[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

CW shows still worth watching?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 112
Thread images: 8

File: CW_DC.jpg (87KB, 575x404px) Image search: [Google]
CW_DC.jpg
87KB, 575x404px
So I'm starting to get caught up on all of the DC shows, and they are all coming to a crossover. So now's the time to decide what I actually want to watch.

I watched all of it last season, fucking all of it, but the only ones I've decided to move forward with this season are Flash and Legends of Tomorrow. Arrow pissed me off last season, and Supergirl I could take or leave.

So how are they this season? Should I give Supergirl a second chance? Should I give Arrow a third?
>>
Flash and Arrow are good

Supergirl and Legends are poo
>>
>>90867452
Legends and Flash are good

Arrow and Supergirl are poo
>>
>>90867452
Supergirl has Melissa Benoist running around in a little skirt and thigh high boots.

That's important.
>>
>>90867452
Flash and Legends. Arrow is genuinely bad TV and not in a fun way like Legends.

Supergirl is a cute.
>>
For non capeshit, iZombie is the only one that has truly had more than one good season but it hasn't started up again yet for the third. Riverdale has an interesting start but I'm not sold yet.

Supergirl this season is better than the first season with less cringely gender stuff, but it's still not good and they're forcing a terrible Mon-El/Kara ship. Flash is absolutely garbage. Arrow is more similar to the first two seasons but there's generally been too much damage to recover. Legends is better than the first season but that's not saying much.

I haven't watched any of the animated stuff besides the first season of Vixen. It was solid.
>>
I want to like Supergirl and am looking forward to this week's crossover.
>>
So no one can agree. Classic.
>>
>>90868739

no I think the other guys were just trolling to be contrarians

I think it's pretty clear which ones are the good ones (Flash and Arrow)
>>
>>90868787
Flash isnt good

>>90867452
Izombie and riverdale. Arrow is the best of 4 very bad shows
>>
>>90867452
I'd say stay with all of them. Arrow is the best it's been since season 2. Supergirl improved nicely since it's move. Legends is just too much fun to ever pass up. I only lately have issues with Flash. Whole thing feels stale, the relationshit stuff is becoming too much and Barry just keeps getting dumbed down. But I'll stick with it. It can still be pretty okay on occasion.
>>
>>90867452
Arrow season 5 is the best CW show bar none.

This season of Flash has been frusturating and Barry is a shit but there are enough nice moments to keep me going.

Legends of Tomorrow has really wacky premises and fun character interactions but its started shitting the bed logic wise and has forced fan-headcanon explanations for possible comic fuck ups, but its got based as fuck Eobard Thawn
Supergirl is worth watching if you like best boy Mon-El, him and Jobhunter are the only reasons i keep coming back.

>>90868787
>REEEEEEE PEOPLE THAT DISAGREE WITH ME ARE CONTARIANS

stop thinking like this, its mental cancer
>>
>>90868956
Mean to say "canon fuck ups"
>>
Arrow is a continuous back & forth between points where it looks like it will be good again to dropping like a rock into worse show ever
>>
>>90868956
>Arrow season 5 is the best CW show bar none.
There's no way I'm going back to the Felicity and Friends show.
>>
>>90869070
Good thing for you that it's not that anymore.
>>
>>90869070
Felicity is basically a bad guy at this point
>>
>>90867492
But Kara is cute.
>>
No Tomorrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Jane the Virgin, Frequency, The Originals are just good television shows

Riverdale is addicting drama with so many cuties

Arrow has been pretty hype this season, the Human Target episode was ace and I always love anything with Wild Dog

LoT is silly fun

Supergirl is kinda great, at least they're doing all these zany plots full of aliens and stuff, corny as fuck but entertaining as hell

iZombie is the best comic book show on television by far

Flash can suck a dick, it's so slow and boring and I don't understand how anyone can defend any moment since Eddie shot his dick off. it's been going in circles since.
>>
>>90867452
I like LoT, it's not a good show but it's silly and comic book-y in ways I appreciate.

