[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Not To Apply For A Job At Marvel Comics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 226
Thread images: 25

File: C7ETejpWgAE-OW9.jpg (24KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
C7ETejpWgAE-OW9.jpg
24KB, 500x375px
Lots of people want to write comics. Lots of people want to write for Marvel Comics More than could possibly be able to. So a successful candidate has to stand out. Usually, that’s by their work, establishing talent, a fan base.

But John Del Arroz has decided to speed up that process by insulting everyone else who works there. After going through a bunch of people’s twitter feeds, he writes,

18/18 Marvel writers, 100%, are extreme left wing ideologues who hate half of the country, have nothing nice to say about the USA or its president ever. While the severity of how often they post this garbage varies, the message is always the same. That is crazy. It speaks to the fact that there absolutely is blackballing for “wrongthink” going on in comics publishing, that it’s so far extreme it’s unbelievable, and that these companies have litmus tests for their stories. The writers take to twitter constantly to shake fists at average Americans (who are their customers and readers, I must stress again) and have turned their pamphlets into Lyndon LaRouche fliers instead of optimistic superhero stories they should be. They have zero diversity, and most of these writers wouldn’t actually even TOLERATE someone thinking differently than them.
>>
This is why your sales are in the toilet, Axel Alonso (Editor in chief). If you can’t even bring yourself to get one dissenting voice on your staff to go “heeeeey maybe we shouldn’t, in every single book we publish, stick middle fingers up at our overwhelmingly primary audience of 18-35 year old white males who buy comics, as about 2/3 of them voted in a way that is contrary to the social narratives we’re pushing.” Instead, they foolishly double down and tell that audience they aren’t wanted, that they’re overrepresented and that they want a different audience.

Apparently, sales would increase if Chuck Dixon was writing half the line. Sorry, not Chuck Dixon. John has another writer in mind.

Mr. Alonso, I have attempted to reach you multiple times on twitter. I am a Hispanic writer who’s done sci-fi, comics, AND I’m Trump supporter, but most importantly I’ve been influenced by the action/adventure stories of Stan Lee, Edgar Rice Burroughs and others through the #PulpRevolution and Appendix N, which is the kind of content by which Marvel desperately needs an injection. Moreover, I hail from UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, one of the most prestigious business programs in the world. I understand business and marketing and how this works, and why your course isn’t working. ComicBookResources.com wrote about my work: “the kind of stuff that made me fall in love with early Marvel comics”. You can’t get more diverse than that or more qualified than that. You NEED that on your staff. Bring me in. I can help. I’m always available to chat.

The classic “everything you do is terrible, including being you. So hire me” job application. It’s not who you know but who you flame. Everyone knows that’s how you get on in life. That’s why I’ve just been hired as Kevin Feige‘s new script editor. Sorry, I’ll talk later, I have to try and bring the budget for Infinity War.
>>
>>90912448
you sound salty anon
>>
File: 1490063242399.png (517KB, 1014x786px) Image search: [Google]
1490063242399.png
517KB, 1014x786px
>entire blog post about a random hispanic twitter shitposter
Comic news sites are the worst.
>>
File: laughporpoise.jpg (190KB, 580x386px) Image search: [Google]
laughporpoise.jpg
190KB, 580x386px
Hi, John.
>>
>AND I’m Trump supporter
Part of the problem, ésè.
>>
>>90912479
Rich Johnson the Dave Meltzer of comics.
>>
>>90912479
>normalfag "memes"
Just as bad desu
>>
I didn't know /co/ tried applying for a job at Marvel.
>>
He'll never get a job in Marvel after that. Comics are a collaborative effort, and he just burned many bridges. Dumb fuck let his pride get the better of him
>>
>>90912548
>He'll never get a job at Marvel after that
No huge loss, desu. Maybe DC will give him a call in a few years.
>>
>>90912548
>He'll never get a job in Marvel after that.
You don't get a job ANYWHERE by tweeting the guy in charge, let alone tweeting him insults.
>>
Marvel needs a wake up call
>>
>>90912548
I don't think that's guaranteed.

Most of the "collaborators" will never work at Marvel either. If he builds an undeniable portfolio pissing people off really doesn't matter. Assholes exist in every industry, successful ones and failures.

Do I think Alonso is mad about it? Maybe yes maybe no. For one thing without this story he'd probably never have seen it. And two, it's an opinion from a guy who isn't employed by him. if he was already hired and ripping his employer that would be a bigger problem.

A public statement or apology or even an acknowldgement would be all that was necessary if the guy was undeniably talented and they decided to bring him in. Creates a narrative to follow, like when a big name switches companies.

All that said, dude could be a bum so none of that may apply. Is his art (or writing) google-able?
>>
>>90912448
Why would anyone WANT a job at marvel comics? Everyone on /co/ should already realize that even Walmart treats its employees better.
>>
That first part's not wrong, but this guy is cribbing from the sjw playbook himself with the "hire me" plea.
Establish yourself in another field (novels, tv/film scripts, webcomics) then Marvel will hire you. From what I can tell, this guy wrote one sci-fi novel that was published last year. Write more.
>>
Let's take a look at Mr. Del Tha Funkee Arrozsapien's bibliography, pulled directly from his personal website:

Novels:
>Star Realms: Rescue Run

Comics:
>Flying Sparks: A comic about a hero and villain dating under their secret identities, each unaware of each others’ secret lives.
>“Hannah’s Story”: A short story following the life of fan favorite supporting character, Hannah Combs.
>Back Row Presents: Short comics with the theme of THE LAW. Co-Written with Brady Sullivan.
>“Decision Points” – IF-X Magazine’s “East”
>“The Marshall Plan” – If-X Magazine’s “South”

Short Stories:
>“The Romance Chip”: – Irony of Survival Anthology
>“Monster Mingle and Kris Kringle”: – Naughty or Nice Anthology

Game Lore:
>Doomtown: Reloaded by Alderac Entertainment Group
>Tiny Frontiers RPG by Gallant Knight Games
>The Captain Is Dead by Alderac Entertainment Group

Truly this is a man deserving of an immediate writing position at Marvel Comics.
>>
>>90912603
While I see what you're saying none of what he said was really an "insult". Just opinions. Yes, people get in their feelings, but business is business. If they thought the dude could bring in money they would hire him.

