[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Beware the Light"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: caliban logan.png (563KB, 736x589px) Image search: [Google]
caliban logan.png
563KB, 736x589px
yeah yeah that was cool and all but then you realize

>saying some retarded quip and letting the bad guy see the grenade and jump out
>instead of just fucking pulling the pins silently, counting to three then rolling them across the floor

At the end of the day, capeshit gonna capeshit
>>
>>90751641
I was so pissed at him for that. A shit moment in an otherwise great film.

>capeshit gonna capeshit
>implying dumbass one-liners are unique to capeshit films
Faggot.
>>
>>90751641
Maybe he just didn't want to go without getting last words in? People who are about to die, even if it's suicide, aren't the most rational.

There's a powerful urge not to want to go quietly into the night.
>>
Pierce had already seen him. Might as well give him a verbal middle finger on your way out.
>>
File: 1243165.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
1243165.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
>>90751641
Wot I don't get is that... where's all the other blokes?

Yeah, the mutants are dyin' and all, and no more are bein' born, but wot about the others? Or those guys who got powers without bein' born with 'em? They dead too?

And if a bullet can kill Logan, right? Why can't he just stab himself with his claws? Or that other bloke that looks like 'im? Just stab 'im in the 'ead and "A'ight, that's that then."
>>
File: 0mw1I8e.gif (2MB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
0mw1I8e.gif
2MB, 350x197px
>>90751806
And if a bullet can kill Logan, right? Why can't he just stab himself with his claws?
>>
>>90751806
Forces, anon.
>>
>>90751806
He said it was just a reminder of who he was, before admitting that it just reminds him to kill himself after Charles dies.
>>
File: 15946.jpg (8KB, 182x268px) Image search: [Google]
15946.jpg
8KB, 182x268px
>>90752233
Right, but why couldn't he kill the other 'im? Just stick 'im in the eye, and that's that. Why all the fuss with the bullet?
>>
Why did Pierce quip "Beware the Light!" as if that's something associated with the character of Caliban from the Tempest? I mean, its catchy, but why even phrase it that way as if it was a reference?
>>
>>90751806
I'm upset that they don't still do a radio show together so Karl can mercilessly rip on Stephen for playing Caliban.
>>
>>90753619
Because Beware the Light sounds a lot cooler and more dramatic than "do not go outside into the sun because your skin will burn and that's bad, okay?"
>>
Why did the kids with superpowers run away from the regular human beans
>>
>>90751641
Man if you're pretending this was isolated in the movie then you're kidding yourself. Logan was a capeshit movie with a dark tone and a veneer of Western over it. It's like a 7/10 movie at best, but most capeshit is a 4-6/10 so obviously it seems good. People calling it a best ever are off their fucking rockers.
>>
>>90753844
If you were paying attention, you probably would have noticed that most of them struggled to use their powers in any particularly dangerous way. Just look at how long t took Rictor, the oldest and, ostensibly, the most well-trained member of the group of escaped children, to lit a car and crush X-24 with it. X-23 was the exception because plot, but all the other kids would have struggled to take on several armed adults even with their powers combined, especially since they had sonic cannons and whatnot.
>>
>>90751641
I'd take that as a valid criticism if you didn't have to add your own quip at the end of your post right after talking shit about quips.
>>
>>90753911
rictor had just been shot before exerting that energy though
>>
What was the point of this character? Why wasn't he just replaced by some mutant tracking device?
>>
>>90751641
I was wondering why logan didn't stab blondie in the face from the beginning
>>
>>90754431
how would that have worked exactly? why would Logan and Charles have a tracking device? would've seemed random.

also, why does every single character need a point? he just happened to be one of the last mutants. that's all you need to know. stop being such a nitpicking dickweed.
>>
>>90754566
>stop being such a nitpicking dickweed.

Why are you saying this in a thread where we're pointing out that a character saying a last line rather than acting rationally is hackneyed?
>>
>>90754747
I don't understand the question. I was responding to that other anon asking what the purpose of his character was, which is also unrelated to the topic of the thread.