The rest are ass.
>>
I know nothing about comics and I'm normie as it comes to tastes. Flash really was good and I really enjoyed the first season.
>>
Riverdale is a fun show with a nice soundtrack.
>>
Legends>Flash>Arrow>Supergirl
>>
>>90871437
this LoT is as bad as the rest but at least it's funny and entertaining in spots
>>
>>90867452
Arrow is better. Not amazing, but better. But it's becoming increasingly clear that they are making it up as they go along, on both Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow. Supergirl is better than Season 1 in many ways - better fights, better CG, reduced love drama - but worse in others. I wouldn't bother if you have more interesting things on your TV agenda.
>>
>>90867452
Flash is shit now. Even if they do no speedster villians in S4 I have doubts the show will get any better.
Supergirl is still shit.
Arrow is better, had one shit episode, most of the season is decent.
LoT is fun like this anon said >>90871437
>>
>>90867452
Arrow is back to being as good as it was in season two. Felicity isn't even a complete twat any more. Not a complete one.

Supergirl is more Gurl power LGBT nonsense. Watch it for Dean Cain, Teri Hatcher and Kevin Sorbo.

Flash is spinning the drain this season. Almost no part of this show work anymore.

Legends is as close as we will ever get to an American Doctor Who. Pure madcap fun. Just don't think about it too hard. Also, it has Heat Wave. Any negative comments on this show are negated by having Heat Wave here every week.
>>
Flash has gotten really boring. They have a great cast and setup and they ruin it with terrible writing week after week. STOP making Barry an idiot, STOP with the pointless drama, and STOP with the clichéd WHO COULD THE VILLAIN BE??? shit

Arrow is still bad but not complete trash like S4

I'm not caught up on Supergirl but I liked the first few eps of the season and I haven't watched Legends S2 cuz S1 was boring but I hear good things
>>
>>90867592
>I haven't watched any of the animated stuff besides the first season of Vixen. It was solid.
Second season of Vixen was even better.
>>
>>90872487

Legends is crap. Bad writing and cheap budget
>>
>>90874051
S1 was pretty awful but 2 has been a really good time especially the legion of doom ep and last week's ep
>>
>>90867452
>So how are they this season? Should I give Supergirl a second chance? Should I give Arrow a third?
No, no, & no.
>>
>>90867538
Terrible opinion. Flash is terrible this season, while Arrow is good again.
>>
>>90874192
Flash sucks, Supergirl and Arrow are really fun this season
>>
>>90867452

Barry is in middle of becoming Darth Barry.
>>
>>90867452
>still
They were never worth watching to begin with.
>>
>>90867538
>>90867492
Arrow and Legends are good
Flash and Supergirl are poo

Supergirl is constant poo
>>
>>90867452

Some of the Supergirl shows are fine. The first two episodes featuring Clark were a lot of fun and many people here mentioned liking them, particularly the portrayal of Clark/Superman.

I personally don't bother watching Arrow, and I don't find it bothered me for the cross-over. Even the Arrow cross-over, which was their 100 episode and had a lot of reference to things I had no clue about (parents dead? alive? he was engaged?) and I didn't have a problem enjoying it.

Flash is the one I have kept up with the both but I think a lot of people are tired with how the writers decided on a season long big bad (when they promised they wouldn't) and made it another speedster. Also, bringing someone along as a new cast member, when H.R. was also somewhat new, is being done at the expense of Cisco and future/maybe Killer Frost. Plus they were already bringing along Wally more into the show and adding a love interest for Joe, etc. etc. It's gotten unfocused and there's too much idiot-balling by Grant/Barry - people can forgive only so much due to charisma and tone and I think they lost and went past that forgiveness level with the stuff that happened with Zoom at the last batch of episodes of S2. Plus using Johns crappy Flashpoint as a underpinning for this season is just a stupid idea as well. I'll still end up watching all the episodes but I've stopped watching it live and, ATM I'm behind like 2 episodes on SG, 4 of The Flash and everything of LoT (But I plan to marathon those all at once - everything I've seen and heard, has been promising and I thought the first half of the season was excellent and a huge improvement on S1).

