[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you fix him, /co/? How would you make him less bland?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

File: New_52_Tim_Drake.png (243KB, 300x481px) Image search: [Google]
New_52_Tim_Drake.png
243KB, 300x481px
How would you fix him, /co/?

How would you make him less bland?
>>
He's not bland, he's just very stern and serious.

They could make him more fun like his pre-Flashpoint self.
>>
He was fine before Flashpoint.
>>
>>90857354
I wish they would make a comic with all of the Robins, sometimes with stories featuring several of them and sometimes with stories focusing on one of them. There are so many now that it's necessary to have them playing off each other to better differentiate them.
Like Batman and Robin Eternal but not dogshit.
>>
File: ace.jpg (9KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
ace.jpg
9KB, 300x168px
>>90857354

Red Robin Agant of the Bat.

Pretty much a globe–trotter detective, every arc is about Batman giving him a new destination and a new case, every arc features some d-lister,new world characters and villians or members of Batman Inc.. Diversity isnt a gimmick but the fair description of the sttings and bad guys.
>>
>>90857876
>Damian and Dick team ups
>Jason and Tim team ups
>Damian and Tim being forced to work together

I don't get why this isn't a thing. I remember this idea being mentioned in a thread weeks ago and a lot of other anons wanted it, plus Tumblr would be all over it too since they're all Robin/Batfamfags.
>>
File: todd nauck robin.jpg (120KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
todd nauck robin.jpg
120KB, 480x640px
>>90857354
I liked Lobdell's run.
The writing and Booth's art reminded me of Young Justice, with PAD's snark and Nauck's art.
>>
>>90857354
Change his mantle so he can move on from being Robin like Dick and Jason, give him a new role that makes him useful/less redundant in the Batfamily
>>
>>90858737
Red X
>>
>>90858069
Seconding this.
>>
>>90858737
I don't get why he became Red Robin anyways, a lot of things about Red Robin is pretty openly contradictory to his character. The fucking outfit for one thing, why the fuck is it bright red? It should be a darker colour for stealth purposes and because Tim is a serious guy who's always been about that kind of shit, hell, wasn't the whole reason for initially redesigning the Robin costume when he took up the mantle another way of showing that he was taking the role of Robin very seriously and wasn't just going to be another kid jumping around in a circus costume? Wasn't it to make Robin less campy/kiddie-ish and more edgy and a legitimate peer to Batman?

but in saying all this I actually like the wings
>>
>>90857354
Make him a thirsty cock slut.
>>
>>90858946
this board sucks and you're boring
>>
File: timkon.png (407KB, 500x526px) Image search: [Google]
timkon.png
407KB, 500x526px
>>90858946
Would you make it canon, anon?

Or would that just be cutting it too fine with the likeness to Midnighter and Apollo?
>>
File: Red_Robin_(Kingdom_Come) (Dick).jpg (56KB, 237x495px) Image search: [Google]
Red_Robin_(Kingdom_Come) (Dick).jpg
56KB, 237x495px
>>90858902
Out-of universe reason was probably as a nod to Kingdom Come since Dick was Red Robin in that comic.
>>
Blue Bump, as I just looked up and confirmed something:

http://www.cbr.com/comic-book-legends-revealed-283/

>Ted particularly seemed to have strong interactions with Robin (Tim Drake).

>As it turns out, that was all quite intentional as Dixon originally planned for a storyline where Tim Drake would actually take OVER as Blue Beetle!!!

>The idea was that, for whatever reason, Tim would quit as Robin (this would all be in the issues leading up to 2002’s Robin #100) and become the new Blue Beetle under Ted Kord’s guidance. This would involve a six-issue Blue Beetle mini-series starring Tim and Ted, and after it was all over, some crisis or another would drag Tim back to being Robin. Having someone become the new Blue Beetle, though, would inspire Ted to basically franchise out the name to other heroes, who he would then coordinate. This would be in a new ongoing title (presumably also by Dixon).

Just something worth mentioning.
>>
>>90857354
DC gives him the respect he deserves.
>>
>>90859406
it would be cool to see him partner with another hero.
>>
File: 1481172440010.jpg (369KB, 800x729px) Image search: [Google]
1481172440010.jpg
369KB, 800x729px
Step one, give him his cowl back.
Step two, don't screw with his relationship with Stephanie.
Step three, he's supposed to be as good of a detective as Batman, let him edge out Bruce occasionally, if just by luck. Or at least the other guys that call themselves the "World's Greatest Detective" like Elongated Man or Detective Chimp.
>>
>>90858994
Giving him girlfriends was always a fool's errand.
>>
>>90857354
I kind of liked it when he was just the most well-adjusted and normal person in the family. Sure, it doesn't make him particularly interesting but it let him be a good foil, the straight-man in the world of crazy, an anchor for the others. Also, get him out of that hideous suit and a better name if he's not going to be "just" Robin.
>>
File: 5179792-7528555867-20724.png (349KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
5179792-7528555867-20724.png
349KB, 500x371px
give him this outfit
>>
>>90861130
That's just red Nightwing with a cape
>>
File: gotham loves tim.jpg (106KB, 691x432px) Image search: [Google]
gotham loves tim.jpg
106KB, 691x432px
remember how Gotham city wants to fuck Tim Drake?
>>
>>90861162
it works and the mask is different
>>
File: Crimson Avenger and Cain.jpg (125KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Avenger and Cain.jpg
125KB, 600x900px
>>90857354
I would take him and Cassandra and make them a Green Hornet and Kato style duo. Maybe pick up the Crimson Avenger and Wing legacy. He's the detective, she's the muscle, together they fight crime.
>>
>>90858069

I would like this too
>>
>>90857354
kill him.
>>
>>90857354
I wouldn't.
Honestly, I would write Tim, Kate, Cass, Luke, and Steph out of the books till someone had something meaningful to say with them. Right now they're just there to be there and it's completely unnecessary. Detective Comics is being wasted on an extended batfam containment book for this why?
>>
>>90862738
I assume you'd write Batman out as well, because nobody's said anything meaningful with him in decades.
>>
>>90862816
>Morrison was only 6 years ago.
>>
>>90862922
And?
>>
>>90862816
Not him, but I'd have Dickbats as long as editorial let me.
>>
>>90857354
I'd make him stop with the generic superheroing and make him a "corporate" superhero. He'd stick to handling cases of corporate espionage taking down corrupt CEO's and fighting Ra Ra's al Ghul's agents and cleaning up the world's corporations.
>>
>>90862816
Why say this like it's a bad idea?
>>
>>90863127
Because this isn't a "how do we turn comic sales into One Piece" thread.
>>
>>90863238
Damifag nobody in this thread has mentioned Damian yet, at least wait a little
>>
>>90857354
He was best when he was a real boy with friends and a dad who wasn't Bruce. Failing that send him to college.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.