[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Secret Empire: United & Underground Tie-Ins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

File: Secret Empire United.jpg (232KB, 922x1400px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Empire United.jpg
232KB, 922x1400px
First one is by: Jim Zub! How bad can this go? Well look at Thunderbolts and the fact that this is post IvX Emma... How shit can it get?

>Another Secret Empire tie-in one-shot has been revealed, bringing Emma Frost from the shocking events of Inhuman vs. X-Men's finale into the new summer event, according to IGN. Secret Empire: United has the one-time White Queen leading a new team of X-Men against Steve Rogers' Hydra forces. The one-shot is written by Jim Zub, with art by Ario Anindito.

>Frost and her new X-Men team will be attempting to rebuff a Hydra invasion of New Tian, "a mutant controlled region of the United States." In Warren Ellis' Astonishing X-Men, a Chinese city called Tian was introduced as the secret home of a group of Chinese mutants.

>Marvel has, so far, announced three core X-Men teams as a part of their "ResurrXion" relaunch, none of which include Emma Frost. In fact, Emma seemed to have been set up as returning to villainy in Inhumans vs. X-Men, though that turn may not have been quite what it seemed. At this time, there is no Uncanny X-Men title announced for "ResurrXion" - which was the last title in which Emma Frost was a main character.

>Secret Empire: United is due out on shelves June 14.
>>
Guess they're ditching the shitty helmet already
>>
File: Secret Empire Underground.jpg (141KB, 864x1311px) Image search: [Google]
Secret Empire Underground.jpg
141KB, 864x1311px
I have no idea who Jeremy Whitley is.

>Mockingbird isn’t about to trade in her superhero ways for a life of terrorism, even if the original Captain America himself is now in charge of Hydra. As a result, the Avenger/Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. will find herself in charge of a group of like-minded heroes-turned-rebels in “Secret Empire: Underground.”

>The one-shot, written by Jeremy Whitley with art by Eric Koda, finds Bobbi Morse joined by Hercules, Mockingbird, Iron Man, Sam Wilson and Ant-Man in her quest to topple Hydra-Cap’s fascist regime. The team will somehow find themselves in the Savage Land, far from Cap’s base of power, but despite the physical distance, the tendrils of Hydra have wormed their way to the Antarctica-based prehistoric rainforest.

>Despite the “Secret Empire” tie-in featuring an interesting array of heroes, Whitley told Marvel.com that Mockingbird is, in no uncertain terms, the team’s leader.

>“I love writing Mockingbird,” Whitley said. “I see her as very well-rounded, in a way few heroes are. She has a background in science, she has years of experience in operations and espionage, she has served as an Avenger and a double agent. When I got the list of the characters that were going to be on this team, I knew Bobbi would step up as the leader. She knows how to run an operation and she has a history of getting the job done when the chips are down.”

>“For anyone reading ‘Secret Empire,’ this is an integral part of that story,” the writer continued. “You’ll see this team leave in the pages of ‘Secret Empire’ and you’ll see them arrive right back into the pages of ‘Secret Empire.’ If you follow that story, this is a must. However, I see it as a big adventure all on its own and I encourage fans of any of the characters to jump in and check it out.”

>“Secret Empire: Underground,” by Jeremy Whitley and Eric Koda, with a cover by R.B. Silva, arrives in May.
>>
>>90728460
>Bobbi Morse joined by Mockingbird,

Buh?
>>
Whoops, forgot sauces.

http://www.newsarama.com/33572-emma-frost-leads-new-x-men-team-against-secret-empire.html

http://www.cbr.com/marvel-secret-empire-captain-america-marvel/
>>
>>90728460
>I have no idea who Jeremy Whitley is.
He's the shitty writer behind the current shitty Wasp comic.
>>
>>90728412
>>90728460
But...there are three. Uprising, Underground and United.
>>
>>90728460
Whitley is the worst writer the Big 2 has ever paid
>>
>>90730753
Not him, but I'm SO calling bullshit on this.
>>
>>90730753
He's not that bad, at least had that cute story in the Secret Love one-shot. Probably just needs a better editor.
>>
>>90728412
you do know that outside of /co/ people actually like Zub?
>>
>>90730936
delusional buckyfags don't count
>>
>>90730954
no you idiot, people liked Skullkickers and his Harley Quinn run along with his excellent Samurai Jack run.
>>
>>90728460
>finds Bobbi Morse joined by Mockingbird

>Whitley told Marvel.com that Mockingbird is, in no uncertain terms, the team’s leader.
>in a team with a guy who was Captain America a few days before
What bothers me the most is that they have the need to loudly say SJWbird is the defacto leader in a team where she's the most useless one.
>>
>>90728460

this is kind of West Coast Avengers?
>>
>>90731356
I wouldn't say that Mockingbird is the most useless member on the team.
She's got hard light wings like Falcon does
And she's got that Super Soldier Serum/Infinity Serum mix in her blood so that makes her at least Steve's equal physically, if not slightly stronger

So she kinda edges out Sam in usefulness
>>
>>90728592
> Emma Frost leading
> Black Widow leading
> Mockingbird leading

> Captain America (white male) is the baddie.

