[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/doag/ - Dumbing of Age - G.I. Joe Enthusiasts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 506
Thread images: 62

File: come.png (389KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
come.png
389KB, 1000x333px
In yesterday's geriatric drama, Grandpa Clark looked like he's getting ready to beat his red-headed grandchild.

More than likely Ruth will end up punching him though. C'mon. Lets be honest.
>>
File: unused_strips.png (80KB, 540x512px) Image search: [Google]
unused_strips.png
80KB, 540x512px
Willis posted some unused strip sketches today as well. Not as drastic of a change as the Ruth intervention strips, but kinda interesting.
>>
File: 10956766500774462049.png (409KB, 1000x671px) Image search: [Google]
10956766500774462049.png
409KB, 1000x671px
>>90837870
>>
>>90837630
>Billy moved to a different dorm
That is the most minor impediment to their "love" that I could possibly imagine.
>>
>>90838271
It's not supposed to be an impediment. Like that chick with the gross hair said, it's conflict of interest.
You can fuck whoever, but you can't fuck someone who lives on your floor as an RA.
>>
>>90840131
That's a rule? An RA can't pursue a romantic relationship?
>>
>>90841143
Not with someone in their wing/jurisdiction, no.
If you're dating/fucking someone 2 floors down it's all good.
But you are the authority on your floor, you're not allowed to sleep with the people on it.

Or at least, that's how it was at my uni.
>>
>>90840131
The actual problem is that apparently Sir Clint has enough clout to break from standard logic in favor of keeping his granddaughter an RA in one specific dorm and push out her girlfriend.

I just realized how they could have just kept Ruth around as an RA, but just swap with the RA from a separate dorm building. Then you wouldn't have to kick Billie out to separate the two.

>>90841143
Not if they're in the same dorm.
>>
>>90841143
Not if it involves people you control.
If billie or ruth move, they can keep fucking each other and nobody would care.
Except that the evil clint will put an end to it.
>>
>>90841363
I don't think that's what it is, I just think Willis didn't realize that's what would happen if an RA started dating someone on their floor.
University can't force a student to switch rooms. It's not against the rules for Billie to diddle Ruth, only vice versa.
>>
>tfw very little strips with mute dyke
>tfw so many strips with loudmouth dyke
Why can't wilkinson do ANYTHING right except getting ass-barfy?
>>
>>90841590
A relationship is mutual, Ruth is forbidden to do it.
What you're saying would make sense of billie was only hitting on ruth.
You are correct about not being able to force a student out. But given the powers involved, if willis was a decent writer, they would expel billie for alcohol consumption in the dorm.
>>
>>90842136
Oh, I know the relationship is forbidden, I was just pointing out that Billie wouldn't be getting punished for it.
Billie didn't TECHNICALLY do anything wrong in terms of the relationship.

And, I dunno man. Nobody cares about consumption in the dorms in my experience.
>>
>>90842321
Oh, sorry I misunderstood.
>>
Where is Patranon with the goods?! REEEEE!
>>
Can someone explain how DoAs moderation works, and what happened to Sageress? 'cause all their comments have disappeared.
>>
>>90842754
He said that he would try to remember, bu maybe he's outside having fun .
>>
>>90842961
what happened is they said something stupid, so presumably willis banned them.

comments go through automatically unless youre a first time poster or willis has marked you as needing approval.
>>
>>90842961
First time an email address posts, willis personally chooses if you're worthy or not and approves/rejects your comment. If it is approved, next comments from that address will be approved automatically.
This privilege can be revoked at any time.
>>
Patreanon is kill. Again.

No surprise. This is, what, our fifth Patreanon?
>>
>>90843153
seriously? what a baby.
>>
>>90844479
thats a pretty standard way to run a comment section
>>
Meanwhile, Willis posted a new model "sheet" for Carla. Looks like she's getting new skates and a new skirt.

>>90844479
It's funny because according to his Tumblr, Willis is on the JoCoCruise right now.
So he's on the job while off the job. That takes a sort of dedication that nobody takes seriously.
>>
>>90844404
The hunger of Cerberus cannot be sated.
>>
>>90844569
That's pretty good compared to some of his model "sheets." Though I'm pretty sure he measured proportions from the skates instead of the feet.
>>
>>90844569
>skirt is longer to hide her obvious massive feminine penis
>bigger boobs

I can agree with this.
>>
>>90837917
Why does Chloe keep hesitating before 'disciplined'. Was the former RA taken out back and shot?
Roz is still a bitch, but I do like that joke in the first one.
>>
File: Boom man.png (386KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
Boom man.png
386KB, 1000x333px
I was never here.
>>
>>90845609
>Grrr I'M FUCKING EVIL!

Surprise surprise, Willis is never subtle.
>>
>>90845609
oh boy it's starting
>>
>>90845609
Well.... now I wanna know more about Ruth's father.
>>
>>90845609
And there we go. This is Willis cementing Sir Clint as irredeemable in less than twelve seconds.

I guess what we're supposed to get here is that Sir Clint is Ruth's maternal grandfather and always hated his son-in-law/Ruth's father to the point that he lashes out at his granddaughter for reminding him of him. I feel like there are far more subtle ways of expressing this other than a villainous tirade.

I almost expect Billie to get bitchslapped in the next strip.

Also,
>I have given you everything. A home. An education. This job.
I feel like Willis has used this line before.

Also, I think Sir Clint's forehead grew three sizes just now.

Also, the password is "wretched".
>>
>>90845834
I know, right?
I think we had the same feelings about Becky's mother when we learned that she attempted/committed suicide. Or it might be something else. But Willis sets up stories that would be interesting to follow, yet never actually follows through with them in the end.
>>
>>90845609

You know, he had a great chance to subvert everyone's expectations and introduce legitimate drama and compelling tension, and he blew it, again. Is he ever going to find an actual original story to tell?
>>
>>90845609
Hey, maybe there's more to grandpa! Maybe Willis will show an inner struggle as he tries to reconcile his hate of his daughter-in-law with the love of his son, and eventually show grandpa making peace with himself.
It's not like grandpa will be a one-dimensional hate sack; Willis MUST have gotten better by now.
>>
>>90845866
It's like fucking whiplash. He gives us no build up to anything. Like, he's all normal one second then he does this the moment he's alone with her?
>>
>>90845609
That escalated quickly.
>>
>>90845609
Oh my god, panel 4 Ruth is coming down with a serious case of Becky-ism.
>>
>>90838271
You say that, but at the rate Ruth leaves her room, the romance will be dead in two days.
>>
>>90845966
Because he's been on auto-pilot since 2011 and he's literally just rehashing the same plot over and over for each book he releases.
It goes,
>Funny jokes at the beginning
>Reference the conflict from the previous book, but have a positive tone about it like things are looking up for the characters involved.
>New minor conflict arises, like Walky and Math class or Mike fucking Ethan.
>Characters from last conflict finally look like their lives are turning around.
>NOPE. Introduce new character, establish that they were the villain of this book in three or four strips, and set up the new main conflict even though it could be easily solved if anyone bothered to use their head.
>More forced conflict
>Awkward cuts to comedy or the minor conflict that was mentioned earlier.
>Willis gets impatient, rushes the conflict's resolution.
>The status quo has not changed at all.
>Rinse and repeat.
>>
>>90845609
>Puts his daughter on a pedestal
>Hates his son-in-law with a passion
>Thinks the faults of his granddaughter falls on her dad's side solely

I think genetics are a bit more complicated then that Clint....
>>
>>90846104
It's gonna get to the point where her eyes reach the top of her forehead and starts to resemble some alien like creature
>>
>>90845770
>>90845866
Clint's a goddamn saint when compared to Ruth. This has the same issue as her appearance in the Mary/Carla conflict; she spent years being a complete fucking monster of a human being. Are we really expected to feel bad for her because her grandpa is a jackass who can't let things go?
>>
>>90845609
I expected shit and I was not let down.
In fact, this is much like Shitmas, like when my dad used to beat me with s sapling covered with human feces while humming feshitive tunes.

Aaah Willis, what a masterpiece.
>>
>>90845609
>panel 4
>you can't hurt me, jack
And surprise surprise, it's another "fuck religious parents" strip.
>>
>>90845966
Hey this is a TOTALLY different scenario than the Amber's dad plot and the Toedad plot. THIS older white conservative controlling almost-assuredly-one-dimensionally-wicked patriarchal figure isn't homophobic (that we know of yet) or physically abusive (though the amount he grabs Ruth is kinda bordering on it) he's just insensitive to mental illness and appears to lack basic empathy due to still being resentful of his beloved daughter going outside of his control and marrying someone he didn't approve of, and then getting killed in a way that was outside his control as well, so he overcompensates by controlling the next available stand-in for his daughter.

Also instead of being her dad he's her grandpa.
>>
>>90845609
>Billie's first instinct is to punch an old man

You know..... I really don't know what to say. Like this is how rational humans act?
>>
>>90846775
To seeing your girlfriend getting manhandled by some guy twice her size in both height and width?
>>
>>90846775
When he's grabbing your terrified-looking mentally ill girlfriend and talking to her in what's probably a low, dark Disney-villain monologue growl? It's a little understandable.

Also
>Billie
>rational human

Also
>Willis character
>rational human
>>
>>90845609
>Next Strip
>Billie goes on some long winded speech about how Ruth is a good gurl he dun nutin wrong
>Clint: "Shut up bitch."
>Uses his mind control to have Chloe hand her her eviction notice.
>Ruth then grabs his cane and bashes his head with it
>No one gives a shit cause "He's EVIL!"
>>
>>90845932
>Becky's mother when we learned that she attempted/committed suicide.

But didn't he kinda cover that when they broke into her house? With the ghost projection stuff?
>>
>>90847045
>turns out the evil was in the cane all along
>ends with a close up of Ruth smiling down on Billie, saying that she has, "such big plans" for her
>>
>>90847335
>the rest of the arc is Joyce frantically attempting to lead the others in a demon exorcism of Sir Clint's cane, but it's complicated by the fact that all of her friends have instinctively learned to distrust the oldest, whitest man in the room and can't see the cane's evil for what it is

>and Dorothy and Walky miss the whole thing because they're studying
>>
>>90847750
>"studying"
>>
>>90845609
it's about as bad as I imagined

how long until we have a car chase and Joyce knocks out somebody 3 times her size with her first ever punch
>>
>>90848364
It'll be her second-ever punch.
>>
File: 1445039510264.png (87KB, 321x308px)
1445039510264.png
87KB, 321x308px
>>90845609
This is how Davis draws a character getting verbally abused by someone they're absolutely terrified of

: (
>>
>>90848720
Naa, looks more like:

: (
>>
>>90848449
She punched Joe a whole bunch around the time of their date.

>>90848720
>>90848888
:(((((((
>>
File: 1467569273832.png (57KB, 150x154px)
1467569273832.png
57KB, 150x154px
>>90848888
>this schmuck has bee drawing comics for nearly 20 years
>>
File: willis eyes.png (103KB, 422x321px) Image search: [Google]
willis eyes.png
103KB, 422x321px
>>90845609
his eyes just weird me out
>>
>>90845450
She's afraid of sounding like ~the bad guy.~ RMs often try to sound like they're all buddy-buddy-on-the-same-level with the RAs, so using words like "disciplined," "reprimanded," and "rebuked" sound like scary ~adult~ words.
>>
>>90845609
>Cliff gave Ruth anything she could have ever wanted after her parents died
>Says she doesn't deserve any of it
>Cliffs the bad guy for being upset she squanders what he gives her

Idk, doesn't he have some reason to be a little upset?
>>
>>90849972
His daughter is a depressed alcoholic whose parents died in a car accident. He deals with this by using his money and influence to get her a job where socializing and ensuring the safety of others is part of her daily routine. This job has no significant prestige attached to it yet Clint is hellbent on her keeping it even after she spent three nights on suicide watch.

He is insane. Chloe is insane. Every adult in this comic is insane.
>>
>>90845609
Man, he didn't even close the door, Chloe can presumably still hear all this shit.
>>
File: 7epECPv5.png (18KB, 92x174px)
7epECPv5.png
18KB, 92x174px
>>90845609
Why did i expect anything else.
>>
Aww, I was hoping to see Cerberus freakout by now.
>>
>>90842961
Someone claiming to be Sageress posted on /co/

Willis doesn't admit it but I'm pretty sure he browses /co/

So he probably saw the post and banned them
>>
File: no problem there.png (480KB, 613x1000px)
no problem there.png
480KB, 613x1000px
>>90845182
>hiding the dick (female)
>good

I want that dong flopping out in the open
>>
>>90846489
>can't let things go

From what he says her father was as shit as she is, her grandpa is in the right

>>90846775
>>90845609
>decide to intervene by punching angry grandpa
>but give him a kittypunch because you're afraid of actually hurting him

I realize it's supposed to be a joke but Billie just comes off as a fucking retard here
>>
>>90846104
Maybe "where's becky" will be replaced with "where's ruth"?
>>
>>90846204
Alcoholism is often considered to be genetic

Bam, Ruth's dad was a drunk
>>
File: IMG_0543.png (222KB, 1334x750px)
IMG_0543.png
222KB, 1334x750px
>>90851719
Well that sucks. I doubt it matters though, there's always going to be at least one person who's tired of williss shit.
>>
File: charlie-toomeasy[1].gif (30KB, 126x110px) Image search: [Google]
charlie-toomeasy[1].gif
30KB, 126x110px
>>90845609

>>90775478
>Also, there's a possibility his name isn't Lessick. Ruth's dad could be the maple syrup swilling limp-wristed lothario who stole his his baby girl and took her to that godless frozen pinko wasteland to the north to die. Honestly, I did always assume he was American.
Well it looks like that checks out.