Unless I missed it, I didn't see one personal attack. Saying that the writers were all uber liberals who hate half the country is probably close to accurate and something a few would probably agree to.
>>
>having something nice to say about the president is a requirement for this guy to respect you

I'm pretty sure most adults anywhere in the world wouldn't have something nice to say about that sentient grapefruit.

Also, I'm curious what this guy thinks "extreme left wing" is. He's probably still reeling from women getting the vote.
>>
>>90912666
Huge profile boost. Solid rates, and some of the best out of all American publishers. Also they're in a much more interesting place content-wise than DC, a lot more creative freedom.

I was scouted by their talent manager recently, and while they haven't offered me anything yet I wouldn't think twice about taking a job (if I was available)
>>
Why would you even WANT to work at Marvel at this point? To write more stupid shit like Spider-Man's Satanic Divorce?

Good for him for blowing Marvel out. Takes guts desu
>>
>>90912458
>“heeeeey maybe we shouldn’t, in every single book we publish, stick middle fingers up at our overwhelmingly primary audience of 18-35 year old white males who buy comics, as about 2/3 of them voted in a way that is contrary to the social narratives we’re pushing.”

While I agree in principle that a greater diversity of opinions and positions would benefit the company creatively and commercially, I reject the premise of this statement. I have a difficult time believing that Marvel's primary audience is contained within those two thirds of that demographic who voted for Trump. I suspect that most Trump supporters within that age and ethnic demographic have other interests they pursue instead. I'm not going to speculate as to what those might be since almost anything I suggest might come across as condescending, but I just don't see that many of those sorts of voices in the online discussions which I see to believe that they represent a big portion of the buying public.
>>
>>90912685
His novel's pretty well-reviewed on Amazon, but one novel's not enough.
>>
>>90912458
>I am a Hispanic writer AND I’m Trump supporter
I wonder how his grandparents feel about him wanting them kicked out of the country.
>>
>>90912685
>Flying Sparks: A comic about a hero and villain dating under their secret identities, each unaware of each others’ secret lives.

For what it's worth, that does sound like it could be an entertaining premise for like a six-or-so issue long story as long as interesting stuff is going on separate from that premise. Like, I'd love to see someone like Robert Kirkman write a comic book series with a premise like this.
>>
>>90912766
Why do you assume they came to the US illegally?
>>
>>90912448
Sensitive much?
>>
>>90912448
on one hand the dude's right, if you're not on the left you generally do get black balled in entertainment circles.
And marvel does need diversity of thought. because comics honestly feel like a circle jerk of fan fiction writers.
on the other hand though
>everyone who doesn't like trump is automatically "100%, are extreme left wing ideologues who hate half of the country, have nothing nice to say about the USA or its president ever." even though as hes listing writers he mentions some don't actually post a lot about trump
>>
>>90912568
No way would DC hire this dumbass after this.
>>
>>90912448
of course, you have to be a self involved opinionated leftist to push through the clusterfuck that is the entertainment industry and get your work made
if they weren't those types they would have given up trying a long time ago
>>
>>90912805
Funnily enough I think the dude has a better chance of working at Marvel still than DC lol. I feel like marvel appreciates a troll. DC wants their writers and artists to just be names on a book if they aren't Scott Snyder. Then the let the little faggot babble all day.
>>
>>90912735

It's like videogames, man. Straight white men are THE audience. Pandering to homos and trannies and blacks isn't going to get you much more sales, because ultimately it's straight white men who buy your product.
>>
>>90912887

There's nothing wrong with trying to broaden your appeal. In the end though, you need to know who your MAIN audience is.
>>
>In yesterday’s post on Marvel, I talked about the global problems that have gone on for a long time that have consequently torpedoed the comic book industry over decades. Disney is either complacent in this or they are pushing this decline of this division, which can only be described as a complete business failure. It doesn’t make sense at all from a rational economic mindset. The only place it does make sense is in the bizarre emotions of social justice warriors. Like science fiction publishing, like the convention scene that decided I’m not welcome, the exact same issue plagues Marvel to where they can’t make rational decisions.

>Marvel has a diversity problem.

>In that they have none in terms of diversity of thought. They are a pure social justice propaganda arm. This is dangerous when it comes to creating art, as if you have everyone thinking in lockstep, unable to get outside the box, you’ll have creative stagnation. More than that, when you turn children’s adventure fiction into adult message browbeating, you lose any semblance of fun that a product formerly had. It’s no wonder that sales have dropped by about half, when they have an entire writing core of every single one of their monthly writers hell-bent on a crusade of alienating half of the country in some social engineering through comics. I don’t exaggerate my numbers either, and I did some leg work for you all so you might better make educated purchases, or lack thereof, of Marvel Comics.
>>
>>90912448
>average Americans (who are their customers

The average American owns a comic shop?
>>
>>90912448
>average american
>reading
lol
>>
>>90912956

>Just looking on the comics rack, you can see where Marvel has decided to make a foolish stand. No sane person would go and buy these comics anymore, there’s nothing of value there. All they have left is legacy purchasers who have made such a habit of picking them up that they can’t drop it. Even those have been dwindling because Marvel’s taken their political nonsense to more of an extreme than Tor Books or Hollywood itself. Stories themselves don’t exist in a vacuum, however, it stems from their editorial and who they hire to write, which are no longer the brightest creative minds, but SJWs who yell the loudest and who purposefully virtue signal at every turn.

