[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You are the new writer for Amazing Spider-Man. Your job is to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2639.jpg (230KB, 625x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2639.jpg
230KB, 625x960px
You are the new writer for Amazing Spider-Man. Your job is to Slott has down to Otto.
>>
>>90768231
I meant undo everything Slott has down to Otto.
>>
>>90768231
>>90768241
Wait what?
>>
>>90768269
Undo everything Slott wrote about Doc Oc.
>>
Just make him fat and write that Peter's DNA was unstable so he only has Otto DNA now… yada yada.
>>
File: gitout.jpg (30KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
gitout.jpg
30KB, 512x512px
Why would I do that? When was in continuity Ock ever interesting before SpOck?
>>
It was all a dream
>>
>>90768430
while the green goblin was dead
>>
>>90768231
I'm not undoing shit. I would just fix that costume a bit.
>>
>>90768333
Why would I do that?
>>
>>90768561
What would you change? The only bit I don't like is the glasses.
>>
>>90768682
To fuck with Slott
>>
>>90768695
There are plenty of ways to do that without undoing one of the few good things he's done in his run. Like devoting an entire arc to Judas Traveler and having Judas Traveler be responsible for Parker Industries becoming successful and have him secretly being the person responsible for most of the big events of Slott's run as he was testing Spider-man.
>>
>>90768737
I think this better.
Please continue
>>
>>90768231
If not for the nazi part, that costume would be amazing.
>>
>>90768686
The glasses for sure.
It looks too Spider-Man so I would open the top and mouth 90s headsock style.
The colors feel off, not sure what I would do.
I understand that they want to draw spider parallels but I would make the ock symbol look less like a spider
>>
>>90768231
Honestly, Id push him into a reformed science hero. This is Otto's 3rd or 4th chance at life. He has a completely new identity and isn't pidgeonholed into supervillainy. He's obviously in the mid-upper echelons of Marvel geniuses, why wouldn't he do good things?

Even better, NuBen could be his arch nemesis until he has a crisis of morality seeing the good Otto has accomphlished juxtaposed with the evil he's done.
>>
>Osborn ransacks New U's abandoned HQ and takes off with Ock's corpse (original body)
>Elsewhere, he injects an new version of the goblin formula into the corpse. Ock revives, his endurance increased, a slight healing factor and some superhuman stats (for the purpose of making sense, the mind swap was actually an advanced brainwash and Ock's brain's snapped back into being just Ock), also no arms since clone-body Ock has them
>Osborn makes him an offer he can't refuse: tell him Spidey's secret ID or he shuts down the formula (using stolen antidote from the time Peter depowered him) and he goes back to being dead
>Weak and cornered, Otto relents
>Osborn goes to screw Peter's life like he used to and keeps Otto on a tight leash
>While Osborn's struggling with Spider-Man, Ock lashes out at his 'boss' with concealed goblin weaponry
>Peter thinks Octavius' sympathetic due to having briefly been Spidey, but he's actually jealous that Norman's having all the fun for himself
>Ock refers to his mind swap as "the inane efforts of a senile, dying man" and proceeds to try and kill Norman
>Gobby was always sure this'd eventually happen and reveals he gave their location to a third party: the SUPERIOR OCTOPUS! Osborn slips away and an injured Spidey looks on while both Ocks duke it out
>SupOck overpowers the armless OG Ock and stabs him badly, leaving him for dead
>Otto comes back due to healing factor and mentally forces the arms to turn against SupOck and crush him to death
>OG Otto turns his attention to a defenseless Aunt May
>About to kill the latter, he freezes up, realizing the goblin formula's making him nuts, he'd never hurt May after all, either as Ock or as Spider-Man
>This gives Spidey enough time to use the goblin cure device on Ock... and instead of dying he becomes a regular human again
>Ock chastises him for risking to kill him, "some hero you turned out to be!" and Spidey wonders if the mind swap made them more alike than ever...
>Curtains, see you next time
>>
>>90768231
Undoing this would be insanely stupid. I don't like Slott's writing or execution but his ideas for Otto are great.
>>
>>90769032
>why wouldn't he do good things?
Cause he's a rotten prick

Also, not entirely related to Otto but just a random thought...I always find it bizarre how most super villains seem to KNOW they're villains, and relish in it, while in real life it seems 9 times out of 10 people who are bad guys generally believe they're the good guy
>>
>>90769702
That's because cape comic writing is simple and doesn't aim for reality or nuance. The Superior fad in Marvel right now (Hydra Cap, Spock, AXiS spin-offs, etc) is the most nuanced villain writing we've seen in years.
>>
>>90769702
He can be a rotten prick and not be a villain. Refer back to the early SpOck days where he was an effective and efficient Spider-man as well as Peter Parker.
>>
File: Jon excuse_me_whaaat.gif (2MB, 311x207px) Image search: [Google]
Jon excuse_me_whaaat.gif
2MB, 311x207px
>>90768231
>Your job is to Slott has down to Otto.
>>
So is this actually happening? Otto with a spare Parker body and his tentacles?

That's pretty cool, unfortunately Slott will find a way to ruin it
>>
>>90769702
>>90769859
I don't think Sinestro sees himself as a bad person, just a bad person that does bad things for the "right" reason.
>>
>>90770058
>Slott will find a way to ruin it
When he stops giving a fuck.
>>
>>90770095
He is Lawful evil
>>
Why is Otto Hydra now? Has he ever before been Hydra? I'm pretty sure he shouldn't be Hydra.
>>
>>90770243
Casuals know the name Hydra from the movies. Gotta put all the popular villains there to attract more people.
>>
>>90770243

Hydra took over his old hideout? so he went there saw them all, and decided to team up for better resources and such.
>>
>>90770243
Explained in the issue.
>>
File: 1486142252817.png (243KB, 382x417px) Image search: [Google]
1486142252817.png
243KB, 382x417px
>>90768231
>>
I'm pretty sure having Peter's body AND the goddamn tentacles put him at the very top of Spidey's rogue list.

He finally did it.
>>
>>90770497
Look Slott, it's never happening.
>>
>>90768231

i'm not sure how i feel about Ock having a Spidey body. I liked the contrast in their fights.
>>
>>90768695
>Bring Alpha back
>have him be an enjoyable character
>eventually get to the point where he's super popular and everyone loves and Slott's fat as is taking credit
>kill the character off for shock value
Easily done without messing up Otto. Say what you will about Slott, but the guy has written a number of things with Spider-Man that I actually enjoyed.
>>
>>90768231
>>90768241
Otto gets fatter again because little physical exercise
Him and Maria ends up collaborating because REASONS
By the end of the collaboration, Maria realizes Otto is, in fact, her Slim, and proposes to start anew if he goes to jail.
>>
>>90768231
what the fuck am I reading?
>>
>>90768231
Kill everyone, burn the city down. superman flies backwards in a deadpool v spider-man tie-in because LULZ go back to issue whenever-the-fuck you think slott took a wrong turn (you could call it his Albuquerque) and re-start from there.

Boom.

Why the fuck do people try to make things super fucking difficult and serious when turning back time in a comic book? "Presto-fucko-thatwritersuckedo re-do the timeline from here because bullshit reason x" would be my word-for-word reasoning on the info page.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.