Aaaand
>>90764981
>Sir will approach Ruth in private and put his hands on her while telling her to shape up.

Too easy, Willis you fuck.

Kinda interesting he transferred over the father's unfaithfulness to this universe, though. It makes him genuinely detestable. Of course that shouldn't transfer over to his regard for her, but you could see wanting to be a little more strict because of it.

However, Ruth's dad being alcoholic was never brought up, the other driver was drunk. So I guess he was just depressed and too into ladies.
>>
>>90845609

I echo everyone else's disappointment and go to bed
>>
Hey guys, remember when the main character of this comic was a likeable, sweet, moral Christian girl who could potentially develop in any number of interesting ways?
'Cause I'm having trouble.
>>
>>90852902
>Remember when
No
Whenever we are asked to remember something in DOA it means it happened, at minimum, 6 years ago
>>
>>90845609
I find it kinda weird that Clint recognizes "mental problems" as a thing, but also blames Ruth and her Father for being too weak to manage them. I guess it's a slight distinction, but why not just make him a complete unbeliever in that stuff. Just call her "weak," "lacking morals/responsibility" or something like that, so it seems like a personal failing.

Like Cerb said (I can't believe I'm going here) but for the war Clint was involved in (probably Vietnam) with, he'd definitely have some idea of people he respects dealing with mental issues and how tough it can be. It feels more like he'd dismiss Ruth's depression as being fake since it wasn't caused by real trauma like his squad mates went through.

>>90852743
>Or you coild[sic] look to see if the parental figure does something an asshole would do. Has everyone forgotten about the phone call Ruth got way back when?
First off, we only got her reaction, and the general idea that Sir was disappointed in her. Second, I still think it's more interesting if the parent/guardian is deficient in specific respects/situations.

Take, for example, the idea that he comes down hard on Ruth. Here, instead of instantly grabbing her and calling her the spitting image of the asshole who "killed" his daughter, he could've at least asked how she was. Said how worried he was that he lost her. He does say he sees little of his daughter, but he definitely sees some, there would be concern. But then when Ruth tried to get out of her responsibilities by citing her issues, Clint could've ramped up to a strong reaction, because that specific aspect is where he is deficient.

Then we can still see that for someone dealing with depression and self-hate, Clint is not great at being a guardian, because he reinforces that while putting her out there, which stresses her out and causes her to look for crutches like alcohol and Bullie.
>>
>>90846155
Don't forget
>The entire storyline (about 150 strips) takes place over a period of 4 days.
>>
File: GodIsANiceGuy.png (25KB, 390x366px) Image search: [Google]
GodIsANiceGuy.png
25KB, 390x366px
>>90845609
>I have given you *everything.* A home. An education. *This job.*
>Don't you *ever* throw that away aga[in]

So Clint is nice guy god.

I'm not religious, but Willis' simplistic outlook on this stuff feels incredibly dumb. I get not believing in heaven, hell, souls, sin, etc. But positing that "well even if God gives you eternal life, there's no reason for him to be such a controlling Dad / Nice Guy trope about it" is so fucking stupid (and reductive).
>>
Silly Willis.
Grandpa did nothing wrong.
Well, other than sending her to university, of course. Girls have no agency, so they don't need education. What they need is to get married and start making babies.
>>
>>90853371
>So Clint is nice guy god.
Providing for a child is like, the bare minimum that is expected of a guardian.

I mean he's clearly abusive. You don't excuse that just because he does what he's supposed to do at the same time.
>>
File: Nanomachines.jpg (6KB, 245x205px) Image search: [Google]
Nanomachines.jpg
6KB, 245x205px
>>90845609
Yeah, Grandpa has abandoned all subtlety in this strip and will soon be fighting Billy and Ruth with his shirt off while he talks about college football.
>>
>>90854510
man I wish Willis had the balls to depict direct physical violence on women if he's going to make strawman villains. Just Grandpa gut punching Billie so hard she collapses on the floor gasping to give Ruth some motivation to stop being letting him steamroll over her life.
>>
File: badknee.png (332KB, 1000x333px)
badknee.png
332KB, 1000x333px
>>
File: 1451572817140.png (33KB, 250x175px)
1451572817140.png
33KB, 250x175px
>>90854510
As long as someone gets called batshit insane, it'll all be worth it.
>>
File: Raiden.jpg (641KB, 1920x1080px)
Raiden.jpg
641KB, 1920x1080px
>>90854584
I could do with more Metal Gear characters in my webcomics, besides Awkward Zombie which has tons.
>>
>>90854428
>Providing for a child is like, the bare minimum that is expected of a guardian.
So, we agree that she has no agency, and a male authority figure ought to make sure she won't screw herself up again?
Good, good.
>>
File: 1447602065854.png (373KB, 861x889px) Image search: [Google]
1447602065854.png
373KB, 861x889px
>>90854600
Remember hiimdaisy?
Remember when a group that did dubs of the hiimdaisy MGS comics decided to crowdfund money to make an unauthorised continuation?
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2063311638/lets-destroy-the-patriots
>>
>>90854428
I'm not excusing anything. I was just pointing out parallels of examining god as a needy figure who does stuff for you *only* to hold it over you and Clint.
>>
>>90846489
No, we're expected to feel bad for Ruth because somebody said mean things to her face.
>>
>>90847258
Perhaps, but we never actually learned WHY she did it. All we saw was Yung Becky rushing into the bedroom to find her with a bottle of pills.
>>
>>90854650
It's no different than buying a doushinji
>>
>>90854902
You don't create a crowdfunding campaign to make a doushinji.
>>
File: 1448194825337.jpg (51KB, 670x472px)
1448194825337.jpg
51KB, 670x472px
>>90854650
>This is a nonprofit project
>First $1500 goes towards buying a new drawing tablet
>>
>>90854992
>>90854982
you don't make a profit if you keep buying shit for yourself
>>
>>90855005
What a convenient loophole.
>>
>>90851812
I meant it like "it has a long skirt to hide penis because she did not get surgery"
A short skirt and no penis shown would make me sad.
>>
>>90850702
No one knows she's an alcoholic since she and Billie hid all evidence of their boozing. Plus right up until this arc Ruth was shown to enjoy the power and control being a RA provided.

>>90854428
It's more that even being an abusive asshole there is room, even more so than Toedad, to have a complex and well-rounded antagonist in Clint. Aside from the fact his behavior is far more in line with a college SoL series as opposed to Blaine's kidnapping or Ross' kidnapping, in his brief appearance he's shown a lot of potential history and personality that could be explored but we all know it's not going to happen in favor of "Don't worry, he's evil."

Twenty bucks says Clint kidnaps someone at some point.
>>
>>90846104
This is also another case of the Strong Independent Lady shattering like crystal the second she's triggered or in a situation where she doesn't have a witty or violent response.
>>
>>90845609

Once again, no subtlety, an exaggerated, crazed, entirely unrealistic parental figure (who talks like nobody on earth does, like a comic villain), and a shitty little joke to lighten tension so his overly-fragile fans won't slit their wrists.

You're not doing anybody any favors, Willy. This isn't how the world works. If you had fucking stones or any amount of artistic integrity you'd show the grays in what you portray as a black-and-white world. But you won't, and the only two explanations I can figure for why you won't is because you actually ARE stupid enough to think this is how the world works, or you know you'd lose the support of some sycophantic, overly-obsessed headcases who are crazed enough to think these inane caricatures are realistic and get their petty catharsis watching them flail helplessly in this perfect world where the laws of physics themselves conform to the happiness of queer girls and transexuals and so forth.

Which would boil down to "I need to exploit the mentally-vulnerable so I can get dosh for my new Transformer varient", which would actually make me respect you a bit more because it means you aren't a retard, just a businessman.
>>
>>90855999
>No one knows she's an alcoholic since she and Billie hid all evidence of their boozing.
Actually, somehow Chloe knows. Willis never showed how she found out, even though it's probably really important if someone told her directly. Maybe a doctor detected it and told her? Who knows, we'll never find out.
>>
File: RuthChloeWardVisit.png (1MB, 1000x999px) Image search: [Google]
RuthChloeWardVisit.png
1MB, 1000x999px
>>90856372
>>90855999
Forgot image. Middle strip shows she knows.
>>
>>90856419
Ah the classic pudding head style
It really took Willis too long to 'fix' that
>>
>>90856419
The only options for her finding out are Ruth herself, Billie, or a HIPPA violation.

>>90856210
Clint is realistic, which makes him being a shallow character the more frustrating.
>>
>>90849972
I think he's entirely in the right, though the whole "YOUR FATHER--" is just moustache-twirling villainy. I don't think Willis is capable of understanding how adults think or act. Ever.

Picture this: he just heard from the Residence Manager EVERYthing, including likely the complaints from the wing residents. He smoothed things over, certainly, but hearing someone was being petty and violent for no particular reason while ALSO breaking one of the few cardinal rules of the position? Potentially reducing the scholarship money you helped claw for her? All the while boozing it up with a cheerleader who racked up a DUI by 18?

If my granddaughter were fucking up this badly, I'd probably pull her out of school or at least put her on medical suspension and re-apply in a semester or two. If I really cared about her getting her fucking act together, I'd hire a life coach and put her on a part-time position while she goes through therapy.

Clint's trying much the same, but largely through putting the fear of God in her directly.

But nope, Willis has to write the VALIANT CO-DEPENDENT ALCOHOLISM-ENABLING GIRLFRIEND to TOTALLY THUNDERPUNCH A GUY BUT NOT REALLY BECAUSE HAHA CRINGE IS THE NEW FUNNY AM I RIGHT MY FELLOW GAMERS?
>>
>>90857027
Clint's a villain because he went out of his way to keep Ruth a RA despite clear evidence that she's a violent, self-destructive psychopath. She is his vengeance, his terrible, swift sword, set upon the world that took his beloved daughter from him. Everyone will pay. Blood will flow.
>>
>>90855999
>>90856372
There's almost no way people don't know about her alcoholism. Hell, now the RM is embroiled in it. What if Mary goes to the President or Board of Regents with evidence a violent alcoholic is being put in charge of a bunch of fresh-faced Freshman, then reinstated after her family pulled strings?

Willis does not understand how efficient whisper campaigns can be. Then again, I don't expect Asperchu to do anything but shit his pants in another seizure.
>>
>>90857234
>Willis does not understand how efficient whisper campaigns can be.

Sure he does, Billie's got the entire floor believing that Mary drove Ruth to suicide and has their complacency, if not outright approval, to abuse Mary as she sees fit.
>>
>>90857372
So, like most Willis writing, it's only brutally efficient when the GOOD GUYS WHO ARE GOOD AND ALSO LESBIAN do it, but utterly feeble when THE BAD PEOPLE WHO ARE BAD AND ALSO CHRISTIAN do.

God fucking damn, I cannot believe this man makes 5k per month.
>>
>>90854565
wow i didn't know trump had a redheaded lesbian daughter
>>
>>90854602
How did you get any of that from that comment? Are you autistic?
>>
>>90857027
>TOTALLY THUNDERPUNCH A GUY BUT NOT REALLY
I feel like part of this is to make it seem like Billie has punch ethics. But it seems weirder to me that she'd refuse to punch someone who is physically intimidating Ruth, but has no problem with punching a girl for talking shit.

And then she does the weird joke instead of telling him to get his damn hands off of her.
>>
>>90857234
Mary and Billie both should have not only complained to campus, there is zero reason why they wouldn't get their parents involved. It makes you wonder exactly how Clint is pulling all this off considering the university is open to a fuckton of lawsuits stemming from Ruth's behavior.
>>
>>90857847
My only thought is that Clint is fairly wealthy, so he's able to pull strings. Ruth wasn't concerned about losing her job just because it'd disappoint Clint, but because it would have been a source of scholarship money if she had the temerity to disown Clint.

Then again, she REALLY should have thought to not become an alcoholic wreck if she wanted to keep her job.

I'm mystified how everyone's the problem but Ruth here.
>>
>>90857027
>>90857234
Reminder that Indiana University is supposed to be a dry campus.

>>90857621
Well, you see, punching Mary is EASY! She's Small. And Weak. She has no power, not even friends in the residence. Mary can be beaten with no ramifications whatsoever. The Penisslap wasn't reported, why would the punch be? Yes, taking your aggressions out on a lonely isolated girl is easy.

Punching a senior citizen with enough pull to keep a suicidal alcoholic in charge of a floor full of teenagers? That's harder. He's got money. Connections. Possibly cane fighting training. She doesn't know him, and can probably get in trouble fighting him.

Much better to hold on to her serious punches for when they aim down.
>>
>>90857920
>Much better to hold on to her serious punches for when they aim down.

Billie doesn't understand proportional force. At all. Because she's yet another Willis stand-in, she POWER PUNCHES everyone, but in the meta Willis KNEW how bad it would seem for her to punch a crippled veteran. It'd be "She was just trying to study" all over again.

