[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Sym Bionic Titan will come back like Samurai Jack did?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 61
Thread images: 6

File: Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg (77KB, 412x513px) Image search: [Google]
Sym-Bionic_Titan_6568.jpg
77KB, 412x513px
Do you think Sym Bionic Titan will come back like Samurai Jack did?
>>
Tax Write Off.
It's dead anon, and it's forever.
>>
A spiritual successor is much more likely.
>>
IF the people at Adult Swim like what they get from Samurai Jack then yeah it could happen

But that's a REALLY BIG IF
>>
It wasn't that good really.
>>
>>90668373
Samurai Jack got to meme tier due to redditors mimicking cartoon "connoisseurs" who watched SJ when they were kids

No one watched Symbionic Titan
>>
I'd rather have Genndy just create something original for AS.
>>
>>90668373
I know it's unlikely but I'm crossing my fingers.
>>
If they put it on Netflix and it gains a significant following among teens and YA like Young Justice did, then maybe.
>>
>>90668373
only if they have more twerking
>>
Knowing how scummy CN is nowadays, they've almost certainly used some legal bullshit to ensure that it can never come back.
>>
>>90668461
>A spiritual successor is much more likely.
can a spinnof that contuses the story be a loophole?
>>
In the Q and A he said they were going to make more [AS] shows. So maybe, or something completely new.
>>
>>90668373
I wish, but they wrote it off for tax reasons. If you wanna make a shitton of money, buy the IP, and have a kickstarter, I'd donate.
>>
I'd like it if the creators could maybe just give us an explanation of how things were supposed to go. Like what the fuck happened to that little white haired shit? I was pissed that I never got to see him get his ass whooped.
>>
>>90668373

give it a decade.
>>
>>90668373
No. Just watch Mazinger and enjoy the show that inspired Titan.
>>
it literally legally can't come back
>>
No, it sucked
>>
>>90671984
why not?
>>
>>90672403
READ THE THREAD

THE ANSWER HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN TWICE
>>
>>90672403

Tax write-offs. Legally it can never air on CN again and can never be legally distributed.
>>
>Tax write-offs
How does that works. CN sells the rights of the show to the feds to save on tax money or something?
>>
>>90672558
what does that even mean?
>>
>>90672620
They basically write it off as a failure so they get a break on having to pay some taxes. Because it's written as a loss, the US government keeps the airing rights.

These aren't the same as the intellectual rights. But CN or Adult Swim can't air it or do something with the property.

It's not exactly a kiss of death since Beware the Batman was written off as well, but DC still owns the rights and can use it somewhere else. But they can't air it on CN, and since Symbionic is a CN original, it's fucked.
>>
File: 1482535323005.jpg (17KB, 504x449px) Image search: [Google]
1482535323005.jpg
17KB, 504x449px
>>90672848
So all we have to do is get a make a /co/fag president?
>>
>>90672848
>CN wrote off Batman to save a little on taxes
are they retarded?
>>
>>90668373
Short answer, no.

Long answer, fuck no.
>>
>>90668373
yes
>>
>>90672683
Basically CN sold it to the government so they don't have to pay taxes to keep it alive or some shit
>>
>>90672905
Snyder was on a warpath when it came to action cartoons at the time, so yeah.

At least it and other DC cartoons have the big safety net of DC and WB.
>>
>>90673004
wow, that's awful
>>
>>90672905
Actually this is probably the smartest thing they did. Write-offs are generally last resort for the nuclear option where everyone loses: You don't have to pay taxes for said show but all rights, properties and merchandising of said show is now illegal.

Here's the beauty of Beware the Batman: CN doesn't really own Batman. It's a DC property. They have the rights for that very specific show but Batman is still by all accounts owned by DC. Beware the Batman had poor ratings so they wrote it off, but Batman is still very much owned by Warner. So they can make another Batman show if the want whenever they want, they simply can't call it "Beware the Batman" and have the same look. But they were planning to cancel the show anyway so it's no loss at all.

It's the one genius thing CN has done to be frank because they essentially found a way to cheat the IRS in a totally legal fashion.
>>
>>90672848
Is there any way to get those rights back? An expiration date or fee?
>>
>>90673125
>Beware the Batman had poor ratings so they wrote it off

It wouldn't have had "bad" (they really weren't considering the crappy timeslot it had) ratings in the first place if CN didn't do a shit job advertising it and had actually had put some effort into it.

