[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the verdict, /co/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 534
Thread images: 41

File: IronFist.jpg (184KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IronFist.jpg
184KB, 1280x720px
What's the verdict, /co/?
>>
it's shit because it's NOT MUH
>>
>>90877177
I've seen political speeches that advance faster than it.
>>
Just finished it. I thought it started out slow, but went in some interesting directions and overall was pretty great. Also there wasn't enough actual Iron Fisting.
>>
>>90877177

I really liked the Ward show. It just had all those mediocre wraparound segments.
>>
>>90877177

It needs more Iron fister-ing.
>>
First half is corporate drama shit that runs slow, second half is kung fu clan politics with underdeveloped fight scenes. Overall I'd give it a 5/10, kinda disappointing but not entirely shit as all the SJWs say it is because Danny isn't Asian.
>>
>>90877201
Its shit because its dull, slow-moving without aim, has inconsistent characters, rehashes much of what Daredevil did (i.e. The Hand) but in a more mediocre way, and never reaches the potential that the Iron Fist character or story has.

Should have been a big budget movie exploring the mystical side of the MCU, but instead we get a 13 episode Netflix series that offers nothing new, exciting, or engaging.
>>
>>90877177
Pretty average. Not as terrible as others make it out to be, but not good either. Scowly Danny comes off petulant and baby-like in Jones's hands. No dragon sucks. Ward is a well acted redemption tale. Claire is great as ever. Love interest girl is OK. Her being a hand member was a bit hamfisted, though. The fight choreography isn't great. Watch the first fight scene in the first episode of daredevil and you'll see a large difference in quality. The final boss, while acted well(great voice) does not seem like a threat to Danny. I feel it's a 6/10. The only marvel netflix show that was worse was JJ, but Luke cage and daredevil were both better.
>>
Haven't watched it yet. does he actually wear the costume?
>>
Sjws hate it so its the best netflix series
>>
>>90877660
Not at all.
>>
>>90877660
no
>>
>>90877177
It's fine I guess.
>>
>>90877177
Found it boring, dropped on the first episode.
>>
I'm gonna go ahead and say that this basically just establishes Rand as Iron Fist and sets up what I presume to be the main plotline of the Defenders.
>>
>>90877660
it is established that it exists, but he's not even done with his training yet.

they probably wanted to save finishing his hero arc in The Defenders, instead of resolving it in Iron Fist S1. Which is smart, since defenders would need to have a character that goes on an arc instead of keeping all 4 as static.
>>
Slow burn, but surprisingly the show doesnt really dip in quality second half like the others. Biggest crime is not delving deep enough into the mystical side of Iron Fist and the fight choreography leaves much to be desired. Also whatever asshole decided not to give Danny his costume should be shot. You have Matt running around in Daredevil wear and you can slap a dull yellow mask on Danny? Fuck you. Frankly the should just forget about doing a second season of Luke Cage or Iron Fist and just combine the two shows into Heroes for Hire
>>
>>90877177
Could of been the best but has terrible action and little of it. Should of been called "New York Corporate".
>>
I don't get the relationships. How is Danny related to Joy and Ward?
>>
Pretty damn boring desu. Just finished it and was dissapointing. Not as bad as the reviews. If you have time to kill and you enjoy the mcu Netflix shows then go for it.

I hated who they cast as iron fist though. He came off very whiny. The fight choreography was eh which is a damn shame
>>
The entire asylum part was not needed, could have resolved in like 15 minutes and been used as flash backs to Ku'n Lun

Why it wasn't is beyond me. Ward and Harold hold the show up. Gao is just terribly portrayed for some reason now. Too much dialogue, like way too much. It's dumb as fuck that they didn't have him fighting goons on the street when he was homeless.

Idk, I just felt they do not give a single shit about IF.

Only on ep 8 though so I hope it gets better
>>
>>90877177
It's alright. Honestly I liked it more than Luke Cage, if only just.
>>
>>90878043
Jesus Christ pay attention. Joy and Ward are children to Harold who was a partner to Dannys father
>>
>>90877177
Critics no longer should be taken seriously, if they ever did.

Though lacking the structure of something like DD SE1, or Luke Cage, it makes up for it plenty by charm, character moments, decent fight scenes, no cookie-cutter villian who later dies and gets replaced some rando, stupid but easy to follow story, amongst other things.

When I watched it, I had no need to browse around during boring talky-talky times and paid attention instead. While the first 3 eps were pretty 'meh', it just kept getting better. Overall I'd say it was better than JJ, and slightly better than LC.
>>
>>90878043
Joy and Ward are siblings who were family friends of Danny. Their fathers, both Mr Rand and Harold Meachum, started the company. Though I got to say Joy's character was all over the fucking place, or was that just me?
>>90878119
The thing that really annoyed me about the asylum bit was they pretty much killed any chance of Moon Knight ever doing that bit, assuming he ever gets a show. But then again we have Claire popping up in every damn show so whatever
>>
>Liberals get mad at actor cus he's not asian
>Actor gets mad at conservatives and blames Trump for everything even though its liberals who hate him

He's a faggot and I'm not watching this shit
>>
>>90877177
what the point of this treads at this point? did you fucker miss the 4 treads of people talking about how they actualy liked the show?
>>
>>90877177
Luke Cage had goo music and a decent villain, Daredevil had an amazing villain and Punisher, Jessica Jones had an ok villain, and this one... eh.
>>
I'm 7 episodes in. The writing can be laughably bad, same with the fight choreography. Danny's acting is pretty rough as well.

But I watched The Flash for ages, and honestly this is about the same quality as The Flash.

I'll probably keep watching it, but it's not good enough to recommend.
>>
I'm enjoying it so far. Way less meandering than Jessica Jones. I think most of the bad press is just virtue signalling by buttmad SJWs who still can't over the whiteness innate to Danny Rand's character.
>>
>>90878260
You're not the only one. I honestly don't know if Joys character is smart or dumb because I honestly don't know if Marvel is going to play her as a Sociopathic heel or not.

Honestly Moon Knight is too good for Netflix, that said so is Daredevil and Iron Fist. Daredevil was amazing and just not mediocre though.
>>
>>90878119
It could have been resolved if Danny wasn't a complete idiot.

He starts spouting off shit that makes him sound crazy, so they treat him like he's crazy, then when the doctor starts to believe he's sane, Danny goes full nutbar and talks about how he came from a different dimension. Keep your damn mouth shut about your mystical monk realm, dummy.

Also that whole thing where Harold checked to see if Danny was telling the truth about K'un-Lun. He's doubting whether it's really Danny or not, so he sees if Danny's backstory checks out, and when he finds out that no-- none of it checks out, there's no record of any of the stuff Danny talks about-- that's when he decides that Danny's definitely real. What the flying fuck.
>>
>I CAN CONTROL MY EMOTIONS
>3 minutes later he's about to kill a guy

ok
>>
>>90878315
Considerin DD is one of the best characters of all time, with some fucking amazing villains; KP and BE being the header heels. Also the fact that the Punisher is also one of the greatest characters of all time. Daredevil could never have failed. The only thing that will make it amazing is if Karen is murdered on the show.
>>
>>90878441
What confused me about Joy was her moral compass spinning like crazy. One minute shes supposed to be the old friend who wants to do the right thing, next shes this fucking cunt stealing organs and telling Danny to go fuck himself
>>
>>90877326
This
>>
>>90878544
I don't like that the show made him seem like he had PTSD from his time training there. It made my autism flare up. I still do like it the show though. I just can't help but see the obvious letdowns
>>
>>90877177
I thought it was fine until the last episode which felt like it should have been somewhere in the middle. I guess Harold just didn't have the oomph as a villain to close the series out on. And the on the run from the dea bit should have been more than a single episode.
>>
>>90878631
Also, kinda mad that pure and beautiful Joy is just going to be lol villain now.
>>
It needed to be more like Drive and less like the West Wing
>>
File: ironfistwiwwiewig.jpg (132KB, 1008x403px) Image search: [Google]
ironfistwiwwiewig.jpg
132KB, 1008x403px
>>
>>90878664
This

They should have upped the neon, made the cars slick, and made the rain heavier with synth wave all up in that bitch
>>
>>90877177
Miles better than Luke Cage, all the bad reviews are just boiled down to WHITEY because media and twitter are assblasted Danny Rand isn't a gook because for some reason only chinks and gooks can do kungfu
>>
>>90878652
And one more thing!
Why was there no Turk?
>>
>>90877350
>its dull, slow-moving without aim, has inconsistent characters
Aren't all cape TV shows this way? Haven't they been this way for a long time? What makes this one different?
>>
>>90878818
*chinks and goods are the only ones allowed to do kung fu

like other anon said it's on par with The Flash on overrall quality
>>
>>90878862
No, Daredevil was not. The others were though.
>>
>>90877177
It's biggest problem is that it's an 8 episode plot in a 13 episode season.
>>
Tumblr hates it, and it seems /co/ is mostly saying it's mediocre.

I would say that whenever 4chan and tumblr are in agreement that's something's bad, it's pretty bad.
>>
As a casual I always thought the chaste and stick were the enemy of the hand. Are Danny and the monks in k'un-lun the chaste or just some other guys who hate the hand? I always thought daredevil and iron fist got their kung fu stuff from the same place and would know each other.
>>
Tumblr and SJWs hate it therefore I love it
>>
>>90879031
There are a number of groups against the Hand. The monks are defensive. That is why they kept asking why he wasn't guarding the pass.
>>
>>90877177
"At least it's not Dexter-tier"/10
>>
Mega or torrent anyone?
>>
I like it. The dialogue isn't great and the action is ok, it's hardly as good as Daredevil but it still is pretty enjoyable.
>>
>>90879406
>>>/r/ faggot
>>
>>90877177
It had the same dull tone through the show, it literally is not much above a CW show. Fight choreography was awful, they should have had IP Man choreographers or something. Danny was too childishly written at times. Harold and Ward gave strong performances, although the lead up to Ward killing him was too obvious. Joy's arc and ending was awful. The Hand was too unbelievable at some points under Bakuto and not Madam Gau.

I enjoyed Luke Cage over this even after Cottonmouth died.
>>
Just finished the series a few minutes ago. Overall, it was... okay. Like people have been saying, it's not terrible, but it's not great. It's definitely the weakest of the Marvel Netflix offerings so far, but that's still a decent watch for a comics fan.

Pros:
-Colleen Wing probably got more solid development here than she has for the last quarter century in comics.
-The development of Hand factions and recruiting was nice - it's engaging to see where the ninja fodder comes from. It's essentially gang recruiting blown up large.
-Ward and Joy had nice contrasting arcs from good to bad, though Joy's fell a little flat at the end (and Arrow has taken the 'why did you lie to protect me?!' trope and beaten it like a rented mule, seeing it here wasn't bringing anything new to the table).
-Davos was a stronger character than I was expecting. (There's gonna be a LOT of slash about Davos/Danny. They shot past 'bromance' into full-on 'spurned gay lover'.)

Cons:
-There wasn't a powerful connecting theme for this series. Daredevil had the limits of the law, JJ had PTSD, rape trauma, and feminism, Luke Cage had Harlem, black history and black culture. Iron Fist had... vague stabs at "corporations bad" and overcoming daddy issues.
-"This seems like a series about what happens when you give a really stupid white kid kung-fu powers." Danny was sweet, but a good majority of his problems were the direct result of being too dumb to notice simple things like "That guy is a monster" or "My former friends don't actually like me" or "Bad guys cheat."
-The fight scenes were WEAK compared to previous offerings. This wasn't 'network TV fight scenes' bad, but it came close a few times. Not good for a kung-fu series.
-The corporate drama was weakly done. I don't think it was out of place, but 'outsider wants evil business to do better' is massively cliche. And, most of Danny's moves would've been at least seriously considered by PR people in the real world.
>>
File: url-12.jpg (72KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
url-12.jpg
72KB, 640x960px
>>90877177
Jessica Henwick is cute!
>>
>>90878554
Man, bad writing and bad press can kill anything.
>>
The characters were all unlikable.

>Danny
He was a complete moron, and not even in an endearing 'fish out of water' way. Watching him act like a witless retard was just frustrating.
He had a temper tantrum twice an episode, which I think was supposed to make him seem deep and conflicted, but it actually just made him annoying and whiny.

>Joy
Somehow, she was even more unlikable than Danny.
Just because she "feels bad" about fucking over dying kids with cancer doesn't make her a good person, it just makes her an unlikable hypocrite. Everybody treats Joy like she's the innocent moral-center of the show, but she's actually just a spineless piece of shit.

>Generic tough Asian Girl
She has the personality of a tough Asian girl. Was I supposed to give a shit about her cage fighting? Was that suppose to make me care about her?
It's like she exist only because the show needed a strong female for Danny to fuck. And when I say "strong," I mean "literally strong." There's nothing remotely interesting in her character.

>Harold
He never felt like a threat throughout the entire show. His betrayal was a dull inevitability; it felt like the show was doing it out of obligation, as though they were ticking "betrayal" off a checklist.

>The monk friend
An obvious set-up for season 2 from the moment he was introduced. Like Danny, he also annoying overly emotional.
On top of that, he lacked chemistry with Danny. The show had to tell us about the good times they had in the past, because we saw no evidence of their friendship on-screen.

>Bakudo
He never once felt threatening. He didn't have a clear goal. He felt like filler.
Hell, the entire season felt like filler.

>Ward
Another piece of shit, but unlike Joy he wasn't a hypocrite. Ward was the only character I grew to care about in the show, because was the only one that might not have had plot armor. He was the only character that ever felt vulnerable and in over his head.
>>
>>90878260
I don't get Joy either she was a fucking Rollercoaster
>>
>>90877177
Best netflix show outside of DD s1

It still had problems though (biggest one being fucking claire temple)
>>
I liked it, the two things that bug me is that claire over saturation and the hand seemed much less threatening. I would have loved for the final scene with bakuto to end with a wounded him be saved by like 37 hand ninjas from daredevil.
>>
>>90879996
Ward is best character.
>>
>>90877177
It's ok. Better than Luke Cage and Jessica, worse than DD seasons 1-2.
>>
>>90877177
He was the one guy that should've started off with his costume.
>>
>>90879811

"After Danny Rand practices his healing fist on Matthew Murdock, the Devil of Hell's Kitchen can see again - just in time to watch his life fall apart. Karen Page's guilt over her past and the darkness infecting her former friends manifests in the twisted persona of Typhoid Mary. Meanwhile, a deeply in debt Foggy Nelson turns to the Hand's confiscated resurrection materials to revive Leland Owlsley and gain access to his accounts. Can a not-blind Matt stop a 98-pound reporter and a mouse-eating accountant? Find out on Daredevil season 3!"
>>
>>90877177
Danny's story got lost in the shuffle between the House of Wards and Stepford Samurais subplots, but he was endearingly reckless enough to latch himself onto those narratives with little trouble.

