[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So Iron Fist is getting absolutely destroyed by critics. Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 438
Thread images: 35

File: wPDVniqN5ydu.jpg (28KB, 622x360px) Image search: [Google]
wPDVniqN5ydu.jpg
28KB, 622x360px
So Iron Fist is getting absolutely destroyed by critics. Are you worried? I am, I was looking forward to this shit

>The review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported a 12% approval rating with an average rating of 4.45/10 based on 17 reviews. The website's critical consensus reads, "Despite some promising moments, Iron Fist is weighed down by an absence of momentum and originality."[77] Metacritic, which uses a weighted average, assigned a score of 35 out of 100 based on 8 critics, indicating "generally unfavorable reviews".[78]

Reviewing the first six episodes of the series, Daniel Fienberg for The Hollywood Reporter had negative thoughts, calling Iron Fist Marvel and Netflix's "first big misstep" adding, "Iron Fist feels like a step backward on every level, a major disappointment that already suffers from storytelling issues through the first six episodes... and would probably be mercifully skippable in its entirety if it weren't the bridge into the long awaited Defenders crossover series."
>>
>>90708466
Is this review by someone who isn't mad he's not Asian?
>>
>>90708502
i can't imagine every single reviewer is just mad about that, no one is giving it good reviews

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Fist_(TV_series)#Critical_response
>>
>>90708466
nah, the negative shit I hear is all about him not being asian. I'm looking forward to it. And I will probably end up enjoying it, cause I like cheesy kung fu shit.
>>
>>90708466
>Are you worried?
of course not Marvel has proved time and time again that they make nothing but great stuff

like >>90708502 said most of these reviews are by SJWs butthurt that Danny isn't Asian
>>
>>90708525
You'd be surprised how the biggest gripe in nearly every review is about him not being made Asian.
It may very well be shit but id take anything these liberal regressives say with a huge grain of salt.
>>
>>90708533
>>90708549
i didn't want him to be asian either, but i don't get why you guys have so much confidence in Loras, he always seemed like the wrong choice to me and apparently he did a pretty bad job. i'm still gonna watch the show and see for myself, but i won't be surprised if it's bad
>>
>>90708466
I'm not a film critic so why would I care if it has "storytelling" problems? As long as it does not make me bore my brain out, it should be fine.
>>
Yeah, all the actual negatives I'm hearing make it sound awful and generic. Bad fightscenes, story direction is trash and Finn isn't good enough to carry the show.

Would it have been so difficult to mix up the whole formula and have him start in cosrume
>>
I don't know why people like you cite reviews. Everything the showrunners have been saying in interviews is largely concerning. You should have already given up on it.

No revenge plot and no mysticism mean that it's already not an Iron Fist show.
>>
>>90708591
Too bad because most of the critics said it was boring.
>>
>>90708605
>bad fight scenes

out of every character in marvel, iron fist ends up with bad fight scenes? oh the irony
>>
I wish the bad reviews were just because of race, but this is made by the guy who ran the later seasons of Dexter. The guy who thought it was a good idea for Dexter to become a lumberjack.
>>
>>90708621
wait, i saw him punch through a wall in a teaser, how can there be no mysticism?
>>
>Rotten Tomatoes reported a 12% approval rating with an average rating of 4.45/10 based on 17 reviews
>average rating of 4.45/10 based on 17 reviews
>17 reviews
>>
>>90708525
>relying on wikipedia to tell you information instead of actually reading said reviews

There is you're first problem. After you stop being a raging faggot, pull your head out of your ass and read a review or two. The mass majority of these early ones are just assblasted SJWs bitching that Danny is played by a white guy and not an Asian actor.

>>90708647
Exactly. We also see some glow-y hand Iron Fist stuff. I question if said critics even watched the show or are too blinded by their "diversity filter". I have a feeling the majority of them decided they hated the show before even watching the first episode.
>>
>>90708533
This. Only SJWs are fighting this show. Marvel has a track record of some of the best TV ever created and missing Iron Fist because DC bought a bunch of pet SJWs to trash them would be stupid.
>>
>>90708739
alright alright, but i'm wondering if you've already decided to love it. i guess we'll see on friday, boy will that be a /co/ /tv/ clusterfuck
>>
Who are the reviewers? What are their qualifications? Christ Stuckmann is a reviewer on RT and he's shit.
>>
>>90708782
>but i'm wondering if you've already decided to love it

Nah. I'm holding reservation till I see the show on Friday.

I have a feeling its more of the same. If you liked the previous Netflix Marvel stuff, you'll like this. If you didn't like the previous stuff, you'll hate it.
>>
>>90708533
this is called "confirmation bias" kids
please read the actual reviews and pay attention to when the casting decisions are brought up. They appear occasionally but the general consensus is its actually shit.

it'll be funny when you watch it, realize it's actually bad, but then pretend to like it to save face
>>
>>90708792
>What are their qualifications?
Clickbaiting SJWs
>>
>>90708792
yeah reviewers don't know shit, it's why everyone gets excited when they give shows like daredevil great reviews, but when they give bad reviews then they're just morons.
>>
>>90708466
Remember how before Fembusters came out it had a shit ton of positive reviews?
>>
>>90708804
>the general consensus is its actually shit.
Yeah, said reviewers think the casting is shit BECAUSE Finn Jones isn't Asian. Count how many times "Asian cultural appropriation" is said in those reviews, for example.
>>
>i want to take my time with the show
>i don't want to miss the threads when it comes out

goddamn your format netflix
>>
>>90708647
They probably just treat it like a normal superpower like heat vision or something and don't mention the actual meaning.

>>90708739
>Exactly. We also see some glow-y hand Iron Fist stuff. I question if said critics even watched the show or are too blinded by their "diversity filter". I have a feeling the majority of them decided they hated the show before even watching the first episode.

The critics aren't the ones who said it. It's the people actually working on the show. You're being reactionary for some reason here and I don't know why.

http://www.gamesradar.com/netflixs-iron-fist-wont-be-wearing-his-costume-or-even-a-mask-anytime-soon/

>“We’re trying to keep things extremely grounded and real and tell our stories through characters. So the mystical aspect is something we like to hint at, the idea that there is something bigger and larger out there, but we don’t delve into it all that deeply.”
>>
>>90708466
I haven't watched a full season of a netflix marvel show since Daredevil season 1. It looked shit and same-old-same-old to me from the very first trailer.
>>
>>90708814
unless they're bad reviews for the right stuff
>>
http://www.polygon.com/tv/2017/3/13/14907270/iron-fist-finn-jones-negative-reviews-defense

ITS MADE FOR THE FANS
>>
File: 1524097-zz.jpg (78KB, 450x334px) Image search: [Google]
1524097-zz.jpg
78KB, 450x334px
In hindsight, the signs were all there

All the Marvel Netflix shows have had a kind of tone that seems ill suited for Iron Fist. He's not a grim and gritty urban crime fighter, even if he does fight crime in grim and gritty urban environments frequently. Weirdly enough the Dr. Strange movie probably got the tone better than the show.

Beyond that, I question the ability of an American production to produce 13 episodes of kickass fighting. Daredevil had a few good fights but they were kind of sparse, all things considered. Luke Cage and Jessica Jones didn't have squat.
>>
>>90708764
>Marvel has a track record of some of the best TV ever created

So you think Agents of SHIELD is objectively good, huh?

Way to discredit yourself, junior.
>>
>>90708533
Most of the reviews seem to be saying the action scenes are shit and the writing in general is bad

But sure, the show is probably great and SJWs are just being meanies about it
>>
>>90708892
If it was made for the fans they wouldn't have had Luke fuck his gf. They don't give a single fuck about the fans.
>>
>>90708897
I mean... they made sure to give Daredevil his costume despite the fact taht the black one was fine and they didn't need to rush the stupid looking red one in the first season. And they dropped hints of Kun'Lun with Madam Gao and had zombie ninjas around. JJ and LK literally have superpowers.

With Iron Fist they didn't even bother to get good martial arts people on ti so the fight scenes would look good.
>>
>>90708915
better than anything on the CW
>>
>>90708947
>>90708947
yeah, hinting at the mystical would make sense if this is the first show, but not after Daredevil Season 2 and Strange
>>
I usually give a show three episodes before i decide i like it or hate it, i'm gonna give this six since i love Iron Fist.

god please let this just be asian hysteria
>>
>>90708466
>Iron Fist is weighed down by an absence of momentum and originality

Its amazing how people think this partly because of Arrow.
>>
>>90708915
>Agents of SHIELD
Unironically good. Ghost Rider and LMD arcs were both very well done.
>>
>>90709094
>god please let this just be asian hysteria

You know, it's only white people who are complaining that Danny isn't Asian.

Actual Asian people don't give a shit.
>>
>>90708897
>He's not a grim and gritty
Neither was Luke Cage, with all the glorious blaxploitation-esque funk and whatnot.
>>
>>90708466

Eh I'll still like it more than any of the Disney movies mostly because its a tv show and involves a more interesting character.
>>
>>90708466
Even if it were good it probably would have been destroyed by critics. Mainstream media feels sleighted because Danny isn't asian. fuck em.
>>
Could be they keep bringing up the casting and Asian thing because the show didn't even manage to get the best people for the job and instead seemed to have hired the first notable people who didn't already work for them and were currently available.
So maybe they are going overboard with SJW complaints. But it might simply be that in the end Marvel didn't even bother to make the show good despite being adamant in their "adherence" to canon.
>>
Part of the problem might be their insistence on sticking to 13 episodes. Iliked both Luke Cage and Daredevil S2, but tell they wouldn't have been better and tighter with 10 or even 8 episodes
>>
>>90709040
It's not better than Riverdale and iZombie.
>>
>>90708915
>So you think Agents of SHIELD is objectively good, huh?