What did Nick Spencer mean by this?
>>
>>90732607
I assume Medusa will still carry Black Bolt's balls in her purse in the upcoming Inhomos books, too.
>>
>>90731746
Sam can talk to birds. I'm not sure what more you want.
>>
>>90732734
Royals should be in space at this point

Secret Warriors will be led by Quake and Kamala though
>>
>>90733040
Does it carry over to dinosaurs?
>>
>>90731005
And then he shit up a beloved Team book by constantly sucking Bucky's cock.
>>
File: -018 copy.jpg (365KB, 1000x1537px) Image search: [Google]
-018 copy.jpg
365KB, 1000x1537px
>>90733040
Sam doesn't have the superhuman abilities that the Super soldier serum gives though.

Like Mockingbird can straight up dent steel doors with her bare hands
>>
>>90733188
Yeah, but can she talk to birds?
>>
>>90728412
Is that suppose to be Steve in the background? He looks fat

>>90728460
Guy who is writing the Wasp, and wants to guest star real female scientists in the comic or something but I gave up after the second issue because of how boring it was.

He's also very obnoxious and loves Mockingbird because lol science!

That said Sam should be the leader of this team fuck the whole "he's emotionally compromised" shit excuse also Quicksilver was close to Cap too, they were both part of the Kooky Quartet but casual writers don't read comics.
>>
>>90733052
Also Kitty leading one X-Men team.

>>90735042
Pretty sure she can.
Now, if they're gonna understand her, it's something else entirely.
>>
>>90728412
>How shit can it get?
Very shit
>>
>>90732607
He meant that you can go suck a dick and fuck off back to /pol/
>>
File: tumblr going full retard.jpg (823KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr going full retard.jpg
823KB, 1249x1920px
>>90732607
It won't matter if they pander because SJWs hate this event and no matter how many women beat the shit out of HydraCap they still made him Hydra and while the fangirls will never admit it they are white cock Fujoshits before anything else and Spencer making Cap Hydra and gaying him up with Zemo instead of Bucky is making them wish him dead.

They are also wishing him death since they think he's making Magneto Hydra because of a variant cover, Spencer is hated more than Remender at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if an autist decides to attack him at a con.
>>
File: dy5859e3df.gif (241KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
dy5859e3df.gif
241KB, 300x300px
>>90735320
>>
So you guys here actually read this crap?

Most people i know (male and female, many comic book fans in general), refuse to touch new marvel issues until they find their marbles again.
>>
>>90735507
I'm only touching Nova and Ultimates 2 and I just skim this shit for the laughs and read the drama that comes out of it but I sure as hell ain't paying for it.
>>
>>90735507
Some of it, to see what's happening.
Man, it's bad. During some of IvX we could wonder if Marvel had finally unJUSTed itself, then it gets to the last issue.
I have no clue how they expect to sell anything after that, honestly. Every cent they lose now? They deserve to.
>>
>>90735497
Fine lets play your little game then retard.
> Captain America (white male) is the baddie.
>He is the baddie because red skull made him baddie
>Red skull (Nazi) made him a baddie with the help of an little girl
>Little girl (cosmic cube) is actual a sentient cosmic being who can warp reality
>Red Skull used little girl to rewrite one persons history
WHAT
MEAN
BY
THIS
THEY
DID?
>>
>>90735550
Everyone who allowed Marvel to get to this point should be purged, Axel "I love hip hop and I'm Korean cause I married a Korean" Alonso being the first one to go.

Maybe Quesada too for appointing him there.

But there needs to be a purge, just keep the 2 or 3 writers that are decent as well as some of the artists but everyone else needs to get BTFO'ed
>>
>>90735620
Well yeah, things got ruined pretty bad since quesada. There's actually a"diversity department" or something like that, and the time when its head was hired matches with the beginning of the whole cuckery we see going on right now.

But I'm not sure they could ever get rid of every idiot on board. Ike is said to be the one pushing the Inhomos, so I wouldn't be surprised if the anticlimatic end of IvX had to be approved by him.
>>
So are we getting a new X-Force led by Emma Frost or not?
>>
>>90735507
I work in retail, I've got fuckall else to do on Wednesdays. Reading storytimes helps kill time.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.