[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Jack has never killed a human Okay.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Jack and the Rock Monster.jpg (65KB, 615x460px) Image search: [Google]
Jack and the Rock Monster.jpg
65KB, 615x460px
>Jack has never killed a human
Okay.
>>
>>90777623
Jack broke the magical curse that had transformed the viking into a rock monster. When the curse was undone, he turned back to the way he was at the point when he was placed under the spell, physically unharmed.

However, he aged rapidly as time caught up with him. The viking died of old age, not from any wounds inflicted on him by Jack.
>>
>>90777875
He stabbed him in the gut
>>
>>90777875
jack set up the conditions for his death. manslaughter at the very least
>>
>>90777623
Such an underrated episode
>>
>>90777875
"Jack wasn't responsible" is a stupid argument, he was. Indirectly or otherwise, he wouldn't have died without Jack.

A MUCH BETTER argument is that the viking desperately wanted to die, he was giving him what he wanted.

However the bounty hunters lead by the princess were definitely human and definitely killed by Jack, Genndy retconning that to "they might not have been humans and they might not have died" kind of fouls a really, really cool episode. You have these legendary bounty hunters with their own ideas and personal histories bulit up and our main character massacres them all in seconds because he's that determined to prevent anyone from stopping him, and the message gets across without a drop of blood shown. If you go "they didn't die lol" the air of the episode is suddenly just a lot less... Intense and memorable.
>>
Well, he killed the 4-5 bounty hunters that rounded up together to kill him with that not-Mandalorian princess
>>
Shit thread, kill self, etc
>>
The viking was already dead, Jack just broke the curse. It's closer to letting a ghost pass on than taking a life.

No excuses for the bounty hunters though.
>>
He was a regular old samurai before the show, right? Samurai were real piece of shit mass murderers, like any feudal warrior-caste. Their job was terrorizing the lower (slave) castes and destroying anyone attempting to break free (eg. 'brigand', 'bandit', 'villain', literally just terms for "anyone not living in the city-state slave pen").
>>
>>90778300
What evidence do you have to support this?
>>
I'm still hoping the no kill business will show more nuance than they let on in the trailers.
>>
>>90778698
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBYXv97FuAY&t=67s
>>
>>90778811
He's clearly cutting everyone except Mira here, what reason would Mira have to not attack if he's "just knocking everyone out?"
>>
>>90778563
no, he grew up a warrior trained specifically to fight Aku
>>
>>90778563
Watch S1E1. He's son of the Emperor, trained to kill Aku.
>>
>>90778700
I'm hoping too, but Genndy admitting that he flat out forgot the Bounty Hunter episode and has to rewatch it on his own makes me worried.
>>
>>90781090
To be entirely fair, Genndy has animated *alot* of shows and a few movies and the original series was entirely episodic with the exception of the first three episodes strung along as a movie; unless he had some writers helping him with continuity and the like it's totally possible that he missed something.

Shit, Akira Toriyama forgot a major plot point of the Buu Saga that Gohan lost the ability to turn Super Saiyan as a trade off of his power up and in all the movies and new show, it's never brought up again or addressed. Sometimes no matter how good the creator is, especially if they help write *and* direct *and* produce this stuff, they may have a few gaffs here and there.

Also, there's still no blood, and Jack's survived in other instances pretty much everything he hit the bounty hunters with. Given that the show didn't lose it's Y7 rating back then, I'm *assuming* those dudes were written out as being knocked out cold.
>>
File: I_and_Am.jpg (13KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
I_and_Am.jpg
13KB, 210x240px
>>90778074
TOTALLY HUMAN!

but honestly I can accept that Jack didn't actually kill them, there was nothing to really indicate a killing blow and Jack is skilled enough to knock out some scrubs
>>
>>90777623

Saged and reported because you already made this thread and now you're just trying to bait obviously.
>>
>>90782976
Here's what I don't really get, why is the problem "I killed a human" and not "I killed a group of teenage girls that didn't have a choice about going after me"
>>
>>90782976
Still, I'd figure he could at least look at some summaries of the previous episodes to ensure he doesn't get tripped up like this. Nothing sucks more than thinking you're treading new ground with a character plot development only for fans to point out it contradicts previous plots you did. And Toriyama's a senile hack. You don't want to be that guy.

>no blood.
The Viking didn't bleed either and he definitely died. Based on Genndy's statements, I'd say it's more likely Genndy had them written out as "robots". Because it's takes some serious mental gymnastics to believe that when Jack is physically hitting people with his sword, he doesn't intend to kill them.
>>
>>90783303
>teenage girls.
I'm not getting this thing where people assume the daughters are teens. It makes more sense for them to be young adults if not Jack's age when he finished his training. They are the antithesis of Jack.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.