>According to marvel.com, there are 18 writers on the current releases. I went through each and every one of their twitter accounts to give you a summary of where they spend their time on social media in terms of politics. I don’t mind people getting political occasionally, or even necessarily holding left wing views, but when it’s constant beating the drum of anger and hate, that’s what makes an SJW, and that’s where one needs to stay away (and is a primary reason for Marvel’s steep sales decline in recent years). Here’s a brief summary of the writers’ twitter feeds, as I’ve gone through all of them for you:

>Mike Costa – Constant Anti-Trump posts.

>Jason Aaron – Anti-Trump, has #resist greenpeace retweet from inauguration. However, he doesn’t post politically very often, not pushing some anger crusade all the time.

>Brian Michael Bendis – Anti-Trump posts, but posts so much it’s not a large percentage of his tweets.

>Cullen Bunn – Rabid anti-Trump.

>Becky Cloonan – a couple of snarky anti-Trump posts pre-election, but no political posts since. From the feeds, appears to be the sanest of the Marvel staff.

>Gerry Duggan – Constant Anti-Trump posts, retweets Bernie (he can still win!).
>>
>>90912969
>Al Ewing – British, and doesn’t seem to post a lot of American politics, but very heavily steeped in globalism in immigration “rights” in his posts. Anti-Western civilization.

>Roxanne Gay – Constant rants about feminism, anti-Trump posts.

>Zac Gorman – Complains about Republicans as “joke”, but only one recent post as such. Low percentage of political tweets.

>Derek Landy – Anti-Trump, not overwhelming in political posts. Mostly sticks to posts about writing.

>Kate Leth – Regular anti-Trump posts. Constant complaints about some boogeyman “privilege”, rambles at racist, sexist, etc., “white dudes”. Rants about queer issues.

>Stuart Moore – Regular posts anti-republican, anti-Trump.

>Greg Pak – Complains about “representation” of different races. Lots of anti-Trump posts.

>Dan Slott – Anti-trump rants all the time.

>Charles Soule – Constant anti-trump rants.

>Nick Spencer – Rants about trump/republicans and calls anyone who disagrees with him flat out evil.

>G.Willow Wilson – “Muslim” Ms. Marvel writer, rants anti-Trump posts all the time.

>Chip Zdarksy – Constant anti-Trump posts.

http://delarroz.com/?p=663
>>
>>90912458
>I understand business and marketing and how this works

A monopoly got their back and they're trophy wives to a mega-conglomerate, so why'd they care?
>>
>>90912994
>Anti-Western civilization.
So Ewing is a weeb? Based Ewing.
>>
>>90912448
>Lots of people want to write for Marvel Comics

Human garbage will always be with us
>>
I can buy this.

Have you ever seen a modern Marvel comic that decided to get political and that's not one-sidedly left-wing? The best we can hope for is for it to be neutral.
>>
File: Contest of Champions 10 t cuck.jpg (376KB, 780x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Contest of Champions 10 t cuck.jpg
376KB, 780x1200px
>>90913015
He couldn't figure out a better way to say Ewing wants Britain replaced with Muslims.
>>
>>90912969
>>90912994

This is probably the most autistic thing I've seen all week. Also,

>"Muslim"

Classy.
>>
>>90913035
Hastings's Vote Loki achieved neutrality, one of the best political comics Marvel's done.
>>
>>90912969
>>90912994
What kind of fucktard goes to these lengths, he's only making himself look worse
>>
>>90912458
>You fucking idiot, give me a job.

Well then
>>
>>90912568
yeah they're desperate for talent
>>
>>90913036
aside from mr. bean nothing of value is lost
>>
>>90912685
Better than Keith leith or the bitch that writes mockingbird
>>
>>90912735
most of that demographic didn't even vote, so it's stupid to say trump voters or anything else.
>>
Twitter was a mistake
>>
I like this guy
for how everyone is going 'how salty lololol' the thread is already a giant mine of white ripe for harvesting
>>
>>90912994
>SJWs threaten my red, white, and blue freedomz in comics, le 1984 orwell total communism
>here is a list of 18 Marvel writers who tweet things against the guy I voted for president
He is 100% bitchmade just like most Marvel writers , I'll give him that. But is it enough to hire him, I wouldn't know, man.
>>
>people are still so booty blasted about modern Marvel not being more right-wing/conservative

Do you all really expect a super hero to lament about the "gay agenda" being "pushed down their throats" or how one of their friends lost a job to a minority? Or how about a superhero blasting all illegal immigrants as being criminals and rapists? People jerk off to the notion of a conservative writer being able to get up on a soapbox in modern comics, but the reality is that superheroes have never said this shit. Because wanting to marginalize groups of people isn't very superheroic. If there weren't Marv books with the main character lamenting the "forced multiculturalism" of the country back in the 70s/80s what makes you think that wouldn't stick out like a sore thumb now?
>>
>>90912448
>18/18 Marvel writers, 100%, are extreme left
and this is where you fucked up John
>>
>>90913298
Nobody expects this.

Politics in comics have generally been liberal throughout the years. The problem is that has extended to just the very heroes themselves. There really is no defending the swift, obvious shift that happened and continues since ANAD. It was All New All-non-white. It's not being salty to call that out. Its being salty to wonder why we don't want to buy it.

