[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does Rocko's Modern Life hold up today?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: o3zqp5oesehjbmaisbxv.jpg (2MB, 1920x1491px) Image search: [Google]
o3zqp5oesehjbmaisbxv.jpg
2MB, 1920x1491px
Does Rocko's Modern Life hold up today?
>>
Strangely, yes.

Despite being very 1990s it doesn't depend on references so it holds up.
>>
Not progressive enough, nor enough CalArts characters and not enough easy to draw and animate flash. the Male dominated animations of the 90's have no place in our progressive new industry and that is good.
>>
>>90717436
It's okay. The highlight is Ed Bighead and his delicious histrionics. Like he was supposed to be a regular working class douche but every time he spoke he sounded like he was gonna do a Shakespeare soliloquy
>>
I think it might be one of those shows that get better when you grow up.
>>
>>90717587
This is he right answer.

There was a fuck huge gap between my watching it as a kid and catching it again on Nicktoons but my god does it only get better.

Episodes I considered somewhat dull back then are some of my favorites now.
>>
>>90717436
Yes because I get all the adult humor now
>>
File: IMG_1101.jpg (26KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1101.jpg
26KB, 230x219px
>>90717568
Reminder that Ed Bighead did nothing wrong.
>>
>>90717436
>Does Rocko's Modern Life hold up today?
Of course it does, it's actually about something. Rocko is in a very important period of his life and while we saw it as kids the show is more understood and appreciated when you're older.

Look at the opening. Rocko finishes school and leaves his parents to live on his own. Unfortunately his world often fails him. This is where a lot of the humor comes from. Real Monsters is another show I watched all the time but didn't understand very well. That's about life from an Eastern European perspective.

You can leave a lot of lasting impressions by communicating an idea or using a style representative of a place or time period. Way more interesting than just coming right out of the door and explaining it.
>>
I think Heffer is the only role Tom Kenny had that doesn't really give away it's him.
>>
>>90717494
Holding up today and could it be made today are two very different things.

Even then Gumball almost falls into the same area of totally non-diverse cast show full of adult humor still entertaining kids.
>>
>>90723349
as an eastern european kid, real monsters was one of my favourite nicktoons but i never understood why. maybe i subtly got the jokes? i should rewatch it
>>
>>90717436
No
Then again, nothing does
>>
>>90717436
Rewatched it after getting my first job as an adult and after I moved out from my parents. Holds up pretty well. I could relate to the characters a lot more than when I was a child.
>>
>>90717436
I rewatched it a few years ago and I absolutely think it does. Granted that may be nostalgia.
>>
>>90726231
>as an eastern european kid
please keep posting

tell us your story
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.