[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Iron Fist Showrunner and Star Explain Inclusive K’un-Lun Society

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

>http://theurbanist.info/iron-fist-showrunner-star-explain-inclusive-kun-lun-society/
>K’un-Lun is a diverse place with people from all over the world—South America, Europe, Asians, and Caucasian people all reside in this place.
>"It’s a celestial city that exists in another dimension and because of that there’s nothing that we felt made it specifically Chinese or Tibetan. We certainly modeled it after Tibetan monasteries, but it felt like we just naturally wanted to open it up to make it a little more diverse just because it gives us a lot more options in writing about it, I believe. The entry to the city is somewhere in Asia but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an Asian city, wholly"

Kek can you imagine the rage from black people if they did this to Wakanda in the Black Panther movie?
>>
>...the city is somewhere in Asia but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an Asian city

Haha, diversity.
>>
>>90769669
Well it would hardly be the first city-state in Asia with a diverse population.
>>
>>90769669
>Iron Fist Showrunner
Considering the amount of shit that came out of his mouth for 3 years, this gun be gud.
>>
>>90769669
>because it gives us a lot more options in writing about it
As if they won't just have them all act like Tibetan's while gaining those sweet sweet diversity points.
>>
>>90769669
>"there’s nothing that we felt made it specifically Chinese or Tibetan.
>wanted to open it up to make it a little more diverse just because it gives us a lot more options in writing about it
>The entry to the city is somewhere in Asia but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s an Asian city, wholly"
FUCK CHINA
>>
>>90769669
Wait, what? What the fuck? That goes totally against the idea of Danny being an outsider.

If K'un-Lun is just a nice resort destination accepting all comers then there's no point in Danny being white either. There's no fucking adversity.
>>
>>90769669
This entire show is a mess. Just pull it before the episodes drop for the general public.
>>
>>90769991
You're assuming the rest of the population isn't there because they sought it out or are descended from people who arrived long ago. That angle is removed only if the place is loaded with people who accidentally fell in.
>>
>>90770397
>You're assuming the rest of the population isn't there because they sought it out or are descended from people who arrived long ago.

If you have a fuckton of people from all over the world there it completely changes what Kun Lun is. Danny Rand and his dad were special because they were let in. Orson Randall crashed there in a blimp thing when he was a baby. If a shit ton of people sought it out and were descended from people who did then there's no reason for them to treat Danny with any sort of contempt or suspicion which is one of the biggest influences on his character during his time there.
>>
So did they miss the point of Danny being a white boy outsider??
>>
>>90771619
The prospects of this being good decreases day by day. Then again it might turn out to be rad since both JJ and Cage were praised by critics yet they seemed mediocre to me
>>
>>90769669

how are they fucking this up so bad
>>
>>90771619

But it's offensive to suggest a white boy goes to the East and becomes a more skilled fighter than his Asian mentors. By having K'un Lun not be an Asian world filled with Asians, they avoid that.
>>
File: MasterKhan-FINAL[1].jpg (109KB, 700x883px) Image search: [Google]
MasterKhan-FINAL[1].jpg
109KB, 700x883px
To be fair, in the original portrayal of K'un-Lun there were multiple dark skinned inhabitants or former inhabitants of the city, and the language they spoke was their own and totally unrelated to Chinese (which Danny originally did not speak).
>>
>>90772119
>it's offensive
Is it really?
>>
>>90772327
No, it would only be offensive if it fell into the white savior cliche, which isn't relevant here anyway.
>>
>>90772015
>The prospects of this being good decreases day by day
The guy running the show was the show runner for the last two seasons of Dexter. Let that sink in.

I personally though JJ was great (if a bit bloated) and LK was ... pretty good (and EXTREMELY bloated). This? I'm not even gonna bother.
>>
>>90772119
Because asians are automatically good at martial arts? Who's the racist one here?
>>
>>90772015
I hated Jessica Jones and Iron Fist fills me with so much dread. I can't even imagine how bad it is if it's worse than Jessica Jones.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.