[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Matthew Vaughn to direct Man of Steel 2

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

File: MOS11.jpg (498KB, 2340x1557px) Image search: [Google]
MOS11.jpg
498KB, 2340x1557px
According to Collider, Kingsman: The Secret Service’s Matthew Vaughn is Warner Bros.’ top choice to direct Man of Steel 2, and the two parties are currently in early talks. Collider notes that if Vaughn passes on the Superman movie, Warner Bros. would still want to work with him on a different DC Films project.
>>
>>90687531
>Collider
>>
>>90687531
I'm okay with this. Vaughn is a good director.
>>
File: Hope.png (29KB, 217x137px) Image search: [Google]
Hope.png
29KB, 217x137px
>With projects such as Kick-Ass and X-Men: First Class under his belt, Vaughn has definitely proven that he’s a great choice to direct a Superman movie. Back in 2010, Vaughn mentioned that he had a quick chat with WB about a Superman pitch with Mark Millar, but that clearly didn’t lead into anything. He also said the following:

>“I think that’s the one thing not to do with Superman, trying to do the serious ‘The Dark Knight’ version. Superman is about color and fun, or it should be, for me.”

http://heroichollywood.com/matthew-vaughn-eyed-man-of-steel-sequel/
>>
>>90687639
That is what the symbol means, after all...
>>
>>90687639
>Vaughn mentioned that he had a quick chat with WB about a Superman pitch with Mark Millar, but that clearly didn’t lead into anything. He also said the following:

Morrison had something to do with this. I just know it.
>>
File: 2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg (21KB, 447x640px) Image search: [Google]
2720297-grant_morrison_2_576.jpg
21KB, 447x640px
>>90688443
>>
>>90687639
>Superman can't be serious, it has to be a colorful, rainbows and butterflies feel good PG experience

So Vaughn is the worst kind of Superfag.
>>
>>90688595
If you're a fan of the DCEU.
>>
>>90688595
Sounds like /co/. Most of you cucks only knew Supes through those shitty feels threads.
>>
>>90688499

Keep him far away from this. He's my second fav writer but he has a warped since of what success actually means.

>thinks he's a sigil magician with the power to change reality
>could never even get a monthly book out on time
>>
>>90687531
Someone send Matthew Vaughn a stack of good Superman comics.
>>
>>90688874
sounds like you just don't understand what sigil magick is.
>>
>>90688916
As soon as they exist
>>
>>90689190
go to bed stan ree
>>
>>90688595
If by that, you mean you're an idiot with no taste, then sure.
>>
>>90687639
>>90688595

Honestly, I don't mind having a "dark" and "gritty" Supes. On some level, Superman could potentially be more quiet, mature, and that's fine (different interpretations and all that). That wasn't the issue I have with the DCEU. The problem is that it's a poorly written, poorly executed character, regardless of whether it was a good Superman or not (which it wasn't).
>>
>>90687639
Time for him to fix what Zack fucked
>>
>implying the WB executives aren't going to drain his willingness to make a good movie like they did with David Ayer
>>
>>90688916
No no you don't understand. The only superman comic you need to read is All-Star and you're immediately an expert on everything superman. No need for further research or study. Right, Zack?
>>
>>90687531
If Matthew Vaughn is smart, he will run as far away as he can.
>>
>>90689906
Yeah because Sabotage is such a cinematic fucking masterpiece
>>
Give him free reign WB. Dude is a good friend of Mark Miller, so Superman will be good.
>>
>>90689963
This. He's much better off at a company that actually cares about their directors and the movies they make
>>
>>90690000
Training Day is a masterpiece though
>>
Wonder if WB finally knows what they are doing?
>>
>>90687531

He probably wants to work on one of his other projects so he probably agreed to a sitdown to hear them out but anyone with two eyes can see how much of a trainwreck their universe is right now.

