[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BOOM Studios' Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Storytime

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 143

Last night, there was a thread storytiming the latest issue of BOOM's Mighty Morphin Power Rangers comic and some anons, surprised by how much they enjoyed the issue, asked if the earlier issues were worth reading. Having bought the first trade collection earlier this week, I'm of the mind that they are indeed and would like to share with any interested parties in order to promote the series.
>>
Another kind anon also offered to upload their copy of some Super Sentai Monster History books to a MEGA file, which I look forward to should they come across this thread. The Zyuranger and Dairanger monster concept art posted in the last thread was fantastic.
>>
These Goñi Montes covers are fantastic.
>>
>>
>>
>>
Sorry for the delay. Weather doesn't seem to be agreeing with my internet connection this morning.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Bump. Anyone gonna see the movie?
>>
>>90767306
I will if the review don't say it's complete trash
>>
>>
still waiting
>>90767306
>>
Excuse me, I don't have a watch. Can anyone tell me what time it is?

Thanks OP, I've been really curious. I appreciate the storytime
>>
>>90767306
I've been watching Zyuranger, Dairanger, and Kyoryuger with my kids and might like to take them if the movie has decent enough reviews from fans. I hated the suits initially, but they've surprisingly started to grow on me the more I see them.
>>
>>90767345
No problem at all!
>>
>>90767345
>Can anyone tell me what time it is?
It's time to count up your sins.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
My family and I haven't had the opportunity to visit family in friends back in the states for over a year now, but we're going to try to head down this June. We found out that the con where I met Doug Jones years ago will be happening during that time just an hour from our home town and that Jason David Frank and Amy Jo Johnson will be guests this year. I missed out on meeting the cast of Power Rangers when they attended a parade in my hometown when I was five, so it'd be kinda cool to finally meet them after all these years.
>>
>>
>>90767852
I wonder if they got invited to the movie premier
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
As I mentioned earlier, I've been watching some Sentai with my kids, but I've also been considering starting some Power Rangers as well. MMPR is pretty darn cheesy early on (What's up with the digitally added visual effects and onomatopoeia on Netflix?), with the Green Ranger's multi-part introduction being one of the standout stories. What are some arcs/series you guys would suggest?

I've watched a few episodes of DinoThunder with my son and liked it pretty well, probably going to continue that one soon.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90768134
I'd reccommend sticking with Dino Thunder and then watching SPD and RPM.
>>
Oh, should anyone be interested, Shout! Factory is currently airing Zyuranger through their free streaming service.
>>
File: HJsVK5L.jpg (63KB, 700x350px) Image search: [Google]
HJsVK5L.jpg
63KB, 700x350px
>>90768134
Twitch is marathoning all seasons starting past yesterday, still trough last season of Mighty Morphin
>>
>>90767306
Yeah my theater gave me a free ticket to see any movie so I'm using it on that.
>>
>>90768134
> (What's up with the digitally added visual effects and onomatopoeia on Netflix?)

Basically cause of when Disney owned the rights & censors today compared to back when the show originally aired.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mighty_Morphin_Power_Rangers_(re-version)

https://www.quora.com/What-does-reversioned-mean-I-saw-something-labeled-as-MMPR-Season-1-Opening-2-Reversioned-on-YouTube
>>
>>90768293
Thanks. We watched part of the first episode of Dino Charge, but after Kyoryuger, it was hard to get into how cheesily they adapted the villains and low-budget mystic E.T. with bad CGI dinosaurs didn't help matters.
>>
>>90768574
Huh. They're not on the Green With Evil DVD I picked up to watch with my kids., so I guess the Shout! Factory releases are unaltered at least.
>>
>>90768744
Yeah Shout! Factory always try to do right by fans and get the original broadcast cuts from the first runs during their time frames of original air if they can.
>>
>>90768744
Anyone else find it odd that they adapted Scorpina as being Goldar's sister in the US rather than being his wife as she was in Zyuranger? I guess people were potentially offended that a creepy alien scorpion monster who happens to have a cute human female form would be in a relationship with a male space griffin?
>>
Again, these covers, man.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90768134

