[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If SU had kept its original art style and kept Gennedy on as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 301
Thread images: 53

File: steven universe.png (445KB, 875x480px) Image search: [Google]
steven universe.png
445KB, 875x480px
If SU had kept its original art style and kept Gennedy on as director, do you think you would have enjoyed it?
>>
Depends. Is there less emphasis on the emotional angst of a bunch of weird aliens and an even stupider version of Bobby Hill?
>>
I enjoy it just fine already, even if it's been sort of shitty lately.

Not sure what it would be like if it was like that, would be way harder to animate and stuff. Would probably lead to lots more sloppy boarding and art work, if the boarders are having trouble with simpler designs these complicated ones would be butchered even worse.
Also Genndy just did the timing on the pilot I think.
>>
If they removed the storyboard driven focus, had an animation bible and hired actual writers I'd get back unto it.

I used to love the show but it's major flaw of it being an inconsistent mess that is all over the place kept becoming more obvious to me throughout the season and after Zukegate I realized just how stupid the development team really is and dropped ship.
>>
>>90754197
It would actually be consistently good at times then, and wouldn't be driven out with filler via Adventure Time.
>>
>>90754352
the fuck is zukegate?
>>
>>90754352
What is Zukegate? I google it, but I can't find a definitive answer.
>>
>That Pearl
fuck no.
Just get some standards for the current style.
>>
>>90754419
>>90754455
One of the storyboarders was fired because she tried to force in her shipping despite it being clumsily done and Sugar told her too stop it.

Not even joking.
>>
>>90754471
who was she shipping? also links?
>>
File: zukegate 1.png (3MB, 2850x1844px) Image search: [Google]
zukegate 1.png
3MB, 2850x1844px
>>90754492
This was a not so subtle rant she had in an alt tumblr account.

She later admitted to doing this on her main tumblr account but I think she deleted it after everyone wanted her blood.
>>
File: tumblr_ncfq0nsuxq1tw5fsoo2_500.gif (896KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ncfq0nsuxq1tw5fsoo2_500.gif
896KB, 500x281px
>>90754471
If this is real.

I will bust a gut laughing.
>>
>>90754197
I like SU as is, but a more tightly paced, better written, weirder/better looking, more ambitious Steven Universe with Genndy on board would definately be pure kino.

As is Steven Universe is hovering between A tier and B tier, nowhere near S tier but still very very strong, but dragged down by shitty filler episodes, bad pacing, and inconsistant characterizarion on some characters.
>>
File: exit.png (15KB, 337x324px) Image search: [Google]
exit.png
15KB, 337x324px
>>90754471
Fandoms were a mistake.
>>
>>90754572
>Zuke agrees with fucking Tumblr Rapyverse of all things
>>
I hate the pilot's art style so no.
>>
>>90754577
It's real. If you go to tumblr and search the tag "lauren zuke" you will find evidence of the fighting and discourse.

Some people are defending her because they like the Lapidot ship. Some people are giving her death threats because they don't like the ship.

Not one person is upset about this because maybe trying to force in a romance between two characters that not only just met but have had bad history with each other is bad writing.
>>
>>90754577
Lauren herself confirmed that there are only 5 more episodes she boarded left to air
>>
Wait, Genndy worked on the pilot? Fuck, didn't even know that. Why did he leave the production staff?
>>
>>90754467
Makes sense. She wanted to be all up in Rose's butthole, so why not try to look like the person Rose loves, a human male?
>>
Even if it was shit, I'd like it way more. That art and animation was fucking beautiful.
>>
File: RebeccaSugar.png (236KB, 500x667px) Image search: [Google]
RebeccaSugar.png
236KB, 500x667px
>>90754197
if they added some male gems and toned down the lesbo stuff then yeah
>>
>>90754716
He was never really a part of it, just did some work on the pilot then went on his way. To my knowledge he never had any involvement in the show.
>>
>>90754819
No True Scotsman
>>
1.) Better art

2.) Turn it into a story about a boy and his place in a war between aliens

3.) Far less lesbian angst
>>
>>90754197
I wouldnt know because
A)Genndys SU would be something completely different
B)SU was rebeccas vision,not genndy.
I cant see Genndys SU having the same lore or the same characters or the same pacing.
>>
>>90754419
>>90754455

It's just a /sug/ meme. Everyone over there thinks one of the boarders, Zuke, was trying to push some ideas that were too much of her own into the show. They blame her for the stunted character growth that has become of Peridot and Lapis and think her episodes are becoming sloppy. I don't care one way or another about it, but it has been pretty much accepted fact to blame Zuke for everything on /sug/
>>
>>90754819
Fuck off nerd, that would totally ruin the Sailor Moon alien goddess angle the show has going for it, which is actually pretty nifty.
>>
>>90754197
Genndy wasn't director are you high
>>
>>90754197
I'd love it. But I also love what we have now. Even with all of its flaws, a lot of the stuff I dig about the show probably wouldn't exist in the version that's being proposed. And there would be other kinds of flaws we wouldn't have been able to foresee because that's just how things work.
>>
>>90754884
nice damage control zuke
>>
>>90754884
I think her episodes are fine really.I dont bite the "memebarn"stuff but if she really got fired due to lapidot,i would think shes pathetic.
>>
>>90754884
>It's just a /sug/ meme.
She literally admitted to doing it and she is fired.

Kind of goes beyond "meme" status at that point.
>>
>>90754909
animation director
>>
>>90754819
>some male gems
Who is Steven?

also I still find it funny how many nerds are insulted by a single gender race that appears all female and yet they have no problem with Namekian
>>
>>90754572
If I had editing skills I would photoshop Zuke's face onto the body of Fairy Godmother from Shrek 2 as she's pouring in the Lust.
And then have Lapis, Peridot, and Sugar on Donkey, Puss, and Shrek's faces respectively
>>
>>90754197
of course

but about the same amount on people on /co/ would hate it, a small number would actually change opinion going both ways but most of the people against it would stay against it because they are contrarians
>>
>>90754965
How dare I vary my vocabulary once in a while, sorry.
You're a nigger faggot who fucks their gay tranny mom all night long, and you have shit opinions about cartoons too.
>>
>>90754975
All-female alien race is a sci-fi cliche almost as old as the genre itself. fucking underageb&s
>>
>>90754197
Yes

>>90754716
We wised the fuck up and jumped ship
>>
>>90754975
Honestly, I think most people just don't even remember that they were an asexual species, given how few women of any sort there were in the show.
>>
File: GAY.jpg (79KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
GAY.jpg
79KB, 1280x720px
>>90754975

steven is really a woman (his own mother)

does that really count as a male gem?
>>
>>90754419
There's no zukegate, one of the show's best storyboarders lauren zuke quit the show after getting death threats from twitter users, particularly Amethyst/Peridot shippers last September. It was a shame, because she was one of the show's best artists, and was 4chan's favorite storyboarder up to that point. Hell, she boarded "Catch and Release" which was just perfect.

>>90754572
Most of the quotes in this image are from an entirely different artist.
>>
>>90754942
Seems like it's what went down. Just from reading this >>90754572
I can tell she handled this whole situation horribly.
>>
>>90754197
Hell yes. A real, pro animation director around to whip those millennial storyboarder shits into shape is exactly what the show needs.
>>
>>90754975
I wasn't bothered by the all-female race. It was when they said they would never make a male gem (aside from half-human steven, obviously). It just struck me as weird that this show about being who want to be never had at least one gem decide to form as a male.
>>
>>90755278
It's more like they naturally form with female characteristics.