Fight strikes need to be faster.
>>
>>90877177

I liked it more than Luke Cage, who I prefer more in the comics.

I prefer Daredevil Season 1, and the Punisher portions of S2. I can't compare it to Jessica Jones, because that was something a little different. More a supernatural drama/detective show set in the MCU.

Overall, I really enjoyed it.
>>
Wait did people actually like Luke Cage?
I thought it was pretty dull aside from some scenes with Cottonmouth
Cage was the most boring hero I have ever seen
>>
>>90877350
Shang-Chi should have been Netflix, Iron Fist for theaters.
>>
File: Iron_Fist_5_1.jpg (152KB, 790x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_Fist_5_1.jpg
152KB, 790x1200px
>>90877177
God damn this cursed iron fist
When I lose control
>>
>>90879996

Yeah, Danny was a moron and the rage/flashbacks could have been handled better. Joy wasn't supposed to be the 'innocent moral center', though. Colleen wasn't bad - she probably tied closest into the show's themes about growing up.

Harold, to me, felt like the obvious threat, which was a problem in the other direction. Bakudo, yeah, he was kind of light in the villain department. He got hamstrung by the "Oh, no, I'm the GOOD Hand" to turn around effectively.

Davos had TOO MUCH chemistry with Danny. They even commented on it during the last fight - "This isn't about me leaving Kun-L'un, this is about me leaving you."
>>
>>90878119
This. That episode was such a waste of time. The pacing was bad.
>>
>>90878119
Asylum was gr8 tho
>>
File: IMG_20170320_015058.jpg (552KB, 1545x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170320_015058.jpg
552KB, 1545x2000px
Despite the dumb intent (muh AA representation) I sorta like this design
>>
File: 1489618516419.jpg (13KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1489618516419.jpg
13KB, 184x184px
Rewatching through Daredevil season one, god fucking damn does it really put a light on how bad Iron Fist is. Flat lighting, dull music, terrible fights with jumpcuts everywhere.
>>
I think they should have just had the show set in K'un L'un. This is an origin story that actually would have been entertaining and give the audience more understanding of the mythos. My problem with the way they handled it in the show, was it was a lot of telling us instead of showing us. Here's how I would have done it.

>We get introduced to Danny as a kid with his father being killed by Meachum and mother dying, and of course being rescued at the gate. We witness him go through his training from a young boy always being an outsider, to a living weapon. Really build up his relationship and rivalry with Davos, who would be a main antagonist.

>Throughout the series, we see that Danny's main motivation is to get revenge like in his comic origin. There's some kind of Hand infiltration within K'un L'un as the overarching plot (to tie it to The Defenders), with Davos being the one who let them in at some point, to get power from Gao (who should actually be revealed to be The Crane Mother, letting Davos become the Steel Serpent). The last few episodes, Danny finally goes through the trial of Shou-Lao and earns the Iron Fist. The final episode, he defeats The Hand infiltration and gets Davos imprisoned in K'un L'un . The final scene is him leaving through the gate, knowing this is last chance to get revenge on Meachum before he becomes too old. At this point, he arrives in NY just in time for The Defenders to start where he needs to deal with The Hand once more.

>Then in the second season, that could be dedicated to his revenge on Meachum, which halfway through, he realizes it's not worth it (just like in his origin) and tries to get his company back. Throughout the season, we see scenes in K'un L'un of Davos scheming his way out of prison and somehow learned of another way in and out K'un L'un from Madame Gao. Halfway through, he escapes and gets to NY, to try and kill Danny.
>>
>>90880302
No offense, but I don't agree.

At least we understood what Cage was fighting for so his scenes had real stakes. In Iron Fist we don't know why he's there or what the fuck is going so late into the show that none of the fighting scenes have any stakes. It lacks identity as a show and it is a real chore to get through.
>>
>>90880446
I would have killed for a Shaw Bros style K'un-Lun training movie.
>>
>>90877556
>The final boss, while acted well(great voice) does not seem like a threat to Danny.
This. They blew their load with The Hand confrontation. Fighting against some gunmen shouldn't be the final battle, that's supposed to be a warm up for the final battle.
>>
>>90877201
No.

It's because it has ass slow kung fu
>>
File: 1460764171870.jpg (28KB, 265x350px) Image search: [Google]
1460764171870.jpg
28KB, 265x350px
>>90880434
>terrible fights with jumpcuts everywhere.
In a perfect world we'd have Jackie Chan or Sammo Hung being the director of Iron Fist.
>>
>>90880456

> In Iron Fist we don't know why he's there or what the fuck is going so late into the show that none of the fighting scenes have any stakes

Because the show is barely about him. It really felt like Scott Buck had an idea for a House of Cards: Business Edition show about the Meachum family, pitched it to Netflix, got rejected, and then when he got the IF job decided he would cram it into his new project regardless of context.

The amount of time spent with Ward and Joy is obscene, it'd be like if half of Luke Cage was spent watching Pops running the barbershop.
>>
File: 1487408960336.png (86KB, 300x297px) Image search: [Google]
1487408960336.png
86KB, 300x297px
>Entire fucking season
>Danny has no character growth
>Powerlevel remains shitty, woefully shitty
>Stands around complaining about The Hand and how MUH PARENTS ARE DEAD
>The "big bad" is.. The Hand. Again. We learn nothing new about them and nothing gets resolved.
This was a complete joke. Every aspect aside from maybe Ward was terrible. How did this happen? Even Luke Cage's latter half wasn't as bad as this shit.

>>90880517
56 cuts.

https://streamable.com/cmctg
>>
File: 1460166427069.jpg (66KB, 334x542px) Image search: [Google]
1460166427069.jpg
66KB, 334x542px
>>90880520
>it'd be like if half of Luke Cage was spent watching Pops running the barbershop.
Would still be better than Iron Fist, Pops was interesting.
>>
>>90877177
Haven't finished watching yet, but Ward is the only character worth giving a shit about.
>>
>>90879996
>There's nothing remotely interesting in her character.
But anon, she should've been the protagonist instead of Danny!
While I agree IF is shit, this is the reason why reviewers are retarded. God, she was boring
>>
>>90880544
That fucking scene nearly made me drop the show.
>>
>>90880544
>danny has no character growth

confirmed for not finishing the show
>>
>>90880620
>Episodes 1-12
>Wah my parents are dead I'm so mad, I'm so angry at the hand and stuff
>Episode 13, the last five minutes
>Those lights look like the dragons eyes, I don't need to kill you now I guess.
Fuck right off.
>>
>>90880649
no you fuck off you retard, there was growth revealed pretty obviously throughout the entire show, his motivations were just kept a mystery
>>
Started out slow got better midway but by the last 4 episodes it just bored the shit out of me.

All the fight scenes really suck.

Hated fucking nobody wears a god dam costume not even the hand wear proper uniforms.
>>
>>90879590

>Iron Fist had... vague stabs at "corporations bad" and overcoming daddy issues.

Rather than daddy issues just a general "stepping out from the shadow of your mentors" kind of thing but it was all around poorly executed.

Which is a tragedy, the dynamic between Danny and Lei-Kung in the comics is fucking brilliant and should have been more of a focus if that's something that they wanted to be a theme in the show for. Paralleling it with Ward and Harold, who DID have a good dynamic in the show, it would have probably been great stuff. But since we barely got to touch K'un-L'un because... reasons? We just got stuck with Danny talking to himself like a fucking psycho.
>>
>>90877350
/thread
>>
>Every review I look for on this show involve the words white-washing, white-savior, or mansplaining.

It's pretty mediocre. I was hoping for some of the best martial-arts action of the MCU in this series but Daredevil outdoes it in every way. None of the fights are particularly interesting or stand out from each other much. The choreography is very slow as well and it's abundantly clear that the actors don't have any real background in martial arts and just took like a 2 or 4 week training course prior to filming. It's oddly disappointing when a 1v1 fight happens involving a main character because it's always against someone with actual martial arts experience and you know that the main character is going to win despite being so much slower and less physically capable

The character drama is also pretty mediocre, but it just doesn't bother me the way the action does.
>>
>>90880739
>The character drama is also pretty mediocre

It reminds me of Arrow season 3 at points.

I think i might just be tired with seeing character drama in all these shows. I don't like boring interpersonal drama being the main point of the show. I really hope they start to back off that.
>>
>>90880739
>>Every review I look for on this show involve the words white-washing, white-savior, or mansplaining.
>mansplaining
Link one.
>>
>>90877177
5 episodes in. It's one part 5/10 corporate show, one part 5/10 martial arts show, and almost zero parts mystical martial artist The Immortal Iron Fist show
>>
File: ironfistdirectors.jpg (74KB, 651x441px) Image search: [Google]
ironfistdirectors.jpg
74KB, 651x441px
>>90880544
Jesus, how did I forget that scene happened?

It really stands out because they do kind of try to go with wider angles and shots that last longer than 1 second in other fights.

I'm not super familiar with TV series but is it normal for almost every episode to have a different director?
>>
>>90880898
>zero parts mystical martial artist The Immortal Iron Fist show
Don't worry anon, it happens. He punches the floor and makes some people fall down one time, he also heals someone. Once.
>>
>>90880898
Also Danny is only like 4th best character in the show, after Harold, Wing, and Ward. That's a bit too low on the totem pole.
>>
File: 795957.png (41KB, 407x512px) Image search: [Google]
795957.png
41KB, 407x512px
>>90880907
Can't have that an excuse, Daredevil had the same shit.
>>
File: 1489958306726.jpg (136KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489958306726.jpg
136KB, 800x600px
>>90880924
Hey don't forget that we kinda got to see Orson Randall for a few seconds
>>
>>90877177
It was...ok. Could've used A LOT more kung fu and mystical shit and less corporate stuff. Also, why is Davos shorter and skinnier than Danny?
>>
>>90880966
>Teasing what would be a far better series in a piece of shit series
That was just cruel.
>>
>>90880819
>"White savior" and "Mansplains"
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/tv/2017/03/16/review-iron-fist-netflix-marvel-series/99207272/

>too many brown people are the bad guys
http://www.vox.com/culture/2017/3/19/14961738/iron-fist-marvel-review

There are a handful of other articles I found but they're talking more about the show's reception than actually reviewing it.

I guess I may have been exaggerating a bit because a couple of the reviews I went back and looked at actually don't go into those topics.
>>
>>90880966
>1948
>Randall quit shortly after World War I

Dude coudn't have been Orson. He didn't even use guns!
>>
>>90880960
That was a real question actually, like I said I'm not super familiar with tv content.
>>
>>90877177
Not bad but disappointing. i thought any minute now the pacing would pick up and danny would progress, but there wasnt much character development, most of the progression was just finding out the truth about harold and the hand.
>>
>>90880966
>>
>>90881123
>Expecting them to stick to lore when they made Davos a short Paki with a gut and British accent.
I'm surprised we even got that, desu. But it's clearly a nod to him.
>>
>>90880544
Basically this. Why didn't they use this as an opportunity to further explore The Hand's plans in NYC, like, if I remember right, those big ass holes they are digging? Or whats going on with the whole undead ninja thing? Like come on.
>>
Kinda boring. Too much boardroom drama, not enough kicks to the face. The fights were a bit awkward with how much they cut after every punch is thrown. If they gave him his full costume, maybe they can have longer unedited fights.
>>
>>90880692
>But since we barely got to touch K'un-L'un because... reasons?

Because the people in charge of the Netflix shows have the 'grounded' and 'realism' mindset that plagues live action adaptions of comic books. It works for Daredevil to an extent and Luke Cage, but it sure as fuck doesn't work for Iron Fist. They should have just straight up made a kung fu show, instead they made a shitty Daredevil/Arrow hybrid.
>>
>>90877177

It's hard to tell who's the contrarian with an agenda now, /co/ or the reviewers.
>>
>>90877660

Don't be silly. You need to have an entire season done first before a hero can put on a costume.
>>
>>90877177
It's alright I guess

Both Daredevils are still the best of Marvel Netflix
>>
>>90877177
I wouldn't say it's shit, but I would say it's shit-adjacent.
>>
>>90877177
so just looked up the ratings for the first time.

why the fuck are the RT critic ratings SO much worse than the audience ones?
>>
>>90880966
Wow i actually like that costume, the black and white tape made it look cheaper
>>
>>90880966
Is this The Immortal Iron Wrists?
>>
>>90882008
>go to RT
>first thing I see is Bates Motel being dickrided
Why is this shitshow still on? Why is it so beloved by critics? I don't understand it. It's worse than American Horror Story.
>>
File: qQ0RPsM.jpg (32KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
qQ0RPsM.jpg
32KB, 500x281px
>>90877177
It's a mediocre show. Not terrible. Not great.

Sort of like an entire season of the worst episodes of Daredevil.

I, uh... I hope they learn from it? And do better next time?
>>
>>90882055

It's on its final season, which is literally doing the storyline for Psycho now. I can see why some people might be turned off by it since it's been a prequel show, but it's pretty comfy watch if you're up for a several season long build up for Norman go from an awkward teen to a crossdressing psychopath serial killer.
>>
>>90882134
I have no problem with it being a prequel. I have a problem with it being a boring prequel lacking the suspense of the movie the show is based on and fucking up some characterizations (it's kind of hard to believe that Norman is that traumatized since Norma is nowhere near as horrible of a person as she's in the movie.)
>>
Seeing this thread made me realize that /co/ is one of the few places in the internet where people understand the concept of an opinion in the middle
It's all a masterpiece or shit nowdays, the 3/5 reviews no longer exist
The show is fine, i had fun watching it
>>
>>90880078
her entrance was super stilted and annoying; LOOK GUYS WE ARE TEACHING BUSHIDO TO THIS REOCCURRING CHARACTER so she can have a larger role later
>>
>>90877177
I don't see why everyone is calling it shit. I'm enjoying it thus far. Sounds like a lot of people were just expecting something different instead of going into it with no expectations.
>>
>>90880137
It was to be expected. It's an MCU show, his name is Ward.
>>
>>90882170
>it's kind of hard to believe that Norman is that traumatized since Norma is nowhere near as horrible of a person as she's in the movie.