We just want superheroes being superheroes. Go fit agendas into indies and creator owned projects.
>>
>>90912448
I think this makes sense. I guess you could call me a liberal for the lack of better word, but I do agree that Marvel's too one-note in everything they put out. Left, right and everyone between are capable of coming up with stories and maybe different views could even help to spicy things up.

On the other hand certain people tend to blow things out of proportions on the internet, and hiring a person with the ''wrong'' worldview would most likely blast Marvel's face clean off.
>>
File: hulkymca2.jpg (135KB, 600x824px) Image search: [Google]
hulkymca2.jpg
135KB, 600x824px
>>90913298
Marvel comics have published books with a conservative message in the past. The Punisher became a massive hit with three ongoings at the end of Reagan's and through Bush's America.
>>
>>90913415
Comics like that routinely make the rounds of EXAMPLES OF THE UTTER BIGOTRY OF THE PAST WE CAN'T LET OUR CHERISHED MEDIUM GO THROUGH AGAIN in your bazinga site of choice though
>>
File: Punisher - War Zone 006-015.jpg (1MB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Punisher - War Zone 006-015.jpg
1MB, 988x1500px
>>90913470
There's always at least moving back to Ennis-style edgy working class liberalism that wouldn't have a place in current Marvel.
>>
>>90913415
That examples not even conservative though. That's just straight up homophobic. I'm pretty sure the conservative platform back then wasn't "gays will try to rape you in the shower". There's no politics on that page. Just stereotypes.

>The Punisher
The Punisher never went on a soapbox lamenting the downfall of the white man or the country having too many Mexican immigrants.

>>90913470
I don't understand how you could look at that page as anything but bigoted.

>>90913360

Why are you equating being liberal to featuring comics with non-white protagonists? Is being non-white inherently non-conservative? Does being conservative automatically make you opposed to non-white people being represented in comics?
>>
>>90913415
>>90913701
That scene is actually based on a true experience Jim Shooter had while living at a YMCA in New York as a teenager.
>>
>>90913701
>I don't understand how you could look at that page as anything but bigoted.

If every man is a potential rapist being fully confirmed in the pages of a comic book then yes, I suppose it is bigoted :^)
>>
>>90913701
im not equating non-white to liberal. im equating trying to make everything non-white to liberal.

learn to fucking read faggot.
>>
>>90913743
But then that's not actually political. Just anecdotal. Why bring it up when speaking about conservative politics?
>>
File: Jew vs Jew.png (195KB, 1853x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Jew vs Jew.png
195KB, 1853x1158px
>>90912448
http://desuarchive.org/co/thread/87986373/#87986373

Why would anyone want to work at Marvel?
>>
>>90913741
>Handicaps
>Walks free
Were they trying to do that when they thought of the title for this?
>>
>>90913787
Progressives like to brush such incidents under the carpet, see Sweden, London.
>>
>>90913769
But why is representation of race an issue for you? There are still white characters with books. Even newer characters who were white who got books like Star Brand.
>>
>>90913701
>I'm pretty sure the conservative platform back then wasn't "gays will try to rape you in the shower"

Er... Not explicitly.
>>
>>90913809
You're a fucking moron and didn't even read the article.
>>
>>90912448
Are Punisher comics left wing as well?
>>
>>90913963
You're a fucking dumbass if you think handicap automatically = ability to walk is a clever joke.
>>
Guy's pretty fucking stupid to out himself like this but he's completely right in that Marvel's been shooting themselves in the foot for over a decade now and pandering/marketing to people who just don't buy comics.
>>
>>90913954
>Don't worry little blonde girl, I'm here to protect you while you take a piss."

What are you even talking about?
>>
>>90913987
I didn't say/imply it was clever at all. You're projecting and only making yourself look like you have a stick up your ass.
(That wasn't put there against your will by another human being)
>>
>>90914000
As if comic sales were through the roof a decade ago.
>>
>>90914048
Better than they are now.
>the ship's got a hole in it, let's shoot another one in it and see what happens
Is fucking retarded.
>>
>>90914000
>and pandering/marketing to people who just don't buy comics.

The issue is that they aren't selling to them in the first place. They're doing business with Diamond, which in turn does business with comic shops. Their money comes from Diamond, which gets it from comic shops, which are keeping themselves afloat with trading card games and action figures.
>>
>>90914043
>being this analy bothered someone didn't like your joke

Kek let it go my dude
>>
>>90914077
Let what go? you're the one going around all assblasted about it.
>>
>>90914075
>Better than they are now.

Where's your source for that? Burden of proof is on you, friend.
>>
>>90913806
great comics, great movies, great tv shows

why WOULDN'T anyone want to work at Marvel?
>>
>>90914020
During the last election, plenty of male Reps stormed into women's bathrooms to protect the little girls and ladies there from Transsexuals.
>>
>>90912685
>>90912685
Literally more impressive than Kate Leth or Gaby Rivera.
>>
>>90914110
You get called out for making a joke that makes no sense about an article you didn't read and then get super defensive about it. Let it go lmao
>>
>>90914136
>Marvel should hire more bottom of the barrel writers that criticize the company and write dumb comics

I mean, I'd think Marvel would learn their lesson.
>>
>>90914141
I wasn't even making a joke. Are you going to be done with your autistic little shitfit yet?It's like I'm talking to a middle schooler that's failing his classes.
>>
>>90914136
I read comics about dudes creeping on girls ten years their junior until they either get friendzoned or (given that the girl in question came sufficiently pre-damage) score that were better than her shit.
>>
The market will break Marvel long before any angry letters to the internet. In the end they're still doing it for the money and will turn on everything they "love" if it hurts their wallet enough.
>>
>>90913809
>handicap means someone can't walk