Gems don't look like women, women look like gems.
>>
File: 1480965608578.gif (1MB, 640x358px) Image search: [Google]
1480965608578.gif
1MB, 640x358px
>>90755204
t. zuke
though i know you can't actually be because zuke would get triggered by the mere sight of 4chan's homepage
>>
>>90755358
Zuke definitely used to browse /sug/, people talked about her sometimes and she would make little references to what they were saying. Rebecca Sugar and Matt Burnett are definitely on /co/ and I wouldn't be surprised if Ian was too.
>>
>>90755460
I get the impression that Ian was getting pretty annoyed at everyone's bitching over SU, I don't think he would care to stomach /co/. Maybe in the past but not anymore.
>>
>>90755278
I've heard Q&A's with Sugar and Ian where they've reinforced that Gems are genderless but also that if a Gem wanted to be referred to with male pronouns that it would be fine.
>>
>>90755494
I think he was only annoyed when people made personal attacks
>>
>>90755278
Purple Puma is male.
>>
>>90755204
>Most of the quotes in this image are from an entirely different artist
Nah they all came from her private blog
>>
>>90755358
Doesn't anyone remember that zuke was 4chan's favorite storyboarder for a long time? I remember every zuke episode received crazy hype, and there were hundreds of
>can't juke the zuke
posts daily. What a shame that she got targeted by Amedot shippers. I've been on /co/ long enough to remember Zutara shipping in it's prime, and I never thought any group could be more toxic than that.

Honestly who gives a fuck about who Peridot ends up with, I'll watch anything as long as the person behind it can actually draw, and zuke was probably the second-best artist on the show after Sugar.
>>
>>90755693
I hate Zuke because I would fucking love to be in the industry and she got lucky enough to get a gig on one of the biggest cartoons on TV right now with no previous experience and threw it all away for shipping. That's insulting to people who actually work and strive to work on a tv show.
>>
>>90754868
Doesn't apply in this case, and even if it did, you'd have to explain why.

It doesn't apply because the argument isn't "no feminist acts like this because anyone who acts like this isn't a feminist". The argument is "you shouldn't call these people feminists because they are an undesirable group of people compared to this other group of people".

One is an attempt to define a group's behavior, while the other is an attempt to refine vocabulary.
>>
>>90755627
so, someone else's blog right? if you can't prove it's her then it's not worth discussing as evidence.
>>
>>90755756
>Someone made a private blog months before Zuke left SU to frame her and make her look like some diehard shipper who is obsessed with lesbian representation in media even though all previous attitude she's expressed on social media points to that being her actual personality

Yep, that sounds MUCH more plausible than a typical libitard artist throwing a tantrum over "muh diversity" issues.
>>
I just hate the character models changing. Peridot is the biggest offender, also why the hell did they make Connie shrink too? It's so jarring to see Connie tall in the intro, and then look like a 3rd grader in the actual show
>>
>>90755727
she didn't throw it away, she quit because she was getting death threats from shippers for not supporting Amedot.

She got into the industry because she's a great artist, if you can learn to draw like her you might get a chance too.
>>
>>90755810
You don't really think Zuke was fired from tv's gayest show for being too gay, do you?
>>
>>90755867
>She got into the industry because she's a great artist, if you can learn to draw like her you might get a chance too.
>Thinking all it takes is good art to get into the industry

Also, where is your confirmation on the death threats thing. An attention whore like herself who says she's deleting her Twitter because of shippers would sure as hell have complained online about them harassing her and how she's quitting SU because of it.
>>
>>90755905
>Fired =/= left
She left because she's a baby. She didn't get fired.
>>
All the show needs is to not be storyboard driven. It would be great if it was. I get where Sugar is coming from, but I really, really think the execution hinders the quality. Which is a shame, because the characters and story are great.

Oh well. Notes for when I have my show.
>>
>>90755743
I never visited /sug/ so I wouldn't know.
My problem isn't about shipping, I don't give two shits about that. My problem was that the barn episode and Peridot and Lapis friendship felt very rushed and clumsily handled.

And when I heard that this was because someone would rather force in a stupid pairing at any cost rather then trying to make a natural and well developed arc and relationship, then yeah, I am a little peeved.

Zuke isn't the only person who wrote a bad episode, hell most all the storyboarder have shit attached to their name, but the reasoning behind said bad writing was so stupid it made me realize why I dropped something like AT in the first place: Letting a bunch of fans free to do what they want, all with their own personall agenda, all wanting a different direction goes against the good of the show itself.
>>
>>90754577
well today is your lucky day
>>
>>90755727
>That's insulting to people who actually work and strive to work on a tv show.

What's really insulting is when talented but fragile artists can get death threats and stop creating content. Zuke's episodes were great and thanks to the shitheads we only have a few more new ones left to see.
>>
>>90755204
they literally came from her private blog with I am Lauren zuke in the description box
pls shut the fuck up
>>
File: 1489179505600.png (327KB, 663x459px) Image search: [Google]
1489179505600.png
327KB, 663x459px
>This thread
>>
>>90756148
And thank god for that. Soon we'll enter a new golden era.
>>
>>90755867
where's your proof of these so called death threats hmmm
>>
>>90756119
What's even more insulting is that an artist is so fragile, death threats on Twitter cause them to quit a once-in-a-lifetime fucking job at a big network studio on a critically acclaimed show.
>>
>>90756163
Not him but it's tumblr dude.
They're /pol/ and /b/ levels of degeneracy dude.
>>
>>90754819
>if they added some male gems and toned down the lesbo stuff then yeah

nigga you gay?
>>
>>90756162
Other than Rocknaldo which was trash and Know Your Fusion all of her episodes were pretty good.
>>
>>90756119
I agree that getting death threats solely because of shipping faggotry and SU fans as a whole are retarded.

However, trying to force in a shipping for your own personall agenda to a point you were willing to make a very dumb and awkward episode to get your way is also pretty dumb.

I think Zuke should be fired and is an idiot but people seem to hate her for the wrong reasons. I don't think she's bad because of shipping characters, I think she's bad because she thinks shipping characters excuses bad writing.
>>
>>90756274
I haven't been feeling her stuff as much since like after Log Date. Used to be good and drew a damn fine Amethyst but she dropped in quality pretty quickly, though who knows, maybe I'm projecting the overall quality drop of the show as a whole imo as being all on he shoulders.
>>
>>90756025
While the storyboarders come up with all dialogue and scene composition, Steven Universe's team of writers produce a four-page outline for the boarders to translate into drawn art. Here's the outline for Lion 3: Straight to Video:
http://ben-levin.tumblr.com/post/128851455980/hi-ben-i-know-steven-universe-doesnt-use

All the episode's major plot-points are described in the outline. I'd wager "Beta" (what you faggots call the 'memebarn ep') was the exact same, and that Zuke is being unfairly shit on since she was just drawing the plot the writers gave her.
>>
>>90756413
It's saying the script has been removed. You or anyone else wouldn't have happened to download/screencap it?
>>
>>90756495
Here y'go
http://pastebin.com/uzWR6Rfi
>>
>>90756274
Zuke is still a good storyboarder (meh artist as a storyboarder), but she straight up broke Lapis and Peridot as characters. It goes beyond Lapidot, 90% of the outrage over Lapis's character arc is because Zuke Lapis is a completely different character from Crewniverse Lapis.
>>
File: daff.png (519KB, 719x699px) Image search: [Google]
daff.png
519KB, 719x699px
>>90756413
All dialogue and major events are still decided by the stoyboarder in the end and they can choose to take out and add their own scenes.

That said, the whole episode as a whole seemed dumb so yes maybe Zuke did get more blame then it was deserved when it was more of a collaborative failure. I put specific blame in one artist when in reality I should've spread my hatred to the WHOLE SU team.

I admit to being wrong anon, however my disappointment for this show only grows.
>>
>>90756575
I. I want this job. This is the job for me. Holy shit.

Thank you so much, anon.
>>
>>90756650
Beta wouldn't have been bad if it weren't for the characterization, which was 100% Zuke.
>>
>>90756712
Don't get me wrong, Zuke is still a fucking idiot. But just look at this shit >>90756694
>Write what is barely a page of an outline
>Barebones summery
>After that all responsibility is given to someone else
>They don't even have to follow through with most of it if they feel like it
This is there "writers".
Everyone seems to be a piece of shit, Zuke just had the flaw of deciding not to hide it.