When will the "AoS is shit!" meme die? Anyone who thinks this isn't any better than the SJWs bitching about alleged Asian cultural appropriation or whitewashing in Iron Fist.
>>
>>90708533
From the common folks or the critics? Because point me towards a review that bring up race
>>90708549
>time and time again that they make nothing but great stuff
He says as the Thor movies are crap and the Hulk hasn't been given any new movies
>>
File: A70-7724.jpg (98KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
A70-7724.jpg
98KB, 500x398px
>>90709132
Have you ever watched a blaxploitation movie? They're gritty as fuck

The grimness levels tend to vary but it's never exactly a walk in the park, unless you're Rudy Ray Moore
>>
>>90709164
>When will the "AoS is shit!" meme die?

I won't begrudge anybody who quit the show midway through or after season 1.

It was legitimately as bad as bad can be. Any improvement it might have made afterward is immaterial. A season THAT FUCKING bad justifies dropping the show and never looking back.
>>
btw, if anyone wants a wacky kung fu show, check out Into the Badlands. It's on a lower side of a budget spectrum, but it's fun.
>>
>>90709111
>Actual Asian people don't give a shit.

This. Most Asians are confused as to why white people even care.

Its just SJWs trying to feel self important.
>>
>>90709179
>Have you ever watched a blaxploitation movie? They're gritty as fuck
Depends on the movie, I would hardly call Blacula, Blackenstein, Cleopatra Jones, Boss Nigger and Black Dynamite for gritty.
>>
>>90709111
>>90709194

White people are so pathetic that they have to get offended FOR minorities, even when minorities don't care.

>"Silly colored person, you aren't smart enough to know when you've been insulted. But don't worry! I'll get offended FOR you and save you the trouble!"

Shitheads.
>>
>>90709140
>Mainstream media feels sleighted because Danny isn't asian.

Their basic mentality is:
>Martial arts movies are Asian, right?
>ONLY Asians people can play in ASIAN things!
>Its "diversity", guise! We're not promoting stereotypes in any way! Its D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y!
>>
>>90709194
>feel self important.
You misunderstand. SJWs that whine about this stuff make money off of their cries. Reviewers and youtubers, patreon bloggers and gamejournalists. They aren't SJWs because they feel like it. That's how they make their money. It's a job that doesn't require talent or qualifications.
>>
>>90709182
You could say the same thing about Star Trek: TNG.
>>
>>90709179
>unless you're Rudy Ray Moore
>Implying
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-tuQ0mnkhc
Rudy Ray Moore has had a hard life.
>>
>>90709142
>Could be they keep bringing up the casting and Asian thing because the show didn't even manage to get the best people for the job

Its not. Nearly every review specifically bitches about Iron Fist being a white guy and has some mention of "Asian cultural appropriation". Read the reviews. Its obnoxious.

After the fact they tack on an "oh yeah, and the show was boring... blah blah blah." as if its a complete after thought.
>>
>>90709209
well not entirely true, there was the whole star wars thing(GO ASIANS!) and the Ghost in the Shell which is more understandable since it's an asian show. but even then, when people got mad johnny storm was black it was racist, when people got mad ScarJo was playing an asian role it was justified, it's a little hypocritical
>>
>>90709111
>>90709194
>>90709209

What the fuck are you talking about? Actual Asian-Americans are the people who've been complaining the most. Other groups didn't even think it was an issue before then. They're just providing unwavering backup because the basic principles of the issue align with their own overall viewpoints anyway or because to do otherwise would be considered racist.
#AAIronFist was a hashtag started by an Asian-American guy and was primarily used by the Asian-American community before SJW and Black twitter jumped on it too
This isn't even the first time this year. Constance Wu was ready to tear down the whole Chinese movie industry for the casting of Matt Damon in Great Wall.
>>
>>90708892
The fans of Iron Fist who don't like Misty, kung fu magic, dragons, his costume and camp in general?

Sure.
>>
>>90709232

Yeah, it's an extension of Race Hustling.

Do you think people like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson WANT racial equality? Do you think people like Zoe Quinn and Anita Sarkeesian WANT gender equality?

Of course not. They've made their fortunes exaggerating and exploiting those perceived inequalities. If true equality were ever achieved, they'd be out of a job.
>>
>>90709205
Black Dynamite is an affectionate parody, I'd hardly call it a "genuine" example of the genre.
>>
>>90708466
they should have thought of that before whitewashing the main character
>>
>>90709182
This is true for tons of shows, though.

For the record, only the first 11 or 12 episodes are bad. And they aren't actually bad. The tone is just all over the place. Once the show finds its footing, its pretty good.
>>
>>90709261
I fucking hate everything about the people behind this adaption of Iron Fist. How can you fly so far off the mark? Iron Fist is a simple cartoony concept. Magical Kungfu Pajama man fights evil. THAT'S IT.
>>
File: maxresdefault (46).jpg (45KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (46).jpg
45KB, 1920x1080px
>>90709205
3 out of your 5 examples parodies
>>
>>90709193
Badlands has great fights, but abysmal an abysmal plot and some really cringy dialogue. So go into it knowing this. Super entertaining, though, just for the fights.
>>
>>90709247
>the Ghost in the Shell which is more understandable since it's an asian show

But actual Japanese people LIKED the casting of Scarlet Johansen because white people look more like anime characters. It doesn't bother them when white people are cast in live action versions of anime.

Again, it's just another case of white people getting offended on behalf of non-white people because they've got no real turmoil in their lives worth getting up in arms about.
>>
>>90708591
>I'm not a film critic so why would I care if it has "storytelling" problems?
You are part of the problem.
>>
>>90709287
Should also mention the eyebrowfu.
>>
>>90709253
>What the fuck are you talking about? Actual Asian-Americans are the people who've been complaining the most.

No. They haven't. Just because some Asian SJW threw a fit on Twitter and got Finn Jones to temporarily close his account, does not make them the majority. Just look at the people who have put out Iron Fist reviews already.

Hint: most of them are white.

Look at Tumblr and Twitter (the two places with the most complaining).

Hint: Most of the people bitching are white.
>>
>>90708915
Better than any DC show.
>>
>>90709261
NO ANON STOP IT
YOU MUST HATE IT BECAUSE HE'S WHITE, NOT BECAUSE IT'S SHIT

JUST LIKE >>90708549

SAID
>>
>>90709296
has more to do with the opening of the asian market to movies than any actual concern for diversity. like the Kung Force star wars guy
>>
>>90709296
Actual Japanese people didn't like or hate it. They didn't care because there's already a Japanese version of Ghost in the Shell. It's called Ghost In the Shell. They were fine with Americans making their own versions.
Meanwhile Americans are getting so angry about representation they can't even think straight and start fan-casting Japanese actress who have no problem getting work instead of Japanese-American actress who actually do need some jobs and actually are part of the demo that's supposedly being underrepresented in American films.
>>
Does anyone else cry themselves to sleep since the news broke out about this show being crumby or is that just me???
>>
>>90708839
Of the seven reviews on RT by top critics, 2 of them use the phrase "cultural appropriation". Amongst other RT critics, I found one review that used the phrase, and it was to say "people had already accused Iron Fist of this".

So, you know, eat shit fuckface.
>>
>>90709247
>and the Ghost in the Shell which is more understandable since it's an asian show

All of which are people who have zero understanding of Ghost in the Shell. Literally nothing in the source material says Kusanagi should be Asian. In fact, she's explicitly stated to be from a country outside of Japan. Fuck, her name wasn't even "Motoko Kusanagi" originally. That was a name given to her by Section 9.

>b-b-but its Japanese! She HAS to be Asian.
Congratulations. You've completely missed the entire point of Ghost in the Shell. Its about trans-humanism. And what it means to be HUMAN and how race/ethnicity/sexuality/gender are completely and utterly irrelevant.
>>
>>90709336
What pisses me off is that the movie looks like shit and as soul less as you can get. Who gives a shit Scarlet is the Major when the "Major" has been reduced to be yet another generic action girl lead?

Because that's what Scarlet will turn her into, and if the trailers represent even 20% of the movie tone it's just some dumb hollywood action shit.
>>
>>90709262
Fucking this. This anon gets it.
>>
>>90709356
This is a frustrating thread. There's enough legitimate reasons to critique how SJW rhetoric has helped to ruin discourse and water down creativity to not have to deal with so many people making up entirely new reasons to be mad about this shit.
>>
>>90709246
>Nearly every review specifically bitches about Iron Fist being a white guy and has some mention of "Asian cultural appropriation".
>Read the reviews.

You clearly haven't.
>>
>>90709398
at the end of the day, this is /co/, we'll all watch the show at least once regardless so there's no damage done, we're just speculating at this point. i get why fans of the character want to still believe in the show
>>
To be honest, the only Netflix show I enjoyed all the way through was DD Season 1. Every other season of the Netflix shows are so bloated with filler and slow scenes that it was bound to catch up with them. Iron Fist was going to be the worst offender not because of the race thing, but because they want to do a fantastic series on a minimal budget, thus removing all the fantastic elements of the character like punching the dragon.

It would be like a Spider-Man Netflix show where you never actually see him swinging. Just landing his feet on the ground.
>>
Having a guy wear kung fu pajamas might be a bit too silly in a universe with talking racoons and sentient trees you guys
>>
>>90709269
The others are wholly applicable, though. So the point still stands.
>>
>>90709457

Personally, I think it's a fucking miracle they let Daredevil have a costume at all.
>>
>>90709247
I don't get the Ghost in the Shell thing, Japan clearly doesn't give a single solitary fuck about racial portrayal. In the live action movies of both Attack on Titan and Full Metal Alchemist, series where 95% of the cast are Germanic, every single actor cast was Japanese.
>>
>>90709457
I liked JJ for the plot. But it was bloated as hell.
>>
>>90709480

Shit, Lupin III is canonically French, but every live-action movie they've made, from the 70s one to the recent one, have cast Japanese actors for the part.

The only people getting their knickers in a twist are fat, dumpy Murricans.
>>
>>90709480
That's because in Japan there aren't enough non-asian actors, they are racially homogeneous as hell
>>
>>90709503
He's half French. Let's just be fair about that.
>>
>>90709503
well yeah, japan is exteremely homogenous, it's not easy finding caucasian actors there
>>
>>90709480
There's a reply for that too, it's okay there because there aren't many white people in Japan.