I would definitely recommend LoT without reservations.
>>
Watch it for Laurel
>>
File: gotham.jpg (852KB, 3900x2923px) Image search: [Google]
gotham.jpg
852KB, 3900x2923px
>>90867538
>>90867492

As far as CW goes, I think

Arrow (against all odds) actually ended up having the best story.

Flash is getting worse and worse as they realize they can't outdo the "mystery speedster" from season 1, which makes all the pointless filler and re-used character conflicts that much unpalatable. By Season 4, there will undoubtedly be another evil speedster, Wells gets another new personality, Barry and crew move the plot forward by acting stupidly, and all characters will talk about love like it's some abstract objective instead of having any actual chemistry.

Supergirl is watchable for the characters and the most superhero-y plots... even it it looks really really cheap (except that space ship scene in the last ep, which actually looked pretty good).
Gotham, despite being intentionally cheesy, is the only show that's actually written like an actual TV series instead of being a year long slog through pointless filler that inches towards a rushed finale that ties every single thing up in 1 episode before repeating the whole thing again next year.
>>
>>90875313
>Marvel fag detected
>>
>>90867452
arrow got better

supergirl is stupid sometimes, but overall better than season 1

flash is same shit and it's getting old fast (get it?)

legends is garbage and I don't know why I still watch it
>>
>>90869778
this anon is right
sorta
>>
So.... should I just watch Arrow Season 5 without watching 3 and 4?
>>
I just want the Flash to be over with. They promised next season they're gonna get over with Speedster villains. I sure fucking hope so
>>
>>90883983
>They promised next season they're gonna get over with Speedster villains.

>Season 4 villain has the power to make other people slower
>>
>>90884009
oh yeah that would be funny. Though they already sorta did that with The Turtle right? How are they even explaining new villains now? Last Season it was from Alternate Earths. Is the entire Third Season of the Flash just him fighting Savitar?
>>
>>90867452
never bothered with any of them, but I'm curious, what does CW stand for?
>>
>>90884102
"C"bs and "W"arner brothers. the channel used to be called the WB network.
>>
people say legends season 2 is good

I got pissed in the Camelot episode, especially the "captain" goodbye part
>>
>>90883965
Yeah. You could probably do with at least reading the synopsis of both series since they're a few call-backs to both in season 5.

But yeah don't waste your time sitting through 46 episodes of shit.
>>
>>90884022
I dunno I dropped the show during season 2.
>>
>>90884022
Comic Hunter Zolomon had the "time manipulation" power that made it only look like he had superspeed.

I'm willing to bet that's what they do.
>>
>>90867452
I watch LoT and Supergirl and tollerate Flash. all the fags who went back to arrow have stockholm syndrome, it is fucking terrible still. Just cause he's 'hardcore' again doesn't mean the writing has improved and the supporting cast is fucking aweful
>>
>>90871139
>No Tomorrow
I enjoyed the first couple episodes but dropped it cause it seems like it's going to rehash the same 'lets do something fun' every episode with no overarching story at all.
>>
>>90874159
season 2 really embraces the cheese factor, it's basically a comedy now instead of an action show. And that really works in it's favor
>>
>>90879905
wait....fappening has sex scenes of her?

thank you sir.
>>
>>90884995
>And that really works in it's favor
Until you get to fucking retarded scenes like Stein singing the Banana Boat song.
>>
File: C7HGDkcXgAEOMd7.jpg (61KB, 640x665px) Image search: [Google]
C7HGDkcXgAEOMd7.jpg
61KB, 640x665px
The only good answer is iZombie.