Kingsman 3 isn't worth torpedoing your career.
>>
You guys think Wonder Woman will be good?
>>
>>90690558
I don't think it will fall to the depths of BvS. "Good" is a long way away from that.
>>
>>90690754
I don't know...a lot is riding on WW
>>
>>90690792
A lot's been riding on every DCCU project. Somehow they all managed to to fall face first in the mud.
>>
>>90690478
>>90690558
Of course not WB couldn't make a good movie if their lives depended on it

Same goes for TV and whatever else they think they do
>>
>>90688916
vaughn is already well versed in superman knowledge. This would actually be a passion project for him, believe it or not
>>
>>90690835

Critics give a lot more leeway to female lead movies, see pretty much anything Scarjo has been in.
>>
Vaughn is a great director, he's directed one of my favorite movies, Layer Cake
>>
>>90690835
Hopefully it will be good because it's a good movie, not because of "muh feminism"
>>
Never liked a Matthew Vaughn movie, so can't say I'm looking forward to this if it's true.
>>
File: giphyj.gif (497KB, 500x234px) Image search: [Google]
giphyj.gif
497KB, 500x234px
Dceu lover here.
Mos is my 2nd favorite movie.

Down with this choice.
Keep the tone as close to First Class as possible, fun but takes itself seriously and has a few dark moments when needed like "then I am going to move the coin".

Don't have anything approaching the silly outlandishness of Sam L Jackson in Kingsman.
Nor anything as misguided & mean spirited as the church massacre.
>>
>>90687531
Nice.
>>
>>90687531
When is it supposed to come out?
>>
>>90689823
But BvS was well written and well executed.
>>
>>90691075
are you me? Because I was almost about to type the same thing
>>
>>90691673
>>
>>90690558
Nope. Shit was doomed from the very day Zack Snyder wrote the story for it.
>>
first class is the best xmen movie not named logan
>>
>>90691655
m8, cmon. I wanted more than anything else for BvS to be a good movie, but it objectively was not very good. I mean, if you enjoyed it then that's fine, I respect that.

I've fallen for the bait haven't I
>>
>>90691075
>Nor anything as misguided & mean spirited as the church massacre.
Shut up dude lol
I was with you until that. Misguided and mean spirited? Come on.
>>
>>90689842
Must be 18 years or older to post on this site
>>
File: 1408822401140.png (460KB, 565x488px) Image search: [Google]
1408822401140.png
460KB, 565x488px
>>90692997
>objectively was not very good
>>
>>90687531
NO SNYDER NO BUY
>>
>>90687639
>Superman can't be serious
These casuals need to be purged.
>>
>>90687594
This can only mean we'll get a scene where canon typical Cat Grant is saved by say a visiting Green Lantern during an invasion by Brainiac and she'll offer to open her back door to him?
>>
>>90689823
>poorly written, poorly executed character
Not a single character in MoS or BvS was poorly written or executed. They were all perfect.
>>
>>90692606
>triggered this hard by Zack
You know, Zack Snyder breathes air. Maybe you should stop doing that. Since anything Zack does is bad right?
>>
>>90693425
> They were all perfect
Nigga... no.
>>
>>90693537
I guess Neil DeGrasse Tyson was bad, but he was written to be like the real person so it's acceptable.
>>
File: CEREAL_MAN.jpg (41KB, 450x488px) Image search: [Google]
CEREAL_MAN.jpg
41KB, 450x488px
>>90687531
>His brainchild Rebirth is restoring legacy and making the comics finally feel like classic DC
>Matt Reeves on Batman
>Chris McKay con Nightwing
>Matthew fucking Vaughn on Superman

BASED GEOFF, MAKE DC GREAT AGAIN
>>
I know flowers can grow out of shit but movies ain't flowers.
>>
>>90691075
>Don't have anything approaching the silly outlandishness of Sam L Jackson in Kingsman.
>Nor anything as misguided & mean spirited as the church massacre.
So, no Lex then.
>>
>>90693076
They were defenseless harmless innocents who happen to hold some shitty opinions, if the same scene happened in a Mosque the film would have been butchered fucking alive by critics/sjws.
>>
>>90693896
Nothing about Lex was silly, outlandish maybe because he was very enthusiastic. But his speech on the tower was seething with barely repressed emotion & resentment. It wasn't silly.
>>
>>90689953
>Right, Zack

He only read Frank Miller, with whom he has a personal relationship/friendship.

>>90689906
>WB executives

They had complaints from producers and actors (via agents and management) about Ayers on-set antics. In particularly, three actors/actresses and the main day to day producer. The editing was a response to BvS, if Ayer's was really uncomfortable, he would have his agent get him out of the sequel and the Robbie related 'sequels.' Learn what you are talking about before you open your trap.