Which, y'know, IS fair but also what this is about, asian-american actors trying to leverage this into better roles. A ton of this "who can play what" crap is just hollywood politics with a identity politics sheen.
>>
When dare devil came out I managed to have some nice anons recommend some comics for me to read instead of watching these garbage shows.

What are must reads for iron fist?
>>
>>90709415
>You clearly haven't.
Neither have you. Classic hypocrisy stance.
>>
>>90708466
it's spawning shit memes like this
https://twitter.com/helpmeskeletor/status/840706249826025473/photo/1
>>
>>90709599
Holy shit why liberals are so bad at making memes?
>>
>>90709589
I guess Immortal Iron Fist and the Power Man and Iron Fist comics if you wan't some silly Luke/Danny banter
>>
>>90709523
You know literally zero about actual Japanese culture.
>>
>>90709592
Fuck you dipshit, I'm the one who posted
>>90709356
>>
>>90709145
Jessica Jones should have been 8 episodes max
>>
>>90709630
Cry harder, please. Also, read more reviews, faggot.
>>
File: 1489498137150.png (2MB, 1082x1078px) Image search: [Google]
1489498137150.png
2MB, 1082x1078px
Danny should have worn this all season. His hobo clothes are shit.

While I don't think that Danny should be Asian he should act like it. Too bad the idea of cultural ethnicity is too nuanced for the average person and everyone would cry racist when it's just accurate.
>>
>>90709220
Wasn't Danny a white American in the comics anyway?
>>
>>90709629
>you are wrong
>I won't tell you why you are wrong
>>
>>90709655
>>90709655
Fuck this world we live in. i just want to watch iron fist do cool shit in real life.
>>
>>90709665
Yes. But don't tell that to any of the SJWs complaining about the show. They'll just call you a liar or racist.
>>
>>90709655
Act "like an asian"? So all asian people act the same, you fucking racist?

i'm kidding man, i get what you're saying
>>
>>90709651
I'm sorry, did you have a point? Or are you just assblasted at being so easily proven to be full of shit?
>>
>>90709629
>You know literally zero about actual Japanese culture.

There was major public outcry and calls for their own contestant in the Miss Universe contest to be disqualified because she was a "haffu". They wanted to disqualify themselves from the contest because the Japanese representative wasn't pure-blooded Japanese and that was considered a tremendous controversy and source of shame for them.

Even if there were enough non-Japanese actors in Japan to make up casts for movies with non-Japanese roles, they still wouldn't use them. The Japanese hatred of a foreigners and especially haffus is much, much too culturally engrained.
>>
>>90709665
Tell that to the the idiots that think a non Asian learning martial arts is some kinda appropriating nonsense.
>>
>>90709671
Japanese people couldn't give two shits about race washing in film. They're confused why Americans care at all.
>>
>>90708466
If you're pretending that SJWs aren't part of the problem for why this show is getting blasted, well, you're just a delusional faggot. People like them is the reason why we have a muppet as president.
>>
>>90709145
I wish they weren't rushing these out. I would the first arc late winter, around Feb/March, get feedback and then film during the summer and release part 2 late fall.

We can all agree that Luke Cage would have been 1000% better if Cottonmouth had survived. Shit, put him in a coma and have him pronounced "dead". That character was too good for that show.
>>
friendly reminder:

besides Muay Thai, asians are shit at martial arts
>>
>>90709726
Hence they are a dying nation.
>>
>>90709726
not this guy, but if you want to read a fantastic novel by a japanese author about the modern culture of japan and their racism for "halves", Grotesque by Natsuo Kirino is fantastic
>>
>>90709717
>ctrl + f "appropriation"
>found 3 results!
>See! I'm right!
>Did it without even reading the reviews!
>Suck it internet meany! You can't prove me wrong!
>>
>>90709726
>The Japanese hatred of a foreigners and especially haffus is much, much too culturally engrained.

This is why I laugh my ass off whenever I hear some autistic little otaku say, "I'm going to move to Japan and make ANIME!"

They hate gaijin more than you will ever know. They will never let you in on principle.
>>
>>90709819
Ironically, they fucking love western movies.
>>
>>90708831
This. Reviews are full of shit these days
>>
>>90709762
Nobody cares.
>>
>>90709794
>Count how many times "Asian cultural appropriation" is said in those reviews
>Nearly every review specifically bitches about Iron Fist being a white guy and has some mention of "Asian cultural appropriation".

So, yeah, ctrl+f is all I had to do to prove both of these dickheads to be complete liars. I didn't even search for "asian", just to give them the benefit of leeway. And it's still a completely bullshit claim.

So, again, your point cockmunch?

Do yo uhave a point yet?
>>
>>90709895
>So, yeah, ctrl+f is all I had to do to prove both of these dickheads to be complete liars.

Aka, you're full of shit. Try harder, troglodyte. Go actually read the reviews.
>>
>12%
>4,5/10
>"I-it's good, this is SJWs fault, and anyway why should I care for good storytelling, HAHA!"

Marvel really have you guys by the balls.
>>
>>90709895
>Reviewers didn't use exact word
>So point must be shit... but who knows? I didn't even read the reviews

Thanks for playing.
>>
>>90709726
Eh, it's a bit more nuanced than that, but same as everywhere, if part of the people are extremely vocal about their ideas, all conpeting ideas seemingly seem to exist.
https://youtu.be/XqMtyJnUO8w
https://youtu.be/MpDF_uV_J1M
https://youtu.be/CJkCA_0zCfY
https://youtu.be/5s-8HEq7NW0
https://youtu.be/1KMO02xxX1g
>>
>>90709924
Why don't you post some of the other complaints?
>>
>>90709924
No, not really. Some asshole says

>Count how many times "Asian cultural appropriation" is said in those reviews

and I counted, and its literally 0, with 3 uses of just the phrase "cultural appropriation", one of which is in the context of addressing the fact that it was a pre-existing criticism.

How is this so hard for you?
>>
>>90709895
Yea its the same as the Ghostbusters thing. As with that they couldn't be too critical lest be labeled

"not with them. " Which is the flip here. Can't be positive lest be bullied that you are supporting a toxic culture of appropriating.
>>
>>90709956
>12%
>17 reviews
>Almost all of them complaining about Finn Jones being white.
>>
>>90709961
Black genes are so strong.
>>
>>90709957
>"Count how many times "Asian cultural appropriation" is said in those reviews"
>I actually counted
>"REEEE THAT'S NOT WHAT ANON MEANT REEEEEEE"
>>
>>90709819
>They hate gaijin more than you will ever know. They will never let you in on principle.

Honestly, I wish more Western countries had the same attitude.

When other cultures try to push themselves on Japan, they say no. When refugees try to invade their borders, they say no. When cheap foreign laborers try to bypass the visa and citizenship systems, they say no.

If more countries had the same cultural pride and sense of self-worth that Japan has, they wouldn't be overrun with refugees and slowly losing every ounce of cultural identity a day at a time.

Yeah, Japan has negative population growth as a result, but they're at least maintaining their identity by refusing to bus in ungrateful, rape-happy outsiders to artificially increase their numbers at the cost of who they are.
>>
>>90709759
i agree, i was like WTF when cornell died, then they replaced him with diamondback who was laughably unthreatening
>>
>>90709995
>Actually reading the reviews in question? Why would I bother doing that? I can just call the anon shit anyway.
>>
>>90709999
I liked Diamondback. I thought it ramped up the tension, going from a sympathetic shades-of-grey villain to someone who was just a straight up dick.
>>
>>90709999
>who was laughably unthreatening
>has seemingly the only weapon that can actually hurt Luke Cage

Uhhh... what?
>>
File: lancelot.jpg (114KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
lancelot.jpg
114KB, 640x960px
I bet these same critics think that pic related was an ok cast choice
>>
>>90710050
What....
>>
>>90709996
negative population growth isn't so much a symptom of homogeny as of, well, success. successful people have less kids, the poor are the ones who screw like bunnies, it's why third world countries are overpopulated and first world countries are generally declining
>>
>>90708466
It sounds like it has the same problems Jessica Jones did (endless padding) but is not getting the cover JJ did. Critics liked JJ because of what it stood for, but admitted it was kind of boring.

Superhero shows need to go back to the X-Files model of mixing up season-long arcs with stand-alone adventures. They weren't meant for 13-episode stories.
>>
>>90710024
>Actually reading the reviews in question? Why would I bother doing that? The guy I was responding to was unequivocally proven objectively wrong by a simple search.

If the argument was supposed to be "they all complain about the lead being white too much", then maybe that should've been the argument made instead of trying to make the point using blatant falsehoods, dumbshit.
>>
>>90710048
i just didn't buy him as someone the whole criminal underworld would fear, he was a goofy looking lunatic that should have gotten killed the first time he tried to go rambo on the gangsters
>>
>>90710090

And really, when you have a country with such extreme population density as Japan, where even a modestly sized house is a luxury exclusive to the ultra rich, where working class people have to live in coffin-sized "apartments", I can't see them complaining about negative population growth. At least now they have some fucking breathing room.
>>
>>90710050
It was a stupid casting choice, but not for the reason you think.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moriaen
>>
>>90708502
This is the exact opposite of asking a random Asian person if he knows Kung fu, just because he is Asian.
Hint: both cases are racists.
>>
>>90709979
And also complaining about the shitty story, shitty fights and shitty characters.
>>
>>90710169
Did you respond to the wrong post?
>>
>>90708466
For some reason I was never expecting to be happy with the series so it's kind of nice to see that it's a total trainwreck. I'd rather have a disaster than a mild disappointment.
>>
>>90710050
>The Black Knight
Also,
>The “Prose Lancelot” gives a physical description of Lancelot which runs over two and half pages in Corlin Corley’s translation. We are told, which is not surprising that Lancelot was extraordinarily handsome. We are told this he had a light brown complexion, and indeed in other passages in the book Lancelot is sometimes called the “brown knight”. Lancelot had a dimple in his chin and a slightly hooked nose.