The entire basic premise of the show is that Norma was so overprotective and sheltering of Norman that she kept him from getting diagnosed and treated until it was too late. I.E. Norman always had mental issues, and letting his condition go untreated for so long (along with the surrounding violence with the drug trade, etc.) is why he turns into a maniac.

Sure, the drug trade subplots and so forth can feel a bit superfluous if you focus just on Psycho, but when you look at the big picture, they've done a pretty good job of creating an environment that all directly and indirectly go to explain why Norma is herself so fucked up (abusive relationships, incestual rape by her brother that led to having a kid before Norman, etc.) and how that led to her to be so overprotective to a point where she's turning a blind eye to a lot of things that allowed Norman to slowly develop into a fullblown serial killer who hallucinates about and eventually starts to think he's his own mother.
>>
So is Claire becoming White Tiger?
>>
>>90877660
There's a scene where Bakuto shows Danny footage of a previous Iron Fist in the costume, the dude playing that guy (presumably Orson Randall) posted a coloured photo of it on Instagram (see yungnotyin).
>>
>We'll call the show Iron Fist, but display .0001% of the screen time on Iron Fist using his fucking Iron Fist abilities
>Now we'll just take all that time and fill it with stupid corporate bullshit that has nothing to do with anything

For what purpose
>>
>>90877177
Out of the Netflix Marvel shows. Iron Fist had by far the best villains. With Harold and Madame Gao, and while not as much of a villain Ward most certainly had the most interesting journey of any of the antagonists.

I'd also like to argue that Danny himself proved to be the most likeable protagonist of the bunch. He had this paradox like duality to him of being like an innocent kid at the same time as he was comparably mature at other times. And even with his flaws he had a very cheery and idealistic world view as that of a child even in a world of men.

The plot may have been rocky at times. But it had very neat twists and turns that most certainly doesn't fall short of what the other shows had.
It's by no means anywhere near as gritty as the other shows were, but it truly did capitalize on its own flashy and theatrical action of which we only saw small glimpses on in Daredevil and even then it was not theatrical and still rather gritty in comparison. I suppose that's a huge minus for a lot of people, and that's how I interpret a lot of the reviews I have been seeing. Personally I deem it as a huge plus and it combined with Danny's character was certainly a strength of the show for me. And with the weight of the antagonists every turn of the show kept feeling intriguing.

I really am quite fond of all the shows. But I really do think I may have something of a preference for Iron Fist. Likely mainly due to the relative tone of the show in comparison as well as general strength of character of the average role character.
So I really do find myself rather confused seeing the reception. Like just compare the reception of Luke Cage to Iron Fist for instance. Now I quite liked Luke Cage so I am not really disagreeing with it having a positive score. But it having a certified fresh 96% on Rotten Tomatoes with Iron Fist having a rotten 16% is just baffling to me. It's like night and day. And I really can't understand why that is.
>>
>>90882650
Jesus Christ kill me
>>
>>90883137
>Iron Fist having a rotten 16% is just baffling to me
The SJW boogeyman is real, at worst this deserves a 50%, there's some clear bullshit bias going on.

I'm not gonna say this show is good but anyone who thinks it's less than a 3/10 doesn't know what they're talking about.
>>
>>90878119
>Why it wasn't is beyond me
NO MONEY
O

M
O
N
E
Y
>>
File: Iron Wrist.png (789KB, 598x453px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Wrist.png
789KB, 598x453px
>>90882882
From the looks of it, the only good part is the mask.
>>
>>90883208
>>90880966
Ah, shit.
>>
The thing that made Luke Cage work was the decision to make it a tribute to 70s blaxsploitation films. With Iron Fist they should've gone the same route, except using 70s Kung Fu movies instead. They wouldn't even need to change the plot much. Just:

1) Get a main actor who actually knows enough martial arts to make the fights look good without tons of editing.

2) Cut out a good chunk of the corporate drama bullshit and add a ton more fights.

The episode where Danny had to fight a bunch of Hand warriors Game of Death style was on the right track, they just needed a lot more of that. Maybe throw in a couple of flashbacks to his training that involve actual sparing fights, and a few big battles with an army of Hand Ninja. The scene where they're escaping the Hand's compound could have been that if it had been longer and shot a bit differently.
>>
>>90883208
>>90880966
>leather pistol holster
Hell yeah, gun-fu
>>
>>90883137

> And I really can't understand why that is.

The pacing in Iron Fist is dreadful. I'm at Episode 8 right now and I honestly think you could have combined all the meaningful character narrative I've seen into three episodes. Danny hasn't had anything resembling a real character arc until the 6th episode, the rest of the series has been the same four scenes between Ward and Joy repeated over and over again.

The boardroom stuff is downright inexplicable, it's like if half the Luke Cage runtime was taken up by a Cheers-esque sitcom about Pops' barbershop that had nothing to do with the rest of the series. Ward and Joy are utterly disconnected to Danny and The Hand, it's just a different TV show that overtakes Iron Fist for entire sequences that mean nothing.

Colleen cage-fighting has been the most compelling arc so far, because at least the stakes feel personal and there was forward motion within the character.
>>
While it naturally would have been greatly appreciated to have fewer cuts in the action scenes.
The way people are complaining I really get the impression that the show is getting minus points almost simply for being Kung Fu.

Just it has cuts in the middle of the action detracting from said action and the Kung Fu.
However, as far as cuts in action scenes are concerned it's about the same as the action of the other shows. But somehow it's absolutely unacceptable for the action of Iron Fist?
Disappointing yes, just like with the others. But it's like people can't accept it to any capacity here even though they were fine with it in the other shows.
>>
It's not good. It's not terrible. It's just really really mediocre. It has no core message or interesting themes, it wanders aimlessly and gives you little reason to root for the hero. Even Luke Cage had some simple but interesting themes and Luke himself was a good hero, even if the show had issues. By the end of Iron Fist I just didn't give a shit about Danny. I cared more about Ward honestly.
>>
>>90883254
>show is about a martial arts master
>almost all his fight scenes are terrible

How could anyone see this as an issue, hmmmmm
>>
>>90883288
They're not terrible though. They're about on par.
>>
>>90883254

> But somehow it's absolutely unacceptable for the action of Iron Fist?

It's not just the cutting, it's slow as fuck. That tournament episode was embarrassing, it was like watching old man callisthenics at points.

>But it's like people can't accept it to any capacity here even though they were fine with it in the other shows.

Daredevil and Luke Cage looked way better, and even if the action in JJ wasn't well-choreographed it at least had some visceral impact to it.
>>
>>90883177
You should probably understand how Rotten Tomatoes works before talking about it
>>
>>90883297
>at least had some visceral impact to it
Is that really a problem? If anything, the way is Iron Fist is generally cleaner and less gritty than the other shows is a strength if you ask me. Especially since we already have the other shows.
It just gets tiring to be subjected to the same tone over and over again.
>>
>>90883137
I thought it was dark as fuck, marvel were kidding when they said Iron Fist would be the lightest. I don't think its darker than JJ or S1 or DD but its definitely fuckloads darker than LC and probably DD S2 as well
>>
>>90877177
It's garbage.
>>
>>90883293
They should be above par when the show is about fucking martial arts. Imagine if a show was about car racing and the race scenes were just okay. Imagine if a show was about football and the football scenes were mediocre. Do you see the issue yet?
>>
>>90883312

>Is that really a problem?

It is if it's also slow and poorly edited.

At that point there's nothing else.
>>
>>90883319
>They should be above par when the show is about fucking martial arts.
It's this I am talking about. It's like people are detracting it points due to being about Kung Fu.
On par action, but suddenly unacceptable because of Kung Fu.
>>
>>90883293
They're below par. I noticed stunt doubles in more than half the fight scenes. They did a terrible job at hiding them. It reminded me of that shitty parody movie where they have a fight scene and they blatantly swap out an old guy with a young Asian dude every cut.
>>
It's not TERRIBLE. Danny suffers from a bit of the "Grr, I'm so fuckin serious!" problem, but hopefully getting a cool black best friend will help him to chill the fuck out.
>>
>>90877177
White guy doing martial arts. IT'S SHIT!!!
>>
>>90883331
Yes, people are logically docking points for a show about martial arts having mediocre showcases of martial arts. Thank you Captain Obvious.
>>
>>90883331
Are you retarded or did you not read the entire post? If you're incapable of making good fight scenes then don't make a show about martial arts. It's that fucking simple.
>>
>>90878694
I enjoyed the show, but this made me laugh my ass off.
>>
>people actually defending the show have garbage fight scenes

Y'all need to go watch some Jackie Chan films or something.
>>
>>90877177
So has anyone pointed out the ratty looking neckbeard the Iron Fist is sporting there?
>>
>>90883401

I literally just got to the drunken master fight and the dogshit editing made me so mad.

It sure looks like there was some cool choreography right there, wish I could have seen some of it.
>>
>>90883421
That's him as a homeless man.
>>
>>90883360
The fight scenes of the other shows abuses cuts just the same.
>>
>>90883431
There's more talking than fighting in that scene...
>>
>>90883453
No, not this bad. Still, you're missing the point so you might just be retarded.
>>
Over the course of the 9 episodes I watched Danny learned nothing and accomplished nothing

Why wouled anyone care about this fag
>>
>>90883453
>it's okay for a show about X to display X at the same level as other mediocre shows instead of doing X way better because that's what the show is about

You are really dumb.
>>
>>90883480
brand loyalty, fanboyism, faggotry.
>>
>>90883480

>Over the course of the 9 episodes I watched Danny learned nothing and accomplished nothing

He literally didn't have anything resembling a character arc until episode 6. The "heroic call to action" wasn't until episode fucking 5.

This show is awful on a character level.
>>
>>90883495
Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over again? the guy is just retarded, that's probably why he likes the show. They keep repeating the same lines of dialogue over and over again so retarded people can register them.
>>
>>90880446
Don't think they had the budget man. I mean, Shou-Lao was just eyes.
>>
>>90883254
>However, as far as cuts in action scenes are concerned it's about the same as the action of the other shows.
>They're not terrible though. They're about on par.
Seriously nigga?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ9HfG5FjQ8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B66feInucFY

Compare these two scenes. Not just the choreography, but also the lighting, the framing, the directing and the ideas within the action.

Can you really see no difference between the two? They are the same in your eyes?

I'll be honest, Anon, you have objectively bad taste. You are utterly unable to judge the quality of any given scene. From now on, please do not share your opinions. Your views are worth less than the opinions of everybody else.
>>
>>90883300
It's a review aggregator, I wouldn't be talking about industry bias if it was one sites opinion would I? Who in the world doesn't know how rotten tomatoes works?
>>
>>90883480
There is not a lot of character growth. But there is character development.
>>
>>90883535
>Don't think they had the budget man
Fuck yeah they did.
>>
>>90883585
You don't, as your previous post clearly indicates

Go do some research on how it works and come back. I'll give you a hint: it doesn't work like Metacritic
>>
>>90881745
I know.
>>
>>90877177
Better than Luke Cage an JJ while also being worse in the technical department.

At least here they know how to do a show with 13 episodes with the show getting better and better.
>>
>>90881745
Both.
>>
>>90877177
It's somewhere around Arrow's level in terms of quality (Under it)
>>
Harold and Ward hold the show together. Especially when Ward gets angry and shouts
"How did you kNOOOOOOOWWWWW about the account"

Joy was cute, Colleen has a nice ass and Claire still remains as best girl, with Madame Gao a close second.

Fight scenes were alright, especially the tournament and drunken master.

Davos was cool and Bakuto annoying

Story was eh

7/10
>>
>>90882305
The ones that aren't disappointed that Danny isn't AA, are disappointed that its not The Immortal Iron Fist. You could tell by the Meachums being include and Colleen actually being revelent, it wasnt gonna be that.
>>
>>90877771
And into the trash it goes
>>
>>90883676
You thought the finale was better than any other episode? It was shit and made no sense
>>
>>90883576
That's one of my most disliked fight scenes in all of Daredevil, both seasons.
I know that scene is commonly praised and all but it's truly ridiculous.

The number of times you have Matt or any of the goons for that matter, badly hurt. With the scene slowing and down shots focusing on how hurt they are.
Only for them to jump right back up as if nothing ever happened.
Only for them to be hurt again, and then right away as if it never happened. Again and again.
It was truly a mistake. Though thankfully that kind of crap basically stops later on in Daredevil and almost ceases to be a thing for the remainder of the show and second season.

It really bothers me to see that scene praised all over the internet. It's one of the worst in all of Daredevil. It's inconsistent within its own presentation and that's a big no-no. You can't expect anyone to care about anyone being hurt if you're going to immediately disrespect them supposedly being hurt all the time. That doesn't work. Either you do it grounded and actually have the characters act hurt when they get hurt, or you go for a lighter less grounded approach in which you don't zoom in or focus on people getting hurt.
You can't just have your cake and then eat it too.

Not even defending Iron Fist. But fuck you for posting that awful scene.
>>
>>90883718

If you like Joy, you should watch the Following. Her actress becomes an important character in the second season and is pretty cute there.
>>
The lead was a mistake.

Everything was okay, except Danny himself. I can't take the guy seriously, he's got zero charisma as a MC.
>>
>>90882882

I don't think they'll have and acknowledgement of Orson since in the tv series, Davos says Danny is the first foreigner to be Iron Fist.
>>
>>90883756

>you should watch the Following

oh fuck that's who that was
>>
>Anto-SJWs are convincing themselves to like this bland piece of shit because the protagonist is white

Kek
>>
>>90877177
Literally Who the movie
>>
>>90883788
>the movie
>>
>>90883777
Daredevil
>Love it!
Jessica Jones
>Love it!
Luke Cage
>Love it!
Iron Fist
>No this shit is garbage and there is nothing redeemable about it whatsoever!
>>
>>90883728
this desu

I prefer aan extended adaptation of the origin with elements of immortal then a immortal iron fist style show desu
>>
>>90883822

It's the worst show by a wide margin.

