[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FICTIONAL METALS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: METALS medium.jpg (4MB, 2328x2344px) Image search: [Google]
METALS medium.jpg
4MB, 2328x2344px
Any tweaks that need to be made to the ratings?
The categories they are separated into are Durability - How strong it is.
Malleability - How easy it is to form or create
Conductivity - How easy it is to conduct or transfer energy
Utility - Other effects of the material or its usefullness
Rarity - How rare or difficult to procure the metal is
Enchantability - Can it be imbued with magical properties, and if so, is it stable. Ease of enchantment or magical use.
This is a first draft. Please include sources if you feel something needs to be changed.
>>
>>90905716
Neat! source on the chart?
>>
>>90906057
just made it, was bored
>>
I believe that it's been retconned that Diana's bracelets are actually just made from the Aegis, because Athena wasn't actually using the piece of shit any more
>>
>>90905716

Adamantium is an alloy, isn't it? If it's up there the mystery vibranium alloy caps shield is made of should at least get a mention.
>>
>>90905716
You totally misunderstood Superman's key. Dwarf star quantum bullshit material is an actual physical thing that exists in the real world. We don't know much about it, but it exists, so it should be removed from your list.
>>
>>90905716
>uru
>non-sparking
but lightning is caused by the sparks of thors hammer when he works the forge!
>>
Huh I didn't know that Colossus' organic steel had a name.
>>
>>90907212
Caps shield is a vibranium-adamantium alloy
>>
>>90907212
yeah i had caps shield up there originally (where the supermanium is) and will add it again when i add some other stuff as well
>>
>>90907879
Yeah. You could lock him in basement and farm the metal from him. Cutting it off his body.
>>
>>90908052
adamantium is a steel based alloy, vibranuim is a pure material not an alloy, caps shield is made of vibranium, adamantium, a third metal, and an unknown substance that made it stable.

which is why i put supermanium up there bc its a more pure substance
i will be adding caps shield up there with cosmically enhanced metals and reverbium (a variant of vibranium)

on that note, i could use any info an reverbium, pictures especially
>>
>>90907879
Is archangel's wings also made ofthe same stuff?
>>
>>90908738
no, it was given to him by apocalypse, and is made of a bioorganic celestian metal.

that would fall under the cosmically enhanched metals i mentioned in an earlier post, alond with celectial armor, galactus' armor and the surfers board
>>
>>90905716
>Durability
>Uru higher than adamantium
Come on dude.
>>
>>90907264
>Dwarf star

You're right that Dwarf stars are a real thing and he used two poor examples. Morrison was likely making a reference to either Superman 167 (Brainiac's prison) or World's Finest #41. I know I read the Luthor/Brainiac story but don't remember WF #41, although I'm sure I have a scan in one my externals.

I've seen it both ways, that it's forged in a star, 'similar' to the way the Atom formed his costume (so perhaps the dwarf star connection came there) and I've also heard it described as a "rare metal" that Clark "discovered" the "vein" -- or source of the rare metal - for (so it would not necessarily connect to a dwarf star as there are fair number of those in the universe.

But dwarf star matter is not fictional, either way you want to describe Supermanium or the Atom suit, dwarf stars and that they are super dense is certainly not fictional, so >>90905716 OP is wrong to list Supermanium with that image and picture.
>>
Wouldn't the Supermantium Key just fall through the earth?
>>
>>90905716
I miss Omega Red.
>>
>>90911262
it depends on what it's really made of and just how dense it is
>>
>>90905716

It sounds like this is where you might have gotten the dwarf star info (and some of your other info - or everyone's been getting it from similar sources):

4chan thinks Buzzfeed is spam, so just do a search with this:
which-indestructible-metal-is-actually-the-strongest

But it's (like so many things on Buzz Feed) has some poor research.

I did some research and there's several references to the dwarf coming from Brainiac as part of where the bars for his prison came from - but apparently that's not actually Supermanium - and Morrison never calls it that in All Star Superman.

You might consult the Supermanica site, which is

supermanica DOT superman DOT nu (then forward slash) index.php/Supermanium
>>
Needs inertron and valorium
>>
>>90911241

And if that key was made out of the same material as a dwarf star, it'd fall to the core of the Earth.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.