>light brown complexion
That's all we need.
>>
>>90708915
it actually got really good
>>
File: No.png (41KB, 114x224px) Image search: [Google]
No.png
41KB, 114x224px
>>90708466
>17 reviews
>first 6 episodes only
Hey look, it's fucking nothing
>>
I really think you guys have blinders they make you unable to see any criticism besides the ones that complain about him not being Asian. Also the fact that the fresh reviews are giving it a barely passable grade should give you a heads up on it being shit.
>>
>>90710261
That's what they sent out to be judged and marvel netflix doesn't exactly have a reputation for getting better in the latter half of the season
>>
>>90710228
ONE DROP
>>
>literally all reviews mention the series having a shit plot, bad action scenes, bad characters and poor pacing
>exactly the same issues that make Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil except for the action literally unwatchable, but without the SJW bias to cover it up
>"lol they only care about him not being asian it's going to be great!"
Not how it works
>>
>>90710261
Literally the same case with every other Marvel/Netflix show, but only now this is a problem.

You shills should try to make intelligent points, at least.
>>
>>90708466
I refuse to believe that it's possible to be more boring than the last half of Luke Cage, and that shit got rave reviews.
>>
>>90710264
There's nothing in those reviews that aren't also true of the other Netflix shows, so Iron Fist is probably of similar quality
>>
>don't give a shit about daredevil
>show is great
>don't give a shit about JJ
>show is good
>don't give a shit about Luke Cage
>show is good
>Give a shit about Danny
>show might be horrible

the gods have a weird sense of humour
>>
>>90710358
i know right. just fucking end me my man.
>>
>>90710358
this is your punishment for caring about Danny but not his bff
>>
>>90710358
2017 is the year of the monkey paw man, better watch out!
>>
>>90708764
Wow. I know this is /co/ but that is the dumbest shit I had ever read. How can you seriously believe shit like agents of shield or Luke cage are among the best TV shows? What kind of crap do you usually watch? You sound like the idiots that pretend winter soldier is a great movie instead of just a decent action flick.
>>
will Madam Gao be in the show? i love that lady
>>
>>90710513
yeah but how much do you REALLY love her? do you love her enough to fuck her?
>>
>>90710544
>implying she's not just disguising herself as an old lady and wouldn't turn into an asian porn star during sex
>>
>>90709996
>When other cultures try to push themselves on Japan, they say no.
Weeb pls.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bakumatsu
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meiji_Restoration
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Japan%E2%80%93United_States_relations
>>
>>90710513
She's right in the friggin' trailer, numbnuts.
>>
>>90708644
>"this serial killer is cunning and extremely intelligent, Dexter"
>said killer falls for the most obvious bait one can imagine on fucking SEVERAL occasions
>>
>>90710661

The fact that they lost a major war, were demilitarized, occupied, had their entire governmental system restructured from the ground up, and STILL managed to maintain elements of Isolationism and cultural xenophobia speaks strongly to just HOW MUCH they don't want outsiders anywhere near them.

Any other culture would have vanished completely within a generation.
>>
>>90710720
oh cool, haven't see the trailer, i don't really watch them. hard to judge something when the trailer is specifically designed to make it appear great even if it's shit, and lately they spoil a lot of the movie/show
>>
>>90710751

The way the Japanese continued their extermination of the Ainu post-WWII after death camps and ethnic purges were outlawed was fuckin genius.

Rather than line them up and shoot them like they used to, they just passed a law making it illegal for Ainu to marry each other. As a result, Ainu had no choice but to breed with Japanese people and over time the Ainu bloodline was diluted into non-existence. A bloodless ethnic cleansing.

They didn't take that law off the books until 2007 and by then no full-blooded Ainu existed anymore. The Japanese are seriously fucking clever about keeping gaijin out of their country.
>>
>>90710751
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=patEl5GN14k
>>
>>90710661
Yeah, and they started a war with the western powers a few decades later and bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor because they hated western imperialism.

Not that they were much better.
>>
>>90710751
Except if you follow the links you'll see a large part of the changes happened before WW2.

>Any other culture would have vanished completely within a generation.
Yeah you sure know your shit, kek.
>>
>>90710878
>Yeah, and they started a war with the western powers a few decades later and bombed the shit out of Pearl Harbor because they hated western imperialism.
>implications
>>
>>90710906
uh, not the guy, but japan ended its isolationism policy when matthew perry came because they saw the technological superiority of the US and realized they couldn't possibly win a war at the time, they were forced to do so, the US gave them an ultimatum.
>>
>>90708466
after i saw who they cast as Rand i completely lost interest in the show. Now i'm scared that punisher is gonna end up shit too
>>
>>90710864

>Ainu
>Gaijin

Uh, the Ainu weren't foreigners in Japan, they're the native population. It's the Japanese who are the foreigners.
>>
>>90710906
>Yeah you sure know your shit, kek.

And you're a delusional weeb if you think the Japanese want ANYTHING to do with foreigners in their country.

https://youtu.be/5uC4AUyju7k
>>
>>90710967
but the punisher is well casted
>>
File: lel.gif (530KB, 497x732px) Image search: [Google]
lel.gif
530KB, 497x732px
>>90710999
>WAITO PIGGO GO HOOOM
>>
>>90710930
Literally the whole reason why they attacked the western colonies of asia was to remove western imperial influence from asia and put them selves on top instead of the gaijins. "Asia for the Asians, but especially for the Japanese" essentially.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda_in_Japan_during_World_War_II
>The booklet Read This and the War is Won, printed for distribution to the army, not only discussed tropical fighting conditions but also why the army fought.[23] Colonialism was presented as a tiny group of colonists living in luxury by placing burdens on Asians; because ties of blood connected them to the Japanese, and Asians had been weakened by colonialism, it was Japan's place to "make men of them again."[24]
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_East_Asia_Co-Prosperity_Sphere
>>
>>90708466
Hopefully the Disney cartoon will redeem him
>>
Why dont you fuckers post some quotes of SJW reviews instead of arguing whether or not they're sjw
>>
>>90709762
Back to your faggot jewjitsu gym then
>>
>>90711066
>it was Japan's place to "make men of them again."

Evidently that involved a lot of rape.

A WHOLE lot of rape.

Like, a fucking shit ton of rape.
>>
>>90709146
>Riverdale
Riverdale is fucking terrible. It's your typical CW teen drama trash tv and I can't seem to stop watching.
>>
>>90711110
empirical proof has no place in a political debate, you fucking pleb
>>
>>90711142
you're such a cultural ethnocentrist
>>
>>90709431
>we'll all watch the show at least once regardless
Lol nope.
>>
>>90711363
Woah! Get a load of this rebel!
>>
It's going to be of the exact same level of quality as Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Daredevil season 2.
>>
>>90708897
Banshee has four seasons of 8-10 episodes with great action, but you wre right, not 13 episodes long
>>
>>90711421
banshee isn't martial arts really, it's visceral "beating on each other until one gives way". holy shit that fight with the MMA champ
>>
>>90708764
>Marvel has a track record of some of the best TV ever created
>ever created

You capefags are delusional.
>>
>>90710261
The first half of any season is supposed to be the STRONGEST part of the series, bruh. It's the same logic behind books and movies. You have to have a hook to keep audiences invested in the story.
>>
>>90711452
Go back to watching Happy Days, wanker.
>>
>>90710358
>JJ is good
You deserve all the bad things in life.
>>
>>90711452
jesus people lčet it go, i assume the guy wanted to say they were good shows that did justice to the source material and because we here are fans of said source material, it was fucking great to watch.they shows did what they wanted to do, i was satisfied with them
no need to nitpick a statement to death
>>
>>90711518
Are you OK, anon?
>>
>>90711444
There's a fight in season 3 that is straight out of Mortal Kombat. Spoilers for third season:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AJMHd7-LL1k
>>
>>90711549
i just think it's kinda stupid how critical people can be of good shows just so they can show how incredibly smart and individualistic they are.

yeah, shit on daredevil to show everyone you're not a sheep, we're all VERY IMPRESSED
>>
>>90711593
glasses no!
>>
>>90711602
>you must have an ulterior motive if you're critical of a show I like
Fuck off.
>>
I fucking hate Asian SJWs. They didn't even read the damned comics and they bitch about shit they don't even know about.
>>
>>90711656
that's not what i said. for example i don't give a shit about breaking bad, nothing in it appeals to me. but i would never say it's a bad show, i can understand on an objective level that the acting is great and it's well made and the story is good if you care about that type of story. so it's a good show i don't like. you can not like daredevil but don't call it a bad show because it's not
>>
>>90711700
They should stick to what they know, making sneakers.
>>
>>90708466
by releasing overwhelmingly negative reviews before the shows even out they already doomed it for most of the population, i know so many people who dont read comics going around saying iron fist is the worst comic book thing ever made, all the casuals who just echo opinions now beleive they dont need to watch it to know how it is and een those who do will go in with a "this is shit" mind set looking for shit to nit pick and rip apart, jessica jones was the worst thing i've ever sat through and only made it because every time she scoff'd i'd take a drink and people raved about that show so fuck all anyone has to say about anything, unless i experience it myself, im goign to watch it and also probably enjoy it as long as it isnt like luke cage or jessica jones
>>
>>90708502
Yes.
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv/news/rob-sheffield-iron-fist-kicks-superhero-tv-in-the-head-w471575
>>
when you consider this guy plays Loras Tyrell the name "Iron Fist" gains a whole new meaning...
>>
>>90709767

Define "dying".
>>
>>90711700
why is it only america that has these massive amounts of sjw? i know a chinese girl who goes to all the rallies and blacklives matter and all that shit, but once you get her drunk she will rip into japanese people calling them dirt
>>
>>90711850
correct me if i'm wrong, but embargoes are still a thing, right? they were obviously confident in the show to release it early
>>
> non SJW reviews state the acting is bad, fight scenes look like shit, and that Jones is not convincing as a martial arts master
> /co/ ignores these because some reviews are written by SJW retards.

If multiple people agree that the fucking FIGHT SCENES look bad, and that Jones can't sell "I am a martial arts master" to people, you have to be a litte worried.

