[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The power of Heart!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 1474327275637.gif (1MB, 524x321px) Image search: [Google]
1474327275637.gif
1MB, 524x321px
So, what exactly is Daredevil going to offer to the Defenders except Catholic guilt, legal representation for Luke, and senses that help them in the same way Scooby Doo helps his team?

I love Daredevil. I prefer his series to the others, and he is my favorite street level hero in the comics.

I just don't really see what he can add to the team. Danny is as good to be charitable (and most likely far better, if we are being realistic) at kicking bad guys in the face with martial arts with the added bonus of the Iron Fist. Jessica, for all her flaws, is a passable detective, and has impressive super strength and slight durability. Luke is just unstoppable unless they bring out the Judas bullets, which we know they will, fucking plot device.

On the surface all it seems Matt brings to the table is his civilian persona, his tailor so Danny can have an outfit too, and fighting skills that occasionally struggle with normies Luke would just throw up onto the next floor through the ceiling.

I don't WANT them to basically make him Batman, where he somehow scales in ability to keep up with super humans. That's never who Daredevil was. It's one of the reasons he has so few crossovers with the higher tier enhanced heroes in the comics.
>>
File: 1475266923310.gif (2MB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1475266923310.gif
2MB, 420x420px
>>90681242
I'd argue experience. Matt's the only one of the four who was born and raised in street level NYC (Jessica grew up in the suburbs, Luke's from Georgia and Danny's upbringing is split between New York's upper crust and K'un-Lun), and he's probably used his skills for vigilante purposes the longest, too. So his primary contribution to the team would likely be tactics/leadership.

Y'know, like Batman.
>>
>>90681452

I can get with that. You make a good point, I hard forgotten the background difference for Cage, and he does have experience.

The only counter argument I can think of is that his experience, for now, is strictly street level (with shades of the Hand shit) and in how to survive a severe beating because you have a nurse on speed dial. All of them have more experience with enhanced individuals than him, and I would argue Jess and Luke both know as much of not more about 'the streets' despite their backgrounds.

most likely you're right, just because the writer will say so.
>>
>>90681242
Scout? He's probably the most limber and fast one and has super hearing
Luke and Jess are the tanks and Danny is the...err...something
>>
File: Bardgreen.jpg (226KB, 640x918px) Image search: [Google]
Bardgreen.jpg
226KB, 640x918px
>>90681665
Danny's the bard.
>>
>>90681894
I guess Monk is the one I'm thinking of if we go by that standard
>>
>>90681242

Daredevil has the best comics written about him. The other characters are literally whos that would never get a movie. I like all the shows but Daredevil is the guy that started all the Netflix shows which for me are better than any of the Disney flicks.

It reminds me of people that hate Arrow but love Flash, Legends and Supergirl. They couldn't exist without the first show hate it or not.
>>
>>90681452
>So his primary contribution to the team would likely be tactics/leadership.

Won't happen. He is a white male and in the comics Luke Cage has the leadership cred. The tumblr overlords would have a fit. Also the Daredevil series last season showed him as a flake and has done a piss poor job of showcasing his powers in favor of his torture skills.
>>
>>90681894

Nah the team is a Rogue, 2 Fighters and a Monk if anything.
>>
File: GPlus_Skeptical_Third_World_Kid.jpg (188KB, 780x800px) Image search: [Google]
GPlus_Skeptical_Third_World_Kid.jpg
188KB, 780x800px
>>90681950
why do people like you think that tumblr has control over anything other than the amount of gonzo ships that the internet can spontaneously generate?

If tumblr had a fraction of the power this board attributed to it every cover to a Captain America comic for the last 12 months would've been Steve and Bucky and Sam in various phases of hardcore ass fucking
>>
DD can take an ass beating better than any other character even though they're superhuman.

He could honestly give any one of them a decent fight. He might lot win but he wouldn't just buckle.
>>
>>90681997

you think it wouldn't be a shit storm if he was shown bossing around Luke Cage? That is a more legitimate grip than things they have gotten people fired over.
>>
>>90681242
>So, what exactly is Daredevil going to offer
Frank
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.