Truly, this show was doomed from the start.
>>
>>90754197
Wait, he was a director at one point?
>>
>>90756820
Just the animation director on the pilot. He was probably just a trusted hand Rebecca reached out to for help and never intended to work on the series proper
>>
>>90754197
The fight's would be a lot better. It'd still be shit, but it'd be stylized shit. Kinda like RWBY.
>>
>>90756884
>RWBY
>any sense of style to speak of
SU's shitty art at times is leagues above RWBY's shitty everything other than waifus
>>
>>90756803
I wouldn't say SU sucks. It's crippled by a team that doesn't have the experience in the industry needed to make a lot of Sugar's high concept ideas translate, and struggles with the weight of its autistic fanbase and the pressure that other groups put on it as "the one progressive cartoon about the gay people", but it's still some top notch stuff. It lacks the polish of, say, peak Gravity Falls, but has better momentum behind it. Whether that makes it better or worse really depends on how much you value artistic experimentation over form and polish.

Basically it's Yeezus vs. 1989. Flawed execution of a high concept or good execution of a tired space.
>>
>>90757105
I don't completely agree with you but this may be the best analysis of SU that I've ever seen on this board. Especially those last two lines.
>>
File: what the fuck.png (171KB, 708x444px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck.png
171KB, 708x444px
What the fuck happened after gem drill? What caused the quality to drop so drastically? It couldn't have been ONLY Zuke, right?
>>
>>90757105
That's honestly a good way to look at it.
Sadly, while I love experimentation from the norm, I'm in team "polish".

Anyone can mean well and want to be different, not everyone can actually make something work.
>>
>>90754197
I hated the design for pearl in the pilot. She looks like a tumblr dyke wearing a diaper.
Go bird or go home.
>>
>>90754197
>Gennedy on as director
This actually has potential.
>>
>>90757258
It works for early series Pearl, where she's an above it all wannabee space elf, but the more we learn about Pearl the less this design fits her.
>>
File: 1475949161832.jpg (45KB, 425x376px) Image search: [Google]
1475949161832.jpg
45KB, 425x376px
>>90754197
Genndy Tartakovsky was almost the director of SU?
>>
>>90757367
According to the wiki all he did was work as the timing director or something for the pilot, he was never that involved in it.
>>
>>90754197
The pilot's art looks too grotesque and even more tumblr, so no.

And Genndy was barely involved in the pilot.
>>
>>90754352
If they did that, you'd get formulaic cartoon writing. SU's writing is pretty unique and often way more characterizing. I'm fine with the writing the way it is, flaws and all.
>>
>>90754948
Actually it sounds like she quit, which would make her pretty damn stupid.
>>
>>90757584
How would doing something that barely any kids cartoons do make it formulaic?
>>
File: i keep it real.png (436KB, 500x428px) Image search: [Google]
i keep it real.png
436KB, 500x428px
>just whatched Mr Greg.
that shit was seriously fantastic.

was that the peak of the series? what has this series left for me?
i saw the "steven meets his fake mom" episode when it came out and was really disapointed by it.
>>
File: ff4.png (33KB, 690x690px) Image search: [Google]
ff4.png
33KB, 690x690px
>>90755278
>It was when they said they would never make a male gem (aside from half-human steven, obviously).
They never said that. Nice bait, though.
>>
>>90756803
You do know a ton of other shows are board driven too, right you faggot? Literally every show that says "Written and Storyboarded by" when crediting artists shares the same process.

Star Vs, SpongeBob, PPG (the good one), Samurai Jack, Harvey Beaks, Adventure Time, We Bare Bears, etc. are all produced just like SU.

Though SU made the mistake of hiring SJWs as writers.
>>
>>90757210
It wasn't only zuke but everyone likes to blame her for it anyway, the problem is the whole team and Sugar not keeping things reigned in and letting everyone do their thing.
/co/ can be just as two faced and bitchy as tumblr sometimes, I am gonna laugh when the show still progresses into shit with more bad forced characterization and everyone jumps on yet another story boarder.
I mean this kinda shit has happened about 3 times already, it's just that Zuke is the latest scapegoat.
>>
>>90757687
Plenty of cartoons have production bibles and dedicated writers though. What are you talking about?
>>
>>90757802
I was more talking about removing storyboard focus. Hardly any kids cartoons are script driven.
>>
No. A cartoon about a retard and his harem of lesbian gems is not a concept that would ever get my attention, even if Chuck Jones came back from the dead to direct this.
>>
>>90756820
timing director in the pilot. He didnt have any real influence on the show
>>
File: 1478228067128.jpg (46KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1478228067128.jpg
46KB, 480x480px
>>90757688
we've not had anything good since Gem Drill, or, debateably, Mr. Greg.
Mr. Greg did fucking nothing for me. The songs were only OK and the purpose of the episode was to make the show less difficult to write by removing one of Pearl's character traits. I don't understand what all the fuss is about.
>>
File: 1487413581614.png (29KB, 250x236px) Image search: [Google]
1487413581614.png
29KB, 250x236px
>>90757688
Next week's episode is gonna be nuclear.
>>
>>90757866
The kind of emotional journey shown in Mr. Greg is not typical for cartoons. If you don't appreciate it now, you may later on.
>>
>>90754197
Sure as long Garnet kept her giant fist gauntlets. I like them
>>
>>90754969
*leans into mic*
*timing director
>>
File: 1452898647756s.jpg (2KB, 104x125px) Image search: [Google]
1452898647756s.jpg
2KB, 104x125px
>>90757889
i had no internet for the last 2 weeks, did SU got back its groove?
>>
>>90758008
Next week is a Lion episode, so something Rose-related is going to be revealed.
>>
File: 1434685597152.jpg (63KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1434685597152.jpg
63KB, 640x480px
>>90758098
>its a Rose-related episode

fucking hell not again
>>
>>90758098
How the fuck are they going to top "Steven just expositionally tells Rose face-to-face his entire character arc"? What else do they have to explore outside of a flashback of her shattering Pink Diamond?
>>
>>90754197
I wouldn't have dropped the show so quickly that's for sure. It's got nothing going for it now.

The animation is shit.

The music is just Sugar fucking around with random instruments or her fucking ukulele.

The story used to be good but they can't do SoL anymore. Even the hardcore fans admits it's gotten terrible. The plot development episodes are kind kf good but the story has so many fucking plot holes.

And the fusing got way too fucking creepy. DBZ did fusion well. Digimon even pulled off fusing well. SU fusion is just too fucking sexual.
>>
File: 1457479948677.jpg (4KB, 111x122px) Image search: [Google]
1457479948677.jpg
4KB, 111x122px
>>90758098

That didn't answer my question, were the 2 previous episodes good or not?
>>
>>90758202
>>90758008
Lion 3 was really heavy, so the hype for Lion 4 is monstrous. If you're into action you may not be satisfied, I think it's gonna be more of an emotional ep.
>>
>>90758274
no.

Well the last one gave Lapis somewhat of a personality and has some meme quality to it because of a certain Ruby.
>>
>>90757865
The pilot has a very distinct nuance of Gennedy's touch for writing and pacing. I think he did pass on some ideas to Sugar during production. Even the slight way characters look at each other (Amythyst secretly passing the orb to Steven) feels way more subtle than anything in the show and it's constant chibi bodies and anime expressions.
>>
>>90758284
>I think it's gonna be more of an emotional ep.
That's literally every ep of SU. They've never had an action episode.
>>
>>90758274
They had their worst episode of the series. Rocknaldo was a fucking trainwreck and basically killed any hype for non-plot development episodes. SU SoL is dead
>>
>>90758309
Can we talk about this more? What happened to season 1's more experimental angles, vividly shaded colors, and cozy atmosphere? What happened to the more nuanced dialogue and exposition, and the characters who don't act like parodies of themselves?