/co/ this is why people think you're all dumb neckbeards who have never left the house.
>>
>>90914075
Comic sales have been rising since 2011 although the growth stalled significantly last year.
>>
>>90914210
What was the statement then? That they put handicap and walk free in the same title? Handicap means a lot of different things. Not just walking.
>>
>>90913872
Why do you keep trying to imply I dislike the concept of representation. If you want to call me racist go ahead lol. Don't dance around it as if you have a point to make.
>>
File: 344575678.jpg (19KB, 283x434px) Image search: [Google]
344575678.jpg
19KB, 283x434px
>>90913743
>That scene is actually based on a true experience Jim Shooter had while living at a YMCA in New York as a teenager.
He was the one doing the raping, wasn't he?
>>
>>90914302
I mean, if you have an issue with people who are non-white starring in comics then you do have an issue with representation. I don't have to imply anything.
>>
>>90912448
What's with the Bleeding Cool shills infesting this board?
Isn't your site bankrolled by Avatar Press?
What are they paying you, surplus rape/torture variants?
>>
>>90912448
Are we still in doubt that BvS reviews were hijacked by liberals fags buttblasted about MoS/BvS religious and conservative values?

Daily reminder that Krypton was a degenerate shithole that had no nuclear families, babies were made in labs allowing gays to have children and that shit was their ruin.

Jor-El has a son the old fashioned way. By having a MALE insert a dick into FEMALE and having a child, who was destined to become the redeemer of the failed commie society.
>>
>>90914294
And? A person that can't walk is still a handicapped person so it still makes a juxtaposition between the state of the victim and the assailant.
In addition to being overly hostile about a perceived inconsistency in language, said complaint doesn't even make any logical sense as said statement is still logically coherent.
>>
File: rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg (39KB, 928x523px) Image search: [Google]
rtrleight452169-h_2016.jpg
39KB, 928x523px
>>90912448
Why didn't he go straight to Ike?
>>
File: Where-Monsters-Dwell-3-Cover.jpg (386KB, 1200x1821px) Image search: [Google]
Where-Monsters-Dwell-3-Cover.jpg
386KB, 1200x1821px
>>90913581
Ennis has been blacklisted from Marvel after Where Monsters Dwell tho.
>>
>>90914702
Just don't feel like using him or an actual blacklisting?
>>
>>90914714
It's a pretty obvious blacklisting since they have an entire Punisher MAX mini by him unreleased.
>>
File: 1490098676322.jpg (561KB, 700x534px) Image search: [Google]
1490098676322.jpg
561KB, 700x534px
>This thread

You niggas just jelly that he managed to publish his own stuff while you all can't even keep the premier pulp discord functioning
>>
>>90914853
Damn shame. I wonder what for.
>>
Ooph. That's a lot of entitled bitterness.
>>
>>90914345
You can't even read well enough to shit post. The implication I said you were making was not that I dislike representation. That was the question you asked me. It wasn't an implication you made. The implication made by asking that question is that the other party is racist.

Learn to talk shit faggot.
>>
>>90914451
It doesn't go so in-depth but it was the general idea that it's just boys fighting because they're boys.

the movie dropped after TFA which gave bitches a YASSS queen and deadpool which basically said "comic book movies need to be silly, see." which was an idea that disappeared by the time Logan came out.

I truly think if BvS released in the fall before TFA it would have gotten much more decent and forgiving reviews. 2016 was a politically divisive year and most media was viewed through the lens of "can/should women like this?"
>>
Can we start taking far-left extremists to task WITHOUT also fucking being far-right Trump-supporting extremists?

Fucking hell.
>>
I agree with much of what he says, and I'm a lefty. He just comes off as an asshat.
>>
>>90912685
That is a lot better than other current marvel writer, hell the black panther writer used to be a novelist.
>>
He's right in the fact that all of the big writers at Marvel are twitter crybabies that don't hide their politics at all. If I was at all famous I wouldn't ever talk about politics. Hell, I don't even like sharing my politics now.
He still sounds like a crybaby though.
>>
>>90912458
>I understand business and marketing
>so hire me as a writer
>>
>>90915297
That's funny, I'm a righty and disagree with him on principle because he's being an asshat.
>>
>>90915430

They won't unless you completely remove SJWs from comics as well. The two are intertwined.
>>
>>90915430
There's been shitty political discussion in comics for the last fifty years. At this point, it's a mainstay.
>>
>>90915423
You don't disagree on principal if that's your reason.

>>90915430
Oh this is fun I can do it to:

Can /co/mblr please leave and let us talk about the state of comics? (I noticed you didn't use a question mark.)

Thank you.
>>
>>90912458
what an ass

but hes not wrong
>>
>>90912824
Like the president's wife?
>>
>>90915560
Which is why I don't think the people saying "HE'S FUCKED IF HE THINKS HE'LL WORK FOR MARVEL." know anything they're talking about. Probably wage slaves.

