[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who/What is this?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

http://www.strawpoll.me/12540545
>>
Jack's vision of what he might become if he completely loses hope.
>>
>>90758221
Mad Jack, returned after jack lost his inner peace
>>
I was rewatching the episode where Aku is released by Jack's father and the sword is forged earlier --- Doesn't it kind of resemble the outline of the white armor he wears..?
>>
The spirit of the sword, which somewhat resembles Jack's dad since it was forged from his soul
>>
>Incredibly skilled bounty hunter that's responsible for Jack losing his sword
It's clearly this one, the flashback where Jack loses his sword is green as fuck just like OP's pic.
>>
>>90758322
What if it's Death personified?
>>
>>90758319
This, Jack was off the path of righteousness for so long the spirit of the sword was corrupted and took physical form.
>>
>>90758319
also the green glow matches the glow of the well the sword fell into
>>
I actually like the idea that it's just a rival to Jack who's more malicious, and who Jack kills in anger due to the rival making him lose the sword.
>>
File: 8-1486511511151_1280w.png (671KB, 1280x684px) Image search: [Google]
8-1486511511151_1280w.png
671KB, 1280x684px
>>90758221
Speaking of the major gods that appear in Samurai Jack, anyone think that the only reason why we see no Japanese God so far in this series is because these 50 years of hard work and toil by Jack is a trial set by the major gods to allow Jack to ascend into Godhood after defeating Aku?

Because in some Greek myths, some Greek heroes got rewarded with godhood either while they were alive or after they died.

Continuing on that train of thought, in the recent episode, Jack keeps hallucinating about some divine looking green themed Samurai General

>Hachiman (八幡神) Also known as Hachiman-shin or Yawata no Kami, he is the god of war and the divine protector of Japan and its people. Originally an agricultural deity, he later became the guardian of the Minamoto clan. His symbolic animal and messenger is the dove.

Either a Japanese God has finally shown up in this series or Jack is possibly seeing his future form either in the final battle against Aku or after he slays Aku and the major gods reward him with godhood.

Because Jack does resemble a White Dove now that you think about it.

Also, when Jack wants to relax, he usually imagines fertile farm fields full of crops and plants.

His childhood crush was also encountered on a farm if you think about it so a lot of Jack's good memories involve agriculture
And the Japanese War God, Hachiman, was originally a God of Agriculture as well.

So yeah, I really believe a Japanese God is now finally involved in this series.

Or Jack will become a Japanese God as he returns back to Japan to defeat Aku and then using his divine powers, heals the wounds of war left behind by Aku.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hachiman

In this way, Jack can be allowed to continue to exist after defeating Aku since by becoming a god, he can remove the paradox caused by himself existing by ascending into a higher dimensional being.

In Shinto, Hachiman was also a Japanese Prince just like Jack
>>
>>90759163
Do you really think Genndy would put this much thought into his cartoon?
>>
>>90758221
Skull samurai
>>
>>90758221
It's Jack from the future, trying to aid/stop/manipulate his past self's actions for some reason we don't yet know.
>>
It is the form Jack's mind has constructed to represent the ghostly assassin who has been tapping into Jack's exhaustion and self-doubt in order to drive him crazy. Kind of a mix between his father and who he would be if he didn't fail his task.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.