>>90689963
>>90690104
Fox didn't let him do the second X film, in fact, they re-wrote a lot of what he left them with. In spite of the fact they are paying for Kingsman 2, they aren't offering him say Fantastic Four or any of the X films. Universal hasn't done anything major with him since Kick-Ass. He can continue to do all the small films he wants, but he's not going to get to do what he wants with a major studio or a 150-200M budget and be left alone to do what he wants.
>>
>>90693425
>>poorly written, poorly executed character
>Not a single character in MoS or BvS w

When we talk about things like this, we talk about major characters,>>90693574
>Neil DeGrasse
not someone like Tyson or Charlie Rose who was conned into doing a few lines here and there
>>
>>90687639
>“I think that’s the one thing not to do with Superman, trying to do the serious ‘The Dark Knight’ version. Superman is about color and fun, or it should be, for me.”

>already triggering DCEUfags
Hire him.
>>
>>90693491
Ever notice how you Snyderfags try way too hard?
>>
>>90694794
That anon did say without even seeing the movie that it was would be garbage regardless just because Snyder is involved. It seems like he was trying just as hard to me.
>>
>>90694907
Snyder has a proven track record. WB has a proven track record. The DCEU has a proven track record. Of course, you can't say for sure, but by all means, WW is more likely than not to be a shitty movie.
>>
File: endoffirstclass.jpg (95KB, 640x329px) Image search: [Google]
endoffirstclass.jpg
95KB, 640x329px
>>90691075
The problem with an extremely serious tone is that when something extremely stupid happens it takes me completely out of the movie.
Pic related: Xavier getting crippled because Magneto (who in the same scene holds hundreds of missiles in place) has to sassily deflect a bullet fired at him.
>>
>>90693425
Superman. All were poorly written, especially Superman.
>>
>>90688595

Zack, you're a bad director.
>>
>>90688874
>implying he's not
It sounds like someone wants to be written out of reality.
>>
>>90695110
The track record is good though, unless all you care about is tomato score.
>>
>>90695268
Superman was the best written. None of the characters have been bad.
>>
>>90687531
Literally anyone would be better than Snyder at this point.
>>
>>90687639
DCEU Supes wasn't even always serious, man.

Or did you just completely skip S:TAS?
>>
>>90697379
they all sucked, Superman lacked personality and lines
>>
>>90687531
There's hope. Vaughn is not new to taking weak material and spinning it into good quality. Kick Ass, Kingsman, and First Class were all a lot better than they should have been.
>>
Matthew Vaughn is the most glib and uninteresting filmmaker that nerds jizz over. Huge step down from Snyder in my opinion.
>>
>>90699260
>Kick Ass, Kingsman, and First Class

All shit. Kingsman was the sort of shit a 14 year old who considers himself cynical would write.
>>
>>90690558
No. I think it's going to be very dull and uninspired. It won't be the worst movie ever, but it won't be anything beyond weak.
>>
>>90695110
>Of course, you can't say for sure, but by all means, WW is more likely than not to be a shitty movie.
But until you actually see it, it's pretty faggy to say that the movie is bad already.
>>
>>90699331
The material/scripts he based the movies on were really weak, but I honestly felt like he gave them a visual flare that saved them from mediocrity.
>>
>>90699428
The fact that he chooses to keep adapting Mark Millar's shittiest ideas should tell you something about his taste.
>>
>>90693425
Mos was all right. BvS was horrible, though.
>>
>>90693793
> based geoff

this fucking delusion, he CO-WROTE the batman script, and it's shit.

dc got the worst bat writer and put him on the batman movie. not a single batfag likes johns batman, ever
>>
>>90697379
>>90699188

Lois was well-written in MoS. Martha only comes off as bad in context of how scenes in BvS, she is OK/acceptable in MoS. Perry is competent but might as well not be there. Pete even more so. Zod is very one dimensional. Same thing for Lara. Jor-El isn't badly written but he's a plot device for most of the movie, exposition device on top of that, etc.

The soldier played by L&O-SVU guy and Fiora were well done for what they were.

However, the lead, aka Clark, is badly written and poorly served.
>>
>>90699331
>First Class
>Shit

Go fuck yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HROuYFRJepQ
>>
>>90697340
>The track record is good
Of whom?
Snyder? WB?
Thread posts: 88
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.