Number one, dude probably never would have worked there regardless. Number two, none of this was particularly insulting to editorial. If it was untrue it'd be one thing. They know what they've done has back-fired. If he had Marvel in his future (which none of us can say) this doesn't untable it.
>>
>>90915664
it'll be funny if he becomes an editor in chief few years from now, after perlmutter get bored with his current puppets
>>
>>90915548
You don't know what my principals related to asshatery are.
>>
>>90915664
Hey, conservatives have worked for Marvel in recent history, like Edmonson who wrote those boring Punisher and Red Wolf books.
Of course he had to deal with a smear campaign from people like Kot who accused him of unspecified harassment.
>>
>>90912448
This is why new comics need to come out, it's much easier because you can publish them on the internet and don't have to worry so much about publishers.
>>
Why does he want to work at marvel if it's so terrible then? Is he a masochist? At this point I'd rather just see them burnt to the ground instead of trying to fix them.
>>
>>90915664
>They know what they've done has back-fired.
You don't know what they know.
>>
>>90912548
>>90912603
He's too smart to really believe this type of approach will get him hired. I think he just wanted to vent. In any case, he's right about everything else.
>>
>>90915832
Most likely a characterfag and wants to write the fanfiction that he's kept in his folder for twenty years.
>>
>>90915832
The same reason everyone wants to write for a company where they don't own the work they produce, a love of the characters.
>>
>>90915786
Nice try.
>>
>>90915841
Marvel's adding meat and potatoes back to the menu after Secret Empire is finished.
>>
>>90915885
they lost long time ago.
it's some idiot, pretending to be retarded for (you)s
>>
>>90913053
Too bad the interior art was fucking garbage.
>>
>>90915917
Which doesn't really mean anything if the content doesn't change. If they bring back the characters but keep writing terrible books, I would say that they're just appeasing characterfags, and have no intention to change their agenda, just altering how they deliver it.
>>
File: Vote Loki (2016-) 001-014.jpg (2MB, 1988x3056px) Image search: [Google]
Vote Loki (2016-) 001-014.jpg
2MB, 1988x3056px
>>90915943
The coloring was awful, but I loved the THICC
>>
>>90915885
I just want to talk about sexy little girls and men in tights punching each other without people trying to make it about stupid real world stuff.
>>
>>90915998
you fucking nazi
>>
>>90915297
The Germans have a word for that
>>
>>90916059
And I'm sure it's a dozen syllables long.
>>
>>90915868
Following in Whedon's footsteps, then.
>>
>>90914853
Don´t they have a new printing of his Punisher omnibus solicitated ? I think the problems with the new mini are mainly that Pavlov is busy with something else right ?
>>
>>90915917
More like textured soy pretending to be meat.

Marvel's problem isn't the characters, it's the writers, artists and editorial. Bringing back Stark and Banner won't change the fact that their creative teams are complete shit.
>>
>>90914702

What about Where Monsters Dwell convinced Marvel to blacklist Ennis?
>>
>>90912824
You're not wrong.
>>
>>90916294
Worked for DC desu. Rebirth didn't exactly clean the editorial house or inject a bunch of new blood.
>>
Well the thing is that he's right as liberal think is shrinking with the new demographic being more and more conservative.

Liberal viewpoints just aren't popular anymore and the over rampant influence of liberal think has polluted all forms of entertainment from music, books, tv shows, comics, games and movies. As we see sales fall we'll see them move towards more conservative lines of thinking to capture the new demographic. After all it's not sustainable to appeal to a minority of liberals nowadays and anyone who stays in their echo chambers would result in the destruction of their own businesses and future legacy of their entertainment if they refuse to see the upcoming wave of change that people want.
>>
File: 1475254107907.gif (471KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1475254107907.gif
471KB, 300x300px
>>90915979

>those thighs and calves

jesus fucking christ
>>
>>90916665
I wouldn't be surprised if Disney didn't give a flying fuck about the Marvel Comics Division sales. The movies make so much more money that it doesn't matter, and the comics keep their IPs nice and safe until they make a movie out of them.
They can be as liberal as they want to because at the end of the day, the people who buy comics is such a small section of the film-going audience, that there's little reason to pander to them.
>more conservative lines of thinking
Only in the terms that they'd recenter because they went too far left.
Also, don't forget that for a large bulk of comic consumers, they are just characterfats that will buy shit regardless. The loudmouth /pol/s and /tumblr/s are just fads that were never going to stick around comic shops longer than 5 years before moving onto whatever new trend they have.
>>
>>90914463
>so it still makes a juxtaposition between the state of the victim and the assailant.

The victim can walk though. They were mentally handicapped not physically. So that statement doesn't fit with the situation. Read the article.
>>
>>90915050
And I didn't have to make that implication. You made it yourself by what you said inherently.

Faggot.
>>
File: 1393150639248.png (279KB, 668x712px) Image search: [Google]
1393150639248.png
279KB, 668x712px
>>90912458
>18-35 year old white males who buy comics
>white males
>>
>>90917177
This.
Marvel was always a progressive company even at their most successful, but they made a mistake of appealing to the kill whitey/rabid feminist crowd. And since it's Marvel, they did the way they do anything: with no nuance and in an especially aggravating way hoping for a fan backlash leading to increased sales. All they're going to do now is step back a bit and leave the tumblr shit in tumblr comics instead of spilling everywhere.

And since the comics are not what makes money nowadays, nobody really cares if hacks like Kate Leth are employed.
>>
>>90912522
>normalfag "memes"
..."normemes"?
>>
>>90912969
>>90912994
>How dare they laugh at my Trump husbando!?!?
>>
>>90916665
>with the new demographic being more and more conservative.
>Liberal viewpoints just aren't popular anymore

>people have been so brainwashed they believe this
>>
>>90919750
Liberal viewpoints that have been adopted in the six years (open up the borders, original sin is exclusive to white men) aren't particularly popular, no.
>>
>>90912448
>>90912458
He's right tho
>>
>>90916314
The women were the monsters.

That poor bastard literally was just as much of a victim as he is in that cover.
>>
>>90913036
Yeah that was a pretty hamfisted. Like ridiculously.
>>
>>90914702
Which Secret Wars minis are worth reading anyway?
>>
>>90912448
So did this guy not eat his burrito and skipped his siesta before posting this?