She was only nerfed because Willis is spineless. He's also inconsistent; Billie has been established to have no appreciation for choosing her battles.
>>
>>90857892
I don't think you understand just how much money we're talking. Getting your kid a RA position by slipping the right amount of money to the right people is one thing. Your kid staying RA by having administration ignoring complaints is a big risk. This isn't just Ruth doing a poor job, she's committed several illegal acts including battery and sexual assault.

Realistically Clint can't be wealthy enough to bribe the school as it's been stated that if Ruth loses her RA position she won't be able to remain at IU. That would indicate that she's unable to afford housing or is using her stipend to cover part of her tuition. If her granddad is covering everything then he could simply have Ruth switched to another on-campus job. Lord knows there are probably better ones to slap down on an internship application than RA.
>>
>>90857920
Oh my God, what if he gets into a fight with someone and he uses his cane like the Penguin or something? Willis wouldn't do that, would he?
>>
>>90858131
It's baffling that Chloe would even let this go, she must know that if anyone were to leak that this has happened her job would be fucked.

>Higher up: So Ruth is physically abusive and threatening, an alcoholic, and suicidal and depressed under pressure of responsibility. And she was in an enabling relationship with a known alcoholic student under her charge. And when this was revealed... you kept her on the staff?
>Chloe: That's about it.
>Muckamuck: Because her abusive grandfather vouched for her and wanted her to keep the position, despite her protests? And you sprung his appearance on Ruth rather than letting her know in advance and talk to you about it in private?
>Dumb idiot who smells strongly of cocoa: Yes
>Boss: You're so fucking fired Chloe.
>>
>>90845609
>>90845834
Ruth has too much of her father in her.
That's what Clint is afraid of.
>>
>>90837870
>the suspense of "Dorothy or Roz for RA"
Jesus Christ he's really going ahead with this shit? It goes against all common sense, but then again we've just seen that Chloe lacks any common sense.
>>
>>90858982
Well it's more or less now I have an interest in some backstory to her parents.
>>
>>90848720
>>90848888
>>90848943
: ⊂
>>
>>90859261
I thought he was saying that was a scrapped story idea?
>>
>>90859465
He said that those preliminary strips ruined that suspense which has been conserved in his current version of the strip.
>>
>>90859465
I took it as him saying he scrapped Chloe showing signs of being sensible, because she needs to be an absolute moron to let Roz or Dorothy become RA.
>>
>>90859590
Roz I can see, but Dorothy? Why would she be bad? Other then her being a freshman.
>>
>>90858982
Wow I wish I was her father so I could have too much of myself in her too
>>
>>90859623
Her lust for Walky cock would get in the way of her doing a good job.
>>
File: beckyismysister.png (164KB, 444x750px) Image search: [Google]
beckyismysister.png
164KB, 444x750px
>>90858982
>Ruth.
>Clint never told you what happened to your father.
>>
>>90845609
Now you gotta wonder how he treats Howie, cause he doesn't seem to be fearful of him Unless his influence is the one that made him fucking autistic with the GoT "catchphrase"
>>
>>90859772
This reminds me that both Clint and Ross both lost an extremely important woman in their life and then took it out on another, under the stated purpose of trying to help them.

Seems weird that they're both "villains" when they're probably just shitty at coping with trauma. And then you have Amazi-Girl who is presented heroically when the same is true.
>>
>>90845609
What kind of Batman Villain talks like this?

"YOU WILL RUE THE DAY YOU CRAWLED OUT OF MY DAUGHTER'S SNATCH YOU RETCHED PILE OF HUMAN DEGENERACY."
>>
>>90861302
There's no proof that Clint, Ross and Mr. O'Malley aren't all the same guy.
If anything it's making Ms. Brown seem like a breath of fresh air. She's religious as fuck but at least she's not a huge buff angry white guy who speaks like he just got done strapping a woman to the train tracks.
>>
>>90862383
He has to talk like that because if he was even just a little less moustache-twirling and more reasonable he'd have a perfectly good point. Ruth is a self-pitying, spiteful, abusive cunt who doesn't realize how good she has it and could probably have a pretty decent life if she just had a more positive outlook.
>>
>>90862669
That's one of those things that people with depression are well aware of. Depression's not really rational. You can't be like "wait, shit I've got it MADE. I'M NOT SAD ANYMORE". If you could just stop being sad by considering how good you have practically no one would have it. If anything it just makes you more depressed because it just reinforces the fact that you CAN'T seem to be happy, something that comes naturally to everyone else. Your inability to just stop being depressed frustrates you and you end up even more depressed.
>>
>>90844569
Looks like she's wearing Fisher Price skates
>>
File: MaryHearsASkff.gif (46KB, 521x333px) Image search: [Google]
MaryHearsASkff.gif
46KB, 521x333px
>>90844569
I WANNA SEE CARLA SKFF
>>
>>90858835
>You can't fire me!
>And why the hell not?
>I'm female AND of a non-white skin color!
>That's okay. We'll just give the new Alex your position.
>But she's white!
>She's trans. That's equal to being non-white and non-male. I want you out of here by noon tomorrow.
>>
>>90863077
I get depression, but I think I'd feel more sympathy for her if she admitted she needed help with her problems and stopped taking them out on everyone else and wallowing in self-pity.

But then Willis is anti-psychiatry isn't he? So I guess that won't be happening.
>>
What has Billie done wrong besides being in a relationship with Ruth, being an alcoholic and punching a strawman (Mary)?
>>
>>90866110
Well has she actually done anything of note aside from those things?

Honestly her relationship with Ruth is really shit. It's classic co-dependency, they only reinforce and enable each other's shitty attitudes and behaviour. I don't know why anyone would think that relationship is good for either of them or root for them as a couple.
>>
>>90861302

>This reminds me that both Clint and Ross both lost an extremely important woman in their life and then took it out on another, under the stated purpose of trying to help them.

I feel like this being a reoccuring theme says something about Willis. I don't know enough to make a solid guess, but I'm sure some e-detective would find something juicy if they looked hard enough.
>>
>>90858835
Pudding Head has proven time and again that she is also terrible at her job. Ruth was her best RA, after all.
>>
>>90858131
It could be less about money and more Clint has power in places that make people want to do favors for him.
>>
>>90867147
Clint: Agent of the Patriarchy
>>
>>90856419
You just can't get over how terrible that pudding on head look is...
>>
>>90854565
>That look on Ruth's face on panel 5

That's too good.
>>
>>90845609
So will Billie save the day? Or will she be banished outta this story? Not like she's got much going on...
>>
>>90844569
Muh dik
>>
>>90859445
Whoa, how u do dat
>>
>>90871658
Clint will be reminded of a vietnamese lady he knocked up and left, and become attracted to Billie. Love triangle.

There, I've saved this arc.
>>
>>90872200
God, I wish. But then, I wish a lot of things about this comic. I wish that, just once, /doag/ was right about the characters and not willis' comment section. An arc about how ruth gets her fucked-up ideas from growing up with a vet who honestly means well, but who's ideas are about 50 years out of date and not applicable during peacetime would be so much more interesting than the third (fourth?) arc about controlling paternal villainy. especially since its followed the exact same formula each time.
>>
>>90872200
>Arch ends with a Clint/Billie/Ruth threesome while Howie watches Game of Thrones in the corner.
>>
>>90872365
Oh that would be good. You could totally see Ruth's physical intimidation being something she learned from her drill sergeant-esque grandpa.

>Sir: Ruth, lets see how you command the troops
>Ruth: Er, well, it's like this.
>Grabs nearby Dina.
>Ruth: Saruyama, group meeting tonight! Let everyone know or your femurs are forfeit!
>Dina looks at Ruth, looks at Clint, sees that Ruth clearly wants her to react in a scared fashion
>Dina: Y-yes Ruthle- I mean, Yes, ma'am!
>Ruth: Now get out of here, and no running!
>Dina scurries off
>Clint (filled with a sense of pride, wiping tear from his eye) (aside): She really loves these kids...
>Clint (to Ruth): Good work, now to the mess hall, grandpa needs his pudding fix.
>>
>>90872365
>the third (fourth?) arc about controlling paternal villainy
Let's count. Off the bat we have Sir Clint, we have Blaine McBland, and we have the infamous Toedad. That's three out of the gate.

We might also consider Joyce's relationship with her mother to be complicated as well, and in the same vein we know that Sal's relationship with her parents are also strained. I believe Billie might have something going on with her parents or her father as well.
>>
>>90853371
>you owe him your life and deeds
Was this guy actually raised as Christian as he claims? This reads like a fedora that never went to church but is mad about the "magic sky fairy" meme.
Christians believe that Heaven is the reward for having lived a virtuous life, it's not a compulsion.
Doing the good deeds just so you can get into Paradise is one to ensure that you will never get in, because you did it for a reward, not because you wanted to.

Willis is a fucking hack.
>>
>>90872365
>I wish that, just once, /doag/ was right about the characters and not willis' comment section.
I would unironically enjoy reading an alternate DoA written by /co/.
>>
>>90873915
>Was this guy actually raised as Christian as he claims?
Fundie. So all that's happened is he's gone from being an intolerant religious bigot to an intolerant anti-religious bigot. He hasn't actually changed as a person like he thinks he has, he's just swapped sides.

Honestly people like Willis, whether religious or atheist, make other people of the same belief look bad with their smug self-righteous black and white world-views.
>>
>>90874434
Hear Hear.
>>
>>90873490
Closest to the three dads is Carol, but it's really nowhere near the same level. Sal's parents are at worst somewhat neglectful and dismissive even if you ascribe to Willis' word that they're racists. Billie's dad doesn't give her any attention and tries to buy her love.

>>90874434
>>90874819
The slowpaced, intertwined, and sprawling nature of DoA plots make it difficult to easily make a redo of them. On a personal level there is something, entitled I guess, about writing what is essentially a fix fanfic.
>>
>>90873490
>>90875074
Does... Does Willis have any daddy issues that he's mentioned? Because there's a LOT of cruel, unreasonable monsterdads in this comic, and moms get off pretty lightly (Joyce's mom the only exception off the top of my head).
>>
>>90875393
Not to put a damper on your point, but as far as the dad's go it seems Joyce's dad has turned over a new leaf
>>
>>90875393
From statements he's made his relationship with his dad is far, far better than the relationship with his mother.
>>
>>90875393

DoA is him expressing his rage at his mom. Willis is self-aware enough to realize that "girl standing up to her fundie dad" gets more sympathy points than "boy standing up to his fundie mom", so he's mining that well as much as can.
>>
I'm waiting for the plotline where someone has a grandmother that watches them masturbate
>>
>>90875573
>>90875596
Interesting. Since Joyce is autobiographical his good relationship with his dad would logically be replicated in the comic. But that makes the repeated abusive paternal figures even stranger.

>>90875875
I'd like to see Willis's comments section react to a truly physically (not just weaksauce verbally) abusive woman. For bonus points make her in a position of significant authority and her victim a male character who the audience doesn't like.
>>
>>90875963
Didn't joyce already say something of the sort to sarah?
>>
>>90876104
>>90875963
>>
>>90876168
I still find that last bit to actually be a compelling work of short drama, or at the very least when compared to damn near everything else Willis has put out. It's small moments like this that show he has potential and subtlety within him, but for some odd reason he refuses to let it grow.
>>
>>90875074
There's something entitled about writing stories in general (fanfics get a bit more infamy for having a lower bar to entry), but nobody cares unless it's shit.
>>
>>90876349
The entitlement comes from rewriting someone else's work because of a disagreement with its quality. It's one thing to utilize the same themes or scenarios, it's quite another to use the same characters and setting.
>>
I'm sorry, I just can't feel sympathy for Ruth.

Actually, I'm not sorry. I just want her to get fucked over for real.
>>
>>90876314
Joyce has those genuine moments like that because he's writing what he knows. Willis knows the neuroses of a fundie kid, great.

It doesn't grow because:
1: He has an agenda to push which gets in the way
2: He can't sustain realism in his stories, let alone subtlety, he'll always drop in wacky over the top cartoon shit because it's easier that way.
3: He himself has not grown as an artist. At all. If he had he would have wound up Joyce's story like ten fucking years ago and would now be able to write new characters who weren't on Easy Mode by virtue of being literally himself sans a Y chromosome.
>>
>>90873915
He was raised cult Christian, the kind who believes pretty much everything Joyce did when the strip began. Then he left the cult and did a full 180.
>>
>>90876314
The key to liking Shortpacked, and Willis in general, is pretending it's good. He actually has a pretty good framework, it's just his execution that's awful. So you pretend the shit like >>90845609 is more like some of the suggestions we've had in this thread, and that he's not a complete hack, and suddenly you have a decent comic.

It's kind of like fanfiction. I'm sure not many of us still like Captain Planet, but a half decent writer can still make a good story using the characters.
>>
>>90876723
Then explain Becky and Mary.
>>
>>90876922
I wish Captain Planet got a tongue-in-cheek gritty reboot like the new Power Rangers movie.

But yeah, I feel like the best way to fix DoA is to give Willis a co-writer.
>>
>>90854830
We do know she had cancer at the time.

And to be fair, Becky is her daughter. That's reason enough, hm?

>>90857621
I wonder if he caught wind of our "Billie the Bullie" talk.

>>90858047
>She was only nerfed because Willis is spineless. He's also inconsistent; Billie has been established to have no appreciation for choosing her battles.
That's something I've noticed: characters have whatever personality/ethics they need for whatever story they're in.

>>90858578
I'd be all in for that shark jump.

>>90859623
Well, being a freshman, she has a LOT less experience in college. It's not just her official status that's the issue.