Time Force is literally GOTYAY tier and I highly recommend It. Lightspeed Rescue and Wild Force are also fun
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90768744
They have the unaltered season 1 on Netflix too, at least in the US... the one you're watching is listed under "season 18". Try to adjust the episodes manually.
>>
>>90770777
Huh. I think previously it was just the altered episodes, but I do remember thinking it was weird it was mistakenly listed as something like season 18 at one point. It's been some time since I tried watching MMPR on there though.
>>
>>90768376
If rita can produce so many putties why did she run from the machine empire?
>>
>>90768134
>I've watched a few episodes of DinoThunder with my son and liked it pretty well, probably going to continue that one soon.
Dino Thunder is legit my favorite season - it manages to work as a totally self-contained story, and the few references to earlier seasons might intrigue your kids and make then curious about those earlier seasons. One thing though, it's a show that benefits from being watched in order, since it has a surprising amount of continuity for PR.

Have you watched Legacy of Power with them?
>>
>>90770896
Putties are generally ineffective. I think this case only seemed successful due to Scorpina ambushing Tommy alone.
>>
>>90770982
Cogs aren't any better tho
>>
>>90770982
My bad, I thought your reply was in regards to the current situation. I think what you were asking about was a sort of Kobayashi Maru situation where Zordon projected a simulation where the odds were insanely against them to see how they handle a losing battle, so maybe it's just hypothetical that she could possibly make that many?

If I recall, didn't they say that the clay Finster uses was in short supply in the original Japanese? I recall they had to excavate new sources to keep up Dora monster/Golem production and discovered a more powerful clay.
>>
>>90770966
>Have you watched Legacy of Power with them?
I think we got like five or six episodes into DinoThunder on Netflix before we started watching Kyoryuger and got swept up in it. That was the one that had Tommy's video diary, right?
>>
>>
>>90771037
It's the escalation of early PR, dude.

Super Putties and Z-Putties were both said to be stronger than regular Putties but were defeated just as easily, Tenga Warriors were said to be "the fiercest warriors in the universe" but then they jobbed to the Ninja Rangers, then Master Vile was like "I fed them magic snakes so they're 10x stronger" and Zordon was all "Now you have METALLIC ARMOR, which is really just lame glitter on your costumes", Zedd's monsters were "far more powerful than Rita's", but that was just an excuse to "upgrade" i.e. switch to the Dairanger mecha. Since they sold each Sentai set as a successive upgrade, up to calling the Turbo Megazord "THE MOST POWERFUL ZORD EVER CREATED", but the stock fights were really the same. The Cogs were supposed to be super-powerful, it's just the Zeo Rangers were even more super-powerfuler.

TL,DR: To sell toys.
>>
>>90771278
>That was the one that had Tommy's video diary, right?
Yeah. I'm curious what kids whose first exposure to most of the teams was through that would think, which ones if any they'd be curious about.
>>
>>
>>90771514
My son and daughter both initially took an interest in Power Rangers because of Imaginext's PR toys. While we were out at Target one night, they discovered sets of a Zord with its respective Ranger, so they got the White Ranger/Tiger Zord and Pink Ranger/Pterodactyl Zord sets. Since then, they've gotten the whole team and managed to misplace the Red Ranger entirely, haha. My son was excited to see both the Green and White Rangers in that montage, which is why I recently got the Green With Evil DVD when I saw it for $5 at Target.
>>
>>
>>
>>90771742

Mom tears off her face to become an evil controlling woman with a Madonna-style bra. How did Tommy NOT become a psychotic, sexually disturbed serial killer?
>>
>>
>>
>>90767306
on a matinee
>>
File: Original.jpg (135KB, 733x877px) Image search: [Google]
Original.jpg
135KB, 733x877px
>>90768134
>>
>>
>>
The comics I find are okay, they honestly feel like it depends on my memory on the actual tv show and doesn't feel like it stands on it's own.
>>
>>
>>
>>90772196
Well it is a tie-in comic, meaning it takes place as part of a larger story.
>>
>>
>>90767930
>Zack has a left middle finger

Disgusting.
>>
>>
>>90768653
Tommy doesn't believe in a no-win scenario.
He doesn't like to lose.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90766425
>>90766568
>>90767391
>>90767573
>>90768917
>>90771278
>>90771331
>>90773361
>>90773565
I would kill to see these guys do fanart for pre-Zyu Sentai series and other Henshin Hero shows
>>
>>
You know I always wanted an OOO and MMPR crossover for some reason.
Probably because the Medals and Coins being similar and all.
>>
>>
How well is this selling? I really like it for the stories, the art, and just because its the fucking MMPR. I would really like this to be a long running deal.
>>
>>90773836
With how they just happen to be able to whip up Rider/Ranger counterparts out of thin air in the Super Hero Taisen movies, I could see them having Zyuranger coin medals in a crossover.