Honestly what the hell made him think this was a good idea?
>>
>>90912788
It's Mr. and Mrs. Smith but with superheroes. No points for originality, which is probably what Marvel need in new writers.
>>
>>90921158
Looking back, none of them were all that good.
>>
>>90914324
Holy shit anon, thank you. You just made my afternoon.
>>
>>90912666
Hi Satan, as someone who wants to write comics one day, I have to say that I'd want to write for Marvel over DC because those are the characters I like and want to write about, as fun as DC is I just dont care as much about their characters as I do with Marvel's
>>
File: Liberality-for-All-1.jpg (123KB, 494x746px) Image search: [Google]
Liberality-for-All-1.jpg
123KB, 494x746px
This is the future you're working towards.

Don't avert your eyes. This grave is your future.
>>
>>90922575
Go ahead and forward me a direct link to it.
>>
>>90916412
Because all the acquisition of new talent and restructuring had occurred months prior. Not just in DCYou, but well before then. Mark Doyle's success with the bat-line was what lead to DC massively improving itself.
>>
>>90912969
>>90912994

If I were a comics writer:

Me- Makes no political comments, makes vague allegorical critiques of left and right but never expresses opinions or uses characters as a soapbox.

Only thing I would say is, "politicians are smelly pieces of shite that live in the gutter, artists should be looking up at the stars".

"The real world is mundane. Mundane shit can go fuck itself."
>>
>>90912858
This, when Civil War came out Waid shat on it and he shat on Marvel's higher ups, then ranted some more in a Newsarama article that interviewed several comic writers and artists, he even said how he was mostly angry because of Cap and how he never cared for Iron Man.

Surprise, surprise.
>>
>>90923244
Honestly I wouldn't fucking have a twitter if I were a comic writer, I would just let my work speak for itself and limit the interaction to cons and since most internet tough guys and bitches don't like confrontations I wouldn't get much shit in person.
>>
>>90923603
I'd have a twitter, but I'd just shitpost things that have nothing to do with my comics and see how people react.
>>
>>90912548
>and he just burned many bridges

Basic SJW tactics.

>Instead of debating people, I'll just silence people or unfriend them so I don't have to resolve my hypocritical world view with their reason or pesky logic.
>>
>>90913298
We aren't expecting that.

But we are buying comic books, not your fucking manifestos.
>>
>>90913298
You are a fucking retard.
>>
>>90924261
he's not wrong tho
>>
>>90923801
People have been cutting off ties with other people if they make a jackass of themselves in front of people they deem important for centuries anon.
>>
>>90913298
>Or how about a superhero blasting all illegal immigrants as being criminals

What the fuck do you think the word illegal means?
>>
>>90924426
Don't try to pretend here, anon.

SJW's work like a groupthik cult, ala $cientology or a North Korean regime.

You can't be around someone with "wrongthink" or else people will think you aren't progressive and you will be treated as guilty by association.

SJW groupthink also requires a hierarchy. Constantly the members all look up to someone on high (who they consider an authority) to give them validation. Instead of thinking for themselves, they look to the most popular for the correct opinion.

They never stop to understand the words and phrases they parrot. They are simply told "Repeat these words, and you will be part of the popular progressive people crowd.". Ask any SJW or person falling under their coercion, about the definition of racism, and they will repeat back to you a phrase completely made up (Note: they won't use the official definition, only the one made up by Rules for Radicals) but they will know it by heart, and have it memorized like reading off a script.

When one of them falls off script, they are shamed and lose their status almost immediately as the others scramble to the top closer to the leader. (Remember what happened to Joss Whedon?).

These are the people writing for Marvel. They are not as smart as they think they are, and they've given up their ability for critical thinking in exchange for social status that can be whisked away at a moments notice for not adhering to the line.

These people are not free thinkers, and thus, are not true artists. They should not be given money for their work.

I don't want comics filled with Trump/Nascar shit about "dem illegals" or anything like that. But if comics want sales, they are going to have to drop the identity politics unless it's an indie comic.

Identity politics lost an election with 99% of the media on it's side. What exactly do you think it will do to the comic industry?
>>
>>90912458

I like how a ton of marvel editors and writers have talked about how to break into comics and that it's do good work on your own to grab attention and not tweet at someone constantly
>>
>>90924913
Well "good" work anyway. I wouldn't call anything Kate Leth's done good.
>>
>>90924531
Liberals dont like the term illegal, they think illegal immigrants are innocents who arent doing anything wrong, I just dont get why they havent all moved to some lawless 3rd world country where they can go be degenerates and get raped and killed and not have to worry about muh oppressive laws n shieet
>>
>>90924951

and yet you're here and she's had comics on the NYTimes Best Sellers.
>>
>>90912766
Fuck off jewboy, his grandparents wanted to live around murderous brown barbarians as much as he does. No one hates illegals more than legal immigrants.
>>
>>90924821
Are you really this deluded about how the SJWs are going to bring down civilization or some shit? A really easy example of people being punished for wrongthink as you call it would be like if I was a resturant owner in the south in the 1950s and I said 'maybe we should let that colored fella eat at our resturant' then the entire town would blackball the place. People have been punished for 'wrongthink' for centuries you dipshit. I know you probably have romantic ideas about how people in the good old days would debate and counter all day. Fact is that they were just as stupid as they are now only most people didn't have booksmarts to throw big words at each other so they were more likely to throw fists.
>>
>>90925145
Also I know I will be crucified for daring to say that people were racist in the 1950s but I know fuck all about beatnik culture so I have no idea what would cause someone to get blackballed from it.

Hell maybe in the 1950s I would have gotten blackballed because I busted Johnny's bongo over Sandy's butt as a joke at the last happenin'
>>
>>90912969
>>90912994

wtf I love Marvel now
>>
>>90925122
>No one hates illegals more than legal immigrants.