She also has issues with work-life balance. Something would suffer greatly if she had the job: her classwork, her job, or her social life.

Dorothy literally does not have a personality befitting of an RA. Her goal is to do well at everything, right? Well, if she had the job, she'd either overwork herself on her duties and events and stuff, or she'd abandon her residents because they interrupt her studying. Or, if she can somehow manage those two things, she will have no time for friends.

Dorothy is too laser-focused on herself and her own goals to actually be suited for a job that requires your full effort. You have to be willing to let go of some stuff. It's a very draining, demanding job.

I'm not saying Ruth should have the position instead, but Dorothy, for her non-Rozness, isn't much better. I'd rather have Joyce, for example, who can balance her schoolwork and helping people.

>>90862602
Yeah, at least Carol is a little more complex and understandable.
>>
>>90876996

Agreed. Like, a great scenario would be if Clint actually was really supportive and friendly towards Ruth despite also being a heavy-handed authoritarian. Thus, the reason for Ruth's dysfunctional behavior is that Clint is raising her to be a total shit and is doing a good job at it.
>>
>>90876600
Fair enough, but I think it's not unreasonable to expect to be entertained by entertainment. It's might be entitlement, but hey, as people consuming media for the purposes of enjoyment we're already pretty entitled.
>>
>>90876973
What is there to explain? Mary is a punching bag for Willis' former, now hated, beliefs and Becky is a lesbian. A "quirky" lesbian. With a shit moustache-twirling villain of a parent like everyone else (who is also an anti-religion punching bag).
>>
Hey, is pateanon around or was he purged like sageress?
>>
File: loose_cannon.png (365KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
loose_cannon.png
365KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>90854921
Crowdfunding shouldn't exist at all and yet it does
>>
>>90877402
Seriously? This grumpy, perpetually disappointed grandpa is this arcs big villain? Why? Why would he even stay around long enough to be a villain?
>>
>>90877402
Is Billie implying that Ruth's dad banged big titty Asian hookers on the side?

>Clint's fucking hand in panel 4
How long has Willis been drawing again?
>>
>>90863222
I knew something looked off about them. That's exactly it. They look like they're strapped onto her existing shoes.

>>90866481
She evaluated their options at the party after Joyce got roofied. She ended up not being super-helpful, but she tried.

She took Joyce shopping and sort of tried to befriend her before she absorbed into Ruth.

Her relationship with Walky was kind of interesting.

>>90866581
>>90875393
>>90876088

It's interesting that he hates his mother more than his father, but all the REALLY bad people in DoA are fathers.

>>90872816
Amazing how this is 5 times better than whatever else Willis will come up with, even though this is approximately equal in terms of cliches/tropes.

>>90873490
Billie said her parents are basically never around, so they throw money at her in hopes of her loving them anyway.

>>90874595
I heartily agree. Smugness, especially when in relation to religious (or lack thereof) beliefs, is incredibly obnoxious.

>>90876088
I recommend reading the comments about when Joyce and Mike were pummeling Joe. He wasn't particularly liked at the time, and they were physically punching him. Like, a lot. I don't remember what the comments were like, but I'm not sure if I want to.

>>90877402
What? What was the point of this? What was the point of this strip? This arc? This confrontation? This character?
>>
>>90877463
He's gonna get an apartment near campus so he can keep an eye on her. He's retired and loaded so it's no big deal. Find some girl for Howie so he can lose his V-card and stop being a weirdo; maybe that hot blonde at the pizza place where they had lunch. Maybe get back in the dating game himself.

>>90877330
They're both supposed to be super hardcore fundie but neither of them really act like it.
>>
>>90877402
I can't tell what he means by that "Father's Daughter" crack. Is he just saying that because Ruth likes women like Dick did, or is it something specific about her tastes?

That last panel is genuinely baffling, though. I can't even begin to unpack it.

In general I'm not getting much from this.

Except I think I prefer catatonic Ruth, let's keep Grandpa Sir (Sir Grandpa?) around forever.
>>
>>90877402
>I heard plenty about you. Off-screen, in the event that an omniscient viewer were watching and might want to know some more information about an important figure in Ruth's life.

Also, I'm guessing Ruth completely shuts down around Sir Clint? How has he never noticed? How has Ruth never BSOD'd in his presence and fainted? What is wrong with her face?

>I'm a craaazy loose cannon with nothing to lose!
That's one way to be taken seriously.

>You really are your father's daughter.
It would be nice if we knew what Ruth's father was. Then that statement might have more oomph to it.

>I have more of your fires to put out.
Looks like Mary's getting a fat check out of this.
>>
>>90877608
>Looks like Mary's getting a fat check out of this.
Silly Anon, Mary can't have anything good happen to her. More likely Sir Clint would threaten to have her expelled or some shit if she ever reports Ruth's shitty behaviour.
>>
>>90877608
>Mary's getting a fat check out of this
Good, she needs a break.
>>
>>90877594
>I can't tell what he means by that "Father's Daughter" crack. Is he just saying that because Ruth likes women like Dick did, or is it something specific about her tastes?That last panel is genuinely baffling, though. I can't even begin to unpack it.

Oops, I read grandpa in that last panel instead of dad. It makes sense now. Still kinda awkward to be talking about Ruth's dead cheating Canadian dad, though.

I guess Sir could also be comparing Billie to his own daughter. Obviously he didn't approve of Dick and she had to defy him, and Billie's being very defiant.

>>90877550
>Amazing how this is 5 times better than whatever else Willis will come up with, even though this is approximately equal in terms of cliches/tropes.
Thanks, famiglia!
>>
>>90877402
Billy seems to have forgotten that Ruth's father is dead.
>>
File: WttFZ21-160x347.png (54KB, 160x347px) Image search: [Google]
WttFZ21-160x347.png
54KB, 160x347px
Looks like Willis is STILL going with the pin-ups. Oi.

Also, the password is "gramps".

>>90877680
>>90877687
Honestly, I don't know what Sir Clint means by putting out fires. He's alright put out the biggest fire, so to speak.
>>
>>90877727
he's not wrong, though. If I had a daughter, and she married a cheating shitbag, and then they both died, and then my granddaughter started boozing it up and abusing people like her father, I'd be pretty pissed.
>>
>>90877765
Slang term for redheads is "fire crotch." Ergo Clint is going to fuck Carla stupid.

>>90877727
Billie will finally receive the attention and validation she craves through Clint.
>>
>>90877402
This comic reminds me a lot of the nu PPG.
In that, despite it trying to focus on just how powerful the characters are, they are somehow weaker and lamer than in the original.

Like here. I get the sentiment, but it's not defiant enough to be helpful, not confident enough to be reassuring, Not competent enough to be taken seriously yet not pathetic enough to be humorous.

Reading this comic makes me uncomfortable because Billie's role here seems so awkward and uncomfortable.
>>
>>90877830
Man, Clint is a MACHINE. He already convinced pudding to see thing his way while behind closed doors, and now he's gonna go for Carla?
>>
>>90877402
>I have more fires to put out

ummmmmm..... getting Ruth's job back wasn't the fire to put out? What else does he have to do?
>>
File: tommi ryder.jpg (30KB, 329x305px)
tommi ryder.jpg
30KB, 329x305px
>>90877402
Dear lord Billie's dialogue in panel 3 is straight out of Preacher.

And the laughable mockery part no less.
>>
File: tumblr_nakydfr66Q1qkinreo1_500.png (194KB, 400x617px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nakydfr66Q1qkinreo1_500.png
194KB, 400x617px
>>90877765
Oh. Shit it's best girl. I might need this one simply because she's one of the only characters Willis has yet to ruin.
>>
>>90877894
She's the codependent girlfriend of a lesbian suicide pact who only started dating Ruth because it enabled all her negative traits while protecting her from Ruth's abuse. Of course she's awkward and uncomfortable, she's dealing with someone who doesn't give a shit about her or her issues.
>>
>>90877935
>turns out he's actually a fire fighter.
>>
>>90877402
That profile view of GrampSir is very unpleasant to look at.

>>90877747
Well she hasn't forgotten insomuch as she's using the past tense, but she is being extremely insensitive.

>>90877809
I meant awkward for Billie to be talking about his preferences. I imagine Sir Grandpa has been constantly insulting Dick in front of Ruth since he died. And like you said, it's understandable that he'd be angry about him.
>>
>>90877915
As long as Sir Clint's viagra is in effect, nothing can stop him!
>>
File: 2016-11-01-rat.png (320KB, 1000x333px)
2016-11-01-rat.png
320KB, 1000x333px
>>90877945
Oh, but he has.

i think it's this one, the thumbnail wasn't loading for me
>>
>>90877958
It also enables the idea that if someone's mean to you and bullies you, they actually secretly have a crush on you and that it's totally romantic to yell at and physically abuse someone if you have a crush on them.
>>
>>90877981
>Viagra, granddaughter! My dick hardens in response to emotional trauma!
>>
>>90878005
yeah that's it
That's the one where Sierra gets ruined.
>>
>>90877915
A real man doesn't quit until the job is done.
>>
>>90877402
>Watch the boy in the meantime

Hey Willis here! Did I mention that Cliff is FUCKING EVIL guys?!?!
>>
>>90877830
>He's going to make the fire-crotches put out
Sir Clint is obviously a pimp, that's why he has the cane. Perhaps he specializes in redheads, he's going to have Becky and Carla turning tricks for him before the day is out.
>>
>>90878005
>hating Mary
>ruined
Mary's really hateable. People here only like her for the meme of it all, but as a character she's pretty obnoxious, and also wildly incompetent. She's not even very pretty. She's the most average looking girl in the entire comic with hardly any defined curves.
>>
>>90877402
Is Cliff implying he knows Billie's dad here?
>>
>>90878041
What exactly did he mean? Is he calling Ruth a boy since she's just like her dad? I'm usually not so lost on weird Willisisms.
>>
>>90878128
By "he" Cliff is probably talking about Howie. And of course since he called him just "boy" makes Cliff a terrible human being or something
>>
>>90878128
He's telling Ruth to watch Howie
>>
>>90877402
i haven't read any other willis shit so i have no idea who
>the boy
is, but i'm going to guess he has no neuroses and only exists as comedic relief
>>
>>90878086
Mary is only horrible to people who entirely deserve everything she puts them through, and worse. The enemy of my enemy and all that.
>>
>>90877402
>Watch *the boy* in the meantime.
Where is old Howard anyway. Did he miss the grab and shake show?

Oh, fuck, I forgot that Howard could also end up standing up for Ruth as a climax.
>Clint: Well, Ruth, your hot girlfriend and your residents couldn't stop me, I've ruined your life by getting you your job back, and now I'm going home. Come along, boy.
>Howard is entranced in TV screen
>Pop pop: I said, come along, Howard!
>Clint turns off teevee
>Howard stares at blank screen with tiny pupils. His eyebrows twitch, he foams at the mouth
>Howard: That's it old man, you've gotten between me and dark fantasy for the last time!
>Grandfather Clint: Oh good, I was wondering when I'd push you far enough to stand up for yourself.
>Clint throws away cane, draws up to full height begins warming up.
>Howard pauses for a moment then goes nuts on him

And then either one dies, I don't care which....

Oh ok, they would never fight, Howard just shouts at him.
>>
>>90878173
Game of Thrones!
>>
>>90878052
>implying that the Sexual Tyrannosaurus will let some grandpa take her bottom bitch without a fight

There's gonna be blood on the streets.
>>
>>90877608
>Looks like Mary's getting a fat check out of this.
Or a black eye.
>>
>>90878086
That's an opinion and you're open to it, despite how wrong you are and how pure Mary is.

But Sierra is generally more upbeat/optimistic than others. She's not supposed to be vindictive against others.
>>
>>90877402
Wtf is going on with Cliff's hand in panel 4?
>>
>>90878263
Severe joint pain, the mere act of grabbing Ruth's arm took a lot more out of him than he's letting on.
>>
File: MaryCuteFixed4Realsies.png (312KB, 450x896px) Image search: [Google]
MaryCuteFixed4Realsies.png
312KB, 450x896px
>>90878086
She can still be hot without being very curvy, even if that's not your thing. Also, I don't think Willis' style really works for having less curvy girls look attractive. Dorothy's supposed to be pretty hot, but I don't think it comes across, except in the porns where there's more detail and my imagination.

And yeah, I can understand characters hating her, but I still think letting Bullie hit her and sanctioning that is going too far.
>>
>>90877402
>More fires to put out

And by that he means he's gonna eradicate the lesbian plague that has overtaken Ruth's floor and corrupted her, and also kill Carla.
>>
>>90878263
I have no idea what is goign through Willis' mind when he thinks up some of the poses he puts his characters into. People do not hold their hands with all their fingers and thumb spread apart like that while walking. Ever. It would actually have been EASIER to draw the fingers together, or clenched into a fist, and it would have looked better and more natural.
>>
>>90878288
is this willis trying to excuse shitty art?
>>
>>90878425
It's not even a matter of if a person does it. He clearly fucked up the anatomy of that hand between the thumb and index finger. It's like it's disjointed or something
>>
>>90878485
Well yeah, I was taking for granted that everyone knows Willis still can't draw.
>>
>>90877765

Want it

Even if it's pissy Willy shit
>>
File: Facepalm Alice 2.jpg (30KB, 600x325px) Image search: [Google]
Facepalm Alice 2.jpg
30KB, 600x325px
>>90845609
>>
>>90845866
>Sir Clint

Just Clint will do. He's not a knight
>>
>>90846002

Oh you poor naive soul.
>>
>>90845609
Incoming wall of autism. Go right along if you wish.