Even DDS2 had Punisher.
>>
>>90883758

Even the main villain was way more interesting.
>>
>>90883822
disable man, woman, black man, rich white man
>>
>>90883850
>Even DDS2 had Punisher.
Daredevil was great. The Punisher was not the reason.
>>
>>90883892
>great
Nah
>>
>>90883892

>Daredevil was great

Season 2 was junk outside of Punisher.
>>
>>90877177
it felt weird how he never got clean shaven. like they only did that to make him resemble Oliver Queen over in Arrow.

I enjoyed how everyone was backstabbing each other so much you really couldn't tell who could be trusted from episode to episode, but it felt like there should have been some kind of pay-off for that. where one of them ends up in a perfect position to backstab him one last time and get away with it but they choose not to.

the soundtrack was weak, and that was one of the most lacklustre sword fight in the rain scenes I ever saw

still, can't say I regret the twelve hours I spent watching it. I was never actually bored so it gets a passing grade.
>>
>>90883149
Lol.
>>
>>90883899
>Season 2 was junk outside of Punisher.
because of*
>>
>>90883899
kys
>>
So....is the Defenders gonna be about finding out what happened to the city, or is it gonna be something else?
>>
>>90883758

My problem with Danny is that he is a huge fucking jackass. He shows up out of the blue after a long fucking time of being away and then gets pissy when Joy and Ward are in disbelief.

Instead of just making up a cover story of being lost in the Himalayas or some shit, he literally tells everybody about "muh K'un-Lun" and then spergs out when they think he's crazy.

He stalks Colleen and then involves her in his shit despite her telling him she doesn't want any part in his shenanigans constantly.

Like, at least Luke, Jessica, and Matt are reluctant to involve other people in their problems and realize that most of the shit they go through is crazy. Meanwhile, Danny acts like a spoiled shit and expects people to fall in line with his shit.

>>90883771

Yeah Jessica Stroup.
>>
>>90883904
I loved how Ward kept realizing again and again just how fucked up his father was and everything else surrounding him.
Like even when he thought he had grasped a decent understanding of how fucked up everything was, he repeatedly learned and was repeatedly shocked to learn that wasn't the end of it at all. And then he is shocked and learns that wasn't the end of it either.

Even by the very, very end where he learns of how his father killed Danny's family. He is just like fuck. Ward was pretty great in general really.
>>
>>90883935
Elektra, too much Foggy and Karen, uninteresting Hand ninjas that never felt like a threat
>>
>>90883597
Where? IIRC, even jones said they needed to be "realistic" with the budget. I struggle was real, you're lucky we got what we did.
>>
>>90884006
>you're lucky we got what we did.
>lucky
No. Not at all.
>>
>>90884006
*the
>>
>>90883962
>He shows up out of the blue after a long fucking time of being away and then gets pissy when Joy and Ward are in disbelief.
Its almost like he was removed from culture when he was 10 or something.
>>
>>90884024
It doesn't show.
>>
>>90884016
Mileage may vary. Hope we get more, in a possible S2.
>>
>>90883576
not him but you're comparing apples and oranges
1 is a brutal brawler fight that is trying realism and the other is an average kung fu fight which emphasizes over exaggerated jabs for entertainment. I mean the bad guys pulling out axes is taken straight from kungu fu hustle.
its like comparing a shootout in cowboy bebop vs a laser battle from DBZ just because they are both anime fights.
>>
>>90883576
nigga even this Arrow Hallway fight had better flow and rhythm than that Iron Fist Hallway fight https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Gpu1J6C0CY
>>
>>90884047

But even the Hand fights in DD were better.
>>
File: 1418356541087.jpg (535KB, 1920x2144px) Image search: [Google]
1418356541087.jpg
535KB, 1920x2144px
>tfw Danny reminisces about him and his friend Davos sneaking out to eat donkeys
>>
>>90884024

Yeah but most people in that situation, when interviewed, usually act very secluded and evasive because of what they experienced. Plus its not like he was fucking around in the wilderness, he was hanging out with a bunch of monks. Monks are all about manners and shit. Danny acts like a fucking barbarian.
>>
>>90884047
>its like comparing a shootout in cowboy bebop vs a laser battle from DBZ just because they are both anime fights.
And one is good(Cowboy Bebop) while the other is boring, stupid and childish(muhh beam spams)
>>
>>90884047
The action feels slow, has no rythym, and has no impact or real tension.

You at the very least need two of these things. Slow kung fu is fine but the fights should be for example tense and when there is a hit landed it should feel impactful.
>>
>>90884041

I feel like we should have gotten him in K'un-Lun as the first season, just have most of it set among snow and monasteries. Save most of the budget for that fucking dragon.

Then have him come back to America in the Defenders, and then have introduce the whole taking back the corporation arc as Season 2.
>>
>>90884096
Some other anon had the better idea. Do ti like Arrow. 5-10 minutes/episode of flashbacks of him training in Kun Lun. Better than wasting those 5-10 minutes on repeated dialogue.
>>
>>90884120
I felt like I was dying every time they repeatedly showed that plane scene.
>>
>>90884141
>I felt like I was dying every time they repeatedly showed that plane scene.
I think the no budget meme is true, there's no other reason that would happen.
>>
>>90884191
I mean, there shouldn't be a reason for them to keep repeating the same lines of dialogue over and over again.

It's just a case of bad directing. In the first episode when he's talking to Joy and ends up on the street to jump over a car is very telling of the strength of the script and the director.
>>
>>90884191
It's not, it's just a matter of how you spend your budget. Civil War had a 200 million budget and the cgi was ps2 tier.
>>
>>90884071
A child, but that isn't much different then a barbarian.
>>
>>90884251
No, he really doesn't act like a child. An autistic barbarian is a better description.
>>
>>90884277
>An autistic barbarian
have you been around kids?
>>
>>90884301
>NEET posting on 4chan all day, talking about some shitty netflix show
Do you think he's been around kids Anon?
>>
>>90884301
My nephew lives 10 minutes away and he's 9. Have you? because I doubt it.
>>
>>90884332
I hope he hasn't since the restraining order.
>>
>>90880907
Yes. Some series have a group of recurring directors, but generally they have a ton.
>>
>>90883756
Noone should watch the Following. It's shit and you know it. Writers failed it hard. If not for the murder-fu, I would've dropped it way, way earlier.
>>
One thing still bothers me, Danny was supposed to overcome his fears when he meet the dragon, and it even looked that way in the flashback, then why he still have them until the end of the series? The fact that the ones he considered family (and probably the ones he thinked the most in those 15 years besides his parents) hated him? This is the only explaination i can find, he was supposed to be the perfect weapon in order to even just enter the cave, then why he act that way?
>>
>>90883718

This. I feel like people complaining it was boring forget we got some fucking awesome tournament and drunken master fights.
>>
>>90885056

Couple of okay martial arts scenes do not redeem all the boardroom bullshit and general slowpoke pacing, bruh.
>>
File: shouldhavebeendanny.jpg (475KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
shouldhavebeendanny.jpg
475KB, 900x600px
Cons:

-Finn Jones was miscast. Should've gotten a real martial artist who can act, not the other way around.
-Mostly terrible dialogue.
-Horrid fight choreography, which is by far the biggest disappointment for what's supposed to be a show about a superb martial artist.

Pros:

-Colleen Wing
-Defenders setup
-Weak start, gets better midway unlike the other Marvel Netflix shows, which started strong and floundered midway
>>
>>90878917
Whoah even your corrections arent right. Do you need a typing wand?
>>
>>90883756
I'll give it a shot, thanks
>>
>>90883981
I almost dare say Daredevil 1 > Iron Fist > Daredevil 2.
>>
What is your favorite of the marvel Netflix stuff? I liked Luke Cage the most given I didn't end up hating the main character, the choreography wasn't a mess given all they needed to show was a bullet proof nigga, and the drama wasn't complete nonsense.
>>
>>90885623
Luke Cage. It was just the best show. Daredevil S1 is great of course, but Luke Cage edged it out for me. Probably because of the use of music.
>>
Not nearly as good as Daredevil, still quite better than JJ and Luke,

Danny needed more defined muscles and lot less throws and blocking and lot more "achooooo" and Dragon's Kicks, but aside of that was fine.

Is nice to finally see a hero show on netfix with the hero being a hero for a change and not expending all the time spiting bullshit about they don't wanting to do hero things.
>>
>>90877177
Not as good as DD1, but better than everything else.
>>
>>90877177
exactly as mediocre as every other netflix marvel series

Just not as front-loaded
>>
>>90881085
Exaggerating about sjw boogeymen? On 4chan? I dont believe that for a second!
>>
>>90885651
But Luke Cage was 50% shitty.
>>
File: dr zaius.gif (1MB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dr zaius.gif
1MB, 300x300px
>>90877177

It's serviceable.

I enjoyed it, and I liked that the show's plot had some actual momentum to it. That was a nice change of pace to Marvel's previous endeavors which all suffer from serious 3rd act lulls. Ward and Harold are really standout characters, and I would love to see more of the former, since I doubt Harold is coming back. It's it's flaws, sure, but all in all I think that the positives outweigh the negatives and that the final product is solid enough to get the job done. I would say that, and only because of the cheap nature of the effects and the questionable quality on some of the fight scenes in a show about martial arts, that it's only just slightly below par with the rest of the Netflix Marvel properties. 7/10, it's okay.

That being said, anyone who reviewed this show saying that it's "unwatchable trash" in a world where shows like Agents of Shield and Supergirl exist is going into it with a blatant agenda. While it might be the cheapest feeling show Netflix has put out to date, it's still an entire notch in quality above ABC and CW's garbage.
>>
File: beautiful.gif (2MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
beautiful.gif
2MB, 500x208px
>>90884067
>the end of the previous episode showed the Steel Serpent emblem
>>
>>90877177
I basically got through episode 3. It's getting better, but my GOD, the first episode and a half was just flat out painful to sit through. I was bored out of my mind.
>>
>>90885843
Nah. Iron Fist often reached shitty. Daredevil season 2 often reached shitty. Luke Cage was 50% mediocre.
>>
File: hmmm.png (339KB, 743x778px) Image search: [Google]
hmmm.png
339KB, 743x778px
>>90877177
>What's the verdict, /co/?
...IT REALLY MADE ME THINK....
>>
>>90885778
>Is nice to finally see a hero show on netfix with the hero being a hero for a change and not expending all the time spiting bullshit about they don't wanting to do hero things.
Most critics criticized the show for this though. Claiming it made him one dimensional and uninteresting.
Fuck them. Danny was actually likeable.
>>
File: 1484019815125.gif (4MB, 572x374px) Image search: [Google]
1484019815125.gif
4MB, 572x374px
>>90886068
>those critic scores vs audience scores
>>
>>90886085

>Fuck them. Danny was actually likeable.

Danny was a cunt who wandered around whining about how he's the Iron Fist and he's the very best like nop one ever was.

He came off like a ginormous, whiny asshole. He stopped being charming like two episodes in.
>>
>>90886068
https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/dexter/s08/
I don't like Iron Fist but TV critics are shit. There's no way IF is worse than this trasheap.
>>
>>90885843
I wouldn't say that, but Diamondback wasn't a great villain.
>>
>>90886235

Well Bokudo is worse, so Iron Fist is receiving new levels of shit.
>>
File: hmmmmm.png (290KB, 1544x462px) Image search: [Google]
hmmmmm.png
290KB, 1544x462px
>>90886068
Really makes you think, indeed...
>>
>>90886258
Bukuto... COULD have been good. When they made the big reveal and he just went full on moustache twirling villain he sucked.
>>
>>90880966
Not sure if it's plot inconsistency but Danny said he's the first outsider to ever be the Iron Fist so it can't be Randall.
>>
Hated it. I don't understand how anyone except moviefags can accept how much they've butchered Iron Fist.

Danny was such a cunt and was never reasonable even once. I attribute how awful he was to both the script and the actor (who is apparently a cunt in real life and slacked off in his training for the show). He also felt borderline autistic with all of his panic attacks over simple shit. Monks are meant to be wise. And he SUCKS in his action scenes, the goddamn highlight of the show.

Didn't like they turned Colleen into a love interest instead of an ally, and they did it in the most generic way possible too. I know the actor for Misty Knight is dogshit, but come on, use HER and Luke Cage to connect IF to the other shows instead of fucking Claire and The Hand again. I don't understand the "the characters never have to meet before their big crossover" bullshit, it'd be more natural if the street level heroes just crossed paths in each other's shows and then decided to form after forming a bond with each other instead of having the initial snarky conflict that all of these cape crossovers have.

Speaking of The Hand, the origin change for Danny is retarded. Any time Iron Fist has to deal with The Hand has been complete shit, and this show is no exception.
>>
>>90886348
>a cunt in real life and slacked off in his training for the show
It shows.
>>
>>90886282

He came off as a YMCA yoga instructor trying to act tough. His fight scenes were probably the best of the series(not saying much) but fuck me, he was horribly miscast.
>>
>>90886282
Also the entire plot with Bakuto was the Hand wants the Iron Fist as muscle for intimidation even though they seem to have no problem intimidating people?

Reminded me of that new Ninja Turtles movies where the rich billionaire bad guy's scheme is to get to rich.
>>
File: tumblr_on128otHgA1upziqbo1_250.gif (1MB, 221x200px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_on128otHgA1upziqbo1_250.gif
1MB, 221x200px
Can we all agree this guy is the only interesting character on the show?

Fuck why does every Marvel Netflix series have the same problem of a supporting character or villain being more interesting than the lead?
>>
>>90886268
Supergirl only got its pilot reviewed.
>>
>>90886419
It sounded to me as if Bakuto wanted him as intimidation of the HAND, rather than others. Which I guess makes sense. If Gao is causing you shit, it'd be helpful to have the legendary enemy of the Hand on your side to make her think twice.
>>
>>90886441
Ward is like the only one who changes in a meaningful way throughout the series.
>>
>>90886449

A.) I don't see how that makes it's high review score any less embarrassing.

