[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /co/ feel about this series? Any good?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: latest[1].jpg (229KB, 948x1451px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
229KB, 948x1451px
How does /co/ feel about this series? Any good?
>>
>>90813244
i can tell you right now i haven't read the series but now that i've seen the costume i will not read the series.
>>
Its ok. Not really into it, still better than most x-shit we gettin now
>>
>>90813244
It's Wolverine for little kids, it's completely sterile and as unoffensive as superhero comic can get, the artist can't draw action to save his own life and writer writes these situations and characters that are so bland and cliched.

I can't imagine a situation in 2017 where Logan could stab someone with his claws and they don't bleed, but we get this month after month in ANW.

I hope a super villain eats Johnathan on panel, it would be such a classic image.
>>
>>90813456
>>90813587
Is Laura in character at least?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-11-11-28-18.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-11-11-28-18.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
>>90813615
Nope, they moved her away from emotionless killing machine to girl with no actual personality.

I'm still enjoying the series all the same though, the last issue with Kimura was pretty good.
>>
>>90813244
>>90813615
Laura is distilled to her most boring personality traits,1) she's completely deadpan almost to the point of obliviousness to situations around her, 2) she's the wolverine now, which she'll remind someone at least every single issue, which means she just charges into shit like she's the fucking Rhino, just doing berserker barrage over and over in MVC2.

she also likes to remind all the generic security guard she beats up she's a person and not a weapon and has got her own clone character to pal around to be her little sister, even tho Laura is unaware of the fact that she's a psycho.

those cool character moments you got from the Yost and Liu books aren't here, and if you're sexually attracted to Laura, even tho they draw her boobs bigger now ANW has nothing to offer you outside the covers.
>>
it's a pretty fun book but would literately work better if Laura was like any other character at all
like one of the girls from Avengers Academy or New Mutants or one of the dumb kids who didn't get accepted in the Future Foundation
actually a perfect pitch for the abandoned Blade's daughter book

just not really Laura's personality or really good for her development
good book for young girls, not as good as Mayday but none will ever top hers
>>
>>90813615
Kinda, sorta. The writer makes an effort to keep Laura's voice and characterization consistent, with varying degrees of success. At the very least the writer is aware of Laura's past history and is respectful of it, so that's a plus. At the end of the day, at least imho, it still 'feels' like Laura, just one that's trying to move past being a festering sore of misery all the time. It's definitely more lighthearted than her previous runs. She's picked up a little sister/daughteru clone and lost her martyrdom complex along the way.

I would say that the biggest flaw of the series is that the writer has no dramatic flair. There's alot of situations where instead of playing it out to the hilt like previous Laura books would, the writer just takes an easy out. The art's also been kinda bad for the last few issues due to no regular artist, but it's picking up a new artist next issue and it's looking pretty good. Also costume redesign.
>>
>>90813615
>>90813931
>Kinda, sorta.
Lol no
>>
>>90813931
>Also costume redesign.
What does it look like?
>>
>>90813244
Its ok,there are some pretty cool moments and characters here and there.
>>
I love Laura, but that suit looks so dumb on her. I don't really mind her using the name, but does she really have to wear the exact same costume too?
>>
File: All-New-Wolverine-19.jpg (64KB, 718x1104px) Image search: [Google]
All-New-Wolverine-19.jpg
64KB, 718x1104px
>>90815763
>>
The writing is pretty shit. No overall arcs, very repetitive, no personality. I like the character and the costume works better for her than it ever did on him.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.