Why isn't she acting like Ruth at all?

Seriouysly. Why is she just shutting up? This is a woman who when sick from alchohol withdrawal suplexed a grown man, threatened her charges with murder casually and who has otherwise been shown to be very ornery and combative. So why the fuck is she just taking this like a helpless child?

That's not how being abused works. You don't just suddenly turn into a different person when your abuser walks into the room. I know from personal experience that children and teenagers with abusive families are combative with their parents all the fucking time. If anything, being in an abusive household should make you more likely to be violent and aggressive in a confrontation. So why is Ruth, a grown woman, not doing anything?

And he's an intersectional feminist. He should know that abuse isn't this easy to understand if he really paid attention to all the indoctrination.And just trying to rationalize it as "this is how she responds to her abuse" is lazy as shit.

"Yeah she just happens to react to abuse in a way that allows me to not have to write this character in any way consistent with her normal portrayals because I'm a fucking hack who got lucky and landed right on a profitable wave of quirk and politics that I'm invincible."
>>
>>90877402
Silly Willis, The Boy isn't a character in your crapshow.

And he's recently been saved from hell, arguably by Santa.
>>
>>90878203
>they would never fight
Fuck that. If amber can survive that car chase howie can kick the shit out of an old fuck.

Leesebowl fucking confirmed.
>>
>>90877547
he's old he has arthritis. That's his story and he's sticking to it.
>>
>>90879037
I think this might just be another Willis thing.

Remember the exact same "shutting down, not acting consistently with her previously show character" thing happened with Carla when Mary "misgendered" her?
>>
>>90877402
y'know galasso isn't gonna be very funny when he shows up again if every adult man over 35 in the series talks exactly like him.
>>
File: JoyceJugsKick.png (38KB, 138x206px)
JoyceJugsKick.png
38KB, 138x206px
>>90879086
You convinced me, anon! I'll believe!

VIOLENCE!
>>
>>90877402
don't these niggas go to class or something?
>>
File: mind blown.png (629KB, 810x453px)
mind blown.png
629KB, 810x453px
>>90879456
>tfw howie gets mountained
>>
>>90879134
He can't show the characters fighting back or behaving anything like adults because if he did the situation would quickly resolve itself in a believable way rather than the nonstop clownfuck of forced drama that drives every main plot this comic has had since Rapin' Ryan.

Ryan Rapist: Instead of beating him over the head with a baseball bat and then ignoring him completely, grab him, pin him down and call the cops. Plot resolved.

Toedad: Just call the fucking police. You know what car he drives, who he is, where he lives, etc.

The Roller Skate Controversy of 2015: Ruth tells Carla to stop being an obnoxious twat. She warns Mary that transphobic remarks won't be tolerated. When Mary threatens to go to the RM about Ruth's relationship with Billie and their dorm drinking, accept that you're a terrible RA and resign. Get a job and take out a student loan just like every other grown ass adult who put themselves through college. It's not the end of the world you fucking child.
>>
>>90877402
On the one hand it's kind of cool that the grampa takes the lesbianism in stride and goes, "Oh, you truly are your father, with the same taste in women..."

But I still hate that this comic has yet another white angry villainous father figure who lashes out in an irredeemable way because they lost a female family figure. Like shit Willis learn to write more than one kind of fucking story.
>>
>>90879574
I just worry about Willis' poor dad. He's probably an ok dude that he treats like utter shit.
>>
>>90857234
>What if Mary goes to the President or Board of Regents with evidence a violent alcoholic is being put in charge of a bunch of fresh-faced Freshman, then reinstated after her family pulled strings?

Seriously? You really need to ASK?

This is Mary. By the sheer fact of that she's she's Mary alone she wouldnt succeed. It would only turn out bad for her. Clint would probably have some grip on the college even at the highest echelons. The Reagents are all part of his good ol' boys club. The President was a war buddy.

Even the most incriminating evidence will be disregarded, then Mary gets expelled. Because the God of the DoA universe is a cruel, mad one.
>>
>>90857454

He doesn't.
>>
>>90879711
wow holy shit thanks for red pilling that anon hours and hours after the fact people almost bought into the FAKE NEWS of confusing the president for a comic strip character
>>
>>90877935
He's going to fuck with Billy in some manner I imagine, by going to the administrators. Billy will counter-complain to faculty/staff but they will be delightfully ineffectual and defer to the grandfather's word over hers. You're thinking way too hard about this
>>
>>90879695
How crazy would it be if Mary did try to go to the higher-ups (because she fears that with Ruth as her RA and Billie able to attack her at will she's in real danger) and Clint, after trying all his bluster and intimidation, knelt and begged Mary to let his granddaughter keep her job. And then Ruth saw that Clint may be shitty in *some* ways, but he does want her to succeed and have nice opportunities and not let her mental issues and personal tragedies ruin them. And then they reconciled, somewhat.

And then it doesn't matter what Mary does because she got Clint to blink and holds Ruth's fate in her hands. She gets to succeed and either fuck with Clint or Ruth, depending on which choice she picks and she gets to be competent for once. You could even have it get back to some of the girls on the floor and have them be impressed/intimidated while also being a little apologetic for pushing her that far.
>>
>>90877402
What the fuck is his chin? What is that fucking growth in his profile shot supposed to be?

THAT IS NOT HOW A HUMAN SKULL WORKS. DIDN'T YOU GO TO ART SCHOOL?
>>
>>90879844
More likely Clint will just threaten to destroy Mary's life because he has money and punch her in the stomach.
>>
>>90877765
Whats the Username?
>>
So how is Cerberus taking this?
>>
>>90879963
And everyone will standby and applaud.

I'll hope though. Seems kinda pointless to have such a hated character and have them be perpetually completely fucking obvious and incompetent.
>>
>>90878005

I always get "The Lottery" vibes from this.
>>
senpai
>>
>>90858835

In the real world, yes you would be correct.

But this isnt the real world. Logic and reason are forbidden here. Certain people ALWAYS win and certain people ALWAYS lose. Justice and truth are arbitrarily decided upon by the whims of a mad god
>>
>>90859261
>but then again we've just seen that Chloe lacks any common sense.

And by extension, neither does Willis. Is this guy legitimately insane?
>>
>>90859426

Thing is though, Can we count on Clint to be a reliable narrator? I imagine his perception of Ruth's dad is HEAVILY slanted, and doesnt reflect the TRUE story
>>
>>90864333

And then Chloe, having seen this day coming for a long time, enacts her extensively thought out "Scorched Earth" scenario
>>
>>90872200

That's just sick and depraved.

And STILL better than what WIllis could come up with
>>
>>90875393

I wouldnt call Joe's dad cruel or unreasonable. He's certainly no one to admire or emulate, but he's not abusive to his son
>>
>>90877402

That's not how a second chin works, Willis
>>
>>90877915
>and now he's gonna go for Carla?

As much as Id love to see Carla get the fear of God put into him, Willis wont allow anything bad to befall him, because he's trans
>>
>>90879870
No, he didn't go to art school. He failed out of regular college after a year.
>>
>>90881171
Still kind of weird that our 3 major villains are dads. He's fine with his dad now, so what's the deal?
>>
>>90876723
>3: He himself has not grown as an artist. At all. If he had he would have wound up Joyce's story like ten fucking years ago and would now be able to write new characters who weren't on Easy Mode by virtue of being literally himself sans a Y chromosome.

So what you're saying is that I want to fuck David Willis?
>>
>>90883180
Willis doesn't think he can get away with his characters punching out their mothers?
>>
>>90881171
Joe is Jewish. His mother should be his personal villain.

>when you answer captcha right several times but it still says you were wrong
>>
can this school get columbined already?
Holy shit this cast needs to be thinned out HARD and there is no way to redeem any of them.
>>
File: BoyMouthguard.jpg (58KB, 400x412px)
BoyMouthguard.jpg
58KB, 400x412px
>>90837630
Does her job normally involve full contact?
Why is she wearing that mouth guard?
>>
>>90849972
I brought this up in the chat, but everybody told me to fuck off and Willis deleted my comment. I guess he doesn't like conflict in his chat.
I've never been abused and I consider myself lucky for that but I have been depressed. I've exhausted myself and my family with it. Imo he shouldn't be calling her a piece of shit, but I think that as someone who has to deal with mental illness, he has the right to be upset/disappointed
>>
>>90881296
The problem with having Clint go after Billie or Carla is that they're both rich and connected. Billie's dad has been implied to more or less control the politics of the town they live in and Carla's family runs a Google analogue.
>>
>>90879870
The growth/bulge is his actual chin. The undercarriage is a badly drawn but of middle aged double chin.

It's terrible.
>>
>>90880979
Likely back story here? Ruth's Dad and Mom died in a car accident, Daddy was drunk driving. Maybe Ruth and Howard were in the car and survived?

Too much of your father, she is a drunk.
>>
>>90883180
>>90883204
I think it's weirder that he keeps tossing in parents as villains. Realistically the people who should be antagonizing the cast are other college students, but we've only really had Rapin' Ryan as an actual villain.
>>
>>90877915
Nanomachines, son!
>>
>>90883587

What mouth guard? Are you talking about her teeth?
>>
File: Catchpas.jpg (167KB, 502x494px)
Catchpas.jpg
167KB, 502x494px
>>90883233
>>when you answer captcha right several times but it still says you were wrong

I know that feel, bro. I also wish they get more images to use besides Street signs and store fronts. Those have gotten old
>>
>>90845609
Should've ended with "Was that a punch?" I like this character. He's cool.
>>
>>90879695
>Because the God of the DoA universe is a cruel, mad one.
Correction: The God of the DoA universe is David Willis.
>>
>>90879963
And then the punch in the stomach will internally damage Mary's womb, resulting in her having to get an abortion later in life when she attempts to have children.

Callbacks!

>>90883550
There's a No Death rule in DoA.
Remember this the next time lives are reasonably put in danger.

>>90884039
I bet her parents died after getting hit by a truck.

Callbacks upon callbacks!
>>
>>90883233
>>90885197
>when you know what a street sign is but Google fucking doesn't
That particular captcha is broken as fuck.
>>
>>90879037
>Seriouysly. Why is she just shutting up?
abuse is a hell of a thing, and can cause people to just lock up and shut down. Past interactions with her grandpappy have shown that she gets super meek and quiet when interacting with him.
>>
>>90886970

That's not a correction, that's an affirmation.
>>
>>90885197

Use Legacy Captcha
>>
>>90887018
>I bet her parents died after getting hit by a truck.
Something like that.
>>
>>90888409

Is that where I actually have to type it out?
>>
>>90889120

yes
>>
>>90879574
If I were to play the "Read Willis' mind through his work" game I'd assume he reuses that story not because that's what he felt about his parents; Since we know her mom was crazy and he hates her just as much.

IS more that it's his narrative "excuse" to tell himself "See? I write deep characters! Villain Father no. 345 not just evil because the plot demands it, that'd make me a bad writer! It's because he lost a family figure! I-I'm such a good writer!"

The problem is that since he is very much a one-track mind person with everything in his life, he assumes that story can work for /everything/.
>>
>>90879963
OK, so i know very little at knowledge cause I live in a part of the world where collage isn't much of a norm.

So, I gotta ask: Is being a RA really that big of a job? If Grumpy grandpa here is so focused on make her keep her job, as evil as he is, why doesn't he stride for something bigger if he has the money to do so?

I may be wrong, hence why I'm asking, but overall for me feels Willis is trying to make something equivalent of a Part-Time Job feel like it's the greatest job in the planet.
>>
>>90889551
It's definitely more like a full-time job. It relies on RAs being in the dorms constantly, holding meetings, doing rounds (checking fire extinguishers, looking for people passed out in the bathroom, checking for hazards), planning events, doing one-on-ones with RMs, going to meetings, staying on-call for almost an entire weekend, working the front desk, sorting and distributing mail, guiding residents during fire alarms, and training for sensitive situations.

Being an RA means not having to pay for a dorm room. Dorm rooms can run you a lot of money over time.

My guess is that they made a specific deal when she left for college, and she's not holding up her end at all.
>>
>>90890583
Oh ok. I was always curious about that since I just went to an U which is much more common than College over where I live. Plus we didn't have dorms either in mine so I never really stayed on one.

I originally just assumed it was so weird her grampa would be so focused on a job like that since I assumed it was something way simpler with way less benefits and connections.
>>
>>90877402
Talk about tonal whiplash.
>panels 1-3:
>leave her alone! she was suicidal because of you!
>panel 6
>dude i bet he was staring at my boobs, i bet he likes total bitches, shoulda punched him lol
>>
>>90892692
welcome to Willis Wrtiting 101

Lesson 1: tone? Fuck that gay shit.
>>
>>90892829
I haven't even heard of tone! ?__? Is it inappropriate buffness on characters?
>>
>>90885170
Please, surely he's not that bad an artist to call those teeth. Give the man some credit.
>>
File: 2014-11-18-html.png (357KB, 1000x333px)
2014-11-18-html.png
357KB, 1000x333px
>>90894571
hurr
>>
>>90894802
You provide some compelling evidence, but I'm not completely convinced he's a god awful hack of an artist just yet.
Perhaps more examples are in order?
>>
>>90877402
Is he implying that Billie is similar to his beloved daughter?
>>
File: cereal_riley.png (278KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
cereal_riley.png
278KB, 1000x333px
>>90894936
Evidence of a hack you say? How about some unrepentant copy-pasting to throw into the mix?

