[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Silver Surfer starting point

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: SSNAME001.jpg (443KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
SSNAME001.jpg
443KB, 800x800px
The only thing I know about him is that he works for Galactus in some way or another (or maybe I'm completely wrong). What would be a good starting point to get into the character? I saw Silver Surfer: Requiem being praised by a bunch of people. Would that do it?
>>
>>90776803
The Coming of Galactus (F4 48-50) and the Buscema/Lee run should be good enough for starting out. Requiem is not a good starting point since it's about his death (it's not canon either).
>>
Parable by Moebius is also pretty amazing.
>>
Thanks fellas.

Any of these 3 woth the money (around 30-40$ each) ?

Silver Surfer Epic Collection: When Calls Galactus

Silver Surfer Epic Collection: Freedom

Silver Surfer Epic Collection: the Infinity Gauntlet

And thoughts on any of the more recent runs ?
>>
>>90777417
Not really.
>>
>>90776803
Fuck off with your rec-fagging cancer. You want to know to start, do your own damn research. It's not our job to hold your hand, you lazy retard.
>>
>>90777417
When Calls is the classic stuff. Pretty good starting point, but you can probably get the essential parts (FF 48-50, first 6 or so of Lee and Buscema) elsewhere.

Freedom is the start of the lengthy vol. 3, with really good runs by Englehart, Starlin, DeMatteis, and even Perez. Not sure if it's worth $40, but definitely a good read.

IG is Marz taking over for Starlin. He's on the title the longest, but I thought his was the weakest of the major stretches.

Don't know how easy it is to find, but I'd look for the CD of every SS issue from the 60s to, like, the 2000s.
>>
>>90777573
Nobody will ever listen to you if you keep coming off this aggressive and abusive, you know.
>>
>>90777640
And I suppose you'd have me just ask nicely? Yeah, I'm sure that'll work like a fuckin' charm. Idiot.
>>
>>90777786
>board is full of live action TV, cape movie, and twitter drama shit
>someone shows interest in comics
>throw a fit

Isn't it time we pulled the plug on /co/? We had a good run, but maybe we should call it a day.
>>
>>90779437
If any of these rec-fags had a genuine interest in comics, they'd have just looked up the relevant material themselves.
>>
The first SS Epic TPB has all of his pre-ongoing appearances in FF. Good start for backstory.

Epic V3 has the first 14 issues of the '87 series. HOWEVER, you can skip that and get Essential Silver Surfer V2 instead, which has #1-14 PLUS #15-20 on top of that.

From there, I'd recommend the Infinity Gauntlet omnibus, which collects (minus a few skip issues that are not a part of the Thanos arc) #34-60 and the Infinity Gauntlet ongoing and the Infinity Guantlet Aftermath TPB, which collects #60-66. The upcoming Infinity Gauntlet Epic will only have #51-66 and NONE of the Infinity Gauntlet mini-series.
>>
Silver Surfer: Requiem.

It's beautiful.
>>
>>90777573
>Fuck off with your rec-fagging cancer.

this

Read some shit and find out what you like. If your assumption is that 90% of comics is crap and you have to pinpoint the one story arc that was decent, well maybe this isn't the hobby for you and you should stick to your playstation games

Because I have never come on to /co/ to ask people what to read.
>>
>>90781592
Building on this, you might want to check out Silver Surfer/Adam Warlock : Resurrection after Infinity Gauntlet.
>>
>>90783998
IIRC that is in the Infinity War Aftermath TPB. Also not exactly casual friendly since SS/AW Resurrection is a sequel to a graphic novel that Marvel put out that had a super duper low print run and was never advertised AT ALL by Marvel even though at the time of publication, SS was at his peak commerically due to the Infinity Gauntlet/Infinity War success
>>
>>90776803
All of them.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.