I want to know who got fired since all this got thrown out the window.
>>
>>90758384
steven became a long runner, thats about it.
nothing really to discuss is just natural, this series should've ended already and it just keeps going.

fuck the fucking rubys jesus.
>>
>>90758332
I know of rocknaldo, didn't watch it like i didn't watch onion gang, i was curiuos about the episode after that, wasnt that a wrestle episode?
>>
>>90758309
The actual show has plenty of very subtle character interactions though. SU has characters reacting to stuff way in the background or off to the side and it's done in an organic way you don't usually see in cartoons.
>>
File: 587.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
587.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>90758327
Super watermelon island?
>>
File: large.jpg (59KB, 550x780px) Image search: [Google]
large.jpg
59KB, 550x780px
>>90758384
I have no idea where the shift was made because that change happened even with the original crew. I really want to say part of it was Ian JQ because he fucking loves Dragonball Z and Nintendo and the show post pilot starts to feel more and more like Mario: The TV Series. I want to guess that because Sugar dates Ian and he has a lot more experience as a director than Sugar, she naturally trusted him to guide her for TV production. I could be totally wrong, but this is the only theory I can think of that makes sense. Because a lot of the show's acting and art direction feels distinctly un-Sugar to me.

There's still the notable cries of outburst and characters tearing up that she is known for, but everything else? Not so much. It feels like she's just another storyboarder on someone else's show, honestly. And I had immensely high hopes after the pilot. It felt like an indie comic brought to life. The colors, the characters. Steven even had a bit more attitude to him. He didn't put up with Lars shit. Now he looks like he wants to suck Lars' cock at every chance, no matter how awful Lars is to him.

That moment where a fight with a Gem monster breaks out and Steven frantically rolls up his shirt and starts to slap his belly with panicked eyes is so fucking good. It looks like Sugar's sketchbook brought to goddamn life. In the new show (Before he gained control of his powers), Steven would probably just stand in place with his legs and arms spread apart and go "WAAAHH!" like a fucking Pokemon character. And he'd probably be off-model to boot.
>>
>>90758384
The show has taken a serious dip since Ian the animation director left.
>>
either Sugar and her fag hag crew get their shit together and finish the show on schedule, with minimal filler episodes, or the show is doomed to be another victim to DEEPEST LORE like Adventure Time

think now, what feels like a reasonable timeframe to wrap this thing up? 1-2 more seasons, or more? What does the plot actually lead to, what will the resolution be to the central conflict, will the rare character development actually be relevant to future events?

because every time I think about it, I see a show that seems more slice-of-life with allusions to a big bad war happening, but what little action escalates the "war" feeling disappears as soon as it airs

>cluster episodes?
it's inert now, literally hyped for nothing

>Bismuth is back, and she wants to make a weapon that can end the war once and for all?
lol she's too violent, she had to be bubbled again but at least she's out of the picture now

>Peridot and Lapis are new additions to the cast?
nah they don't bring anything new, they just turn into chibi sperg and tsun-tsun memes, respectively

>Jasper will reveal the gems to the diamonds?
whoops, she's an unintelligible corrupt gem monster now

>the rubies show up as a scouting party?
kek we played baseball and now those comic-relief losers are marooned and floating in space

>find Pink Diamond's sanctuary, a human zoo filled with all of the gems she created?
the reject amethysts took care of the curator and the Diamonds showed up, sang, cried, then lieft

when does the fighting happen, what will the final battle be? There aren't any more big-bads to reveal, the enemy's identity is known, this thing seems lost in a limbo of FEELINGS and IMPLICATIONS OF FEELINGS without anything actually happening in response to those feelings
>>
File: subtle.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
subtle.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>90758533
>>
>>90758593

>that lack of weight in every single motion

Yeesh, who drew this? Korean sweatshop workers?
>>
File: 1468839907889.png (90KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1468839907889.png
90KB, 500x501px
>>90755204
>one of the show's best storyboarders lauren zuke
>>
>>90758697
Yeah the last thing this show is is subtle.

Also can someone explain to me how rock people was offensive to Steven? Still trying to figure that one out. Cause they are literally people made out of rocks.
>>
>>90755743
>The argument is "you shouldn't call these people feminists because they are an undesirable group of people compared to this other group of people".
Right.

No true scotsman.
>>
>>90758751
It was suppose to be a joke but it fell flat on its face because I assume the SU crew doesn't understand offensive words have historical context to them and they aren't just random phrases people say in a nasty tone, anonface.
>>
>>90758690
Perfectly summed up. Rose not wanting to use a weapon that kills when fighting a literal war for the sake of millions of human lives and thousands of gems still makes no fucking sense.

Also Steven fixing the cluster with his telepathetic empathy to ease the minds of hundreds of thousands if not millions of shattered gems, which literally sounds like hell, is such a pull out of the writers' collective asses.

Also how the FUCK did Homeworld get that much shit down there without the crystal gems knowing?
>>
>>90758690
The more I think about it, the more I realize the cluster was SU's version of Orgalorg. A big finale stomper that got flaccid and broke its dick anyways.
>>
>>90758791
They live in a fantasy world. I haven't heard a derogatory term said out loud since... ever.

Do they think people throwing around racial/sexist terms is a prevalent problem?
>>
>>90758849
I laughed so fucking hard when it was revealed that the cluster was a literal cluster of gen fragments. Kinda like how the city on the beach they live in is called and Beach City and the homeworld of the gems is Gem Homeworld.
>>
>>90758690
Just for accuracy, I'm not sure if you watched the latest episode or not, but one of the rubies blueballed Steven, stole the ship, and is headed back to homeworld.
>>
File: TIN MAN BATTLE PLAN.jpg (23KB, 435x430px) Image search: [Google]
TIN MAN BATTLE PLAN.jpg
23KB, 435x430px
>>90758690
I want them to kill someone off to let us know shits getting real
Like navy brings back an army and Steven tries his usual "lets-all-get-along" shtick and someone gets shattered/killed blocking the bullet meant for him or better yet he takes it and fucking dies, wouldn't that be interesting
>>
File: 1455083714254.jpg (47KB, 600x582px) Image search: [Google]
1455083714254.jpg
47KB, 600x582px
>>90758905
>he cluster was a literal cluster of gen fragments
>the city on the beach they live in is called and Beach City
>the homeworld of the gems is Gem Homeworld.

Jesus Christ
>>
>>90758690
I'm looking forward to gem Homeworld sending an army to fucking destroy the gems

It'll be perfect, Steven will try to save the day by making clitter cards or some shit and will just get destroyed. No warning or lead up just an autistic retard running up to the enemy because he's too auspie to know better and he offers the card and obliterated
>>
>>90758905
UNOBTAINIUM.
>>
>>90758924
The best candidates to die by the end of the series are Pearl or Greg, but they're still the show's best written characters so, if anything, I would like more interactions between the two before the finale. If they wanted to pull the trigger on a character, I suspect Sapphire would be the most suitable if Estelle ever gets tired of voicing Garnet (and they can do the whole "she saw it coming and took the bullet for the greater good" thing in a fitting way).
>>
File: 1433554740101.png (34KB, 196x197px) Image search: [Google]
1433554740101.png
34KB, 196x197px
>>90758690
the big bad guy are the diamonds.

the big mistery is diamonds secret weapon nonsense.

the finale is steven learning how to cure the corrupted gems and that includes the cluster, finally ending diamonds tirany and everyone fucking humans and starting a new human-gems race.

the big resolution is learning change; gems being inmortal is against nature, they dont change, they just consume, they are an inbalance, and rose showed the way they should be following, learning to love and to give their life for others, because there is literally nothing wrong in dying for someone..

the final scene show garnet still alive for eternity, being a spiritual guide, fucking herself and laughing like a maniac in the top of beach city, and then the show ends.
>>
>>90757584
What's it like not having standards?

Is it comfy?

I bet it's comfy...
>>
>>90758912
So since they lost Jasper, Peridot defected, and Rose's power is still alive in Steven then I guess Homeworld will be sending a raiding party of a shitload of gems to kill them all correct?

I'll laugh if this show ends with us never seeing the Homeworld or building the world on earth beyond beach city
>>
>>90758905
>>90758974
TRANSFORMIUM
>>
>>90758008
Tiger Philanthropist and Rocknaldo were shit, Room for Ruby had good developments but they were mostly driven by the characters being written as even bigger retards than usual.
>>
>>90758979
The closest this show will get to killing someone off will be someone like Lapis sacrificing themselves in such a way that their fate is "left unknown", not an on-screen shatter.