Also, define "rationally". How was he supposed to act? He obviously intended to commit suicide and kill them with him, and he just happened to say something before doing so. I feel like it would've been fine if he had did it without saying anything but I'm not really bothered by him giving a quick one liner before doing it. It wasn't even that corny. It made sense given the context of the seen. "See the light" right before blowing the fucking jeep up. anyone in that jeep was gonna see the light for sure.
>>
>>90751806
>where's all the other blokes?

Pretty sure the doctor guy said that Caliban helped them hunt them down.
>>
>>90754892
or beware the light, whatever. point is it's a three word line and this doesn't warrant a thread, hence calling everyone in this thread a nitpicky dickweed.
>>
>>90754431
There wasn't a point, he was pretty much useless throughout the entirety of the film. They tried to pad him out a little with the vague backstory but ultimately all he did was blow up a van with a henchman inside. He should have been replaced along with X-24 by Sabertooth.
>>
>>90754952
>He should have been replaced along with X-24 by Sabertooth
What is it about /co/ and having horrible ideas?
>>
>>90754952i
>this character was useless because he didn't do a lot
>but if he was replaced w/ a character of my choosing then I'd have no criticisms

your argument is shit. him not doing anything major WAS the point. it's a Wolverine movie, not an X-Men movie. they obviously chose him because they knew no one gave a shit about him so when he died it wouldn't take away from the other two deaths. Hell, we were lucky just to get Xavier in it.

you guys sound like babies, seriously. the movie was solid and you're wasting time on talking about a character which the writers had intended for nobody to give a shit about.
>>
>>90755102
Elaborate.

>>90755105
It's not a shit argument, however I agree it has little to do with the albino and moreso the last antagonist of the series just being garbage. Regardless, if you're whining about why people are wasting time on this, don't waste your own time and let the thread die. Or don't, I don't mind.
>>
>>90753495
i keep reading it in his voice
>>
>>90754952
>He should have been replaced

with whom?
>>
>>90755367
Your mother.
>>
>>90751714
It was a pretty horrible film. The first (good) 30 minutes did not make up for the rest of the movie.
>>
>>90751806
>Why can't he just stab himself with his claws?

Because adamantium doesn't just slice through adamantium. Since Logan can't punch with the force of a fucking bullet, he'd have to go through the eye and hope he manages to snake a claw through the orbital fissure to reach the brain.

And that's not exactly a feasible option when fighting X-24.
>>
>>90753844
Because they had guns and their weakness is bullets.
>>
>>90754506
He was tired of killing as he said many times.
>>
It's more theatrical, OP.
>>
>>90751806
The Virus/Strain in the corn to prevent mutants from being born must first 'infect' current mutants and have their mutant genes degrade over time so that when they reproduce the child wouldnt have mutant genes at all.

So its good to assume that Xavier, Logan and Caliban are all infectd by the strain and is causing them to slowly lose control of their powers.

Logan is only set a few years after DoFP and has suddenly aged more than he did in 150 years
>>
>>90755102

/co/ doesn't want a great film full of symbolism and pathos; it just wants a movie full of "deepest lore" references and fanservice to flog its geekdom to.
>>
>>90757191
it wasn't horrible. horrible is a word used to describe other things. Logan was not horrible
>>
>>90751641
i mean, why wouldn't caliban say that?

>he was told not to got outside
>went to the surface
>forced against his will to hunt people like him
>never allowed to have a good life, as miserable if not more miserable than Logan
>never fell in love
>left with the xavier, the man who tried to make people who were like him have better lives
>captured again and forced to track people he would otherwise care about
>hears gunshots outside, can only assume more people are dying because of him

Caliban is a tragic figure in this movie, and it's true to the comics, is it not?
>>
File: 1477003731277.gif (3MB, 300x252px) Image search: [Google]
1477003731277.gif
3MB, 300x252px
>>90757191
>>
>>90758833
>reached out to Logan to help with Logan being sick, is rebuffed by an angry old man
>>
>>90755102
I still laugh at the one guy who wanted Superman to beat Bizarro to death like he's putting down Lenny, crying the entire time he's doing it.
>>
>>90758582
>Logan is only set a few years after DoFP and has suddenly aged more than he did in 150 years
[Citation Needed]
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.