>OOO: "Hey, Goakaiger, use these OOO keys for a new super attack!"
>Gavan: "Oh, hey Gokaiger, here's a bunch of Metal Hero keys you can use!"
>>
>>90771362
Then again, the cogs and tengas fought, and it was sort of a win for the tengas considering there was one standing and the cogs had bigger numbers. So I'll assume putties/z putties and cogs are on the same level and tengas are a bit more powerfull.

Budget aside Why didn't rita and Zedd star mass producing putties? They seem to be really easy and quick to make considering they are made with magic and cogs need resources to be assembled

All in all: Rita and Zedd jobbing to the machine empire = Bullshit
>>
>>90774078
Yeah, I'm definitely hitting up either B&N or my LCS this weekend for the second volume if I have time.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Bump for shit getting real.
>>
I'm going to have to cut it a little short and not post the Bulk & Skull back-up story, but I hope you've all enjoyed and will be sure to buy a copy of your own to support the title going forward. Keep the thread bumped for other readers as well as the anon who wanted to share the monster concept books with us. I'll catch you guys later.
>>
>>90774107
>Rita and Zedd jobbing to the machine empire = Bullshit
Eh, they'd pissed away most of their resources in their grudge match with Zordon. By season 3, Zedd was relying on Finster to make monsters, and most of their big victories of season 3 were due to Rito or Master Vile showing up. There's a line in one episode that implies Master Vile's forces were annexing Zedd's empire off-screen. So by the time the Machine Empire came around, they're left with nowhere to go and are forced to turn to move in with Vile before slumming around in an RV.
>>
>>90774945
Appreciate all the work Professor Zum, here's to hoping you post that Bulk & Skull story later.
>>
>>90766514
>Another kind anon also offered to upload their copy of some Super Sentai Monster History books to a MEGA file, which I look forward to should they come across this thread. The Zyuranger and Dairanger monster concept art posted in the last thread was fantastic.
yeah I'm uploading it right now series by series, I'll share it once I've gotten up through Goggle Five

>>90768376
they also have Dairanger up, hopefully Kakuranger isn't too far behind
>>
>>90775069
Don't worry, I'll be back later. I was amused to discover that they're doing a Squatt and Baboo back-up in the storytime for the new issue.

>>90775103
Awesome.
>>
>>90772337
but it isn't really even canon.
>>
I gotta ask, has the second issue of the Justice League/Power Rangers crossover been released yet? The first issue was pretty good, and left me wanting more.
>>
>>90775334
Issue three was last week,
>>
>>90775103
>>90775199
here's the link, currently has the first 6 Sentai series uploaded(Goranger through Goggle Five), will be continuing to upload the rest throughout the evening;

https://mega.nz/#F!Mp8hVQ7K!tm2cp0d9_GZiZdGaXt1nXw
>>
>>90775025
Which was retarded seeing how zedd can summon armies of monsters just by pointing his staff which is something no one else but vile can do

As for that line, vile just said that his general was conquering a dark star, and since zedd was "ruler of the dark galaxy" people made the conection , but I doubt if vile was annexing Zedd's empire he would be allowed to walk freely in his castle
>>
Thanks for the storytime. Surprisingly good series.
>>
That was surprisingly good!
>>
I've really enjoyed these comics, they've even made me turn around on a character I fucking hated before. My only issue with them is that they're more MMPR pandering when there are other seasons that could do really well with the... I don't even know what word I need here. But there are seasons I would have preferred get this treatment instead. At least they took a bad few seasons and made them good, seriously if MMPR was not the first it'd pretty low in the rankings I'd think.

If they ever get to In Space I hope they do a spin off, back up, whatever of what Andros and I guess Zhane were doing before the Turbo Rangers showed up on Astro Megaship. Like where the fuck did they get those morphers and why did they let four of them just sit around for so long? Granted I don't remember much about In Space, been too long, so no idea if they ever explained any of that.
>>
>>90775025
>slumming around in an RV.