B.) Most of the negative critical reception came from people who only watched the first six episodes of Iron Fist.
>>
>>90886441
Ward is a major factor in why I kept with it.
>>
>>90886068
>>90886268
Only the pilots get reviewed for the CW shows. If I only saw episode one of Iron Fist I'd probably like it.
>>
>>90886477
Well let's be honest. Iron Fist doesn't exactly skyrocket in quality post episode 6.
>>
What is it with Scott Buck and incest subplots, geez

>>90886449
But Supergirl's pilot was one of the worst episodes.
>>
>>90886441

>hire Bunker from Banshee
>don't let him wreck anybody

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QvuHSslKjY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CQAtDHgw84
>>
>No DD style costume reveal in the final episode

This is seriously unforgivable.
>>
Would the show have been infinitely better if, for fights, Danny would pop in his ipod and become focused on old school rap to become centered, allowing him to fight like that trope from kung fu movies where the character looks to be paying no attention to their opponent while dodging and countering, and we'd get built in soundtrack for fight scenes?
>>
>>90886574
Meachumcest was the best part about Ironfist though.

I feel like with Supergirl reviewers are just scared to give girl power stuff bad reviews (See New Ghostbusters).
>>
>>90886607

I would have taken literally any stylistic choices at all.

Daredevil used slow-motion, reversing time, strong use of color and sound, all sorts of fun stuff. Iron Fist used what? Split screen twice? That one fight in the rain?

It was the most visually bland action of the entire MCU.
>>
File: I want to protect this smile.jpg (38KB, 500x386px) Image search: [Google]
I want to protect this smile.jpg
38KB, 500x386px
By the end of the series I took a step back and realized that the only reason I was able to keep watching through to the end was because I was invested in Ward Meachum's B-Plot with his drug and father issues. So I guess it failed as an Iron Fist series, because I cared about a complete asshole more than I cared about anything to do with Danny.
>>
File: Injustiça.gif (991KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
Injustiça.gif
991KB, 500x282px
>>90877944
>Which is smart
Except it means fucking 8 hours of what basically amounts to half of an origin story, who the fuck wants to watch that. The pace was already painfully slow in other Netflix shows, they really didn't have to slow shit down from fear of blowing their load too early.
>>
>>90886748
Well that's because corporate board room scenes and Ward talking to Joy about business got more screen time than kung fu action with Danny.

Hey guess what's harder to film. A bunch of people talking in a room about drug pricing or a cool fight scene where the iron fist takes on like 50 ninjas? They just cheaped out.
>>
>>90878935
The "8 episodes of plot stretched out to 13" meme came from DD s1 though. It's not because the other shows are even more of a drag that DD doesn't have this problem at times.
>>
File: Greggarms.gif (689KB, 434x452px) Image search: [Google]
Greggarms.gif
689KB, 434x452px
My Review

Pros

Coleene's arc is ok
Gaou steals every scene she's in and while she's horrible you actually like her as a villain she doesn't act Holier than thou or anything she accepts who and what she is.

Ward being a asshole that gets redemption

Hogarth hogarthing it up.

Cons
Shitty Glowworm looking Hand
Main Char Unlikeable
Boring Business People doing Boring Business
Joy is a bitch.
its literally raining 90% of the season.
sparse with the action and super heroing
no mention of any of the other Defenders, no introductions made or alliances formed.
>>
>Doesn't even wind up with a costume by the end of the series.

Literally just take his monk uniform and add the bandana mask like what Daredevil used in his first season.
>>
>>90886892
At the rate Netflix shows progress it's probably going to take at least 9 episodes for the "defenders" to agree to work with each other.
>>
>>90880517
Jackie doesn't direct stunts/movies with people outside of his own crew (which is why all he does has a steady level of quality), and I doubt he has a semi-recognizable white actor in it.
But yeah, some actual Hong Kong guy would have been just right.
>>
>>90886918
Anon, that's too silly. We're trying to be rip off HBO show here.
>>
>>90886939
Speaking of, did anyone happen to get a capture of the letter Claire got from I assume Luke? Is he on his way out of prison or are we going to spend half of the Defenders with him locked up?
>>
>>90880544
>https://streamable.com/cmctg
Embarrassing.
Why is the guy fucking aiming at the book Danny is using for protection?
Why is the fight taking place among a bunch of cardboard boxes? The fuck is this, Future War?
>>
>>90877177
It's better than Luke Cage and Jessica Jones, but still a far cry from Daredevil.
>>
Why do final villains on these shows always feel like a joke?
>>
>>90886950
Which one
>>
>>90886348
The rest of the people in the cap say he was lovely to work with. Also, the guy that said it, said White Tiger was in it? Where was my White Tiger???
>>
>>90887063
Claire Temple
>>
>>90883340
by shitty parody movie do you mean Kung Pow

please anon, don't say that
>>
>>90878286
You win the petty off
>>
>final fight is against six security guards and a middle-ged zombie with a pipe

Fucking hell, even the Worldstar Rap Battle at the end of Luke Cage was batter then that.
>>
>>90887120
He might've meant Epic Movie, which did a similar thing.

It was the only good part of that movie.
>>
Why is every one-off villain (like the drunken martial artist or Russian brothers) on this show more memorable than the main character?
>>
>>90886293
He's technically not an outsider, Orson Randall was born in K'un-Lun
>>
File: 1489981868746.jpg (88KB, 680x461px) Image search: [Google]
1489981868746.jpg
88KB, 680x461px
What's with the hate boner for Danny?
>>
>>90877177
Slow, inconsistent, not even laughably bad, and riddled with plotholes raging anti-SJWs refuse to see. Anti-SJWs are just as bad as SJWs desu when it comes to reviewing this show objectively.
>>
>>90888009
What the fuck does SJWs have to do with the show? Don't force things into the show that aren't there.
>>
>>90878178
I'm enjoying it.

The beginning stuff was not good because of how stupid Danny was but the stuff later on was better. Especially with Ward and Joy.

Fuck Harold though christ, the nigga forced them to work at Rand to get their inheritances.

Danny's the worst part I think. They should've gotten a nobody like Daredevil did.
>>
>>90878243
I mean, yeah, you can look to critics for opinions but ultimate you make your own.

Where's the charm? Danny is a hopeless man-child who repeatedly says that he's the Iron Fist and that he's trained for 15 years to have mastered his emotions yet 99% of the problems are caused by

>danny don't go in there!
>rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh i have to do this!
>danny take 10 min to think about this at least
>NO!

And gets them into trouble. This happens repeatedly for little to no reason. He gets little to no development and the rest of the characters are inconsistently portrayed. For example, Joy is the moral center of the two twins and gives Danny the benefit of the doubt but then drugs him? She's on Danny's side when Harold is threatened by the hand but then later talks to Davos about killing him?

Any character moments were immediately dashed by another character moment that directly contradicted the previous one.

As for fight scenes, do you mean the knife fight with 56 cuts or the first fight scene in the Rand building where it was clearly rehearsed and slow as shit or that one heroin building in China that was being guarded by...Chinese people with stereotypically Asian weapons and NO FUCKING GUNS FOR SOME REASON? Oh yeah and what about when Danny gets the jump on Harold twice in the finale, hits him once, and then, instead of disarming him or beating him into submission, runs away.

>Cookie-cutter villain
What is...the Hand? I liked Madame Gao in DD but what the fuck was she here? Just a bland caricature of a villain replaced by a "literally who" villain named Bakuto who's too over the top and unbelievable to take seriously. He reeks of a creepy cult teacher who's simply too edgy. And with the introduction of "literally who" Bakuto we now know next to nothing about the Hand's motive. First it was "worship the Black Sky and achieve immortality." But then the previous Black Sky in DD S1 is irrelevant and Elektra is the only Black Sky? What is the Black Sky?
>>
>>90883788
>Literally Bait the post
>>
>>90878243
>>90888318
Also Bakuto is not "the same faction of the Hand" as Gao but he also sucks people's blood and murders people and revives dead people so...what's the point? Why even have different factions except for..."oh well...at least we don't sell drugs and make people submit through fear"...except he literally makes Colleen and the entire Meachum family submit through fear.

Finally if you paid attention to the whole talky-talky times you'd realize that 1) people don't talk like that in real life but more importantly 2) that's not how companies work in real life.

Danny's been dead for 15 years. His ownership would've been taken and split up and even if he did come back and claimed it, there would be no way for minority shareholders, like that one literally who black guy, to oust Danny AND the Meachums who probably collectively own more than 70% of the company. They literally can't do shit.

Everything you said IF makes up for with is actually encompassed by JJ except for "decent fight scenes."
>>
>>90888242
I didn't say it had to do with the show directly. I'm saying it has something to do with the people reviewing the show at least on this board. Like I still see people saying shit like "oh the show only gets bad reviews because SJW don't like white Danny Rand" and use that to handwave many of the problems the show actually has like bad fight scenes, inconsistent characterization, shaky plot, and a terrible protagonist. At one point I was actually rooting for Davos to just kill Danny.
>>
>>90886348
>Danny was such a cunt and was never reasonable even once

list some times where he was not reasonable

>He also felt borderline autistic with all of his panic attacks over simple shit

its legitimate ptsd, and the struggle of trying to contain it so that he could be an emotionless living weapon
>>
I feel like Danny is too much of a manchild and dumb for me to like him.
>>
>>90883137
>Danny himself proved to be the most likeable protagonist of the bunch

To you maybe. He came off too immature and naive. His arc needed more filling in the gaps rather than flashbacks of him getting beaten by a stick. Best protag was actually Ward.

>>90883313
>darker than LC and probably DD S2
Get out of here pleb.
>>
Everyone is obsessed with Danny being white, as a "respect of asian culture" or some shit, but no one talks about the showrunner being a complete bad choice for this.

Luke Cage, like it or not, had at least a good representation of Harlem that you could truly feel, because the guy behind it knew Harlem, and knew his shit.

This guy obviously doesn't know squat about martial arts, mysticism or anything relating to Iron fist. And you can tell.

Basically, they missed the opportunity of hiring someone who could have been a specialist of that stuff, and "could have been" asian, since it's more likely, but not obligatory, that a chinese filmmaker would know that stuff.
>>
File: screengrab.png (137KB, 638x953px) Image search: [Google]
screengrab.png
137KB, 638x953px
Why is the new Iron Fist show such a draw for people to race-bait?
>>
>>90888504
Not that anon, but I'm guessing from memory

>danny! we have to increase the medicine prices for profit so that our company doesn't lose money and can actually funnel more into R&D so that we can actually cure MORE diseases than JUST THIS ONE and then repeat the cycle till we cure more and more diseases which is why we need profit and also because we're a fucking business and not a charity

>no it goes to market at cost

or

>danny! don't go in there right now we're not ready!
>no i have to save ward!

or

>I'm perfectly sane, doc!
>ok tell me what happened to you
>well i was in a mystical city in another dimension and gave me chi-powered iron fists after I looked at a dragon too ha--hey, doc what's that buff-looking orderly doing there

>hey colleen come with me to combat actual gangsters with guns despite me not knowing you're in the hand and only know you as the sensei of some cheap dojo nobody knows about

>oh i'm a billionaire who's received massive publicity for coming back from the dead after 15 years better not wear a mask

>"i've spent 15 years training i can master my emotions"
>I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS I'M SO ANGRY I CAN'T CHANNEL MY CHI ANYMORE

the PTSD I can't argue. That part I agree with. Though you'd think after 15 years "mastering his emotions" I guess you'd expect him to...handle it at least a bit better than he did.
>>
>>90880544
Had to turn that shit off halfway through
>>
>>90888664
Would unironically watch/read this
>>
File: 1437359031078.png (1MB, 989x1022px) Image search: [Google]
1437359031078.png
1MB, 989x1022px
So is the >general consensus about this series is that it's middlingly-bad but not because of "muh asian representaion"
>>
>>90888768
p much
>>
>>90888664
>pic
Sounds more entertaining than what we got desu. Sounds like there would be some great fish-out-of-water moments in there, and I'd totally be down for more movies/shows about American hillbilly rituals.

I'm not sure why those people assume people will get mad if they translate the premise to make it about white people.
>>
>>90888808
That's the great thing about being white. Since we won culture, our race can be nullified or mocked and it's no big deal.
>>
>>90888702
>>I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS I'M SO ANGRY I CAN'T CHANNEL MY CHI ANYMORE
This was so fucking asspulled...He just lost or gained it back depending on plot convenience.

He also got mad at the stupidest shit. And the plot was all over the place. They were constantly trying to get the Meachum to..;do stuff. To keep busy.

The original story of Danny going full-on Bruce Lee on the Meachum dad to get revenge is such a simple and effective story, but here, Danny is aimless for most of the series. People actually ASK HIM why he's here and he doesn't say. Then he starts rambling about his parents and gets a clear conflict for two episodes.
>>
>>90888847
>"Hey, cracker."
>"Uh. Ruined my day. Boy shouldn't have called me a cracker. Bringing me back to owning land and people, what a drag."
>>
Since the shows shit can anyone recommend a few good Iron fist comics?
>>
this show is amazing.
>>
>>90888950
The Immortal Iron Fist from 2006 is a great modern take on the character. Cheesy as fuck writing, bland visuals at times, but that comes with the territory
>>
>>90878554
That's actually a really great point. Daredevil has incredibly strong source material to draw from. Luke Cage tapped into a cultural atmosphere that's socially relevant and interesting. Jessica Jones had deep, human drama from the source material to draw on, as well as a perfect actor for Purp.

It does make me a bit irritated that DD Season 2 fell off so hard in the end

Iron Fist is just meh. Although, people saying it's a worse version of Arrow can fuck right off. Unless Danny stands outside a window watching his ex making out with his best friend while some shitty radio rock plays.
>>
>>90888950
The original run from marvel premiere was great fun.
>>
Danny really is the worst part of this show.
>>
>>90889030
I only wish we got more court scenes. And less Hand. They had a solid thing going on with Punisher that could've even led to a new gang war but I guess they needed to set up the Hand for the Defenders.
>>
>>90877177
It's shit and its BORING. He spends more time talking about being the Iron Fist than actually doing Iron Fist shit.
>>
>>90877177
>What's the verdict, /co/?
Is the worst TV program ever created. Even Worse than TWD

https://streamable.com/cmctg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZ9HfG5FjQ8

I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THIS SHIT
>>
Danny's Iron Fist is the "My Girlfriend that lives in Canada" of the MNU.