Also, no mysticism? That's half the charm of IF. That and beating up thugs with glowy chi hands.
>>
>>90711850
yeah, fuck the music and cinematography and the performances by the actors and the PTSD exploration, she fucked a black guy, it was such a piece of shit show

and aren't you people usually the ones who hate deviation for the comic books? i remember so many people being triggered by the sex scenes when the show released
>>
>>90709146
Riverdale is pure dog shit, mate. It's exactly the fucking same as all other CW teen dramas. Watch Twin Peaks if you want a similar concept executed in a much better way.
>>
>>90711956
No, they released it several weeks later than they did for the others. Probably should've waited until the last day instead.
>>
>>90712053
i dont give a fuck about whose black or what they do, it was just so boring and her character was like a spoiled 14 year old emo girl, it had no depth and anyone with sexual assault history or ptsd should of been dumbfounded by the show, it views like what it is, hollywood trying to pander to real issues
>>
>>90711850
I feel you man.
The only thing that was less understandable than the hype for the show is the hype for its main shitty villain.
>>90712053
>music
I hope you're not serious.
>cinematography
I really hope you're not serious.
>performances by the actors
Ranging from mediocre to godawful? You sure showed him.
>the PTSD exploration
Oh wow, they did a generic rape and revenge flick arc but longer. Such a good exploration.
>>
>>90712010
Welcome to /co/. They conveniently forget that critics gave Doctor Strange a complete pass too. Clearly there's something more to the negative reviews than 'teh SJWs'.
>>
>>90712138
can you tell me specifically what was so unrealistic about the portrayal of PTSD in the show? because i suffer from it myself since i watched movie 43, and i thought it was pretty good, not too heavy handed but still obviously there
>>
>>90709209
i fucking hate it whenever people cry about 'diversity' and say they need more brown people in a certain medium. It never feels genuine, it just feels like the media is trying to kiss my ass. Diversity is something that should happen organically.
>>
>>90712278

>#OscarsSoWhite
>>
>>90712299
that was last year, this year moonlight won!
>>
>>90711476
>wanker

Go back to sucking the queen's nuts britstain.
>>
>>90712299
>>#OscarsSoWhite
>>90712325
>this year moonlight won!

Aren't we all glad that awards for art are now distributed entirely on an Affirmative Action platform rather than the merit of the work or artist involved?

Hooray for racial equality!
>>
>>90712223
I know war vets with ptsd, like real ptsd, and let me tell you they never leave their house, socialization is hard for them, they dont do much besides go to the structured places they have to which follow routine and they cant be in specific places. also they are dosed to the gills in medications. if you ahve a show claiming "muh mental illness" but dont show how hard it is to just function on a basic level, its not doing people who actually suffer any service. Real mental trauma is boring to view so no tv show about superheroes is going to portray it, they dont even try to do it in a way like how movies have delt with batmans mental bullshit, at least with batman they aint trying to serve a psa on mental health but with jessica jones all she did was scoff at people, be a dickhead, get moody and cross her arms, pulled out liqour at key times cuz "ah she got problems shes drinkin alcohol" when it only made her look like more of a spoiled emo chick
>>
>>90711700
Its not even Asian SJWs. Its white SJWs "fighting" for Asians.
>>
>>90712404
>Its not even Asian SJWs.

Brianna Wu would disagree.
>>
>>90712380
>implying the Oscars had shit to do with merit in the first place
>>
>>90712445
>one asian = all asians
That's not how math works, anon.
>>
>>90712445
Brianna Wu isn't asian.

She's a tranny who married an asian guy.
>>
>>90712403
well, war-induced PTSD is a bit different than rape PTSD, and Jessica is much stronger than males so she's not afraid of men, she's afraid of ONE SPECIFIC man who can mind-control her, and when she learns he's involved she freaks the fuck out and it takes her a lot of time to decide to face him.
additionally, she has an enhanced constitution and clearly drinks a lot all the time, she's just not a complete alcoholic beecause of her healing factor.
and i don't think being bitter about life after you get raped and your family dies in a car accident is being "emo", but whatever
>>
>>90708466
I'll only lose hope once I watch it myself/reviews of the full show come in, but I will admit it's a little hard to stay hyped seeing it get shit on.
>>
>>90712495
society has has made ptsd and mental illness so trivial now that everything youre saying amazes me. she 100% is acting like an emo child, anyone real in that situation would of been way more fucked up from it or try and completely remove themselves from anything that ever had to do it with all just to cope. i know its just a stupid show about superheroes but they should of kept that instead of feeling like they need to make it something it isnt. david tenet's preformance was good and i even liked the blond woman's performance and i felt her reactions to shit were more real than the actress who played JJ. the whole thing felt like they watered down serious issues so that people could "relate" and understand even rape ptsd fucks people up or are you saying rape isnt so bad and people get over it really quickly without any negative impact on their lives?
>>
>>90712449
moonlight sucks and is an erotic fantasy which portrays homosexual relationships as simply a fetish for the normal viewers. It's degrading to the GBL no T community.
>>
>>90712053
>yeah, fuck the music and cinematography and the performances by the actors and the PTSD exploration
Yeah fuck that because in Jessica Jones all those things were shit
>>
>>90712482
>she
>>
>>90712635
haha sure, man, every woman who has ever been raped is just a dysfunctional mess incapable of stepping outside, are you fucking serious?
>>
>>90712676
"It"
>>
Asian or not, there's nothing about the show that looks good thus far. Dude is bland, and now we'll be hearing about how much better Colleen is than everything else
>>
This is the first real time they can hate on this marvel tv shit.

Matt is a cripple, Jessica is a woman, and Luke is black. So of course they are going to shit all over the rich white guy who kung fus better than asians. Watch the actual show first.
>>
>>90712691
im not saying every woman you autist, but its a serious fucking thing, no ones going to shrug it off it it gave them ptsd, you throw around these terms like they just casually mean something but much like the rest of the internet, depression, ptsd, anxiety, bi polar arnt just code words for "being a bit moody today" and you know what, a lot of rape victims are bumbling messes after their experience but it takes awhile to get over it and even then some shit still reminds people of it and they can go all reclusive, you make rape sound like the flu
>>
>>90712754
He's right. I mean, Batman can go fuck himself too.
>>
>>90712754
White billionaires Bruce Wayne and Tony Stark have no problems.
>>
>>90712773
They didn't do this to Strange or Ant-Man. Not as hard, at least, because there was whining about Strange.

This probably just isn't good enough to cover
>>
File: jones trump 2.jpg (126KB, 940x545px) Image search: [Google]
jones trump 2.jpg
126KB, 940x545px
Finn Jones blaming Donald Trump for poor Iron Fist reviews

>"I think the world has changed a lot since we were filming that television show," he said. "I'm playing a white American billionaire superhero, at a time when the white American billionaire archetype is public enemy number one, especially in the US."

What do you think, /co/?

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2017/03/finn-jones-latest-idiotic-defence-of-iron-fist-its-trumps-fault/
>>
>>90712778
good thing the show takes place a long time after the actual rape you retard. i don't get you, you're saying the symptoms of her experience are too mild when they're clearly visible, do you think JJ takes place five days after the rape?
or do you think she should just be shaking dramatically under the shower while hugging her knees in every other scene? what the fuck do you want? there are plently of women who get raped and go on to live mostly normal lives
>>
>>90712811
Guys, I'm starting to get the idea that there are real problems with the show, not just "SJW" problems
>>
>>90712811
BASED FINN

it's complete bullshit, but it made me laugh. same reason i voted trump
>>
File: jessica_jones_ritter.jpg (40KB, 725x471px) Image search: [Google]
jessica_jones_ritter.jpg
40KB, 725x471px
>>90712861
they do, with aid, help groups, medicationm reaching out to others, having someone there and even after years some still dont like to be touched or engage sexually, the way jj wa splayed made it seem like some who was pretending to family members to have an mental illness, it was all too light to be taken seriously even though it was portrayed that way and it was all due to the terrible actress they had star the lead, he blank expressions and lack of range made her seem moody, not traumatized, how she talked about it and handled it made it sound like a car accident and not rape, you could go through most of the show and she has the one same scowled expression like shes practicing to be batman. her acting was weak, her story was weak, her writing was weak, the drama was watered down so normies could follow and relate because most people dont have mental illness or have been raped
>>
>>90713004
all right, we won't agree so let's just disagree, this is completely fruitless for the both of us
>>
>>90713055
fair, it was nice talking to you anyways, have a good day bro
>>
Critics are starting to realize that Marvel shows are heavily flawed. They over praised them for years. It's only happening now because they are triggered by Danny Rand being white.
>>
>>90712811
Scott Buck should be the enemy number one.
>>
>>90712811
yeah people really hate batman and ironman
>>
>>90712811
he's an actor, he's being smart and not biting the hand that feeds it, look at what happened to josh trank
>>
>>90708533
its impossible for a white guy to do a bad job. Anyone who thinks otherwise is an SJW
>>
How many people are gonna say the show failed because they didn't make Danny asian?
>>
>>90713209
>BvS

Also the Iron Man movies came out before Trump ran for president
>>
>>90713209
those are MOVIES it would be different if they were a tv series
>>
>>90713361
it is kind of shocking though, netflix marvel shows are not perfect but so far they've all been well received, reviews this bad caught me off guard personally
>>
>>90713361
I like to think they're being drowned out by actual fans of Iron Fist who are mad about all the needless changes, the lack of a costume, the unwillingness to commit to the mystical wuxia roots of the character because "We've got to be realistic."
>>
>>90712658
BTFO
>>
>>90708466
Yea, but the writing was on the wall when they got the dude from Dexter to be the showrunner.
>>
File: Treefu.webm (2MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Treefu.webm
2MB, 1280x544px
is it too much to ask to have a kung fu show that carries the tradition of Shaw Bros movies? Rza's directing an episode, he knows what i'm talking about.
>>
File: Five Element Ninjas.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
Five Element Ninjas.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>
File: Chang Cheh loves kids.webm (2MB, 1024x429px) Image search: [Google]
Chang Cheh loves kids.webm
2MB, 1024x429px
>>
>>90713370
bvs didnt make people not like batman
>>90713393
troll post right ?
>>
i'm thinking of capping both the defenders of the show and the people who lost faith in it before they saw it, so either way i get to gloat later
>>
>>90709996
JonTron pls go
>>
>>90713537
i fucking hope not. Man with the Iron fists was horrible, and while you can tell that Rza respects the source material, he doesn't know fucking shit about directing/writing.
>>
File: Martial Club.webm (2MB, 716x364px) Image search: [Google]
Martial Club.webm
2MB, 716x364px
i'd also like every episode to have a comically abrupt freeze frame ending that doesn't resolve anything

https://youtu.be/IjJ3OYaeYhQ?t=4448
>>
>>90713621
From the rumbling in the reviews, RZA's episode is apparently the best of the early bunch, which is fucking frightening
>>
File: CrippleFu.webm (3MB, 1024x429px) Image search: [Google]
CrippleFu.webm
3MB, 1024x429px
>>90713621
haven't watched Man in the Iron Fist but I do respect his love of the genre - really wanted to see his live score of 36 Chambers - actually now that i think about it they should've just had him score the series instead of direct it.

or at least do the main theme
>>
File: forty big keks.png (347KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
forty big keks.png
347KB, 600x528px
>>90710358
>Luke Cage
>good
>>
are there really no white martial artists that are also good actors? i mean specifically for this one show, you need a martial artist in the lead role
>>
I'd post a picture of what pro critics thought of the new America ongoing but /co/ doesn't need that trash.