If these comics ever get to Zeo I hope the back ups move from "The Adventures of Bulk and Skull" to "The Adventures of Rita and Zed"
>>
>>90778446
Which character?
Also the word you're looking for is Reconstruction.
By the way, Higgins actually tweeted that he wants to do Operation Overdrive (which is considered to be the worst season before neo Saban)
>If they ever get to In Space I hope they do a spin off, back up, whatever of what Andros and I guess Zhane were doing before the Turbo Rangers showed up on Astro Megaship
Boom comics take place in a different universe
>>
>>90775354
Has anyone storytimed issues 2 and 3? I'd check desuarchive, but, well, it's down right now.
>>
>>90778801
>Which character?

Tommy. I was that one kid that didn't like him and stopped watching for a while when he was introduced.

>He's a ranger but he's EVVIIIL
>He's not EVVIIIL any more so now he's the leader
>Everyone just accepts him regardless

I was a weird, see autistic, five-ish year old.
>>
>>90778630
It's possible. The new issue has The Adventures Of Squatt and Baboo.

>>90779159
>Everyone just accepts him regardless
Apparently the writer of this comic thought the same thing because they're all reacting differently to his inclusion on the team.
>>
Anyone watching the Twitch marathon?
>>
>>90779481
yup, Zeo's starting up
>>
>>90779159
You must've been annoyed when everyone was raving for him when he showed up, joined the team, became the White Ranger, and took the role as leader
>>
>>90779539
When I say stopped watching for a while I mean I came back when Turbo was on and the red ranger was black.

I ever tell you guys about the time I got baked into a giant pizza?
>>
>>90779159
To be fair, Tommy didn't become leader until like, a season later. Practically when Jason left, so it more or less panned out.

Granted, making someone like Billy the leader might have been smarter. He always had his shit together.
>>
>Mediocre Pink Solo Miniseries is finished
Who's next?
Any hopes?
>>
>>90775560
You are most excellent, my friend. One good turn deserves another, so here's that back-up I mentioned. I only wish I had something better than Bulk & Skull to repay you.

Two of these Battle Fever J concepts are literally just "Xenomorph with a big head" and "Darth Vader with Asian-inspired minor alterations".

>>90780334
Jason after he left, leading up to his return in the Turbo movie and Zeo (didn't the Pink mini randomly say he was on his own mission and couldn't be brought in to help?) or The Life & Times of Ivan Ooze.
>>
>>90781004
Wasn't Zeo before Turbo? And I honestly don't remember Turbo having a movie.
>>
>>90781226
I couldn't remember which came first, only that Jason later became the Gold Ranger in Zeo and, since I only saw it for the first time recently when I watched it with my son, that he and Kimberly make a cameo in the Turbo movie while scuba diving in the middle of the ocean for whatever reason. I honestly found myself enjoying the Turbo movie a lot more than I'd ever expected to after seeing how poorly MMPR: The Movie had aged in my eyes.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90781004
thank you, currently uploaded through Liveman and the second set of Designer Interviews;

>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90766425
Bump

Thank you based professor. I read the last issue but I had missed the previous storytimes.
>>
>>
May as well throw in the cover gallery because there are a ton of cool variants for this series.
>>
>>
>>
So reading this I am a little confused. I already knew about the alternate timeline thing but I just looked at the latest issue and that event happens at like issue 10. The ones left behind are super concerned about Tommy and Billy but why would they give two shits about Tommy right now? How do they already know about all the White Ranger stuff? Does that much change in the few issues from this to issue 13? Or is this just an entirely different series and this is like a mini series?

I am just confused. All I know is Kimberly in that story really REALLY wants the Jason David Franklin hotdog.
>>
>>
Important FYI to anyone who might be looking to buy the just recently released this week SPD season set. The stand-alone season set for SPD has NONE of the extras from the Disney DVDs.

When Disney initially released the first 25 episodes of SPD on DVDs, they included as a bonus, five shorts where each of the five SPD Rangers gave individual tours of their headquarters. The shorts explained backstory for SPD and their gear/academy and gave the characters some bonus character development. The shorts were included on the mega season set of S1-17 and the smaller scale set of SPD/Mystic Force/Operation Overdrive/RPM/Jungle Fury but they have been omited from the stand-alone set.