"Hey can you show us your Iron Fist"
"Muh Chi"

"What about now"
"I'm too emotional"
>>
>>90877350
yep, it's a martial arts show with crap acting, a forgettable plot, and ... shitty martial arts

fistfags can go fuck themselves
>>
>>90886068
arrow sucked since season 2, and iron fist wasn't great, but i wasnt bored. how?
>>
>>90889237
I fucking hated Elektra, she killed the show for me whenever she was on. I felt she dragged Matt backwards as a character and resulted in needless drama. A bit more believable drama than the CW-fare, but no less irritating

At the very least, I can say Iron Fist didn't cause me to lose interest and struggle through the last half like Jones, Cage, and DD:2
>>
>>90888664
because racists look for any excuse to be racist
>>
>>90883480
He learned that he doesn't care about running his father's company. He learned that not all people from the Hand are evil, even those who have been a part of it for years. He learned his father's best friend was a lying murderer. He learned he is a shitty iron fist, and that he can in fact deflect bullets with it.
>>
>>90889328
compare it to frank's hallway fight and the difference is staggering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8AvWkrppsg
>>
>I'd eat ice cream for breakfast
>And lunch
This nigga is humorous.
>>
File: serious actor jonah hill.jpg (173KB, 1704x568px) Image search: [Google]
serious actor jonah hill.jpg
173KB, 1704x568px
>>90889328
>want to ape the Old Boy/Daredevil long take hallway fight
>have to cut everywhere because you have to hide that your actor can't stunt for shit and you chose to not give him a mask
>want to ape the Captain America elevator fight
>no tension/build-up, none of the interesting choreography/weaponry
>>
File: 1476912710234.jpg (61KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1476912710234.jpg
61KB, 540x429px
>>90889502
>all that clarity where you can tell what's going on
Can't have that in a kung fu show
>>
It's pretty unwatchably boring.

And yeah, every time Danny fights, I want to cry a little.
>>
I really enjoy it.
>>
Just finished it

I honestly really liked it.
Better than Jessica Jones IMO

I liked all the shows, and the first half of Luke Cage was better, but not the last half, so it about even outs with that show
but Jessica Jones had a strong start and fairly good ending, but the entire middle part was soooo slow
and her supporting cast was garbage
Tennant saved that show. Best Netflix Villain
>>
>>90880966
>Costume doesn't even look bad
Fuck's sake
I get why Danny doesn't wear it due to him not really caring about his identity, but they could have at least made him try it on.
>>
>>90889980
>Best Netflix Villain
He's not even a good villain.
>>
>>90890110
They could at least have had him in costume when he's doing the tournament thing
>>
>goes after those closest to him
>kills his assistant first
kek
>>
>>90880966
>People get lost
>So it's okay to beat the shit out of them without knowing why

Kun Lun's behavior is more like Hell than Heaven
>>
The best thing about it was the cinematography and how they kept blending in the yellow and green colors together in the background.

Other than that it's the weakest link.
>>
It's average, not bad. The problem isn't that we have so much good TV now that average isn't acceptable.
>>
That ending was damn stupid. Why would Joy be interested in having Danny killed? He literally just saved your life by turning himself over to the hand, but now you want him dead cause he indirectly ruined your life, but not really? I get it's meant to be a set-up for the next season, but what a dumb premise to go off of
>>
>>90890890
>He didn't get it

Joy learned to play the game and what it means to be close to evil, she's just milking Davos for info so she can have Danny fuck his plot up extra hard.
>>
>>90883254
>the show is getting minus points almost simply for being Kung Fu.
The Kung Fu aspects of it suck. It's supposed to be more combat oriented and it was mostly family drama mixed in with corporate wankery and very LITTLE Kung Fu.
>>
>>90880544
This fight scene especially pissed me off. He's able to dismantle Hand warriors in a matter of seconds but he struggles with some overweight guy with a knife who just brawls.
>>
>>90877326
If Danny was the drunken fist guy it'd at least be a 7/10
>>
>>90890924
No that still makes no bloody sense and it's a dumb way to end the season. She has no reason to hate Danny whatsoever, he just saved her life and I have no doubt she actually wants to work with Davos cause she somehow blames Danny for everything although they had minimal interactions in the entire show
>>
>>90888702
>wanting to sell medicine at cost
>rushing in to save Ward

I'd say this is naivete rather than unreasonableness. He obviously wants to do the right thing, but the solution isn't as easy as he thinks it is, and he catches shit for trying to do things the way he wants, especially selling at cost. It's the same flaw he has in the comics, and I wouldn't say it's something that makes him unlikable. Hell, its the reason why a lot of people like Danny.

>spilling his guts to the doctor

Danny's a good boy and isn't really a liar, especially to people that haven't wronged him. Combine that with the fact that this mystical shit was his life for 15 out of 25 years, and thus very normal to him, why wouldn't he tell the doctor? This isn't unreasonableness, it's again naivete and lacking in street smarts.

>asking Colleen to help him fight

He knew she was skilled, wanted to do the right thing, and also wanted to do more with her life. She was also the only ally he had at that point.

>not wearing a mask

He's relatively new to the world of publicity and the concept of protecting his identity is foreign to him. It doesn't help that nobody ever suggested it to him either.

>he should have handled his emotions better

He was good at it at the start, but by the end of the season literally everyone he knew either back stabbed him, completely shat on him, died, or some combination of the three. To top it all off he finds out that his greatest trauma was orchestrated by a supposed family friend. I think that it's perfectly fair that he started to fall apart towards the end of it all.
>>
>>90891057
>No that still makes no bloody sense and it's a dumb way to end the season

It instills wonder on whether or not she will betray him, and again...she doesn't hate him but Davos doesn't know everything and assumes he can get a partner.
>>
>>90891159
The point is she has no reason to betray him, they're probably trying to make her become the big bad like Fat Mariah in Luke Cage but it makes no sense. Danny has literally done nothing to directly or indirectly harm her.
>>
File: 200.gif (26KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200.gif
26KB, 267x200px
Guys... Harold did nothing wrong right? I mean family first. Plus it's not like Danny really wanted to do anything with the business as long as he could fight the Hand.
>>
>>90891323
>Harold did nothing wrong right?
He killed Kyle
>>
>>90891415
Okay yeah. I still don't get why he did that. I'll give it to stress. But aside from that...
>>
>>90891204
>The point is she has no reason to betray him
Davos doesn't know that, and her simply speaking the words "i'm listening" along with human nature will make people wonder. This is a world where people kill each other over shoes, so yeah, she has every reason to betray him if you remember that stupidity exists in this world.
>>
>>90891460
>Okay yeah. I still don't get why he did that
Do you people really not pay attention?

The resurrections fuck your mind up as was told to you.
>>
>>90891758
Yeah but aside from that he really didn't do anything more than what I would expect someone like him to do. He had a temper and only cared about his legacy and his family.
>>
>>90891415
Kyle is a spineless faggot who deserved to die
Also official ratings:
DD1: 8.5
DD2: 8.2
IF: 7.5
LC: 7
JJ: 6.8
>>
I'm about to start the last episode. Out of all the first seasons, it's the only one that's held my attention. There was always some character I hated in the other series as they went on (jj, knight, karen ) but everyone here is great. The closest is Danny and that doesn't really kick in until episode 11 and 12. Its too bad about the fighting scenes.
>>
>>90888664
They should just pitch this as a comic instead of bitching about Iron Fist.
>>
>>90884047
I wish it was straight wushu shit but it wasn't even that bad
>>
>>90877177
I wasn't expecting much, and that's pretty much what I got.

All the other Marvel-Netflix shows had some sort of emotional center--something that was hinted at in the promotional material up to release: Daredevil had his struggle between justice and vigilantism; Jessica Jones had her struggle to get over her emotional/physical violation; Luke Cage had racial/economical struggles of the inner city... and Iron Fist had...?

There might have been something there if they did the whole martial arts spectacular angle, but what fight scenes there were were largely unspectacular. The story was convoluted (and honestly, you could've cut out about half of the conflicts in the series and it wouldn't have made a difference) and I found it hard to care about any of the characters.

I don't think it was a dumpster fire, or anything... BvS is my metric for superhero suck... but this was completely unremarkable and it felt completely unnecessary.
>>
>>90886441
>Fuck why does every Marvel Netflix series have the same problem of a supporting character or villain being more interesting than the lead?

It's a writing problem, lots of writers are too afraid to make changes or do big damage to the protagonist. Ward however is constantly challenged, and has many failings and flaws, so he's actually fucking interesting.
>>
>>90877326
Shut the fuck up moron. People merely suggested side-stepping some of the more problematic (and frankly cliche') aspects of the character with diverse casting. No one made that big of a deal of it. You are just a stupid racist cunt who has to perpetuate misconceptions to further their own idiotic lack of understanding about race and representation. you fucking idiot child.
>>
>>90884047
Except a staple of kung fu movies is clarity, which means no cutting every half second and changing angles all the damn time to hide how shitty your stunts are.
Kung fu movies also tend to have a competent stunt actor as the lead, and don't just rely on mooks doing flips because they were lightly grazed in the ankle region.
See: https://youtu.be/H6eC-BAsVdQ
>>
>>90892440

i've seen some pathetically transparent bait in my time...but this is up there.
>>
>>90892440
Triggered?
>>
File: 1488504051127.gif (500KB, 300x365px) Image search: [Google]
1488504051127.gif
500KB, 300x365px
>>90892440
>>
>>90891132

>medicine and spilling guts to doctor

I mean, yeah I guess that could be naivete. I didn't say it made him unlikable and...wasn't Danny in the comics more...like joking? He was light-hearted right? I hope they do more of that Danny in the Defenders but it doesn't seem like it.

>colleen

only ally maybe but not one he knew long enough to straight up say "risk your life for me and the things I'm trying to do" her development into fight-hungry sensei was a bit abrupt since she was preaching the bushido way. It's extremely unreasonable of someone to ask you, if you were Colleen, to do something like that especially when you gave the dude a place to stay and rules to follow, but he decides to break them anyway like:

>"don't touch my students"
>danny fucking whacks one in the leg
>"wtf danny"

>not wearing a mask
this is common sense now...it's both naive and unreasonable for him not to even consider wearing one when nearly everybody he encounters is like "danny? you mean that kid that died 15 years ago?" or "danny? that dude who now runs Rand and has a bleeding heart?" esp with his face splattered all across the media for the video that attorney guy leaked. He even wore a mask in the first episode to escape the guards so the concept isn't foreign to him.

>handling emotions
I can concede him losing it towards the end but he gets really, really spotty in the middle of the series. Sometimes he's angry sometimes he's not. Always impulsive.
>>
>>90892185
Holy shit, I hated Karen towards the end of DD S1. She fucking got Ben killed when he could've lived.
>>
>>90891836
It builds up with the resurrections
>>
>>90891847
>official ratings
Death take you
>>
File: 1485611786082.jpg (50KB, 720x528px) Image search: [Google]
1485611786082.jpg
50KB, 720x528px
>>90893475
>>
>>90890925
>It's supposed to be more combat oriented
So it's just your expectations that failed you?
I never expected it to be any more combat oriented.
>>
>>90877177
The plotholes and overall hypocrisy is about the same as the other Marvel Netflix series, but it doesn't have the decent direction, cinematography or coreography that carries the other series. I'd give it a 6/10.
>>
>>90891562
>she has every reason to betray him if you remember that stupidity exists in this world.

She doesn't. It's forced awful drama driven CW-tier writing.
>>
>>90893605
>Iron fist
>kung-fu oriented hero who channels chi to fight
>fights his way back into the Rand Company
>literally trained in kung fu for 15 YEARS
>has to fight the Hand who were basically ninjas in DD S2

you:
>I never expected it to be any more combat oriented.

DD has a lot of combat and the premise is a lawyer who fights crime by night. You would expect more court scenes but it's mostly action and yet you expect a show about a dude who trains in martial arts for several years to NOT BE ACTION ORIENTED?

It's not just that anon's expectations. It was the majority expectation including many /co/mrade's. You're just an outlier.
>>
>>90892185
>Out of all the first seasons, it's the only one that's held my attention.

Yikes. All the other shows I binge watched in a day or two. This one I couldn't watch more than 3 episodes at a time.

I think it's awful. Different strokes for different folks.
>>
>>90894102
I meant to say that he fights, literally fights, his way back into the company in the comics.
>>
IR-N FIST
>>
>>90894067
>She doesn't. It's forced awful drama driven CW-tier writing.
Dude, people kill each other SHOES

SHOES
>>
>>90894067
I honestly feel like you don't comprehend posts and just respond to them blindly.
>>
>>90894311
That's not an argument nor is it a justification for characters acting out of character dummy.

Danny just saved her life, the next scene she was scolding her dad for setting him up, and then a few moments later he wants Danny dead? Awful writing.
>>
>>90894334
>Why is this character doing something that makes no sense in terms of their personality or plot? This is bad writing
>HURR PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER OVER SHOES SO YOU SHOULD LET IT GO xD

I comprehend that there are people like you who defend awful writing.
>>
>>90894352
She doesn't want him dead you retard, this has been explained multiple times during the chain.

You are stupid, I want you dead.

It was just pointed out thought that you don't need to have a good reason to want someone dead, kind of like how I want you to choke on a lego right now not even kidding.
>>
>>90892484
That was far more entertaining and worthwhile to watch then the entirety of Iron Fist.
>>
>>90894399
>>90894352
It was pointed out to you repeatedly that she doesn't actually want him dead, do you simply not read the posts?

You guys are FAR, FAR more stupid than anyone responsible for bad writing or defending bad writing in the world. Yikes.
>>
>>90894444
This

I feel like I enter a kindergarten. Most of you people here shouldn't open your mouths about anything let alone have access to the internet, fuck.
>>
An okay series hamstrung by the fact that Danny Rand's actor has no charisma to carry the role.

Unfortunately, the one series you'd expect to be most with the martial arts combat, has the least impressive fight scenes.
>>
>>90894408
>You are stupid, I want you dead.

You are a mentally unstable idiot who is incapable of rational thought.