I would expect a blacksploitation, or a martial arts show to get trashed by critics anyways.

And as far as the asian iron fist thing, I'll judge the actor by his kung fu level. You can fuck up all sorts of shit but you can't get away with fucking up the martial arts.
>>
>>90713680
That's probably because RZA like fight scenes where as most episodes seem to focus on melodrama according to the reviews.

We'll know for sure when in a week when it comes out.
>>
>>90713774
Not one that sells. It's easier to cast someone and teach them enough to make the fight scenes tolerable than it is to go scouring America to find a scruffy looking martial artist instructor who is also a good actor.
>>
So, Iron Fist will be Kung Pow of capeshit.
>>
File: Rain Fight1.webm (2MB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Rain Fight1.webm
2MB, 640x480px
>>90713774
yeah it's easier when your lead can do his own stunts
>>
>>90713723
My 3 biggest complaints about the movie
1. It's not about the man in the iron fists, he's just the narrator, and minor character in the story.
2. 60% or more of the movie takes place in a whore house, with scenes where their services are being used (or just had been) and bath scenes without so much as a bare nipple.
(if you don't want nudity in your movie cool, but don't write most of it in a whore house then!)
3. You can cut out over half the characters and the movie would resolve in the exact same way.

The 2nd one is even worse.
>>
File: The G is for Grin.jpg (42KB, 640x428px) Image search: [Google]
The G is for Grin.jpg
42KB, 640x428px
I heard an anon say that it was fearful of its comic book roots, and went to boring/generic as a result.
>>
>>90713774
If the director was smart and used the costume Finn Jones wouldn't ever have to do a fight scene himself and just have a costumed stunt man do the action.

I'm that's what everyone else does and it works.
>>
>>90711400
This.
>>
File: Kung Fu Break Dancing.webm (3MB, 1024x429px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Fu Break Dancing.webm
3MB, 1024x429px
>>90713891
does this mean he doesn't punch a dragon?
>>
>>90713774
Hell. I'd take a BAD actor over someone who can't sell the martial arts.

>>90713843
Acting isn't just dialogue. It's how you move as well. "Just tolerable" should be unacceptable for iron fist. I think the actor doesn't necessarily need to be a martial artist, but years in SOME sort of kinetic discipline, like say gymnastics would make a huge difference.

>>90713680
>>90713824
RZA for all his complete lack of filmaking craft has love for the genre.

>>90713960
Dragons are expensive, and the CGI budget is thin. I'd bet on a dragon statue.
>>
File: Kung Fu Rocket Knives.webm (2MB, 1128x480px) Image search: [Google]
Kung Fu Rocket Knives.webm
2MB, 1128x480px
>>
>>90713960
I have fully prepared myself for the reveal that Shou-Lao to just be some dude, or the name of series of tests.
>>
File: Gordon Liu.webm (2MB, 1128x480px) Image search: [Google]
Gordon Liu.webm
2MB, 1128x480px
>>90714056
that would be the Smallville school of budget saving
>>
>>90714096
he's beyond death's stroke!
>>
>>90713960
>>90714056
I still think that the name of a Dojo or something that he trains in will be called Shou-Lao, allowing the writers to say "look, he beat Shou-Lao by finishing training there"
>>
File: Bench Battle.webm (3MB, 720x360px) Image search: [Google]
Bench Battle.webm
3MB, 720x360px
>>90714198
that was the funniest shit

https://youtu.be/GiZJLCVweCY?t=199
>>
>>90714096
I don't think it's so much budget saving, but more that they're afraid to show a dragon in their "super gritty based in realism" superhero world.
>>
>>90708605
>Yeah, all the actual negatives I'm hearing make it sound awful and generic. Bad fightscenes, story direction is trash and Finn isn't good enough to carry the show.
Sounds like Luke Cage.
>>
>>90714298
it's like they forgot what universe they're a part of
>>
>>90714351
I-I liked Luke Cage.

Well it had a quality dip after Cottonmouth got ganked.
>>
>>90714439
AND WE DIDN'T WANT IT! WE NEVER WANTED IT!!!
>>
>>90714439
It's been a while since I've watched the show, but as far as I can recall the story moved at snail pace, the fight scenes were mostly Luke slowly walking towards the people shooting at him then either punching them or throwing them, and the actor himself while looking great as Luke really didn't convince me that Luke, as a character, actually gave a shit.
>>
>>90714585
I remeber i liked the music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE_kwdfapUM
>>
>>90714657
That was probably my favorite part of the series.
>>
File: iron shit.png (462KB, 800x703px) Image search: [Google]
iron shit.png
462KB, 800x703px
People aren't complaining about whitewashing (because iron fist was originally white). They're complaining about marvel making another show with a white lead when they had a plethora of other super heroes of non-white backgrounds.

Oh, so you finally decided to make a movie about a super hero who uses Asian kung fu to defeat baddies? And out of all the super heroes you got, you chose the one who's white?
>>
>>90714735
bitch stfu
>>
>>90714351
This shit looks like trash compared to Luke Cage.
>>
Has Iron fist by himself ever been good? I mean even his origin is stupid.
>>
>>90714761
you know I'm right boi
>>
>>90710113
What is The Joker?
>>
>>90710358
Luke Cage was the sign that shit was falling off and JJ was worse than Cage.
>>
File: tyu.gif (469KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
tyu.gif
469KB, 300x225px
>>90712704
http://vocaroo.com/i/s13JVXdfGXNb
>>
>>90714823
the joker has a force of personality though, you don't have to like him but he IS intimidating. this guy seemed like someone trying to be hardcore but his mom won't let him.
>>
>>90714439
Really should of been Luke establishing Heroes for Hire instead of Diamond Shitter.
>>
>>90714585
>but as far as I can recall the story moved at snail pace

And yet, more was accomplished in a single episode of Luke Cage than an entire season of The Walking Dead. And people eat up TWD.
>>
>>90714298
I'd bet money on their honesty on this one. They most likely limited the budget as best they could in the leadup order to drop their payload on 8-episode Defenders. After or during that, then we get the far-out dragon shit.

Reason being that having a fucking dragon in Iron Fist might completely overshadow anythng done in the defenders.
>>
>>90715105
more exiceted for defenders than anything else this year
>>
sometimes unusual castings don't surprise you, sometimes unusual casrings just suck
>>
>>90708466
>Are you worried?
I'll watch it myself and make my own opinions about it.
>>
>>90715585
In this case, its probably fine. But SJWs who have never read an Iron Fist comic (or, likely, any comic at all, for that matter) in their entire life are whining about alleged white washing.
>>
>>90715616
we all will. doesn't mean a 12% on RT isn't concerning
>>
>>90715638
Its not. Read the reviews. The gross majority of them are just bitching about Finn Jones not being Asian.
>>
>>90715638
>12% on RT
I'M FED UP WITH THIS WHURL
>>
>>90712807
Cumberbatch has a personality, so even people who hate "white guy is the world's best Eastern mystic" stories can't claim they cast an actor who can't carry the story.

The other day I heard a (middle-aged, non-SJW) Asian guy complain that the setup of the movie makes it look like a white American beginner is better at magic than people with more experience. (I pointed out that this wouldn't have happened if the Ancient One had been an Asian stereotype. Movies that try to change old stories to be less racist always wind up making it more racist.) The point is, though, he still enjoyed the movie in spite of the complaint.

Iron Fist might get more of a pass on its flaws if it was politically correct. You could see critics admitting it was overlong and padded and kind of boring, but Good For You. But political incorrectness alone isn't enough to get universally bad reviews.
>>
>>90715105
Lets hope so, but i ain't holding my breath.
>>
>>90715735
>Cumberbatch has a personality
Not in Strange he didn't.
>>
>>90715696
>90715696
YOU'RE TEARING ME APART DANNY!
>>
>>90715638
It isn't. People will watch it regardless.
>>
>>90715675

>The gross majority of them

Can you give me a percentage that are "just bitching about Finn Jones not being Asian" and don't seem to have any other legitimate criticisms?
>>
>>90715735
It still would have happenned because the way Strange's movie told it, Strange literally btfo's everybody without showing the proper amount of development.
For fucks sakes, he defeats the main bad guy and two of his goons halfway through the movie.
>>
>>90716234
eyeshadow isn't the main bad guy, dormammu is. i liked the way strange took care of him, it was mildly clever and really what other way could they have gone?
>>
>alt-right is gonna have to to pretend this is interesting just because reviewers criticized the race as well as it being badly made
>also have to pretend JonTron is funny
>>
>>90716341
can yu really call it alt-right at this point? it's just the right now, there are too many members to be considered an "alternative" minority and the republican party has become a parody of itself, it's all "alt-right", which is the right. kinda how the left has also become a parody of itself and is now exactly the thing right-wingers used to exaggeratedly make fun of
>>
>>90715051
>comparing a show to another shitty one from an entirely diferent genere automatically makes it good
Are you retarded?
>>
>>90716507
sorry, i meant to link to>>90716389
>>
>>90708466
Critics consensus works when looking at a movie, but not with tv shows because critics only get part of the season.