And this is a strip that was a special exclusive for people that actually give him money.
>>
>>90895274
>for people that actually give him money
I would legitimately ask for a refund. Just the sheer nothing that's going on, the low-effort background, the fucking way she's eating the cereal. Is that a TV in the kitchen next to the cupboards? Or a high-placed window that somehow shows the next house as though it were at eye level?
>>
>>90895484
It's a TV, that bar at the bottom is supposed to be a news ticker.

And I think even the gums are grounds for asking for a refund.
>>
File: 1462199919084.jpg (8KB, 207x200px)
1462199919084.jpg
8KB, 207x200px
>>90895274
who holds a spoon like that?
>>
>>90895763
She's hugging a mixing bowl full of cereal, how she holds her spoon is the least of her issues.
>>
>>90895763
reverse grip is the superior form for CQC
>>
File: greatjobwillis.png (105KB, 720x877px)
greatjobwillis.png
105KB, 720x877px
>>90895484
>I would legitimately ask for a refund
You'd think so!

Here's the comments from his paying patrons instead.
>>
>>90895943
>Jeph Jacques
Can they go a single day without jacking each other off?
>>
>>90896261
Hacks of a feather jaques off together
>>
>>90895943
I guess being stupid enough to give Willis money is evident of their inability to realize they're being scammed.
>>
>>90878005
Christ, is he and his audience so unselfaware that they see nothing wrong with expressing massive social hate for someone, hitting and socially ostracizing them for being kind of a jerk(and even that, not really?)
>>
>>90897044
The comments for this were pretty interesting. I learned from them that it IS okay to hit someone just because you don't like them.
>>
>>90878005
I can totally see why Mary's actions when presented in a certain light would lead to the residents wanting to have a united front against her. The part where it all falls apart for me is where Billie, who is a known violent asshole, takes it too far and not a single person steps out. That's where it goes beyond looking out for your fellow floormates and turns into terrorizing someone.

And as shitty as some might think Mary is, I can't justify that.
>>
>>90897573
I just think it's fucked up that the heroic resolution is never: call the cops/ stand up to the asshole in a public area, but physical assault. I can't think of a single conflict in DoA that hasn't been "resolved" using violence. Rapin' Ryan, Ross, Blaine, Religious chastity vs consensual horndoggery, That awful crazy lady who wanted to study, all of them were ended when the "bad guy" got hit in the face.
>>
>>90898166
>I can't think of a single conflict in DoA that hasn't been "resolved" using violence.
Would you consider it violence for Leslie to kick Roz out of class?
>>
File: 1490047412256.png (302KB, 1000x333px)
1490047412256.png
302KB, 1000x333px
>>90895274
>Oh God, better run through my final artistic check list before publishing
>Eyes look like quotation marks? Check
>Little black puppy dog nose? Check
>Gary Busey chompers? Check
>>
>>90895943
>FINALLY, this is why i keep pledging
>pledging for literally nothing
That about sums it up, really.
>>
>>90899417
So violence is never the answer unless it's directed at the right people?
>>
>>90899887
to be fair, nazis are exactly the type of person you should punch.
>>
File: 2013-05-30.gif (95KB, 1000x311px)
2013-05-30.gif
95KB, 1000x311px
>>90895763
Willis wipes his ass with his fucking THUMB
>>
>>90899417
>>90899887
>>90900520
>>90900645
It's all about taking the idea of punching up/down literally.

Honestly, it may feel good, but all that punching somebody does is make you look like a tool. And then it gives THEM a platform if they're being punched for their beliefs and not their actions. Richard Spencer may be right-wing, but he was punched for talking. He wasn't in the act of physically oppressing anybody. He had no physical means of defending himself, not did his attacker have any ideological means of combat.

Or something like that.
>>
File: 1468409289512.png (184KB, 303x272px)
1468409289512.png
184KB, 303x272px
>>90900948
Is that why the art is shitty, despite years of drawing? Because his thumb is eternally injured?
>>
>>90901148
>>90900948
I wish I hadn't seen any of this.
>>
>>90899887
>>90900976
This right here.

Spencer's pretty damn odious, but punching him did what? It got a bunch of progressives to feel really good about themselves, but it didn't change his mind. It vindicated him in the eyes of his followers, neo-nazis and supremacists, 'proving' that the left has no arguments, only violence. It made everyone who shares his beliefs more defensive, more likely to hold onto those ideas and it meant a lot of people who otherwise dislike/disagree with/hate him be labelled as bigots and racists themselves, just for defending the idea of free speech, regardless of who is using it to say what. Which to anyone who knows even the smallest thing about human nature, is more likely to make enemies than allies.

If you really, truly just want to change someone's mind, that takes effort. It takes patience. It takes ACTUAL tolerance and not the fake "why should I be tolerant of intolerance" bullshit being peddled and even then you may not succeed, but if you truly want to make a better world, to convince everyone that your ideas are the right ones, you have to let them be challenged. You have to make that effort to connect with others, not just scoff and go 'educate yourself' or throw off a snarky one-liner about how awful they are.

>>90900645
...aaaaand the point just sailed right past you.
>>
>>90900645
The issue being that he was not doing anything. He was just standing there giving an statement, not threatening, enticing, antagonizing, or being violent, which means what he was doing was covered under his First Amendment rights. While his ideas might be repugnant, they're also perfectly legal. To attack him, and to celebrate and condone attacking him, says that it is permissible to act with violence against those who hold different beliefs than you regardless of their actions.

Granted, the Mary situation is different in that the other residents have no proof or first-hand knowledge that Billie's claims are true. Billie engineered a situation that used Mary's own shitty personality to prejudice the other residents towards Billie's allegations and allow her to freely abuse Mary.

Strictly speaking Richard Spencer is not a Nazi, not even a neo-Nazi, he's a white supremacist and anti-semite.
>>
>>90901309
I dunno, while the punching was weird. I think the aftermath of it, specifically the punch becoming a meme set to various music and raising a bit more awareness of the guy in an unflattering manner did seem to make him less palatable in the mainstream.

I don't think this means you should start advocating random violence against people though.

Also I think Richard's position as a guy with somewhat of a following and some amount of cachet is way different from Mary who is a despised joke of a woman in an environment full of people who know how she is and wouldn't stand for her attitude.
>>
>>90901535
>less palatable in the mainstream

Richard Spencer is a fucking nobody who runs a small think tank and has a podcast. Barely anyone one knew who he was until he was punched, there's a conspiracy theory that Spencer himself set up the punch to get recognition, and the incredible amount of focus on him seems more like everyone else realizing that painting a gay, Jewish man as the face of American neo-Nazism wasn't cutting it so they picked the first guy with hard-right opinions and a shitty haircut.
>>
>>90900645
During a war when they are an opposing army trying to kill you, yes.

During peacetime, when they are fellow citizens who just have different opinions to you, no. All violence towards them does is give them more ammo to show how people opposed to their views are violent thugs. Unless you want to kill them all so there are no Nazis left. Which doesn't exactly sound much better than Nazis.
>>
>>90902325
This, pretty much. Physical violence is only proper when physical violence is dealt.

If anything, the people to be physically fought against are the antifa anarcho-communists who use protests as an excuse to "fight" against capitalism.
>>
>>90901309
>>90901344
>>90901535
>>90901912
>>90902325
>>90902924
One of the biggest issues here is that it turned him into a martyr.

He was physically attacked when he wasn't actively doing anything violent. So it makes "the good guys" look like jerks, and "the bad guys" look sympathetic.
>>
>>90903831
I agree, but I also think it's unhelpful for anyone to think of differences of opinion in terms of "good guys" and "bad guys". I think it's much better to look at it in terms of there being ideas you think are right and ideas you think are wrong, not that people you think are have the wrong ideas are bad people.

When you look at it like that, in terms of ideas rather than people, it becomes a lot more obvious why violence towards people you think are wrong is a really fucking stupid idea. Your ideal outcome is for them to come to believe you're right - What's more likely to convince someone of that? Reasonable discussion and debate which takes their currently held opinions into account, or punching them in the fucking face and calling them a Nazi?
>>
>>90904292
It really doesn't help that the "Nazi" label is thrown around fast and loose these days.
>>
Damnnit, Ruth.

Those recycling bins are innocent. Punch Billie.
>>
>>90905317
>Literal copy and paste Ruth in panel 4 and 5

Willis can't keep getting away with this...
>>
>>90905317

Well, panels 3-5 sure look shoppable.
>>
>>90905317
And then Ruth wonders why everyone leaves her and stops caring. Again.
>>
>>90905317
Are panels 4 and 5 of Ruth using her powers to send Billie to the cornfield
>>
>>90905317
>Billie acting like a child
>Ruth aint taking it
Billie deserves to be yelled at, and yet this will somehow be spun as Ruth being the bad guy.
>>
>>90905317
Did Ruth not want Billie to see what a huge pussy she is when in the presence of her grandad?
>>
>>90905317
>Sir Clint of Grandfathershire abuses Ruth
>Ruth takes it out on Billie (and recycling bins)
This is the most obvious case of kick the cat I've ever seen.

I do like Billie getting blown up at after she was so detached and quippy. That shit was annoying and out of place.
>>
>>90905317
Was Billie about to call Ruth a bitch? Why?
>>
>>90905460
>does nothing
>effects nothing
>is a goddamn adult capable of making her own choices

Ruth doesn't really have a leg to stand on here; while Billie may be acting like a child she has zero reason to do as Ruth says. Especially when Ruth is shit at making intelligent decisions. Ruth's outburst seems more like she's taking her anger out on Billie.
>>
>>90905317
I smell a scene change coming on..... but idk where we would go.
>>
>>90905317
hey, she IS amber!
>>
>>90905399
I'm thinking some kind of antifa edit based on her violence towards trashcans.
>>
>>90877765

I actually want to see this shit
>>
>>90905545
I think that was the beginning of a "but", but I don't know why he wouldn't just cut her off at "b" instead of right after the "but"
>>
>>90905317
So I guess Ruth is so angry because she doesnt like being told what to do, but she can't take it out on those who do so because they're more powerful than her, so she abuses everyone around instead? What the fuck is the message here?
>>
>>90905580
Dontcha just love how mental illness and personal trauma is a cover-all excuse to be an asshole?
>>
>>90905317
>>90905399
That transparent space in panel 5 is just asking for obnoxious Becky, probably declaring that she's a lesbian. It's almost like Willis made it specifically so someone could shoop her in there.
>>
>>90905596
That Ruth is exactly the same kind of person as her grandfather.
>>
>>90905571
Smart money's on Math class or the innocent residents of the dorm getting their shit handed back to them by Clint.
>>
>>90905596
>What the fuck is the message here?
Same message as usual I think. Parents are awful, and everyone is a blameless victim of their upbringing.
>>
>>90905317
>my patriarch
Has there ever been any confirmed happy nuclear families in this stupi dcomic? Geez, Willis.
>>
>>90905520
>I do like Billie getting blown up at after she was so detached and quippy. That shit was annoying and out of place.
Yeah, it actually made sense for Ruth to get annoyed at Billie for acting so stupidly.

>>90905548
>while Billie may be acting like a child she has zero reason to do as Ruth says
Are they technically still sort of broken up?

>>90905588
I had the same thoughts.

>>90905596
That Ruth is a piece of crap?
>>
>>90905660
Except, of course, those who believe the "wrong" things. They are clearly pure evil.
>>
>>90905688
Yes, but they sorta got back together when Ruth was sent to the hospital for staying in on a weekend.
>>
>>90905688
They're non-explicitly back together.

>>90905660
>>90905701
God, I really hope that Willis makes Mary's parents hardcore regressive lefties.
>>
>>90905658
>Cut back to Math
>Walky gets his test back
>A-
>Happy Walky
>Sets up cute Dorathy/Walky moment later
>And then congratulatory sex

Oh wait, Walky can't be happy right now since he's on "plot timeout" or something.
>>
>>90905680
Dorothy, probably. Dina, too.
Technically Mike, though in that case Mike is the one who is unhappy.
>>
>>90905580
Yeah, but flipping tables is more emotionally scaring then kicking recycling bins apparently
>>
>>90905755
No, he already word-of-godded them as "decent, perfectly nice" christians. They were described as both being like Joyce's dad.
>>
>>90905658
>>90905789
If I've got their class schedules right, we could possibly be looking at Leslie's class for a cutaway.
>>
>>90905814
Dorothy's family seemed good when they came to town. They also let her decide on her own religion.

>>90905680
Maybe Sarah, Jacob, or Danny?
>>
>>90905860
That really makes no sense unless Mary's fundamentalism is just a rebellious phase and her parents are far more mainstream Christian.
>>
>>90905688
>Are they technically still sort of broken up?
Well they were making out and holding hands upstairs so I'm gonna say maybe.
>>
>>90905893
It would make sense. We haven't heard a peep about the Leslie/DaSanto plot in a while. Kill two birds with one stone with Walky/Dorothy and those two
>>
>>90905893
>>90905931
Here's what we're in for on the 23rd, according to Willis' Tumblr.
>>
>>90905922
>that really makes no sense
Yeah, thats willis. Plots that don't work because of actions that don't make sense because of character that act stupid.
>>
>>90905947
Looks like they're leaving math or entering gendstud.
>>
>>90905947
So.... scene change tomorrow night then? This looks like the math class emptying out or something.
>>
>>90880105
>>90877765
I tried combing the archives and I just can't find the username.
>>
>>90901344
there is nothing wrong with punching nazis, white supremacists and antisemites. that is how you keep scum like them out of power and away from causing even more harm.

