[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Explain to me how McFarlane's run isint perfect?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

Explain to me how McFarlane's run isint perfect?
>>
>>90710452
McFarlane was also the writer.
>>
His love for baseball propelled him to win bigly in comics so he could support his true love, baseball, for which he would only ever be an amateur and admirer.
>>
>>90710472
>Implying this isint a positive
>>
File: image.jpg (568KB, 988x1500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
568KB, 988x1500px
Because he created a villian with one of the worst motivations of all time,fuck Brock got better in OTHER peoples story but his first appearance is fucking garbage outside of art
>>
>>90710472
This

He had some decent ideas (I liked the Wendigo arc) with average to bad execution. And then he had some fucking godawful ideas like the first arc.
>DOOMDOOMDOOMDOOM
>>
>>90710452
>Explain to me how McFarlane's run isint perfect?
ASM #300 is overrated. There are so many things wrong with it...
Venom looks like Spider-Man on steroids. Bagley did him much better IMO.
Besides, he's initially a very lackluster villain, and the whole issue is pretty lackluster. Imagine if Two-Face wasn't established as a friend of Bruce Wayne, but was just another bad guy of the week. Then he catches the Batman, and we learn that he is Harvey Dent, some guy we've never heard of before. This is pretty much ASM #300. There's no tension because this is the first time Eddie Brock fucking appears. There's no "oh, it's THAT guy!" moment.
Also, the way Parker brushes every stupid clain of Brock off is astounding. Sure, Brock's accusations are stupid, but this is fucking PETER PARKER we're talking about. He has a guilt complex. He obsesses over being guilty even when he's not guilty, surely you'd think a man trying to kill him because of some grudge would affect Parker in SOME way. But nope, he just changes the suit, and it wasn't even his idea.
Also, half the issue is just boring shit about Parker moving into another apartment or some shit like that.
The opening and the closing pages are pretty much the only good things about ASM #300
>>
>>90710765
I wonder if he regrets those baseball purchases.

It did bring him a LOT of publicity.

But that's millions of dollars gone.
>>
McFarlane run made Peter mopey and emo for the next few years, giving us cringeworthy pages where he refers to himself in the third person as "The Spider"
>>
>>90711270

Isn't that David Michelinie's fault?
>>
File: GREEN LANTERN 076 008.jpg (136KB, 392x382px) Image search: [Google]
GREEN LANTERN 076 008.jpg
136KB, 392x382px
>>90710452
>>
>>90711858
No he didn't. You fucked up and confused the Clone Saga with the McFarlane run.
>>
>>90710452
It's funny that he takes the piss out of edgy anti-heroes in adjectiveless Spider-Man's early arcs (i.e., Masques and the Wendigo arc), immediately before going on to launch one of the edgiest characters of the 90s.

But, for all it's flaws, his adjectiveless Spider-Man run was actually a lot of fun. I enjoyed it from start to finish, and could actually see the parallels between it and early Spawn. Really, more like an inverted Spawn.

He's not the best writer in the world, but the man was rather creative in his heyday.
>>
>>90710452
>1st all-new collector's item issue!
Oh 90s, you and your delightful industry crashing escapades.
>>
>>90710472
He's also the artist, which is almost worse!

No, seriously, the man's a great pinup artist, but he has absolutely no sense for how to construct a comic page. His issues are just pinups with words attached.
>>
>>90711739
Your grudge is pretty fucking pathetic when Peter "It's MY fault my secret agent parents died!" Parker asks why the fuck you're blaming him.
>>
>>90710452
It wasn't? In fact, it was pretty shit.
>>
>>90715011
>Peter "It's MY fault my secret agent parents died!" Parker asks why the fuck you're blaming him.
that's the problem, he doesn't even ask it; it's never addressed
and he still influenced a man's life, and that man later almost killed him. granted, that was mostly because that man was a whiny bitch, but that still happened. in Parker place, I would at least be worried. give SOME sort of a reaction besides "well better throw that black suit away lol"
>>
>>90710452
It's drawn by McFarlane.
>>
>>90714964
I think mcfarlane would go well together with morrison, given the fact that morrison does a lot of the page layout himself.
>>
>>90715567
You're not wrong, really. Shame he cares about controlling his work when he's absolutely terrible at it.

Shame Morrison doesn't illustrate his own books, he's a competent artist.
>>
>>90715331
Figure of speech, but yes.

Peter not jumping on a chance to blame himself is like Logan being peppy and optimistic, or Reed not being a stick in the mud, or Namor being humble in the presence of people he doesn't know. It's crazy how little some of the writers at the big two care about researching the simple ass characters they script.

The moral of the story is that you don't let pencillers write shit just because they're popular. Byrne and Lyle should have been evidence enough.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.