[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

your thoughts on elena of avalor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

File: Elena.of.Avalor..jpg (293KB, 650x673px) Image search: [Google]
Elena.of.Avalor..jpg
293KB, 650x673px
what is your opinion of elena of avalor
>>
>>90715378
For children under 10.so not very engaging
the songs kinda blow
cute character designs so its fill of waifu bait

3/10
>>
Disney spics
>>
>>90715430
>For children under 10
i-i don't think that's true, anon-kun.
>>
>>90715378
She is kinda hot.
>>
Cute character. Fun theme song. From the little I've seen of the show it's not for me. I'm sure it's great for young kids though.
>>
>>90715892
>I'm sure it's great for young kids though.
it's a pleasant watch for adults as well you know. kinda comfy
>>
I've watched it because a friend of mine voices the short dude who always tells her not to do things.

It's kind of bland.
>>
>>90715378
I like it.
>>
>>90715378

I heard it's good
>>
>>90715378
What the fuck is wrong with her mouth
>>
>>90717327
it's just an awkward screencap
>>
>>90717379
Okay that doesn't trigger my autism, thanks.
>>
File: 32432.jpg (81KB, 800x480px)
32432.jpg
81KB, 800x480px
Why is disney trying to force a brown spanish speaking princess? spanish speaking princesses have never been brown.
Fucking americans
>>
>>90717495
Avalor isn't a real country, shitlips.
>>
>>90717495
No one really cares, Spain.
>>
>>90717562
pls don't engage with /pol/sters. ty
>>
>>90717495
They want the Latino audience, but they hit a brick wall when they came to the realization that the classic princess and castles and kingdom tropes inevitably call for an Old World setting, so they made up some fantasy Moorish-Spanish nation that, I imagine, is some alternate universe where the Reconquista never happened.
>>
>>90717614
There would have been several slurs in there if it was a /pol/ster.
>>
>>90717495
There's no reason to be this upset.
>>
>>90717636
But then again moors in spain were not black africans like you americans believe
>>
>>90717809
I am not American.
>>
>>90717809
Okay
>>
>>90717636
>>90717809
I think it's a fictional Latin American kingdom, not a Spanish one. Wikipedia mentions the LA influences and they have jaguars (which are native to the Americas).
>>
is this really what you guys want /co/ to be? can't talk about any non-white character or show without this garbage. it is decidedly non-comfy
>>
>>90718057
This entire website is non-comfy and has been for a long, long time.
>>
>>90718057
just ignore the poltard autists or call them out
This is a thread about a relatively unknown how aimed at small children, so I don't think you can expect much discussion anyway
>>
>>90718495
I am /co/mblr as fuck and the most liberal son of a bitch you'll ever meet and even I think these people are overreacting.
>>
>>90718495
If it's fictionalized anyway then why do you care about accuracy? Maybe Europeans intermarried with native people in Avalor. How is that more confusing than flying jaguars? Nothing wrong with a brown princess.
>>
>>90718495
the spaniard claiming that medieval had no mestizo looking people is obvioulsy correct and there is nothing wrong with giving factoids, I'm talking about the retards caring about muh forced brown people
also
>spanish speaking princesses have never been brown.
this is incorrect tho, allied indian tribes retained their nobility titles after the conquest and learned spanish and converted, so there were brown princesses (tho not members of the panish royal family, but rather of regional tribal nobilities) that did speak spanish
>>
File: 1-37.jpg (341KB, 1280x834px)
1-37.jpg
341KB, 1280x834px
It seems that we will get Russian Disney princess only in 50-100 years
>inb4 muh Anastasia
>>
>>90718685
*medieval spain
>>
>>90715378
>your opinion of elena of avalor
Disappointing. A few episodes indicate that it is going to be one of those incredibly generic kids shows, just with better animation and character models. It seems to mostly be aiming for the Disney-contrarian audience, people who still want Disney princesses but don't want one "as white as they always are." (and aren't aware of Princess and the Frog, Mulan, or several others)
>>
>>90715378
I'll wait until it ends.
>>
>>90718495
Do you do it often, and with other shows as well?
>>
>>90719231
I think Disney fans have heard of Mulan and PatF.
>>
File: 7862526352.png (59KB, 788x844px)
7862526352.png
59KB, 788x844px
>>90717495
Latin Americans have a pathetic culture and a hilarious history of stagnation rivaled only by Africa. They are hoping that if they create a story about a fake Latin American country with a princess that it will fill the void and be widely popular.
>>
>>90719422
and thus the autistic procession continues
>>
I'll sometimes catch this on TV. I like it more than most of the other shows on the channel, but I don't get to watch it much because my kids don't care for it. All they want is Sofia the First and Messi.
>>
I'm bothered by how much shit Esteban gets. We as the audience know it's justified, but as far as the characters are concerned he did the heavy lifting of running a kingdom for decades, yet they disregard his opinions at every chance.
>>
>>90719387
>I think Disney fans have heard of Mulan and PatF.
I think that Disney fans have higher standards than Elena of Avalor.

It's more aimed towards little kids with no standards, and the reactive Tumblrtards who think that Frozen would've been far better with a black protagonist.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.