[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Characters too nice for their show

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: Dr-orpheus-picture.jpg (37KB, 364x326px) Image search: [Google]
Dr-orpheus-picture.jpg
37KB, 364x326px
ITT: Characters too nice for their show
>>
>>90718281
"It's like playing keep away with the neighbourhood SPASTIC"

Greatest line in animation from the one and only Dr O.
God bless him.
>>
>>90719311
YOU TRUSTED ME WITH YOUR FLESH AND BLOOD AND I FAILED YOU! HATE ME!!!
>>
He repeatedly mind wipes his daughter to hide that a portal to hell exists in her closet

That's pretty bad
>>
>>90718281
He's too adorable
>>
File: Ned_Flanders.png (72KB, 274x440px) Image search: [Google]
Ned_Flanders.png
72KB, 274x440px
>>90718281
I don't know what they've done to him lately, though.
>>
>>90721682
>I don't know what they've done to him lately, though.
Made him the token "religion is bad and makes you bad," character
>>
>>90721764
actually a lot of new episodes seem to loosen up on that and are instead undoing his forgiving/oblivious nature and having him just be a pussy who wants Homer to not treat him like shit
>>
>>90721764
Religion is like soccer, it's for brown people.
>>
>>90718281
The lack of Orpheus was my only qualm about Season 6.
>>
>>90722295
>Europeans
>Religious
>>
Obligatory
>>
>>90721549
What exactly is wrong with mind-wiping someone? Prospero from Shakespeare's the Tempest used a sleeping spell on his daughter Miranda for similar purposes, and he's a good guy. He's just exercising his fatherly duty to keep his daughter from negative influences.
>>
>>90722897
>Good
But Prospero's a manipulative, vengeful and crotchety old man, whereas Dr O. is an innocent studmuffin.
>>
>>90718281

It's underappreciated that a bonafide necromancer is by far one of the most morally uncompromised character on Venture Bros.

Hank and maybe Billy are the only ones that come close.
>>
>>90718281
It's a shame Orpheus hasn't appeared much lately.
I love his line delivery and how despite being an all-powerful necromancer he's honestly kind of useless and considered lame, as well as one of the few genuine good guys of the show.
>>
>>90718281

>Literally only namecalled once last season

Fuck.

I wonder where he and Al are living now, crashing with Jefferson I guess?
>>
>>90724912
Hopefully they find their way to New York
>>
>>90723101
What about Dean?

I seriously want to see Dean start pursuing the path of supervillainy as a way of rebelling against Dr. Venture and realizing that when he isn't concerned about everyone else he gets better at science. I feel like Think Tank hinted that family issues, more than anything, were what were holding him back.
>>
>>90725107
Jefferson is allegedly based on a group of New Aged Black Men that Jackson and Public constantly see around New York, keeping the Blacula population down. So it's not like there's not basis for setting up an apartment there.
>>90726696
I think that was more Think Tank trying to get Dean out of the way so he could enjoy his DUEL OF THE BRAINS.
I don't think Dean is going to go villain mode. If anything he's probably just going to become more and more normal and actually escape the life.
>>
>>90727085
They can't afford to live in NYC.
>>
>>90725107
All is a fag, he will totally drag them along in his quest to see something on Broadway. It will be glorious too, watching Al act out bits from Broadway plays.
>>
>>90727135
Is living NYC adjacent too expensive?
>I mean so long as we're looking for new places maybe we can get out of Nowhere, Nevada. Hey, Twilight you still got that apartment in Brooklyn?
>Hell no, I don't have that apartment in Brooklyn. I can't afford it anymore. And it'sa god damn shame., that place had history. I mean sure it was infested by a hidden coven of Blaculas trying to gain a grip on humanity starting there but y'know it was real n' shit. The corner store where I staked my first vampire lord is now an artisnal cupcake shop. I've been defending that place from bloodsuckers for 30 years and a bunch of 20somethin' white hipsters gentrify the joint and rent hike my ass out of town.
>>
File: ProfChaos.jpg (35KB, 768x576px) Image search: [Google]
ProfChaos.jpg
35KB, 768x576px
>>90722880
>nice
>>
>>90727192
They already did the Broadway thing with Rusty though
>>
File: King_of_the_Hill_(logo).svg.png (46KB, 1024x220px) Image search: [Google]
King_of_the_Hill_(logo).svg.png
46KB, 1024x220px
i can't think of anyone in this show, everybody is equal parts good natured and asshole.
>>
File: Hahaha, they smell MY cat!.png (884KB, 923x595px) Image search: [Google]
Hahaha, they smell MY cat!.png
884KB, 923x595px
>>90724515

What are you talking about?
Dr. Orpheus is a legitimate sorcerer and is respected in his field. He actually has friends and good social connections. Dr. O even raised his daughter when he wife bailed, and Triana turned out to not only be a well-adjusted teenage girl but also a talented witch apprentice.
He cooks, he cleans, he's funny, he's a caring single dad, he's amazing.
>>
>>90729724
Doesn't mean he isn't considered useless by other characters on the show
>>
Oscar Proud
>>
>>90726696
Becoming a villain as a way to rebel against your boy adventurer dad sounds hilarious.

Though I think that kind of acting out would be more in Hanks character. Getting pissed off a Rusty and pretending to be a villain and insisting on being taken seriously but Rusty plays it off like when a kid says they're running away from home.
>>
>>90728016
What does Professor Chaos have to do with Butters?
>>
File: GoodOnePally.jpg (95KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
GoodOnePally.jpg
95KB, 400x389px
>>90727610
>in character
>funny
>10/10
>>
>>90729534
Bill?
>>
File: sarahcake.jpg (35KB, 936x540px) Image search: [Google]
sarahcake.jpg
35KB, 936x540px
>>
>>90731267
This
>>
>>90721682
>>90721764
you mean to tell me that he wasflanderized?
>>
>>90730781
>Stereotypical dad
>Tries to act like "the man" in front of guests, even if it means talking down to his wife
>Forces his shitty snacks on everyone, even if it makes them sick
Next

>>90731093
O-Oh... Buddy, I have some news for you. You ready? Butters and Professor Chaos share blood.

>>90731110
Indeed. Kekd heartily.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.