>you don't need to have a good reason to want someone dead
> kind of like how I want you to choke on a lego right now

Not everyone is deep on the autism spectrum as you

>>90894444
> that she doesn't actually want him dead

She's ENTERTAINING the idea of him being killed. That makes no sense whatsoever, she shouldn't even be talking to Davos. It's a character flaw and it's a writing flaw, I don't need a bunch of retards to try and excuse this lazy horrific writing by using awful analogies like, "PEOPLE KILL EACH OTHER OVER SHOES IT MAKES SENSE xD"

You're the one who is actually stupid and can't read. Check the original post again: >>90890890
>>
File: 1487800450880.jpg (114KB, 670x503px) Image search: [Google]
1487800450880.jpg
114KB, 670x503px
>>90894440
To be fair it's arguably a better fight scene than anything we've ever got in a superhero movie that wasn't 99.9% CG.
I fucking hate Hollywood fight scenes, God fucking damnit.
>>
>>90894971
>I fucking hate Hollywood fight scenes, God fucking damnit.
John Wick has some pretty great fight scenes. Probably the best to come out of Hollywood this decade, though still not anywhere near The Raid.
>>
>>90894971
Winter Soldier and Civil War had decent action. Not quite upper crust best-of-the-best tier, but better than average
>>
>>90895083
Civil War's action still suffered a lot from rapid cuts and shaky cam.
>>
>>90895083
>civil war
http://webmshare.com/play/gK4oY
>>
One episode in.

How is the fight choreography so shit? It's slow as hell, and not in an impressive "balletic kung fu" way.
How did they look at this performance and go "yeah, this guy is a compelling lead?"
I'll give it some more tries but holy fuck this is a bad sign.
Also whoa, Faramir got fucking old.
>>
>>90895043
I should give John Wick a watch one of these days.

>>90895083
>Winter Soldier
Some really good stuff. Particularly the Batroc fight and the elevator fight. I feel like the fight vs Bucky with the knife flipping was overcut and relied on weird angles too much, but it had some decent stuff.
I think most of it is much better than DD, although I appreciate some long takes in DD.
>Civil War
I genuinely watched it the first time last week, and I was suprised the memed to death airport fight was actually fucking great. But yeah that falls under the "relying on CG" category. Which is cool and all, maybe I shouldn't have said that the fight scenes are bad (there's a lot of good stuff in many movies of course not limited to Marvel), it's more that they're less reliant on practical effects (namely stunts).

Well, I guess there's Blade, too.
>>
File: ha!.jpg (12KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
ha!.jpg
12KB, 320x240px
>>90895261
Half of that is good though.
>>
>>90878441

Moon Knight would've sidestepped all SJW objections since Marc Spector is a possibly insane Egyptaboo rich mercenary who was already a badass and goes back to NYC to beat up gangsters as opposed to an actual white savior who gets chosen from among a bunch of qualified Egyptians and saves their culture or something.
>>
>>90895134
cw is more cut heavy than i remember it being, but it feels better for some reason.

it's a shame they couldn't find someone like scott adkins to play danny, iron fist really should have been the gold standard for superhero fights
>>
File: no contact.png (404KB, 790x358px) Image search: [Google]
no contact.png
404KB, 790x358px
>>90895333
>>
>>90895333
netflix just used their in-house chinese martial arts specialist who also worked on their Marco Polo series

Marco Polo was cancelled due to unpopularity
>>
>>90895458
I'm still a bit pissed at how cut heavy the initial confrontation between Bucky, Cap, and the SWAT team was. Probably the worst fight scene in the movie purely based on how rapidly it was cut.
>>
>>90895471
I had heard some good things about the fight scenes.
But
https://youtu.be/RHbwJi1L0HY
Eh.
It's certainly edited like shit.
>>
>>90895529
yeah, i'm not expecting tony jaa in protector, but it's pretty much a cut with every impact
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHtpN0ypQuc
>>
>>90895656
>a 4 (four) minute action fight scene in one take
Mother of God. Gotta love Asians sometimes.
On that note, not Kung Fu but
https://youtu.be/CJlCYNt2z9k

It's a fucking shame that Iron Fist doesn't even have the best fight scenes of TV Marvel.
>>
>>90877177
It's the only Defenders show where the secondary characters are far and away more interesting than the main protagonist, to the point that it'd probably be better if it just focused on them instead.

The Meachums carry every scene they're in, Ward goes from someone you wanna throw out a window to somebody so completely pathetic you can't help but feel sorry for in record time. Dad Meachum is hilarious, Joy is a treat.

If Colleen was the protagonist and they went full Marc Spector with Danny and made it ambiguous whether he was just crazy, crazy but superpowered, or actually telling the truth about all the wacky city of heaven/living weapon comic stuff, I think it'd have been better off.

Unlike Daredevil where you can't wait for Foggy and Karen to get the fuck out of the scene so Matt can go beat up more ninjas, Danny is probably the least interesting character in his own show. Like Cage had charismatic Mike Colter, and Cottonmouth was a phenomenal villain. The fact the conflict wasn't something Luke could just smash with superstrength and bulletproof skin was nice. Of course diamondback went and ruined the second half, but still.

Iron fist is unique in that its first few episodes are the weakest in the season, whereas for the other Defenders they start off strong but have a sputtery ending.

The negative reviews can almost entirely be attributed to the fact it starts off weak and finishes strong, there's no way Luke Cage deserves 10x as high reception when it shat itself so hard in the second half.
>>
so I think I know what they where TRYING to go with with the whole Joy wanting to kill Danny thing.

they wanted Ward and Joy to slowly over the show, switch dispositions.

at the start, Ward is a neurotic mess, he's stressed out, highly hateful of Danny and overall a bad person put in an even worse position, as essentially a secret slave of his father.

Joy starts the show with being a level headed, empathetic, but still ambitious and somewhat cutthroat person, she quite likes Danny, and has no idea about her father.

they fucked up though, as only Ward goes through a transformation, Joy however just gets distrustful of Ward, but barely does anything but defend Danny, I feel some scenes where cut that had her being more angry/critical of Danny.

so in the end Ward convinces us that he somewhat likes Danny but is still sort of a dick, just not to Danny, but Joy never did anything to convince us she had become a power hungry cold bitch out for revenge.

cause that is her character in the comics, but we never see anything to show this move.

its like about 5 scenes of character growth are gone, but they'll stick with it in the 2nd show and have her be an awful betraying bitch.

ALSO this show has the most fucking betrayals in the MCU tv series, EVERYONE IN THE SHOW BETRAYS DANNY, some MULTIPLE times, the ONLY one who doesn't are Gao, who always tells the truth, and Lawyer Trinity.

let that sink in, the cold as ice lesbo lawyer was the most trustworthy ally he had.
>>
>>90895596

It has absolutely no sense of impact.

Hell, John Wick spent two movies shoulder-throwing and arm-locking bad guys and even those very practical moves--without even counting the subsequent headshots--looked cooler than that entire fight.
>>
>>90896112
Of course J-Money is loyal, Lawyers are only snakes to people not their clients.

The scenes where Danny looks at the pokemon stickers under his dad's desk in front of her and tries to hug Hogarth were cute, the show could use more humanizing moments like that.
>>
>>90896112
>they wanted Ward and Joy to slowly over the show, switch dispositions.
This is what I have such a huge problem with.

This is CLEARLY what they were going for but overall it just made no sense.

They did a really poor job of having this happen, and her conspiring with Davos would have been a big surprise moment if only it wasn't executed so poorly. The actress who played her wasn't likeable at all, and she was terribly inconsistent, at one point she's telling Danny to leave them alone cause she's not part of the family, the next she's crying real tears about him. And it doesn't rub me like they were going for a bipolar disorder angle so what gives?
>>
What are the best fight scenes in the MCU?
The Daredevil hallway fight and Punisher prison fight are the biggest stand-outs for me. Can't really remember any impressive fight scenes from the movies other than the Winter Soldier Highway and Elevator fights.
AoS has Daisy's attempt at being John Wick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hReYNlIoIWE
>>
>>90877177
I'm on episode 4 and each episode has been a fucking struggle. I am seriously considering just not finishing it.
>>
Davos did nothing wrong
>>
>>90896901
He didn't remove Bakudo's head. That was wrong. I mean it's not going to effect him in anyway but still.
>>
>>90896779
I thought ep 3 and 4 was a clear upswing from the mostly uninteresting ep 1 and plain awful ep 2, but if you're already struggling I'd say you should just drop it.
>>
>>90897022
This. It was a ridiculously stupid move.
>>
>>90896779
I felt the same but when Claire shows up the plot starts to pick up. Even then it still is the suckiest of all the defenders shows. It starts off awful then it middles out to average towards the end.
>>
>>90897022
Aye, he had the chance to to kill the head of the Hand but didn't because plot
>>
>>90896049
>It's the only Defenders show where the secondary characters are far and away more interesting than the main protagonist

That was an issue in JJ and LC too. Jessica's a shitty character and Colter has the charisma of a rock. IF had a bland lead in both character and actor.

Mac in AoS is a better Luke than Colter is
>>
>>90877177
Ward was great
The rest of the show was missed opportunities
Instead of fun Kung Fu antics we got corporate junk and more of Gao doing what she did in DD
>>
>>90897589
The corporate junk should've been used to make Joy go rogue but they even messed that up.
>>
I just think the critics are severely out of touch and unfair. They give Luke Cage high praise and Iron Fist poor reviews. Honestly I think Luke Cage has almost as many flaws as Iron Fist does. Once Cottonmouth bites it the show crashes and burns.

For me Iron fist is 5/10
and Luke Cage is 6/10
DD S1 is 9/10 and DD S2 8/10
and JJones 8/10, the main antagonist saves it
>>
I don't understand why a guy who spent, what, 15 years in a Tibetan monastery doesn't feel more out of place in the west. He had discipline beaten into him with canes but didn't pick up any mannerisms or idiosyncrasies and apart from living outside can just slide right back into 2017 New York?

Also, he pronounces "K'un-Lun" like an American ordering off an Asian Fusion menu. I'll have the "cunn-lunn" with the "my-so" soup.
>>
>>90899489

In any case, IF is definitely the weakest of the shows.

They'd better turn things around for Defenders.
>>
I just finished Iron Fist.

I liked it. I enjoyed it. The characters were all nice, and the plot against the hand was better handled that it was in DDS2. Finn Jones as Danny Rand was decent, Finn Jones as Iron Fist was terrible, he should have trained and toned up more. Colleen, Ward and Joy were my favourite characters, Clair was surprisingly good in here after being one of the things I liked the less about Luke Cage.

It definitely doesn't deserve all the shit it gets.
>>
>>90878243
>Overall I'd say it was better than JJ, and slightly better than LC.
Pretty much.
>>
>>90900221
this it wasn't as great as DD but it was perfectly fine
>>
>>90900221
>Finn Jones as Iron Fist was terrible, he should have trained and toned up more
he trained a lot, apparently. the filming schedule was just terrible, only giving him around 20 minutes sometimes to go through the choreography of a scene before shooting it.

the jump in quality from the RZA directed episode is telling (aside from the Bride of 9 Spiders, who was shit and throws an adaptation of Seven Capital Cities into question), the Dexter shitter has to go.
>>
File: Egh.png (388KB, 773x472px) Image search: [Google]
Egh.png
388KB, 773x472px
>>90877177
When people just can't accept that the show was still gonna suck.
>>
>>90901261
Asian Iron Fist would've missed the point entirely, though.
>>
>>90889485
He learned to heal with the fist as well as replenish his Chi.
>>
>>90877177
I really liked the attitude of the show.. Its very netflix-marvel's post-incident furreal life special people. But also very much in the tone of the original IF comics. I appreciated the hell of the that. Danny needs more inner monologues where he dissects fighting styles tho.

All in all, the only thing i really hated was the fact that claire was there so much. I had told someone last week that I thought netflix had been fairly reasonable with limiting the crossover characters and making each show stand on its own, that is, until claire showed up in IF and never went away.
>>
>>90889485
>He learned that not all people from the Hand are evil, even those who have been a part of it for years.

He didn't learn that. Colleen learned that The Hand really is pure evil and has been using her all these years.
>>
It was okay.

Will someone explain all this white-washing bullshit? I thought Danny Rand was a white guy in the comics?
>>
>>90903749
Kung-fu fighting is for asian people only, and to say otherwise is racist. Contrary to what Carl Douglas would have you believe.
>>
From the clips I've seen of this show Finn Jones fights like your middle school friend who was convinced he knew martial arts.
>>
>>90903866
That's pretty damned retarded if that's really why.
>>
>>90891415
Vanilla ice cream
>>
>>90903749
To the people complaining about Danny Rand being white, it's not so much whitewashing, it's more that they have a problem with the entire concept behind Iron Fist and want to change it.

See:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MightyWhitey
>>
I don't trust anyone who thinks this show was good.
>>
>>90877177
Whiny manchild awkwardly flails at slow-moving opponents
>>
>>90904412
That's still a dumb reason to complain. I'm not complaining about Ghost In The Shell. (Although to be honest Scarlet has the perfect acting chops to pull off emotionless robot).

The whole cultural appropriation argument boils down to "we don't want to share our culture" in the end.

Also why this show? It's not even that good, nobody was stopping Wesley Snipes or Jason Statham.
>>
>>90891415
Poor Kyle. He only wanted to be Harold's personal fucboi.
>>
>>90904703
>Also why this show? It's not even that good,

The complaints started as soon as the show was announced, so quality wasn't really an issue. Hype resulting from the previous Marvel Netflix shows would be the main reason it got attention.
>>
So they're leaving hints about Season 2. It's probably going to be Iron Fist Vs Iron Fist.
>>
>>90905265
It seems Davos allied himself with Madam Gao and will become the Steel Serpent, yeah. Joy's heel turn made no sense though.
>>
>>90877284
>see video of actual trained iron fist
>hoping for foreshadowing
>blue balls

>>90878363
i seriously doubt jessica jones season 2 can be anywhere near as good as season 1 due to the sans tennant. he had so much fun with that roll

>>90878630
>with doctor
>doctor diagnoses him with delusions and ptsd
>delusions were wrong
>ignores ptsd

3 things just make this hard to watch for me.
1: danny spends first cupple episodes trying to convince people he's danny
>doesnt ask them to ask him questions to prove it
>billionaire child has no medical records other than 1 broken arm
>jerry believes him instantly
>tells doctor drugs keep him from fisting yet doesnt make a deal to temporarily be taken off drugs now that doc know's it's realy danny and his only problem is ptsd
2:characters not interacting because they werent payed to be in this series and they would have overshadowd
>night nurse knows about the hand, knows daredevil doesnt like the hand and refuses to call daredevil in
>hogarth knows jessica, joy hires jessica, niether think she'd be good in a fight
>spidey is MCU cannon and doesnt care about anything
3 acting. holy shit it's bad. other than ward who pulled off a decent "paranoidyuppie"

also only good fight was drunken guy

>>90891415
FUCKING VANILLA
>>
Dd S2 > DD S1 > Luke Cage 1-6 > Iron Fist > Luke Cage 6-12 > Jessica Jones S1
>>
>>90905753
DD S2 Punisher parts > DD S1 > Luke Cage 1-6 > Iron Fist > DD S2 The Hand parts > Luke Cage 6-12 > Jessica Jones S1
>>
>>90878694

lol
>>
>>90905576

>Joy's heel turn made no sense though.