Arrow, Flash, LoT and Supergirl all tend to crawl along normally just to fill out an hour - every so often they'll do something interesting (talking gorilla! anthropomorphic shark!), and it's just enough of a hook to keep the viewers waiting on the next moment.
>>
>>90885016
I laughed, but mainly cause of Mick not knowing what the fuck was going on. I hated it at first but then started laughing as it dragged on.
>>
Arrow>Supergirl>Legends>>>>>>>>Flash
>>
>>90885071
This all of this.
>>
Legends were really good last couple of episodes. It's still damn, but the show seems to finally embrace the silliness.
Arrow is ok, not that bad, but nothing spectacular really. First episodes of S5 were better.
Flash is absolute garbage and the series at its worst right now.

Stopper watching Supergirl a while age.
>>
So...any word on whether Black Lightning will be Arrowverse or of Supergirl's earth? Kind of think Supergirl needs to fill out her world with supers a bit more and that'd be a better choice.
>>
>>90883391
>muh company wars
Fuck off, faggot.
>>
>>90874159
>>90884995
Season 2 has been a huge step down from season 1. They went from having an ongoing plot to the most formulaic main story any of these shows has come up with yet, and has mostly stopped making attempts at character development outside of the two boring new characters. They brought in good villains, but not good writers so nothing interesting has happened with them.
Season 1 was a bad show with potential, season 2 is just a terrible show.

Arrow is still much worse than its first two seasons, but standards have gotten low enough for some people to be happy with it for improving from season 4.

Flash is at its worst right now, huge waste of potential. This show hasn't had anything good since Wellsobard.

Supergirl isn't even worth considering.

iZombie and Riverdale are awful.
>>
>>90887868
>Season 1 was a bad show with potential

What potential?
Was it after they let Vandal go for the 15th time?
>>
>>90887633
Could be a third Earth
>>
>>90887868
Shit taste all around.
>>
>>90887868
There is just so much incorrect with this post it's hard to start. So like the other guy said, shit fucking taste.
>>
>>90887928
I hope not. Especially when there's these two worlds he could easily fit in.
>>
>>90883309
Gotham isn't CW, and thank god for that
>>
>>90888134
Yeah Gotham would actually be good.
>>
>>90883965
Watch 3 and 4 if you got nothing better to watch or do.
>>
>>90888763
>>90883965

I'd honestly not recommend watching s3 and 4 at all... Their tone and quality is really inconsistent with s1 2 and 5.

It honestly might make more sense if you just skipped em and assumed Laurel was hit by a bus, and now Oliver is really mad about it, because he wasn't good enough to stop the bus.
>>
File: tumblr_mas238CpFu1rr1e2wo1_1280.jpg (1MB, 1277x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mas238CpFu1rr1e2wo1_1280.jpg
1MB, 1277x1920px
>>90867452
dropped all of them
>>
>>90888763
Why do you want him to suffer?
>>
File: 1484071208750.jpg (156KB, 601x907px) Image search: [Google]
1484071208750.jpg
156KB, 601x907px
Flash is good, but is not season one. Need improvement fast. I really enjoy all the Multiverse thing.

I dropped Arrow after season three. Legends is really fun, but this second part of the season is kinda of boring.

I don't watch Supergirl. It's just not for me.
>>
Reading some of the theories on r/FlashTV makes me want to kill myself.
>>
>>90883965

