[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where does it rank among the great Disney films?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: 12398489323.jpg (165KB, 982x768px) Image search: [Google]
12398489323.jpg
165KB, 982x768px
Where does it rank among the great Disney films?
>>
In the Trash
>>
still the best 3D princess movie
>>
>>90834307
My personal fav.

>>90834451
This for sure.
>>
>>90834307
It's meh. I can't see myself wanting to rewatch it. I'd quicker put on the black cauldron or oliver and company.
>>
>>90834307
I thought it was decent. Wouldn't call it great, there was nothing about it that especially stood out to me, except maybe the hair animation. And the villain was more sympathetic than the movie gave her credit for.

Better than Frozen.
>>
>>90834307
>Where does it rank among the great Disney films?

very highly. and mandy moore as rapunzel is probably my personal favorite voice acting performance, at least as far as disney/pixar stuff goes.
>>
>>90834307
It was alright. In terms of the modern ones it's
Moana>>>>>Tangled>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Frozen
>>
>>90834307

It was all right, not good, not bad.

The Tinkerbell series of movies was actually very good, but got killed by Disney for 'reasons'.

That said, the new TV show is looking to be STELLAR. The prequel they just aired was nothing short of amazing.

Cassandra for the win!
>>
>>90834878
Are you saying Frozen isn't the best princess movie?

>great characters
>unique plot
>subverts shitty love tropes
>gorgeous animation
>some of the best music in years

Y'all hate good movies for whatever reason, so I'll be in the minority, but deep down you know I'm right.
>>
>>90837456
>>90837456
>>gorgeous animation
hi anon. you're wrong. anyway, i hope you're enjoying your weekend
>>
>>90837456
>>>90834878
>Are you saying Frozen isn't the best princess movie?

Not him, but yes, that's what we're saying.

The best Princess movie was Snow White, and it was made decades ago.

Frozen was a decent movie, and they tapped into a vein of emotion with the sister's interaction, but it's not 'great' by any stretch of the imagination.

You want to talk great films?

Here's a list compiled by Roger Ebert twenty-six years ago. I watched these films almost two decades ago, on a dare by a friend.

I expected it to be a miserable slog, but.... Wow.

Nothing made in the last two and a half decades comes close to unseating any of these towering masterpieces.

You should give it a try:

http://www.rogerebert.com/rogers-journal/ten-greatest-films-of-all-time
>>
>>90838011

It this a subtle shitpost? Where did the irrelevant segue into non-princess films come from?
>>
File: d5c.jpg (36KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
d5c.jpg
36KB, 625x626px
>>90837456
HAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>90834307
In my top 5.
>>
File: 4.jpg (995KB, 3000x1660px) Image search: [Google]
4.jpg
995KB, 3000x1660px
>>90834307

It's good. And the new series is bringing it to new levels of comfy.
>>
File: cleveland-indians-tickets.jpg (160KB, 1365x1024px) Image search: [Google]
cleveland-indians-tickets.jpg
160KB, 1365x1024px
>>90837456
Frozen is Communist propaganda.
>>
>>90837456

Frozen was too up its own ass to subvert expectations and shit on other movies in the canon (Even though their chief complaint, the hasty marriage, is only in a handful of movies)

Tangled did all of that without smothering you to death with it.

And, upon reflection, Tangled had a better soundtrack too. Let It Go gets old.
>>
My personal top 5:

1.Lion King
2. Aladdin
3.Jungle Book
4.Emperor's New Groove

I can't decide between Tangled or Mulan for the #5 spot.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.