Before everyone was theorizing this show was going to kill off Peridot when she got redeemed and that Yellow Diamond would shatter it. But considering every character so far has been saved or bubbled, it's starting to feel like this show doesn't have the balls to even kill off any of the villains.
>>
>>90759020
>Lapis gets upset at the drop of a hat despite her being fine literally two seconds ago and then talks like an angtsy teen on LiveJournal how depressed she is and how she thinks something is wrong with her

It was so speedy and on the nose, Christ.
>>
Anyone else want Connie to cuck Steven?
>>
>>90755204
Hi Lauren!

I hope you die in a fire! <3
>>
>>90759004
That's where shows like this reach their pitfalls, isn't it? They built up everything to this awesome, game-changing finale and don't change the formula. AT said "fuck it" several times, although Finn's arm and Marceline's vampirism were the last straws for most people. SU should have had a complete change of setting or overhaul/development of the townie's personalities and passiveness by the end of season 1 and 2. Even Gravity Falls, praised for its polish, couldn't find a way to properly squeeze the new character from the second mid-season finale or tie up all its characters' loose ends.

Star Vs. The Forces of Evil recently had one of those "game changing" finales, and all I hope for is that crew learns from others' mistakes and changes up the formula for the new season.
>>
File: 1481494347669.png (85KB, 492x280px) Image search: [Google]
1481494347669.png
85KB, 492x280px
>>90754687
>Not one person is upset about this because maybe trying to force in a romance between two characters that not only just met but have had bad history with each other is bad writing.
On tumblr, maybe. My best friend and I fucking hate Zuke for precisely that reason, and Sugar for allowing it to go on so long.
>>
File: a corpse.jpg (116KB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
a corpse.jpg
116KB, 500x390px
So is the show about
>Everyone realizing how much of a fucking asshole Rose was and Steven barely coping with the fucking massive responsibility she pseudo-killed herself to escape
or is it about
>how amazing and perfect she was and how she could do no wrong despite all the shit she pulled, and how Steven must overcome his lesser human nature to be more like her, etc.

I'm leaning towards the latter atm
>>
>>90759183
Former, but did it for a good cause and wasn't necessarily a bad person because of it.
>>
>>90759115
Lapiz said the technology in Homeworld is insane, near unrecognizable. There is no way earthbdoesnt get fucked. The crystal gems have been doing literally nothing for thousands of years while Homeworld has been progressing and growing. Not only have they recovered their losses but their population had to be magnitude's higher than when Rose started the rebellion (and hence their army) and this time there is no army and this time Homeworld will have experience fighting a rebellion and the Crystal Gems do not have an army and are way out of their league technology rise.

It'd be like musket/matchlock America fighting modern America. They have literally no advantage and every advantage of the enemy is mantitudes higher.

Sugar has fucked themselves over so hard
>>
>>90758912
>>90758924
>>90758968
>>90759004
this is what happens
>Navy returns with Homeworld Armada in tow
>someone is "mortally wounded" but cured by the next episode
>Steven sings a song about hopelessness or why fighting is pointless
>some cheap deus ex machina crashes the Gem Fleet and scatters them across Earth
>alternatively, the Gem Fleet becomes corrupted and scatters across the Earth
>"EARTH IS THE WEAPON!!!" t. the Diamonds
>return to Season 1 of "recover the gem artifact in a """unique""" setting"
>somehow the opportunity is squandered by the writers and no world building will come from this
>cap off the series with the Diamonds coming to Earth and Rose reincarnating or some shit and is actually Pink Diamond
>no one dies, everyone cries, everyone is forgiven, and we all live happily ever after
>no one in Beach City fucking noticed but cheer anyways in an Evangelion ending ripoff
there, give me a fucking CN contract now, I just shitposted their entire series finale
>>
>>90759237
>Sugar has fucked themselves over so hard
The Cluster will just be their shitty army and overpower all the Gems without outright killing them and probably just do a mass-bubbling while Steven tries to talk to the Diamonds face-to-face.

I thought maybe the bubbles Quartz gems in the Diamond's offices was going to be Earth's only hope, but then I thought that would involve actual fighting and the show doesn't have the budget for anything other than dance sequences and celebrity VAs.
>>
>>90754197
>If SU had kept its original art style and kept Gennedy on as director,
Gennedy was not a director ever.
>>
>>90759233
>did it for a good cause

The Bismuth episode proved Rose is a fucking moron and everyone that put their lives in her hands made a mistake.

Except maybe Garnet who got to stay fused for thousands of years. Pearl is barely holding back from killing herself.
>>
>>90758593
Innocent natives getting genocided
>>
>>90758708
there's weight there, you're just parroting something you heard someone else on /co/ say about a completely different scene
>>
>>90759274
That would kill the show. But I'm scared they'll do it

>>90759288
Oh fuck you're right. The cluster is going to served as the dues ex machina. God that thing shouldn't even exist. "Oh just talk to the cluster and convince the millions of shattered minds to control themselves!" Bullllllshit
>>
>>90756988
RWBY had great fights and weapon concepts, of course that all went out the window when Monty died. Still take it over SU though, since it has better waifu's and I like the post-apocalyptic monster filled world concept.
>>
>>90754419
>the fuck is zukegate?
>muh ship wars
>muh shipping

It's bullshit, the show creators unlike fans don't give two shits about shipping either way. If the storyboarder was fired or quit it could be because she's fucking crazy or she didn't get along with her co-workers or a million other reason but no one ever gets fired because they "put a ship in the show." There's no way Sugar gives a damn about whether lapidot is there or not.

If that was Zuke's account and she ranted about lapidot she was ranting about the twitter sjws shit and maybe whining that working on a show means having a boss who tells you what to do and that's meeeaaaan. But staff choices aren't made about shipping. Only the autistic, retarded sperg faggots on tumblr and here think so. Ships don't mean shit one way or another and if you think so you're a fucking retard for christ's sake. Don't you people have careers.
>>
>>90759312
I can't be the only one that thinks Bismuth's weapon was fucking retarded, right? Its a bulky pile driver you strap to your arm. Why not just use a sword or a gun and then shatter their gems with a press or some shit. Why was Bismuth making it out to be some kind of WMD?
>>
>>90758726
I don't get why people are still acting like tumblr here. We seen real pictures of the storyboarding process. The outlines and eps are laid out on the wall for everybody to see to add or substract stuff. Sugar and the rest of the crew knew what the episode is about and approved. It's impossible for Zukzuke do be fired for many episodes she made during. The nine months of production each episode had without their knowing. It's a group effort
>>
>>90759312
This meme again? Bismuth wanted to sacrifice the rebels' ideology for terror tactics. She introduced an inefficient weapon whose sole purpose was to instill fear, and wanted to use it without discrimination for combatants. If the crystal gems wanted to kill people, they had the option to do so more efficiently without the shatterpoint. They chose not to in order to establish themselves as a different kind of government, not the new oppressors. Bismuth directly attacked her commander and was promptly incapacitated, and Rose kept this secret to prevent a split in her rebels between extremists and freedom fighters. She made the right choice as a general, albeit not as a friend.
>>
>>90759390
not him but RWBY is trash. its god-awful animation with a wannabe anime art style combined with waifubait. Just awful.
>>
>>90759418
The idea was that it wa the first prototype to outfit the rebels with more and better versions.

But you're right all it did was kill. By hitting someone with it. And Rose locked her away for wanting to kill. In a war.
>>
>>90755693
they are all polyamorous anyway.
Pearl even suggested for all to get married to each other.
So who the fuck is retarded enough to care?
>>
>>90759183
The latter is the viewpoint of the gems (especially Pearl) at the start, but it gets more nuanced over time.

That's about the only thing good about the series these days.
>>
File: 1455083986904.jpg (54KB, 540x472px)
1455083986904.jpg
54KB, 540x472px
>>90759418
At that point why not just use a hammer?Not even a war hammer, just a normal hammer
>>
>>90759459
We'll she failed and everyone but three gems and herself died and Homeworld is stronger than ever. And all the gems that fought for their freedom are now dead.