>>90901535
violence against nazis is not only not random, it is a moral imperative
>>90903831
>>90902924
spreading hate and vitriol is violence. we can't let people like him have a platform from which to speak, because that's how shit heads like trump get elected. now we have to work twice as hard to keep these assholes from thinking that society wants them around. just look at how godawful /pol/ has been since november.
>>
>>90906013
There is no username.
Alternatively, the username is "http://dumbingofage.com/comics/" and the full password is in a [YYYY-MM-DD-password.png] format.
>>
>>90906035

I bet you aren't even baiting, huh
>>
>>90905317
>Chloe walks out to see Ruth kicking the bins
>"Wow, that's just awful. I changed my mind: You're fired"
>>
>>90905624
hey, at least amber was represented as wrong in her actions. remains to be seen whether ruth will
>>
>>90906072
She wasn't entirely shown as being in the wrong. Or at least, Willis doesn't think so. He made a comment on Tumblr about how suddenly everyone hates Amber whenever she has a panic or anxiety attack.

I have panic and anxiety. Amber being violent is not from panic and anxiety. She's just a turd.
>>
>>90905947
>Magical Love Gentleman
Well, that answers this >>90896261 anon's question.

And the answer is no. No they cannot.
>>
File: WillisMasterstroke.png (395KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
WillisMasterstroke.png
395KB, 1000x333px
>>90905317
He really paid those garbage bins off. Chekov has his gun, Willis has his refuse containers.

Now imagine if they had been visible in any of the shots since then. Maybe they could've been full size instead of knee high and being jostled as The Clintfather was sirhandling Ruth.

Also Billie got out of there extremely fast considering that's an elevator not just a regular door.

>>90906066
lol
>>
>>90906052
either /pol/ is a shithole, trump a dumb piece of shit, and nazis bad, or I'm baiting you.
pick one
>>
>>90906115
obviously being violent isnt a panic attack, i kind of doubt he was referring to that

ambers gonna be rewarded by the narrative eventually, but right now its made decently clear that her lashing out at people and verbally abusing her (ex) boyfriend isnt something thats acceptable
>>
>>90906038
....oh...OH. I thought the password was for the pin ups. damn.
>>
>>90906189
I'm fairly certain the comment was made around the time of the table-flipping incident. I'll look it up.
>>
>>90906184

You clearly haven't read through the discussion and have no intent on thinking about this rationally. The simple point is it accomplished nothing; worse, it accomplished the opposite of what you want it to. Do you think the other side will see that video and think "Oh dear these white knights wield swords of shiny virtue against which we cannot prevail"? No, they'll see a thuggish brute carrying out an unprovoked assault on a political opponent. In fact that's what everyone will see.

Tell me exactly what good came of it, if you can.
>>
>>90906536
if enough people punch them, they will crawl back to their containment zones like /pol/ and the flyovers. We don't need to 'win' them over, it wasn't going to happen anyway. If they are still nazis in this day and age, they are set on being nazis. It's not the 1920s anymore, there isn't any illusion of benevolence to their ideology. they are scum, and any one who doesn't fight them is enabling them.
>>
File: 2016-03-11-physicality.png (318KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-11-physicality.png
318KB, 1000x333px
>>90906189
>I just realized you are writing a storyline heavily involving Ruth, Becky, Carla, and Sal, who seem to be 4/5 of the most hated on characters by trolls/assholes in the strip (just missing Dorothy! Guess Amber's filling in). I wish you lots of Troll B Gone.
blenderbender1811

>Plenty of assholes hate Amber! Especially when she has panic attacks. Only when she has panic attacks. And she just had one, so, yeah. That was a fun night.
>Though some day maybe Becky will make things easier on me by learning which stuff to not yell in a restaurant.

Says it was posted about 11 months ago.

This is approximately where that was being discussed. It's at least a guess.
http://www.dumbingofage.com/2016/comic/book-6/03-when-god-closes-the-door/her-physicality/
>>
>>90906586
Do you even know what a nazi is? Or is just a scary word you try to use to bully others into submission?
>>
File: 2016-02-11-quipping.png (333KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-02-11-quipping.png
333KB, 1000x333px
Here's a fun visit to the past.
>>
>>90906586
No, idiot. If enough people punch them, they'll get more subscribers to their ideology, and it will end up like the goddamn Spanish civil war.
>>
>>90906586

>if enough people punch them

...then they'll punch back? You have a naive and immature understanding of how the world works, m80. At the same time as you accuse these people of being dumb and violent you also assume they'll respond to actual physical attacks against them, and the outright condoning of such, by quietly bowing out.

And if you refuse to believe they can (or should) be won over, than you're still screwed because it means they'll probably just keep on electing presidents who seem more sympathetic to their worldview.
>>
>>90906664
yes, a nazi literally is a member of the german worker's party. colloquially it means a fascist, whit supremacist or antisemite.
>>90906753
>>90906803
that's why we need to empower the people that the nazis prey upon, because there are more of us than there are of them. We beat them before, and we'll beat them again. If enough people had participated in the Spanish Civil War, then WWII wouldn't have happened.
>>
>>90906866

You've still not said what exactly was accomplished by that particular attack. Instead you went full throttle into advocating war and suppression against a particular group of people because you think it'll be more work trying to enlighten them than just capping every whitey in a red state.

Honestly we've had almost the same discussion regarding Willis as to why someone doesn't just walk up to him at a convention and slap him or toss something in his face or something. In the end, whether he's a colossal prick who tries to swindle people into giving him money by making a half-assed comic laden with SJW-approved material or not, he'll be the persecuted victim and his detractors will be the insane psychos who assault people because they don't agree with them.
>>
>>90906866
Question: What if a nazi punched you in the face
Answer: It would reinforce your beliefs that nazis are bad.
The opposite is also true, if you use violence against your nazis, you are reinforcing their beliefs. You are not going to "beat" them with violence. You will only create more supporters for them.
>>
>>
>>90905976
The reason it doesn't make sense is because Mary was originally written to be a complex, nuanced character in a crisis of faith. She was on track to be a foil for Joyce. Then Willis decided to make her into a punching bag he could roll out any time he wanted to get his readers riled up.
>>
>>90906996
Has it ever been explained why Joyce started to talk to Joe again (or why Joe even responds to her anymore)? Even if it was via texting?
>>
File: 2016-01-11-sorry[1].png (341KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-11-sorry[1].png
341KB, 1000x333px
>>90907160
Joyce was feeling angry post-Ross and was worried about going home and dealing with her family. She noticed that Joe had some anger about being taugh how he was wrong about something and connected it to her anger over Becky and Dorothy saying stuff that pecked away at her religious beliefs. I think she also detected that Joe had some issues with marriage which she connected to family issues, and decided that they were kindred in that way.

That's my interpretation but it really wasn't gone into that much. Willis thought it was more important to just have it be a cliffhanger of "who is Joyce texting" rather than go into the specifics of their connection that much.
>>
File: 1486173182706.gif (413KB, 624x352px)
1486173182706.gif
413KB, 624x352px
>>90905317
>My Patriarch
>>
File: cerb1.jpg (49KB, 438x243px) Image search: [Google]
cerb1.jpg
49KB, 438x243px
Never change, cerberus!
>>
>>90907354
Him being the one she was texting as a cliffhanger was fine mostly, whether or not anyone was surprised is another thing. But I feel like after the surprise of that wears off he never answered WHY Joe given their history. Like Willis hasn't really gotten to that answer yet other then people speculating.
>>
>>90907530
Cerberus is a kind of mystery that will never be figured out.....
>>
>>90907530

>The story played straight like it is in life

You insane, deluded, pitiable thing. There's so many screws loose with this one that it isn't even a machine anymore, it's a box of screws.
>>
>>90907585
i think there was a bonus strip or something that showed the first text she sent him during the trip, it might have answered that but i dont remember
>>
>… I’m sorry if I’m a little… off tonight. Last night my fiancee was put under a 5150 and I didn’t even find out what happened until tonight nor even if they were alive and well until this afternoon. It’s been a really really raw day for me and I’ve kind of cried my eyes sore.

What's a 5150? Apparently Cerberus' BF was put under it. I don't know what any of that means.
>>
>>90907530
I really don't know what drives a person to write this "so deep lul" drivel on a daily basis for a slice of life college webcomic.
>>
>>90907622
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5150_(involuntary_psychiatric_hold)

>Section 5150 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) (in particular, the Lanterman–Petris–Short Act or "LPS") which authorizes a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person suspected to have a mental disorder that makes them a danger to themselves, a danger to others, and/or gravely disabled. A qualified officer, which includes any California peace officer, as well as any specifically-designated county clinician, can request the confinement after signing a written declaration stating the psychiatric diagnosis that the diagnosing medical professional believes to be the cause or reason why they believe the patient to be "a danger to themselves or others" or the psychiatric disorder that has rendered the patient incapable of making their own medical treatment decisions.

>In informal usage, 5150 (pronounced "fifty-one-fifty") can refer to the person being confined (e.g., "I have a possible 5150 here"), the declaration, or the act of committing someone (as in "(Someone) was 5150ed").

Interesting and rather unfortunate if true.

>>90907639
We've come to assume it's some form of therapy.
>>
>>90907622

>Section 5150 is a section of the California Welfare and Institutions Code (WIC) (in particular, the Lanterman–Petris–Short Act or "LPS") which authorizes a qualified officer or clinician to involuntarily confine a person suspected to have a mental disorder that makes them a danger to themselves, a danger to others, and/or gravely disabled.

It means crazy attracts crazy.
>>
>>90852743
>or you could look to see if the parental figure does something an asshole would do
What? Does this person think Willis is recording a real event? Something that happened in the past in the comic was still fucking written by Willis, the first guy's point still applies
>>
File: cerb2.jpg (156KB, 473x877px)
cerb2.jpg
156KB, 473x877px
>>90907649
>>90907650

Yikes.
>>
>>90907622
>>90907649

It's stuff like this that kinda makes me legit worry for this person....
>>
Okay so those were comments on yesterday's strip.

Cerberus hasn't commented on today's strip yet it seems.

I wonder if the thing with the fiance is getting worse?
>>
>>90907639
I have to wonder if Willis is under any pressure knowing that Cerebus and probably a good number of his readers need his strip on an intrinsic level for catharsis.
>>
>>90907684

I can't even tell what I feel.

On the one hand it seems like the perfect storm of being born with a screw loose and living a life that constantly rattles and batters until they're a barely-functional mess of issues and shit. And that's sad.

On the other hand this is a madperson who would probably do better locked in a nice comfy room than out spreading their craze and assuming full functionality.
>>
>>90907764
>Willis will be sued by Cerberus' family if he stops the comic cause Cerb would have killed him/herself
>>
>>90907530
Well this is dumb. Ruth is abusive, we get a full picture of what she is as a person and we can still understand and condemn her shitty behaviour, same thing with Amber. No reason why the male abusers couldn't have the same courtesy. Also we're talking about the third in a line of over the top villains, here. You could start showing some variety.

Anyway, hope she's okay, that stuff sounds rough.
>>
>>90907530
That's not even true. I can probably name 4 or 5 series where the abuser is basically 1 dimensional and nonredeemable.
>>
>>90907764

I really don't think he'll change tack because of them. Dude's got an ego and will stick to his vision, even when the LGBT people complain like what happened on that forum a few years back. It took three of them calling him out to make him retract some comment.
>>
>>90907808
Yeah, what Cerb is decrying is exactly what we're getting with Ruth right now. To the point where her second paragraph fits Ruth almost to a T.

I do wish Cerb and her SO the best.
>>
>>90896382
My sides were not ready.
Have a big (You)
>>
>>90905947
But why green hair?
>>
>>90908163
More importantly how does she hold the phone if four fingers are on the back and you need the fith to tap?
>>
>>90908252
Mary had a psychotic break, bought more of that superglue she used to fuck up Carla's skates, and has been on a rampage gluing people's hands to their phones.
>>
>>90906066
>Clint: *sigh* You mean that you just need another bribe.
>Pudding Head: Well, if you're offering, I'm not refusing, Big Guy!
>>
>>90907622
>even a tranny gets sex more than you

kek
>>
>>90905317
I just realized something

why the fuck is Ruth wearing overalls like she just came out of the Osh Gosh Begosh catalogue?
>>
>>90894571

Im going to assume this is a joke.
>>
File: 4AnZjeut_400x400[2].jpg (25KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
4AnZjeut_400x400[2].jpg
25KB, 400x400px
>>90837630
>Make a comment a day or two ago on the last strip about how similar Ruth's dad is to Becky's dad

>Check to see if there were any replies

>"Your comment is awaiting moderation"

Is this normal. I didn't even say "Wow this is such bad writing" or anything, literally all I did was note the similarity in as neutral a fashion as possible.
>>
>>90910358
Well grampa, not dad, but whatever they're both abusive white guys who abuse their lesbian kid because they're sad a female family member died.
>>
>>90906161

Why would he just say the title of a show? There's literally NO REASON for him to. No one uses a title as a catch phrase. Except maybe "Gymkata" but that didnt originate with the actual movie.

