[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Collection

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: here it all begun.jpg (70KB, 300x434px) Image search: [Google]
here it all begun.jpg
70KB, 300x434px
Hi, /co/, it's been a few years since I discovered my love for comics, which started when I saw Man of Steel and I just couldn't stop reading, I read everything I got my hands on and so I encountered the good, the bad, the ugly and the great.

Today I come to share, with you, a bit of what I've collected, my personal recommendations and a bit of history, me being a fan of long stories I have collected a long saga that encompasses the DC Multiversal Story, the greatest story ever told that is still going to this day.

Also I'd like to ask you to help me fill the gaps between Flashpoint and current Rebirth.
>>
File: Part One.png (378KB, 800x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Part One.png
378KB, 800x1500px
>>90788504
Did you read everything on this list?
>>
The DC Story is pretty big and it goes on until this day without a proper closure, I'll share what I've gathered so far.

Act 1
Flash of Two Worlds
Jack Kirby's Fourth World
Crisis on Multiple Earths
Crisis on Infinite Earths
Animal Man by Grant Morrison
JLA
DC One Million
Countdown to Infinite Crisis
OMAC Project
Day of Vengeance
Villains United
Rann-Thanagar War
Infinite Crisis
Seven Soldiers
Final Crisis
Death of the New Gods
Final Crisis + Superman Beyond
Flash: Rebirth
Flashpoint

>>90788527
I helped the creation of that list.
>>
>>90788542
>I helped the creation of that list.
kek. Well, it was a good list that I used when I really dug into DC stuff. I liked it.
>>
>>90788542
Well this is the general story of DC Multiverse but I also collected some good comics, I'd like your feedback and suggestions.

Dial H by China Miéville
Aquaman by Peter David
Aquaman by Geoff Johns
Justice Society of America by Geoff Johns
Wonder Woman by George Pérez
Wonder Woman by Brian Azzarello
Doom Patrol by Grant Morrison (Way's DP looks cool too)
Camelot 3000
The Demon by Kirby
The Flash by Mark Waid
The Flash by Francis Manapul
Starman by James Robinson
Batman by Grant Morrison
Sandman by Neil Gaiman
Flex Mentallo by Morrison
Justice
Kingdom Come
All-Star Superman
Watchmen
>>
>>90788542
What about Zero Hour? There's also a pretty big saga leading up to that if you are looking for sagas.
>>
>>90788613
On a side note, I think The Book of Oa deserves it's own list because it's a long ass story and it sure ends on a pretty high note when I decided that it should end.

Emerald Twilight
Zero Hour
The Final Night
Day of Judgement
Green Lantern Rebirth
Sinestro Corps War
Blackest Night
Brightest Day
War of the Green Lantern
Black Hand's Vengeance
Rise of the Third Army
Wrath of the First Lantern

After this we went on with Vendetti and while I don't think it's BAD, I think it's not neccesary.

>>90788641
I don't think Zero Hour had a big impact regarding the DC Multiverse as a whole, at least not much that lead to anything hypercrisis.
It is, however, visited here.
>>
>>90788653
I guess.
To add to that Green Lantern list, the Death of Superman through his return and the destruction of Coast City is a good primer that Emerald Twilight directly takes off from.
>>
>>90788613
you and I think a lot alike and seem to have similar taste. Dial H is godly, read it if you haven't yet
>>
>>90788653
Moving on to Marvel Comics, shoutout to Secretcrisisbro wherever he may be for compiling this list, really inclusive and comprehensive and while it does lead to the secret wars, it also has some of the best comics written that came from Marvel

Marvels
Marvels - Eye of the Camera
Secret War
Secret War II
Earth X
S.H.I.E.L.D. (Cmon Hickman finish it FINISH IT)
Starbrand
newuniversal
Squadron Supreme
Exiles (62-65)
Ultimate Thor (1-4)
Ultimate Fallout (1-6)
The Ultimates (1-12, 25-30)
Life of Captain Marvel
Thanos Quest
Infinity Gauntlet
Thanos: Samaritan
Annihilation
Thanos Rising
The New Avengers: Illuminati
Dark Reign: Fantastic four
Fantastic Four: (FantasticFour570-FantasticFour588)
Future Foundation: (FF1-FF11)
Forever Family: (FF600-611 and FF12-FF23 Alternating)
We Were Avengers (Avengers 1-44 and New Avengers 1-33) they alternate at the end
Secret Wars

In /co/, Storytimes die in summer.
>>
>>90788778
Side not, I think if you have a headcannon that the Marvel Multiverse and it's story finished in Secret Wars, you end up rather satisfied, I know I am.

As for Marvel related suggestions.
Fantastic Four by Jack Kirby
X-Men by Chris Claremont.
New X-Men by Grant Morrison
Miracleman (Only the Alan Moore part)
Thor by Walt Simonson
Daredevil by Frank Miller

And I guess that's it, most of the good stuff is in the historical compilation.
>>
Rule of thumb, read evrything Jack Kirby wrote, take a look at that Kamandi, One Man Army Corps, EVERYTHING, the man wrote the best only.

And it's vital for Hypercrisis.
>>
>>90788613
Planetary and Stormwatch by Warren Ellis.
>>
>>90788857
As for upcoming parts of the collection, I'm waiting for.

Batman by Tom King
Superman Reborn
Deathstroke by Priest
Future Quest
current Nightwing
Grayson
Midnighter and Apollo
Cyborg
Hellblazer
current Green Arrow
>>
Swamp Thing is a must read. Both the Alan Moore run and the nu52 Soule run.
>>
>>90788999
if you want more multiverse stuff add Titans and Superman
>>
>>90789063
>>90788999
I would add New-Superman to the list if you want hypercrisis stuff.
>>
>>90789063
My TENTATIVE New Multiversal saga list is
Justice League of America (you know that shit one)
Trinity War
Forever Evil
Multiversity
Darkseid War
There's a big leap in Superman Titles that starts when Superbro dies and continues until now.
New Super-Man
Upcoming Batman and Flash titles.

I suppose Titan relates to Hypercrisis with the return of Wally, no?

>>90789068
yeah it's on the new saga.
>>
>>90789085
Keep an eye on Nightwing.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.