Oh yeah, perfect choice.

Are you a retard?
>>
>>90759474
The obvious point was that the writer was getting more praise than Sugar. She was fired because she was stealing the spot light.
>>
>>90759470
>And Rose locked her away for wanting to kill. In a war.
Rose locked her away because Bismuth was degrading into black and white levels of philosophy, where even innocent bystanders who aren't fighting and actually trying to flee (Lapis) should be knocked out. If she had her weapon, Lapis would be fucking dead for no reason. She was going to go beyond just killing Diamond's army, she was going kill any innocents who might have supported or lived under the Diamond regime as well. Which is a fucking problem considering the entirety of Rose's army is composed of REBELS. How the fuck are you suppose to recruit rebels if you just kill everyone?

It wasn't that Bismuth wanted to kill, it's that she was devolving into an extreme who thought the only solution to every problem was killing. If Bismuth said, "I made this prototype to try and give our soldiers an advantage against the tougher Gems. If Homeworld starts to overpower us, we may have to resort to it as an emergency weapon even if we're not comfortable with it, but that's the price of war". Instead she said, "Nah, if you ain't on my side, you're the enemy".
>>
>>90759514
How exactly does Rose's decision change the outcome? As soon as homeworld gems notice the rebels are shattering, the diamonds just pull out their super weapon sooner and fuck everyone the same way. As far as we know, Rose did the best she could.
>>
>>90759502
S-Shut up.

Shut your fucking mouth!
>>
>>90759569
So they created a world where no matter what happens the revels would fail.

Why do I feel like this rule will change and they'll have Steven pull something out of his ass
>>
File: homosexual disgust.jpg (14KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
homosexual disgust.jpg
14KB, 480x480px
>nothing Rose did mattered because Homeworld just went "fuck it" and corruption-nuked Earth with a weapon NOBODY, not even Homeworld defectors on the rebellion, knew about
>her no-kill policy just ended up just making more gem monsters
What did Sugar mean by this?
i am overthinking the fuck out of this children's tv show
>>
>>90759418
Rose freaked because of the mindset. Gem combat at that point was about poofing and capturing on the rebels' side. shattering was the way of the imperial forces, and even then we only see it as an execution thing, not a combat thing.

It's actually a cool cultural detail.

Rose was still retarded though.
>>
>>90759656
Even if more gems were shattered, that doesn't stop the shattered gems from reforming into those weird appendages and still attack people. The point of the war was to get homeworld to fuck off, not topple the government and start over. It worked for a while.
>>
File: 08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg (22KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
08-King-of-Hill-Hank_l.jpg
22KB, 400x300px
>>90754572
>miraculous tang is in a relationship with zuke now
>remember her old dumb homestuck videos
>look her up
>just turned 18 a few months ago
>look up zuke
>29
Oh, gross
>>
>>90759656
It means sometimes bad things happen despite your good intentions and that sometimes it doesn't matter what you do, everyone you know will still die, even if you abandon all your morals or keep them.
>>
>>90759542
No, the obvious point is, that the show has dropped in quality recently, and everyone is responsible for this.
>>
>>90759613
Because Steven is a bigger Jesus analog than Snyder's take on Superman.

He's going to make everyone love each other by the end of the series, because Friendship is Magic.
>>
>>90758708
>Korean sweatshop workers
You're not wrong, but there is SOME amount of weight in that gif.
>>
>>90759398
>the show creators unlike fans don't give two shits about shipping either way
Sugar's policy is "Ship whoever you want"

>But staff choices aren't made about shipping. Only the autistic, retarded sperg faggots on tumblr and here think so
But what if you put someone on tumblr to work on the show?
>"I can’t speak for any other writers or artists, or the show’s intention, none but my own– but lapis and peridot, I wanted to create the experience of a growing queer relationship. Again- this is only my intention."
>>
>>90759731
Nah

I refuse to believe that
>>
File: 1460768626479.jpg (15KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1460768626479.jpg
15KB, 184x184px
>>90759753
>He's going to make everyone love each other by the end of the series

I get kindness is somewhat undervalued in these cynical times, but they're going about it in the most retarded ways posible
>>
>>90759731

>zuke is a pedO

ITS OKAY WHEN WOMEN DO IT
>>
File: why tho.gif (19KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
why tho.gif
19KB, 267x200px
>>90755204
>best storyboarders
>lauren zuke
>4chan's favorite storyboarder
>>
>>90759461
Still take it over SU.
>>
File: mose.gif (2MB, 294x232px) Image search: [Google]
mose.gif
2MB, 294x232px
>>90759753
>He's going to make everyone love each other by the end of the series
I fucking hate it, but this is what's going to happen. Such a shit lesson to teach kids, too. They gotta understand they can't make nice with everybody.
If Jasperdemption happens, then this is guaranteed to.
>>
>>90759949
Kids aren't ready for King of the Hill morals. The age at which parents keep babying their children seems to increase by one every couple of years.
>>
>>90759949
I really think kids deserve something that teaches them they can't fix everyone and it's not their responsibility to do so, especially if that person has grievously harmed them.

t. low-grade child abuse victim
>>
>>90754716
It was just for the pilot (Rebecca was a boarder for Hotel Transylvania)
>>
File: enough.jpg (21KB, 251x252px) Image search: [Google]
enough.jpg
21KB, 251x252px
>go to /sug/
>it is literally one-hundred percent waifu posting, e.g. "this is x, say something nice to her"
what the fuck
>>
>>90760200
Its been that for quite some time, dont act surprised now
>>
>>90760200
I'm surprised by the legitimate story discussion in this thread too. Got anything you want to talk about?
>>
>>90754197
The characters look like actual people, so yes.
>>
File: 1453013219606.jpg (6KB, 200x146px) Image search: [Google]
1453013219606.jpg
6KB, 200x146px
>>90760262
Not him but I missed the last 2 episodes, is there SOMETHING to talk about?
>>
>>90760317
A ruby went back to homeworld.
>>
>>90760200
This is what happens when you discussed everything to death.

>>90760317
The last one gave us something to talk about, it was kinda leaked days before the release, so its discussion ran out.
>>
>>90760317
The "every gem gets redeemed/sympathetic story" meme stopped dead in it's track last ep (at least for now).
>>
>>90760317
see >>90759020
>>
>>90759820
There are already gay relationships on the show and the Lapis and Peridot buddy eps were worked on by a fuckton of people so they didn't have some big problem with them. The only people who did were tumblr SJWs sending her death threats and saying she was "queerbaiting" and "homophobic" and Zuke's rants were all in response to that shit. If she bitched about Sugar maybe they didn't get along like people who work together don't or Zuke is a childish baby who hates working for other people like a lot of artists and people in general. But I can't imagine some big secret behind the scenes conspiracy shitstorm about Lapidot. They would have said something during the more than half year they take to make if the episodes themselves were a problem. And a lot of people liked those episodes and complained about the townie eps or the slow pacing way more.

Zuke's not the main problem and it's one of those bizarre hateboner things here that snowball kind of like against Alex Hirsch only with way less justification since he's much more confrontational. Yes people who make kiddie cartoons are often immature news at 11. The real problem is probably just creators interacting with fans at all. That never ever ends well and leads to especially batshit crazy crap from the creepy obsessive fandom.

You can just criticize the writing without becoming an obsessive stalker of the staff you know and dragging your nutty psychoanalysis of their personal lives and inner emotional life into it.
>>
File: 1488263760821.jpg (282KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1488263760821.jpg
282KB, 720x540px
>>90760344

I guess that qualifies at being something but goddamn that sounds boring as fuck
>>
>>90760407
>The only people who did were tumblr SJWs sending her death threats and saying she was "queerbaiting" and "homophobic"
There's more proof of Zuke pushing Lapidot than those death threats.

