[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Doctor Manhattan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: Manhattan.jpg (99KB, 495x750px) Image search: [Google]
Manhattan.jpg
99KB, 495x750px
Why did he fuck with the DC universe?
>>
To observe truly idyllic, above-it-all forces of good in people like real superheroes which the Watchmen could have only dreamt of being if their world wasn't so mired in grey i guess
>>
>>90737380
He was bored.
>>
>>90737380
cause he's a cunt
>>
>>90737380
He had no choice. He's simply going through the motions he must. He's a puppet like all of us, the only difference is that he can see the strings.
>>
File: Ozymandiascomics[1].jpg (9KB, 154x200px) Image search: [Google]
Ozymandiascomics[1].jpg
9KB, 154x200px
>>90737380
He got outsmarted by the puppeteer
>>
Creative bankruptcy.
>>
Mr. Donner's Assistant had a point to make
>>
File: Untitled.png (98KB, 419x534px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
98KB, 419x534px
>>
>>90737380
Because they really are going through Alan's bins
>>
>>90737380
If you actually read Rebirth it seems more like Manhattan was the one that FIXED the DCU instead of being the one that caused N52. There's the image of him fixing the watch and the doomsday clock rolling back.
>>
>>90737380
The sad thing is they could very easily pull >>90737539
because he legit could claim he doesn't care about the DC universe and was just doing it because that is what he always did after leaving his own universe. Then he could just leave because his role was finished and all the changes would still be there except slowly the bad changes would be undone while the good ones kept and protected.

Alternatively they could go at the angle that he was trying to muck with time to see if it is possible to break the rails and force existences off the tracks into the unknown. He could be trying to free himself by simply breaking existence so that there is no longer a future, which would allow him to act however he wants and actually be surprised at the result.

For a scientist, it must be maddening to not only know the exact tests he will perform and their results but be forced to stick to the order and unable to use his discoveries until he has gone through the motions.
>>
>>90737380
Because he simply can and did it?
>>
>>90738431
>expecting literacy from Watchmenfags
>>
>>90737380

Johns is a hack, a suit's bitch
>>
>>90738687
>expecting anyone who's not a tryhard to read post nu52 dc
>>
>>90737380
because DC is fucking desperate for readers
>>
>>90737539
>>90738474
>He can see the strings

Turn the page. Do it. Slave.

But I think he would actually find the DC cosmos liberating compared to where he's from. There's actual magic and time travel and souls in DC. That's going to blow his mind.
>>
Because Johns didn't like what Watchman did to his funnybooks and he thinks he's being subtle about it
>>
>>90738961
Nobody who uses the word "funnybooks" has anything relevant to say. Filtered.
>>
File: yousuckgeoff.jpg (753KB, 1280x2027px) Image search: [Google]
yousuckgeoff.jpg
753KB, 1280x2027px
>>90738961
>flashpoint/nu52 bombs
>g-guys, why did you stop reading my books. i made them dark and edgy like you wanted

>rebirth
>it wasn't my fault that the books were ill received, it was alan moore's fault.
>>
>>90739074
But New 52 saw an increase in readers.
>>
>>90739034
How's media work treating you these days, Geoff?
>>
Johns already said he's not a villain. It's something he did by accident while trying to do something else OR a higher force (Time Trapper or something) has misled or is controlling him.
>>
>>90739152
Is that why they backpeddled so hard with "Rebirth"? Because of all those new readers?
>>
>>90737380
I don't really read DC, how did he fuck with the universe?
>>
>>90739152
>But New 52 saw an increase in readers.
It saw a dead cat bounce like most of the DCBs that come after a crisis event, but it also alienated enough regular oldfag purchasers that sales declined again and all the 20something marvel babies excited by "no continuity" couldn't sustain sales.

DC is at the end of the day about continuity no matter how fucked up and retconned it gets. They had their experiment of "what if we were just like Marvel, would that make us successful" and learned the only way they could that this isn't the path to being the best DC they could be. And Rebirth is the smartest thing they've done in 20 years or more.

Marvel? "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING–FOREVER!" "SOCIAL JUSTICE LEAGUE!" "BROWNFIST, SHE'S COOLER THAN GREENDAY" Then when the sales go down the shitter, blame DC instead of editorial.

>>90739074
>it wasn't my fault that the books were ill received
Rebirth wasn't ill received.
>>
>>90739263
DC You was what sold badly. If you read comics you would know this.
>>
>>90737380
>Why did he fuck with the DC universe?
He thought he was Morrison.
>>
The current wisdom is that Manhattan had to steal something like time from the DCU to sustain his universe. He wasn't intentionally fucking with characters because in case you hadn't noticed from Watchmen, getting dumped by Laurie pretty much ended his interest in people. OTOH Ozy's already established as the curious scientific mind without regard for individual morals who'd easily play with the lives of others in service of his grand design, and it's still theorized he's the dude in the robes (although the jury's out on that until an actual reveal).

The only thing painting Manhattan as a villain is his Rorschach-like murder of Pandora which makes more sense in her case than it did Walter's since unlike him she was in a position to interfere with his actions. Or you could look at it as him ending suffering on both their parts.

Osterman was a watchmaker, not a schemer.
>>
>>90739449
>if you read comic book sales articles you would know this.
ftfy'd your retarded statement for ya.
I guess all you retards forgot about the declining readership after the shiny #1 hype fell out.

>>90739435
Yeah but nu52 was and that's what I was referring to. That's why Rebirth and this "we're gonna fuck with watchmen's continuity now" happened.
>>
In the absence of the Monitor race, Doctor Manhattan has decided to take on the role of multiversal gardener. By editing the DCU, he's trimmed the branches, made it so the tree wouldn't buckle under its own weight. He doesn't care about what relationships and people that he's destroyed, he's just doing what's best for the plant as a whole.
>>
>>90737380
Johns is a retard
>>
>>90737439
I like this theory
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.