Now, I don't have much doubt that Iron Fist isn't very good, but Luke Cage got stellar reviews and that show completely goes to shit after Cottonmouth dies.
>>
>>90716389
Not everything is "alt-right" and that includes Iron Fist.
But yeah they did jump on the JonTron bandwagon.
>>
>>90716507
>>90716389

I still don't even know what the "alt-right" is. Some people have told me it's /pol/, but large portions of /pol/ deny that vehemently because the alt-right is "cucked". A lot of the people I see called "alt-right" also seem to hold wildly different political beliefs, so is it just a matter of several tangentially related fringe groups all being lumped together with an actual group that does self-identify as alt-right?
>>
>my kung fu dragon-punching character is now a focus of ideological pissingmatches

FFFFFFUUUUU
>>
>>90708631
>irony
Oh the double IRONy
>>
Iron Fist, Luke Cage, Daredevil, they're all Marvel garbage of the lowest order. It's about time people fell out of love and started seeing this shit for what it is.
There ain't enough retro love in the world to support Kung Fu all over again anyway.
>>
>>90717597
I just...what creates people like you? To think of the writers who spend months writing a show, actors who pour their hearts into it, photography guys and camera guys giving their all for one good shot, music composers, editors who slave away for weeks pondering every milisecond of every episode, costume and makeup people, even sleazy marketing fucks who still put some creativity into it, and you just wave your hand and call it all shit. i mean i get it when it actually is shit, but to say netflix show are shit is just so...irritating.

what's the best thing you ever created, bro?
>>
>>90709262
I like how you imply those people don't want racial equility cause it's profitable not to be. And that racial inequality is exaggerated. It's downplayed more often than not. Also I see it as they're employed because people keep them employed. They don't have to exaggerate plenty of examples of it out there

In this case as an Asian person I could care less about Danny being white makes sense to me. But I read comics so I'm aware that's how it's supposed to be
>>
>>90717836
A single subsidiary account has been added to your main Netflix (tm) account. Thank you for supporting Netflix (tm), we appreciate your business.
>>
>>90717913
sure, anything i say is null and void because you're delusional enough to think Marvel, a multi-billion dollar disney-owned name needs ME to defend it in a thread with maybe a hundred people.

just amazing
>>
>>90715735
Reviews of Jessica Jones really did make it sound more like homework, or medicine, than entertainment.

Hard to know if that turned viewers off because Netflix won't tell anybody how popular their shows are.
>>
File: PHilSkVJtO6Pmm_1_l.jpg (82KB, 472x755px) Image search: [Google]
PHilSkVJtO6Pmm_1_l.jpg
82KB, 472x755px
>>90708549
>>
>>90718262
S2 is in production to film back-to-back with defenders, so it didn't do badly
>>
>>90714439
I think that kind of proves >>90714351's point;

The only reason they excused the flaws in Luke Cage was because he fell into that special category that made it excusable.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the show, but it had its flaws, and I understand and accept them.

From what I've seen so far, the vein of similarity has rung true from Daredevil to JJ to LC, and if that's the case I'm going to love Iron Fist just the same.
>>
>>90709355
I took it pretty hard. The whole situation is a mess, and it really didnt need to be. Things may suffer, because if it.
>>
>>90718378
Was a really great and amazing movie. Only trolls and shills hate the thor movies.
>>
File: cpvqrbzusaa3s3v.jpg (713KB, 1443x2048px) Image search: [Google]
cpvqrbzusaa3s3v.jpg
713KB, 1443x2048px
>>90718772
>>
>>90718879
....and?
>>
>>90708466
I could not care less about your secondary garbage /tv/
>>
>>90712724
Freaking bandwagon Colleen Wing stans.
>>
>>90714657
>going above 110th

i appreciate luke cage's whole harlem reneissance thing, but seriously

>going above 110th
>>
>>90714735
It's because of his relationship with Luke. They are a duo. Sons are a team, and Shang is solo.
>>
>>90708605
>>90708631
They should've hired somebody with enough percentiles to tap into asian genetic memory heritage.
>>
>>90714790
His origin is brutal as fuck, and outlandish, also awesome.
>>
>>90708947
DD's original simple black outfit was so much better. It was at least 60% of the reason to watch.
>>
GOOD NEWS EVERYONE! It's not 12% anymore
>>
>>90708466
Why does every give so much weight to critics? These people aren't inherently better than you. 17 people on average didn't like it? We have over 118 people in this fucking thread alone. It might be fucking crap, but I'm going to try the wild and fucking crazy tactic of giving it a watch are reaching my own conclusions.
>>
>>90719443
holy shit it went down!
>>
>>90713537
It's called into the badlands. And it is awesome

https://youtu.be/8Qt3EZ19s_Y
>>
>>90708549
>Iron Man 2
>Iron Man 3
>Thor
>Thor: The Dark World
>not shit

kek
>>
>>90715051
different kinds of shows, dont be so dumb
>>
>>90708814
>>90708865
so basically reviewers are shit unless they agree with you?
>>
>>90709336
I'm mad because that travesty even from the goddamn trailer is robocop not ghost in the shell. The major was one of the first cyborgs as it was an emerging technology and she had gotten into an accident and needed a new body (it's been a while so I'm shaky on some things). Though most of her past is a mystery we know she's been a cyborg for a while.

They straight up gut the plot and purpose and that was just from the trailer. I don't give a fuck about aging cunt but this is shit. So is the fucking neon. The never emphasized it in the show or manga because that looks cartoony as fuck.

I honestly hope people lose their jobs over this trash. It's worse than a japanese live action.
>>
>>90709476
not really, most of your examples are parodies
>>
>>90709476
>>90709205
>>90709132
>I have never actually seen blaxplotation, the posts

as a blackman, your idea of blaxplotation movies is offensive. Luke Cage was a shit show.
>>
>>90720556
this belongs on /v/ but look at the fucking retarded actions fanboys have done to anyone who dares review the new zelda game less than a 9.8. people don't want impartiality or different opinions they want an echo chamber.
>>
>>90710358
Cage and JJ are shit
>>
>>90720753
people are fundamentally insecure in themselves and opinions it seems. Not all people, but the ones who bitch on the internet,
>>
Guess Misty loses her arm in the very last ep.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lb7i8Uf_4Pc
>>
>>90712329
Don't you mean Muslims?
>>
>>90712811
Donald Trump has reached "Thanks Obama" status.
>>
>>90711421
>>90711444
The whole series feels like a perfect video game to tv show adaptation.
>>
>>90708591
>implying most of the Netflix shows aren't incredibly boring

Each series would be better if they were only 4 or 6 episodes a season.
>>
>>90721374
They can't be that long because Netflix orders 12 ep seasons. The only reason Defenders is 8 eps is because of the budget.
>>
>>90716627

In 2010, Richard Spencer coined the term Alt.Right for his white nationalism centered political views. It was seen as a way to dodge accusations like "racist", "facist" or "neo-nazi".

The term itself recently has quickly become a new negative label though, so now you've got it used as a random insult and public figures generally avoid directly being associated with it.
>>
File: 1472798446014.jpg (47KB, 621x502px) Image search: [Google]
1472798446014.jpg
47KB, 621x502px
I saw this coming desu. I was really disappointed when they announced the lead, and since then every new thing they have showed for the show has been sort of underwhelming. I didn't feel the same excitement I felt for any of the other shows. Very disappointing overall though because when they announced the lineup after Daredevil I was most excited for this.
>>
>>90712811
To be fair there were a bunch of reviews by people pissed he was white. The real problem is that the reviewers were given 6 boring episodes when the show appears to get better during the second half. Same problem happened with Bojack Horseman. 6 episodes of a large story are not enough to warrant a review. It is not a complete experience. Netflix needs to give their critics all 13 episodes.
>>
>>90711137
At least he won't be fighting like this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S19VsB7__v0
>>
File: 1489543694978.jpg (294KB, 1804x1135px) Image search: [Google]
1489543694978.jpg
294KB, 1804x1135px
>>90708764
Faggot
>>
>>90724373
6 is like half the story
>>
>>90708792
Tell that to Zod's neck!
>>
File: vlcsnap-2013-02-22-23h28m47s153.png (541KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2013-02-22-23h28m47s153.png
541KB, 1280x720px
Danny is cute

the actor they should recast should be cute
>>
>>90708466
I'm expecting it to be a simple action show that isn't as compelling as the previous 3 Defenders shows.
I'm perfectly fine with that.
I'm willing to bet most critics aren't though.
I think they expect drama and are sad that they didn't get drama.

Beyond that if every review is based on the first 6 episodes than something like Bojack would be steaming garbage as the first 6 episodes were TIL syndicated TV bullshit because they originally wanted to be TIL syndicated TV bullshit and it showed in the early episodes.

I am imagining Iron First is by and large.
>A guy punches criminals because heroism
No catholic guilt and blindness shit.
No rape-esk trama shit.
No African American struggle shit.
Oliver Queen comes back from being away for years and uses the skills he learned to beat up bad guys who want his parents company and to other bad guy things, but without a bow and with a bigger budget.
>>
>>90728895
One of the common complaints is that it isnt really an action heavy series and the corporate plotline is the main focus and the action scenes that are there arent well done
>>
>>90714892
You didn't need to respond with this with vocaroo.
is that really you in that clip? why the fuck does that sound like a shitty scriptjob?
>>
File: Iron Fist Reviews.png (272KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Iron Fist Reviews.png
272KB, 960x720px
>>90711110
>>
>>90716627
It's the new /co/mblr boogeyman.
>>
>>90711855
>calling Jessica Jones a "female Tony Soprano"
Nothing is sacred to these people, huh.
>>
>>90709819
>>90709726
As someone who has actually lived in Japan for several years I can tell you that foreigners get treated like GODS there.

The 4chan equivalent basement dwellers and the old racists keep to themselves and the younger generations are tripping over themselves to make friends with white people and emulate american culture.