Zuke is not the main problem, and there's a lot of people involved in this.
But she did tried to establish a Peridot and Lapis relationship in a way that the rest of the crew didn't wanted. She had creative (or personal) differences with the staff, and she had to go.
>>
File: 1469142244133-co.gif (1020KB, 370x207px) Image search: [Google]
1469142244133-co.gif
1020KB, 370x207px
>>90759923
>4chan's favorite storyboarder
She was, though. Did you suddenly get amnesia?
>>
>>90760487
Steven, despite having been previously betrayed by a Ruby and Lapis's constant warnings, plot-induced-stupidities Navy into a position where she can take the red eye and fuck off
it was dumb
>>
File: 1464232336654.jpg (12KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1464232336654.jpg
12KB, 250x250px
>>90760667

Did they frame that scene as a joke or as something serious?
>>
>>90760667
It wasn't that dumb. Steven's always been a naive optimist and Lapis is usually a stick in the mud about most things that aren't Steven, like Peridot moving in.

Honestly, that was solely a good episode for giving Steven a much needed reality check.
>>
>>90760819
It was framed as serious.

>>90760891
Garnet was stupid for not warning Steven of how it could go wrong.

Steven was Steven.

Lapis was more concerned with her laughing fit than with stopping the Eye.
>>
File: spoons rattlin.jpg (32KB, 622x344px) Image search: [Google]
spoons rattlin.jpg
32KB, 622x344px
>>90761029
Future vision was a mistake.
>>
>>90759427
How is that "like tumblr" if I found her episodes among the most unpleasant?

There's nothing tumblr-like in disliking her episodes. I don't think she was fired for the episodes she made. I think she left because she disagreed so strongly with Rebecca Sugar who she characterized so negatively in such a nasty way. She didn't like sugar because sugar wouldn't let her have her way and so she left. Based on what she said in that blog at least and I don't have any reason to doubt its veracity.
>>
>>90761082
It kinda was. It really writes them into a corner.

There's a lot of, "well why don't they use future vision and just know the future?"

Because don't ask questions, that's why.
>>
>>90761229
Future Vision predictions are many and not absolute. It's been established multiple times.
>>
>>90754819
faggot. How can you scream what female representation is not a big deal and cry like a little bitch when shows don't have lots of male representation
>>
>>90761029
>Garnet was stupid for not warning Steven of how it could go wrong.
well it was always a possibility and since Garnet got 2 balloons we can assume the split was 50/50 + its a leaning experience
>>
>>90761622
>>90761704
>there's a chance Navy will steal their only starship and contact Homeworld
>no reason to mention that to Steve-o
>>
>>90761082
>that pic
What fag hole are you from?
>>
>>90761720
Southwestern U.S.A.
>>
>>90761712
yes there is a chance. you don't need fucking future vision to foresee that turn of events. It was a gamble to turn her and they failed
>>
>>90761712
There's also a chance that would trip and split his head onto a curb. The reason not to mention it is because it's unlikely.
>>
File: 1241123331.jpg (43KB, 433x250px) Image search: [Google]
1241123331.jpg
43KB, 433x250px
>>90761622
>>90761704

Its such of copout, its a "It only works when i say it works" type shit that thats its a basically a get out of jail free card whenever its convinient and forgotten whenever its inconvinient
>>
>>90761777
>you don't need fucking future vision to foresee that turn of events
Steven does, apparently.
>>
File: 1487453604035.jpg (27KB, 574x358px) Image search: [Google]
1487453604035.jpg
27KB, 574x358px
>>90761800
>Its unlikely these prisoners of war might try to escape
>>
>>90761852
It's unlikely that a Ruby would be smart enough make it.
>>
>>90761932
>make it
The plan to escape, I mean.
>>
File: ecch's time.jpg (51KB, 500x537px) Image search: [Google]
ecch's time.jpg
51KB, 500x537px
>all the fan art about Navy's betrayal acting like it was a completely unexpected and powerful turn of events
>>
>>90761805
Actually, i just thought about it, i want to see what you guys think, this is how future vision could be fixed: make it so that a very dificult thing to pull off instead of something one can do in the fly without effort

Make it so that garnet needs to stay in a silent room meditating for few minutes or a few hours before she can get a vision, that way its something she has to have time prapared in advance instead of knowing what to do at any given time.
>>
>>90761965
>>
>>90754197
Am I the only one who doesn't like the original character design?

Animation-wise? Yes it was way better, but the Crystal Gems were so over-designed it kinda made it seems dull. The redesigns, while not amazing, are made of distinctive shapes that make them stand out. Put these old ones as shillouettes and its just a mess.

But my biggest problem is Steven, the new design at least makes him look like a kid rather than a manlet trying to pose as a kid. Seriously, Pilot steven looks like he is wearing his little brother's clothes to look younger or something.
>>
>>90761932
>You need a plan to try to escape
>Ruby had a plan when she escaped

Sure.
>>
>>90761807
I suspect he could see it being a possibility but wanted to take the risk on the off chance it worked.
>>90761805
you assume that there were only 2 outcomes and not just 100 versions of same things happening with some variation. I will admit that giving that power to her was stupid but I think you are to quick to jump to "why did not the vision do X"
>>
File: liketearsintherainscoob.jpg (58KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
liketearsintherainscoob.jpg
58KB, 480x600px
>>90762021
oh fuck
>>
>>90761805
a better shit on would be how she mishandled them going to korea
>>
>>90762024
This "distinctive silhouettes" nonsense just make your characters over-simplified, ugly blobs.
>>
>>90762025
I know, right? Who knew Rubes could be so cunning?
>>
>>90762041
>I suspect he could see it being a possibility but wanted to take the risk on the off chance it worked.
That's a stupid fucking gamble, honestly.

I'm not saying shatter her on sight, but maybe don't let the ruby who's been a "friend" for all of a day have access to the FUCKING STARSHIP?

For fuck's sake, they kept Peridot ON A FUCKING LEASH.
>>
File: Tf2_standalonebox.jpg (97KB, 256x361px) Image search: [Google]
Tf2_standalonebox.jpg
97KB, 256x361px
>>90762062
>>
File: 1479188594202.png (746KB, 1483x544px) Image search: [Google]
1479188594202.png
746KB, 1483x544px
>>90760200
>go to /sug/
This was your first mistake, your second mistake was reading anything below the OP post. Do you know what your third mistake was? Letting me get to your fourth mistae.
>>
>>90754471
how the fuck does this happen when you are making episodes way before they get to air?

Aren't episode checked and revised? You'd imagine someone would notice something like that eons before it became a issue. I wanna believe its true but it sounds so ludicrous.
>>
>>90761965
yeah I have seen that. How can people be so stupid, I mean I expect them to at least be animefags and spot usually patterns, are not autistic people all about patterns?
>>
>>90762081
>That's a stupid fucking gamble, honestly.
It totally is, and Steven is a stupid fucking boy. Who is probably trying to deal with his mommy issues by convincing himself that hugs are the way to go. hell its not like everyone was busy, a smart leader could have given her enough room to turn without jeopardizing the team but thats not steven
>>
>>90762062
It'd be still passable but you cannot deny Steven looks creepy as fuck in the old design. He is suppose to be a kid not some overgrown man in little boy's clothing.
>>
>>90762138
>a smart leader
Man I miss season one Garnet.
>>
File: 1460953369196.jpg (7KB, 251x189px) Image search: [Google]
1460953369196.jpg
7KB, 251x189px
>>90762041
What you're saying its a variation of "only works when i say it works" anon

>>90762071
>Trying to escape its a revolutionary mindblowing idea

>A thing not only a retard would try, but almost any animal that has ever existed would try in the event of being trapped

>Cunning

That better be sarcasm anon...
>>
>>90761978
Except then just unfuse and have Sapphire do it easily since that's a thing.

