[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mulan Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

http://www.slashfilm.com/mulan-remake-is-not-a-musical/

People are upset at this, how? I'd rather have a karate-kicking action flick then some dumb, out of place musical.
>>
>>90886052
Mulan only had like 2 songs in the first place.
>>
Did they really want Disney to ruin Man Out of You as bad as they ruined Gaston?
>>
>no Be a Man
What's even the fucking point?
>>
>>90886052
>“Yes, from what I understand, no songs right now, much to the horror of my children.” -- director

But the casting call asked for people who could sing.

Eh, they could work the instrumentals into the soundtrack. They should look at traditional songs of the period if they're traceable.
>>
>>90886557
They could do the Shang parts spoken-word like Shatner does
>>
>>90886591
No.

They'd better have parts of it as some kind of badass military chant.

And by "some parts of it," you know exactly what I mean.
>>
File: Nope Doors.gif (388KB, 234x199px) Image search: [Google]
Nope Doors.gif
388KB, 234x199px
>>90886052
>There's a new Mulan
Time to go back under the rock
>>
>>90886591
Shang won't exist, the love interest will be a self-professed rival who finds out her secret

At worst it could be disappointing, At best we'd get another bromance. At omega best, it could be poking fun at homoerotic anime rivalries
>>
>>90886591
I guarantee that's exactly what they're going to do.

>I look at you all, and to me you all look like a spineless, pale, pathetic lot. Out on the battlefield, against the Huns, you do not stand a chance, and you have little time to improve yourselves before the Huns arrive. That is why it is my responsibility to change that. Heed my every order, and you might survive. When you leave this camp, you will be as swift as a coursing river, with all the force of a great typhoon. You will have the strength of a raging fire, and you will use that strength to defend China. So let's get down to business!
>>
>>90886696
>Anime
Except anime is from Japan, not China.
>>
>>90886696
>>90886728
There's gotta be an officer guy regardless, but this lowers his chances of survival.
>>
>>90886052
>People are upset at this, how?
I would rather them not remake this at all and leave the move be. If I want to watch awesome Chinese action movie, I'd watch Hero, House of Flying Daggers or some other wuxia film.
>>
YOU MUST BE SWIFT AS A COURSING RIVER
>>
I feel really uncomfortable that they're doing this crossgender thing with Ping.
>>
>>90886776
Well that sort of thing is kind of universal, look at Top Gun.
>>
>>90886817
>They can't call her Fa Ping now for obvious reasons
>They switch her name to the alternate reading, Hua
>>
>>90886696
Shang was always unnecessary and shoe-horned as a love interest. I would have preferred them just go without a love interest, but hey, it's Disney.
>>
>>90886728
>I look at you all, and to me you all look like a spineless, pale, pathetic lot.

>George Harrison starts playing
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.