[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How could have it been better? Would it have won best picture

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

File: v1.jpg (278KB, 800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
v1.jpg
278KB, 800x1200px
How could have it been better? Would it have won best picture if done well?
>>
>>90684482
>How could have it been better?
Could have made a tiny bit of effort in actually matching the tone of the book.
>Would it have won best picture if done well?
No.
>>
>>90684482
Better casting.

>>90684523
Also this.
>>
File: rorschach.png (188KB, 255x400px) Image search: [Google]
rorschach.png
188KB, 255x400px
>>90684482
By being a 12 episodes show for HBO.

>>90684523
This

>>90684582
And also this
>>
>The Comedian fights back against his murderer
>Laurie's mom tells her she's glad she knew the Comedian because she wouldn't have been born otherwise
Absolutely disgusting.
>>
It could have copied the comics panels and transitions better. Other than the that, the movie was pretty okay for a 3 hour movie. They could have ignored the Blackfreight comic tie-in.
>>
>>90684482
Not getting a dudebro to direct it.
>>
>>90684523
>Could have made a tiny bit of effort in actually matching the tone of the book.

This. Particularly with Ozymandias. He should have been a much brighter character up until the reveal.
>>
> Lynn Collins playing Laurie.
> Keep the graphic sex scene but tone down the slow mo & use subtle passionate vocal-less music instead of what we got.
> Aaron Eckhart playing Ozy
> Keep intact Manhattan saying nothing ever ends to Ozy.
>>
>>90684482
It could have been a TV mini-series, featuring the NYC locals and their stories.
>>
File: Watchmen 12 01.jpg (519KB, 903x1435px) Image search: [Google]
Watchmen 12 01.jpg
519KB, 903x1435px
I get emitting the squid because non-comic book readers would be confused, but the movie should at least have shown all of the dead people strewn across the city. Made quite an impact on me when I first read it, whereas in the movie you feel nothing.
>>
>>90684482

Yes if you let Terry Gilliam make it the tv mini series he wanted to do.
>>
>>90684929
Be he put everything he thought was cool in the movie? What more could a director do?
>>
File: Alienmonster.jpg (170KB, 500x369px) Image search: [Google]
Alienmonster.jpg
170KB, 500x369px
>>90685729
>I get emitting the squid because non-comic book readers would be confused

How it that confuse them as apposed to everything else that happens?
>>
>>90686026
Or rather they'd just think it was stupid and the movie didn't have the time to set it up properly.
>>
>>90685925

Not do that stuff. Zack Snyder is a very technically competent director but he doesn't know shit all about story structure.
>>
File: Bubastismovie.jpg (42KB, 320x480px) Image search: [Google]
Bubastismovie.jpg
42KB, 320x480px
>>90686057
>Or rather they'd just think it was stupid

Then how did pic related get in?
>>
Jude Law was RIGHT THERE
>>
>>90686210
People thought that was stupid. And it was. Why not show Adrian with her in previous scenes? Wouldn't have made is as awkward when the giant purple cat suddenly shows up.
>>
Make it in the late 80s- early 90s and have Robin Williams as Rorschach.
>>
>>90684482
As a movie, yes.
It could have had better acting, and directing.
The editing was very good, and the cinematography, but it was too violent, and the changes left some plot holes that weren't in the original series.

Even if it was a perfect movie, Watchmen would never win best picture. The academy isn't ready for a deconstruction of comics.
>>
>>90686026
I just think it would have been tough to set up the story of the squid in the background, the way it's done in the comic, and it isn't really worth devoting time to explain it. Especially when the movie is already three hours long.

Manhattan being the scapegoat is much simpler and basically achieves the same effect
>>
>>90686305
nah, the comedian; itd retroactively be his first serious role
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.