It's almost like they did it on purpose so they could write it off in the first place.
>>
>>90673148
It depends on some instances. Sometimes creators can buy the rights back to a property, but it's very rare since the prices get jacked for that.
>>
>>90673215
>It's almost like they did it on purpose so they could write it off in the first place.
No that's dumb because all a write-off does is avoid paying taxes for funding said product.

But the best way to not pay taxes for your investment is to not make the investment in the first place.

Unless it was a scam funneling other sources of cash, but no you can clearly see by advertisements and animation that it did have a budget.
>>
>>90673233
Is there any way to check if Gendy can do that to SBT?
>>
>>90668573
>thing happens
>somehow it had something to do with reddit
>>>/reddit/
This backhanded circle jerking is really starting to get old
>>
>>90673277
>But the best way to not pay taxes for your investment is to not make the investment in the first place.

They can't choose not to. CN is obligated to air what DC and WB airs. That's why CN treats WB Animation and overseas acquisitions like shit. They profit very little from them and are only contractually obligated to air them.
>>
>>90669390
Link to Q and A my man?
>>
>>90668695
I'd like Ilana's robot doing it.
>>
File: Ilana is cute, CUTE.png (278KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
Ilana is cute, CUTE.png
278KB, 500x280px
>>90668373
I really hope so, Ilana is my favorite waifu.

Oh and I guess I want to know how it ends and stuff.
>>
>>90677339
>annoying female character that doesn't listen to orders and gets everyone into trouble
>>
>>90677339
I want to see Ilana and Lance continue their sibling like relationship while helping each other find their true love on earth.

I'm usually the disgusting shipperfag but I think it is great they didn't go with the "hero and heroine belong together" route.
>>
>>90677874
See I always saw her as
>the group's moral compass who can be unreasonable at times
>but ultimately is just a genuinely caring person who wants to help
>>
>>90668373
WHY DIDN'T ANYONE ASK THIS QUESTION DURING THE Q&A??

Instead we had such scintillating and noggin' joggin' questions like 'WHY DOES JACK HAVE A BEARD?' and Bogbros memes.
>>
>>90668373
SJ was a pretty successful show in its day that could cash in on nostalgia bucks.

SBT was neither popular enough in its original incarnation nor long enough ago to fit either requirement.
>>
>>90677974
Then maybe it returning can just have a good enough reception anyway of new viewers and whoever wanted it back.
>>
>>90677974
How did Titan do when it was running on Toonami?
>>
>>90678295
0.70s
>>
>>90668373
Just because one character shares a similar hairstyle doesn't mean the show will come back. This is dead and never coming back, even as a brainless zombie.
>>
>>90678744
>Just because one character shares a similar hairstyle doesn't mean the show will come back.
The people pointing that out were just doing wishful thinking.
>>
I've heard rumors that SBT's poor treatment was because of bad blood between CN and Tartakovsky, but considering we're getting SJ now, it can't have been all bad.
>>
File: megasxlr.jpg (2MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
megasxlr.jpg
2MB, 2550x3300px
>>90668373
fuck i hope not. superior western mech show coming through and a more worthy candidate of another season
>>
>>90679296
Titan had better animation and a stronger story
>>
File: 1479451196263.png (165KB, 542x712px) Image search: [Google]
1479451196263.png
165KB, 542x712px
>>90678949
I have a suggestion for them.
>>
File: 1467822364067.jpg (201KB, 1280x1707px) Image search: [Google]
1467822364067.jpg
201KB, 1280x1707px
>>90672848
I'm having trouble finding any information about other networks/studios that have done that to other shows and whether any of those have been brought back.

I'm also having trouble finding where it says that written-off properties cannot be used or transferred at a later date.

Not that I don't believe you, I just want to actual read the law.

Here's where I looked:

https://www.irs.gov/irb/2007-12_IRB/ar10.html
http://www.thetaxadviser.com/issues/2013/dec/kelley-dec2013.html
https://home.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/pdf/2015/03/Film%20financing%20and%20television%20programming-%20united-states.pdf
>>
>>90679931
I don't think it's worth digging into the deep law for unless you're really into that stuff. If you find anything it won't change the outcome of whatever Genndy and CN will do with it, because they would've known already and that hasn't changed anything up to this point.
>>
>>90668373
I'd want to see some new Dexter's done by Genndy.
>>
>>90680282
It went well over into post-original seasons.
Thread posts: 61
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.