Some of the most vulgar shit about illegals I've heard have come out of my father's mouth who immigrated here from Brazil.
>>
>>90925084
At least she'll never write another Marvel comic again.
>>
>>90912994
Surprised that Dan Slott is so Anti-Trump, since ASM isnt always making political points like other not so subtle comics, but I read comics from most writers you just listed, but I dont pay for them, and I get a kick out of the fact that I'm a Trump supporter and read their stuff for free, I am their enemy and I read their shit without giving them any money for it.
>>
>>90925478
Slott's an obese ball of self-loathing, but he understands the value of keeping his fiction largely apolitical.
>>
>>90925659
>>90925478
We hate Slott for different reasons.
>>
>>90925659
Have to give him some respect for that, I think superhero comics should be apolitcal or else the characters just end up becoming the writers mouthpiece
>>
>>90912887
>Pandering to homos and trannies and blacks isn't going to get you much more sales
the biggest selling books of all time like the x-men certainly did, and most cape comics have always been pretty liberal
>>
>>90926148
The biggest reason for low sales is that people just don't care as much about comics as they used to, desu
>>
>>90926148
The most successful X-books have been largely heterosexual and white.
>>
File: studentactivismpanel.jpg (185KB, 640x433px) Image search: [Google]
studentactivismpanel.jpg
185KB, 640x433px
>>90926148
But Spider-Man sold more than the X-Men.
>>
>>90926345
Peter really is /ourguy/
>>
>>90926345
funny thing is that people always post these as evidence of pete being an edgy ancap but in the very next panel he thinks to himself that h actually agrees with them and he is just cranky due to exaustation, and the comic does portray the protestors rather favourably
>>
>>90926554
That was bleeding heart Stan filling in the word balloons to Ditko's art, who really did hate protestors.
>>
>>90926488
There's a panel about him talking about using "online message boards where everyone's a jerk to each other", but I can't find it for the likes of me. Makes sense when you consider the way he acted during the Ditko run. He was definitely the kind of person who would shitpost about normies all day and that chad Flash.
>>
File: 3rdrandyrobertson2.jpg (234KB, 640x581px) Image search: [Google]
3rdrandyrobertson2.jpg
234KB, 640x581px
>>90926554
He doesn't say that at all. He says he feels bad for Robbie, who is established as one of his friends. And it's later established that he was in the wrong.
>>
>>90921370
>No points for originality, which is probably what Marvel need in new writers.
Are you serious?
>>
>>90926594
I've seen that panel too, funnily enough Pete ended up being more of a Chad than Flash after getting his powers, by getting with Gwen, MJ, Betty and being ripped
>>
File: fnsma.png (403KB, 492x461px) Image search: [Google]
fnsma.png
403KB, 492x461px
>>90926594
>>
>>90926647
>Fucking establishment of white people! Who would have thought a majority white country would favour white people so well, and one that I could leave any time, grrr!
>>
File: pete the commie.png (1MB, 931x922px) Image search: [Google]
pete the commie.png
1MB, 931x922px
>>90926647
wrong
>>
>>90926673
Spider pheromones.
>>
File: pete th commie 2.png (1MB, 770x936px) Image search: [Google]
pete th commie 2.png
1MB, 770x936px
>>90926647
wrong #2

>>90926590
good thing he was around to rein Ditko in

>>90926732
the 60's were actually a different time anon
>>
File: 543459_600.jpg (188KB, 600x576px) Image search: [Google]
543459_600.jpg
188KB, 600x576px
>>90926825
Oh wait your panels are actually Romita who wasn't anywhere near the crank Ditko was.
>>
>>90926825
>good thing he was around to rein Ditko in

Good thing a talentless, manipulative hack was changing someone else story and took credit for said story?

Can't wait for the hold fucker to die.
>>
>>90926970
lel
>>
>>90926970
>talentless

Really? I mean I dont agree with him altering the story and taking credit but he did create so many Marvel heroes who are well liked
>>
>>90927061
Most of which were Jack Kirby creations.
>>
>>90927061
taht's just the Ditko fangirl talking anon
>>
>>90927109
So then what the fuck did Stan actually do?
>>
>>90912766
>all hispanics are illegals

that's pretty racist
>>
File: 2YL4VNhRpgHemrv4mu3MiBMgky9.jpg (352KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2YL4VNhRpgHemrv4mu3MiBMgky9.jpg
352KB, 1920x1080px
This thread is /co/mblr personified

This guy has pointed out what's wrong with current marvel in a more articulate way than this board ever has and all anyone can say is "lol he's never getting hired XD"

Can't wait to see another round of GRRR MARVEL IS SHIT BUT I CAN'T EXPLAIN WHY threads soon as secret empire drops
>>
>>90927169
Fill in word balloons. :^)
>>
>>90927169
He mostly edited text so that the characters would sound more modern since he was hip and down with the kids.

Also Stripperlina. Hence some awkward stories. If I'm not mistaken, part of the reason why Ditko left was because Stan was editing some of his stories to be completely different than what they originally were because he didn't like them.
>>
>>90927195
>more articulate way
passively agressively ranting about the writers's twitters is nowhere near articulated, retard, and the reason is as simple and well known as terrible writing, there is no need for an edgy no name to point it out
also marvel has always been left leaning, even if it recently has gone full retard
>>
>>90913815
Rotherham
>>
>>90921158
Everything except for battleworld journals or whatever and that angela story
>>
>>90927195
Nigger, everyone in this thread is saying he's right, just that he's stupid if he expects for anything to come out of his keyboard-warrior faggotry.

If you think insulting a company and their workers' expression of their political views before begging them to give you a job is a noble action, you have more in common with the SJW crowd then you think.
>>
>>90927518
Not him but yeah, he gave a good roasting but asking to get hired at the end was stupid, and what if he did get hired? He'd be the only right wing guy there and everyone would shit on him and nothing would be done about it and he'd be seen as the bad guy
Thread posts: 226
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.