[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I never watched this growing up. Why does it get such praise?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7565.jpg (224KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7565.jpg
224KB, 960x1440px
I never watched this growing up. Why does it get such praise?
>>
>>90717566
1. Being part of Cartoon Networks golden age

2. Outlasting its contemporaries which makes it look even better in hindsight

3. Fairly unique animation, humor style and premise (you don't see a lot of kids cartoons where the main characters are flat-out con artists looking for a quick buck)

4. In an age where cartoon violence for it's o n sake isn't as prevalent, the nostalgic lament it passing even more
>>
>>90717566
Watch it and figure out, numbnuts.
>>
>The animation was very solid for a TV show.
>The sound design was very well done.
>Same for the music, they composed a new score with a small jazz band for every episode rather than reusing tunes.
>Its use of over-the-top slapstick was reminiscent of Looney Tunes in a good way.
>The jokes hit nearly every time.
>The characters, while not always loveable, were certainly distinct and memorable.
>The interactions between the Eds were developed and explored in nearly every scenario through the show's run.
>Only a few bad episodes sprinkled through 5 seasons and a movie.
>The premises of most episodes were unique or had significant twists on old cliches.
>It actually had a solid conclusion and ended on its own terms.
>>
Honestly I hated it when it was new so it's weird to come on /co/ and seeing how much love it gets. It was a very ugly show to me both in designs and how the characters acted.

It's probably not too hard to just watch a couple of episodes though to see how it goes for you.
>>
File: 1485920471445.jpg (27KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1485920471445.jpg
27KB, 640x640px
>>90717566
Easy.Just watch it faggot
Are you seriously asking a question only you can answer?
It's praised because a majority of people think it's good obviously
>>
>>90718462
>just watch it

Doesn't the Geneva Convention forbid torturing a man?
>>
>>90717566
>Why does it get such praise?

Beacuse it was good.

It's still good.

The animation is roughshod, the image quality is crap.

Nobody cared then, nobody cares now, it's all about the funny.
>>
It's good...like really good. I don't think there has been one episode I haven't enjoyed. And to top it all of it actually ended on an amazing note.
Still in my opinion the best cartoon CN ever had.
>>
>>90717566
It catered to a certain section of kids who now make up the majority of /co/. It really wasn't a good show at all by any means, it had hideous animation, obnoxious fucking voices, and stupid gross out humor.
>>
>>90717566
1 One of the last animations still done with cells
2 Amazing sound effects
3 Ran so long a whole generation has nostalgia for it
4 it is not afraid to be dark/mature but doesn't dwell on it (Eds parents being abusive,eddys feeling of inadequacey to his brother, double d does everything in his house cause his parents don't have time for him they even leave notes likedon't touch yourself edward love mom)
5 I'd say it is funny but that is subjective

The show did a lot for the medium of animation in a time where a lot of aspects of Ed Edd n eddy would not have happened on other shows. The 2000s were when animation became cheaper than ever and as a result quality varied with the mass influx of new content.Why try it is for kids they'll watch anything the cheaper the better! For every Edd ed n eddy there was a Mike lu and og and for every samurai jack there was a squirrel boy for instance.
>>
>>90718871
> hideous animation
That is a vicious and injustice lie and you know it. What is your definition of good animation that isn't classic Warner or a film serial I will wait for you to say ignorant shit like Steven universe as well animated or some shit like dbz. Maybe you'll parrot some shit from a YouTube video like aeon flux or something lmao.
>>
it's a show for autists
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.