So if you have the original Disney DVDs or the mega set, you'll want to keep them for the bonus material.
>>
>>90781890
>How do they already know about all the White Ranger stuff?
They don't. Bad future universe tried to make the White Ranger to counter Evil Tommy.
Main universe hasn't begun making one.
>>
>>90781890
>why would they give two shits about Tommy right now?
I mean, he is a part of the team and on the mend from psychological attacks from Rita.

>Does that much change in the few issues from this to issue 13?
I've only read this trade and the past couple of issues, but this just contains #0-4. From what I can tell, Billy and Tommy end up in an alternate timeline where Tommy never left Rita's forces and helped her to conquer the world. Tommy's much older as Lord Drakkon, evidenced by gray streaks in his hair and older facial features, so it's obviously quite a difference in the time between when Tommy joined the team here and whenever the alternate timeline story takes place.
>>
>>90782158
Holy crap this was only 4 issues? Felt like 7+. Ok that makes more sense. A lot can happen from this till then.

Doesn't change the fact she want's Tommys Jolly Green Giant.
>>
Just ordered a copy of DinoThunder: The Complete Series for $11 on Amazon with free Prime shipping.
>>
>http://time.com/4704769/ricardo-medina-jr-power-rangers-murder-roommate-sword/
This is not the way to use your Ranger training, man.
>>
>>
>>90782466
>They know
>To only use their weapons for defense.
>>
>>
I found this guy's page recently and ended up saving so damn much of his art.
>>
>>90782466
>stopped watching PR after In Space
>came back for Time Force
>TF was so good I stayed around for Wild Force expecting more
>did not like WF and stopped watching PR after that because of this guy's character

Honestly not sure what to think. Horrible thing to happen sure. But what the fuck?
>>
And I'm always down for some Dustin Nguyen.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>90781507
>>90775560
update time, I've uploaded through Kakuranger(aka MMPR Season 3 and the Alien Rangers), and the third set of Designer Interviews;

>>
>>90782798
Dat ass.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
And that's all, folks! Once more, if you enjoyed our time here today, be sure to buy a copy for your very own to support the longevity of this title.
>>
>>90783395
thanks I'll continue uploading the Monster History books in the meantime
>>
File: 1486775179381.jpg (452KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
1486775179381.jpg
452KB, 1280x800px
>>90783484
Thank you kindly, my friend.
>>
>>90783951
your welcome
>>
and the stream just reached the point where Kimberly broke up with Tommy through a letter
>>
>>90766893
They kept the Bandora's Palace sign. Nice.
>>
The ideal conclusion for this alternate universe that the current Rangers are dealing with is the AU Rangers get the DaiRanger suits to beat Evil Tommy
>>
goddamm some of these covers are glorious
>>
>>90785757
The chat was beautiful
>>
>>90772337
kind of beats the purpose of alternate universe, don't it?
>>
>>90785757
>>90786538
Jesus, I wish I saw it.
>>
Wasn't there covers with Black and Red wearing the Green chestplate?
I might be getting confused with the toys.
>>
>>90787111
that's because both Black and Red used the Green armor during both Season 1 of MMPR and in Zyuranger
>>
Surely I wasn't the only one that saw the news?
>>
>>90787341
you mean Wild Force Red's actor pleading guilty to his manslaughter charges to get a lesser sentence(so only six years instead of twenty six to life like he was potentially facing)?
>>
>>90787408
Oh damn, I saw a pic and thought it was Tommy's actor...
>>
>>90781507
>>90775560
>>90782814
>>90783484
update time, now have all of Super Sentai Monster History uploaded, and as a bonus added Monster Books for GoBusters(skipped over for PR), Kyoryuger(Dino Charge), and ToQger(also skipped over for PR), am currently looking for similar volumes for Nininnger(Ninja Steel), and Zyuohger(probably also getting skipped over for Power Rangers usage);

>>
>>90772450
He's not even suppose to have a middle finger
>>
This comic reminds me a little of that Amit Bhaumik pitch for Power Rangers Hexagon, except with the ability to actually tell a story instead of bringing up past continuity.
>>
>>90788712
exactly my point!
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 143

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.