The miss universe thing was a pretty fair complaint IMO. She clearly did not represent "Japanese beauty" at all because she looked absolutely nothing like a Japanese woman.
>>
To be honest the trailers for the show have been really bad. I really like Iron Fist as a character though and I enjoyed all the other Marvel Netflix shows (except the garbage back half of Luke Cage). Really hoping that this will be good.

I think its retarded that all these critic have written reviews for Rotten Tomatoes of a show after only watching half. You would never get away with watching half a movie and reviewing it so why is it okay for a show? I mean, yeah, the show could be completely shit, but you wouldn't know unless you watch the whole thing. For all we know the first 6 episodes could be the build up to a fantastic 6 episode pay off in the 2nd half.
>>
Finn Jones blaming Trump for low ratings. It's true SJW critics played a part, but the show really seems to be boring, terribly choreographed fights, and poorly paced (judging through a lot of reviews).

RIP career.
>>
>>90720753
To be fair Sterling is an ultra contrarian tho, and gave much better scores to much worse games, like the disaster that was No Man's Sky. That's why people are angry about it
>>
File: IMG_20170315_093634.png (310KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170315_093634.png
310KB, 1080x1350px
>>90709599
These fucking people

>Who cares about what the minorities think, just let me complain about whites
>>
>>90708466
On one hand, too many reviews bring up his race as a problem. Some do it even before mentioning problems with the actual show.

On the other, people are also saying the fight scenes suck. I'm going to be really disappointed if a blind boxer has better fight scenes that the Iron Fist.

I'm going to keep an open mind and give it an honest watch.
>>
>>90708466
>Iron FAIL - why Netflix series fails to pack a progressive punch.

I'll wait for the real reviews
>>
File: Schwarbage.jpg (62KB, 750x563px) Image search: [Google]
Schwarbage.jpg
62KB, 750x563px
>>90709355
I just wanted cool stunts.
>>
>>90709355
I thought at least I could get some cool fight scenes out of it, but no.

It's Iron Fist. His one gimmick is Kung-fu. How do you fuck that up?!
>>
>>90708605
>Would it have been so difficult to mix up the whole formula and have him start in costume
It would have actually been glorious if they did this. Iron Fist's journey just isn't Daredevil's and them, it seems, trying to make it similar led to them not knowing how to introduce the costume at the end.

Because you're not supposed to build up to the costume at the end. It's not a journey of Danny Rand becoming Iron Fist, his story is a journey of the Iron Fist becoming Danny Rand. Him walking into a corporate building and saying "Hey, I'm Danny Rand, let me run this company now" ruins that right off the bat.
>>
>>90709735
I've never gotten this mentality. How is a member of one culture inducting someone else in one of their traditions "appropriation" in any way? No one is being robbed, it's a sharing and exchange of cultural elements. Danny isn't even a "White Savior" archetype in his original iteration either, because his reasons for training harder and becoming the best were for his own purposes outside of K'un-Lun, in order to return to the outside world and get revenge for his father's death, not some colonialist fantasy about him saving K'un-Lun. It's more like how people from around the world go to American colleges to return to their countries with degrees and knowledge.
>>
>>90734920
Wasn't everyone racist towards him, letting white people experience the feeling of "other?"
>>
>>90734948
If I recall, it was less him being of European descent, and more about being from outside K'un-Lun itself.
>>
>>90734948
...Isn't that exactly the sort of thing someone who hates the 'Mighty Whitey' archetype would want?
Fuck, I don't know. Racism is confusing.
>>
>>90734948
Pretty much. Most evident in The Living Weapon, but his bullies backed off once he started using them as stand-ins for Meachum.
>>
>danny rand hated as outsider
>learns something from another culture
>uses that back home to help people
Shouldn't this be the SJWs' dream show? A rich white person learning the benefits of other cultures?
>>
Dexter Show runner form the worst seasons.
Should be a Kung Fu show instead the first 6 episodes are mostly boardroom stuff and drama.
Fights when they do show up are shitty.
Danny will never be in costume because hes not trying to hide his identity. All the main fight stuff will be at nighttime to try and hide his identity. Actual words from the fucking show runner he doesm't need a costume to hide his identity but he does things specifically to hide his identity.
Blaming Trump for poor reviews because people don't like billionaires now because of Trump.

So if the last 6 episodes can't redeem this it means Dare Devil Season 1 was a fluke and Marvel Netflix is mostly complete trash and they don't know what to do.
>>
>>90735006
>Blaming Trump for poor reviews because people don't like billionaires now because of Trump.
>listening to clickbait article titles.
Rich white people are especially hated in the US now and Trump is a big part of that. It's not like he was saying "IT'S ALL TRUMP'S FAULT!" He's making a pretty accurate observation about the current landscape in the US.

But if the fight scenes suck, and that's a common theme in reviews, then this shit is sunk.
>>
>>90734920

Appropriation is literally just a Liberal buzzword to try and divide people.

Hyper Liberals by virtue of how extreme they are and how much they try not to be racist end up being racist. The same people who hated racist whites segregating people in the past want people segregated now because they think its for the right reasons.
>>
>>90735000
As far as I can tell, there is a subset of the SJW ideology that is actually very culturally conservative, and seems to lash out at any cultural exchange or dilution. If a nonwhite is absorbing white culture, it must be because they've been oppressed and are erasing their culture, and they should stick to their own culture instead. If a white person adopts an element of an nonwhite culture, it's appropriation, and they should stick to their own culture instead.

Maybe I'm just biased against this mindset because I myself was born from two cultures, but I think cultural exchange is a good thing overall, and people should stop clenching their assholes so much if one group adopts a practice of another and alters it a little, or if they reinvent it to suit their needs, because I think that's healthy for humanity as a whole.
>>
>>90734920
In the specific case of the Iron Fist character, it's white comic book creators making a white character based on asian culture. If cultural appropriation were a thing, this would be an example of it.
>>
>>90735046

It was a click bait comment taken out of context but its kind of what hes trying to do. Hes trying to dissuade people and say sorry we made this earlier in a different political climate if it had of come out then you all would have loved it its only because of this that people are really not liking the boring billionaire company drama.

>Rich white people are hated why because they voted responsibly in a lose lose situation.
>>
>>90735067
>Hyper Liberals by virtue of how extreme they are and how much they try not to be racist end up being racist
I mean, when you end up arguing that only Asian people should be kung-fu characters, yeah. It's pretty disturbing to see the overlap between their talking points and those of the White Nationalists gaining traction now.
>>
>>90735069
I think people in general always tend to fall into the same patterns. They just find new reasons to justify it.
>>
>>90709476
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6CE2ush8q4
>>
>>90735086
Here's the thing about that though. This wasn't a case of white "adventurers" going to some vulnerable society and taking their artifacts and culture back to the homeland as curiosities. Kung-Fu movies from Asia were coming over to America and becoming popular for completely evident reasons, and Marvel jumped on this entertainment niche. So when an element of culture has been volunteered and exported to somewhere else, saying "No, you can't use it because you're a white american, it's ours" is just racial discrimination.
>>
>>90735069
I think there's a case to be made for cultural appropriation being a thing, but it's not the same thing as cultural exchange. People who complain about white people eating curry, or chinese people listening to country & western, are just flat out dumb. If you removed everything in your life that didn't solely originate from your nation's ancestors, you'd have nothing.

On the other hand, the way native american iconography and imigary gets used in marketing and packaging is a clear- cut example of a culture being exploited for purely financial reasons.
>>
>>90735146
I think I've found a kindred spirit, because I've thought this same thing for years. I've noticed that you really find the same kinds of people in every culture, in every ethnicity, in every gender, but the way those same instincts manifest will differ, solely because of how people perceive themselves and their group.
>>
>>90735181
It's fair to say that any culture that just had another one roll over them the way that he Native Americans did, and then had the dominant culture use their patterns on stupid shit without their permission is the victim of appropriation. But in situations of exchange between two different nations in two different places, or immigration to another country, it barely applies. I feel like the key element really, is that appropriation is theft. And when something is offered or gifted to someone else, it's not theft if they accept it.
>>
>>90728895
It's the opposite, though. Most reviewers are complaining about the lack of actual action.
>>
File: 1463348584161.gif (388KB, 267x199px) Image search: [Google]
1463348584161.gif
388KB, 267x199px
>>90715638
>12 percent.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XC8qrH3Zwog

Even if there's a downside to the show, it's literally history repeating itself and we'll be bound to get heroes for hire after DDs3, and Punisher.
>>
So the fighting is shita nd there's no mystical stuff?

What were they planning on having carry the show then?
>>
>>90735000
Yes. But they're too stupid to figure out the larger message. Instead they're too focused on trying to force cultural stereotypes. In this case, only Asian people can do martial arts. If anyone else does it, its "cultural appropriation". Especially if its a white person.
>>
>>90708549
>nothing but great stuff

Even if you're genuinely a fan of Marvel's live action stuff(also I hope you're aware of the distinctiion between the peopel in charge of movies and tv because these are two separate entities()

>>90708764

Man Daredevil and JJ had some pretty good parts but would have worked better at about half the length. And Luke Cage was just "ok." I'd hardly call any of them anywhere near "the best ever created"

>>90709253
Yeah key point being Asian-Americans. Many of whom are jumping on a bandwagon. The same shit is going on with the Ghost in the Shell movie. I saw a youtube video recently where a Japanese guy interviewed a bunch of Japanese people off the street in Japan about a white person playing the main character and no one gave a shit. Even the ones familiar with the franchise.
>>
>>90709503
THe original Lupin is French. Lupin III is mixed.
>>
>>90709100
>My superpower is Sarcasm.
>>
>>90710864
The Ainu were the original inhabitants of Japan. The Japanese proper are all just descendants of Chinese colonists who adopted a new cultural identity. Japanese are the actual foreigners in that situation.
>>
>>90710999
The older generations don't. The younger generations care increasingly less and idolize westerners increasingly more unless they are super traditional.
>>
>>90728895
>Marvel
>Bigger budget

AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>90736218
>GotG

when will SJWs start complaining that alien characters are portrayed by non-alien actors?
Thread posts: 438
Thread images: 35

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.