[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What went wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: lxg2.jpg (16KB, 300x228px) Image search: [Google]
lxg2.jpg
16KB, 300x228px
What went wrong?
>>
It didn't follow the source material 100% which is the same case to literally every capeshit that came out.

The twist is that with LxG, the creator was literally autistic

also bad pacing, editing and that venice scene was bad
>>
The thing that bugged me is that they intentionally chose a dated time period, and then just said fuck it and went sideways with the technology.
>>
Sean Connery took the role even though he didn't understand the plot.
>>
Sean Connery decided to fuck with the director.
>>
>>90740943
To be fair, he said he turned down past movies like the Matrix and Lord of The Rings because he didn't understand them. So he figured it just must be him and took this role assuming it would be a hit too
>>
>>90740943
He was trying to make up for passing on Gandalf because he didn't understand that either.
>>
>>90740325
Despite the massive dumbing down of Moore, this could have been salvageable into an okay popcorn flick

The script was just too lackluster even for that
>>
>>90740325
It had the best hulk we got from any capeshit movie atleast
>>
>>90741026
What the fuck is there not to understand about being a dope ass wizard
>>
>>90740325
One thing I actually liked:

The addition of Dorian Grey as this hedonistic immortal. I don't necessarily agree with what they actually did with the character, but I like the idea.

The painting was fucking tame as fuck though and I was majorly let down.

NOTHING compared to the old DG film. Holy fucking shit that was nightmare fuel and a half. Trouble my before-sleep mind's eye for many a year when I was younger.

Truly horrific.
FIlm was just a lame skelly face. Old one and you could almost smell the corruption through the screen, a miasma infecting the TV set and beyond.
>>
>>90740325
What is the verdict on this fucker?

I've seen both people praising it for sticking to practical effects and looking great and admonishing it for looking cheap.
>>
>>90741611
There were a few times that it looked cheap, but considering how awful the muscle hulk looked it could have been much worse.
>>
I enjoyed it. Fun popcorn movie.

Never read the comic though.
>>
>>90740357
>It didn't follow the source material 100% which is the same case to literally every capeshit that came out
Comics and film are different mediums. Some things work in one and some don't.
>>
>>90740325
not enough rape
>>
>>90742013
Same.

Are the comics worth it?
>>
>>90742019
Give some examples to back your statement up or you can go gently fuck yourself
>>
>>90742235
Well yes. Films are moving pictures with sound and comics are still pictures without sound.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.