Nothing about Joy made sense. She was an entirely different character from episode-to-episode.
>>
>>90905841
I liked how Joy was the only character who was competent at its job.
>>
>>90905802
seperate jones into parts with and withought killgore.
for me the split happens at the police station. everything from the police station onward i'd put inbetween cage and dd1
david tennant just had so much fun with the roll i had to respect it
>>
They should had took pointers from Jackie Chan on how to do the fight scenes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1PCtIaM_GQ
>>
not that great
>>
>>90905896
Alias is a story about a woman hero who gets captured and raped repeatedly for trying to do it on her own and only feels safe once a strong male hero puts a baby in her belly then she retires.

JJ never should have been made into a show and certainly not spun to appear to be about an empowered woman.
>>
This show is so bad I don't even want to watch it.

>That Claire showing up and literally forcing her way into the show
Fuck this whore
>>
File: 14881361361.jpg (72KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
14881361361.jpg
72KB, 800x800px
>>90877177
Almost the definition of a mixed bag, but in it's mediocrity it has more bad than good.
>Writing is mostly terrible, with some ocasional moment of brillance.
>Dialogue is mostly cringe-worthy with the ocasional great line that had some thought put into it.
>The cast is almost evenly split 50/50 when it comes to acting chops.
>Direction varies from gorgeous lightning and well-composed shots to boring garbage-bin directing.

The only things that are 100% bad are the fights and that the characters are inconsistent as fuck.
They fucked up almost every single fight scene, and all of them had so much going for them. Hype as fuck Chinese Axe Gang? Boring over-edited fight scene. You're expecting a hype tournament episode? Boring fights. A LITERAL DRUNKEN MASTER? GET FUCKED HERE'S THIS SHIT SCENE.

The rest are just bad choices like Claire going toe-to-toe with some of Gao's people and Mercenaries, Danny's PTSD has only scene where it feels real, and Danny's entire identity crisis is so badly written it makes him look like an undecisive, incompetent little bitch. Hopefully Defenders fixes him.
At least Jessica Henwick is a literal goddess.
5/10
>>
>>90905954
This. Was it because Bendis is so big at Marvel? Who the fuck thought turning her into an empowered female was the best option? Especially when they fucking cast Hellcat.
>>
>>90905954
i hear alias was great till they did a reintroduction due to the superbowl
>>
Only good this about this show is the Asian chick getting sweaty in yoga pants
>>
>>90905954
I seriously can't wait for this to happen. SJWs are gonna be killing themselves on street corners when they take their "empowered female" and make her get pregnant by the big strong male hero so she quits.
>>
>>90905954

>and certainly not spun to appear to be about an empowered woman

Calling JJ a show about female empowerment is a big fucking stretch. The most "empowering" things about that show is maybe her friendship with Patsy?

It's more about surviving trauma.
>>
>>90906077
it blows my mind that people pretend to like her as a comic character
it's weird fetish fuel at best
>>
>>90897422
Mac has more charisma than anyone not named Tony Stark in the entire MCU
>>
>>90906086
>It's more about surviving trauma.

That's empowering for some people.

Also being allowed to be a fuckup.
>>
>>90905896
Too bad he's a mediocre actor and his character is trash.
>>
>>90906150

>That's empowering for some people.

Which is fine, that's their prerogative.

But calling JJ some sort of feminist bugle call is bizarre.
>>
>>90905957
At first it was fine in Jessica Jones cause it showed synergy, but then she showed up in Luke Cage and became a huge part of it, and she became a huge part of this one too. So it kinda takes away the novelty of the whole inclusion anyway.
>>
>>90906226
I don't know why people give Jessica Jones so much flack. She's the way she is cause she was mind-controlled for years by some English man. I'm not a woman, but the undertones of how brave she was for facing her abuser, may resonate with a lot of women who have been in abusive relationships, the same way I've seen comments on here of people saying "based ward" was the best part of the show probably cause his dad being a dick to him all through resonates with them.
>>
>>90906288

>I don't know why people give Jessica Jones so much flack

What? I'm not giving it flack, it's my favorite of the MCU/Netflix projects so far.

I'm just saying it wasn't specifically written as a piece of feminist art.
>>
>>90906288
Because it's a terrible show.
>muh relatability
Doesn't make a show good.
>>
>>90906436
>>muh relatability
>Doesn't make a show good.

That's part of why a show is good. If you're able to relate to it and its characters.
>>
Alright so I watched the first two episodes of this and they sucked shit, what are the MANDATORY episodes (anything with a half decent fight scene, worthwhile lore references, stuff that might matter to the overarching Defenders buildup) that I need to see?
>>
>>90905802
Iron Fist is way too high. It's on the same tier as Jessica Jones imo.
>>
>>90906493
I'm 5 episode in and every episode is crap, they spend more time in board meetings than crime fighting. All the fights have been crap so far I am literally about to skip to the last episode to see if it has anything Defenders related.

>>90905802
>Iron fist above anything
At least Luke cage and Daredevil actually made me care what happens. The main villain of fucking Iron fist is a fucking old lady from DD, How the fuck do you make a side villain a main villian?
>>
>>90906142
Or Peter Quill.
>>
>>90906588
Madame Gao wasn't even a side-villain in DD. She was just a prop. Nobu was more of a side-villain.
>>
>>90906288
You don't need to have daddy issues to root for a poor bastard who's been fucked over by almost everyone he had contact with.
>>
>>90906588
Do it because there's nothing Defenders-related, Tom.
>>
>>90906493
Just skip to the last episode senpai. The entire series is filler.
>>
I'm on episode 3 and the writing is kind of shit, nevermind the lack of action.
>>
>>90906588
Iron Fist doesn't have a main villain per se. Also, everybody was expecting Madam Gao was going to play a big role in Iron Fist since she was introduced.
>>
>>90906477
Except it's not and Jessica Jones is definitely not good.
You don't need to relate to characters for show to be good and making characters "relatable" is a cheap parlor trick for hacks who can't engage viewers otherwise.
>>
>>90906646
To some degree you do. You can relate to how he feels being bullied.
>>
File: 1473542585404.jpg (24KB, 272x292px) Image search: [Google]
1473542585404.jpg
24KB, 272x292px
Why didn't they wait to see if Finn could act/do action before casting him?
>>
>>90906702
>You don't need to relate to characters for show to be good
Yes you do. That's one of the main working points in any form of art.
>>
>>90906717
That's what stunt-doubles are for.
>>
>>90906706
>bullied
But he wasn't just being bullied, it was outright abuse, you don't always have to project to feel sorry for a character.
>>
>>90906646
>Could've just been a rich young Trump who lives a peaceful life with his Asian waifu while Ward and Joy make him even richer
>Decides to pull some Chinese Robin Hood crap
It's his fault
>>
>>90906774
>he wasn't just being bullied
He was forced to do things he didn't want to do. That's called being bullied.
>>
>>90906666
It only gets worst, nice quads
>>
>>90906808
Re-read my post. I never denied Ward was being bullied. Fucking idiot.
>>
>>90906775
How can it be Robin Hood crap if it was his money?
>>
>>90906726
No, it has no bearing of work's quality, you overly emotional motherfucker.
Just because some idiot relates to characters in a shitty show or a movie doesn't make it good.
>>
>>90906860
I did, you didn't say anything consequential so I said something inconsequential in return.
>Fucking idiot.
Calm down teenager.
>>
>>90906610
I want Mac to meet Rocket
>>
>>90906880
Started investigating his own company
>>
>>90906887
>i fucked up but i'm too embarrassed to admit it
>t-teenager!!!!
Thanks for confirming it again. You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>90906885
>Just because some idiot relates to characters in a shitty show or a movie doesn't make it good.
You're having some serious trouble with reading comprehension. I said making characters relate-able to the audience is part of a good show not the entirety of it. No one enjoys a show where they can't relate to any of the characters.
>>
>>90906938
Still his money.
>>
>>90906970
That makes him even more retarded.
>>
>>90906952
>>i fucked up but i'm too embarrassed to admit it
Except I didn't, everyone who can read can see what I said here.

>People relate to characters they resonate with
>Hurrr no that dodnt make da show good
>People relate to Ward cause he was being bullied
>Hurr he wadnt just being bullied (inconsequential nonsense just so you can get a word in)
>Gets it thrown back at him
>Throws a tantrum and starts crying

Graduate high school yeah? You've clearly run out of any semblance of an argument you previously had.
>>
>>90907032
From a business standpoint, yes. I thought Danny was a complete retard after he forced the committee to give away the drugs, but then the show tells you he was supposed to be doing the "right thing", I still felt he was shitting everything up anyways.
>>
>>90907062
Oh, boy. You are really a fucking idiot, aren't you?

I'm not the mongoloid who's arguing that relatable characters are a tool for hack writers to make people interested, you're so retarded you can't hold two arguments without getting them mixed up you fucking failure of a person.

>But he wasn't just being bullied, it was outright abuse, you don't always have to project to feel sorry for a character.
Where did I deny Ward was being bullied like you claim, shitstain? If anything I was adding to it, you pathetic piece of shit.

And just to get it through your dicksucking head the only thing I said was that you don't need to have a trauma to feel bad for a character being abused and taken advantage of, fucking idiot.
>>
>>90906956
>making characters relate-able to the audience is part of a good show not the entirety of it.
And I said it's fucking bullshit for obvious reasons.
>No one enjoys a show where they can't relate to any of the characters.
I do because I'm not a self-inserting faggot. You can care about and like characters without relating to them.
>>
>>90907198
>You are really a fucking idiot
See now you're projecting your own mental manletness, probably from past experiences of being bullied.

I'm not getting anything mixed up and I'm clearly not the moron having a hard time staying clear headed enough to get their points across in an easy to understand manner. You weren't even the guy I was responding to, who ended up agreeing with me, so I don't doubt you have no clue what I was saying but let's recap:

>Talking about Jessica Jones
>Say that women relate to JJ cause they can relate to her story, I mention it's the same reason people can relate to Ward
>No mention whatsoever of the show quality
>You butt in and start mouthing off about how the show sucks
>Still no mention of show quality cause we're talking about characters
>Refuse to admit that characters being relate-able can make a show good
>Harp on about an irrelevant fact about how Ward wasn't "just bullied" as if it actually matters to the general point being made
>Sperg out and throw a tantrum like a little child cause you can't read basic text
>Trying to squeeze in as many insults as you can cause you're embarrassed you don't know what you're saying

>you don't need to have a trauma to feel bad for a character being abused and taken advantage of

And that's the part where you don't seem to get cause you're a thick headed dolt of a keyboard warrior. You think I'm saying you need to have dead parents to like Batman, you are so stupid you're taking everything that was said literally.

What's wrong with you?
>>
>>90907362
>manletness
Man, you're pathetic.

Considering you couldn't hold your argument and devolved into making stuff up and greentexting, also confusing posters and looking like a complete retard there's no reason for me to keep humoring you. Enjoy your aimless arguing, fucking idiot.
>>
>>90907233
> for obvious reasons.
For reasons only known to you cause you can't come up with anything coherent other than anger and calling someone who doesn't think like you a faggot, then you somehow expect to be taken seriously.
>You can care about and like characters without relating to them.
Sadness, grief, joy, humor, abandonment etc. etc. are all human emotions that people can relate to. It's called empathy, you don't need to self-insert which is a completely different thing that you're bringing up with 0 basis.
>>
>>90907454
>making stuff up
Literally nothing has been made up. I was talking to someone else, you butted in and wanted to get your chops in about how Jessica Jones as a show sucked when we weren't even talking about the show.

>literally same posting pattern as before
>i-i-it's totally different people

You and I are the only people still left in this thread, stop being an idiot pretending that I'm confused about your glaringly apparent stupidity and hot-temper. All cause you can't read correctly. I was right in calling you a teenager from the get-go.

Grow up.
>>
>>90907471
For reasons obvious to anyone who isn't braindead, which is why you can't comprehend what I'm saying.
>you can't come up with anything coherent
Oh, that's rich coming from you. You're doing absolutely nothing but spewing shit with zero basis and pretending to have a high ground.
>then you somehow expect to be taken seriously.
More irony you're not even aware of, please.
>are all human emotions that people can relate to
Good job on proving me right that "muh relatability" has no bearing on quality since every idiot can pull it off.
>which is a completely different thing that you're bringing up with 0 basis.
Let me spell it out for a retard like you then, self-inserting is a part of "relating" to characters.
>>
>>90880517
>Perfect world
No, just a reasonable one.
A first year business student would have made a better decision, even knowing jackshit about film.
>>
>>90905957
That scene where she couldn't accept that an actual dragon lives in Kun Lun while talking to Davos made me hope he'd just punch her in her face for disrespecting his culture or something.
>>
>>90906726
I certainly dont need to relate to a characters life to be able to enjoy that character. My emotional drive in shows in when heroes make there sweeping speeches about hope and inherent goodness, about being a better version of our self, and working towards more. I just get disgusted by a character like JJ being belligerent, drunk assholes. I dont relate to "flaws" I relate to so called superheroes being a better version of humanity. So far only Daredevil has captured this essence to me.
>>
>>90896049
>to somebody so completely pathetic you can't help but feel sorry for in record time
The precise turning point is when he's flipping off Harold's hidden cameras in his office. Ward is such a shit early on that when he gets kicked on, it's entertaining, and then it keeps going worse and worse as he stops doing things to earn it and then it becomes sympathetic.
>>
File: 1432610514259.jpg (561KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1432610514259.jpg
561KB, 1920x1080px
>>90880347
I was hoping they'd be more Ryu/Ken. Sadly no.

Was Colleen going to recruit Claire? That'd have been really fucked up.

I was hoping for Moon Knight later on, but now I'm not so confident.
Thread posts: 534
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.