ character compared to these three. He's faster, stronger, does better against numbers, and can get naked for a power boost.
>>
>>90936782
>Two revolvers

Is Afro Samurai set in a certain time period? Because I would imagine that just by virtue of Jack's setting having scifi tech the rounds from those machine guns he deflected were being fired not only at a faster rate than a real world gun, but the rounds were traveling at a higher speed as well.
>>
>>90937086
>But it's an outright coin flip with those guys.

Not really. If you want the game to be good give them an appropriate budget. Or by "success" do you mean "sell well"? Cause yeah, coin toss.
>>
File: Afro Samurai Origin.jpg (388KB, 1360x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Afro Samurai Origin.jpg
388KB, 1360x1920px
>>90939177
Nah. It's full of anachronisms and misplaced cultural elements:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-cSIpi3D80

You've got monks wearing headphones and communicating on cellphones too.
>>
>>90939213
Wasn't this some Spike TV Original Show or did they just happen to air it? If it's the former seems like a weird thing for them to make.
>>
>>90930598
Afro is an outright evil guy. Mugen's just neutral. Kenshin's the only good guy there, and he's more likely to talk it out than fight it out.
>>
>>90936696
The point is that Jack is so fast and so strong he can react to an ambush, counter it, and finish 6 deadly killers in the time it takes a drop of water to fall.

Jack is ridiculously strong and fast.
>>
File: Afro Samurai is a Meanie.jpg (528KB, 1360x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Afro Samurai is a Meanie.jpg
528KB, 1360x1920px
>>90939248
It's based on a short Japanese manga, animated by GONZO, and did indeed premiere on Spike TV. Its sequel also debuted on Spike TV.

>>90939262
This. His manga version most of all. He won't attack you unless you attack him, but if you happen to be in a position where he can use you as a human shield against others, he will. A few pages later, he did the same thing with this guy's handicapped sister against a gattling gun.
>>
>>90939146
>Also I haven't seen the show Kenshin is from since Toonami aired it. How is it, worth a rewatch?
Fuck the anime. Read the manga. It's not hard to find for free online. It is absolutely worth it to just read Rurouni Kenshin.

And the stipulation on Jack's sword is someone evil can't use it to harm someone good. Jack can use it on who or whatever he wants because he is not evil.
>>
>>90929886

you're all small time
>>
>>90939460
The catch-22 is if you'd use it on just anyone, you'd be evil, so you still can't use it on good.
>>
>>90939375
Yeah. Afro Samurai is about how revenge will make you into a monster.
>>
>>90939460
>And the stipulation on Jack's sword is someone evil can't use it to harm someone good.

Jack says "in the hands of evil it cannot be used to harm an innocent". I'm sure if Aku or any other evil being tried to use it on another evil being it'd work just fine.
>>
>>90930112
Agreed. Jack would take one look at Kenshin's sword and know what he's about.
>>
>>90937169
1.) Smarter. Jack, less than a week in the future, devises, prepares, and executes a plan that pits him against a literal army. He makes use of technology that is very new to him successfully, all outside of its normal purpose.

2.) Faster. Jack can block bullets and arrows mid flight. He reacts faster than a woman able to cut falling drops of water mid-air. He can kill or disable at least 6 professional murderers in less than the time it takes a drop of water to fall.

3.) Stronger. Jack scales mountains and tears war robots apart with melee weapons. He punched a futuristic battle armor so hard the mask cracked. He threw a woman against a wall so hard the blow to the back of her head shattered the mask she had on. He can jump about the height of a redwood tree.

4.) More skilled. Jack is a master swordsman; an expert with multiple guns; capable of using the full range of ninjitsu, karate, and kung fu; an expert axe thrower and archer; a skilled spearman; a skilled axeman.
>>
File: 0007509916_10[1].jpg (208KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
0007509916_10[1].jpg
208KB, 1024x1024px
>>90937058
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8qjW_SQeCc

The actually good Afro Samurai game sequel.
>>
I'm thinking Afro
>>
>>90930211
NUTS AND BOLTS
>>
>>90930211
Remove Mugen, add Raiden, I say. Though this still probably gets us a scenario where 3 of the 4 agree that there's no good cause to fight.
>>
>>
>>90939782
It's insane how useless the gun was.
>>
How about Jack vs Jack (Raiden)?
>>
>>90940912
This is way harder, because their demonstrated power sets are much closer together than these others. Raiden no-holds-barred is deadly AND bloodthirsty, but Jack does always have naked mode, and Raiden IS just nuts and bolts.
>>
I'd probably put Jack over Kenshin. The latter's blunted sword is why.

Kenshin's greatest attack the HITEN MITSURUGI-RYU AMAKAKERU RYU NO HIRAMEKI puts a lot of strain on his body and he can use it a limited amount of times because of that.

Considering Jack's sheer level of prowess, it's the only way Kenshin is going to win; landing that attack.

Problem is, we already know that it's not guaranteed victory - Shishio got up after taking it, and only died because containing Steve Blum's voice was too much for him and he exploded into fire.

Jack is extremely durable. He could probably take the hit and get up again.

In terms of pure skill, Kenshin would probably win because that's literally his thing - he is so good that despite his rather average body he is able to fuck up pretty much anyone. But Jack is just that powerful.

Mugen and Afro need not apply.
>>
>>90934969
kenshin is a glass cannon. like to the point that the use of his own style ended up fucking him up for life
>>
replace mugen with someone better. like he would literally get ragdolled by the other three
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.