[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Family Guy abandon these characters?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: sdgggggg.png (360KB, 570x378px) Image search: [Google]
sdgggggg.png
360KB, 570x378px
Why did Family Guy abandon these characters?
>>
>>90897772
Brian's cousin was basically gay blackface. Did Seth actually think gay people would like him?
>>
>>90897772
>""""""""""""""""""""characters"""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>90897772
Didn't the one in the top right die?
>>
Because the majority of family guy's audience is highschoolers that did not grow up with the first 3 seasons. In fact, they think the first 3 are boring. So, there is no reason to revive characters that were only known in the first 3 seasons.
>>
>>90897772

According to the DVD commentaries, the writing staff really hated Paddy for some reason so they killed him off.
>>
>>90897994
>Did Seth actually think gay people would like him?
Don't you ever check e621?
>>
Give me one good explanation as to how those characters aren't ALL one-trick ponies.
>>
>>90899861
Furries aren't real people anon
>>
>>90898269
>the writing staff really hated Paddy for some reason so they killed him off.
They sound like more of a buzzkill the Buzz Killington.
>>
"Character" is kind of a strong word for these guys.
>>
>>90899991
>Paddy
Who?
>>
I'll tell you why: The characters were awful! Nothing but pointless gags to make up for the runtime. Gags like this: I'll skip double-Dutch with these kids. One-two-three-...*crash*
Johnny, Vamp! VAMP!

You read that in his voice and heard the piano
>>
>>90898077
>Because the majority of family guy's audience is highschoolers that did not grow up with the first 3 seasons. In fact, they think the first 3 are boring. So, there is no reason to revive characters that were only known in the first 3 seasons.
None of this is true
>>
>>90902468
Except it is?
>>
>>90900489
the short guy with red hair. big whoop, wanna fight about it?
>>
>>90897994
I liked him. Brian's cousin was one of my favorites.
As for that list though, Brian's cousin and greased up deaf guy are the only ones deserving of return.

The portuguese and irish midget were never funny.
Old fashioned weight lifters and buzz killington were funny only once.
>>
>>90897772
Mike Judge hated the character.
The gang never uses the boat anymore.
Worn out joke.
No idea how to handle him in current episodes.
Worn out joke.
Joke only exists of he's at a function, which is not likely given the amount of times he's ruined Peter's fun.

Why does no one bring up Lois' siblings? One was a one-episide character and the other married Mayor West. Also Bertram.
>>
>>90897772
The fighting ginger guy died, and the Portuguese guys aren't relevant because Peter isn't a fisherman anymore.
>>
>>90902558
Oh I didn't even know he had a name
>>
>>90902630
Actually, Patrick was in at least one other episode. It also had Barry from American Dad.
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (86KB, 624x352px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
86KB, 624x352px
>>90897772
Peter says the Portuguese guys were abandoned because no one knew what a Portuguese was.
>>
>>90898050
Yeah, he got ran over by a tank in the episode "Hell Comes to Quahog"
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.