>Letting them convince you to rewatch Felicity and Friends: The Show
>>
>>90888913
Season 5 is good though.
>>
>>90867549
Her clit is online for the world to see, your argument is irrelevant
>>
File: KRDR Incisor Derp.gif (1MB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
KRDR Incisor Derp.gif
1MB, 300x225px
Anyone who didn't watch this back when it was on air missed out
>>
>>90888616
>>90888134
Gotham is amazing you hacks
>>
File: CWvsFox.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
CWvsFox.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>
>>90893289
Is the difference that CBS put research points into railroad?
>>
>>90893289
Not CBS, Fox. I'm not drunk enough for this level of analysis.
>>
>>90893008
It's okay, I stopped watching after the proto joker died. After that every villain just lowered their brow when they spoke, so evil!
>>
>>90893555
>death stopping anyone in Gotham
>>
>>90890323
this season 5 started out ok because Felicity was being kept to a minimum but more and more focus is getting switched back to her now that she has a secret hacker army she hasn't told Ollie about
>>
>>90867452
Arrow's pretty great this season
>>
>>90894036
Kill yourself.
>>
The latest season of Arrow is decent, Flash season 3 is a mess, Supergirl and Legends are meh but watchable. It depends on the season at best: seasons 3 and 4 of Arrow were HORRIBLE and season 1 of Legends was boring. Supergirl season 1 only gets good when Martian Manhunter shows up. Flash season 2 was ok but they dragged the Zoom thing for too long, imo.
>>
>>90893008
No its not.
>>
Arrow season 5 has been incredibly tolerable. So yeah that
>>
>>90893289
Kino webm
>>
>>90883965
Not all of season 3 was bad. The first half was good, it only went downhill after Oliver fought Ra's. Drop all of season 4 except for the Constantine episode.
>>
So did Barry sustain any serious head injuries to explain how retarded he's been written lately? I mean drooling retard retarded.
>>
>>90897109
They need to dumb him down in order to accomodate his support crew. Killer Frost should have left by now. Original Wells should technically still be alive cause of Flashpoint. They should have held off on Wally till the next season.
>>
I caught up on Arrow. This season is actually decent. Flash is bad. And Legends is decent.

Curious, how did /co/ react to the MUH GUNS episode, and the Prometheus reveal?
>>
>>90897267
The consensus is that arrow season 5 is as good as season 2. Prometheus reveal was dope and for the most part unexpected.
>>
>>90897267
Guns episode was actually kinda good because Wild Dog is so based and I didn't see Prometheus coming
I was like whaaaaaat
>>
>>90897267
I hated most of the talk in the episode (especially Curtis) but liked the Wild Dog parts, particularly the part with his wife and how he actually had past experiences to defend what he was talking about instead of random statistics. When a show brings up stats it always feels like a bullshit way to make their side sound superior despite not having any good examples. Overall it just stuck out because the episode came out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>90887633
>Kind of think Supergirl needs to fill out her world with supers a bit more and that'd be a better choice
It really does. Usually shows slowly build up new heroes for their universe and then have events that cause a surge of heroes and villains but Supergirl started out with a ton of aliens and possibly a handful of metas but despite this her world feels so small. Superman has been active for like what, over a decade? In the intro they said when she came to Earth he was already Superman and that was 10 years ago so there should be a lot more weird things around. They just recently started having thugs with high tech weapons and villains like parasite are also pretty new, the whole show acts like everything was pretty normal outside of a few Superman-related incidents. I know this isn't the main Earth but they really need to do something to make this place more interesting other than a few alien immigrants and the people who want them deported.
>>
Where is the Supergirl Thread?
>>
Where the fuck is the Supergirl thread!?
>>
>>90898359
>>90898386
Make it, you nerds.

It takes zero effort.
>>
>>90888913
S5 is inconsistent with the tone 1 and 2 as well. Theres still too many superfriends in the Arrow cave, when in 1 and 2 it was just mostly Ollie, Diggle and a bit of Felicity. S5 is better than S4 because S4 was more about Arrow/Felicity in Team Arrow.
>>
>>90898395
Maybe I will!
>>
>>90898423
Oh I guess I won't because someone made one already!
>>
>>90896755

Feliciggers need to go and stay gone, begone to your weekly dead thread.
>>
>>90887973
>>90888019
nice arguments

>>90887899
Are you expecting me to disagree with that plot point being bad? It was bad. The show had potential to develop a more satisfying ongoing plot than the other shows thanks to its lower episode count and ability to draw fan favorite elements from each of the other shows, and to have fun worldbuilding for the DCW universe. Instead it threw away any attempts at a plot with the formulaic "find the piece of the plot item" episodes. And all it did for worldbuilding so far was completely waste the JSA.

>>90897394
>The consensus is that arrow season 5 is as good as season 2
No it isn't. People argue that it's better than seasons 3 and 4 often, but very few are saying it's on the level of season 2. Season 2 did everything better.
Thread posts: 112
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.