[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is something happening with Marvel?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: marvel+dc+combo.jpg (70KB, 660x250px) Image search: [Google]
marvel+dc+combo.jpg
70KB, 660x250px
I used to read Marvel floppies a lot when I was younger. Was a huge fan of the X-Men and Deadpool, as well as being keen on Spider-Man and Thor.

Like, it was nearly 100% Marvel but I look at my pull list now and I'm shocked compared to like 12 years ago or so...

>Marvel
Amazing Spider-Man: Renew Your Vows
Moon Knight (Ending after 2 more issues I believe)
Nova

>DC
All-Star Batman
Aquaman
Batman
Batman Beyond
Batwoman
Blue Beetle
Cave Carson has a Cybernetic Eye
Deathstroke
Detective Comics
Doom Patrol
Green Lanterns
Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps
Hellblazer
Justice League
Justice League of America
Kamandi Challenge
Mother Panic
New Super-Man
Nightwing
Red Hood and the Outlaws
Shade the Changing Girl
Suicide Squad
Superman
Super Sons
Teen Titans
Titans
Trinity

>Image
Black Monday Murders
Black Science
Deadly Class
Descender
East of West
God Country
Paper Girls
Rumble
Southern Bastards
The Walking Dead

>Dark Horse
Harrow County

>Aftershock
Animosity

>Black Mask
The Dregs

Is something happening at Marvel that is making them lose old-time readers? Has anyone else noticed a change in their purchasing habits with regards to Marvel?
>>
Most people seem to start at Marvel then switch to DC and indies as their knowledge and exposure to comics broadens. What you're experiencing isn't anything really new and largely just part of the standard comic reader life cycle. That said, Marvel is indeed shittier than it has been in the past.
>>
>>90684420
So you're saying Marvel appeals more to children than to older readers?

What is the systemic problem about Marvel would you say currently?
>>
You don't read Invincible?
>>
>>90684502
Not a single issue
>>
>>90684351
>guise? hey guies?
>we shit on marble now a-and like dc now, right guies?
>s-so now I-I'm cool too r-right, guise? hey guies?
Kill yourself.
>>
>>90684502
Did Invincible end yet?
>>
>>90684520
Shame.

>>90684846
Not yet.
>>
>>90684457
>So you're saying Marvel appeals more to children than to older readers?
He didn't say children, he said people without much knowledge. Casuals and normies.

When you think that Stan Lee is a master storyteller and Deadpool is the Nirvana of funny things, then you will most likely like Marvel.
>>
>>90684864
Damn. Well, what even happened after the reboot? Is Thragg dead?
>>
>>90684457
>So you're saying Marvel appeals more to children than to older readers?
Not at all. Marvel's always been the flashier and more new reader friendly of the Big Two. DC's always had the broader, deeper catalog of stories and characters.
>>
what are you looking for OP, recommendations of Marvel things to add to your pull list?

I liked the first couple issues of Kingpin and Bullseye's solos, tho i don't have much faith that either series will last much longer than 6 issues

also all-new wolverine was a pretty fun read
>>
>>90684351
Marvel has literally made a concentrated push to shit on all their more famous characters. And the X-Men? Being an X-fag is suffering.
>>
>>90684864
>>90684502
Nobody with good taste reads anything written by Kirkman.
>>
Disney doesn't give 2 shuts about the comic side all they want is to keep the marvel name in the news by doing stupid big event crossovers, shock storylines like "cap is hydra" and replacing the characters I liked to read about with new younger characters that pander to imaginary diversity quotas. That's why instead of buying 40-50 marvel comics a month I now buy 3 and 2 of those are on the cancellation bubble
>>
>>90684998
ayy

>>90684888
Mark just came back to his daughter being much older, Eve having had an affair with a tentacle chad and Thragg and his kids wrecking havock. Oh, Mark's brother is also secretly working for Thragg so...
>>
>>90684351
Marvel was never good.
>>
>>90684457
Marvel is for dummies who don't know anything about comics. It's basically the comic equivalent of EA or Activision.
>>
>>90684351
Is Moon Knight really ending? Damn. that was one of the few Marvel titles I was still really enjoying.
>>
>>90684791
There it is, the good old 4chan we all know and Loth.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.