Now some quote from the show I could understand. But the title? No one does that.
>>
>>90845609
>tfw I finally got the hang of this webcomic

you all seem to be suffering but I think it's hillarious

>it's an out of touch older white person is evil episode

loving every laugh
>>
>>90894802

What is going on with this woman? Does she have the hots for the teacher and is trying to impress him?
>>
Still no sign of Cerberus. It'd be weird if this personal drama meant no more of their posts.
>>
>>90910521
That is just Willis showing how Amber is too advanced for that class.
>>
File: joe1.png (324KB, 1000x333px)
joe1.png
324KB, 1000x333px
Fuck it, joe time.
>>
File: joe2.png (232KB, 900x300px)
joe2.png
232KB, 900x300px
>>
File: joe4.png (266KB, 900x300px) Image search: [Google]
joe4.png
266KB, 900x300px
>>
File: joe6.png (309KB, 1000x333px)
joe6.png
309KB, 1000x333px
>>
File: joe7.png (300KB, 1000x333px)
joe7.png
300KB, 1000x333px
>>
>>90910380
I think the idea is that he's such a fan of a show that he rarely if ever gets the chance to watch that when reconnecting with his sister, he makes his intentions for visiting known immediately: He cares not for his sibling, but rather he cares for her free subscription to HBO.
>>
File: joe8.png (335KB, 1000x333px)
joe8.png
335KB, 1000x333px
This has been classic joe time.
>>
>>90911613
IT'S A CORDLESS LANDLINE PHONE
T
'
S
>>
>>90911640

I agree with Walky
>>
>>90837630
Why do people take shitty little things like this seriously?

It's hideous, I have no clue whats happening in it and the art is horrible. That blonde lady is sitting down the entire time, at the same angle looking at her facial structure, and yet we get a different angle of the room each time and that man's suit has no buttons.

Why the fuck does anybody care about this?
>>
File: pete.jpg (24KB, 245x204px)
pete.jpg
24KB, 245x204px
>>90912452
This pretty much.
>>
>>90907530
>I want one-dimensional barely human villains I can hate without feeling any kind of understanding or sympathy for
>but I want heroes who act really shitty but who I can sympathise with and understand why they act like cunts...
>because of the one-dimensional villains!
What a healthy and realistic world-view to have.
>>
>>90910324
Ruth has worn overalls before. And I saw something in It's Walky the other day where she was wearing them too, but it was added by Willis at a later date.

The answer is that Willis is stupid and has no idea how a person Ruth's age would dress.
>>
>>90907622
>>90907649
>>90907673

>implying this is real

if there's one thing I've learned from various online communities, is that airing your dirty laundry in public is usually just a bunch of embellished bs designed to attract attention and pity.
>>
>>90910752
Is this really real? Is /co/ genuinely worshipping some insignificant reader that no one cares about and put them in a pedestal and become their cockgod to worship and suckle on their cock like its the nextStar vs or next Steven universe or next shota/lolicon character that everyone wants to bring up all the time?
>>
>>90912452

the guy who makes this is on like 10k a month
>>
>>90914046
>on like 10k a month

Not trying to be condescending, what do you mean by this?
>>
>>90914112
His Patreon and Kickstarter projects allow readers to throw money at him. He makes at least $5-7k a month just from readers.
>>
>>90912756
>>90907530
I really take issue with this because if you don't ever show any close moments, you don't explain why the abuse is so much more vile. Sure a dad should be loving, supportive, etc. as a rule. But that's not the reality. Lots of parents suck or are absent. But imagine the depths of having a guardian where you don't know whether you're getting your loving G'pa Clint or a monster who thinks you're worthless. You'd constantly be going to him and not knowing what to expect. It would be more abusive, not less, and wouldn't excuse it.

>>90914035
I wouldn't post their stuff here, but they are prolific as fuck on the comic comments. I find it pretty annoying, and it's one of many things that keeps me from the comments page there, but I'll post about any thoughts I see here.
>>
>>90914247
>>90914046
Oh, so you were just confirming that people like it.

Can you tell me why though? That was my question. Why would people pay this schmuck that much money for him to be bad at drawing and write shitty little strips?

Does the author have some kind of personal identity that people connect with? Because I can't understand someone looking at this and connecting with it.
>>
>>90913990
It's the same tact the tumblr sluts used to use to generate sales on their manyvids. "Oh my god my parents are both dying but hate me and I have to take care of them but they kicked me out and my dog died so i bought another but i let it outside and it ran away now i need money for a new dog, a cure for my parents cancerz and you can give it to me when you buy this video of me slamming my asshole with a dildo."

next thing you know "comic" creators claim they're trannies or gay and the world makes them cry so they get money on patreon for garbage.
>>
So what happened to all the pin ups that used to be posted on here weekly? Did pin up anon die out or?
>>
>>90914990
No one has a slipshine account anymore.
>>
>>90914990
There just haven't been any new ones posted recently--or at least ones that we have access to.

Here's what we currently have:
Free Pinups
http://itswalky.deviantart.com/gallery/37947681/Pin-Up-Week

ACO Smut collection (for pinups and full comics):
http://desuarchive.org/aco/thread/1131190

Smut Doc:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1nPLf38VDiwnL4qk1aOyB2Tmmd0mg4j7GWqfjE1x-kis/edit?usp=sharing

---Pinups List---
Week 1: Walky and Dorothy
Week 2: Sarah
Week 3: Ethan
Week 4: Marcie
Week 5: Danny (with Amazi-Girl)
Week 6: Grace and Mandy
Week 7: Mary
Week 8: Mike
Week 9: Billie (with Ruth)
Week 10: Joe’s dad and Amber’s mom
Week 11: Dorothy (with Walky)
Week 12: Roz (with whoever)
Week 13: Jason
Week 14: Walky (with Dorothy)
Week 15: Ruth (with Billie)
Week 16: Malaya
Week 17: Danny
http://dumbingofage.tumblr.com/post/156584512665/its-time-to-take-inventory-of-welcome-to-the-fuck
Sal
Walky and Dorothy again
Sierra
>>
>>90915183
Sigh...so if I become the hero you need, what is missing? Everything after Joe's dad?
>>
>>90911640
Joe's being a real fag about a simple joke.
>>
>>90911640
>having more than one pair of shoes
Unless the other pairs are like...dress shoes for formal events and boots for working outdoors, I can't understand why you'd need more shoes than that. Seems like a waste of money.
>>
>>90916206
We have Roz (red bra) and Jason (bow tie pubes) and Dorothy (the one with the condom package), surprisingly enough. Outside of that, yes, almost everything past Joe's dad.

So Walky AGAIN, Ruth AGAIN, Danny AGAIN, Malaya, Sal, Sierra, and Walky and Dorothy AGAIN. Come on, Willis. Really? How many times do we need to see them? Walky Performs a Sex was better than the others because it was fresh and almost natural. It's not because it was those two specifically.
>>
>>90911640
Yeah, Joe's being unnaturally thin--skinned for someone so crass. Willis probably thought it was a sick burn on the stereotype, but instead it just looks like he was personally offended.
>>
>>90912247
>>90916337
>>90916968
>>90917249
It's not just a joke, Walky lost a pair of shoes and literally had nothing else to wear.

Indiana has winters and it seems like Walky doesn't even have a seasonal boot he could wear until new shoes were acquired. Or even an older pair of sneakers that were still in wearable shape but just beaten up. I'd say he's definitely the weird one, even if it comes across as forced.

And Joe *is* offended cause Walky is an immature weirdo trying to tell him nonsense.
>>
>>90916206

Honestly, if we really are going to sacrifice some bucks for this instead of waiting for a good samaritan, we should hold off until after he finishes.

Imagine if these fuckzone things go on for another month or two. We'd have to renew subscription each and every time instead of giving one payment and getting everything at once.
>>
>>90918316
That's completely fair. His schedule is too irregular for now.
>>
>>90907530
>"behind the toxic ideas of what it means to be a man"

I guess the many horrible mom's of the world just have internalized toxic masculinity or something.
>>
>>90910358
The comments are a notorious hugbox. If any post is thought-provoking, that must mean it has unsavory ideas and therefore isn't fit to be posted.
>>
Willy posts too much on Twitter. He's mostly been doing that obnoxious "repeat complaints ad verbatim because the thought alone that people in general are complex and not just one-dimensional is laughworthy"

I don't get it. They really do believe everybody who ever disagreed with them or hurt somebody is nothing more than a monster whose lives revolve around making people miserable. This is below-average thinking here.

>>90910358

Oh, yeah, he's also making fun of people he hasn't approved in the comments too. That's probably what's going on with your comment, it's being passed back and forth between him and his stooges to laugh at for being so bigoted or something.
>>
>>90910358
He determines whether you are worthy to post or not when you make your first comment. You'll get permitted or not. You're probably not.

He probably saw your comment as being negative and insulting him as a writer, cartoonist, and human being.

Start off with good, polite comments (using a new e-mail address) so he won't see you as a threat. Then you can post a little more freely. But not by much.
>>
>>90920573

It's like trying to make friends with a dog. Jesus.
>>
>>90908014
>Bowing to three persons is the sign of a strong ego
How much of a fuckin doormat are you ?
>>
>>90920573
I like Ana chronistic AKA sue aside.
She(?) keeps things light, and pokes fun at the main characters. They also humanize the "bad" guys a bit better than willis.
>>
>>90922121
He probably thinks he's doing it for himself.
>>
>>90918093
That would also imply that he doesn't have any shower shoes either.
>>
>>90922348
The always being first thing bugged me, but yeah the comments themselves are fine.
>>
>>90912247
You're fundamentally wrong, though.

Men should own like, 4-6 pairs of shoes, so they can have comfortable shoes, dressier shoes, and seasonally appropriate shoes (boots/sandals/etc.)
>>
I just had a wild and crazy idea.

What if Ruth and Mary tried teamed up to get Ruth caught doing something irrevocably worthy of being fired, regardless of how much Sir Clint has bribed Chloe? Mary's blackmail was always regarding whether or not Ruth would be fired, and at this point Ruth probably DEFINITELY wants to get fired from her job, especially if she can't be with Billie regardless of her work position.

And you could have an added complication of the girls in the dorm wing turning a blind eye to whatever antics Ruth does and Mary calls out due to their previously established shunning of Mary as well.
>>
>>90913820
I bet if someone asked him about Ruth's wardrobe for these strips saying what you said he would give a BS answer like "It's a Canadian thing LUL!"
>>
>>90910324
>>90913820
>>90926209
I think it's a Roomies/It's Walky throwback, yeah.
>>
File: 1488506419311.png (8KB, 450x401px) Image search: [Google]
1488506419311.png
8KB, 450x401px
>>90925535
i only own 1 everyday pair and 1 dress pair
>>
>>90926209
Fitted overalls aren't considered a fashion faux pas these days.
>>
So do you guys think Billie is off somewhere crying and drinking?
>>
>>90926679
They're better for people who are actually cute and sweet. On Ruth, it comes off as infantilization.
>>
>>90911640
The correct answer, Joe, was "I have multiple pairs so I don't end up like you, dumbass," not "muh fragile manhood"
>>
>>90926827
It really depends on body type. Take Billie, unless she was wearing really short overall shorts with a low top she'd look dumpy as fuck.
>>
>>90926921
>Billie
>Overalls
>No undershirt
My dick!
>>
>>90926122
This is why I wish /doag/ would turn out right about something and not cerb and her ilk. People in these thread regularly have Better ideas than willis.
>>
>>90927457
Mary, Dorothy, and Dina are really the only ones without the body type to pull off overalls. Carla, due to long legs and height, would look pretty fucking aesthetic in overalls with the right cut.
>>
>>90926842
Joe just acts like a dick in that whole strip.

If this was real life, I think most guys would just laugh at "Only girls own more than one pair of shoes" as the hyperbole for comedic effect it comes across as, rather than a genuinely held belief you should take literally and seriously. Is Joe autistic? Is Willis?
>>
>>90929074
I'm pretty sure that the context is Joe is hungover.
>>
>>90911640
They're both right.
I own three pairs of shoes, but I only ever wear one. I switch pairs when my current pair wears out entirely.
>>
>>90928082
Plus I don't think anyone wants to see Carla in overalls...
>>
>>90911640
So Walky really doesn't own more then 1? Must suck when winter time comes rolling around...
>>
>Bump limit hit

Finally. Get a new bread for when we get tonights newest strip.
>>
Aww, nuts. All our talk about shoes has sent this thread into auto-sage territory.

Well, I vote that if we're past Page 7 when the new strip rolls around, we should just post it to a new thread.
>>
>>90929411
It's not even 10 EST yet. this thread will be long gone by the time a Patranon gets the goods.
>>
File: 2013-01-16-manliness[1].png (359KB, 1000x333px) Image search: [Google]
2013-01-16-manliness[1].png
359KB, 1000x333px
>>90929074
Except in the context it's clear that Walky actually thinks and believes that and it isn't a joke to him.

I get that if you heard someone in real life say that, it would probably be a joke, because people are more nuanced. Willis characters are not nuanced.
>>
>>90929702
>Joe and Walky talking
>Walky and Dorothy talking
>Joyce reacting to Walky and Dorothy talking

Now THAT'S how you segue from one character to another.
Thread posts: 506
Thread images: 62

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.