"Sorry. While that information may be vital, and possibly life saving and essential, I am a little bit more comfortable being fused than not. So I won't."
>>
>>90762429
What? i was just saying that it could be fixed by making it something that takes time and effort instead a thing she can make in the blink of an eye
>>
people who are mad about this "betrayal" need to learn that girl does not owe you things just because you were nice to her. also for an enlightened kid steven sure has colonial naming sensibilities
>>
>>90762369
>That better be sarcasm
well she could have just taken the ship but she went the extra mile to fuck with them
>>
File: 1453998463088.png (19KB, 340x289px) Image search: [Google]
1453998463088.png
19KB, 340x289px
>>90762610
>>
>>90754197
everyone except pearl looks better
the art style looks better than the flat art we have for the actual show
> SU fusion is just too fucking sexual.
this
I was okay when it was steven and connie since they are both the same age, but when it was steven and amethyst it just felt weird.
>>
>>90762463
No I kinda understand.
But the problem with that is then Garnet could walk around that limitation by just unfusing and Sapphire doing it.

Which of course brings up the explanation of, "but I don't wanna" from Garnet. Which itself isn't very strong.

Sorry didn't mean to come off as overly combative. I just don't think there's a very easy solution to future vision.
>>
>>90762728
What you never fucked your aunt?
>>
>>90759470
>>90759561
That. And bubbling is just as good as a near-guaranteed method of incapacitating your opponents.
>>
>>90762805
Amethyst is several hundred years old.
Steven is 14.

Why no one has brought this up before seems troubling.
>>
File: 1489228053878.png (48KB, 340x329px) Image search: [Google]
1489228053878.png
48KB, 340x329px
>>90760819
It was definitely framed as a joke. It was a lighthearted episode, despite its serious implications.
>>
>>90762848
Amethyst takes time to develop, like those elves that stay 10 years old for 100 years. she is tops 30
>>
>>90762860
Amethyst has been shown to be around since extremely early on. Including early 17th and 16th century.

If she's mentally 30, that's not reassuring. That's even more worrying. In fact all amethysts seem to have similar "immature" personalities. Despite age. They're just frat Bros. Er. Sisters. Whatever.
>>
>>90762902
>>90762860
And, mental maturity aside, she would and should know better. Like living in a human society, amongst humans and meeting more than a few there were centuries to learn human customs as they changed and to be aware of them.

"I didn't know better" doesn't float when you've been around humans for half a millennia. Assuming fusion IS sexual, what's her excuse? What's PEARL and GARNET'S for learning of this fusion and not only accepting it, but being thrilled by it?

It's like if a 36 year old man took his 14 year old girlfriend to meet his grandma and said they just fucked and she started giggling and squealing in delight.
>>
>>90762983
They chose ignorance and isolation. They did not mingle with humans, don't know how to raise a baby and have generally been living like robots
>>
>>90754197
I would enjoy it well as is if only it was written better. The current crew doesn't know how do to pacing or write plot or characters to save their lives
>>
File: check.gif (926KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
check.gif
926KB, 500x237px
>>90762728
>>90762805
>>90762848
>>90762860
>>90762902
>>90762983
It's never really framed as outright sex, but more like general intimacy. Steven and Amethyst have a sibling relationship and, unlike most other fusion dances that are to some degree inherently sexual, they just fuse based on a basic hug. There's nothing particularly sensual about it at all.
>>
>>90763036
But that's not true at all. Amethyst has met and befriended several humans and then there was the painting of the gems in the 17th century saving several drowning sailors...

They weren't ignorant at all of human culture. Especially not amethyst who absorbed more than a little hanging out with Greg and watching TV with him.
>>
>>90763089
True its not 100% sex but there is some level of intimacy that is inappropriate unless you are from 19th century hawai
>>
>>90763094
flashbacks show them as ignorant
>>
>>90763103
Most sibling relationships are intimate without being incestuous or even remotely sexual.
>>
>>90763089
This feels like huge backpedaling when I've never seen anyone call fusion anything short of sex. It just raises more and more problems with other fan theories then that fusion is sexual. So which is it? Either amethyst diddled Steven, or fusion is for hug, not fug.
>>
>>90763126
again I said level of intimacy. a hug is intimacy, talking about each others sex lives is also intimacy, there are levels and it seem to have gone in to deep
>>
>>90763116
The only way that's possible is intentionally hitting yourself on the head until you forget everything you learned while spending tons of time with either. Again. There's no excuse. Their isolationism ended after Gregg and rose became more and more of a thing. At the latest after Steven was born. That's still more than enough time to learn understand and firmly grasp human culture. There's zero excuse for them to find out an adult is diddling a child and be excited. They all had every exposure and learning experience until then.
>>
>>90763176
Gregg was not the first man rose banged and the others did not seem to have changed their lives. you will note they could not even have dinner with other people without spilling spaghetti all over the place so I would say they chose to be retards
>>
>>90763194
That doesn't make them not culpable. That means they're irresponsible.
I think the thing is, they are fully aware of human culture mores or even basic psychology.
They just believe it shouldn't apply to them or Steven. Which isn't better. It's pretty sick. Maybe worse.
>>
>>90763238
all true. That or they could be practicing ancient human mores
>>
>>90754819
If it was about equality, it wouldn't be called feminism. That's egalitarianism.
>>
>>90763238
Its typical really. Do whatever you want and fall back on the excuse of not being from this world, happens all the time in the real wold but with cultural relativism or other excuses
>>
>>90763194
You don't have to change your life to learn a simple fact about humans and taking advantage of someone you trust when someone doesn't fully understand sex, it's intimacy, and consequences. In point of fact you can educate a person on these things in less than an hour and they wouldn't have to learn a thing about dining etiquette. But no. Hundreds of years. Decades. Every chance to understand. At this point ignorance isn't an excuse. It's a liability. If a child was diddled by some 30 year old and his excuse was, "I didn't know it was wrong" you'd find him disgusting. Why? He had every opportunity to learn, and ignorance is not a defense.

Conclusion:
If fusion is fug, amethyst is a gross child molester and Garnet and Pearl, the "responsible" gems, reacted with delight, not disgust.

Pretend for a moment Steven thought he was in love with one of his friends mother's. How would they react then? What if he fell in love with a genuine human female pedo? They'd encourage him and tell him how pleased they are?
Does this not seem somewhat weird to you?
>>
>>90763295
feminism is dead or mutated into abomination. old feminism was about equality because women were the ones who needed the boost towards the center and its always best to have a focused group instead of abstract one like humanism(which also has devolved)
>>
>>90763293
If they are, then that's not a pleasant outcome either. See above about encouraging Steven to hook up with the hot milf down the lane who's lonely all the time.
>>
>>90763320
I expect flip floping. like with that mailman who got told off about real love while Garnet's love played out exactly as the so called fake love
>>
>>90763303
Boy I wish I hadn't given this whole thing this much thought. Before I just thought Smokey Quartz was just kinda unappealing looking.

But now I've given it thought?
It's bothering me more and I really wish I hadn't thought about it.
>>
>>90763339
Oh great. I didn't even think of that one either. Now I'm going to have to try to ignore that on top of the weird Smokey Quartz shit.

Thanks anon
>>
>>90763349
hey its not a visit to /co/ if it does not end with you leaving sad or enraged
>>
>>90754197
No. But I'm not a little bitch who thinks everything should be made for them in mind.
>>
>>90763377
Do I have to be both though?
>>
>>90754471
Allegedly there's also a lot about her shit talking Rebecca for being abusive and the work environment for being toxic or some shit.
>>
>>90763429
well that could be true or they could be too sensitive.
>>90754471
unlikely, adding that is not as easy as adding your kids OC to mlp
>>
>>90757447
>>90757559
>animation director
>barely involved

Are you people retarded
>>
>>90755930
>i want your resignation on my desk this afternoon.

That's called being fired.
>>
It's nice to see a SU thread that's not a general. It allows actual fucking discussion to be had.

I've still been watching the show out of habit, but hadn't really thought about why I haven't actually liked it much in a while. A lot of the criticisms in this thread actually ring pretty true for me, and it's nice to see them put into words.

Jesus Christ general threads are so fucking awful, they really destroy the ability to talk about something don't they? Not that I ever visit them anymore, but damn, it's been so long since I've seen a thread about SU that wasn't a fucking general.
Thread posts: 301
Thread images: 53

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.