[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Disney Shorts

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: project_image.jpg (168KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
project_image.jpg
168KB, 1200x675px
Is Paperman the best modern Disney short?

I remember going to watch Wreck And Ralph and only liking the short cause the movie was a borefest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRl2OlyNMuc
>>
File: Paperman.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Paperman.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>90752720
>liking the short
Good taste

>the movie was a borefest
Shit taste get out right now
>>
>>90752720

Watching it again, the music is kinda goofy, like it belongs in a Mickey Mouse short. They could have used something better.
>>
>>90752720
I love Paperman. I think the visuals are gorgeous. And it's weird because they used the same tech for Feast but in color, but for some reason, it looked way nicer in Paperman.
>>
>>90753370
What the hell mate, the Soundtrack is bloody amazing.
>>
Paper Man is just a technical achievement.

I was hoping that it would be tge future of cartoons, but it's not happening fast enough.
>>
>>90753520
I think Disney is still developing it. Disney tends to like being prepared because using new tech for a feature film. They had to scrap most of Tangled's concept CG because it was not working out, and that film cost them $500 mil because of all the shit they had to scrap and all the tech development that went to waste. I've kept up with some of their behind the scenes and to put it in a nutshell, here is what each one of their films helped progress for them to store in their visual effects engineering bank:
>Tangled was translating 2D characters into CG without losing all of the charm
> Wreck it Ralph helped them with textures, blending styles, and cartoonier acting
>Frozen was snow tech
>Big Hero 6 gave them a lot of advancements in fabric tech (You'll notice the creases and form wraps are way better and more natural in comparison to something like Tangled or Ralph)
>Zootopia was fur
>Paperman and Feast was capturing the 2D aesthetic
>Moana was landscapes, water, special effects

I think it's gonna be a while before this tech is applicable to a feature film that satisfies Disney.
>>
>>90753152
>Shit taste get out right now
It was bad anon. It wasn't even good at what it was trying to be. A movie about Videogame references
>>
>>90754513
Why are you still here?
If you're not OP, it's time to leave too anon.
>>
>>90755233
Kek same to you
>>
>>90752720
No
>>
>>90752720

out of the modern shorts:

>god tier
Paperman
Get a Horse!
Destino

>good tier
Feast
Inner Workings
The Little Matchgirl

>meh tier
Frozen Fever
Tangled Ever After
How to Hook Up Your Home Theater

>shit tier
The Ballad of Nessie
>>
>>90757240
>Frozen Fever
It has a nice song though. In fact, it's so catchy I instantly got it in my head despite not having watched since around the time came out
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.